Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/21/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/21/2013

lisa32989
03-21-2013, 07:24 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

usmcvet
03-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Good morning Peeps! I hope you all ave a great IP day. I plan to. Headache is gone feeling lots of energy. I'm in the zone again. It's funny I was very hungry and had a headache last night and I was happy about it because I knew it was working!

ginettepv
03-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Hello everyone from Quebec city. I am here on a conference with 7 collegues. Where every year I would drink nightly and eat maple syrup desserts while here, I have stayed OP all week with two days left. I will admit I have missed the wine and would have loved a social drink with others, but did not crave the sugar for the first time in my life.

My friends have had fun with me all week, laughing while I drank my mio and they all drank, but I laughed it off and told them how grreat I felt for the first time. I think I even converted a couple too.

My thought all week has been from a quote I got here from someone. Skinny tastes so much better.

So great NSV for me with all the great food and drinks, but I am very proud of myself. I never would have had the willpower to do this before and it wasn't even a struggle.

Only bad part of this is that it has not stopped snowing since we got here. Enough already,

Have a great day everyone!

Spiritman
03-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Did my weekly weigh in and am happy to report that my nemesis the bathroom scale says I am down 10 pounds. That makes 45 pounds in 5 weeks. Good deal. Two days ago it was reading a loss of 2 pounds. Can't understand it and don't care to either. A loss is a loss.
It's also nice to report that I am shrinking out of clothes instead of growing out of them. That's it, that's all from this frozen, wind swept part of the world, have a good day everyone.

newday2013
03-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Hello everyone from Quebec city. I am here on a conference with 7 collegues. Where every year I would drink nightly and eat maple syrup desserts while here, I have stayed OP all week with two days left. I will admit I have missed the wine and would have loved a social drink with others, but did not crave the sugar for the first time in my life.

My friends have had fun with me all week, laughing while I drank my mio and they all drank, but I laughed it off and told them how grreat I felt for the first time. I think I even converted a couple too.

My thought all week has been from a quote I got here from someone. Skinny tastes so much better.

So great NSV for me with all the great food and drinks, but I am very proud of myself. I never would have had the willpower to do this before and it wasn't even a struggle.

Only bad part of this is that it has not stopped snowing since we got here. Enough already,

Awesome girl! No worries, it's been snowing here too, so you're not missing anything...no sucre a creme for you huh? C'est domage...LOL!!!

Donna Gel
03-21-2013, 09:19 AM
We are under another winter storm warning here. But it is MARCH!! Spring will arrive. :D

Another day of painting at the Market, lots of work.

By the time I get home in the evening I am too exhausted to eat, anything. I have taken to adding whole eggs to my cereal pancake mix in the morning and having some sort of meat at lunch, along with veggies. That way I can just have a protein pack for dinner and not worry about it. So I am still getting 2 protein packs, vegetables and 6-8 oz of protein in.

Trina M
03-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone. Weigh to go Spiritman and good job Ginettepv!

I need advice. I'm matron of honor in a wedding in August and she found the dresses she wants us to order. This Saturday!! I'm not at goal, about 50 lbs away and am not sure how to order the dress. I'm thinking 2 sizes smaller that way it can be taken in instead of let out. Any help is appreciated!

usmcvet
03-21-2013, 09:44 AM

I am sick of the snow too!

Awesome NSV's. My first big test was a wedding in May last year. I was down over 70 pounds in about two months and I was around lots of people eating and drinking! I had black coffee for desert and brought my blender bottle and powdered drinks as well as some IP snacks. I don't think I needed the snacks but having them made me feel good. I bought drinks for friends and my wife most of the night and turned down may offers. It felt good. I had the oh just have one one drink or it's just one night comment many times. I just smiled. When I told my wife I really wanted a beer she said she was sorry but I smiled and said the improvement in our sex life was soooo much better than the beer! :devil:

Did my weekly weigh in and am happy to report that my nemesis the bathroom scale says I am down 10 pounds. That makes 45 pounds in 5 weeks. Good deal. Two days ago it was reading a loss of 2 pounds. Can't understand it and don't care to either. A loss is a loss.
It's also nice to report that I am shrinking out of clothes instead of growing out of them. That's it, that's all from this frozen, wind swept part of the world, have a good day everyone.

The whoosh fairy visited. I'm down about ten since Monday, feels awesome. My headache and hunger have subsided, I'm back in ketosis! :carrot:

usmcvet
03-21-2013, 09:50 AM
I have been looking at the tickers you all have, really cool, btw....What is an appropriate mini-goal? I have 45 pounds to loose.....how long, in y'alls experience, should that take?

Pick something you want/like but just have not bought fro yourself. I bought myself a really nice watch when I hit 70 pounds lost. I was going to buy a new bed at 125 lost but I don't need it like I used to and I don't have the money to move from the Queen to King size bed. I picked Disney as goal because I've wanted to take my kids for a while but was way too big before, not now but it's a goal and keeps them excited about me loosing weight.

It does not have to be something expensive just something nice. I know people buys beads for their bracelets, scarfs, dresses, shoes.... the list goes on.

hebertwhite9
03-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Today is day #4 on alternative IP. I haven't had the headaches or nausea, which is great, but I haven't had the weight loss I was hoping for. Years ago, I lost weight quickly with Atkins, and I really expected the same kind of losses. Still in ketosis, so that means my body is working at least, right? Just keep on keepin on......:?:

ecmcnamee
03-21-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm feeling a little blah today ... have noticed that since starting IP, I'm more down than up. Not a fan. Trying to keep my chin up.

Happy Thursday :)

hebertwhite9
03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
I have been looking at the tickers you all have, really cool, btw....What is an appropriate mini-goal? I have 45 pounds to loose.....how long, in y'alls experience, should that take?

mquinn106
03-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Good morning everyone! I think I need a hobby! Hours at my office have changed to spring/summer (you wouldn't know it by looking outside!) so I'm not tied down here as long each week now. But I get home and go stir crazy, I didn't realize how much of a "boredom eater" I was. I'm taking on extra projects to stay at work a bit later or bring home, my house is cleaner than ever, and I walk as much as I think is allowed and can do in the cold! Any suggestions for a craft hobby? Or a good book series?

Spiritman
03-21-2013, 10:15 AM
The whoosh fairy visited. I'm down about ten since Monday, feels awesome. My headache and hunger have subsided, I'm back in ketosis! :carrot:

Good to hear, back in the swing of things, eh?

A1Texan
03-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Having a little cup of "Smooth Move" tea this morning. Need to get things moving before WI tomorrow...LOL

A1Texan
03-21-2013, 10:33 AM
A mini goal could be a smaller pant size you haven't been able to get into in years. It needs to be something that has escaped you and you never thought you'd get there. Since you have 45 lbs to go, maybe set something for every 10 lbs and then reward yourself ....It's your choice but it's what I have done.

Enjoy and stay strong..!!

A1Texan
03-21-2013, 10:35 AM
I just noticed on my ticker that I'm over half way to my goal....That really picked up my day..... :D

workingit50
03-21-2013, 10:36 AM
I have not reported for several days but I had a successful weigh in of -3.2 lbs. Staying OP despite life struggles. In many ways it feels like the only thing I can control right now and having my food in control feels GREAT! Too long eating mindlessly to deal...........................

Congrats to all those who are staying on OP while out of town and with friends. That is super hard.

Yay for us!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar027/slider-lion/lb/197/150/178/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

workingit50
03-21-2013, 10:39 AM
I just noticed on my ticker that I'm over half way to my goal....That really picked up my day..... :D

It should pick you up today...that is awesome!

jeffiner
03-21-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm feeling a little blah today ... have noticed that since starting IP, I'm more down than up. Not a fan. Trying to keep my chin up.

Happy Thursday :)

This happened to me too..good news is that it did go away...I cant recall exactly when it went away but I started in Jan. I think I was down for about 3 or 4 weeks..anyway your post reminded me of it cause I have been fine for a while now.

Keep it up..it is worth it!

jeffiner
03-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone! I think I need a hobby! Hours at my office have changed to spring/summer (you wouldn't know it by looking outside!) so I'm not tied down here as long each week now. But I get home and go stir crazy, I didn't realize how much of a "boredom eater" I was. I'm taking on extra projects to stay at work a bit later or bring home, my house is cleaner than ever, and I walk as much as I think is allowed and can do in the cold! Any suggestions for a craft hobby? Or a good book series?

Ive always wanted to learn to quilt...or you could just come clean my house!

fitandfabfrog
03-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah for all the positive, happy posts this morning! Loving it! I have had a hard couple of days physically and I am ready for the initial energy loss to be done. Today is day 15 and I hear it starts getting better this week, I sure hope so...just in time for TOM to visit....BAH!!

I am really happy with how this way of eating has helped me control my emotional eating. I can now logically think through what I want/need and decide what else is bothering me or going on! LOVE learning these things for future when I need them even more!

RareBird
03-21-2013, 11:36 AM

You and I started at about the same weight and height, so I hope this comment from my perspective will help you. When I started the protocol, I set my goal at 10 pounds a month, which is reasonable for the 2-3 pound loss expected each week. Because of our size and starting weight, we're not going to loose anywhere as much weekly as larger people. You mentioned loosing weight faster years ago, so age may also be a factor in slower loss (I'm still pushing 60 from the low side, but not for much longer). When I started hitting weeks where I lost less than 2 pounds, even though higher weeks still made totals average over 2 pounds, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed because so many people were consistently loosing so much more. But then I reframed my thinking, and realized that I set a weight goal, but it wasn't reasonable to hold myself to any timeline. I'm still HOPING for 10 pounds a month, but if it doesn't happen, and it takes me an extra month (or two) to get to my goal, what difference does it make? I'm in such a better place than I was when I started, no matter how fast the weight is coming off! My advice is don't put pressure on yourself by trying to adhere to a timeline. Celebrate every pound lost, and look at the big picture.

djs06
03-21-2013, 11:39 AM

I need advice. I'm matron of honor in a wedding in August and she found the dresses she wants us to order. This Saturday!! I'm not at goal, about 50 lbs away and am not sure how to order the dress. I'm thinking 2 sizes smaller that way it can be taken in instead of let out. Any help is appreciated!

How much can it be taken in? Is it a dress from a place you can ultimately get another one of the same (i.e. Davids Bridal etc) a few months from now if it can't be altered?

I ordered a bridesmaid dress back in November for a July wedding (which I thought was so obnoxious, lol). It had a corset back so the woman said it could be taken in about four sizes. She recommended that I order my size or one size below for that reason, so I did. And I'm glad I did that because I fell off the IP wagon for a little while and have basically maintained since January. I knew when I ordered teh dress that I wouldn't want the extra stress of worrying about what would happen if my weight loss stalled, etc- and I also knew that I probably won't realistically be smaller than a size 10 by the wedding, which would have been three sizes smaller.

It's all up to you, though- talk to a tailor and see how much the dress can be taken in or whether you can return for another one around June if you blow your weight loss goals out of the water (and then get it taken in from there!) You're right, you don't want to have to have it taken out, that is an expensive, stressful nightmare.

Roo2
03-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Morning everyone! Although it officially Spring we are still wearing winter clothes here. Last night I went back out for dog class and I had a little snow on my windshield .

For the first time in years I have a pair of White Jeans for Spring/ Summer...never thought I would be wearing them ever again!:carrot: So thrilled can wait to wear them and I got some nice summer color tops to wear for a pop of color. So my NSV is dressing in colors that I steered away from cuz I was afraid they would not be flattering.

I also bought a DRESS !:) I took a picture in the dressing room and the store and sent my Coach as proof :D and This was not a Below the knee dress ...my knees were actually visible and there was a belt around the waist.....anyone who knows be realizes I am living on the edge having by pale white knees uncovered they have not seen the light of days for years.:dizzy:

My husband is so happy I have stopped wearing sweats that he had become accustom to seeing me in or my work scrubs.

I know have to get brave enough to start buying workout wear but I find that so intimidating and I am scared of how form fitting it is. I'll save that for next week. I don't think DH heart could take the shock of me in a dress and workout wear in the same week:D

I am thinking about possibly taking a Belly Dancing class...years ago I use to take them when we lived overseas and my husband was in the military .

I know I need to do something with my core. Presently I am walking and training my dogs to be Therapy Dogs for Hospital / Nursing homes.

Being on IP has help to motivate me to plan long term to be healthier and active.
And all of you inspire me to want to be more fit.:carrot:
I love reading posts and how everyone handles the challenges of trying to get healthy:hug:
Roo2

MSEMDEE
03-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Snow day for me and probably tomorrow as well!
I plan to clean house this morning and watch a movie this afternoon.
I am patiently waiting for sunshine and snow melt!
I feel great today!
Have a fabulous day IPeeps!

SylviesGirl
03-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Morning everyone! Although it officially Spring we are still wearing winter clothes here. Last night I went back out for dog class and I had a little snow on my windshield .

For the first time in years I have a pair of White Jeans for Spring/ Summer...never thought I would be wearing them ever again!:carrot: So thrilled can wait to wear them and I got some nice summer color tops to wear for a pop of color. So my NSV is dressing in colors that I steered away from cuz I was afraid they would not be flattering.

I also bought a DRESS !:) I took a picture in the dressing room and the store and sent my Coach as proof :D and This was not a Below the knee dress ...my knees were actually visible and there was a belt around the waist.....anyone who knows be realizes I am living on the edge having by pale white knees uncovered they have not seen the light of days for years.:dizzy:

My husband is so happy I have stopped wearing sweats that he had become accustom to seeing me in or my work scrubs.

I know have to get brave enough to start buying workout wear but I find that so intimidating and I am scared of how form fitting it is. I'll save that for next week. I don't think DH heart could take the shock of me in a dress and workout wear in the same week:D

I am thinking about possibly taking a Belly Dancing class...years ago I use to take them when we lived overseas and my husband was in the military .

I know I need to do something with my core. Presently I am walking and training my dogs to be Therapy Dogs for Hospital / Nursing homes.

Being on IP has help to motivate me to plan long term to be healthier and active.
And all of you inspire me to want to be more fit.:carrot:
I love reading posts and how everyone handles the challenges of trying to get healthy:hug:
Roo2

Wow, now THIS is a positive and motivating post! Go girl!! :dancer:

Congrats to all doing so well today -- losses, nsv's, and making plans!

A1Texan
03-21-2013, 12:47 PM
I have always read people using hot tea to stop hunger pains but have never tried it. So today I bought "Yogi" Green Tea - Blueberry Slim Life. It said that it "Energizes and Supports a Dieting Program". I must say that after having a nice cup of hot tea, my hunger went away. Go figure...LOL

benice
03-21-2013, 01:01 PM

This is a tough one. I ran into the same problem ordering my wedding dress back in November for my April wedding. When I tried the dress on, I had about 35 pounds to go. I bought two sizes smaller than I measured at (and it came in about one size too large). The way I figured it out was I had my sister, who I knew was about the size I would be, try on the sample. I bought based on what she would have ordered at the time. Is there someone who is about the size you will be when you are done who can "model" the sample? Becasue sizes and measuring are so dress-specific, it's hard to say to just buy x number of sizes down.

When my dress came in, it was about 1 size too big. Thankfully, they are able to alter it down (you really can't alter these things up). But you should also check to see how many sizes your dress can be taken up or down.

Finally, if you are ordering from a place like JCrew, you get the dress in about five days. You then have something like 60 days to return. When I was in a wedding in Sept, I bought two dresses and returned the size that didn't fit day-of. If it is a more traditional place, like a bridal shop or Nordstrom, it will take months. Also, they don't usually do returns. I'd recommend asking lots of questions about this. These places deal with weight gain/loss and pregnancy all the time. They should have lots of helpful information.

Good luck!!!

dawn again
03-21-2013, 01:07 PM

I don't know how long, I had much more to lose than you...some of my mini-goals were to drop a pants size, go from obese to overweight, 10%, 20%, etc. like that. Next mini goal is onederland! I just got from obese to overweight last week. Never thought i'd be so happy to be overweight!! ;)

ladylunk
03-21-2013, 01:07 PM

Wow sounds like you have a lot of motivation atleast and are getting lot's done. I have had trouble in the motivation department. Wish I experieced a bit more of the increased energy..Game of Thrones series would take up a lot of time, I really enjoyed that one.

Having a little cup of "Smooth Move" tea this morning. Need to get things moving before WI tomorrow...LOL

That's exactly what I did last night for today's weigh in!

We are under another winter storm warning here. But it is MARCH!! Spring will arrive. :D

I am under the same warning, north of you. NOTHING has happened yet! I find when they have the big panic and warnings etc. I am excitedly waiting and then nothing. It is lightly snowing now. Was supposed to start yesterday afternoon! I am new to this neck of the woods so look forward to a nice big blizzard, but nothing yet....

I have not reported for several days but I had a successful weigh in of -3.2 lbs. Staying OP despite life struggles. In many ways it feels like the only thing I can control right now and having my food in control feels GREAT! Too long eating mindlessly to deal...........................

That's a great weigh in! I was feeling that way when going through some life struggles as well. IP was the one thing I could control. It's a nice distraction to focus on when nothing else is working out to plan....Way to keep it up.

Everyone else great weigh ins and NSV's, especially those out with friends and away on vacation. I am heading to weigh in shortly and time to talk about phase 2 & 3. I will be out of the picture for awhile. I am really going to miss this site while I am away and probably will still lurk, as how do I just give it up? It is so part of my routine checking in with you all.

Cheekyskeeter
03-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Good WIs everyone!!! I love hearing how everyone is doing.

I will often have a cup of hot decaf coffee when I'm feeling hunger pangs and if I'm feeling like I need something sweet I add a little WF maple syrup.

Roo2 your idea about taking a Belly Dancing class got me thinking that would be fun to do once I phase off (one more week on phase 1 and I'm phasing off woohooo). And like you I've started buying and wearing clothes in actual colours instead of all black. It's awesome.

usmcvet
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Good to hear, back in the swing of things, eh? Thank you.

I just noticed on my ticker that I'm over half way to my goal....That really picked up my day..... :D Awesome Dude!

Happy to announce that today I reached a loss of 50 lbs on IP. :)
Hope everyone has a great OP day! Jen
Jen that is wonderful. Try to go find something that weighs fifty pounds and see how heavy it is! I did that with dumbells for a while, then my WL was too big for dumbells and I switched to highway signs. Here is the weight I used to announce I hit fifty lost. I'm very proud of you!
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/50.jpg

usmcvet
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Whooo Hooo JenRem!

Spiritman
03-21-2013, 01:31 PM

Way to go, well done.

usmcvet
03-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Whooo Hooo JenRem!

usmcvet
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Okay not sure what's up but twice I've tried to post to congratulate you Jen and my posts are above yours. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone! It's 1256 not 1232 as my last post says it is. Gotta go get my tinfoil hat on!

JenRem
03-21-2013, 01:40 PM

hebertwhite9
03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks so much...your comment really does make me feel better...

4Mom
03-21-2013, 02:19 PM
I have managed to make it through all the holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years) 100% OP, but tomorrow I leave on a mini vacation for my Birthday and a little scared that I wont stay 100% staying in a hotel no fridge or microwave. So my plan is no soups cause no way to heat I will drink RTD's for breakfast, lunch will be a salad I have single WF packets, RTD or puddings and already cut up veggies, dinner will have to be out :-( not sure I'm ready for this, but I could not put my life on hold forever.

ragdoll74
03-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Okay not sure what's up but twice I've tried to post to congratulate you Jen and my posts are above yours. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone! It's 1256 not 1232 as my last post says it is. Gotta go get my tinfoil hat on!

I thought you were psychic and posting replies in advance LOL

Glover girl
03-21-2013, 02:35 PM

That's terrific, congrats!:carrot:

IdealProteinNewbie
03-21-2013, 02:38 PM

Haha me too!

Quick...tell me the winning lottery numbers for tonight!

clo2551
03-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Good Morning IPer's!
I've been IP since Oct and have done quite well. Lately I've seemed to hit a wall mentally and not sure how to break through it. I still have about 28lbs to go before I hit goal and I find that I'm just "tired" of dieting. I love IP and what it has done for me and want to continue my journey until I reach goal but need to find how to mentally push myself ahead....

Bella73123
03-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Good Morning IPer's!
I've been IP since Oct and have done quite well. Lately I've seemed to hit a wall mentally and not sure how to break through it. I still have about 28lbs to go before I hit goal and I find that I'm just "tired" of dieting. I love IP and what it has done for me and want to continue my journey until I reach goal but need to find how to mentally push myself ahead....

I CAN SO IDENTIFY WITH THIS STATEMENT!! I can't offer any advice, but if you get any good advice, let me know! Until then we can keep each other company if you like :dizzy:

breezie68
03-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Good Morning IPer's!

I can completely identify with you on this as well. I've for 18 lbs to go, but IM OVER IT! But we've come this far... WE CAN DO IT!:carrot: (I type this as I gag down some raw broccoli w/ that awful WF thousand island dressing...barf).
I may never eat steak again after I'm in maintenance lol

LizJazz
03-21-2013, 03:41 PM
I hope everyone is having an OP day!!
I had my weigh in Wednesday, -3 pounds.

I must admit I am a daily weigher. Sometimes I weigh myself morning and night.....crazy right? I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, an I have literally gained 5 pounds in 2 days before-so I always felt like I had to weigh everyday to make sure things didn't get out of control.
Well, this week I am going to pick up my scale and try not to weigh myself at all.

For my fellow quest bar eaters-do you count the quest bars as a restricted? I think I will, just to be on the safe side.

LizJazz
03-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Good Morning IPer's!

This is me!! My Facebook status from yesterday says, "I am so flipping over vegetables and protein". Yesterday was the first day I feel like I hit a mental wall. My weight loss has slowed, and the 150 mark is driving me nuts. Lol!! It was the first day I could barely even swallow my veggies :-(
Of course, I will press in an stay the course. Glad we have this group so we don't feel so alone!!!

PacNW IP
03-21-2013, 03:55 PM
4Mom:

I have managed to make it through all the holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years) 100% OP, but tomorrow I leave on a mini vacation for my Birthday and a little scared that I wont stay 100% staying in a hotel no fridge or microwave. So my plan is no soups cause no way to heat I will drink RTD's for breakfast, lunch will be a salad I have single WF packets, RTD or puddings and already cut up veggies, dinner will have to be out :-( not sure I'm ready for this, but I could not put my life on hold forever.

I just got back from a business trip where I had to get a little creative to remain OP because I didn't have a fridge or microwave either. As as soon as I got to my destination, I went on a grocery shopping trip and picked up some bagged salad and pre-cut vegetables. I also bought one of those little styrofoam coolers and kept it stocked with ice to keep my veggies and salad cold in the hotel room. If you like tuna, the pouches are great for quick protein that you don't need to keep refrigerated. I just added some WF dressing to it.

I brought a small soft-sided cooler as well and just put a baggie of ice in it so I could take food with me when I was out. I was so glad I did too, because the lunches they brought in for us were completely off plan. I literally could not eat ANY of it!

It takes a little doing, but it is definitely possible to stay OP while traveling. Good luck, and enjoy your trip!

Bella73123
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
For my fellow quest bar eaters-do you count the quest bars as a restricted? I think I will, just to be on the safe side.

I know everyone is different, but based on the IP guidelines, this is how I think it works.

These are the guidelines to be a suitable IP alternative:
Under 200 calories per serving
less than 30% calories from fat (multiply the total cal by .3, if the total cal from fat is less than that number, it's fine)

8g NET carbs or less = unrestricted
9g-16g NET carbs = restricted (once per day)
17g NET carbs = super restricted (twice per week only)
Above 17g net carbs is too high

at least 12-15g protein

Therefore:
Choc Cookie Dough - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Chocolate Brownie - 5 net carbs - unrestricted
Vanilla Almond - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Peanut Supreme - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Apple Pie - 6 net carbs - unrestricted
Mixed Berry - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
PB & J - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Banana Nut - 9 net carbs - Restricted
Peanut Butter Chocolate - 8 net carbs - unrestricted
Cinnamon Roll - 7 net carbs - unrestricted
Coconut Cashew - doesn't meet IP requirements, too many cals from fat.
Strawberry Cheesecake - 8 net carbs - unrestricted
Lemon Cream Pie - 8 net carbs - unrestricted

I thought that anything 8 or over was restricted, so I count them that way. Also, some people count them as restricted since they are over 150 calories.

ladylunk
03-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Woke up this morning on phase one. Had my final weigh in for the next month and as of lunch I am on phase 2. I had some turkey maple "sausage" patties left over so had those and some scrambled eggs with mushrooms. Will roast remailing veggies in a bit. My coach was actually just going to put me straight to phase 3, but there is a lot to read through and I wasn't sure what to get at the store. I bought whole wheat organic flour, fat free greek yogurt, museli, and eggs. So hopefully that will get me started while I read and prepare for my week at Phase 3. Probably start in the next couple of days.

I lost 3 pounds this week. For the record I was one pound off my first goal. But as my mother tells me why is it so important to get to 175? So you can be there for a day? Exactly. Coach says will gain 2-3 pounds of sugar water pretty quick. And then it depends how I eat away that will determine from there. I lost 26 pounds in 9 weeks. Very happy with that.

Sorry for those struggling mentally with the plan. Wishing you all good luck with getting through it. You can do it.

FlooNimbus13127
03-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Yum, kale chips! I was a little too heavy with the sea salt on them, but they are good.

Has anyone else tried them?

FlooNimbus13127
03-21-2013, 04:46 PM

I learned to knit. It keeps your hands busy, and you can listen to audio books while knitting and drinking tea!

Jujubie
03-21-2013, 05:05 PM
I know everyone is different, but based on the IP guidelines, this is how I think it works.

less than 30% calories from fat (multiply the total cal by .3, if the total cal from fat is less than that number, it's fine)

at least 12-15g protein

Therefore:

I thought that anything 8 or over was restricted, so I count them that way. Also, some people count them as restricted since they are over 150 calories.

Great info....Thanks!

De11s
03-21-2013, 05:28 PM
You and I started at about the same weight and height, so I hope this comment from my perspective will help you. When I started the protocol, I set my goal at 10 pounds a month, which is reasonable for the 2-3 pound loss expected each week. Because of our size and starting weight, we're not going to loose anywhere as much weekly as larger people. You mentioned loosing weight faster years ago, so age may also be a factor in slower loss (I'm still pushing 60 from the low side, but not for much longer). When I started hitting weeks where I lost less than 2 pounds, even though higher weeks still made totals average over 2 pounds, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed because so many people were consistently loosing so much more. But then I reframed my thinking, and realized that I set a weight goal, but it wasn't reasonable to hold myself to any timeline. I'm still HOPING for 10 pounds a month, but if it doesn't happen, and it takes me an extra month (or two) to get to my goal, what difference does it make? I'm in such a better place than I was when I started, no matter how fast the weight is coming off! My advice is don't put pressure on yourself by trying to adhere to a timeline. Celebrate every pound lost, and look at the big picture.
What a Great way to look at things, I too am about the same starting weight and height. I didn't even think of setting mini goals until I one day realized I had lost 25lbs and decided to buy a couple pairs of jeans as a reward, I bought one in a comfortable size and grabbed another pair one size smaller. I went home that night and tried on the smaller ones to see how far I had to go to get in them, I was shocked!! when I could actually button them. I am wearing them on a regular basis now. Just take it one OP day at a time and the weight will take care of it's self. Be strong and be proud of each accomplishment, you are worth it!!!:angel:

JenRem
03-21-2013, 05:41 PM
usmcvet, Spiritman, Glover girl - Thanks, I appreciate it!
usmcvet - I don't know what happened either; that's very strange that it posted out of order!

I don't think you can do this, I KNOW you can do this. You've proved how determined and committed you are thus far! Remember when you order out at a restaurant, just ask them to cook your meat with no added oils or seasonings and confirm what the cooked vegetables are beforehand (sometimes they'll have things like carrots that we can't have on P1 - I usually just ask for ALL steamed broccoli). Sometimes the hotels will have a microwave down by the office that can be used even if there isn't one in your room - you might check. Good Luck and let us know how it goes!
Have a wonderful BIRTHDAY vacation! And enjoy how much healthier your body is becoming.

4Mom: I just got back from a business trip where I had to get a little creative to remain OP.

Good Job - you rocked it!

Woke up this morning on phase one. Had my final weigh in for the next month and as of lunch I am on phase 2. I lost 26 pounds in 9 weeks. Very happy with that.

Congrats! WTG! If you haven't already, you might start lurking on the Maintainers Thread (I plan to do this when I'm closer to goal).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also sorry to hear about so many struggling mentally with being OP and just simply having it take longer to lose as you get closer to goal. It seems that this can be very normal as I've been on 3FC for 6 months and have read many posts. Thankfully, I haven't really had any huge struggles yet, but have quite a ways to go until I'm to goal (as I will probably lower goal down the road).
Hopefully some IPer's who have been in your situation and powered thru to make it to goal will chime in and give some good advice. Since, quite a few are struggling, it might be an important enough topic to create a separate Thread, if there aren't many responses by the end of the day.

:) Jen

Suchawittygal
03-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I have always read people using hot tea to stop hunger pains but have never tried it. So today I bought "Yogi" Green Tea - Blueberry Slim Life. It said that it "Energizes and Supports a Dieting Program". I must say that after having a nice cup of hot tea, my hunger went away. Go figure...LOL

Hmmmm...I'll have to try that.

benice
03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
I can completely identify with you on this as well. I've for 18 lbs to go, but IM OVER IT! But we've come this far... WE CAN DO IT!:carrot: (I type this as I gag down some raw broccoli w/ that awful WF thousand island dressing...barf).
I may never eat steak again after I'm in maintenance lol

Haha! I'm with you gals. My breaking point was DRINKING every meal. BLECH. Thank GOD for Quest bars. They have been a life saver.

fitandfabfrog
03-21-2013, 06:09 PM
:cp: My dryer 'shrunk' jeans are even getting to be too loose on me! Great NSV today!!!

clo2551
03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Haha! I'm with you gals. My breaking point was DRINKING every meal. BLECH. Thank GOD for Quest bars. They have been a life saver.

What are these Quest bars everybody is talking about and are they available in Canada? Do they taste good? I'm quite picky when it comes to my bars and if they taste really chalky it's a definite turn off for me :(

iKande03
03-21-2013, 07:32 PM
I just picked up my packets today. I know most people say start on Saturday however I am ready to start today. I can't think of a reason to delay. I just pray I'm still this excited and committed to my goal Sunday because I heard the 3rd day is the hardest.

Charbarot
03-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Get WI tomorrow. Feeling so good. Been very busy this week taking care of my hubby who is having back problems. With all of this snow haven't exercised at all...other than shoveling...I guess that's exercise

Charbarot
03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
I have a question to ask someone. I had a grilled chicken salad tonight and it had a few slices of black olive in it...I ate them...is that a no-no?

Jujubie
03-21-2013, 08:16 PM
I have a question to ask someone. I had a grilled chicken salad tonight and it had a few slices of black olive in it...I ate them...is that a no-no?

Unfortunately black olives are a no no for phases 1 - 3. I am not sure about 4.

Charbarot
03-21-2013, 08:19 PM
TY...oh no...I'll have to let them know tomorrow when I go for my WI. Hope I didn't harm myself too much

lisa32989
03-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Yum, kale chips! I was a little too heavy with the sea salt on them, but they are good.

Has anyone else tried them?
Lots of people make them!

I count them all as restricted and don't eat some. See the Quest Bar thread

Oh, that's wonderful
Congrats

Why do you think I'm always making potato/zucchini muffins for lunch or muffins for breakfast with zucchini and banana or wild berry or lemon?
Something to chew!
And I usually have a salty restricted...more to crunch!

pinkeetoz
03-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I had 2 cups of veggies and lettuce at lunch and forgot to drink my IP shake. I only remembered when I was hungry before dinner, which is unusual. I have since eaten my protein and veggies for dinner and I am not hungry. Do I drink an extra protein drink tonight or just skip it?

RareBird
03-21-2013, 08:32 PM
What a Great way to look at things, I too am about the same starting weight and height. I didn't even think of setting mini goals until I one day realized I had lost 25lbs and decided to buy a couple pairs of jeans as a reward, I bought one in a comfortable size and grabbed another pair one size smaller. I went home that night and tried on the smaller ones to see how far I had to go to get in them, I was shocked!! when I could actually button them. I am wearing them on a regular basis now. Just take it one OP day at a time and the weight will take care of it's self. Be strong and be proud of each accomplishment, you are worth it!!!:angel:

Congrats on your loss so far and your NSV! The problem with not setting real mini-goals is that I've been rewarding my self much too frequently :)

IdealProteinNewbie
03-21-2013, 08:34 PM
I had 2 cups of veggies and lettuce at lunch and forgot to drink my IP shake. I only remembered when I was hungry before dinner, which is unusual. I have since eaten my protein and veggies for dinner and I am not hungry. Do I drink an extra protein drink tonight or just skip it?

Definitely eat it tonight, this plan is much too low in calories to skip anything.

Jujubie
03-21-2013, 08:35 PM
This is my 20th post....yeah, can't wait to get my signature. :D

IdealProteinNewbie
03-21-2013, 08:37 PM
I, too, count all Quest bars as restricted.

Even though they have very low net carbs, most are higher calories than non-restricted IP packets.

pinkeetoz
03-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Ok, so I'll drink the shake that I missed for lunch now and have a snack before bed, then, right?

Mother of the Groom
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Congrats on all the great WI's today!
I just had WI #5, down 3 lbs :carrot:
25.4 lbs down :carrot::carrot::carrot:

IdealProteinNewbie
03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Ok, so I'll drink the shake that I missed for lunch now and have a snack before bed, then, right?

Right, 3 packets everyday!

LizJazz
03-21-2013, 08:56 PM

at least 12-15g protein

Therefore:

Shoot, I forgot to check the fat! I guess I will just eat half of the cookie sough bars until I run out.
Thanks for your help, I wrote down what to look for in my ip notebook ;-)

Charbarot
03-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Congrats on all the great WI's today!
I just had WI #5, down 3 lbs :carrot:
25.4 lbs down :carrot::carrot::carrot:

OMG...that is awesome....I wish I was doing that great

pinkeetoz
03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Thank you Idealproteinnewbie

Charbarot
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Tomorrow will be my 4th WI...now I'm worried because I had black olives today. Went out St. Patty's and drank water because I didn't want to blow it by having ANY type of alcohol. I feel like crying. Working so hard at this :cry:

benice
03-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Why do you think I'm always making potato/zucchini muffins for lunch or muffins for breakfast with zucchini and banana or wild berry or lemon?
Something to chew!
And I usually have a salty restricted...more to crunch!

I'm totally with you on needing to chew my food. :) I made zucchini muffins once and they turned out terrible, so I've been hesitant to re-try. I really should.

P.S. I tend to hate chocolat-y things, so I didn't try the Quest chocolate chip cookie dough bar for the longest time. I tried it last night and thought of you. It was DELICIOUS! You are right. I can see how they become a trigger to eat MORE.

GreatLakes86
03-21-2013, 09:15 PM
I just picked up my packets today. I know most people say start on Saturday however I am ready to start today. I can't think of a reason to delay. I just pray I'm still this excited and committed to my goal Sunday because I heard the 3rd day is the hardest.

I think you're smart to start today. That way if you feel unwell on Sunday you won't be at work. What helped me a ton was getting in some extra sea salt throughout the day in those first few days. If you get sort of a dull headache, take a bit of salt and the headache should disappear within 10 minutes or so. Best of luck to you!

benice
03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Tomorrow will be my 4th WI...now I'm worried because I had black olives today. Went out St. Patty's and drank water because I didn't want to blow it by having ANY type of alcohol. I feel like crying. Working so hard at this :cry:

And you're doing great!!! We all take inadvertent missteps from time to time. You are handling this exactly right--identify the off plan food and don't repeat! This does not in any way negate the fact that you did AWESOME on St. Paddy's day. Go you!

usmcvet
03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I wish!
Haha me too!

Quick...tell me the winning lottery numbers for tonight!
:D

at least 12-15g protein

Therefore:

I thought that anything 8 or over was restricted, so I count them that way. Also, some people count them as restricted since they are over 150 calories..

Good info. I don't buy the net carb thing too much. I call them my restricted.

Woke up this morning on phase one. Had my final weigh in for the next month and as of lunch I am on phase 2. I had some turkey maple "sausage" patties left over so had those and some scrambled eggs with mushrooms. Will roast remailing veggies in a bit. My coach was actually just going to put me straight to phase 3, but there is a lot to read through and I wasn't sure what to get at the store. I bought whole wheat organic flour, fat free greek yogurt, museli, and eggs. So hopefully that will get me started while I read and prepare for my week at Phase 3. Probably start in the next couple of days.

I lost 3 pounds this week. For the record I was one pound off my first goal. But as my mother tells me why is it so important to get to 175? So you can be there for a day? Exactly. Coach says will gain 2-3 pounds of sugar water pretty quick. And then it depends how I eat away that will determine from there. I lost 26 pounds in 9 weeks. Very happy with that.

Sorry for those struggling mentally with the plan. Wishing you all good luck with getting through it. You can do it. awesome.

:cp: My dryer 'shrunk' jeans are even getting to be too loose on me! Great NSV today!!! totally cool feeling!

What are these Quest bars everybody is talking about and are they available in Canada? Do they taste good? I'm quite picky when it comes to my bars and if they taste really chalky it's a definite turn off for me :( amazon sells them.

Don't wait, go for it! Yup day three is tough. But you can do it.
I have a question to ask someone. I had a grilled chicken salad tonight and it had a few slices of black olive in it...I ate them...is that a no-no? Don't even worry about it. Just remember next time. :carrot:

Tomorrow will be my 4th WI...now I'm worried because I had black olives today. Went out St. Patty's and drank water because I didn't want to blow it by having ANY type of alcohol. I feel like crying. Working so hard at this :cry:. Just learn from it and move on. You're worth it!

2.6 lb down today... which means 3.5 more and I will be in ONEDERLAND!
Wicked cool!

shoediva
03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Does anyone gain weight/bloat during TOM? I feel so bloated right now.... and I was up .6 pounds on the scale this morning. :mad:

Maybe it's just water weight? I don't know, but it made me really frustrated... and my cramps seem to be worse too. Grr. A rough day for me, but so glad I'm making this healthy lifestyle change.

GreatLakes86
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Tomorrow will be my 4th WI...now I'm worried because I had black olives today. Went out St. Patty's and drank water because I didn't want to blow it by having ANY type of alcohol. I feel like crying. Working so hard at this

Deep breath. Here is the nutrition facts for 10 olives: 36 calories, 3.24 grams of fat, 2.06 grams of carbs, .3 grams of protein.

You didn't go out and eat a chocolate cake on purpose, you ate a couple slices of olive by accident. So you got a small amount of extra fat and carbs. Very small. No harm done.

safetylady
03-21-2013, 09:43 PM

I started on a Thursday and it is working out fine so far.

Calisto
03-21-2013, 09:45 PM
2.6 lb down today... which means 3.5 more and I will be in ONEDERLAND!

safetylady
03-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Finished my 2nd week, lost 4 pounds this week, which brings my two week total lose to 12.6 pounds. Could not be happier.

Charbarot
03-21-2013, 09:52 PM
And you're doing great!!! We all take inadvertent missteps from time to time. You are handling this exactly right--identify the off plan food and don't repeat! This does not in any way negate the fact that you did AWESOME on St. Paddy's day. Go you!

Thank you benice,,,I needed that. I was getting so bummed out.

Deep breath. Here is the nutrition facts for 10 olives: 36 calories, 3.24 grams of fat, 2.06 grams of carbs, .3 grams of protein.

You didn't go out and eat a chocolate cake on purpose, you ate a couple slices of olive by accident. So you got a small amount of extra fat and carbs. Very small. No harm done.

Thank you GreatLakes....I guess I over reacted. Can't wait for my WI tomorrow

Success is Messy
03-21-2013, 10:03 PM

Good luck! I started in the middle of the week and was glad to have the worst days on the weekend. Keep posting and reading it helps to have this much support.

newday2013
03-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Does anyone gain weight/bloat during TOM? I feel so bloated right now.... and I was up .6 pounds on the scale this morning. :mad:

Maybe it's just water weight? I don't know, but it made me really frustrated... and my cramps seem to be worse too. Grr. A rough day for me, but so glad I'm making this healthy lifestyle change.

Did you say TOM? Listen, I hadn't had that visotor since July, been having hot flashes and all, then 11th day on IP and BAM!!! here it is and I was going through a pad every 20 minutes...called in sick Wednesday, and today, although I went in, it was a horrible day to get through...plus, had stupid WI and although I lost 1/2 in around my belly, scale didn't move and I'm constipated...yuck...

shoediva
03-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the encouragement IP support friends! I really appreciate all of you and LOVE this website. I think it has seriously helped me stay OP so far. Thanks everyone for all your advice, success stories and support. I feel like I have an IP family. :^:

AnnaBoBanna
03-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Made such a delicious dinner tonight! Took the skin off 4 chicken leg quarters and covered them in oregano, marjoram, garlic powder, salt, pepper. Threw in mushrooms, asparagus, red onion, scallions, fresh garlic, and grape tomatoes. Little more of the spices, juice of a lemon,a little white cooking wine, and some chicken broth. Omg so good!!

ladylunk
03-21-2013, 10:42 PM

I think pretty much everyone gains during tom. We all dread around weigh in day. If you have been following plan then you really have not gained fat right? How could you. It's just water don't even worry. I have started daily weighing recently and you have to have no stress approach. One day I varied five pounds from two weighs at different times. It never stays the same throughout the day. So make sureyou can handle seeing that. Don't get fruustrated.

shoediva
03-21-2013, 10:56 PM
This may be another one of my silly questions.... but is there a full key somewhere of all the abbreviations? I love the one that is at the beginning of this thread; I just see many more and guess what they mean. I suppose I could "google" it, but I figured there was probably something already on here that I haven't been able to find yet. Thanks, Sam

hebertwhite9
03-22-2013, 12:18 AM
I made it through the fourth day, albeit with a splitting headache this evening. Laundry--uck! finally done... I feel like I can claim a NSV for the first time though and thought I would share. I cooked a rather large meal for the arrival of my in-laws, creamy chicken enchiladas, that were definitely an IP no-no. I managed without feeling deprived at all. I ate the chicken filling that I separated prior to adding cream and a cauliflower-celery puree that I hopped up to the Mexican flair with jalapenos. So congrats to me...And thank you everyone for your continued support, ideas, and comfort..

JenRem
03-22-2013, 12:40 AM

Yes, TOM has a tendency to do whatever the heck it wants to!
A very important point to remember......... if you are eating OP, then any increase on the scale is just water weight. In order to increase 1 lb of fat, we have to consume 3,500 calories. There is now way you consumed an extra 2,100 calories (0.6 lb weight gain) if you've been 100% OP. So, the 0.6 increase in the scale can't be fat - therefore, it's only water. Our bodies can hold onto water during TOM and also our muscles will if we just did hard chores like shoveling snow (anything strenuous and out of the ordinary for us). If you are a daily weigher, take the scale in stride. It is normal to have small increases and then sometimes a swoosh (larger loss) down the road. For some people daily weighing becomes too emotional and they will choose to not weigh daily, but only weigh once a week at their official WI's. Hope this helps and makes sense. :hug: Jen

Delgen
03-22-2013, 01:37 AM
I learned to knit. It keeps your hands busy, and you can listen to audio books while knitting and drinking tea!
I love to knit, and I teach classes at our local yarn store- the knitting community is usually very fun!