40-Somethings - How do you get through the first week, without going to meetings?

1isa68
03-19-2013, 04:17 AM
I love the weight watchers way of life! I know it works! 8 years ago I lost 25lbs on WW and never felt better! I was 15lbs from reaching my gold weight when we had to move over seas. I could not go to the meetings anymore (since i don't speak German) and slowly started to put back on the weight. It was hard to track points with not really knowing how Germans cook their yummy food.

I have tried several times to get back on the plan. I would get few days in and then get side tracked or fustrated and give up before I could ever finish a week. I would love get back on track! We move back to the States in a couple of months. I can't wait to attend the meetings again. I would like to start now before I move back to the states, to prove to myself I can do it! I know if I could just get a couple of weeks down I really think I would be fine.

I want to commit to WW plan just don't understand why I can't stay committed.
Any suggestion?

petra65
03-19-2013, 07:09 AM
You can now do WW entirely online. Meetings are not required. Commitment is an internal thing. I have found a formula that helps me stay on track-keeping a journal, checking in here, regular exercise, staying away from sugar, etc. . I find if I deviate too much from that formula I can't stick with it. That's been my experience anyway.