Ideal Protein Diet - Dinner substitute

View Full Version : Dinner substitute

benice
03-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi,

I know that being a veggie on this diet can be very tough. I am not a veggie, but I know there are threads disussing how to do this diet as a vegetarian. For example, here is one: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/260836-vegetarians-guide.html

I found this link by Googling "Ideal Protein vegetarian". A few threads popped up that you might want to explore. I pasted this one because it has the most responses.

One thing to clarify, for dinner protein the egg equivalent is 4 whole + 2 whites.

Finally, I'm pretty sure people eat some amount of boca burgers to make up their protein. I'm not sure if you do soy, but this might be one way to add variety.

Good luck!

Pixie111
03-21-2013, 02:32 PM
I need some advice here. I am new to this site and I tried searching for an answer to my problem. Not sure if I should have started a new thread.. but here goes..

I am a vegetarian and do not eat any kind of meat and I dont like tofu either :( . My coach told me to to eat about 4 egg whites + 2 whole eggs for dinner to substitue for 8 oz meat. I have been doing so since a week and I am tired of eating eggs. Can I instead substitute the 8 oz protein with 1 packet of IP and may be have 2 egg whites on the side?

:?:

IdealProteinNewbie
03-21-2013, 02:38 PM
You need to be eating 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites to substitute your 8oz of meat.

If you're tired of eggs you can, in a pinch, use 2 non-restricted IP packs instead.

Pixie111
03-21-2013, 02:55 PM
IdealProteinNewbie and benice - thank you for your replies!

So I got the whites and the wholes mixed up:o I've been eating that way since a week!

I will check out the thread.