Ideal Protein Diet - Men on IP Vol 5

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Men on IP Vol 5

jwdesselle
03-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Hey guys. Thought I would bring in the new thread.

jwdesselle
03-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi Guys!!! I made it back from my cruise!

Well, as expected staying OP on a 9 day cruise is pretty much an impossibility! Even though I ate a fraction of what I would normally have done

Although it was only 9 days I really missed the whole "ritual" of my IP diet. I missed the constant updating of "myfitnesspal.com" and my daily checking of 3FC and seeing how all you guys are making out! One thing that I found was although I had instant access to every yummy thing out there, I certainly didn't crave any of it and I actually felt rather nauseous if I ate more than a little bit.

Glad you made it back.

Here in Phase IV I hard a hard time eating the proper way, so I usually do what you did on the cruise, I just eat a portion of what I used to eat. I do my best to stay away from foods I know that go straight to my belly and this seems to keep things in check pretty much.

I can understand, and totally relate, to you saying how you missed the 'ritual' of Phase I. This program really rocks and is so simple. I was really surprised at how dependent I became to Phase I. To quote Prince: "Things are much harder in the afterworld" LOL Cutting those strings of Phase I and being accountable to yourself, not a coach as much, is something I have to work on most of the time.

GoBears60
03-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Purchase several XL winter shirts from the 75% off (and the wife had an additional 30% off coupon) from Carson Pirie Scott on Saturday. Big deal who cares you say? This is where this gets interesting. I work out on Tuesday and Thursday (Shhh it’s our secret, don’t tell my coach). There are 3 of us that chip in for a personal trainer:barbell:. If one of us drops out he won’t do it. So it’s like I get 8 sessions for the price of 1, but I digress. Back to the story IPMWPSU(IP members who Pee standing up).

So after Sgt Torture gets done with us:stress:, I take a shower here at work. Well guess what? The new shirt I took today was a Large not an Extra Large. It is a smidge tight, but not skin tight. I can’t believe it! It’s the little things in life…:D:dancer:

kitcamper
03-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks, JW for the new thread, we are just pumping alone here. :broc:

I got home yesterday and thought I would, just for the heck of it try on some of the sweat shirts I had stacked up. Yippie, I was able to fit the XL, with plenty of room. So, this morning I get bold and try on the next size down pants, they fit too.
I am just a dancing fool today, humming all morning "don't worry be happy".
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

usmcvet
03-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Hey everyone. Day two of my re start. Feeling good. Made my wife my last IP Herb and Cheese omelette with mushrooms. I made one for myself with egg whites. I hope you all have a great day.

OH by the way am I the only one that thinks JW looks like a leprechaun? =)

kitcamper
03-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Welcome back on the wagon...hehehe USMC
JW from my height, looks just fine.

usmcvet
03-19-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm still jealous, yesterday or the day before, I can't remember, it was 1 degree here at home and JW shared that it was 71 in New Orleans. I love shorts and sandals weather! Well tomorrow is the first day of spring and we are in the middle of a snow storm here in VT. The kids are happy today school was canceled!

jwdesselle
03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
OH by the way am I the only one that thinks JW looks like a leprechaun? =)

HA, I guess that is a good thing since I was at a St. Patrick's Day parade. ;) Now where did that pot of gold go......?

jwdesselle
03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm still jealous, yesterday or the day before, I can't remember, it was 1 degree here at home and JW shared that it was 71 in New Orleans. I love shorts and sandals weather! Well tomorrow is the first day of spring and we are in the middle of a snow storm here in VT. The kids are happy today school was canceled!

I guess I should not have bragged like that. The temp dropped here today, all the way down to 69 degrees. :devil:

usmcvet
03-19-2013, 03:56 PM
A very handsome leprechaun at that. I can't wait to bust out the Birkenstocks!

My focus needs more focus!

I had a a few NSV's the last two days and wanted to share them with you.

First my wife told me Sunday she wanted to do IP with me for a month! Very cool. We placed an order for alternatives with nashuanutrition.com and it arrived today!

The local mail man is someone I've known for about eighteen years and he has been a big supporter of mine on my WL journey. He complemented me today and told me his little girl, now 26 or 27, joined IP 6 weeks ago and is having success. I know my clinic has some before and after photos of me in their presentation and it makes me feel good to be "helping" motivate someone to try IP.

A non WL NSV happened yesterday. I saw a woman I helped about 2 1/2 years ago. She was the victim of a bad domestic assault. I saw her 2 1/2 year old son in the parking lot outside the PD and commented that I'd not seen him since he was a new born. I asked if I could come over to say hi. She said yes. As I walked towards them he ran full blast towards me. I bent down and he jumped into my arms. I scooped him up and he gave me an awesome hug. Mom, Grandma and I were all pretty surprised. The little guy did not know me. I thanked him for the hug and told him he made my day as he went back to him Mother.

Have a great day. Stay OP.

jwdesselle
03-19-2013, 04:10 PM
A very handsome leprechaun at that. I can't wait to bust out the Birkenstocks!

My focus needs more focus!

I had a a few NSV's the last two days and wanted to share them with you.

First my wife told me Sunday she wanted to do IP with me for a month! Very cool. We placed an order for alternatives with nashuanutrition.com and it arrived today!

The local mail man is someone I've known for about eighteen years and he has been a big supporter of mine on my WL journey. He complemented me today and told me his little girl, now 26 or 27, joined IP 6 weeks ago and is having success. I know my clinic has some before and after photos of me in their presentation and it makes me feel good to be "helping" motivate someone to try IP.

A non WL NSV happened yesterday. I saw a woman I helped about 2 1/2 years ago. She was the victim of a bad domestic assault. I saw her 2 1/2 year old son in the parking lot outside the PD and commented that I'd not seen him since he was a new born. I asked if I could come over to say hi. She said yes. As I walked towards them he ran full blast towards me. I bent down and he jumped into my arms. I scooped him up and he gave me an awesome hug. Mom, Grandma and I were all pretty surprised. The little guy did not know me. I thanked him for the hug and told him he made my day as he went back to him Mother.

Have a great day. Stay OP.

What can I say,I try. :D

Awesome, that's a pretty good response to all of your other comments. I love little kids and hugs from them, especially when unexpected, are the best thing in the world. Next to a good ol' lick from the puppy. ;)

M35A2
03-19-2013, 04:28 PM
HA, I guess that is a good thing since I was at a St. Patrick's Day parade. ;) Now where did that pot of gold go......?

You already got your pot of gold. You're in Phase 4!

I guess I should not have bragged like that. The temp dropped here today, all the way down to 69 degrees. :devil:

Same here. It was 94 yesterday and dropped down today to about 89. Maybe Spring will come tomorrow and we can get some cooler temps.

jwdesselle
03-19-2013, 04:36 PM
You already got your pot of gold. You're in Phase 4!

As my best buddy says..."You ain't NEVER lied!", meaning, you are right. :halffull:

A1Texan
03-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Bump forward for the guys

GoBears60
03-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Bump forward for the guys

Do you have plans to stay in Onederland?

A1Texan
03-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Do you have plans to stay in Onederland?
Yes. I'm averaging about 2 pounds a week and I set my goal of 165 with a ceiling of 175 after starting maintenance. I want all alarms to go off and never reach 180 again. :D

Buzzard777
03-20-2013, 12:15 PM
I am new to this. Can I join on your thread? I have been reading your posts and it has inspired me to see other men discussing and encouraging.

usmcvet
03-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey just checking in. I am doing well, feeling a little hungry but a little hungry is good. Nice to have you all here for support.

Keep up the hard work!

M35A2
03-20-2013, 02:13 PM
I am new to this. Can I join on your thread? I have been reading your posts and it has inspired me to see other men discussing and encouraging.

All are welcome here. Looks like you're off to a great start!

GoBears60
03-20-2013, 03:52 PM
All are welcome here. Looks like you're off to a great start!

Yea buzzard....Sometimes even female units stop in here.;) So far no one has been chased away. Though if a female unit did stop buy and started talking about TOM, I might be the first one to tell her to go else ware. Some one called female units “Hens a cracklings” but the female unit that called out this, didn’t seemed offended.

A1Texan
03-20-2013, 05:15 PM
I think I may have to go down another pant size. I'm able to pull these up under my arm pits...LOL I'll hit a Goodwill on my way home today :)

leadedge
03-20-2013, 05:21 PM

Welcome!!! This is a great thread. With all the ladies on the diet it is nice to get some input from the boys.

leadedge
03-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Well, the verdict is in...

9 days on a cruise ship with unlimited food (and booze for that matter) and I ended up weighing in at the exact same as I left, 251lbs! I actually really didn't eat that much.

I'm really happy about that! I think the day and a half of food poisoning (day 6/7) also saved me! ;) There was stuff coming out of every orifice that day and a half!!

My coaches say I'll need 3 days to get back into ketosis. Already, I'm feeling much better as I'm back into my P1 "routine".

kitcamper
03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Welcome, Buzzard, Glad you found Vol. 5, I know when I started and they changed from 3 to 4, I got lost.....

Success is Messy
03-20-2013, 07:33 PM

Welcome Buzzard. Jump on in we only ask that you don't pee in the pool.

billbrown72
03-20-2013, 09:13 PM
just checking in...its been a long week with watching my grandfather pass away sunday, and today is the two year anniversary of my brothers death...kinda a messed up week, but even seeing the tons of southern foods coming into my grandmothers house I have not cheated...I haven't drank nearly enough water nor eaten nearly enough veggies but have not cheated..
wi at 7:45 am...my scale shows 5 pounds but do not trust it 100%...wish me luck and after funeral friday will get back on 100% saturday

Success is Messy
03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
just checking in...its been a long week with watching my grandfather pass away sunday, and today is the two year anniversary of my brothers death...kinda a messed up week, but even seeing the tons of southern foods coming into my grandmothers house I have not cheated...I haven't drank nearly enough water nor eaten nearly enough veggies but have not cheated..
wi at 7:45 am...my scale shows 5 pounds but do not trust it 100%...wish me luck and after funeral friday will get back on 100% saturday

Bill,
Way to stay strong. I know we southerners batter and fry our sorrows. Keep op as much as possible, you will feel better come the first of the week.

Success is Messy
03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
One of life's little surprises, forgetting you had asparagus then going to the bathroom. Always scares me...

WI today was only down 2.5lbs. Coach showed me a screw up with eating Thia food I thought was safe. Sometimes feels like the whole freakin world in filled with hidden sugar. Onward and upward.

leadedge
03-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Adult softball sign-up today for the new season!!! Cannot wait! No more "too tight" team t-shirts and painfully slow trips down the first base line. I want to be at goal weight by my first game of the year, May 12th. That means 31lbs in about 7wks. I think I can do it!

I'm sure the other teams will be wondering who the "new guy is"!:)

usmcvet
03-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Adult softball sign-up today for the new season!!! Cannot wait! No more "too tight" team t-shirts and painfully slow trips down the first base line. I want to be at goal weight by my first game of the year, May 12th. That means 31lbs in about 7wks. I think I can do it!

I'm sure the other teams will be wondering who the "new guy is"!:)

Excellent goal! You will make it.

leadedge
03-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Hey M35! I see your sittin' on the Onederland fence!! Nice job!!:carrot:

A1Texan
03-21-2013, 10:18 AM
One of life's little surprises, forgetting you had asparagus then going to the bathroom. Always scares me...

WI today was only down 2.5lbs. Coach showed me a screw up with eating Thia food I thought was safe. Sometimes feels like the whole freakin world in filled with hidden sugar. Onward and upward.
"Only" is a four letter word around here. Any loss is a success :D

M35A2
03-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Hey M35! I see your sittin' on the Onederland fence!! Nice job!!:carrot:

Thanks. I'm hoping to reach it at WI tomorrow.

Might have to change my user ID to M151. Picked up a new toy yesterday.

GoBears60
03-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Listening to sports talk radio yesterday on the way home. The broadcaster said that March 6th is the unwritten traditional time golf seasons opens up in Chicago. Judging from the long range forecast April 6th is in doubt. 16 degrees out when I left the house this morning. This winter is getting very old. Talk of baseball and outside activities (On this thread) appear only to be a dream. Of course I appear to be more susceptible to cold now that 40 pounds of insulating fat is gone. I rather be cold then fat.

Coach had to leave to Denver because of some event called the “Birth of my first grandchild”. It left the wife and I in sort of a panic. WHAT DO WE DO!? When cooler heads prevailed, it was a no-brainer. Just keep on doing the program and pick up IP food at their office. The surprise was the panic. We have chosen to go the pure IP program and not use the alternatives. What is that saying “If it works don’t touch it” and this is working beyond my wildest expectations!

Now we can sell those zillions of diet books at a garage sale if Spring ever shows up! How can a fat person ever sale a diet book at a garage sale? I found out when selling them in the past that the potential customer would pick up the book, look at me, say to himself, “Obviously this doesn’t work” and put it down.

billbrown72
03-21-2013, 04:11 PM
WI today was 3.8 pounds...not as good as first 2 weeks but brings me down to 22.5 total in 3 weeks...

leadedge
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks. I'm hoping to reach it at WI tomorrow.

Might have to change my user ID to M151. Picked up a new toy yesterday.

Sweet!!! That is a lot easier to get a plastic model for! Is that considered an A1 or A2?

leadedge
03-21-2013, 04:43 PM
... WHAT DO WE DO!? When cooler heads prevailed, it was a no-brainer. Just keep on doing the program and pick up IP food at their office. The surprise was the panic. We have chosen to go the pure IP program and not use the alternatives. What is that saying “If it works don’t touch it” and this is working beyond my wildest expectations!

Now we can sell those zillions of diet books at a garage sale if Spring ever shows up! How can a fat person ever sale a diet book at a garage sale? I found out when selling them in the past that the potential customer would pick up the book, look at me, say to himself, “Obviously this doesn’t work” and put it down.

Y'know I've been feeling a bit guilty recently because after 6 weeks of IP I've learned quite a bit and I've veered into the "alternatives". I feel bad because my clinic doesn't charge me for the WI but I suppose they expect us to buy food there. Not that I haven't dropped a wad of cash already but I kinda like my Presidents Choice or ISO protein powder and my Doctor's CarbRite and Atkins bars.

Anyone else feeling at odds about this?

leadedge
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
WI today was 3.8 pounds...not as good as first 2 weeks but brings me down to 22.5 total in 3 weeks...

Dude, 22.5 in three weeks is rockin' it! You should be really happy.

M35A2
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Sweet!!! That is a lot easier to get a plastic model for! Is that considered an A1 or A2?

A1 due to the flat front fenders. The A2 had the turn signals molded into the edge of the fender.

billbrown72
03-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Dude, 22.5 in three weeks is rockin' it! You should be really happy.

i am very happy just been a hard bad week....

kitcamper
03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
BillB,
Sorry for your loss.
After your last week, you are doing great, I would have ran and buried myself in a case of potato chips. After your first couple of weeks it will slow down a bit. And sometimes you will lose more inches then pounds, during a week. That is when doing the measuring as well as the scale helps.
Hang in there you are doing great.

leadedge
03-22-2013, 12:21 PM
I've been rockin' it since I got back from the Vaca!

I don't know if it is because my body is so happy to be eating healthy again or what but I had a "naked WI" of 241 this morning. Last time I saw 241 on a scale I was enjoying being 21yrs old!

M35A2
03-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Friday Week 8 WI: down 3.5! WOOT! Officially in Onederland! And at the 50% of goal point!

GoBears60
03-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Friday Week 8 WI: down 3.5! WOOT! Officially in Onderland! And at the 50% of goal point!

Congrats, I think there are 3 of us that looking to be under 250 soon! Onderland, even my coach doesn't think I can get there, SHE was the one that raised my goal from 220 to 230. The wife is still 8 pounds away from Onderland. She is psyced!

Again, Congrats! Onderland.

M35A2
03-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Congrats, I think there are 3 of us that looking to be under 250 soon! Onderland, even my coach doesn't think I can get there, SHE was the one that raised my goal from 220 to 230. The wife is still 8 pounds away from Onderland. She is psyced!

Thanks! I fixed my spelling error from Onderland to Onederland. So much for that English degree.

The "fresh out of the shower BAN (buck azz nekid)" weight was 191.5. I'll be in the 180s on my scale by next Friday!

My coach didn't really ask me about a goal I just set one that was something I hadn't seen since 3rd grade. It could be that I get there and decide it's still too high or try and replace some of the weight with more muscle. The point being that I think our goals and comfort level should be ours and not theirs. Sure they can make suggestions but I'm the one that has to feel comfortable in my own skin. Now if I start getting to the point that I'm obsessing over staying on Phase 1 for a couple more years then there needs to be an intervention.

Since I reached the 50% mark my coach wanted to know if I would like to Phase off for a month or so in case I was getting bored with the diet. I told her He77 NO! The last 2 months was a piece of roasted cauliflower and if the next 2 months are the same then I'm sticking to Phase 1 until the end. I'm more worried about getting through Phase 2 and 3 than I am about surviving Phase 1.

leadedge
03-22-2013, 06:58 PM

Ya, you're right about 250. You, Billie and I. Maybe we can all crash through next week!!:carrot:

wuv2bloved
03-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Hey y'all, had a minute to check in and see lots of new faces around here! Its great to see that USMC is back in the saddle along with his wife!....y'all seem to be doing really well and getting all of these pounds off...Congrats!...There isn't enough hours in a day for me to do everything I need to do working 2 jobs, its crazy and now that spring is here I want to be OUTSIDE!!.....one day maybe I'll have a day off to do NOTHING...haha....not anytime soon though I am sure....y'all keep up the great work and I'll check in again soon....hugs!

usmcvet
03-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Hey y'all, had a minute to check in and see lots of new faces around here! Its great to see that USMC is back in the saddle along with his wife!....y'all seem to be doing really well and getting all of these pounds off...Congrats!...There isn't enough hours in a day for me to do everything I need to do working 2 jobs, its crazy and now that spring is here I want to be OUTSIDE!!.....one day maybe I'll have a day off to do NOTHING...haha....not anytime soon though I am sure....y'all keep up the great work and I'll check in again soon....hugs!

Looking gorgeous!

billbrown72
03-22-2013, 09:55 PM
well i cheated today...it was just to hard with the funeral and everything else...will be back 100% op tomorrow.....
sorry

usmcvet
03-22-2013, 10:02 PM
well i cheated today...it was just to hard with the funeral and everything else...will be back 100% op tomorrow.....
sorry

Hey man **** happens. You'll be okay.

usmcvet
03-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Wow the s word was automatically censored!

usmcvet
03-23-2013, 08:36 AM
That's not even my favorite cuss word!

Success is Messy
03-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I've been rockin' it since I got back from the Vaca!

I don't know if it is because my body is so happy to be eating healthy again or what but I had a "naked WI" of 241 this morning. Last time I saw 241 on a scale I was enjoying being 21yrs old!

Ohh if we could still be 21.
Congrats on being able to pick right back up.

leadedge
03-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Ohh if we could still be 21.
Congrats on being able to pick right back up.

Thanks! It might be the only thing I can get back from 21. Unless, I start colouring my hair!

usmcvet
03-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks! It might be the only thing I can get back from 21. Unless, I start colouring my hair!

Heck at least you have hair to color! :D

kitcamper
03-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Morning all, hang in there Bill, do not beat yourself up just move on. Beating your self can do nothing, but lead to destruction.
Official WI today made it past the 250 mark, :dancer: seems like the 250's lasted forever.
WI was 248.8:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
So, I am moving down.
Next weekend is trip to Eastern Washington for the Annual Family Easter Gathering. Should really go well, since everyone is on board with me losing weight, and cheering me on. So, they will be watching very close...

leadedge
03-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Morning all, hang in there Bill, do not beat yourself up just move on. Beating your self can do nothing, but lead to destruction.
Official WI today made it past the 250 mark, :dancer: seems like the 250's lasted forever.
WI was 248.8:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
So, I am moving down.
Next weekend is trip to Eastern Washington for the Annual Family Easter Gathering. Should really go well, since everyone is on board with me losing weight, and cheering me on. So, they will be watching very close...

Way to go, Billie! I'll be joining you in "twofiftyderland" on Monday!:)

mpstaton
03-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi guys - I don't post very often, but I'm also on the verge of breaking through the 250 barrier. Two more weeks should do it.

leadedge
03-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi guys - I don't post very often, but I'm also on the verge of breaking through the 250 barrier. Two more weeks should do it.

Welcome to the club! Those are some excellent #s you have! I'm really hoping for 40lbs gone tomorrow at Official WI Time. Naked scale has me still at 241 so I should be mid-240s on the "clunker scale" at the clinic!

Chaz7887
03-24-2013, 07:20 PM
It has been a while since I last posted. It is nice to see everyone being successful. Had my 3rd WI last thursday and was down another 6. Total loss now stands at 21.5 pounds in 3 weeks. I find it more and more difficult to stay the course, until I have my morning weigh in on my scale and it says 261. Haven't been in the 250s in 7+ years. Total inches lost is 10. Had to throw out a pair of jeans! But, I am ready for this to be over.

kitcamper
03-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Afternoon, I did a little closet shopping today. My wardrobe is really getting larger, but the shirts and pants are getting smaller. Yeah.
As per the regular course the naked scale was down a pound and a half. Today, seem to lose best after weigh in.
Will not have a weigh in this coming weekend, headed out of town for a long weekend with family. Taking off Friday, and Monday, may take Tuesday off too.
My brother, Dad and I are taking an 8 hour kayaking trip on Monday, may have to take Tuesday off to come home, it is a 3.5 hour drive home from the folks.
You all have a good week, hang in there, and best of luck on a losing week.

M35A2
03-24-2013, 09:00 PM
It has been a while since I last posted. It is nice to see everyone being successful. Had my 3rd WI last thursday and was down another 6. Total loss now stands at 21.5 pounds in 3 weeks. I find it more and more difficult to stay the course, until I have my morning weigh in on my scale and it says 261. Haven't been in the 250s in 7+ years. Total inches lost is 10. Had to throw out a pair of jeans! But, I am ready for this to be over.

Sorry you're having a tough time with this but you have to admit that 21.5lbs in 3 weeks is pretty amazing. It took me nearly 7 weeks to lose that much.

I've probably been on 1 diet a year since I was 8 (that was 1972 for those keeping count). This is by far the easiest diet I have ever been on and the only 1 that 2 months in I haven't cheated on. That's not to say I want to do it forever but I sure as heck want to do it as long as it takes to get to goal. By my scale I'm down to 191 - haven't seen that in 10+ years. My goal weight I haven't seen since 3rd grade (1973 and a few inches shorter back then). When I make goal (and I will) I'll be the thinnest of my entire life. That, to me, is worth a little hardship and doing without for a couple of months. I'm 2 months in and know that 2 months from now I still won't be there but I'll be a whole lot closer than I was 2 months ago or even today. This is one of those races that doesn't go to the quickest but to the one willing to keep slogging along.

Good luck and stay strong!

Buzzard777
03-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Hi everyone. It took me a week to find the thread back. Thank you for the encouraging welcomes. Now I am also ready for the baseball season and watching my 3 boys play and then when we get a chance take in a Brewer game. I still have 3 feet of snow in the yard. I have been on ip for 4.5 weeks and am thinking of starting to exercise. I have been told not to exercise too much but what is too much? What are you guys doing for activities?

Chaz7887
03-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Thanks m35. I have not cheated yet. Not saying the temptation isn't there. Wife made cinnamon rolls this morning. Could have eaten the whole plate. The only down side, I have been extremely lethargic. Sleeping in until 830-930 on my days off. Have not done that in YEARS! Plus, I was a cup and a half coffee drinker before I started. Haven't had any for 2 weeks now. Maybe have something to do with my exhaustion?

M35A2
03-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Plus, I was a cup and a half coffee drinker before I started. Haven't had any for 2 weeks now. Maybe have something to do with my exhaustion?

Coffee is fine unless you're the sugar/cream kind of drinker. Only caveat is make sure to drink extra water to make up for the caffiene. I got mine through Diet Coke and haven't had any since 1/25/13. I'm now a black tea drinker but still not getting a full dose.

leadedge
03-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Hi everyone. It took me a week to find the thread back. Thank you for the encouraging welcomes. Now I am also ready for the baseball season and watching my 3 boys play and then when we get a chance take in a Brewer game. I still have 3 feet of snow in the yard. I have been on ip for 4.5 weeks and am thinking of starting to exercise. I have been told not to exercise too much but what is too much? What are you guys doing for activities?

Hey Buzz! Go under "Thread Tools" (right side) and subscribe to our "Manly"
thread. That way you won't lose us again!

I can't wait for baseball to start either. My 8 year old and I started "spring training" (catch in the backyard) this weekend even though there is still a bit of snow. On this diet I have done very little exercising. I was trying to do about 15 minutes on the treadmill and a bit of lifting but that has petered off somewhat. I did stay pretty active, skating with my son's hockey team, but the season ended today. I will be keeping it pretty light until I reach my goal weight. I want to lose my weight quick, go a little under goal and then hit the gym hard. Plus my other activities like golf and softball should be going just when I get to my goal (fingers crossed)!

leadedge
03-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Thanks m35. I have not cheated yet. Not saying the temptation isn't there. Wife made cinnamon rolls this morning. Could have eaten the whole plate. The only down side, I have been extremely lethargic. Sleeping in until 830-930 on my days off. Have not done that in YEARS! Plus, I was a cup and a half coffee drinker before I started. Haven't had any for 2 weeks now. Maybe have something to do with my exhaustion?

Yeesh, Chaz...your wife making a plate of cinnamon rolls when you are struggling on a diet is a bit like torture! I do know the feeling though. My wife (and kids) are definitely not on this diet so I am surrounded by great smells all the time too!

My feeling is I spent 45yrs eating anything (and everything) I wanted to. On Jan 21st I simply had enough. It was a great run of stuffing myself but it is over!!! I was sick of being the fun fat guy! BigT, Big Guy, Big Man...that BS is over. Stick with it, tomorrow I hope to be close to 40lbs down. My closet is bare, I've sent all my "fat clothes" to the Salvation Army. I was wondering if I'd be around to dance at my daughter's wedding (she's 10)...now I may just jog to the service!;)

Don't give up Dude! IP is just a start, just something to get you to your goal then the real work starts. If you like cinnamon buns go out and buy Doctor's CarbRite Cinnamon Bun Protein Bars. One of my favourite...one of those will get you through the tough times alright!!!

Success is Messy
03-25-2013, 08:30 AM
I was sick of being the fun fat guy! BigT, Big Guy, Big Man...that BS is over.

I like the nickname "lower case t"

jwdesselle
03-25-2013, 10:01 AM

Hi there Buzz. The exercising limit....that's really up to you. Listen to your body. Eat an extra packet before exercising and have one on standby for after, if you feel weak. I know that a couple of times last summer I felt really weak after just working in the yard, mowing/edging/weed eating.

Anyway, just listen to your body. The extra packet before exercising should get you through. I wouldn't try to break any records, but light cardio/weights should be ok.

Buzzard777
03-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Hey Buzz! Go under "Thread Tools" (right side) and subscribe to our "Manly"
thread. That way you won't lose us again!

I can't wait for baseball to start either. My 8 year old and I started "spring training" (catch in the backyard) this weekend even though there is still a bit of snow. On this diet I have done very little exercising. I was trying to do about 15 minutes on the treadmill and a bit of lifting but that has petered off somewhat. I did stay pretty active, skating with my son's hockey team, but the season ended today. I will be keeping it pretty light until I reach my goal weight. I want to lose my weight quick, go a little under goal and then hit the gym hard. Plus my other activities like golf and softball should be going just when I get to my goal (fingers crossed)!

I have just started feeling good enough to even think of doing anything active. I work from home and sit all day on the phone and all my summers have consisted of sitting in a lawn chair watching my boys games eating jumbo hotdogs and drinking diet coke. I think I actually thought the diet coke was eating the calories from all I was eating:) Is your profile picture a 68 beetle? My dad has a 68 convertable sitting in his garage and I have been wanting to get it fixed up. I used to play alot of catch with my boys but I started losing my sight and they turned into teenagers and now it is hard to see an 85mph fastball or curveball coming. Enjoy the ages of your son each stage is so much fun. How did you determine your goal weight? Mine is 190 because that is what I weighed in 6th grade and in 7th grade I started getting called fatty by the older kids when I weighed 200.

Buzzard777
03-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi there Buzz. The exercising limit....that's really up to you. Listen to your body. Eat an extra packet before exercising and have one on standby for after, if you feel weak. I know that a couple of times last summer I felt really weak after just working in the yard, mowing/edging/weed eating.

Anyway, just listen to your body. The extra packet before exercising should get you through. I wouldn't try to break any records, but light cardio/weights should be ok.

Will an extra packet slow the weightloss?

M35A2
03-25-2013, 11:43 AM

There's a lot of variables in that question. How many are you using now? How much excercise do you plan on doing? Are you using Restricteds?

Another non-restricted packet is only going to add 80-150 calories to your total amount. That's not likely to slow things down too much.

Some clinics have people on 4-5 packets to begin with but the standard daily amount is 3 packets then your meat and veggies. My coach suggested I add an additional packet per day because the (highly inaccurate) meter said I was losing too much lean mass. I'm going to do it for a week and see if there is any difference and if not go back to 3/day.

GoBears60
03-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Sorry you're having a tough time with this but you have to admit that 21.5lbs in 3 weeks is pretty amazing. It took me nearly 7 weeks to lose that much.

I've probably been on 1 diet a year since I was 8 (that was 1972 for those keeping count).

Good luck and stay strong!

Here is my list off the top of my head. I am sure I missed alot. With the exception of low-fat/sugar, I did have some success on each of them. One slip and usually I would be off and gain the weight back and some more.

Atkins (several times)
Carbohydrate Addicts Diet (several times)
Low GI diet
Weigh down workshop
Big Breakfast Diet
Seattle Sutton
Grape Fruit Diet with massive amounts of exercise. (Got to the promise land)
Juice Fasting
Low Fat diet
Weight Watchers. (several times)
Lemonade Diet (several times)
Paleolithic diet (Paleo diet)

M35A2
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Here is my list off the top of my head. I am sure I missed alot. With the exception of low-fat/sugar, I did have some success on each of them. One slip and usually I would be off and gain the weight back and some more.

The most effective one I was on was the Army Infantry Basic/AIT Diet. I went from 210 to 175 in 16 weeks and gained a load of muscle. The only problem was once I was out of basic it took less than 16 weeks to get back to 210 (1st semester of college so a fair amount of pizza and beer). I'm thinking IP will end up being the best (and hopefully last) one.

tbone39
03-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Had my weigh in a few days ago for Week 3. I am down 18 lbs. This is by far the best diet.

A1Texan
03-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Had my weigh in a few days ago for Week 3. I am down 18 lbs. This is by far the best diet.
Great work tbone. That's averaging 6 lbs a week. I wished mine would fall like that :)

It really works and once you get used to a routine it will become second nature. :)

leadedge
03-25-2013, 01:45 PM
I have just started feeling good enough to even think of doing anything active. I work from home and sit all day on the phone and all my summers have consisted of sitting in a lawn chair watching my boys games eating jumbo hotdogs and drinking diet coke. I think I actually thought the diet coke was eating the calories from all I was eating:) Is your profile picture a 68 beetle? My dad has a 68 convertable sitting in his garage and I have been wanting to get it fixed up. I used to play alot of catch with my boys but I started losing my sight and they turned into teenagers and now it is hard to see an 85mph fastball or curveball coming. Enjoy the ages of your son each stage is so much fun. How did you determine your goal weight? Mine is 190 because that is what I weighed in 6th grade and in 7th grade I started getting called fatty by the older kids when I weighed 200.

Hey Buzz! My 8 year old can zip it pretty good but if we let fly with an 85mph fastball my wife would be wheeling me into the hospital!

Goal weight, I have learned is a real personal thing. I just know that between 210-220 I look in great shape. I played football at 192 (too skinny) but those were the "eat 3 Big Macs and not gain an ounce days". I am pretty tall and broad so even at 246 I'm getting there. 210-220 is my dream and I'm enjoying this so much it works as a good goal for me! I like your reasoning on 190. It would be fun when you get there to look up some of those kids who used to call you "fatty". I would expect the tables would be turned!

The girl in my pic is "Scarlett". She is a 1963 bug. She had a facelift last year (new paint). I had a '68 called "Lucille" who was nice but not nearly as pretty as Scarlett. I've also had a '72 Super Beetle that was a complete junker. Scarlett is a beautiful girl. She never talks back (except the odd backfire) and always starts first time. She is my third child! :)

leadedge
03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Good WI today...I lost 5lbs. I was happy with a good rebound from the vacation.

I wanted that 40lbs gone mark but hey, 39 ain't bad.

Feels great to be joining Kit in "twofiftyderland"! C'mon GoBears and MP we need you guys here too!!!!

leadedge
03-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Is your profile picture a 68 beetle? My dad has a 68 convertable sitting in his garage and I have been wanting to get it fixed up.

My friend Dave, who works on my bug with me, is restoring his '68 convertible right now! Those mid-early 'verts are very, very nice. Depends how much work they are but they are usually worth it to fix. If your channels are good, I'd go for it. If you have to take the body off the "frame" do your research because they need to be well supported or the body will fold up like an accordion!!:)

GoBears60
03-25-2013, 02:34 PM
I have continued with exercise since day 1. The reason was not because I am holier then thou, but because of the good deal we have with a personal trainer here at my job. He will exercise the **** out of three of us, twice a week for only 60 bucks a month. But only if there is three of us. I tried in vain to get someone to take my place during IP, but Sgt Torture has a reputation that wimps need not apply. This is not cardio. I sometimes have an extra packet after the exercise. At 6:00 am eating is the furthest thing from my mind before the torture session begins. I have not been giving it my all, but just try to get through it. I did try one cardio class that is held on Wednesday. I was ready to pass out within 10 minutes, so until I get further along in the phase’s intense cardio is out. When I over do it, I get grumpy, hungry and lethargic. Usually having more salt, more water and a extra packet will cure all that. My coach (who is a former personal trainer) is always worried about my muscle mass, and water intake. Of course I am always worried about the lack of poop.

Buzzard777
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
There's a lot of variables in that question. How many are you using now? How much excercise do you plan on doing? Are you using Restricteds?

Another non-restricted packet is only going to add 80-150 calories to your total amount. That's not likely to slow things down too much.

Some clinics have people on 4-5 packets to begin with but the standard daily amount is 3 packets then your meat and veggies. My coach suggested I add an additional packet per day because the (highly inaccurate) meter said I was losing too much lean mass. I'm going to do it for a week and see if there is any difference and if not go back to 3/day.

Currently I am taking 3 packets per day and eating 1 restricted per week. As far as exercise I would like to ride bike or walk an hour at a 4.5 walking pace. I think I will add a packet when the snow leaves and see how it goes. I currently walk for 15 minutes at lunch time but I dont think it is helping.

jwdesselle
03-25-2013, 03:47 PM

Too many variables, like M35A2 said. Depends on your size, height/weight, and activity level. I'm really short at 5'4" and have a computer job, little activity, and was told to only have 3 packets. My partner is bigger at 6'0" and our coach told him to have 4 packets/day just due to his size.

So, like I said earlier, depending on how much activity/working out you plan to do, listen to your body. Good luck, sorry I don't really have any concrete answers.

John

jwdesselle
03-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Ok, I want to rent 2 minutes in the pitty party wagon. While getting dressed for work this morning I had to pull a little harder on my pants to get them buttoned. These are pants I was super excited to buy when I hit my goal. I know the weekend of National Guard duty totally screwed up any attempt for me to eat correctly. I'll be able to slip into these pants easily again, but today I'm worried about the 9 month deployment to Cuba. If one weekend of not thinking adds a little lbs to me, what is going to happen during those 9 months.

I need to go shopping somewhere and get an extra large box of self control. :dizzy:

M35A2
03-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Ok, I want to rent 2 minutes in the pitty party wagon. While getting dressed for work this morning I had to pull a little harder on my pants to get them buttoned. These are pants I was super excited to buy when I hit my goal. I know the weekend of National Guard duty totally screwed up any attempt for me to eat correctly. I'll be able to slip into these pants easily again, but today I'm worried about the 9 month deployment to Cuba. If one weekend of not thinking adds a little lbs to me, what is going to happen during those 9 months.

I need to go shopping somewhere and get an extra large box of self control. :dizzy:

Nine months of eating SOS will really do a number on you. Hopefully you won't be required to take the little tan baggie for lunch or dinner. I know they've cut back on the calories some compared to the old dark brown MREs but they're still not any where near OP.

Now if you're hitting the Class 6 store every night then you'll need that box of self control. It's on the shelf right next to the box of grid squares and cans of track tension.

GoBears60
03-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Nine months of eating SOS will really do a number on you. Hopefully you won't be required to take the little tan baggie for lunch or dinner. I know they've cut back on the calories some compared to the old dark brown MREs but they're still not any where near OP.

Now if you're hitting the Class 6 store every night then you'll need that box of self control. It's on the shelf right next to the box of grid squares and cans of track tension.

Off topic warning

I hate to date myself, but c-rations that came with a 4 pack of cigarettes and about 4 John Wayn can-opners came with each case. I think a week of IP doesn't equal the calories of one of those.
BTW when I was in Viet Nam, a carton (NOT A PACK) was $1.15. You couldn't afford not to smoke:p

M35A2
03-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Off topic warning

I hate to date myself, but c-rations that came with a 4 pack of cigarettes and about 4 John Wayn can-opners came with each case. I think a week of IP doesn't equal the calories of one of those.
BTW when I was in Viet Nam, a carton (NOT A PACK) was $1.15. You couldn't afford not to smoke:p

I went in just as they were transitioning from C-rats to MREs. I still have a P38 (can opener) on my key chain (canned peaches were the best!). The older style MREs had about 3000 calories each but that included the sugar packet, creamer, salt/pepper, and every other item except the wrapper. Cigarettes were a thing of the past by the '80s.

kitcamper
03-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Great job Tbone, it is amazing how it comes off. Pushing -60 here, the last 10 took forever (not really just seemed like it).

billbrown72
03-25-2013, 07:07 PM
well me cheating friday had me hover at the 260 mark saturday and sunday....just weighed myself and was 256....guess the ketosis kicked back in!!!!!!

Success is Messy
03-25-2013, 09:48 PM

Way to go Tbone!

Success is Messy
03-25-2013, 09:57 PM
well me cheating friday had me hover at the 260 mark saturday and sunday....just weighed myself and was 256....guess the ketosis kicked back in!!!!!!

Bill,
I am always surprised how quickly I can swing 3-4 lbs. never been able to get a handle on why. Always spend a couple of days kicking myself if I am not 100%

usmcvet
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
No it will keep you from burning muscle as fuel. It will also keeps you from passing out, I almost did! The extra packet should be an unrestricted.

Awesome dude!

Buzzard777
03-25-2013, 11:08 PM
I am on week 5 and have been able to be in my office and have found it easy to follow the program. I found out today I have to travel with another person from the home office to Montreal next week. People tell me they bring their own dressings and have salad at restaurants but I have not come up with one I like yet. What do you guys use for dressing? I have not eaten out since I started this and am a little nervous to break routine. Anyone have any tips for being prepared?

billbrown72
03-26-2013, 12:02 AM
I've got walden farms usually on me at all times (thousand island )...just went out to eat tonight...had a 6oz filet and steamed veggies....

billbrown72
03-26-2013, 12:04 AM
most restaurants will have just an oil and vinegar if your in a pinch

Success is Messy
03-26-2013, 08:57 AM
I am on week 5 and have been able to be in my office and have found it easy to follow the program. I found out today I have to travel with another person from the home office to Montreal next week. People tell me they bring their own dressings and have salad at restaurants but I have not come up with one I like yet. What do you guys use for dressing? I have not eaten out since I started this and am a little nervous to break routine. Anyone have any tips for being prepared?

Buzzard,
I have to eat out a lot with work. Here are some tips.
1. Sit down restaurants only. Fast food never works.
2. Salad bars, even small ones, are life savers. Big plate of lettuce and they usually have enough on plan veggies to make 2 cups.
3. You can always find oil for dressing but vinegar that is not balsamic can be an issue. Try this oil and a couple of lemon wedges squeezed on the salad is very tasty.
4. Carry your sea salt in your pocket. Can't get it at the restaurants.
5. The tricky part is the side options. Utilize google to see what resturant options are around and then visit their site to look at the menus. You can get grilled chicken, fish or steak almost anywhere but finding the veggies done on plan is the hard part.
6. Ask questions. How do you prepare the steak? Do you use butter on the steamed veggies.
7. Pretend to have food allergies. Wait staff will respond easier to request if they think it will hurt you.
8. Maybe the most important, from the time you leave the house your water bottle should be in your hand. Staying hydrated makes it much easier to control hunger when you may get off your regular mealtimes, or a veggie had a hidden ingredient. Keeping 120oz plus of water a day helps flush so many things out of your system.
9. Know where the bathrooms are...
10. Water bottle with a locking top make great shaker replacements for the powdered drinks.
11. Pack plenty of the bars, premix drinks, powdered drinks etc... Trying to find a microwave, bowl and a spoon can be harder than you ever thought.

leadedge
03-26-2013, 09:47 AM

Hey Buzz, I'm Canadian. When in Montreal try and go to Swiss Chalet (or Chalet Suisse) there :). If you order the Healthy Quarter Chicken with veggie medley with a side salad you'll be happy! I don't sweat the dressing to much. It is a balsamic which seems to be ok, diet wise.

kitcamper
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
"Buzzard"
I use the Walden Farms, but add a bit of green salsa, to spice it up. If I know in advance (usually do, since I don't go out that much), I will mix a bit of WF ranch with some green salsa.
I did a lot of salads the first week, and do them for lunch sometimes, but dinner
is usually cooked veggies. And if I make extra cook veggies at night, I pour a IP soup over them for lunch the next day. Makes a nice veggie soup.

GoBears60
03-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Buzzard,
11. Pack plenty of the bars, premix drinks, powdered drinks etc... Trying to find a microwave, bowl and a spoon can be harder than you ever thought.

Great list. I no longer use the Mixer for anything. I use disposable cups for soups and puddings when I am not at home. Put a little water in the bottom of the cup. Put the packet in. Put the rest of the water in. Wet the spoon or fork, then place it in the cup and stir slowly, then pick up speed.
The reason for putting a little water in first is it prevents stuff from being lost at the bottom where the spoon can’t reach while stiring.

The reason for putting the packet in, then the rest of the water. It prevents people from thinking you are on crack cocaine. That powdered stuff flies everywhere if you stir to fast.:coffee:

jwdesselle
03-26-2013, 11:04 AM

HA, SOS used to be my favorite Army breakfast. I don't really think they will be giving us MREs while at GTMO, at least I hope not.

The Class 6 store wouldn't be as bad as all the fast-food/coffee shops this base has. I'm going to have to walk around with blinders on and a nose plug so I don't see/smell any of it. :dizzy:

Off topic warning

I joined in '94, haven't ever had the enjoyment of c-rations. It's wild for me to think they used to put smokes in them and a carton was $1.15? WOW, a pack of Marlboro Lights run around $5.00 now. (That is my next big life change. Gotta put those things out of my life)

GoBears60
03-26-2013, 02:35 PM
There is another thread in IP called “Trying to find the courage to start all over again!” As I listed my other diets I have been on, I thought of that scary thread. I have never been as successful the 2nd time on a diet as I was the first time. That’s one of the reason I must complete all 4 phases. Failure is not an option. This is too easy, I don't feel deprived, yes Shawn just walked by with a plate of mostacholi and of course the thought of shoving his face in it never occured to me, I am fine :nose:

wuv2bloved
03-26-2013, 03:03 PM

You have come way to far to be thinking like this!!....you know there will be salads and meats you will be able to eat....You like the way you feel and look right now to let your guard down. Thinking about what are you going to eat will keep your occupied enough so that the time will fly by...at least I hope so. You know you can always get stuff shipped to you in care packages or bring stuff with you to help carry you over. If there is a will there is a way....You are stronger than any of the food that will be there.....BELIEVE in YOURSELF!.....I KNOW you got this!!

leadedge
03-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Any of you dudes using a sleep apnea machine. I have had to use one since '09 when I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. It was kind of a fluke that I even got checked out (wife was bugging me about my snoring). I have used it everyday up to about a week ago as I felt that, with the weight loss, I would try not using it. It was an interesting test but the last few days I have felt a bit draggy so I'm gonna fire it up again. I have set up another appt. to check where I stand with the sleep apnea now before I quit the machine cold turkey.

Just wondering if there are any SA sufferers on our little forum.

leadedge
03-26-2013, 04:25 PM
One of my customers came in to my store today to discuss his sons weight issues. He is about 19yrs old now and 340lbs. My customer just went through a quad-bypass and heart issues run in the family so he is obviously concerned about his son. He has been watching my weight drop and was really interested in getting his son (and wife apparently) into IP.

I still can't get my head around the irony that the former BigT, known for Blueberry Pie, Big Macs and chip dip, is now giving diet advice??!!:dizzy:

GoBears60
03-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Any of you dudes using a sleep apnea machine. I have had to use one since '09 when I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. It was kind of a fluke that I even got checked out (wife was bugging me about my snoring). I have used it everyday up to about a week ago as I felt that, with the weight loss, I would try not using it. It was an interesting test but the last few days I have felt a bit draggy so I'm gonna fire it up again. I have set up another appt. to check where I stand with the sleep apnea now before I quit the machine cold turkey.

The wife has been on the machine. She doesn't use it as much, the sleep-specialist thinks she will be off it soon. She is off blood pressure meds now.

wuv2bloved
03-26-2013, 04:56 PM
One of my customers came in to my store today to discuss his sons weight issues. He is about 19yrs old now and 340lbs. My customer just went through a quad-bypass and heart issues run in the family so he is obviously concerned about his son. He has been watching my weight drop and was really interested in getting his son (and wife apparently) into IP.

I still can't get my head around the irony that the former BigT, known for Blueberry Pie, Big Macs and chip dip, is now giving diet advice??!!:dizzy:

Until his son is ready he won't do it....coming from experience with my on weight loss....my son is 21 yrs old 388lbs and could care less....he has only known me as being big...when I delivered him 21 yrs ago I was at 309...he has seen what my weight did to me and how much I struggled but it doesn't seems to affect him. He isn't ready to give it up yet so when he decides he is ready I'll be there for him...its all we can do...we are always concerned about our kids, that NEVER STOPS....My oldest has dropped about 40lbs and is aware of what could happen so he took care of it before it got outta hand...I wish your friend the best with his son :)

kitcamper
03-26-2013, 05:28 PM
SA, here also. I use mine machine religiously. I have restrictive apnea. My doctor had told me a long time ago that if I lose 50 or more pounds I should come back in for a overnight. I have snored horrible, since I can remember.
I will not be going to get it checked till I have lost at least 100.

Success is Messy
03-26-2013, 08:46 PM

Me too. Try a few nights without and did ok till I awoke last night with a jerk knew it was an episode so put it on and slept the night. Anyone else have any problem falling asleep without it on?

WI tomorrow, if the trusty home scale is true I should be 210. What a difference 7 weeks can make!

mpstaton
03-26-2013, 10:24 PM
I have been on a CPAP machine since 1999 when I was around 235 lbs. I probably won't even think about getting retested until I'm in Onederland. The only time I haven't used it is during power failures, but I had no problem falling asleep without it.

Dolemite
03-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Morning all! Just checking in. Working on my third month of IP! Hello to any of the new guys that have joined us here!

Buzzard777
03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Success, Thank you for the tips they will help me stay on track!

Buzzard777
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
"Buzzard"
I use the Walden Farms, but add a bit of green salsa, to spice it up. If I know in advance (usually do, since I don't go out that much), I will mix a bit of WF ranch with some green salsa.
I did a lot of salads the first week, and do them for lunch sometimes, but dinner
is usually cooked veggies. And if I make extra cook veggies at night, I pour a IP soup over them for lunch the next day. Makes a nice veggie soup.

Thanks Kit I will try the salsa up till now I have not been able to stomach the WF product for some reason. I hope the salsa gives it a better taste.

Buzzard777
03-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Week 5 WI today 4.75# loss and 4 inches. The guy I Am going to Montreal with wont fly so instead of a 4 hour flight now it is a 22hour drive. Kind of frustrating when I would finally have been able to put the tray down in front of me. I will just pretend the steering wheel is a tray! Thank you everyone for the tips for travel. On to week 6 yee hah!

usmcvet
03-27-2013, 08:05 PM
I've had a CPAP for >5 years. I've lost 155 and still need it. I did re adjust my pressure down quite a bit. I've snored like crazy since I was a teen and when I was in the Corps and very fit. I think I'm a lifer!

Success is Messy
03-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Week 5 WI today 4.75# loss and 4 inches. The guy I Am going to Montreal with wont fly so instead of a 4 hour flight now it is a 22hour drive. Kind of frustrating when I would finally have been able to put the tray down in front of me. I will just pretend the steering wheel is a tray! Thank you everyone for the tips for travel. On to week 6 yee hah!

22 hour drive with the amount of water I am drinking... That would be interesting.:jig:

billbrown72
03-28-2013, 01:18 AM
HA, SOS used to be my favorite Army breakfast. I don't really think they will be giving us MREs while at GTMO, at least I hope not.

The Class 6 store wouldn't be as bad as all the fast-food/coffee shops this base has. I'm going to have to walk around with blinders on and a nose plug so I don't see/smell any of it. :dizzy:

I joined in '94, haven't ever had the enjoyment of c-rations. It's wild for me to think they used to put smokes in them and a carton was $1.15? WOW, a pack of Marlboro Lights run around $5.00 now. (That is my next big life change. Gotta put those things out of my life)

Been off of Marlboro lights for 2.5 years...addicted to the nicotine gum now but I guess it's a lot better than smoking

billbrown72
03-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Next WI is Monday but my scale shows me down to 254

jwdesselle
03-28-2013, 09:16 AM
You have come way to far to be thinking like this!!....you know there will be salads and meats you will be able to eat....You like the way you feel and look right now to let your guard down. Thinking about what are you going to eat will keep your occupied enough so that the time will fly by...at least I hope so. You know you can always get stuff shipped to you in care packages or bring stuff with you to help carry you over. If there is a will there is a way....You are stronger than any of the food that will be there.....BELIEVE in YOURSELF!.....I KNOW you got this!!

Thanks for the encouragement

GoBears60
03-28-2013, 11:07 AM
No one has ever talked about it before, but I haven't clog the toliet once since being on IP. :doh:

leadedge
03-28-2013, 12:50 PM
No one has ever talked about it before, but I haven't clog the toliet once since being on IP. :doh:

That's why we love the man thread...we talk about the stuff that REALLY matters!!:) Hahahaha

M35A2
03-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Week 9 WI a day early as coach taking Good Friday off. Down a tad less than 1lb and a little over an inch lost. It appears that I have a sensitivity to Soy so no more Restricteds for the next couple of weeks to see if that stirs things up any. I'm really going to miss that Vanilla Crispy Square.

Chaz7887
03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Well, had my WI this afternoon. Was hoping to see 250something, instead, 263. Only lost 2.5 pounds. The total for 4 weeks is 25.5. Only lost a half inch total. Now, the inches are not my high priority, it is the pounds. But, I told my coach what/when I have been eating and she said I am in starvation and need to have an extra protein when I work day shift. So I need to ask, for an extra protein, are the Atkins shakes ok? 1g Net carbs?

M35A2
03-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Well, had my WI this afternoon. Was hoping to see 250something, instead, 263. Only lost 2.5 pounds. The total for 4 weeks is 25.5. Only lost a half inch total. Now, the inches are not my high priority, it is the pounds. But, I told my coach what/when I have been eating and she said I am in starvation and need to have an extra protein when I work day shift. So I need to ask, for an extra protein, are the Atkins shakes ok? 1g Net carbs?

You're better with the EAS CarbAdvantage shakes. They sell them at WalMart and (I believe) Costco and I'm sure other places. Not having the stats in front of me I can't comment on Atkins other than to say they generally allow higher fat in their pre-made stuff so avoid it if possible.

Chaz7887
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. I just cant see paying 30 bucks for 6 when I can spend 6 dollars for 4.

Success is Messy
03-28-2013, 09:02 PM
wI was 211 just a little over 4lbs this week. Wife was just laughing that my recliner now swallows me. Not even my furniture fits!

Had a great day at work, lots of business moving over the last couPle of weeks. Wonder if this new found confidence has anything to do with it? ;)

billbrown72
03-28-2013, 09:02 PM
If you have a SAMs club store they have case of 25 for $15

leadedge
03-29-2013, 12:51 AM
Man, after a great week last week, I'm really toughin' it out this week. I've been jumping around on the old naked scale from 242-240 every day (the official "WI scale" usually adds 5lbs) and I just can't seem to break through. Plus I haven't slept well all week which can't be helping. I hope I'm not hitting that "almost there" funk because my motivation has really been bad this week.

I've been doing a lot of the "alternatives" recently. I think I might drop them for a while and get back on the strict IP stuff. Although numbers, up to now, have been good on the alternative stuff I felt better with the IP foods. I just need to give my head a shake and get my focus back!:dizzy:

Buzzard777
03-29-2013, 12:56 AM

I dont clog it because I hardly use it anymore! I have not broken a seat off since the IP started.

Buzzard777
03-29-2013, 01:02 AM
22 hour drive with the amount of water I am drinking... That would be interesting.:jig:

That is what I have been thinking! Maybe the guy that wouldnt fly would change his mind if I use a bottle in the first 30 minutes.

leadedge
03-29-2013, 01:09 AM
That is what I have been thinking! Maybe the guy that wouldnt fly would change his mind if I use a bottle in the first 30 minutes.

Ya, I mean I don't care to fly either but 22 Hours!! Then you're gonna be driving in and out of Montreal! I had to drive through Montreal to get to my University for 4 yrs...I don't wish that on my worst enemy! They are a different breed of drivers in that city. I can give you some good terminology to use in Quebec traffic but I don't think it could be posted here...there may be bilingual monitors!:)

Buzzard777
03-29-2013, 09:30 AM
Man, after a great week last week, I'm really toughin' it out this week. I've been jumping around on the old naked scale from 242-240 every day (the official "WI scale" usually adds 5lbs) and I just can't seem to break through. Plus I haven't slept well all week which can't be helping. I hope I'm not hitting that "almost there" funk because my motivation has really been bad this week.

I've been doing a lot of the "alternatives" recently. I think I might drop them for a while and get back on the strict IP stuff. Although numbers, up to now, have been good on the alternative stuff I felt better with the IP foods. I just need to give my head a shake and get my focus back!:dizzy:

What kind of alternatives do you use? I have only used the IP products and I asked my coach about using some Atkins drinks but she said they have things in them that would slow my progress. When I look at the label they look the same.

Buzzard777
03-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Ya, I mean I don't care to fly either but 22 Hours!! Then you're gonna be driving in and out of Montreal! I had to drive through Montreal to get to my University for 4 yrs...I don't wish that on my worst enemy! They are a different breed of drivers in that city. I can give you some good terminology to use in Quebec traffic but I don't think it could be posted here...there may be bilingual monitors!:)

I drove in Chicago for a few years and learned many gestures from other drivers. Maybe I should take a quick French cursing class so I know what they are saying to me.

Buzzard777
03-29-2013, 09:41 AM
wI was 211 just a little over 4lbs this week. Wife was just laughing that my recliner now swallows me. Not even my furniture fits!

Had a great day at work, lots of business moving over the last couPle of weeks. Wonder if this new found confidence has anything to do with it? ;)

Way to go on 4#! You probably are starting to look like Edith Ann in your chair!:D

leadedge
03-29-2013, 02:48 PM
What kind of alternatives do you use? I have only used the IP products and I asked my coach about using some Atkins drinks but she said they have things in them that would slow my progress. When I look at the label they look the same.

I'm a bit addicted to a brand of Whey Protein Isolate. We have it here in Canada it is called President's Choice. They have a flavour called Strawberry Creme which I really like. I usually have a shake every morning for breakfast.

I think the "Isolates" or "ISO" powders are what you want to look for. Check the labels and make sure the carbs stay low and protein stays high.

The PC Isolate is 170cal/.5g fat/2g carbs/ 38g Protein. For me it is a nice little shot in the morning and it tastes great!

I still like the IP stuff though. This morning I had a bit more time so I had some grilled mushrooms mixed with my IP omelette and a touch of salsa on the side...very good!

The other thing that I have found as a good snack instead of an IP pouch is the Doctor's CarbRite bars. These I'd be careful of because I'm sure they would qualify as a dreaded "restricted".

Toasted coconut is 200cal/ 2g fat/ 24g carbs/ 18g Protein. Not perfect, and the IP bars have better #s, but they have some great flavours and they do fill you up and are great after a workout or a particularly busy day!

I hesitate to even bring up alternatives because IP has been so good to me but I do use some of them. :devil:

Success is Messy
03-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Daughter and I hit the consignment stores today. Bought a suit and 3 dress shirts for well under a $100.00. Absolutely proud to put on a 42 suit and it fit like a glove:carrot: was in a 48 7 weeks ago. I also took the old suits to consign, loved those suits but glad to see them go.....

My daughter (in town from college) turned me on to a new song "Thrift Shop" very catchy and has been playing in my head all day. If you want a good laugh check out the you tube video. Warning has inappropriate language, just remember I told you so.
http://youtu.be/QK8mJJJvaes

leadedge
03-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Daughter and I hit the consignment stores today. Bought a suit and 3 dress shirts for well under a $100.00. Absolutely proud to put on a 42 suit and it fit like a glove:carrot: was in a 48 7 weeks ago. I also took the old suits to consign, loved those suits but glad to see them go.....

My daughter (in town from college) turned me on to a new song "Thrift Shop" very catchy and has been playing in my head all day. If you want a good laugh check out the you tube video. Warning has inappropriate language, just remember I told you so.
http://youtu.be/QK8mJJJvaes

I love that song! My kids always have it playing (the clean version)!! Ya, the new clothes are definitely a great by-product of IP! I have officially put all of my old pants to the far side of my closet. The last pair was a pair that was skin tight (if I could do it up) before. Now they look all saggy and fall down! Great feeling except I only have one pair of jeans that fit me and one dressy pants (they were both bought about 3 weeks ago). Looks like it is gonna be the thrift shop for me this week!! What? What? What? What?...gonna buy some tags...

billbrown72
03-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Weighed myself before work tonight ,252.5...hopefully my wi at clinic Monday will be close

billbrown72
03-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Having some sweet cravings tonight

Spiritman
03-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Having some sweet cravings tonight

Sitting here with a watering mouth smelling the fresh buns my wife just pulled out of the oven.

kitcamper
03-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Bill, I find a cup of nice favored decaf tea helps curb the sugar craving. It is not the cure all but really helps me. Helps with the munches too.

knel
03-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Hello all, starting tomorrow with a goal of 40 lbs (265 -> 225) then maybe more. Got all my IP food, a lot of veggies, some chicken and fish, and may buy a Foreman grill as well.

I appreciate all the tips and encouragement on this forum!

billbrown72
03-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Had some coffee with cinnamon...got me through it...welcome knel

Success is Messy
03-30-2013, 02:33 AM
Hello all, starting tomorrow with a goal of 40 lbs (265 -> 225) then maybe more. Got all my IP food, a lot of veggies, some chicken and fish, and may buy a Foreman grill as well.

Knel, good luck on the journey. I bet you go lower than 40! That will come quicker than you think.

M35A2
03-30-2013, 09:45 AM

Welcome knel!

The Foreman is a great addition to the kitchen. We've had 1 for several years and love it.

leadedge
03-30-2013, 10:26 AM

Welcome Knel! I talk ad-nauseum on this forum about how great my Foreman grill is! Get the family size one, the others a way to small when you're loading the veggies!

I finally broke through the 240 barrier on the "naked scale" this morning. 239, that'll get me motivated through to WI on Monday!!

Buzzard777
03-30-2013, 04:05 PM

Welcome Knel! Stick to program and it will work.

M35A2
03-30-2013, 06:23 PM
NSV today. Went shopping for some new shirts. I haven't worn less than an XL for the last 15 years. Figured I'd lost enough for a LG but tried it on and still too big. Went for a Med and fit great. I haven't worn Med at ANY point in my life. I've been at a lower weight than this before but it's coming off in different places this time around. Now I'm sure this Med is supposed to be a "loose fit" type shirt and while it's not straining at the buttons there's not a lot of free play but still...And I have 1/2 as much weight to loose yet. I might just be swimming in a Med when I'm done.

Chaz7887
03-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Good afternoon. After a disappointing WI, I took my coaches advice and had a protein every 4 hours. She also told me about Jicama. Closest thing to an apple. Very good. Anyway, got on the scale after waking up this afternoon, 259. It's the small victories.

knel
03-31-2013, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the greetings all. My first day was very successful but I did eat a few pieces (<2oz) of turkey jerky that had some brown sugar. Headache is not too bad. Main thing is, the vegetables and the packets really work because I don't feel hungry! Very happy about that.

leadedge
03-31-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm summoning up all my willpower strength for the annual Easter Feast at the in-laws this afternoon! I have WI tomorrow so I will have to really bear down and watch it today.

Desert will be the worst, as they lay out a spread of epic proportions!

I will survive....

Success is Messy
03-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Happy Easter guys.
Lucky to not have the family feast this year, but I do miss all the family.
Went to a resturant last night that I had forgotten about. They do a stir fry that you choose the ingredients from a buffet type set up. Had tons of choices for the IP meals. I and the family left very happy!

leadedge
04-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Well the Easter Feast wasn't as tough as I thought. My in-laws always have chocolate eggs and various treats all over the house plus a fridge downstairs loaded with my favourite pop. I managed to ignore all the treats and polished off 3 glasses of water and two mugs of hot tea.

For dinner I stuck with a bit of turkey and ham, some salad and a touch of turnip. Overall, I was pretty pleased! Some of the family hadn't seen me since I started IP so they were pretty shocked. One aunt-in-law has been dieting her whole life and was grilling me on IP and everything involved with it.

Big WI tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to see big numbers but hopefully I'll have knocked down a few lbs! Naked scale has me into the 230s now at 238 which I'm happy about but getting to 220 (official scale) by my goal date of May 12th is going to take some serious work! :dizzy:

knel
04-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Easter dinner(s) weren't bad even though I had to go to Dad's side and Mom's side both. Headache was a little worse today. Hoping I am okay at work this week, my first workweek on IP. Happy Easter all!

M35A2
04-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Easter dinner(s) weren't bad even though I had to go to Dad's side and Mom's side both. Headache was a little worse today. Hoping I am okay at work this week, my first workweek on IP. Happy Easter all!

Try adding some salt to your water and drinking that. A lot of times headaches are caused by dehydration.

jwdesselle
04-01-2013, 09:04 AM

Foreman Grill, not only for this program, it is an awesome idea. I LOVE mine.

jwdesselle
04-01-2013, 09:13 AM
NSV today. Went shopping for some new shirts. I haven't worn less than an XL for the last 15 years. Figured I'd lost enough for a LG but tried it on and still too big. Went for a Med and fit great. I haven't worn Med at ANY point in my life. I've been at a lower weight than this before but it's coming off in different places this time around. Now I'm sure this Med is supposed to be a "loose fit" type shirt and while it's not straining at the buttons there's not a lot of free play but still...And I have 1/2 as much weight to loose yet. I might just be swimming in a Med when I'm done.

This sounds like when I went shopping for new jeans the first time. The guy at the store was very helpful with getting me into the correct size. I went from a tight 34-36 all the way down to a 29! I was in shock. The 29s are too good at helping me gauge my progress because they had no play room. I can tell if I put on even a couple of lbs. :dizzy:

Thanks for the greetings all. My first day was very successful but I did eat a few pieces (<2oz) of turkey jerky that had some brown sugar. Headache is not too bad. Main thing is, the vegetables and the packets really work because I don't feel hungry! Very happy about that.

You may want to stay away from the jerky. I would bet it has way too much salt....

I know I just said to watch out for too much salt, but in the same breath I am going to say make sure you are getting enough SEA Salt. Big difference. I don't know the science between the two. I just know table salt makes your body retain water and the sea salt helps with the headaches. I used to just stick my tongue in my Sea Salt container and get some when I had headaches. *(I was the only one using it so didn't think sticking my tongue into it mattered.)

Sounds like you did a great job at the family get together. Good luck. Work the program just like it says to and you will be amazed at the results.

GoBears60
04-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Big WI tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to see big numbers but hopefully I'll have knocked down a few lbs! Naked scale has me into the 230s now at 238 which I'm happy about but getting to 220 (official scale) by my goal date of May 12th is going to take some serious work! :dizzy:

I am 10 pounds above you (exactly). If I am under 250 on WI, I will be one happy camper. No you don't post to much.

leadedge
04-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Good WI today, down another 3lbs for a 42lb total. I was very happy with that considering the "sluggish" week last week. Feel good today so I really hope to rock this week!

I think I am posting too much...my wife was complaining I talk to you guys more than her! :)

GoBears60
04-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Good WI today, down another 3lbs for a 42lb total. I was very happy with that considering the "sluggish" week last week. Feel good today so I really hope to rock this week!

I think I am posting too much...my wife was complaining I talk to you guys more than her! :)

What? Your birthday suite weight is 4 pounds less then your WI scale? That must drive you nuts.

Well having grown up as the only boy (4 sisters) and when I got married, (you guessed it 3 daughters).

Sometimes male conversation is the only thing that keeps me sane.

BTW if I somehow get to 250 this week it will a 45 pound loss, or in 10 weeks a 4.5 average. Not so much lately, but still estatic about the program.

At first the cost of IP look shocking (3248.75 for the wife and I). But when you look at the big picture of cost avoidance, it is really cheap. (Heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure) How many years will this add to our lives? How do you put a cost to the quality of life as we now have? Such as an increased energy, and less joint pain overall? Also how do you put a cost on looking in the mirror and not wanting to throw-up based on how bad we look? And how about the peace of mind when you we look in the mirror and not getting burning mad at yourself because of the weight we have put on? Or what is it worth not hiding behind a tree when someone pulls out a camera? Also what is it worth when standing still for a picture not doing everything in our power to make sure we don't look too fat? And how about when a picture is taken and you look at the picture, what is it worth when those words "I look fat" are not the first thing that goes through your mind?

knel
04-01-2013, 07:28 PM
At first the cost of IP look shocking (3248.75 for the wife and I). But when you look at the big picture of cost avoidance, it is really cheap. (Heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure) How many years will this add to our lives? How do you put a cost to the quality of life as we now have? Such as an increased energy, and less joint pain overall? Also how do you put a cost on looking in the mirror and not wanting to throw-up based on how bad we look? And how about the peace of mind when you we look in the mirror and not getting burning mad at yourself because of the weight we have put on? Or what is it worth not hiding behind a tree when someone pulls out a camera? Also what is it worth when standing still for a picture not doing everything in our power to make sure we don't look too fat? And how about when a picture is taken and you look at the picture, what is it worth when those words "I look fat" are not the first thing that goes through your mind?

This is a great post and exactly what I think about the cost, I mean, I would be spending that money on fast food and junk food anyway. I understand some people cannot afford the program and I'm sorry but for most people it is a good investment in yourself.

Happy I got through work today even though I have to take the elevator up in the parking garage (4 floors).

leadedge
04-01-2013, 08:02 PM
What? Your birthday suite weight is 4 pounds less then your WI scale? That must drive you nuts.

Yup, 5lbs actually and it does drive me nuts!

M35A2
04-01-2013, 09:04 PM

My difference is 5lbs but then I weigh in with my shoes on. Kind of stinks since my B-A-N weight is actully in the upper 180s now but my ticker here is still in the mid 190s. Oh well. When I hit 170 at the clinic I'll actually be 165 at home.

knel
04-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Is it normal to sweat more on IP, I feel like I am sweating all day and it's not that hot here now.

Also the best drink I have found so far is Vitamin Squeeze, at HEB and Randalls here in TX.

Success is Messy
04-01-2013, 10:18 PM
My difference is 5lbs but then I weigh in with my shoes on. Kind of stinks since my B-A-N weight is actully in the upper 180s now but my ticker here is still in the mid 190s. Oh well. When I hit 170 at the clinic I'll actually be 165 at home.

5 lbs difference for me also. Last week was 207 and weigh in was 211.7 frustrating but who's counting. Ohh I guess we are counting.

Success is Messy
04-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Is it normal to sweat more on IP, I feel like I am sweating all day and it's not that hot here now.

Also the best drink I have found so far is Vitamin Squeeze, at HEB and Randalls here in TX.

I am cold all the time. Had no sweating problem.

kitcamper
04-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Happy two days after Easter! I made it through familiy dinners all weekend, since I am still here (at the folks) till this a bit later this morning. Did well stuck to protein and veggies, not desert or bread. Everyone was pretty impressed with the weight loss.
Will WI on the home scale in the morning, but feeling good.
We (brother and dad) went on a 18 mile kayak trip yesterday. We went on the Winchester Wasteway by Moses Lake, WA. took us 8 hours and it was a blast. The kayak sits a bit higher in the water with 60 pounds gone, and a whole lot more comfortable.
The biggest surprise for me was seeing pictures of the kayak trip we looked at last night. I could not believe that it was me in the photos. Guess you see yourself all the time, so you notice it, but boy the pictures really brought the difference out.....especially since my last photo of reference, was taken at Christmas, Just before I started. Well, must pack up and head home, 3.5 hour drive.
You all have a great week.....

Success is Messy
04-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Met a referral for coffee this morning. Neither of us had ever met and could not put our finger on eachothers cell numbers. After about 30 minutes of squirming a young gentleman approaches me holding an iPhone. "Are you Scott?" Yes Jason glad to meet you." He turns the phone and shows my my LinkedIn profile picture and states, "you must take a new picture! How old is this one?" "6 months". Turns phone around looks for a long moment, "so how much weight have you lost?" Best thing to happen in a few days.

knel
04-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Doing good so far, 4 days in, less fatigued today than yesterday.

How do you guys manage to get all your vegetables- steamed? grilled? soups?

Chaz7887
04-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Knel: that depends on which veggies I am eating. Cuccumbers, peeled, sliced with a dash of sea salt. Jicama sliced with a dash of true lime. For dinner, sauteed mushrooms and asparagus in a little oil with spike seasoning. That seasoning is fantastic.

M35A2
04-03-2013, 09:05 AM

We mostly roast ours. Spray some PAM on a cookie sheet, spritz the veggies with oil, then bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. We're going through about 6 pounds of sliced mushrooms a week.

Another way is to make some veggie purees. You can mix them with the soups and it makes a lot of veggies fit into a very small space.

GoBears60
04-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Met a referral for coffee this morning. Neither of us had ever met and could not put our finger on eachothers cell numbers. After about 30 minutes of squirming a young gentleman approaches me holding an iPhone. "Are you Scott?" Yes Jason glad to meet you." He turns the phone and shows my my LinkedIn profile picture and states, "you must take a new picture! How old is this one?" "6 months". Turns phone around looks for a long moment, "so how much weight have you lost?" Best thing to happen in a few days.

The little things.Wifee is getting a little discourage. I showed her a picture of us that was about 6 months old.:yikes: Wifee is on board again! "I never want to look like that again!"

M35A2
04-03-2013, 11:48 AM
The little things.Wifee is getting a little discourage. I showed her a picture of us that was about 6 months old.:yikes: Wifee is on board again! "I never want to look like that again!"

Yep! Here's a Before and Not After But In Process photo.

leadedge
04-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Went in for my yearly physical today, that was pretty interesting. The nurse did a double take at my BP (which was perfect) and asked what BP medication I was on to get it down from my last physical. I actually have about a 45lb drop from my last physical! All IP there!

My doctors office is actually the other IP clinic in our town but it is just too far for me to travel to every week so I visit a closer one. Needless to say they love IP in that office! My doctor has lost 35lbs, the other doc has lost 65lbs and the nurse (now IP coach) has lost 35lbs! (They are all in maintenance now). He was telling me that IP is causing huge changes in his patients. He is having diabetics going off all meds and finding that people have really reduced their "aches and pains" (associated with being overweight) since IP.

He was absolutely thrilled I was doing IP and all my "numbers" were amazing this year. I have a form for a full workup when I get to my goal so he can compare everything. I was called the Cinderella Story today! Today really got my motivation up and I'm ready to get to goal!!!:carrot:

GoBears60
04-03-2013, 04:01 PM
... I was called the Cinderella Story today! Today really got my motivation up and I'm ready to get to goal!!!:carrot:

Did they recommend IP before? (But you went to the other office closer to home?)

I am looking forward to my physical! Ususally I dread it for about six months. And no I am not looking forward to the bend over check!

kitcamper
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
My physical is next week. I have for years instructed my doctor to get in, get out, do not even breath. You can tell me all about it when you are done.

leadedge
04-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Did they recommend IP before? (But you went to the other office closer to home?)

They actually never recommended it last year but they did have IP brochures around and that is how I found out about IP. Ya, my doc is right "downtown" and I live out on the west side so it is easier just to visit the IP clinic close to home.

Ya, the bend-over was all clear but I was fartin' jelly all morning!:D

Success is Messy
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I was fartin' jelly all morning!:D

Welcome to the men's forum!

Looking great!

Success is Messy
04-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Big WI today... Down 6 lbs!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Can Onderland be next week???
It was only 2lbs above my scales naked weight!?!

billbrown72
04-03-2013, 08:28 PM
hello all, chugging right along...week 5 down almost to the 30 mark

M35A2
04-03-2013, 08:53 PM

You guys are rockin' this! It's taken me 10 weeks to get down 30lbs.

leadedge
04-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Big WI today... Down 6 lbs!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Can Onderland be next week???
It was only 2lbs above my scales naked weight!?!

That is an awesome job, Messy!! You are losing like crazy!!

leadedge
04-03-2013, 11:19 PM

That is awesome, Bill! 6lbs/week is flying!!! One more week to twofiftyderland!!

knel
04-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the tips on vegetable purees that is a great idea. Tried some EAS Carb Control shakes today and was very pleased with the flavor and price :)

mpstaton
04-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Looking for some tips from you guys with the 5 or 6 lbs per week weight loss.

I was hoping to lose 4 to 5 lbs per week when I started IP and I have been 100% OP. But I'm only losing about 3 lbs per week on average, and some of the other guys like M35 seem to be in the same boat. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Chaz7887
04-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Mpstaton, I have done some exercise, basketball with my son and neighbor kids, threw batting practice the other day. Got on the naked scale and was at 253, WI last week was 263. So I think 30 minutes of exercise 3-4x a week should shed the pounds.

GoBears60
04-04-2013, 10:36 AM

I was hoping to lose 4 to 5 lbs per week when I started IP and I have been 100% OP. But I'm only losing about 3 lbs per week on average, and some of the other guys like M35 seem to be in the same boat. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Three reason weight the loss has slowed down.
1. Your metabolism slows down, carbs are not readily available.
2. You are not carrying around more weight as you use to. As for me my loss is 45 pounds. I should go down to the gym and get a 45 pound plate from the exercise room and put it in a back-pack and carry it around all day.—not
3. Fat cells are a mystery, if you google fat storage you will find a lot of conflicting opinions. Based on my reading this is what I think is occurring. It is a well known fact that 95% of the people gain their weight back within 5 years. Why is that? IMHO as we gain weight we add more fat cells. Those fat cells never die until we die. So now that I have reduced the storage of those fat cells, they make exercise harder in that I know when I really push myself while being pure IP, I can get miserably hungry right after, and I seem to want more food for about 2 days. Plus exercise causes the muscles to hold water, further frustrating the dieter. I think way back on the man thread in January, someone wrote his brother took a 2 week vacation from IP and gained 20 pounds! All those starving fat cells bloated up. I bet he didn't take it off in 2 weeks once he got back on IP.

4. Older people tend to loose a lot slower then younger people. At least that is what I have seen watching the "Biggest Loser"

I think there is a reason they only recommend slight stretching and walking. As a gym rat, I find that males like to pump iron and run and play sports. Females like cardio and stretching classes.

I also think the IP marketing people exaggerated the weight per week claim.

billbrown72
04-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Everybody is different...I've lost almost 30 the first month my wife has lost 12..her problem wasn't she ate bad just only ate once or twice...your body will kick in with losing more but could take a while...pay more attention to inches vs weight

billbrown72
04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
My naked weight should be in the 240's before wi Monday!!!!!!naked weight was 250.2 this morning before work...

billbrown72
04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
I am thinking of changing my goal to 200...I have a very large frame...wide in shoulders and thick in chest...in my weight lifting days I was 215 but very cut up, but that is what got me in this predicament.(herniated some disks acting a dumba$$ in gym)

billbrown72
04-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Problem is I kept eating like I did when I was lifting and instead of feeding muscles it fed the gut lol...should have paid more attention to every time wife passing me she would rub my belly and call me Buddha

afbrown2
04-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I hit one of my first goals - 50lbs. this week.. a little less than half way. Keep up the good work guys. @mpstaton, I started off avg 5/wk but have been up and down last couple weeks.. 6lbs to 2lbs. As long as you are losing, its all good.

jwdesselle
04-04-2013, 02:40 PM

Wow, this is awesome!

Doing good so far, 4 days in, less fatigued today than yesterday.

Fatigue hit me hard the first week or so, body gets used to the program, hang in there.

I never was a veggie eater so I ended up putting 4-5 cups of fresh spinach in a blender with about 16 oz water. Blend it up until it was all liquid. Then, I would either put in some Mio just to give it some flavor, or if I wanted another IP packet, I would put in the chocolate pudding. If you do the pudding, put it in last and only for a little bit, otherwise you will cause so many air bubbles it will be a little difficult to drink.

Looking awesome! :carrot: I printed a side by side photo and hung it at my desk. Kept me motivated.

I think my first week I actually lost about 9 lbs. (I still say "Wow, how much trash weight was I carrying") But then it tapered to average about 3 lbs a week. But, most important thing is that I reached my goal. You can do it. Some people are just lucky and loose it faster. I feel for all the women on this program because we men tend to loose it quicker than they do. :dizzy:

Success is Messy
04-04-2013, 06:44 PM

Wow your 52 lbs is amazing. I asked someone today, "Do you personally know anyone who has lost more than 50 lbs?" The answer for most is no. Slow and steady wins the race.

One thing I notice is I loose weight during sleep. Weighing before bed and when I get up I will drop 3 lbs most days. The more I sleep the more I loose. Robb Wolf wrote in the book "The Paleo Solution" about the hormones produced by sleep and there importance in weight loss. He suggest 9 hours a night in a completely dark room. Not even a light from an alarm clock. I find a difference in the 3 lb nightly drop when I don't get 9 hours. Just a suggestion to monitor.

Lets take a poll. Reply with your avg weekly weight loss and avg nightly sleep and let's see if there is a pattern.

5lb avg per week. 9 hours of sleep

billbrown72
04-04-2013, 06:55 PM
5-6 pounds a week...5-6 hrs sleep on average...shift work and insomnia=ambien

mpstaton
04-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the insight on rate of weight loss gentlemen. I appreciate all of the comments.

Success - The sleep thing is interesting and I will do a little extra reading on it. I do get 9 hours a night and my average is right at 3 lbs since day one, but maybe I can benefit from more darkness in the room.

knel
04-05-2013, 12:27 AM
I never was a veggie eater so I ended up putting 4-5 cups of fresh spinach in a blender with about 16 oz water. Blend it up until it was all liquid. Then, I would either put in some Mio just to give it some flavor, or if I wanted another IP packet, I would put in the chocolate pudding. If you do the pudding, put it in last and only for a little bit, otherwise you will cause so many air bubbles it will be a little difficult to drink.

Thanks for the tip I got a Nutribullet blender which was kind of expensive but works really well. I need to start blending in veggies with my packets!

First attempt at crock pot veggie soup was a failure, not enough seasoning, too much chicken broth, cooked too long :(

leadedge
04-05-2013, 12:30 AM
I am thinking of changing my goal to 200...I have a very large frame...wide in shoulders and thick in chest...in my weight lifting days I was 215 but very cut up, but that is what got me in this predicament.(herniated some disks acting a dumba$$ in gym)

Yer story is just like mine. I played HS football and rugby at a very lean 192 (6'2), decided not to play in university but instead worked out at the "unlimited" cafeteria line! It doesn't take long to screw yourself up!!

I remember watching a show about a guy who lost a ton of weight (he was like 600lbs +) then dropped to 195lbs and was the darling of the talk shows. Unfortunately, he renewed his love for "Nathan's" hot dogs and at the end of the show he had to be removed from his room using a fork lift!

If IP teaches us anything it is how to eat right and how great losing weight feels...I ain't going back to 285 that is for sure.

leadedge
04-05-2013, 12:35 AM
One thing I notice is I lose weight during sleep. Weighing before bed and when I get up I will drop 3 lbs most days. The more I sleep the more I loose. Robb Wolf wrote in the book "The Paleo Solution" about the hormones produced by sleep and there importance in weight loss. He suggest 9 hours a night in a completely dark room. Not even a light from an alarm clock. I find a difference in the 3 lb nightly drop when I don't get 9 hours. Just a suggestion to monitor.

Lets take a poll. Reply with your avg weekly weight loss and avg nightly sleep and let's see if there is a pattern.

5lb avg per week. 9 hours of sleep

That is a great point Success! I've been struggling this week and I haven't slept well at all. I do generally see a big drop (usually 2-3lbs) from my weight before bed to when I wake up.

billbrown72
04-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Right on leadedge.....naked weight 249.3 this morning

M35A2
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Friday morning WI. Staying very consistent. Week 10 down 3lbs for a total of 30 (steady 3lbs week avg). I've got 10 weeks to lose the other 23 to get to goal and before I leave for a week in ID. I figure Phase 2 will be easier to handle while away from home than P1 or P3.

Buzzard777
04-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Well I made it back from Canada and had my WI today instead of Wednesday I followed every thing on program and lot 3.5 pounds and 3 inches I was hoping for more with the extra 2 days. Sure is nice to be home and be able to fry my veggies instead of eating them cold in the car and I was craving a blended shake instead of warm pre mix. Glad to be back with my routine. I tried to order broccoli at Hard Rock in Niagara Falls and they said it was pre sugared why would they sugar it when anyone who orders veggies would be ordering for healthy reasons. Great job everyone on the losses!!!

kasamsdad
04-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Hello all, back to phase 1 yesterday after losing 40# I gained back some while in phase 4'. Time to get back with it.

knel
04-06-2013, 12:43 AM
I tried to order broccoli at Hard Rock in Niagara Falls and they said it was pre sugared why would they sugar it when anyone who orders veggies would be ordering for healthy reasons.

Welcome back home and sorry to hear about the broccoli that's crazy!

I am down 7 lbs in my first week and definitely in ketosis (got some ketostix) so I'm doing good. First weigh in is Tuesday.

Success is Messy
04-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Hello all, back to phase 1 yesterday after losing 40# I gained back some while in phase 4'. Time to get back with it.

Reboooooooting! Go get it.

kitcamper
04-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Morning Men, had 2 days down with the flu, not a fun time. Feeling better today.
WI in this morning. Down total of 63 pounds, :dance::dance::dance:should hit my half way point by next weekend. I will have to do some picture updates then.:dancer:
I am happy with my 3 pounds a week. I do extra meat each day. I look at this as a total change of lifestyle, if it takes longer. I will just be more used to eating correctly.
Everyone have a great week.:twirly:

knel
04-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Down total of 63 pounds, should hit my half way point by next weekend.

That is great news and very inspirational to me. I wish I had started earlier!

M35A2
04-06-2013, 04:51 PM
That is great news and very inspirational to me. I wish I had started earlier!

I've been a relatively slow loser at 3lbs per week so if you manage just that you'll be close to goal in 10 weeks!

I wish I'd had this diet 30 years ago and have to really stop myself from just walking up to people to tell them about it. Doubt that'd go over real well with lots of folks :)

billbrown72
04-07-2013, 04:40 AM
It's gotten where I actually look forward to getting off of work everyday to get home and look at the scale!!!!

billbrown72
04-07-2013, 04:41 AM
My wife has lost 15+ pounds to...her boobs and butt are getting smaller

cschindel
04-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Missed my WI last week cause we were outta town, but lost 11lbs in 2 weeks! I'm down 93 lbs total and getting close to my goal!

Success is Messy
04-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Missed my WI last week cause we were outta town, but lost 11lbs in 2 weeks! I'm down 93 lbs total and getting close to my goal!

That is awesome. Very inspired by your progress.

Success is Messy
04-07-2013, 07:36 PM

Well... Congrats on her weight... And sorry about your loss. :o

billbrown72
04-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Lol

GoBears60
04-08-2013, 11:36 AM
I am happy with my 3 pounds a week. I do extra meat each day. I look at this as a total change of lifestyle, if it takes longer. I will just be more used to eating correctly.
Everyone have a great week.:twirly:

My coach said if your going to cheat, cheat with protein or an extra non-restricted package.

When ever I go out of ketosis, I get a headache. So I have a built in mechanism to stay on plan.:ziplip:

knel
04-08-2013, 04:37 PM
My coach said if your going to cheat, cheat with protein or an extra non-restricted package.

When ever I go out of ketosis, I get a headache. So I have a built in mechanism to stay on plan.:ziplip:

Yes I agree on the extra meat. I am going to go to 2 meals a day at some point. I am too active for only one per day.

billbrown72
04-08-2013, 06:39 PM
wi in today...8 pounds more down

leadedge
04-08-2013, 06:47 PM
wi in today...8 pounds more down

Wow that is a huge drop this far in!!

I had a weird week last week. I was up and down in weight for the first time. I have kinda got back on track during the weekend and had a great "naked WI" of 236 this morning. I have a WI this Wednesday and if I can figure a way to break 240 I'll be thrilled! Like Kit I have been "cheating" with a bit of extra protein. My other "cheat" has been a bit of sodium reduced ketchup with my turkey burgers etc and diet dressings with my salads. I simply can't stomach the WF stuff anymore!!

kitcamper
04-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Happy Monday,
Well, guess I should clarify. I have during the work week, 2 sausage patties for breakfast, and then skip my protein drink. For lunch I usually have a salad with veggies, for dinner I cook veggies and have a bit more than 8 oz of meat. In the evening, I have restricted SW chip thingies, or the caramel bar. If I have extra protein, I skip a IP protein.
I am going with "modification" not cheating. I know that doing protein works for me, so I select it, over something that is not on the list.

I am with you on the WF salad dressing, I use them but have to kick them up a bit, you some favor, heavens even a little flavor. My favorite way to to mix the bacon ranch with green salsa, or a little soy sauce or some Tabasco.

I am NOT going to call my self a purest, but I am using IP as my main guide line, I know that this is going to be a long drawn out process, and such is how it is. I have a total of 131 pound to loose and the fact I am half way there in 14 weeks, is a total thrill for me.

Dolemite
04-09-2013, 06:23 AM
Checking in! I have been going every two weeks to my appointments now. Losing about 8-9lbs each WI so around 4-4.5 a week. I had my first stray from the diet last Friday. Wife got a job so we went to our favorite restaurant and split a salad and some falafel. I was on the verge so with the news of her new job and myself going over the 60lb loss mark I decided it was time for a small treat. Surprisingly enough I stayed in Ketosis and have been back on track ever since.

Still got a ways to go. Time to muscle through this spring/summer!

Success is Messy
04-09-2013, 07:53 AM
WI tomorrow and I may be facing my first goose egg.... No cheats, but I have battled allergies with so much pollen in Georgia. My goal was to be at 200 but naked scales say 202. This weekend will be in Miami for a convention and I was looking forward to having some of the P1 pressure off but it looks like that wont happen.
I will still be looking good on the beach!

GoBears60
04-09-2013, 10:49 AM
... if I can figure a way to break 240 I'll be thrilled! ... I simply can't stomach the WF stuff anymore!!

Last week we were both here with that same wish. Both hoping to break that 250/240 mark. Like you the Naked scale said 246 this morning. Will it be enough?

The gym at the company I work for is packed in the morning now. The reason that is important to me is I wanted to take a picture of the clunker scale. Today I moved the fifty pound weight to 200, not 250. I am a simple guy, little victories! I wanted to take a picture, but cell phone cameras in locker rooms are frowned upon, and it was packed.

Laying in bed, I felt a bump on my chest, scared me until I realized it was my sternum.

I have extra protein simply because I work out. Today Sgt Torture was extra tough on us. I can't believe I pay someone to torture me.

I can't stand the WF stuff anymore either. The wife can only stand the Blue Cheese one.

knel
04-09-2013, 12:34 PM
First WI today and I am hoping for 10 lbs but settle for 8. Doing good even with extra protein (Premier shakes from costco).

{Edit} First weigh in was 13 lbs in 10 days!

jbwray
04-09-2013, 04:43 PM
I have been monitoring for a couple weeks now. I have never dieted before. Lost weight just eating better, but it got out of control, and I am older now. Started IP on 3/22 and have had two weigh-ins. First week down 10.6, second week down 5.

I originally read the literature and was hoping for close to 7 lbs a week. I admit that I am unsure about the results. I did caloric calculations for myself, and I think I should lose 3.5 lbs a week, just via calorie deficiencies. So, it seems like I should lose more than that or this isn't really working.

This weekend I had to go to Island Park (I know, feel bad for me). But the problem was that the market there burned down, and as a result, I didn't get veggies in, but I also still didn't cheat. I also missed a packet Sunday evening.

Next WI on Thursday, but my weight loss isn't looking great this week -- maybe due to not being exact on the protocol. I expect it will be around 3-4 lbs.

Anyway, thought I would introduce myself, I'm not much for sharing personal things, usually, but I hoped someone could answer respond to some of my concerns and thoughts.

jwdesselle
04-09-2013, 04:46 PM

I am still laughing about this post, too funny.

Sorry that is happening to her. We men are lucky because Dr. Oz says that we gain an inch for every 35 lbs lost!! (Seriously, it makes sense that if you loose fat in your lower belly area something will be more visible down there) :dizzy:

M35A2
04-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I have been monitoring for a couple weeks now. I have never dieted before. Lost weight just eating better, but it got out of control, and I am older now. Started IP on 3/22 and have had two weigh-ins. First week down 10.6, second week down 5.

I originally read the literature and was hoping for close to 7 lbs a week. I admit that I am unsure about the results. =

You're at 7.8lbs a week right now (you average the loss). They've been revising their literature so the old "3-7lbs a week" is no longer touted by IP. If you stick to the protocol it will work but weight loss is not linear so don't expect a steady decline of x-lbs per week. You might not lose anything one week but have a drop in inches which still equates to a loss. Try not to focus too much on a scale number and just let the program work for you.

Welcome to the Men's Club.

M35A2
04-09-2013, 05:19 PM
We men are lucky because Dr. Oz says that we gain an inch for every 35 lbs lost!! (Seriously, it makes sense that if you loose fat in your lower belly area something will be more visible down there) :dizzy:

I'd always heard it was for every 20lbs lost. I feel robbed now!

Buzzard777
04-09-2013, 08:11 PM
I also cannot stomach wf products. I came up with a recipe that I eat alot and it covers my veggies protein and oil for the evening and I love the taste. Here it is:
8oz ground beef, 1cup mushrooms, 1 cup red cabbage, few shakes mrs dash herb & garlic,
2 tbl spoons lite soy sauce, grapeseed oil, splash of spiracha hot chili sauce, 1/2 cup yellow mustard, 4 tbl spoons minced garlic, 1 egg, 6 fresh rosemary leaves, sea salt. Fry the burger in pan add all other ingredients when burger is done fry on medium 30 minutes covered and you have yourself a meal or double it and you have dinner for 2.

Success is Messy
04-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Ok so I was complaining about no drop all week on the scales. This morning I was down 2.5 pounds to 200 flat. My body is so weird...

This means I am a BM away from Onederland!

Buzzard777
04-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Ok so I was complaining about no drop all week on the scales. This morning I was down 2.5 pounds to 200 flat. My body is so weird...

This means I am a BM away from Onederland!

Get to the restroom!! Congratulations on the 2.5!

Success is Messy
04-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Official weigh in....201 so close.
19.5 body fat %
Moved to P2 for a week due to a traveling weekend.
Official Onederland will wait.

Chaz7887
04-10-2013, 07:48 PM
So, haven't been on in a while, had a WI last Friday and was down to 259. Been dropping more after taking my coaches suggestion to eat 4 proteins a day. Naked scale this morning said 250.8. Have a WI tomorrow. Probably two weeks away from the 240s. Now, I am running out of ideas for breakfast. The omelets are getting old. Ideas?

knel
04-10-2013, 07:54 PM
For breakfast I have been doing veggie purees with the soup packets, basically you either roast or boil the veggies some in advance and then mix with broth.

There is a good thread here on veggie purees otherwise I would have trouble getting all of my veggies.

My other breakfast is one of the patty packets with a few links of turkey sausage.

Success is Messy
04-11-2013, 07:52 AM
199.8 naked Scale!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

jwdesselle
04-11-2013, 09:12 AM
199.8 naked Scale!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

AWESOME

So, haven't been on in a while, had a WI last Friday and was down to 259. Been dropping more after taking my coaches suggestion to eat 4 proteins a day. Naked scale this morning said 250.8. Have a WI tomorrow. Probably two weeks away from the 240s. Now, I am running out of ideas for breakfast. The omelets are getting old. Ideas?

Since I am SO NOT a morning person, my 6 or so months on Phase I found me drinking the RTD Chocolate Drink. I got to start each day feeling like I was cheating because they are so good. Then I would get to work and go buy two boiled eggs and only eat the whites.

GoBears60
04-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Attention, Attention! With great pleasure I am happy to report that I weigh fewer than 250! As in under two hundred and fifty pounds! I have been up to 300 pounds twice and never got below 238. I held below 260 for four years, tore cafe muscle training for my 3rd marathon in 2008 and I have never been the same since that injury. The ravages of age and running (running kills everything in the body but appetite) I can no longer exercise the excess weight off. This time it has to be a complete life style change.

Thanks for listening!

Now if Leadedge comes in under 240 we need to party! Seltzer water on me!
Don

M35A2
04-11-2013, 10:10 AM

I don't think I have a bottle that'll shoot that far.

Seriously, congratulations! Milestones are some of what makes this more doable.

GoBears60
04-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Phase 2 is for the last 10% of your weight loss goal.

So what do you do multiply your goal weight (230 for me) add 23 pounds to that (252) and start Phase2?:?:

M35A2
04-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Phase 2 is for the last 10% of your weight loss goal.

So what do you do multiply your goal weight (230 for me) add 23 pounds to that (252) and start Phase2?:?:

My coach said that P1 is for all the weight loss. You'll lose a little more on P2 and P3 but you're going to gain glycogen back on P4 so you need a little wiggle room. Still in your instance I think they mean 10% of the amount of weight you wanted to lose not 10% of your final weight. So if you wanted to lose 40lbs you'd have 4lbs left in P2 to lose.

leadedge
04-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Attention, Attention! With great pleasure I am happy to report that I weigh fewer than 250! As in under two hundred and fifty pounds! I have been up to 300 pounds twice and never got below 238. I held below 260 for four years, tore cafe muscle training for my 3rd marathon in 2008 and I have never been the same since that injury. The ravages of age and running (running kills everything in the body but appetite) I can no longer exercise the excess weight off. This time it has to be a complete life style change.

Thanks for listening!

Don

Congrats, Bears!!!! Now to put a downer on things...WI Wednesday and I didn't lose an ounce. I've hit a bit of a funk right now. I'm not cheating really but I haven't been sticking to IP protocol either. I am trying some different stuff and it obviously ain't working. I've got to pull my sh*t together, get back on the protocol and get to the goal!! The compliments are way up right now so that is making me feel good but I've got to get to 220!! Naked weight this morning was 237 so if I can get below 235 by Monday (regular WI day) I should break into "twothirtyderland"!

leadedge
04-11-2013, 06:05 PM
...not to mention I was more blocked up then the Hoover Dam before the WI!

jbwray
04-11-2013, 07:04 PM
3rd WI today. Ended up down 5 lbs. I thought it could be worse because I missed veggies over the weekend, but that's decent. Down 1/5 of what I want to lose -- now I just hope for the same amount or better the rest of the way, and I will be done in 12 weeks! :)

Success is Messy
04-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Come on Big T! Get your **** together and get done with this. You are to close to goal to screw around, that's like putting in a set of points on the bug and not setting them with a gauge!

leadedge
04-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Come on Big T! Get your **** together and get done with this. You are to close to goal to screw around, that's like putting in a set of points on the bug and not setting them with a gauge!

Thanks for the push! ...and reminding me what I have to do next week (your analogy)!! :D

Success is Messy
04-12-2013, 08:04 AM
The old guys on here are are saying OMG points.
The young guys are saying what are points?

M35A2
04-12-2013, 08:27 AM
The old guys on here are are saying OMG points.
The young guys are saying what are points?

Yeah I went to a parts store and asked for a set of points and condensor. The kid found the points all right but then started looking in the air conditioner section for the condensor. Didn't help that he was born after the last set of points was put in a car.

M35A2
04-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Friday WI -1. Kind of blows my 3lb a week avg but a loss is a loss. I'm thinking the addition of MIO and some other MIO-like products this week sabotaged me. In to the trash. Lost some inches as well so it wasn't a complete kick in the rear.

The new week starts NOW and it will be AWESOME!

kitcamper
04-13-2013, 03:13 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
WI in this morning, down total 68 pounds.
Finally made it to past the HALF WAY point.
Physical was yesterday, the doctor was so thrilled he gave me a big hug.
Won't get my blood work, till next week. In a few more pounds the Dr. said we should be able stop the blood pressure medication.
Another 10 pounds and I should be into my stack of 38 waist pants, Down from a tight 46.
The big 55 was last week, feeling great, better than I have in the last 10 years.

Everyone hang in there, stick with what is working for you and CHARGE ON!!!! Better yet CHARGE DOWN...
:dancer:

GoBears60
04-13-2013, 10:04 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
WI in this morning, down total 68 pounds.
Finally made it to past the HALF WAY point.
Physical was yesterday, the doctor was so thrilled he gave me a big hug.
Won't get my blood work, till next week. In a few more pounds the Dr. said we should be able stop the blood pressure medication.
Another 10 pounds and I should be into my stack of 38 waist pants, Down from a tight 46.
The big 55 was last week, feeling great, better than I have in the last 10 years.

Everyone hang in there, stick with what is working for you and CHARGE ON!!!! Better yet CHARGE DOWN...
:dancer:

Way to go Billie. I am thrilled that the vast majority of us have stuck with it. Fitting in 38 waist pants? Wow I am finding my 42’s are very lose, and looking forward to 38s myself.

Again, Congratulations!

mpstaton
04-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Way to go guys.....I'm stuck in the 250's, but it's very encouraging to see your successes. I'm going to try drinking more water, even though I am already doing around 100 oz per day.

cschindel
04-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Lost 6# this week to take me to 211 and 99 total. Was really surprised by the big loss the last three weeks(17lbs). Only thing I've done different is switch my restricted from my bed time snack to my afternoon snack instead. I'd been eating the same things at the same times since September and my coach thought a little change like that could help and it has ! I'm surprised about how successful I have been, promised my wife I'd do it with her for a month and 7 months later I'm still doing it. She got knocked up and had to quit 6 weeks in so I watch her enjoy lots of carbs and stayed on track! Although I enjoyed telling her today that I weigh less than her :)

cschindel
04-13-2013, 10:29 PM
My coach said that P1 is for all the weight loss. You'll lose a little more on P2 and P3 but you're going to gain glycogen back on P4 so you need a little wiggle room. Still in your instance I think they mean 10% of the amount of weight you wanted to lose not 10% of your final weight. So if you wanted to lose 40lbs you'd have 4lbs left in P2 to lose.

My coach put me on phase 2 for the whole time, she said she wanted me to have extra protein so I would keep my muscle. It's taken me a bit longer to lose but I enjoy having the extra meat for lunch, without it I may have quit a long time ago.