40-Somethings - Diet Plan

View Full Version : Diet Plan

dms6k
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Can someone explain how The Simple Diet Plan works? All I have read is it's 3 shakes (are these protein shakes/meal replacement shakes?) with a piece of fruit, 2 frozen entrees (not over 300 calories), 5 veggies plus water and exercise.

Is this it??

Jez
03-19-2013, 02:29 PM
I go to New Posts, so I see all categories, but I'm not sure how others look at posts. You may have better luck posting in: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/
and opening it up to people who aren't just in their 40s.

I'd help out if i could, but I just briefly googled, and haven't heard of it.

ETA: From scanning the website, it does look that way. It's a 3 phase program. The first phase being the 3 shakes, 2 entrees, and 5 fruits/veg.
The shakes info says: "Shakes are prepared nutrition shakes in liquid form or powders ready to mix in the non-caloric fluid of your choice. We recommend over 100 choices from GNC, Slim-Fast, Slim-Rite and Special K. Many additional choices are available at convenience stores, pharmacies and grocery stores, often for less than $1 each." So, they seem like generic meal replacement shakes, not necessarily protein shakes (although I'd go in that direction).
It looks like it's essentially a calorie counting program where you don't have to count the calories, because your options are narrowed down for you.
I'm assuming it's about 500 cals in shakes, 600 in frozen entrees, and, at most, 200 in veg/fruit. There are probably limitations on starchy ones, like bananas. So, you could do that, or just eat whatever you want, keeping it in your decided calorie range (which, it seems this one is probably 1200-1400.)