Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/19/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/19/2013

lisa32989
03-19-2013, 06:15 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

DJ72
03-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Happy Tuesday everybody. I am getting near the end of my night shift and can't wait to get home and try Scorbett's Pumpkin Oatmeal for breakfast. I usually do not eat heavy after nights but it smelled so good when I made it yesterday that I am looking forward to trying it. Will add some egg whites and chicken bacon slice to make it Phase 3 friendly. Phasing off early because of my upcoming Jamaican holiday and wow there are some good things about P3!!!! Liz's quinoa pudding was AMAZING! I think knowing P3 is so yummy will help me get right back on P1 post holiday and lose those last 10-20lbs! Something to look forward too everybody. Keep OP and have a great day!

Cheekyskeeter
03-19-2013, 06:59 AM
When do you leave for Jamaica? We are heading to Runaway Bay in April and I can't wait! We've been to Ocho Rio and Negril the last two years.....love Jamaica.

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm thankful the storm last night wasn't as bad as predicted. Maybe spring really is coming soon!

Gonna really try
03-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Down just 2 pounds but i thinkTOM is just around the corner. Down 2 1/2 inches, mostly waist and hips. I too am going to phase out a tad early before our cruise at the end of april and then will go back on one when i get back. My coach said just make smart choices but to be sure to enjoy the cruise.Guess at means just a bite or two of creme brule (sp?) instead of 2 servings :o. I didn't tell my coach but i am thinking i will get some alternatives to take along to help.

Yesterday i mixes dk chocolate and banana puddings, split back to a single serving and then made a "shake" along with beggie fries, now that was a great lunch. Thinking if we ever get spring/summer i may have to try growing beggies in the garden.

For supper i made kale chips but my kids ate them all after school. That is not a complaint, who would have thought they would like them so much?

Happy tuesday!

Jac

DRegan
03-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Good morning all,
Nasty weather again here in CT, school delays and closings. UGH!
Not looking forward to the drive to work today, glad I dont leave till
9am. Its an icy snowy mix, scary driving! Oh well I'll take my time!
WI tonight too, dont want to miss that, my scale looks like 2 down, so
praying its close, hate weighing in at night but thats what works.
Well have a great day everyone!
Wish I was going to Jamaica, have a great time DJ72!!!

Donna Gel
03-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Spring might be here, I think! Still have lots of snow, but hopefully it has stopped falling for a few days. Supposed to get to -1C today, so we should see a good bit of melting.

As I shared yesterday, this is a crazy week so I won't get into the clinic to WI, but according to my scale I have lost 16lbs. My scale never agrees with the clinics scale. I do know I feel amazing and I am thrilled to be able to fit into some of my smaller clothes.

I am staying OP and being more diligent about eating and drinking according to protocol.

I was exhausted last night after being at the store front all day. Back to painting today though.

mquinn106
03-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Jaimaica is the place to be apparently! My boss leaves tomorrow for a week there...maybe I'll need to plan a trip! We've got about 8inches of snow and still going :( I'm so over winter!

The scale hasn't moved lately but I've got TOM and some "C" issues, Bleh!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll be daydreaming of summer weather :)

lisa32989
03-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Jaimaica is the place to be apparently! My boss leaves tomorrow for a week there...maybe I'll need to plan a trip! We've got about 8inches of snow and still going :( I'm so over winter!
:)

If you've ever been there...it is DEFINITELY. A place to be!!!

lisa32989
03-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Down just 2 pounds but i thinkTOM is just around the corner. Down 2 1/2 inches, mostly waist and hips.

Why did you say "just"? That is a GREAT weigh in!
Rephrase!
Yay! I was down 2 lbs and 2.5 inches this week...even WITH TOM looming! I LOVE this diet!

Trina M
03-19-2013, 08:41 AM
It is another cold morning, come on spring! Weighed myself today and lost 1 lbs so far this week. WI is Thursday and hoping to be in older land in another week. Cannot wait! Here is to a very positive OP day!! Lots of water in my forecast. tOM decided to show himself in my weightloss again this month but no worries when he leaves the pounds go to. I have found that my TOM shows up early by 2 days on this diet and it really throws me for calculating it into my life. 3 more months and I should see normal cycles in my new body!

Have a good day everyone

ragdoll74
03-19-2013, 08:48 AM
DJ72 please take me with you. I'm sick of the cold weather.

Gonna really try- awesome WI!!! My personal experience has been the closer I get to goal the more inconsistent & smaller the WI's are.

Trina- I'm trying to get to younger land :D
I don't think you noticed you had a typo on your post. You put older land instead of onder land....it made me smile, so thank you for the typo.

A1Texan
03-19-2013, 09:00 AM

Gonna really try- awesome WI!!! My personal experience has been the closer I get to goal the more inconsistent & smaller the WI's are.

I don't think you noticed you had a typo on your post. You put older land instead of onder land....it made me smile, so thank you for the typo.
And yours made me smile. You put "onder land" I think it's "Onederland" At least that is what I've been using....either way it's a great accomplishment.

ragdoll74
03-19-2013, 09:02 AM
And yours made me smile. You put "onder land" I think it's "Onederland" At least that is what I've been using....either way it's a great accomplishment.

benice
03-19-2013, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=ragdoll74;4673540]

QUOTE]

Agree on both counts! Awesome WI...and I, too, have found that my losses are (a) inconsistent and (b) smaller the closer I get to goal. I realized a week ago that I had become complacent in my water drinking. I've stepped it up this week and have unofficially moved into the 150's, so maybe that will give me a kick start to more consistency...but I doubt it :).

Spiritman
03-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Had to give myself a metaphorical kick in the azz today. Jumped on the scale "only" to be disappointed that it hadn't gone down as much as I had wanted. For a little while this morning started to mope around grumbling to myself about "sacrifices" made and not seeing the results etc. etc.

Thankfully I was able to knock that crap off. That's the type of thinking that has played a major part in me becoming obese. Feeling sorry for myself and then hiding behind my fat and "comforting" myself by self medicating with food. Pizz on that.

Gave myself the "smarten up" lecture and truly took a look at myself in the mirror after my shower this morning - my body is changing no matter what any scale says. More evidence can be found in the clothes I wear. Things that were tight as a second skin now hang off my body. Another notch in the belt has had to be punched to keep my pants up. Shirts that I stopped wearing months ago are borderline too big now. Might end up having to follow the wife's suggestion and put the bloody scale away if I am going to continue to obsess about it. I've come too far to give up worrying about some freaking number on a bathroom scale.

benice
03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Darn. I edited my comment above to include this question, but then it disappeared. My apologies if it re-appears and I'm posting twice.

We are planning to strat trying get pregnant after I phase off. For those of you who have been pregnant before, how useful are clothes that are one to two sizes too big for you at your normal size? I'm wondering if I should purge my closet of those sizes or keep them for pregnancy gain. I don't plan to gain more than I should during pregnancy, but I don't know how all of this works. Do I just buy pregnancy pants or can I wear these bigger sizes? These are fancy suits and work pants, so I'd rather keep them than have to re-purchase down the line.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

ladylunk
03-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Darn. I edited my comment above to include this question, but then it disappeared. My apologies if it re-appears and I'm posting twice.

We are planning to strat trying get pregnant after I phase off. For those of you who have been pregnant before, how useful are clothes that are one to two sizes too big for you at your normal size? I'm wondering if I should purge my closet of those sizes or keep them for pregnancy gain. I don't plan to gain more than I should during pregnancy, but I don't know how all of this works. Do I just buy pregnancy pants or can I wear these bigger sizes? These are fancy suits and work pants, so I'd rather keep them than have to re-purchase down the line.

Everybody is so different but my advice would be might as well keep just in case you can get some use. I did not look at your weight but it depends on what size you are when you got pregnant too. In my experience I bloated up and gained about ten pounds all over before stomach started forming, I had a gut to begin with and if you do then it takes longer for pregnant belly to show. Anyway you might get use at beginning, but once belly prominent they won't be any good. just looked at your stats and you are pretty slim. You might use some for first trimester.....or until your belly pops.

benice
03-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Everybody is so different but my advice would be might as well keep just in case you can get some use. I did not look at your weight but it depends on what size you are when you got pregnant too. In my experience I bloated up and gained about ten pounds all over before stomach started forming, I had a gut to begin with and if you do then it takes longer for pregnant belly to show. Anyway you might get use at beginning, but once belly prominent they won't be any good. just looked at your stats and you are pretty slim. You might use some for first trimester.....or until your belly pops.

Thanks! I am a person who tends to get puffy--if it's hot, I get puffy, if I'm tired, puffy, eat salt...you guessed it, puffy! So I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to puff up before I pop out. Thanks for your advice! I think I'll keep the pants/suits (even though I'm DYING to toss them because I have so little closet space!)...

ragdoll74
03-19-2013, 10:20 AM

I would say 1 size up for sure because there is a really awkward stage when your regular clothes don't fit, and you aren't big enough for maternity clothes. Also for after the baby is born, because it takes a while for your skin on your belly to shrink down again.

Bigger sizes might not look that great because they will be oversized everywhere except the waist (saggy behind on pants, shoulder seems too wide on shirts, etc). It doesn't hurt to hang on to the clothes.

Ishbel
03-19-2013, 10:37 AM
I would say 1 size up for sure because there is a really awkward stage when your regular clothes don't fit, and you aren't big enough for maternity clothes. Also for after the baby is born, because it takes a while for your skin on your belly to shrink down again.

Bigger sizes might not look that great because they will be oversized everywhere except the waist (saggy behind on pants, shoulder seems too wide on shirts, etc). It doesn't hurt to hang on to the clothes.

My gf got a band to go around her waist so all she used was the jeans she was in unzipped with the band and one size up unzipped with the band. I think she bought two maxi dresses for the duration of her pregnancy.

It's hard to let go of old clothes, I totally get it...I sold most of mine on facebook for $1-$7 and ended up paying for my goal ring. But I didn't start selling until I was at goal because it was so hard, HUGE HUGE pile of clothes in the garage LOL

ladylunk
03-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Never heard of the bands....I forgot about after pregnancy too you might get some use of your old clothes then. I had a hard time giving up my maternity jeans. So so comfy! It is definately fun to do the maternity shopping. I loved the under the belly jeans.

ladylunk
03-19-2013, 10:54 AM
So happy the scale says 175.8 today. I just hope it will stay in the 175's until Thursday, but we know how that works.... I am sure by tonight it will read 179. But usually it goes up to the 180's so that would be great actually.

Do people in maintenance take the supplements still? Wondering if there is value in continued use of them when I am on holiday.....I would be getting drugstore versions to save money though....

Hey just realized the 50 day challenge that everyone stopped participating in came to a close on St. Paddy's day. I wonder who of the originals actually did it? Afraid I just missed the mark, but I can think of Lisa who would have made it. Any others out there that need a pat on the back for completing that challenge? Good job Lisa!

Desafinado
03-19-2013, 11:36 AM
So my meatloaf with the cheddar ridges turned out yummy! Here's the recipe I sort of made up:

1 pound of 90/10 beef
1/2 c mushroom
1/2 c red/yellow/orange peppers
1 packet of cheddar ridges all crushed up
2 egg whites
desired seasonings

I mixed the beef, egg whites, seasonings ( i used cayenne, sea salt, paprika and garlic chili cholula) and put it in a loaf pan, shook some more cholula on top, then popped in the oven at 375 for about a half hour (I can't say for sure what the time was cause I watched it a lot) and then divided it into four portions.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Desafinado
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Had to give myself a metaphorical kick in the azz today. Jumped on the scale "only" to be disappointed that it hadn't gone down as much as I had wanted. For a little while this morning started to mope around grumbling to myself about "sacrifices" made and not seeing the results etc. etc.

Thankfully I was able to knock that crap off. That's the type of thinking that has played a major part in me becoming obese. Feeling sorry for myself and then hiding behind my fat and "comforting" myself by self medicating with food. Pizz on that.

Gave myself the "smarten up" lecture and truly took a look at myself in the mirror after my shower this morning - my body is changing no matter what any scale says. More evidence can be found in the clothes I wear. Things that were tight as a second skin now hang off my body. Another notch in the belt has had to be punched to keep my pants up. Shirts that I stopped wearing months ago are borderline too big now. Might end up having to follow the wife's suggestion and put the bloody scale away if I am going to continue to obsess about it. I've come too far to give up worrying about some freaking number on a bathroom scale.

Congrats to you! We just have to believe and keep marching forward.

jeffiner
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
I had two off plan foods during the 50 day challenge but Im just thrilled that I stayed on any diet for 50'days! Ive never done that before. As far as Im concerned I made the challenge!

Desafinado
03-19-2013, 11:40 AM
I had two off plan foods during the 50 day challenge but Im just thrilled that I stayed on any diet for 50'days! Ive never done that before. As far as Im concerned I made the challenge!

This is great! :carrot:

DJ72
03-19-2013, 11:52 AM
When do you leave for Jamaica? We are heading to Runaway Bay in April and I can't wait! We've been to Ocho Rio and Negril the last two years.....love Jamaica.

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm thankful the storm last night wasn't as bad as predicted. Maybe spring really is coming soon!

We leave Good Friday... To Negril. Been there twice before but this year we the staying on the cliffs for something different. Love it there!
And what is it with all of us and TOM right now. Lol. Me too! Since I started IP I have been more regular than ever, but HEAVY! I started evening primrose oil hoping it helps. Been in it about a month so will have to wait and see.
Still paranoid about my hair falling out. I always lose a lot and I don't think it is anymore than normal but you all know what paranoia does
Btw... We have had storm after storm in Saskatchewan. The banks in my yard are over 10 feet in places. There will be serious flooding in places. Maybe need to get a Pontoon. Now that song is in my head!!!!

ladylunk
03-19-2013, 12:16 PM

Good for you. I missed the mark over a couple of hours one evening when I went off plan, but other than that I did every other day. Also the longest I have ever stayed strict on a diet regardless of my decision to go off plan. Yay for us.

disgal
03-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Desafinado.....thx for sharing ur meatloaf recipe......that is a staple meal in this household so I'm always looking at different variations! ;)

Ishbel....every once in a while I look back at ur profile pics.....what an incredible transformation!!! What a motivation!! Ur amazing!! :)

---------------

Morning all! Hope ur all well today! :hug:
C'mon Spring!!!! This snow is getting tiresome lol!!!

No official weigh in this week as coach is in Disney ( lucky her). I could see someone else but I prefer her! Down two on MY official scale (heehee)....I'll take it!

Looking for an alternative for the IP rotini. Did a search but no luck :(.

Oh.....My coach gave me a great IP packet recipe .....:carrot:

Cook up rotini per directions, then add a packet of Brocc n cheese soup plus 2 oz of water. YUM!! I actually make up two packets of rotini to one broc and spread over two lunches. Sorry if this has already been posted.....I hadn't seen it :)

I tried an alternative Brocc n cheese but it didn't compare (to me anyway) to the IP brand. Bummer! Oh well..... At least I have SOMETHING to purchase at my visit next week! ;)

Nibblet
03-19-2013, 12:24 PM

Hear, hear!! I totally get where you're coming from. I've jumped on the scale every morning this week and was frustrated to see it not moving as fast as I'd hoped. But you're right, we all need a metaphorical kick once in awhile. I'm putting the scale away for a week and concentrating on my clothes.

rubygirl05
03-19-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm so excited for those of you heading off to warm climates. I actually delayed my IP start so I could enjoy my Cancun trip first. I had never been before but the water was that warm, clear Caribbean blue and I'm already thinking about returning next year! Enjoy the sun and warmth!

I've got my 2nd week WI in two days and I think it's going to be disappointing. I had a big loss last week and I (too!) have TOM. It just would have been nice to get a couple successful losses under my belt before I had a no-loss week.

bellasamimom
03-19-2013, 01:53 PM
I had a good WI this morning :carrot: 2.0 drop and about 1.5 inches. We are shaking my body up by doing 4 non restricted packets for 4 days. My body was stuck at the 199 mark. I have the benefit of working with the nutritionist I have been seeing for 2 1/2 years. She knows my body chemistry really well. I am so thankful for a great coach!!!

Easystreet3
03-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Okay, I have a question. I am traveling by air this upcoming weekend and I am wondering if I can carry cut up veggies in my carry on with me? Anybody have any experience with this? I am going to put all my packets in my carry on as well.

Thank you

RoadRunner
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue3/cartooncat01/lb/146/120/143.1/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Hello all...New to this thread--Weird since I was doing the 30-something thread 13 years ago:o:o!!
I have been on IP almost 2 weeks and really love it so far. I am a very restrictive type eater so happy with being able to repeat what I eat every day. I have never been a variety eater so this does not bother me as much as it bothers my coach person.
I have been reading the threads and want to say congrats to everyone!! So glad to be joining.
Vicki
BTW--it seems like my old tracker is showing somehow--how I wish that was correct:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Debrasb
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Okay, I have a question. I am traveling by air this upcoming weekend and I am wondering if I can carry cut up veggies in my carry on with me? Anybody have any experience with this? I am going to put all my packets in my carry on as well.

Thank you

I do this all the time. I even have a little toiletries bottle that I put dressing in, and carry on a salad in a tupperware, along with cut up peppers, cukes, jicama, etc. Salad is not so hard to buy in the airport, but the veggies can be more challenging so I always bring my own.

RareBird
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Hey just realized the 50 day challenge that everyone stopped participating in came to a close on St. Paddy's day. I wonder who of the originals actually did it? Afraid I just missed the mark, but I can think of Lisa who would have made it. Any others out there that need a pat on the back for completing that challenge? Good job Lisa!

I don't NEED a pat on the back, lol, but I stayed OP for the 50 days too. It's amazing to me how I don't have to self-talk to not cheat... I just don't have any desire to. I was thinking the other day that even though I have to give a lot of thought and time to food preparation to be OP on IP, this is the first time in a LONG while where I really don't feel like I think too much about food. The thinking and planning I do is out of necessity and not out of obsession. I really wish I could carry the physical benefits of ketosis into maintenance (lack of appetite and cravings), but I'm feeling this experience with IP will result in a permanent change in my thinking about food.

usmcvet
03-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Just checking in. My focus needs more focus! I hope you're all doing well. I've missed you.

I had a a few NSV's the last two days and wanted to share them with you.

First my wife told me Sunday she wanted to do IP with me for a month! Very cool. We placed an order for alternatives with nashuanutrition.com and it arrived today!

The local mail man is someone I've known for about eighteen years and he has been a big supporter of mine on my WL journey. He complemented me today and told me his little girl, now 26 or 27, joined IP 6 weeks ago and is having success. I know my clinic has some before and after photos of me in their presentation and it makes me feel good to be "helping" motivate someone to try IP.

A non WL NSV happened yesterday. I saw a woman I helped about 2 1/2 years ago. She was the victim of a bad domestic assault. I saw her 2 1/2 year old son in the parking lot outside the PD and commented that I'd not seen him since he was a new born. I asked if I could come over to say hi. She said yes. As I walked towards them he ran full blast towards me. I bent down and he jumped into my arms. I scooped him up and he gave me an awesome hug. Mom, Grandma and I were all pretty surprised. The little guy did not know me. I thanked him for the hug and told him he made my day as he went back to him Mother.

Have a great day. Stay OP.

Desafinado
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Just checking in. My focus needs more focus! I hope you're all doing well. I've missed you.

First my wife told me Sunday she wanted to do IP with me for a month! Very cool. We placed an order for alternatives with nashuanutrition.com and it arrived today!

The local mail man is someone I've known for about eighteen years and he has been a big supporter of mine on my WL journey. He complemented me today and told me his little girl, now 26 or 27, joined IP 6 weeks ago and is having success. I know my clinic has some before and after photos of me in their presentation and it makes me feel good to be "helping" motivate someone to try IP.

A non WL NSV happened yesterday. I saw a woman I helped about 2 1/2 years ago. She was the victim of a bad domestic assault. I saw her 2 1/2 year old son in the parking lot outside the PD and commented that I'd not seen him since he was a new born. I asked if I could come over to say hi. She said yes. As I walked towards them he ran full blast towards me. I bent down and he jumped into my arms. I scooped him up and he gave me an awesome hug. Mom, Grandma and I were all pretty surprised. The little guy did not know me. I thanked him for the hug and told him he made my day as he went back to him Mother.

Best.NSV.EVER.

JenRem
03-19-2013, 04:13 PM
A non WL NSV happened yesterday. I saw a woman I helped about 2 1/2 years ago. She was the victim of a bad domestic assault. I saw her 2 1/2 year old son in the parking lot outside the PD and commented that I'd not seen him since he was a new born. I asked if I could come over to say hi. She said yes. As I walked towards them he ran full blast towards me. I bent down and he jumped into my arms. I scooped him up and he gave me an awesome hug. Mom, Grandma and I were all pretty surprised. The little guy did not know me. I thanked him for the hug and told him he made my day as he went back to his Mother.

So sweet! Kids are so authentic with their emotions - you must give off great friendly/caring vibes! :D

ragdoll74
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
usmcvet glad to see you posting again! Two great NSV's! I really loved the second one.

evepet
03-19-2013, 04:22 PM

Love all of your NSVs. And it's great to see you posting again. You've been missed!

Cheekyskeeter
03-19-2013, 04:24 PM
I agree that's a great NSV!!!

tam67green
03-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Happy Tuesday!

This has been a good day...a couple of NSVs for me:
Today was finally a day where it was warm enough to walk outside and my son didn't have karate until later, so we walked the dogs. We have a fenced in yard, but they should be walked, just for the fun of it. I got all the way up the hill and realized I wasn't winded. What a great feeling!! I used to have to stop at least once or I'd be huffing and puffing like the big, bad wolf! :D

I saw a parent at my school today that I've known for years. I worked with her daughter when she was in preschool, and now she's in 5th grade. We ran into each other in the office. She has also lost a lot of weight, so we just stood there trading compliments. "Wow, look at you?" "No, look at YOU!" "You look so good!" "Wow, so do you!"

I just read all of today's posts on here, but can't keep them all staight.
I'm jealous of those heading the warmer climates for vacation! Have a great time!
Congrats on all the good WI's! I WI tomorrow, and am hoping for a big "whoosh" as my loss last week was pretty low, and I was in the middle of the bloated "beached whale"portion of TOM.

lisa32989
03-19-2013, 06:14 PM

I'm so glad you were able to pick yourself up by your bootstraps.
You don't have to do this alone...you have all of us!
The scale is not always forgiving & I see LOTS of complaints of scale frustration here.
We all know weight loss isn't linear. We won't lose the same amount of weight every week. Some weeks will be whoosh weeks, some weeks will not. Some weeks will be higher losses in measurements (which is why it is important to measure!) than on the scale. But we all know it works if we stick with it so we've learned to reframe it in a positive light instead of complaining about scale frustration.
So many things affect what the scale says. But we still lose fat.
You did a GREAT job of telling everyone how your worked thru it. Thanks so much for sharing it here!

Hear, hear!! I totally get where you're coming from. I've jumped on the scale every morning this week and was frustrated to see it not moving as fast as I'd hoped. But you're right, we all need a metaphorical kick once in awhile. I'm putting the scale away for a week and concentrating on my clothes.
This is why we're supposed to stay off the scale. There is a reason our coaches give us directions. There are people who can be neutral observers of what the scale is doing and people who get too emotional about it. Anyone who gets caught up in the emotion (and gets frustrated) should DEFINITELY stay off the scale between official WIs!

My2loseW8
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Congrats on the NSV's Loved them!
Have been struggling lately with what Scorbett called my perfect storm. Back inflammation, anti-inflammatories, steroids, luckily I am not on TOM still! I am scheduled to get a steroid\anti-inflammatory injected into my SI joints on Thursday. Sounds bad, but I am hoping this will fix the pain. It has been a struggle. When I wake up in pain in the middle of the night, I want to resort back to comfort eating. I have been able to make myself some tea and try to relax, and wait for the medicine to kick in. I know all of this is throwing off my weight loss and I am trying to keep being positive. I vented to my husband about it all and how frustrating it was to finally find something that works and to feel like your body is working against you! He listened and let me get it out. In the end he said it was one of the hardest things for him to learn to do in our relationship... just to listen and not try to fix it, when I just needed to vent. Sometimes you just need to vent! And try not to beat yourself up about it! :)
~My

lisa32989
03-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Congrats on the NSV's Loved them!
Have been struggling lately with what Scorbett called my perfect storm. Back inflammation, anti-inflammatories, steroids, luckily I am not on TOM still! I am scheduled to get a steroid\anti-inflammatory injected into my SI joints on Thursday. Sounds bad, but I am hoping this will fix the pain. It has been a struggle. When I wake up in pain in the middle of the night, I want to resort back to comfort eating. I have been able to make myself some tea and try to relax, and wait for the medicine to kick in. I know all of this is throwing off my weight loss and I am trying to keep being positive. I vented to my husband about it all and how frustrating it was to finally find something that works and to feel like your body is working against you! He listened and let me get it out. In the end he said it was one of the hardest things for him to learn to do in our relationship... just to listen and not try to fix it, when I just needed to vent. Sometimes you just need to vent! And try not to beat yourself up about it!
Oh sweetie! I struggle with SI joint issues, as well. Mine are locked. I've been re-committed to my PT exercises for about 6 weeks now. And I've made a new appt with my physiatrist (sports med) to get his opinion about what I should do next. We've discussed the injection in the past...
My doc is about trying to fix thru PT first.
I'm in for the long haul to fix it, if he thinks he can!
I swear I live on ice (heat feels better but ice helps reduce inflammation more)
If you stick with the plan, you'll lose. Even if you have inflammation/hold onto weight from steroids, you'll still be better off than if you go off-plan (IP/low carb is an anti-inflammatory way of eating :))
Hang in there
Vent anytime. And know you are NOT alone!

Ishbel
03-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Ishbel....every once in a while I look back at ur profile pics.....what an incredible transformation!!! What a motivation!!

Thank you, you are very kind.

I actually use my thread when my anxiety is a little high (it happens in all phases everyone lol), I find remembering where I came from calms me down and helps me be kinder to myself. Reading all the nice comments are a great uplifter! :)

I have my pictures framed and above my scale at home....to remind me daily where I've come from and why I cannot go back to my old way of eating.

newday2013
03-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Ok, so 2nd day back was better...drank my shake at 8am instead of 7...doubled up on water, added an egg to my 11am salad plus a bar, then IP soup and pickles for 1pm...I was hungry, but not shaking by supper, phew! 6oz of meat and unlimited roasted veggies. If I'm hungry later (which I doubt) I'll have a salad :)

My2loseW8
03-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks Lisa32989!
I hear you on the ice, I just cannot bring myself to ice my back when all I want to do is sleep! lol. I should. Heat feels soo much better, but since that increases blood flow.. I don't do that either. I have been struggling with the same 5 lbs for a month or so now. I know it is all the other stuff!However I did go down last week, despite this all. I am glad to know I am not alone! Really thank you. I am glad to know it will continue working!

usmcvet
03-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Best.NSV.EVER.
It was really good for me. I love hugs.
So sweet! Kids are so authentic with their emotions - you must give off great friendly/caring vibes! :D
Kids are so genuine. I'm kinda a teddy bear, especially with kids. H looked so much like my son Jack when he was that age.
usmcvet glad to see you posting again! Two great NSV's! I really loved the second one.

Thanks.

Love all of your NSVs. And it's great to see you posting again. You've been missed!. Thanks Eve. I missed all of you! You and I are about to hit 1 year!

Happy Tuesday!

This has been a good day...a couple of NSVs for me:
Today was finally a day where it was warm enough to walk outside and my son didn't have karate until later, so we walked the dogs. We have a fenced in yard, but they should be walked, just for the fun of it. I got all the way up the hill and realized I wasn't winded. What a great feeling!! I used to have to stop at least once or I'd be huffing and puffing like the big, bad wolf! :D

I saw a parent at my school today that I've known for years. I worked with her daughter when she was in preschool, and now she's in 5th grade. We ran into each other in the office. She has also lost a lot of weight, so we just stood there trading compliments. "Wow, look at you?" "No, look at YOU!" "You look so good!" "Wow, so do you!"

I just read all of today's posts on here, but can't keep them all staight.
I'm jealous of those heading the warmer climates for vacation! Have a great time!
Congrats on all the good WI's! I WI tomorrow, and am hoping for a big "whoosh" as my loss last week was pretty low, and I was in the middle of the bloated "beached whale"portion of TOM. Awesomeness! What a great NSV, actually several, not being winded and genuine praise. Totally cool.

MntRose
03-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Down .7 at official way in and an amazing 4.5 inches!
Love how my body is feeling, not sure I should say this but I pet myself I am so happy with it!

I just figure since no one else is gonna pat my back, then I should!!! lol
Still amazing how much I actually like this protocol and every day makes this diet the longest I have ever been on an eating plan.

Jeaner
03-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Just wanted to check in and tell everyone....1st day done on IP...except I will have my restricted a little later. I always like a "treat" after dinner. It was not as bad as I expected, but still waiting for the withdrawals that seem to be common to all. I am so full after dinner and all the veggies I find it hard to believe anyone can be so full and still lose weight. Tomorrow...new day.

fitandfabfrog
03-19-2013, 08:36 PM
I am having another rough day. I feel like I got ran over by a truck. Just exhausted, headache, emotional, body aches. Trying to stay strong and remember tomorrow is a NEW day! I hope my body figures this out soon!

benice
03-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your helpful tips earlier in the day re keeping clothes vs. letting them go. I truly appreciate your advice and willingness to take a minute to respond!

usmcvet
03-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Just wanted to check in and tell everyone....1st day done on IP...except I will have my restricted a little later. I always like a "treat" after dinner. It was not as bad as I expected, but still waiting for the withdrawals that seem to be common to all. I am so full after dinner and all the veggies I find it hard to believe anyone can be so full and still lose weight. Tomorrow...new day.
Way to go!
I am having another rough day. I feel like I got ran over by a truck. Just exhausted, headache, emotional, body aches. Trying to stay strong and remember tomorrow is a NEW day! I hope my body figures this out soon!
Sorry about the headache. Are you getting enough salt & water?

Mother of the Groom
03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Usmcvet - just wanted to say you're doing great on your journey! Very inspirational. :)

fitandfabfrog
03-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes, I have made sure to get my water and salt in today....lots of water! Just having an off day I think...not sure what is going on.

lisa32989
03-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks Lisa32989!
I hear you on the ice, I just cannot bring myself to ice my back when all I want to do is sleep! lol. I should. Heat feels soo much better, but since that increases blood flow.. I don't do that either. I have been struggling with the same 5 lbs for a month or so now. I know it is all the other stuff!However I did go down last week, despite this all. I am glad to know I am not alone! Really thank you. I am glad to know it will continue working!
Oh girl, tell me about the ice! I'm hypothyroid & FREEZING all the time (plus ketosis does that to you). DH is going to really dislike the warmer weather when I keep the house warmer!
But boy-oh-boy, ice makes it hard when I'm cold but oh-so-worth it pain-managmement-wise! Sometimes I use my electric blanket while I'm icing my back!

M35A2
03-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Yes, I have made sure to get my water and salt in today....lots of water! Just having an off day I think...not sure what is going on.

One of the things DW does when she's having a day like that is to take a big swig of pickle juice (I'm not that big on pickles so I just suffer through). She swears by it.

ladylunk
03-19-2013, 09:06 PM

I keep my restricted for my after dinner treat to. Its possible your withdrawals might not be too bad. Let's hope so. Yes some days it seems like so much food to me too, today however I am having a hungry day and was wishing for more.Glad you are having a good first day.

Hopefully you feel better soon. Hang in there.

fitandfabfrog
03-19-2013, 09:09 PM
One of the things DW does when she's having a day like that is to take a big swig of pickle juice (I'm not that big on pickles so I just suffer through). She swears by it.

I like pickles, but have never tried the juice...maybe I will go give it a try. Anything to help would be great! Thanks!

Desafinado
03-19-2013, 09:09 PM

Oy. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

fitandfabfrog
03-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Down .7 at official way in and an amazing 4.5 inches!
Love how my body is feeling, not sure I should say this but I pet myself I am so happy with it!

I just figure since no one else is gonna pat my back, then I should!!! lol
Still amazing how much I actually like this protocol and every day makes this diet the longest I have ever been on an eating plan.

Everyone deserves a pat on the back...even if it is from themselves! But consider yourself patted! Way to keep positive and being happy!

wanna2lose
03-19-2013, 09:14 PM
today was a good day for me
I felt stronger, more stamina and a general "pep" returning to me
Ten years ago, I would never have dreamed that I would "need" a website like this and to be honest I might even have made fun of it :devil: the title anyway, but today, here I am and very glad for any help and support that I can gather!!

My nephew and his wife lost 100 pounds doing weight watchers and they inspired me to give it a try because I was 50/60 pounds over my BMI and healthiest size

I am lucky to have a roommate/buddy/friend/significant other :hug:
who is also doing the WW program with me, and it helps so much to have someone remind me of the points, shopping, planning meals, et al

I really don't think I could keep up with all this without that support

anyway, I am supposed to be doing homework (I'm a teacher) so this is a brief introduction and check in, I haven't made it to 20 posts yet so I am not a "regular member" yet but I hope to be soon and hope to make some new friends on here :carrot: LET'S GO !!

Trina M
03-19-2013, 09:14 PM

I would like to be in younger land and wonderland!! I have the same problem with text messages. Darn autocorrect!

JenRem
03-19-2013, 10:14 PM
today was a good day for me
I felt stronger, more stamina and a general "pep" returning to me
Ten years ago, I would never have dreamed that I would "need" a website like this and to be honest I might even have made fun of it :devil: the title anyway, but today, here I am and very glad for any help and support that I can gather!!

My nephew and his wife lost 100 pounds doing weight watchers and they inspired me to give it a try because I was 50/60 pounds over my BMI and healthiest size

I am lucky to have a roommate/buddy/friend/significant other :hug:
who is also doing the WW program with me, and it helps so much to have someone remind me of the points, shopping, planning meals, et al

I really don't think I could keep up with all this without that support

anyway, I am supposed to be doing homework (I'm a teacher) so this is a brief introduction and check in, I haven't made it to 20 posts yet so I am not a "regular member" yet but I hope to be soon and hope to make some new friends on here :carrot: LET'S GO !!

Wanna2lose - this is the IP (Ideal Protein) part of 3FC. Do you mean to be posting on the WW (Weight Watchers) part of 3FC???

fam4me
03-19-2013, 10:15 PM
I did it! As of today, I have lost 100 pounds. I was so excited tonight at WI. It's been a year for me and I am so glad I stuck with it. Had a rough couple of weeks, but back strong!

marymo
03-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Why did you say "just"? That is a GREAT weigh in!
Rephrase!
Yay! I was down 2 lbs and 2.5 inches this week...even WITH TOM looming! I LOVE this diet!

thats right 2 lbs is 2 lbs! way to go:) they all add up along the way:)

marymo
03-19-2013, 10:39 PM
I like pickles, but have never tried the juice...maybe I will go give it a try. Anything to help would be great! Thanks!

I have heard of this also. Helps with the cravings:)

bellasamimom
03-19-2013, 10:40 PM
I did it! As of today, I have lost 100 pounds. I was so excited tonight at WI. It's been a year for me and I am so glad I stuck with it. Had a rough couple of weeks, but back strong!
:bravo::dance::dance::dance::dance:

marymo
03-19-2013, 10:41 PM

That is fantastic! I got goosebumps when I read your post! Way to go!!

lisa32989
03-19-2013, 11:01 PM
:congrat:
Wow! What a huge accomplishment!

JenRem
03-19-2013, 11:03 PM

WOWZO - So very proud of you! You look awesome and you must feel like a whole different person compared to 1 year ago when you started this weight loss journey. Shows us all what a difference we can make in 1 year if we just persevere. WTG!!! Jen :carrot:

ladylunk
03-19-2013, 11:30 PM

So happy for you. What an accomplishment!

Trina M
03-19-2013, 11:59 PM

That is a huge success. Congratulations!:carrot:

leannekarella
03-20-2013, 12:00 AM

:bravo:

Delgen
03-20-2013, 01:57 AM

Hang in guys! It ends soon, you feel great, not hungry at all, and you will lose fast. It is totally worth it!:^::hug::hug::hug: