40-Somethings - Mother's Day Challenge

View Full Version : Mother's Day Challenge

anewbody2013
03-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Starting today will be 55 days til Mother's Day:) I didn't see a challenge posted yet and wanted to see if anyone had any goals to or on that day. I will be taking family photos around that time and would love to have some weight loss before then.

Anyone else? Plans/goals?

amandie
03-19-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm in!!! I think I would like to aim for 10lbs gone by then.

SW/CW- 169
GW- 159

Additional goal(s)- Stay on plan. No alcohol of any kind. Exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.

anewbody2013
03-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Awesome! I think that should be achievable:) Good luck!

Moondance
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Ooo, yes, I'm totally in. I have an audition that day and want to be 10 pounds lighter than I am now. That's my goal.

amandie
03-20-2013, 03:46 AM
I failed on the alcohol part tonight when I went to play darts for a league tonight. 3 woodchuck ciders tonight, 600 cals altogether! I enjoyed myself tonight though but I want to get serious and stop drinking.. at least after I Mother's Day because it definitely messes with my progress.

I need to do 30 minutes on the elliptical tomorrow to lessen the "damage" done.

Moondance- Totally doable! You can do it!

anewbody2013
03-20-2013, 04:49 AM
Ooo, yes, I'm totally in. I have an audition that day and want to be 10 pounds lighter than I am now. That's my goal.

Welcome moondance! I hope you are able to achieve your 10 pounds loss! But I am sure you can:)

anewbody2013
03-20-2013, 04:51 AM
I failed on the alcohol part tonight when I went to play darts for a league tonight. 3 woodchuck ciders tonight, 600 cals altogether! I enjoyed myself tonight though but I want to get serious and stop drinking.. at least after I Mother's Day because it definitely messes with my progress.

I need to do 30 minutes on the elliptical tomorrow to lessen the "damage" done.

Moondance- Totally doable! You can do it!

Well at least you had fun! And I am the same way, if I consume something way over the day before, the next day I would work hard to try and corral the damage.

Crow
03-20-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm in for 10lbs gone by then too.

SW: 172.5
GW: 162.5

amandie, I think we need treats sometimes to keep the motivation up -- I know that if I completely deprive myself I'll cave within days, but if I allow myself the occasional treat I can usually stick to the plan.

Moondance, best of luck with the audition! What are you auditioning for?

anewbody, do you have a set goal or are you just aiming to lose as much as possible?

anewbody2013
03-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Crow, I am trying to take off whatever I can by then! Lol so be it being 15 pounds:) Good luck to you!

Moondance
03-20-2013, 11:02 AM
So far, so good! Had a really good day yesterday as a matter of fact. I didn't even have chocolate! :yikes::eek: I also started weight lifting as part of my exercise regime. I've been doing strictly treadmill or elliptical for 2.5 months. I felt it was time to mix things up, tone things up, and boost my metabolism a little. One discovery...boy am I weak! :wl:

We're a small group here (which I like) so good luck to us all! Stay strong and on-plan!:cp::grouphug:

Crow, I'm auditioning for the part of Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd.

anewbody2013
03-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Moondance, crossing fingers for you on that part:)

I will be getting back into weight training today as well. Been doing alot of cardio mostly and I will blend in the exercises as well. Is the part like in a play?

IanG
03-20-2013, 02:28 PM
I want to reach my mini-goal by then (225lbs). So count me in!

I'm aiming big to get small.

anewbody2013
03-20-2013, 04:06 PM
I want to reach my mini-goal by then (225lbs). So count me in!

I'm aiming big to get small.

Welcome! And I like the quote aim big to get small:D

Moondance
03-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Is the part like in a play?

It's a musical. Johnny Depp was the lead in the movie a year ago or so. Lots of clips on YouTube. Helena Bonham Carter plays Mrs. Lovett in the movie. Angela Lansbury originated the roll on Broadway.

amandie
03-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks, guys. I need to remember not to be too hard on myself. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical today so I feel a little better now. :)

Welcome, Crow and IanG (love the quote too, Ian!) Good luck with your goals, both of you!

Moondance- That sounds awesome. I wish you the best of luck with the audition for the role of Ms. Lovett! I love lifting and it does suck to realize how weak you are like I did, lol. Luckily we can build our strength the more we do it. :D I need to get back to lifting soon!

I made some really yummy (dark) chocolate muffins (http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/06/low-calorie-triple-chocolate-chunk.html) last night for boyfriend and my niece who was spending the night, a regular sized muffin is about 64 calories each by my calculations. I would process the oats into flour before adding the rest of the ingredients to prevent tough muffins. Luckily, I have been practicing good willpower with these things, it also helps that I gave away almost half of them, lol.

anewbody2013
03-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Chocolate muffins......were they good?

amandie
03-21-2013, 12:41 AM
anewbody- I thought they were good. My niece liked them too and she is a very picky eater! It isn't as dense as I thought it would be (I may have fudged up on the measurements of the eggs since I only had egg beaters and put in a little too much hence it being a bit light, the mixture was kinda runny) and pretty moist/crumbly, though the crumbly issue goes away the next day once it sets.

I am seriously thinking about using this recipe as a round layered cake instead of muffins for mother's day, probably going with my mom's favorite- black forest cake but with whipped dream whip/cream cheese mixture for frosting instead since that is what she prefers. Hmm! :)

Crow
03-21-2013, 04:04 AM
Moondance, best of luck with the audition, it sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun. As for the weights, that's my favourite form of exercise. I find it much more satisfying than cardio.

anewbody, as much as possible is a great goal! I bet you make that 15lbs.

amandie, it's a while since we made chocolate muffins; I think we're due a batch.

IanG, I love the satisfaction of making those mini-goals. There's no better motivator.

It's my dad's birthday today, so we're going to visit with my parents. That means huge portions of yummy, unhealthy food and a sad face if I don't clear my plate. Wish me luck balancing between staying on plan and keeping my parents happy.

anewbody2013
03-21-2013, 07:29 AM
anewbody- I thought they were good. My niece liked them too and she is a very picky eater! It isn't as dense as I thought it would be (I may have fudged up on the measurements of the eggs since I only had egg beaters and put in a little too much hence it being a bit light, the mixture was kinda runny) and pretty moist/crumbly, though the crumbly issue goes away the next day once it sets.

I am seriously thinking about using this recipe as a round layered cake instead of muffins for mother's day, probably going with my mom's favorite- black forest cake but with whipped dream whip/cream cheese mixture for frosting instead since that is what she prefers. Hmm! :)
I have heard of people using different versions of making cake so it is more healthy than the original recipes. I think doing things like this can help a dieter stay on track without having to stay completely away from snacks:)

anewbody2013
03-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Moondance, best of luck with the audition, it sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun. As for the weights, that's my favourite form of exercise. I find it much more satisfying than cardio.

anewbody, as much as possible is a great goal! I bet you make that 15lbs.

amandie, it's a while since we made chocolate muffins; I think we're due a batch.

IanG, I love the satisfaction of making those mini-goals. There's no better motivator.

It's my dad's birthday today, so we're going to visit with my parents. That means huge portions of yummy, unhealthy food and a sad face if I don't clear my plate. Wish me luck balancing between staying on plan and keeping my parents happy.

I KNOW exactly how frustrating those family dinners can be. Not ONLY are there good eats, BUT you also don't want to offend anyone by not partaking in certain foods. I hope the dinner goes well for you:)

Moondance
03-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Yahoo...scale said 189 this morning...down another 2#!! It's not official though...that comes on Monday. I've got to maintain the loss over the weekend. I sure hope it sticks!!

amandie: Mmmm...chocolate muffins. Good job on the willpower to not overdo it. Don't know that I could be that good! Sounds like a good idea for a cake too. Let us know how it turns out.

IanG: I'm aiming big to get small! Love it! Go big or go home, right?

Crow: How did dinner go? Those kinds of situations can be so tricky!

anewbody2013: Hope you're having a great day!

anewbody2013
03-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Yahoo...scale said 189 this morning...down another 2#!! It's not official though...that comes on Monday. I've got to maintain the loss over the weekend. I sure hope it sticks!!

amandie: Mmmm...chocolate muffins. Good job on the willpower to not overdo it. Don't know that I could be that good! Sounds like a good idea for a cake too. Let us know how it turns out.

IanG: I'm aiming big to get small! Love it! Go big or go home, right?

Crow: How did dinner go? Those kinds of situations can be so tricky!

anewbody2013: Hope you're having a great day!

Wooooohooooo! Congrats on your loss and OUT of the 190s! :carrot: My weigh in is tomorrow and I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Capecoddieter
03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Is a national program that encourages all women to take time for themselves and focus on their health. I am following their training program in addition to my Ideal Protein Diet. I turn 40 in May and want to be proud of the Mommy in the pictures! For novice runners this is a great way to get started. You do not to be entered in an event to access the training schedule - you cando it on your own! Though I must say I will be registering for the event (you can do the run in your own town with friends or alone) because I think the t-shirt should be seen by all!:carrot:

Beewidget
03-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Is it too late to join?

Campana
03-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Hello girls hope it is ok I join. Considering that Mother's Day is 7 weeks away I challenge myself to loose 15 lbs by then.

How I plan to get there:
Drinking 2lts of water daily.
Walking at least 30 min 3 times a workweek
Going on a hike with my family every weekend at least a 2hrs
Having a salad as dinner at least 2 nights a work week

anewbody2013
03-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Is it too late to join?

Welcome! No its not too late. Anyone is welcome anytime, we just gathered to chit chat really til Mother's Day. Lol and in the meantime working out!

Glad you joined us Cam. And looks like you already have a plan in place:)

Moondance not yet, still in bed actually....lol getting these lazy bones up right now : p

Moondance
03-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Welcome Campana! Nope, not too late.

SPAM! Ignore the posts from Capecoddieter

anewbody2013: How did your weigh-in go?

How is everyone else? Check-in!!

anewbody2013
03-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Finally got on the scale 186.8. My major goal is to be ready for summer. I don't want to be wearing sweatpants this year.....

Crow
03-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Moondance and anewbody, you're both doing so well!! Seeing you both is motivating me to keep on plan.

Campana, looks like you have a great plan to keep you on track. The combination of salads for dinner and family hikes sounds really great to me.

Me, I survived the family dinner without going too badly off-plan. I managed to limit my portion size of the very tasty food and appeased family by taking home leftovers. It was a great visit!

anewbody2013
03-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Moondance and anewbody, you're both doing so well!! Seeing you both is motivating me to keep on plan.

Campana, looks like you have a great plan to keep you on track. The combination of salads for dinner and family hikes sounds really great to me.

Me, I survived the family dinner without going too badly off-plan. I managed to limit my portion size of the very tasty food and appeased family by taking home leftovers. It was a great visit!

Glad your visit went well! Too acheived two goals with one visit:carrot:

Beewidget
03-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Yay! So here are my goals:
keep up with the C25K training,
lose 15 pounds,
increase my water to at least 8 glasses a day while cutting out diet coke.

Excited to get started!

amandie
03-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Way to go, Moondance and Anewbody!

Crow- Glad to hear you were able to enjoy your visit as well as not doing too much damage!

Welcome, Beewidget and Campana! Wish you both best of luck with your goals! Totally doable!!

Beewidget- How do you like the C25K program? I have been wanting to do it but no treadmill nor a safe area to walk around my neighborhood (no sidewalks at all, bit scary for me being that I cannot hear at all.) Maybe I need to stop making excuses and join a gym or invest in a treadmill??

Happy Friday, all!! I think I am retaining water and still some of the TOM weight because I'm hovering between 169 to 171, ugh! Ohh, I forgot I also worked out on Wednesday for the first time in a long time and you tend to hold a bit of water to help with the muscles when first starting up (again) or so I hear, lol. I will not stress too much about it because I am/have been still on plan and everything, it WILL come off! Thinking I will do 15-30 minutes on the elliptical today. After all, I made a personal goal to start working out at least 3 times a week and I need to stick to it!

Have a great OP weekend, everyone!

anewbody2013
03-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Isn't water retention terrible....

IanG
03-22-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm on track...

anewbody2013
03-23-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm on track...

Good good! Now enjoy your weekend

trukmek
03-23-2013, 12:45 PM
anewbody...yes it is! I retain so easily, and find that seafood makes it worse. I finally lost all the fluid I had retained a week ago...just in time for TOM to put it back on (go figure!) I retain mine in the gut, which makes my already big tummy look pregnant! UGH!

amandie
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
I totally get you, trukmek!!! I am finally back down to 169 this morning after TOM but I think/hope I am still retaining water thanks to the dinners from Wednesday and Thursday evenings. I have been eating less salty food and drinking a bit more water than usual so hopefully, I will have a "whoosh" come next weigh-in but I will just be happy to see 168 and below!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

Campana
03-25-2013, 03:53 AM
Hello everyone just wanted to check in. I had a wonderful hike ith my family this weekend going to keep up the good work and continue with my goal

Crow
03-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Welcome, Beewidget, and best of luck with your goals. Sounds like you have a pretty good plan.

Campana,I love family hikes. I'm glad yours went well.

trukmek and amandie, I find the TOM water weight very hard to beat. Fortunately I don't have to worry about that right now seeing as I'm still breastfeeding LittleMan. It isn't much now he's mostly eating solids, but it's enough to keep TOM away.

Me, I had an emotional situation yesterday (not even a major one), and I reacted to it by making very bad food choices. It's my first real slip since Christmas and I'm very disappointed in myself.

I've decided that instead of beating myself up I'll use it as an incentive to up my exercise level this week. I might not be able to work off every calorie but it's a good incentive to try.

Hope everybody else's weekend was better than mine.

IanG
03-25-2013, 08:11 AM
I am going to smash this one.

Beewidget
03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Good Morning! Snow here is MD, schools are closed....

Amandie- I have a C25K app on my phone. It's pretty easy to follow. You only do it 3 days a week. I've just completed week one. 5 minute warm up, then 1.5 minutes wakling and 1 minute jogging for 20 minutes, finish up with a 5 minute cool down. So thirty munites total. Wasn't too bad. We'll see what week 2 brings tomorrow.

Crow-I do the same thing all the time with food. Make bad choices then beat myself up over it. A bad cycle that has lead to all this extra weight.

Did pretty good staying OP this weekend. Went out for pizza yesterday for lunch, but ate a salad first and only had one slice. And I was pretty content with that.

Hope everyone has a great week.

NEMom
03-25-2013, 10:47 AM
I am a bit late to the game, which is normal for me. lol.
I would like to be 160 by Mother's Day. Big goal for me but I got to get something going.

Amandie & Beewidget - I have been doing the C25K program for the past 6 weeks or so. I made it to week 6 but decided to bump back down to week 5 because it was so hard to run the 25 minutes straight. I decided to take it a little slower than the program. It is tough to jump to those 25 straight minute runs, for me anyway.

Moondance - Good luck on your auditions.

Okay, lots of water today. Keep calories around 1300 per day and no alcohol until the weekend. I can do it.

Campana
03-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Beewidget the choices you made while going out to eat we're excellent glad to hear you stayed in plan

Iang that is the spirit today we will ALL do good

NEMom what is that C25 program you are doing please share the info. Your goal seams reasonable and you WILL achieve it.

Everyone have an awesome day we can all do this

Moondance
03-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Well, I was right...the 189 was a short stay. I'm sure the Chinese food I had yesterday is making me retain water. Oh well. At least I didn't gain but stayed at my 191.

Crow: WTG on the family dinner. It feels good to have control, doesn't it?

Beewidget: "Cut out the diet coke" GREAT goal!! I too am a big soda drinker. I've cut way back and feel better for it. Can't quite give up the bubbly, but instead of name-brand pop, I'm drinking store brand flavored sparkling water. Less chemicals, no caffeine. I just can't drink plain water, so this is my compromise. Good luck with the C25K. Sounds like you're off to a great start!

amandie: You've got a great attitude! You're right...stick to plan and everything will come off!

IanG: WooHoo to staying on track! :carrot:

NEMom: You can do it! You know what to do...so do it! ;)

Campana: Hope you're having a great, OP day!

anewbody2013
03-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Welcome all the new:) we have snow on the ground here too and it's still snowing. Was headed to the gym, but will do couple videos here at the house. I don't normally drive in the snow. Hope everyone weekend was a good one!

Moondance
03-27-2013, 04:09 PM
How is everyone doing, working towards their goal?

Keep that goal in mind!

Make good food choices :hungry:
Get on your feet and move :running:
If you're mad, let it out :tantrum:
Find something to laugh about :joker:
Journal if it helps :write:
Remember it's ok to be a little crazy :crazy:
Give thanks when appropriate :thanks:
Love yourself! :love::val1:

anewbody2013
03-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Thank you so much Moondance for the great advice!

Awesome!

I am still on track, just been extremely busy with "life" in general...LOL But still working out. Won't be weighing in Friday, but Sunday instead BEFORE Easter dinner....Doing the Atkins so will have plenty of proteins to choose from (still in induction stage).

Good luck to everyone!!!

firegirl441
03-28-2013, 12:54 AM
I would like to join in! My goal is to be down to 175 by then. I don't know if that is realistic since I have having pelvic mesh removal and vaginal and bladder repair surgery done on April 23rd. I hope to reach 175 by then and just keep it off the month or so I recover until I can begin exercising at the pool again and following the plan exactly again. I really hope to get my last remaining 19 lbs off by July 8th so that I will be at goal weight on my 49th birthday.

anewbody2013
03-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Welcome firegirl. I think your goal is obtainable. If not any loss is a good loss. I hope your surgery goes well and you are quickly back on your feet.

amandie
03-28-2013, 02:01 AM
:welcome: Firegirl! I saw your post re: your upcoming surgery on another thread- forget which one it was. Best of luck with your goals!

Love your post, Moondance! Thanks!

Anewbody- Good idea on the WI! Maybe I will do the same if we are having ham this Easter.

I have been busy with "life" too, lol. I weighed in at :carrot: 167.8 :carrot: the other day, yay, water weight gone! Definitely motivates me to keep going and stay on track. 170lbs is the lowest I have been since 16 years old so this is new territory for me as an adult (27 now.) I just need to start working on the exercise part, lol. I wanna be fit! I just signed up on fitocracy when another member recommended it. I love the idea of earning achievements and leveling up so I am hoping that will help me to keep up with workouts. :crossed:

I am looking forward to my deviled eggs and dill mustard potato salad this weekend- I always make it every Easter. Hmm!!

Hope everyone is doing great this week!!

Beewidget
03-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Woo hoo! Down 5.4 this week. So that will help keep me motivated for the next week. Keeping up with the C25K program, W2D2 tonight. Drinking lots of water and staying away from the soda.

Great post Moondance!

Good luck Firegirl.

Moondance
03-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Happy Thursday! :D

Still no movement on the scale. As a reward for 10 lbs lost, I had a 20 minute massage yesterday (someone comes to my work...20 min for $18!). Holy cow were my muscles sore over night. Woke up at 2:30 am with raging migraine that still hasn't completely gone away. I'm drugged up pretty good so I can function, but it's making me re-think massages as a reward. :lol: I'm sure the fact that I've recently started a weight lifting program added to the muscle soreness, but geeze! :workout:

anewbody2013: Glad to hear you're working out through your busy life. That's what it's all about, right? Creating a lifestyle that includes taking care of yourself! Enjoy that Easter dinner!

firegirl441: Sorry to hear about the surgery! Is that related to the ad I've seen on TV...I thinks it's a class action lawsuit against the vaginal mesh...or something like that. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery!!

amandie: Hooray for water weight being gone!!! I understand how hard it is to work exercise into your daily routine, especially if you haven't found an activity that keeps you interested and motivated. I hope this program works for you. Mmmm...that potato salad recipe sounds yummy! Enjoy!

Beewidget: WOW! That's a huge whoosh! Congrats!! Great job on the C25K...what is W2D2?

Hope everyone else has a great day!!

firegirl441
03-28-2013, 12:28 PM
170lbs is the lowest I have been since 16 years old so this is new territory for me as an adult (27 now.) :crossed:

Congrats on making that big milestone! You are doing great following your plan. I hope you find an exercise you enjoy doing.

Congrats Beewidgeton the 5.4 lb loss. You are doing great! :carrot:

moondance, sorry to hear that the scales haven't moved. I bought new scales and they moved in the wrong direction the last two days. I have followed the Atkins plan exactly. I go for weigh-in at MRC this morning. I hope my new scales are just wrong. Yes, what you hear on TV really does happen to some people like me. It has actually torn what I consider "valuable" tissue in that area, if you know what I mean. It also didn't hold my bladder up. So out is goes. The doc is going to try and tack my bladder up the way they did it waaaaaay back when.

Hugs to all for a Happy Thursday! :hug::hug::hug:

amandie
03-29-2013, 05:24 AM
Thanks, Firegirl! How did your weigh-in @ MRC go?

Beewidget- Congrats on your awesome loss this week!

Moondance- The massages sound lovely but boo migraines!! You know, I've never gotten a massage by a professional. Maybe I will add that to one of mine and see how I like it. That sucks about no scale movement yet but I am thinking that could be due to your lifting program that you just started.

Hope everyone had a good day! Happy Friday, all!

trukmek
03-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Moondance...ugh on the migraine (I have one this morning). Maybe just a foot massage next time? My daughter got a full body massage, 1 hour, and she was sore afterward...but said she felt good too.

Beewidget...congrats on the weight loss.

Firegirl...good luck on accomplishing your goal and hope the surgery fixes things right for you.

Amandi...WTG on the weigh in! You are doing great!

I'm trying to figure out what to bring to the family Easter get-together tomorrow. My mom is bringing a veggie platter, so I think I will bring tri tip. Only question is, should I cook it tonight in my rotisserie and then we can just eat it cold tomorrow, or hope that my uncle will cook it on the BBQ tomorrow for us (I will share with everyone else) They are going to have hot dogs and sausages otherwise...too fatty and too much sodium for me!

Kristy

amandie
03-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Kristy- Ooh, I don't know. Sorry if this is too late but is there anyway you can ask your uncle in advance if he minds cooking it on the BBQ then go from there? Tri-tip sounds good! I like your idea of foot massage, I think I would like that better than a back or a full-body massage. Have fun at your get-together today!

amandie
03-31-2013, 01:11 PM
166.0 right on the nose today!!! Hope everyone is having a great day today!!

I am making deviled eggs and dill potato salad along with glazed ham and some veggies (I haven't decided yet on what I want to make.)

anewbody2013
04-01-2013, 06:47 AM
Great loss everyone! We are at 42 days now, whew the days are ticking away. Glad another holiday has past and now can hopefully get through April without any hicks ups....lol Good luck girls to a new month well into May!

Crow
04-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Everybody seems to be sticking to the plan -- we're all going to look fantastic by Mother's Day!

I'm down a little today to 168.5, which makes me happy. I allowed myself a small portion of Easter chocolate yesterday the left it alone, and cooked steaks for dinner. That made the family happy, plus I could have a small piece of meat, no potatoes and plenty of good, healthy veggies. Happy families all round.

amandie
04-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Crow- Mmm, steak! Sounds like you had a nice Easter!

Anewbody- I'm happy for no upcoming holidays! Looking forward to warmer weather, that's for sure. Let's have a great month!

I am still 166.0 this morning and that is after grazing all day yesterday, 3 alcoholic beverages (drank a bottle of water after each) and nearly 2 slices of pistachio cake. I made sure to have a huge green smoothie before I went to visit my dad so I wouldn't be tempted too much. I think I did pretty good. :carrot:

Moondance
04-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Hey everyone! Stuggling-struggling-struggling. But still hanging in there.

Moondance
04-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Happy Tuesday! :D
I find it interesting that yesterday I felt out of control and like I was failing. This morning...a 2 pound loss. Go figure.

I'm realizing that for a goal set out in the future like this it can be hard to keep up the enthusiasm. I have to keep reminding myself what I'm working towards. It's a good exercise in perseverance and commitment.

Hope you're all hanging in there...not too many are posting.

Crow
04-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Amandie, I think you did really well --and the pistachio cake sounds very tasty. I'd like to try that. I also need to allow myself treats every so often if I'm to stay on plan -- going cold turkey makes me feel deprived, which sets off some very unhealthy eating in me.

Moondance, yay for that 2lb loss just when you needed some motivation. You should be proud that you didn't slip off the wagon when you felt yourself struggling; that's far too easy to do.

I keep myself motivated by having more than one goal at a time. For example, I aim to lose at least 1lb a week, at least 5lbs a month, 10lbs by Mother's Day and 20lbs by Independence day. Each one feeds into the next, and all the positive reinforcement keeps me really motivated. I take part in the 5lb challenges as well, though I lose too slow to ever be likely to win one.

determinedat50
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
I'd like to join the Mother's Day challenge. My goal is 7 pounds. My daughter turns 21 that week, so I'd like less of me to show up in the photos.

anewbody2013
04-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Welcome determined....Moondance great on the loss!

I am back up again...I allow Easter to get at me, but I am back on track today. 40 days til Mother's day :p

firegirl441
04-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Congrats Moondance on the 2 lb loss! That should boost your motivation back up.

Welcome determinedat50! We are always glad to welcome new losers to our thread. I feel sure with your determination and motivation you will reach your goal by your daughter's special birthday. What plan are you following? Do you have any exercise plans?

I am out-of-town at my pain doc's today for my appointment. I got on the new medical scales DH bought me yesterday and I was down to 181.5. Of course, I weighed after pottying and in my birthday suite. I hope that we have the scales set correctly and I show a good loss at weigh-in on Thursday. I still can't understand that 3 lb gain last week after I stayed on plan so well. The only thing I can figure is I didn't exercise. I don't know if that will make a difference, but that is the only thing that changed.

anewbody2013
04-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Congrats Moondance on the 2 lb loss! That should boost your motivation back up.

Welcome determinedat50! We are always glad to welcome new losers to our thread. I feel sure with your determination and motivation you will reach your goal by your daughter's special birthday. What plan are you following? Do you have any exercise plans?

I am out-of-town at my pain doc's today for my appointment. I got on the new medical scales DH bought me yesterday and I was down to 181.5. Of course, I weighed after pottying and in my birthday suite. I hope that we have the scales set correctly and I show a good loss at weigh-in on Thursday. I still can't understand that 3 lb gain last week after I stayed on plan so well. The only thing I can figure is I didn't exercise. I don't know if that will make a difference, but that is the only thing that changed.

You should be able to rid the 3 lbs in no time!

amandie
04-03-2013, 01:38 AM
Moondance- Way to go on the 2lbs!!!

Anewbody- I am up a bit too but back on track! We got this. :)

Firegirl- These 3lbs will be gone in no time.

Crow- Pistachio pudding cake is really good and easy! One yellow cake dry mix with one small box of pistachio pudding dry mix blended together, make as instructed on box but use lemon lime soda (can add lemon and lime juice to club soda if you prefer) instead of water and one extra egg. Pistachio pudding frosting- one packet dream whip and one small box of pistachio pudding with 1 1/2 cup milk, mix until stiff peaks form. That's it.

I am the same way with goals, I need more than one to keep going and etc. :)

:welcome:, Determined@50! You totally can do 7lbs! Doing anything (ultra-)special for her 21st?

I am still on track with food and chugging along!!! Hope everyone else is doing great!

anewbody2013
04-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks Amandie! You are right, we can do this! Yesterday walked/run 4 miles and 30 mins central. The scale this morning said 1 pound gone....wooohooooo I will take that :)

Moondance
04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Happy Wednesday! :D

Getting ready for a trip is a be-yach. I worked 12 hours at my desk and another hour at home. No exercise whatsoever. However, I know I'll be doing a lot of walking later this week and I'm determined to do some lifting today, so I'm good.

After today, I'll be out of pocket until next week. But I'm not using my trip as an excuse to go off-plan. I'll do the best I can to make good decisions the whole time. I really want to make my goal!

anewbody2013: Keep up the hard work! :running:

amandie: Glad to know you're still on track! :cheer3:

firegirl441: Our weight fluctuates, sometime dramatically, sometime within hours. Just stick to plan and the overall trend will be down. :goodvibes

determinedat50: Welcome to the group! :welcome2:

Crow: I like your waterfall of goals. I'll have to give that some thought:sunny:

anewbody2013
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Moondance enjoy your trip! I have two this month. One with kids to amusement park then my own the following weekend

amandie
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Enjoy your trip, moondance!! Just do your best to stay on-plan!

chunkychick321
04-04-2013, 08:55 PM
This will be my first challenge and I am nervous and excited at the same time. :)

SW/CW- 299
GW- 289

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

amandie
04-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Welcome, Chunkychick!

amandie
04-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Happy Friday, all!!

NSV- I fit in my size 14 pants that I bought in December as "mini-goal" jeans. I'm so happy! This motivates me to keep on track so I can get down into 12s and below (I can't even imagine being in a 12!?!)

Hope everyone else is doing great! Have a great OP weekend, y'all!

amandie
04-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Today's WI- 166, same as last Sunday's. Boo but also yay that I didn't gain? LOL.

I plan to work out at least twice this week. I do not know why I don't have the motivation for exercising that I used to, though I think part of it is fear to get hurt like I did last year (drs never found out what it was and it went away.) I need to OVERCOME that dumb fear and JUST DO IT! There are people out there who still exercise through pain so I really have no more excuses anymore. Putting :dust: from head to toe!

anewbody2013
04-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Happy Friday, all!!

NSV- I fit in my size 14 pants that I bought in December as "mini-goal" jeans. I'm so happy! This motivates me to keep on track so I can get down into 12s and below (I can't even imagine being in a 12!?!)

Hope everyone else is doing great! Have a great OP weekend, y'all!

Awesome! On your pants and like you said mini goals are good goals to see completed too!:carrot:

amandie
04-08-2013, 01:11 AM
Awesome! On your pants and like you said mini goals are good goals to see completed too!:carrot:

Thank you!! How are you doing?

I worked out on the elliptical trainer for 30 minutes tonight! Tomorrow is lifting. :crossed: to keep this workout ball rolling for the rest of the week!

anewbody2013
04-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Still hanging in but also been very busy.
I had always had trouble stating on those elliptical trainers. But I had a friend who swore by them and would be on it for hours! I skipped weight training all last week so this week plan to add them back.

Have a good week everyone!

anewbody2013
04-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Wow, to be a short month, April is surely going slowly.

Moondance
04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Back from vacation. Good news, no gain!!!
It's looking doubtful that I'll meet my mother's day goal, but I'm not giving up either!

Is everyone else working towards their goal???

anewbody2013...how are you doing?
amandie...keeping up the hard work?
chunkychick321...welcome! what are you doing to reach goal?
firegirl441...Still with us??
Crow...how about you?
IanG...miss your check-ins
Campana, Beewidget, trukmek, NEMom, determinedat50...don't give up! Come back to us!

anewbody2013
04-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Back from vacation. Good news, no gain!!!
It's looking doubtful that I'll meet my mother's day goal, but I'm not giving up either!

Is everyone else working towards their goal???

Crow...how about you?
Campana, Beewidget, trukmek, NEMom, determinedat50...don't give up! Come back to us!

Awesome with the no gain!!!:carrot:

That is always a plus after a vacation. I am taking the kids on a mini one next weekend myself (amusement park). And you know how many treats they have there! But I do plan on sticking to my plan, taking workout clothes and my videos so I can still work out. Because I can control what I put in my mouth while there, just make good choices.

Other than that, been pretty busy and something new arise daily:p

Oh and TOM put me up a bit:-( I am hoping to get back down....way down....LOL but mother nature...who can control that?

amandie
04-13-2013, 12:10 AM
Moondance- Happy to hear no gain!!!

Anewbody- TOM, boo!!! I am supposed to get mine very soon.

I am still plugging away, working out and enjoying the weather (well, now it's cold, haha!!) :) I have worked out Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday with the elliptical trainers and Wednesday was lifting- man, that was horrible, LOL. I am still sore from the squats and I honestly don't think I had proper form for some of them. :( I think I may do the 30 Day Shred for a long while in place of lifting/strength training, this way I'll be more "prepared" when I go back to lifting.

Ok, so I think I may have figured out why I have not been losing for a while now. I am on Weight Watchers (on my own with a free phone app, no meetings, e-tools nor online, etc) and apparently I was eating 2 points over my daily points allowance along with most of my weeklies. Oops!!! The phone and I forgot that your DPA changes as you lose and for some reason, the app did not reflect that going from 180 to 166! Grr. At least I figured it out NOW and can move forward because I was going a little crazy, wondering why I wasn't losing when I thought I was doing everything right. I should see some losses happening in the next week or two now that I'm working out consistently.

Have a great OP weekend, y'all!!!

amandie
04-13-2013, 12:19 AM
Crow...how about you?

I second all of this!! Even if you feel like you've fallen off the wagon or whatever, so what? Come back and we'll support you getting back on! Nothing to be embarrassed about or ashamed of.

My favorite quote to remind me to keep going: Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill

Moondance
04-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Diligently checking in here. Didn't do so well yesterday...had a small TOM chocolate binge and blew-off exercising. In my defense, I wasn't scheduled to go, but had the opportunity. But for the first time, I'm really suffering from seasonal allergies and just didn't feel up to it. I thought allergies were supposed to get better as you age. Of course, mine is opposite. Figures.

Anyway, keep checking in everyone!!

amandie
04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Dang, today was weigh-in and I didn't lose but I also didn't gain so that's a plus!

Hoping for a loss next week now that I'm eating the right amount of points and gonna try not to dip in my WP too much. I will be keeping up with the workouts. Looking forward to a great week! :D

anewbody2013
04-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Moondance, I hope your allergies get better!

Wooohooo amandie, NO GAIN!!! I know it is hard to see no loss either, BUT I would take a no gain anyday over a gain :)

Had huge BBQ today, and I think I didn't do too badly. No sweets so that was good and didn't have the desire to eat any. A plus though, I was trying on an outfit I had set up to go out in and the top was hanging on me and I had to put on a smaller shirt, which made the whole outfit look much different. Had to give the shirt away:)

anewbody2013
04-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Just checking in to see how everyone was doing?

Moondance
04-17-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm losing weight but not for good reasons. I've been sick-sick-sick. Official diagnosis today: bronchitis and laryngitis, but all viral so all I can do is let it run it's course. Down 2 pounds of this morning though.

amandie
04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Had huge BBQ today, and I think I didn't do too badly. No sweets so that was good and didn't have the desire to eat any. A plus though, I was trying on an outfit I had set up to go out in and the top was hanging on me and I had to put on a smaller shirt, which made the whole outfit look much different. Had to give the shirt away:)

Niceee!!!! Love that!

amandie
04-17-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm losing weight but not for good reasons. I've been sick-sick-sick. Official diagnosis today: bronchitis and laryngitis, but all viral so all I can do is let it run it's course. Down 2 pounds of this morning though.

Oh boy!! That sounds awful! Hoping you get better ASAP! 2lbs down is still 2lbs down regardless of how, LOL.

amandie
04-17-2013, 10:01 PM
I am stopping the daily weigh-ins, despite that I know daily fluctuations are totally normal and that the scale is not a perfect tool, not seeing lower numbers does affect me somewhat. I'm only stepping on the scale on Sundays for weigh-ins, that's it.

Doing mostly great on the food and exercise parts, I just wish the scale would reflect that! I think I need to do some :yoga: or something to zen out. :D

anewbody2013
04-19-2013, 03:50 PM
I understand that amandie....daily weigh ins use to affect my day of how I would eat/act/exercise....So I leave it to once a week as well:-)

amandie
04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
I just made a 4th of July challenge (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/280011-4th-july-challenge.html) if any of you would like to join at any time, even after this challenge is done. I totally need all the motivation I can soak up especially with summertime coming up. That is when I start to waver and go off track slowly with all the food and booze.

I hope everyone else is doing great!! I am doing okay with food and workouts so far although still maintaining 166. I'm just gonna be very patient (not one of my best virtues but I'm trying! ;))

Have a great weekend, all!

amandie
04-23-2013, 12:43 AM
So disappointed with yesterday's WI- 171 but I am on TOM and drank a lot on Friday so hoping that's just all a ton of water weight, lol. I am seriously buckling down now, no more playing around AND no more drinking (that was my original goal on this thread and I really neeeeeed to stick with it until then!)

I'm going to stay on track with the food and exercise if I want to make goal. Hoping everyone else is having a better go of it than I am!

Crow
04-25-2013, 11:51 AM
CW: 164.5

I've really been struggling which is why I haven't been checking in, but I'm hoping to still make my goal of 10lbs.

Hope everyone else is having an easier time than I am.

anewbody2013
04-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Good Crow, you are still hopeful. Been still busy on my end. Hope everyone has a good weekend

Crow
04-29-2013, 12:00 PM
CW: 164

Slowly but surely moving in the right direction -- I'm hopeful that I can make it!

amandie, hope the weigh-in has good news this week.

How are you doing, anewbody?

Moondance
05-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone...just checking in. Counting down with 10 days left. I'm not going to make my goal of 10 pounds lost, but will be at 6, "IF" I maintain what I have now and lose 2 more. Psychologically being at 185 would be GREAT!

Sorry I've been absent lately. Just busy...but staying on track as best I can!

amandie
05-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Crow- Thank you!

Moondance, I will not be able to make my goal of 159 too.

I finally hit 165.4 this am, yesterday 165.6. Seriously SO happy! LOL. This was my first serious stall/plateau in my whole WL journey since 226lbs. Definitely humbling and I will not discount any .5, even .1 losses! For now, I will take what I can by Mother's day. Probably 2lbs at best.

Hope everyone else is faring better!

anewbody2013
05-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Awesome on your loss Amandie!

I had another vacation past weekend, now looking forward to mother's day with the kids

Crow
05-08-2013, 09:47 AM
CW: 163

Nearly there!

anewbody2013
05-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Awesome job crow!

Crow
05-08-2013, 04:10 PM
How about you, anewbody? Are you happy with how you've done?

amandie
05-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Thank you again, Crow. You are doing awesome, you've practically hit your goal for this challenge! :crossed:

Thank you, anewbody. I am looking forward to Mother's Day too!

165.0! Another pound gone! I started this challenge at 169 (I had to go back to the first page and check, haha) with goal weight of 159. Not quite there but I am still 4lbs down so that's a plus! :)

Moondance
05-09-2013, 11:10 AM
I keep forgetting to check in here too. Looks like you few regulars are doing well! You're staying in the game and working towards you goal! WTG!!!

I'm on a roll, down to 184 this morning. 4 pounds from goal. But it's ok. My goal was ambitious. I decided anything under 185 would be awesome.

anewbody2013
05-09-2013, 01:49 PM
I keep forgetting to check in here too. Looks like you few regulars are doing well! You're staying in the game and working towards you goal! WTG!!!

I'm on a roll, down to 184 this morning. 4 pounds from goal. But it's ok. My goal was ambitious. I decided anything under 185 would be awesome.

Awesome to you Moondance!:dizzy:

amandie
05-09-2013, 01:52 PM

That is awesome! Looking forward to your audition?

Crow
05-12-2013, 07:34 AM
CW: 162

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Moondance, when's the audition?

chunkychick321
05-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Happy Mother's Day Ladies! :)

SW: 299
CW: 289
GW: 278.6

I had forgotten what my starting weight was for this challenge and am pleased as punch to see my results. :D

amandie
05-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Way to go, Chunkychick! You did fantastic!