Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like the Feathers is a good fit for you. It's more about just having the last little bit to lose, or even some of us are just maintaining.

Glad to have you hear! Hopefully, you find the support you need. Welcome!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #2  

Sounds like the Feathers is a good fit for you. It's more about just having the last little bit to lose, or even some of us are just maintaining.

Glad to have you hear! Hopefully, you find the support you need. Welcome!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:02 AM   #3  

Default New and maybe in the right place?

I actually just signed up here, and I think this section is maybe the part of the forum that best fits for me? I wouldn't consider myself particularly "featherweight" like, at about 130-something pounds and 5'6", but I also don't want to lose like 50 or 100 pounds or anything that drastic!

I'm just another classic yo-yo dieter. At least, an extremely short-attention-spanned one...my "diets" usually last at most a week or two and at worst, and more commonly, a day or even just 3-4 hours, and then naturally the rebound binge comes for 2 or 3 times that same length. I also binge eat as a boredom prevention or zoning out mechanism, like as my go-to activity when I've got nothing else to do.

I don't like have a specific weightloss goal or anything, and actually I'm not even into checking my weight, because I know from experience that the way my body looks at different weights can differ hugely depending on how my eating and exercise habits are and if I've been in a "diet" or "binge" part of the cycle. Instead, I've recently become interested in Intuitive Eating and Health At Every Size, after reading the two books by those names on a recommendation from my sister. Basically, I just want to get out of this crazy obsessive unhealthy pattern of eating I have and just eat more moderately!

I didn't think too much about it until recently, when my husband started trying to lose weight for health purposes and started tracking his weight, and I was AMAZED to see that his weight actually stayed so consistent day to day. It was honestly like mind-blowing to see my husbands weight being literally exactly the same or at most plus/minus .2 or .5 pounds day to day. I didn't know that was possible....mine is ALWAYS fluctuating by at least a couple pounds (sometimes as much as 10!) from one day to the next, because I am always either eating very very little or very very much a lot. So I guess that's when it hit me that I might just have a problem!

Plus I also noticed that how I feel about myself and my satisfaction with how I look is much more closely tied to my eating behavior than my actual weight. Like, I can look in the mirror and be really happy at a size 6 or 8 after days of eating healthfully, and I can also see something horrible being a size 0 and having binged a couple days in a row. And I have been through such a range of sizes... was super super thin for a while, then up to 80 pounds heavier, then less and less and more and less and back to size 0 again, to now just somewhere in the middle of average.

So that's my little introduction I guess. Just hoping to find some support as I go about this, being moderate and healthy and, just as an added benefit, I'm guessing, lose some extra yo-yo weight along with it.
nightbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi and welcome! I know exactly what you're talking about - being BLOWN away when other people exercise moderation and control.

2 years ago at this time of year I was having a really, really hard time with binges and then trying to compensate by restricting - I honestly don't know where I'd be now if I hadn't gone through a major life change (moving back to my home country, to my parents' house, then moving out to my current town) that sort of put a barrier between me and binging. Something just clicked I guess - I joined a gym and started doing different kinds of exercise, and the weight kind of took care of itself. I have a half gallon of ice cream and a jar of peanut butter at home and I do not fear them. I suppose I am active which helps - I eat a LOT, 2000+ calories a day pretty much every day.

It's kind of useless to talk about yourself since everyone's issues and journeys are so different but I dunno I just wanted to say IT CAN GET BETTER! Welcome to Featherweights!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #5  

Thank you guys both for the welcome!

You sound a lot like me, Krampus, at least the "before" part. Hope to get to where you are! 2000 calories a day does sound like a lot for me....I know it's bad but on my restrictive days it doesn't seem weird at all to me to have just like a couple hundred calories! But when i think about it, if I eat like 500 calories one day and then binge and have several thousand the next, that's actually like having 2000 a day in the end! It seems so radical to me, but it makes sense and sounds much more moderate and healthy.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #6  

Thank you too, Turbomammoth!
I like your name, by the way...I have a thing for mammoths (the animal). lol
Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #7  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi and welcome!

I think aknowledging your eating pattern is already a hugeeeee step of the work I had never heard of the book who are talking about, I'll check them out!!

Welcome again!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #8  

Oops sorry for the weird post timing... I think I had the wrong time zone selected!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbugs View Post
Oops sorry for the weird post timing... I think I had the wrong time zone selected!
It keeps doing it to me too! I have the right one selected but at the bottom it says it's a different time zone & it's actually saying it's posting 24 minutes before the current time. Freaking weird.