Chicks up for a Challenge - WOW Women on WEED Blooming thru the summer!!!

Pages : [1] 2

mothermavis
03-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

mothermavis
03-18-2013, 09:21 PM
I'll start. I'm Mavis, 46, 47 before this challenge ends.

I have 2 kids (mostly grown) one finishing college, one all the way across the country. Also a hubby, house, 2 crazy jobs, a great dog and an ancient bird. :D

Not at all pleased with where I am right now, but more than capable of fixing it.

W I try to aim for 100 oz most days
E anything moving
E Low carb has worked for me before, I'm back with that
D Think happy!

emiloots
03-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Hey ladies! Emily, 33, mother of 2 boys and 1 girl ages 6, 4 and 20 months. Work full-time and my DH is an engineer and works far too much.

W - 100+ goal daily
E - whatever I can fit in
E - trying to figure it out, working on 100g carbs or less/day
D - trying to fit in some me time amongst the chaos

Crow
03-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Hey ladies, I think it's the right time in my life to get on WEED! Hope I can join you.

I'm Tara, 40, single mom of two girls aged 14 and 11 and an 8-month baby boy (big changes in our home this past year!). We also have 3 dogs, a cat and a gerbil. I work part-time and I'm studying part-time for my MSc.

W-- Start small and make it a habit.
E -- Work out a couple times a week and generally move more.
E -- Make good choices and include plenty of fresh fruit and veggies.
D -- I don't have to wait for goal to look good. Dust off my make-up bag, switch my glasses for contacts occasionally and generally start making an effort.

mothermavis
03-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Welcome Tara! Glad you are here!

W 100
E Did c25k w4d2, gonna do some crunches before I crash!
E Stuck to it today! POP so far
D Yup Tara, we are worth it!!

wanna2lose
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
WEED I like the acronym

wanna2lose
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
W for me is drinking (at least) a glass of water first thing every morning before I eat anything and continue to drink water all day, at first I was annoyed by having to pee so often but I saw results quickly and it is definitely worth the annoyance ~!!

wanna2lose
03-19-2013, 10:01 PM
E for Exercise
I am lucky to have a personal trainer at my gym (Planet Fitness) and he is great, he isn't an additional cost either, he comes with the gym membership so there are no excuses for not making the most of his help
He is very good, and pushes me and keeps me going and I TRY to get there every day, when possible, if not, I do the "wii" fitness and that is fun but not as satisfying as the gym or a bike ride, but its great for a rainy day when I don't make it out of the house

wanna2lose
03-19-2013, 10:04 PM
E for Eats
I have been using Weight Watchers and very happy with the results
I've lost almost 25 pounds since joining in January so I'm sticking with it
I'm not always great with my points tracker but again I'm very fortunate to have a buddy and we often can share meals, shopping, and it makes it so much easier and fun to be losing together

wanna2lose
03-19-2013, 10:06 PM
D =daily journal

I'm using this method to get up to 20 posts :) so I can be a "regular member" on this site so today, this is also helping me be more accountable and feel supportive of my decision to lose weight THANKS THREE FAT CHICKS :)

Crow
03-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Hey wanna2lose, sounds like you've had a great start to the year! It would be awesome to have a personal trainer -- I need something to keep me accountable exercise-wise. I'm finding that much harder than changing how I eat.

Mavis, you're an inspiration. Reading your post I'm inspired to drink a big cup of water and get on the stairmaster! I don't get to the gym much, it's too hard to make time with everything else I have going on, which means that all of my exercise is at home with only myself to answer to.

W: Two cups, an okay start
E: Nope.
E: Nicely on plan.
D: Didn't fish out the make-up bag but wore a new outfit and heels instead of slouchy jeans and flats. And I felt good!

Today I aim to concentrate on making sure I exercise. Have a great day everyone!

mothermavis
03-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Running thru, it's late here and I am exhausted!

Hope everyone is well!

Tara, thanks for the kind words!

w hit it, over 100
e not much today, bit of stretching was about it
e mostly good, but did have a couple cookies! Def not on plan, know better!
d tomorrow is my Friday. My son is flying across the country tonight, please keep him in your prayers!

mtiger
03-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Hey girls...

Mindy here. I am 52, have 2 grown children and teach 4th grade for a living. It is quite stressful right now and March is very hectic. I have a goal of reaching the 160's before spring break. I have one week. Today I was 171. I can taste it and want it super bad.

W- just drink some
E- Gym, gym, gym
E- Can't eat much of anything to lose weight. Stay away from the junk.
D- Believe it...achieve it!!

MM- I like that you went with the blooming through summer theme.

mothermavis
03-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Morning all.
I have 9 weeks til I go on vacation. I would like to be down 30 when I leave. To do that, I can have no cheats and have to lose at least 3 a week. I am not going to be able to run for a couple as I am losing a toenail and running right now is just too freaking uncomfortable. Digging out the Wii fit when I get back from church and going to mix up my exercise!

w 100
e wii
e pop, no cheats at all
d get a grip, you worry too much

mtiger
03-24-2013, 01:02 PM
I did it, I did it, I did it....:bravo:

169.4 and a few days yet till spring break. I am so happy that words cannot express. I just want it to keep going now.

MM- Good luck girl. You can do it.

mothermavis
03-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Mindy!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:!! Yay, awesome job!

lovemydoggiesx2
03-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi, I would like to join in. I'm Sarah, will be 32 in 2 weeks, married, no kiddos, 3 dogs, 1 cat, 9 rabbits, a full-time job, a deployed hubby and in the process of a 100 year old house renovation. Last summer I got down about 30lbs, but after moving back to america from overseas I ate back all that weight in about 6 weeks at Christmas.

W: about 80 a day
E: I have a gym membership that I should use, but now yoga or walking
E: Try for Low GI, less junk food
D: Keep my chin up, and know I have done this before and I CAN and WILL do it again!!

mothermavis
03-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Welcome Sarah!

W 100
e tomorrows-crunches, likely that's it as it's hair day too!
e pop
d be happy

mothermavis
04-01-2013, 07:33 AM
W 100
E Thinking of starting C210k plan, have worked on the 5k many times, need to shake it up, also going to do crunches and planks right now!
E POP, no variations!
D Give work 8 hours, not 7 and no more 10 either.

Happy Monday, 2 weeks and my son will be home to visit!

Crow
04-01-2013, 08:48 AM
W: Managing 2-3 glasses most days
E: Started calisthenics and cardio 3 times a week. Just need to keep it up!
E: On plan.
D: Bought a summer dress and some pretty heels. :o

MotherM, yay for your son's visit. How long will he be home for?

mothermavis
04-01-2013, 09:18 PM
He will be home for 2 weeks!!! Can't wait!

mothermavis
04-02-2013, 07:26 AM
w 100
e crunches, did C210k last night, maybe drag out the Wiifit tonight?
e pop
d 1 choice at a time

mothermavis
04-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Mindy, hope spring break was fun!

W 100
E Wii fit, walk at lunch, stairs
E POP
D Focus on good choices

mtiger
04-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Spring break was awesome!! However it was killer on the diet/weight loss front. I am trying to get back in gear and get back down to the 160's. YIKES!!

mothermavis
04-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Mindy, glad you had a great time!

w 100
e working on 10k plan. Wii fit?
e POP
d choices

mothermavis
04-19-2013, 10:53 AM
W 100
E no running today
E POP
D Enjoy the time with my son, his visit is almost 1/2 over.:(

mtiger
04-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Hey hey. Life goes on. I see everybody has been busy, like me. I am still doing my thing. Working and working out. I am in a holding pattern around 173. Need to get a drop here soon. I am running my first 5K of the year tomorrow. It is a Susan G Komen race. I have realized how much harder it is to run outside than on the treadmill. YIKES!!

Talk at ya all later.

Nixmom
04-29-2013, 12:00 AM
Kris, 41. Married, 4 kids, work 70 hours a week, am 70 lbs over weight. Coinsidence? I don't think so.

Miss Mindy, Miss Mavie, I cannot tell you what an inspiration it is to see you both still here, persevering. I am tired of quitting. I want back in.

Started Weight Watchers with my BFF in mid March. Have been totally uncommitted. Recommitting tonight, here and now. I am going to check in nightly this week (which will be a challenge) but I am worth it. So let me apologize in advance if I seem to be a thread hog. :^:

Here's to Monday ladies!

WEED for 4/29-5/3
W- 108 1/2 my body weight
E- 30 minutes of something
E- Juicing 2x a day - healthy dinner
D- Set your mind for success.

Nixmom
04-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Oh! And Mindy, how was the 5K??????

mothermavis
04-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Morning chickies!

Mindy, yup, how was the 5k?

Kris, Missed ya! Welcome back :D!!

W 100
E do some
E OP
D Monday suck. Don't let it get ya down!

Nixmom
04-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Monday check in...

W- Almost there... 80oz
E- Walked that dog and the hubby came along too!
E- Juice, Juice, Dinner
D- Setting my mind for Tuesdays success.

Hope you are all doing well!

mothermavis
04-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Kris, glad you made it back!

W 100
E Running tonight
E POP
D One choice at a time

Nixmom
05-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Sweet Moses. Day two. Long day, but I survived.

Mavie... running! C25K type? I know you were busting it out before!

Hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday. Wrap up April! Lets hit May strong tomorrow ladies!

W- 80oz again... working on that 100
E- Juice, Juice, Dinner (and a couple small chocolates!)
E- 40 minutes on the bike (at 5:15 am at the gym, are you kidding?)
D- Successful me!

mothermavis
05-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Morning!

Kris, yep. Actually working on 10k now, but have been stuck back on forth at 160's for years, so gotta get on track. :(

w 100
e move it!
e pop
d 4 weeks to vacay!

Nixmom
05-03-2013, 12:31 AM
ACK! Missed my promise to myself to post every night! I did hit the gym yesterday, got SOOOO close to my water goal, and ate on plan.

Now today... well, no gym or walk, ate all day, but did walk away from 1/2 a plate of food and left 1/2 of my margarita at our fav mexican place tonight. Tomorrow gotta get back on track!

Mavie - good for you! Where is vacay??????

W- Maybe 30oz so far (crap!)
E- nope
E - not great, not as bad as it could have been
D - Success it out!

mothermavis
05-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Kris, we are not 100% decided, but know we are going to the ocean. Probably the Carolinas. Can't wait! :carrot: Must get large arse into small shorts, so quite focused right now!

W 100
E None today, have a commitment with YS tonight for a dinner. Long drive to get there, working 1/2 the day.
E POP Ordered fish for the above mentioned dinner!
D Supposed to be an absolutely beautiful weekend!

mothermavis
05-04-2013, 09:06 AM
44539 Ok, hubby just bought this for me for our 25th Anniversary. Seriously! Best Man Ever! And the anniversary isn't til November, but I get it in just a few weeks!

I now have all the inspiration I need to get my arse into smaller jeans. Don't want a wide load sign on my backside! :D

W 100
E Running again today, also some house and yard work
E POP, did go to banquet last night with my younger son and did great!
D little steps, little choices, big result

Nixmom
05-05-2013, 01:49 PM
MAVIE!!!!! Sooooo jealous! Nice bike! The ocean sounds great too, BUT THE BIKE..... COME ON! Yes maam! You best get to steppin' sister and put your best booty on that baby! Congrats!

My life snuck up on me again. I recommitted this morning to tracking diligently on WW. Got my best friend refired up to get back on track. I am going to a bbq today, so will be aware of every item I eat and get it on the list.

Will aslo do better here. This is what my WEED is calling for this week.

W-100+ every day
E- 30 minutes and wear body monitor!
E- Real food, healthy food within points
D - One pound this week. That is all.

Have a great Sunday all.

mtiger
05-06-2013, 08:26 AM
okay girls..glad you are posting. I am hanging around the low 170's, GEEEZZ! Worked in yard yesterday and hurt my back, so taking it kinda easy today. Need to get out there and run but don't think that is a great idea.

MM- congrats on the bike. Vacay will be here soon. We have 5 weeks of school left then my summer starts. YAY!!

Nix- Glad you are here and committed. Stick around and let'sa get this moving this summer.

Nixmom
05-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Evening girlies!

Mtiggie - so glad to see you! Don't give up on those darn 160's. You've tasted them..... the scale will give FOR GOOD. You inspire me to keep moving. There was a day that we were in the same weight range! You have done wonderfully.

Mavie - I'm still pretty darn excited about your new bike! I may have to put this on my bucket list!

I got to the gym this morning. I hate mornings. LOATHE THEM. So this is an amazing feat for the night owler that I fancy myself to be. My current weight has impacted my feet. I have been battling plantar facitis and my right toe has decided to be numb for a month. Doctor swears it will get better if I drop weight. Unfortunately, I can only bike for the moment. Its making me crazy.

Enough rambling. Hope you ladies have a great week! See ya tomorrow!

mtiger
05-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Nix- I used to have that heel problem. I don't anymore, so I feel losing weight does help. Keep working it girl!!

Hurt my back on Sunday. Doing nothing but walking actually. Just twisted the wrong way and TWEAK!! Trying to walk or jog tonight. We shall see. 174 this morning. UGLY!!

Nixmom
05-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Hey girls!

In Arizona at the river for a few days. Needed a break. Will be back here Sunday. Hope your weekend is going well!

Take care of yourselfs!

Kris

klwcats
05-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Hey everybody- I'm Karen, 53 yrs old and live alone with 2 cats. Between the onset of menopause a couple of years ago and two work injuries involving my neck and surgery (2 yrs ago and one upcoming in june), I have noticed a creeping increase of pounds and bulges that were never there before. I'm able to walk and the pool just opened up at my complex to re-start my aquatic running, but am limited to no lifting above 10lbs. I did the Shred diet and although I felt great and learned how to make some killer protein shakes and acquire a taste for tofu, I was disappointed in overall results. My goals for each day:
W= 64-100 oz of water (I don't drink soda at all; also drink herbal iced tea and 1-2 c of coffee, no sugar);
E= I walk at least 10,000 steps or more each day and will be doing my 'running' for 40 minutes a day, 2-3lb resistance bands for stretching;
E= I eat lots of fresh veggies, fruits, shoot for 14-16g carbs or less, lean protein (incorporate tofu and whey protein in smoothies), no breads, no processed foods;
D= Take it one step (pound) at a time and don't beat myself up if I give in to my craving for chocolate.
I look forward to hearing your stories and successes and aim to become a regular/senior contributor on this site.

mothermavis
05-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Hey Karen, nice to meet you! :carrot: Looking forward to getting to know you!

Kris, enjoy the river.

I enjoyed today, it's been about 2 months since I had a free Saturday with hubby. We enjoyed!

goals for tomorrow
w 100
e working on running, 10k program
e gotta be on plan~
d relax, its not life or death

Nixmom
05-13-2013, 01:33 AM
Happy Mother's Day Ladies! I hope you all had fantastic weekends!

Welcome Karen!

I just got through checking out some pictures from our river trip. They will definitely serve as "before" pics. I can't believe I have let myself go so badly. I'm not down about it. I am who I am. Its just a reality check. Probably a good one at that. I usually spend my time behind the camera. This trip was pretty telling. I am just gonna tackle this one day at a time.

WEED 5/13 - 5/19
W - 100 oz
E - 30 minutes 3 times this week. 100 sit ups daily
E - WW Points. Stay with in. Don't starve. Don't slip. Don't eat after 7pm.
D - 2 lbs this week is all I'm after. Thats less than 1%

mothermavis
05-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Happy Monday! Well...as happy as Monday ever is.

Hope Mothers Day was kind to all of you. I heard from both my boys, so mine was awesome.

w 100
E Elliptical, ran yesterday
E POP
D Need to declutter. gonna start today. Thinking I will work on one area at a time. Today is table day.

mtiger
05-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Kris- That's the attitude to have.

MM- My son came over with his girlfriend. Daughter was busy. It was nice!!

So ladies. I am have been having terrible stomach pain. Went to redi-care, then the hospital for a CT scan. I have an inflamed colon. Don't even know how that happens. Also fluid in my abdominal cavity. It hurts. Gave me antibiotics. It is a bit better but still hurts. I cant do things I want to do. Going to my doc for a follow-up tomorrow. Wish me luck.

mothermavis
05-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Mindy, that sounds terribly painful! Feel better soon!

mothermavis
05-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Mindy, how are you feeling?

Kris, hope all is good with you too.

W 100
E Elliptical tonight, ran last night.
E POP
D Stay focused!

Nixmom
05-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Good morning beautifuls!

Mindy... FOOEY. Did your follow up offer any better diagnosis? I hope its gone quick! You deserve a break already.

Mavie - Declutter... mmmmm. I am a bit of an organizer obsessed girl. I think you and I have discussed FLYLady before. 15 minutes at a time sister!

I am officially on vacation today. I do have to grab some stuff from work to have with me. Its budget time and I don't plan to return until May 28th, so I have to be available for a question or two.

Stuff to do today:
Stop at work, bank, CVS, vet, pack for Havasu (again!) and gather up tons of fun reading material! I am so needing the next 12 days to myself!

WEED - same as last post. exercise hasn't happened but I'm taking a couple day break!

Have a great hump day ladies!

mtiger
05-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Ended up in ER last night. I was coming home with some pain meds when excruciating pain hit me again. Thought I was going to pass out. Thank God for my hubbie. They did all kinds of tests, gave me IV pain meds (wow, that was not good) x-rays to ind out My colon is chock full. Now I am taking laxatives and sofetners trying to clear that up. This has not been fun.

Kris- wish I was with you on the boat....

Nixmom
05-17-2013, 04:23 AM
Mndy! That sounds horrible. I'm so sorry. I hope you are feeling better.... Posted some havasu pics on FB if you want to dream about being on the water.

Here to a clear colon... And maybe some lost pounds?

Nixmom
05-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Evening ladies,

Just got home from Arizona. Great weekend. Looking forward to another week off at home before returning to work. I have a lot of "catch up" stuff that I want to do, but really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Like 40 or magazines that have gone unread for 6 months, a folder full of stuff to file, a house full of carpet that needs cleaning, and dozens of outside projects.

What I am finding is that I fill my down time with work and then wonder why I feel like I need a break when I'm at work. I'm not going to do that this week. I am going to take my days off and ENJOY THEM an hour at a time!

I will be reassessing my diet approach and getting some goals clearly established. Hubby and I are headed to Kauai in October. I have to get on track.... the clock is ticking.

Hope you are all enjoying your night. Its a fresh week ladies!

mtiger
05-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Kauai..I smile every time I hear that. That is my daughter's dog's name. Sounds great though...hope a skinnier version of you goes on that trip.

I am feeling better...finally. It has taken forever and a lot of pain. I actually "jogged" Sat and Sunday. It was REAL slow, but something.

Nixmom
05-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Evening Girls.

Just checking in. I feel water logged. Weighed in at 218.6 this morning. Scale is totally heading the wrong way. I did good on food. Didn't exercise but walked doing my errands quite a bit today. Parked far away at stores and walked each isle. My plantar fasciitis has taken over both feet and my right toe is STILL numb (week 7). I have to ditch this weight.

I hope you and your families are all safe tonight. Watching OK tornado footage and my heart goes out to all of those people.

Here's to a better Tuesday, all the way around.

Kris

mothermavis
05-21-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm with you Kris. Just can't seem to get it together, but still trying.

Today will be better.

mtiger
05-21-2013, 08:30 AM
I understand girls. All cleaned out here but no weight loss. YUCK!!

Nixmom
05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Mtiggie - glad you have survived the mass exodus. Not a fun thing to go through. I took hubby to the hospital with stomach pain and found the same problem. It was not one of his shining moments.

Mavie - Lets not quit, okay? I popped on over to your blogspot blog. Your last post was February sister. Wanna challenge each other to hit it weekly? I know its hard, and the days go by way too fast, but sometimes writing it down just helps. What ever "IT" is.

I started taking the Jillian Michaels cleanse and detox thingy. I figured I would get the worst over with while on vacation. Then remembered that we are taking kids camping this weekend. Oh s**t. Can't stop now... just gonna hope I've cleared out before friday. :)

Drink your water sisters!

mtiger
05-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Nix- cleaning out huh?? Fun stuff, I know.

Here is one for the books. Went on a 4 mile walk/jog on Tues. Stopped once to pee in the woods. Then guess what?? Yep, had to find a spot to clean out. NICE!! that was all kinds of fun. Good thing I live in the sticks.

Nixmom
05-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Mindy - you crack me up. But when nature calls, what better place to be than in nature.... huh?

Mavie... hope you are doing well.

Hoping the new girls that started up a few weeks back make it back. Might be time for an encourging IM from us!

Later girls!

Nixmom
05-26-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm back. I have totally lost my toughness mojo. Tent camping won this weekend. Anxiety won this weekend. I came home a day earlier than the rest of the fam. Here's why.

Arrive Friday night at at 9:30pm?

1.) Mosquitoes in full attack mode. Seriously, 2 minutes out of the car - 7 bites. I had to COVER myself in bug spray the whole time.

2.) My 13 YO step daughter started TOM in car on the way day to the lake. She has Downs and does't talk much, or complain ever. I found out the hard way on my cloth seats.

3.) Bathrooms at the camping area were out of commission and under construction. Camp ground area had 1 portapotty that had not been serviced for 5 days.

4.) Lake water was green. Bottom of it was fuzzy. Not real inviting for a bit of a clean freak.

5.) 300 feet from main highway. Traffic ALL NIGHT LONG. So much for sleep, plus....

6.) 98 degrees in the day. 70+ at night. 105 to 80 in the tent.

7.) No showers. No Fans. No A/C. Everything smelled like butt to me.

Needless to say. We weren't supposed to come home until Monday. I couldn't take it any more. My step daughter and I made the 3 hour drive and got home at 11:30 this morning. I feel horrible, but found myself in tears with frustration Friday night, Saturday morning and again Saturday night. I had to tell my hubby I was done with the trip. Felt horrible and relieved all at the same time. He's still there with the boys and my FIL.

Ever bail out on "vacation" because it was cramping your style????

Me neither, until now. I didn't want to go in the first place. I should have held my line, and made DH take the boys only.

Ready for a glass of wine and a quiet house. Sorry for the long post, but hope your Memorial Weekend is a good one!

mothermavis
05-27-2013, 06:50 AM
Aw Kris, sorry it sucked, but glad you are home and can relax for a bit! Thanks for the kick in the a$$

Mine was a bit rough too. Took my motorcycle licensing course this WE. Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was 37 and pouring. All day. Whiteface, which is about an hour north, got over 30 inches of snow. Cold, wet and absolutely miserable. Yesterday was still really cold, but no so rainy. Either way, I am finished and I now have my motorcycle license! Yay!! Now, I have to work Tuesday & Wednesday, but then I am off til June 10th!

I stepped on the scale this morning. Ugh. Back to where I was when I started at 3FC. 163 But, I am back and ready to kick this extra weight. I will be 47 on June 8th. I am going to be under 160. That's only 4 pounds and while it's less than 2 weeks, the first few are water anyway. The hard part is we will be on vacation and I tend to like to eat, drink and be merry! No matter, no excuses. 159 here I come.

W 128 16 oz, 8x
E dread mill for w3 workout. Doing 10k plan now. 10k race in September & October. Signing up for both this week :)
E POP, going back to what works for me. Low carb, reasonable fat and a ton of veggies.
D I'm in this for my life. Stress is making me fat. I want to live to be an old lady. I have to get this weight off and learn to let things roll off my back. I have to stop working 80 hours a week. I have to make time for me.
E

mothermavis
05-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning all! Back to work, but only for 2 days! :)

I did well yesterday, especially for a weekend. Not always my strong suit. I did not run because my legs felt heavy, but I did get in a 2 mile brisk walk and a motorcycle ride! Also stuck with my food plan! Just a few days of low carb and I will be in ketosis and burning fat and also not craving the sweets! (Please hurry!) ;)

W 100
E going to try for that forementioned run from yesterday, also elliptical this morning before work
E POP
D Handle each thing you pick up today, all the way through. Get as caught up as possible!

mtiger
05-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Well Kris...the camping sounds awful. It is way too hot there for me. I couldn't stand it. Bugs...we got em. No fun!!

MM- Rain...yesterday and today all day. Feel like I could float away.

We did get one coat of stain repair stuff on our deck. Then the rain started, Bought flowers to plant and only got a few in the ground before getting drenched. Such is life.

Tomorrow I am going to Michigan Adventure (theme park) with the 5th grade. Hope it is nice. SSSTTIILLL 173.

Nixmom
05-29-2013, 02:37 AM
Evening girls,

Mindy - sucked is putting it politely :) I may have dropped 1/2 dozen F bombs in my recounting of events with friends today. I look forward to a positive report from your 5th grade trip. Only F bomb you will be allowed to use in a sentence is FUN.

Mavie - a motor cycle ride!!!!! Yes! I wanna be in ketosis... but based on the number of tortillas I ate today, there's no way. I really like your last two D's, btw. Gonna borrow your most recent one for tomorrow. Catch up after vacation has been ****.

Okay chicks. Its almost 11pm. I just got home from a Council meeting, and my next meeting is in less than 9 hours. Pray for me.

mothermavis
05-29-2013, 07:31 AM
Kris, always praying for you, have a fabulous day!

Mindy, enjoy the field trip!

W 100
E Got the elliptical, but still did not get the run!*****yes I did! Finished the run, good for me!
E POP, doing awesome the last 2 days, keep it up
D Last day of work til June 10th, get it finished!

mtiger
05-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Trip was fun. It was COLD most of the day. Warmed up for our last hour there. Long day. Tonight I think I am going to hit the gym since it is supposed to rain here....again. Haven't been there in weeks.

mothermavis
05-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Mindy, glad it was fun. Always nice if it's warmer, but kids don't seem to care...at least mine didn't. I was always the one whining if the weather did not cooperate. Good luck at the gym tonight.

Kris, hey there! Hope you are getting dug out from vacation! Thanks for checking my blog and the kick in the butt!

W 100
E Wii? Walk? gotta gotta gotta do some weights
E POP, vacation is not a reason to overeat
D Gotta do to the house what I did to the desk yesterday, everything clean before I leave on vacation.

Nixmom
05-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Evenin' ladies!

I am pooped! Ate like crap! Feel like.... well you get the theme happening today. I am looking forward to crawling my bloated booty into bed tonight.

Mavie - I gotta get back to bloggin. Promised ya I would. I think later tonight or tomorrow. I moved my stuff to wordpress. SIDEBAR - my hubby just threatened to divorce me if I didn't help him to get to the next level of CandyCrush on FB. This is my life. :)

Mind - So glad the trip went well. You are a brave 5th grade herding woman! I had my son at 17. I love him, but I knew then I only wanted 1 child. Then 6 months before that child was 18, I got together with my current husband - and his football team of children. I love them too, but am still a huge fan of the "1 and done" theory. P.S. Good for you for hitting the gym!

I have a tour of water recharge facilities tomorrow (welcome to working on my day off) and then a facial. After that I am going to bring my relaxed butt home and set my goals. I may even set one for Mavies birthday! (its 6/8 Mindy).

Thats all for now. Have a great night and Friday AM girls !

soon2beskinnyCarma
05-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi guys, can you let me know when the next WEED will be starting. I only joined this month and don't really want to start in the middle.

Nixmom
05-31-2013, 12:51 AM
Hey soontobe! Don't run away! We aren't hard and fast deadline girls here. WEED is really just our daily reminder of goals to healthy! Mavie changes up our title to freshen up our season, but we are always WEEDING out the bad habits and just coming here to laugh, encourage and celebrate with each other. Stick around now!!! We would love to learn about you and support you on your journey! Welcome!

On another note ---- We just got home from my step sons recital. We missed him playing because we went to the wrong place and then missed his solo because the performance started before the time they said it would. And to keep with the theme mentioned in my previous post, we came home to a gianormous pile of dog S**t on the living room floor. :) I told you it was a theme today!

Niters all!

mtiger
05-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Kris- Sometimes it is just that way. Whatcha gonna do??

Didn't make it to the gym but did do a 4 mile walk/ shuffle jog. It was hot as Haties and I am impressed I did as well as I did. Gonna do it again tonight. I go meet my husband at work and he gives me a lift home. It is cooler today so my time should be better......unless I need to make one of those "pit stops" again.

Nixmom
06-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Morning girls. TOM had got me all jacked up this weekend. I weigh in on Sunday. My theory that it will keep me on track during the weekend. Yah, EPIC FAIL this week.

I have been really exhausted, or bored, or unfocused. I feel like I need a day of silence. Literally. After 4 straight weekends of kids and going, going, going I am at that stupid "don't ask me anything or I'll cry" point. Its probably hormones, but I feel like I need a break from life. I know you both get what I mean. Gonna try to squeeze out a couple of hours to work out some goals this afternoon.

Mindy... good for you on the walk! Did the second one happen? Was it still hot as heck? Lord knows it is here.

Mavie - will be a blogging fool later. Need to download. Hope you are having a free wheeling weekend!

mtiger
06-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Kris- Yes I did 2 nights in a row, then the weekend hit. You know how that goes. We had a wedding Sat. and an open house today. Been working on some flower beds this morning. Very cool here today..in the 60's. Great working weather.

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Okay going to do my WEED for tomorrow tonight as I may be busy in the am
W: Going to aim for 10 glasses of water.
E: 40 minute walk in the morning, 40 minute walk in the evening, Taking a break from weight lifting tomorrow except the 1 set I will get at work.
E: Going to keep up with my fitness pal. I am going to plan during the week and relax a little on weekends just make sure my exercise is good during the weekend.
D: I am going to try to start meditating. I have a lot of inner peace that I need to connect to, unfortunately I am also a tad bit of ADD

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-03-2013, 10:59 PM
so for my first weed day. I think I may have only consumed 9 glasses of water. I need to measure the amount and keep filling a water bottle all day. Only walked 20 minutes this morning but did walk for 40 minutes this afternoon at a faster pace thanks to walking with some neighbors. They totally walk faster than me. Going to turn off the TV and the computer and try to meditate for at least 5 minutes.
Tomorrow same goals but added housecleaning to the exercise as I am off for the day.

Nixmom
06-05-2013, 12:19 AM
soon2be - So glad you decided to stay!!!!! Come back! Return! :carrot: Good girl on the exercise. Every minute counts and you can split your hour up and be proud!!! Great job on your water. I like to think the watering increases my walking (as more trips to the restroom are needed). Stick with it!

Mavie - Where for art thou?

Mindy - ... 60's. I have been threatened with a trip to Havasu this weekend and its looking like 110 to 115. I have already said. "no thanks" given that I am still recovering from my camping breakdown. I want 60's. Hope you took advantage of it.

We have been spun into house hunting mode. Was looking just for fun and found a fantastic fit for our family. Unfortunately its a short sale, on the market 10 days with 5 offers. Its beautiful. Say a prayer for us... or cross your fingers.. what ever works. :)

Ni-night ladies! Be good!

mothermavis
06-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Kris, I am in Ocean City MD, loving the sunshine for one last day! Be back tomorrow night! I am going to do a happy dance for your short sale!

mtiger
06-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Kris- we topped out at 70 yesterday. that is perfect for me. I could not do 90's and 100's all the time. Not a hot climate kid here.

Soon- good job with the walking.

My last week of school has thrown my butt into a stressed out mess. Eating like crap, not working out. Man I need this week to be over so I can get back some sense of normalcy. My thought for the day...Down with the BS!!

mothermavis
06-08-2013, 04:41 PM
My dear ladies, I miss you! Please visit my blog and comment. I desperately need the support!

W 100
E Went for a walk this am
E Almost POP, son brought me a small PB pie piece fr my BD and we shared it!
D I am trying but I need suuport, hence the begging for blog comments.

Kris & Mindy, I miss you bunches, lets try to get here every day again

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Mavis: posted some blog support.
Mtiger: is that down with the blood sugar or down with the bull s@*t? Lol. Stress is such an evil food trigger. Try going for a walk prior to eating it.
Nixmom: thanks for the support. The neighborhood block party did me in. Now i am going to have to be good all day to make up for it. Good luck on the house hunt.
My weed for today.
W: since alcohol replaced it yesterday going to to try for 120 oz
E: walk an hour this morning and an hour tonight.
E: going to shoot for 1500 calories today in that with the exercise should make good.
D: i believe in the power of me.

mothermavis
06-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Soon2be, love your "D" today! Thanks so much for the blog support.

W 100
E Dreadmill?
E Yuck today, ate breakfast at church, not horrid, but no low carb. Feel like a slug! Clean the rest of the day.
D Little choices for big change

dare 2 dream
06-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Hope y'all don't mind another newbie! I'm Kasey, 26 years old, down in southern Louisiana. I had a lot of medical issues this past year. I found out I had hypothyroidism in August 2012, found out it was because of having Hashimoto's in December, found nodules on my thyroid in February 2013, and had my thyroid completely removed April 22. I'm finally starting to feel normal again and actually have energy!!! I've started exercising again with this new found energy and am starting low-carb tomorrow. Here is my WEED for tomorrow:

W - 80 oz
E - 1 hr
E - 20 g or less of carbs and only foods allowed on Atkins induction phase
D - I can do this!

mothermavis
06-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Welcome Kasey! I am low carb as well, let's keep each other on track!!

Nixmom
06-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Mavie :hug: I'm comin' lady! Been a **** of a week but gonna blog it out!

Kasey - Welcome! So smart to get a hold of healthy in your 20's. Grab it by the horns and don't look back! I look forward to learning about you!

soon2b - I like your D too!

Mtiggie - Schools out for SUMMER! Schools out FOREVER! (Come on, sing it with me) I know you know it..... :D

Well girls. I've been straying into the chip bag, the pizza place and the diet soda fridge. I'm a lumpy slumpy ball of grumpy. I did do about 1/2 of an online goal setting workshop friday (yes for fun) and hope to get back to it tonight. Makes you think. Retirement is "phase III" in our lives. A whole 'nuther lifetime to live. What are you gonna do with it? Based on the statistics, you better be in great shape because it sounds like its go! time once you pull the trigger. It'll be here soon. (Soon2b and Kasey... you listening? Do it now girls!)

Back later!

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-09-2013, 09:05 PM
well I ended up only doing an hour and 50 minutes so far for exercise but will do 10 minutes of lifting and 10 minutes of yoga tonight. Came in just over 1500 calories Hit my water goal. So all in all good day.
Welcome Kasey. I find this is a great way to keep yourself in check. Just make sure to check in daily.

mtiger
06-10-2013, 03:09 PM
So happy to see you all making an appearance here. I was feeling lonely.

Kris- "Schools out for Summer.....not forever. Darn!!" 7 more years, if I hold out that long. Getting to be way too stressful. Hubbie can retire in two. I could take a lower pension and go with him. Target always needs part time help..right??

Well I ate my way through the week and TOM should be arriving this week. I am holding a firm 174.2. YUCK!! I want to see those 160's again in the worst kinda way. Time to starve myself and workout like a banshee.

dare 2 dream
06-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Today has gone well so far. I'm only 2 water bottles away from reaching that goal (which I will easily drink with dinner). I'm right at my carb goal with 22 g and I got in my 1 hr of exercise (45 min treadmill and 15 min weight bench). I'm hoping I'll be able to get the exercise in tomorrow.

mothermavis
06-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Yay everybody!

I did well today, still need a couple bottles of water, but got a great walk in at lunch and just had a fabulous healthy dinner so POP with my food!

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Did good on my goal for yesterday and today even though I didn't write them.
WEED for tomorrow
W: 12 8oz glasses Plus some other beverages.
E: 1.5 hrs of cardio and some squats and lunges plus weight lifting x10 minutes.
E: 1600 calories
D: Get the heck out of the 220's again. Was doing well and then had a party. Ugh.

mothermavis
06-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Morning all! Raining here, yuck!

W 100 oz
E Walk at lunch if its not pouring, crunches, dreadmill tonight
E POP
D Trying to keep the vacation, low stress mood. :)

TIARA
06-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Hey guys... i missed you all.... its been awhile and im happy to see familiar faces.
As for me these past few years i have really let myself go. but now im so ready and motivated to lose what ive managed to gain. im looking forward to reconnect with you all.

W 64oz
e treadmill 30min
e count calories, south beach
d laundry

mothermavis
06-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome back Tiara! We've missed you too. :hug: Glad you are here, we can all help each other.

W 100
E Treadmill tonight, walk at lunch
E POP
D One step at a time

mtiger
06-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Finally got some exercise back into my life. 3 mile walk/a little jog. SLept much better last night..go figure. Even lost a pound today...hhmm!! Must keep it going.

dare 2 dream
06-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Morning everyone! Yesterday went okay. I didn't get enough water or veggies in, but I still was down a pound this morning. Yesterday was a day off from exercising, but I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill and will be doing another 30 minute workout this afternoon when my boyfriend gets off of work. He's going to do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred with me twice a week.

Mavis - You said you also do low carb. I'm guessing it's normal to have less energy when first starting? I was so tired all day yesterday and now feel exhausted after only 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm hoping it's because of the new lack of carbs and nothing to do with my thyroid hormone levels going out of whack again.

Mindy - Congrats on the pound lost! I need to get back to doing 3 miles. I've only been doing 1 1/2 - 2.

Welcome back Tiara :wave:

WEED for today:
W: 80 oz
E: 1 hr (30 min. treadmill, 30 Day Shred)
E: 20-25 g of carbs
D: Clean the kitchen!

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Night all. I am having a hard time remembering to check into all the threads I am on. Too busy trying to move my body. I lost again on the scale and met my water goal from a couple of days ago.
weed for tomorrow.
W: Going to shoot for 64 oz. Although my daughter has a field trip and I won't have unlimited access to water like before.
E: Morning walk 1 hr, walking most of the day at Sturbridge. Depending on how I feel will go for a short post dinner walk.
E: Going to try to stick to 1700 calories. As I have the field trip and will be going out with my daughter after that I will be trying my darndest to be good. Going to bring Luna bars with me to fend off hunger pangs from all that walking.
D: Change is inevitable, the way that you change is up to you.

dare 2 dream
06-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone! So ended up not doing to well on my goals yesterday. I went over on carbs by 5 g, didn't get enough water in, only did 30 minutes of exercise, and didn't get the kitchen cleaned (only did 1 load of dishes). The good thing is I woke up this morning and am 2 lbs down!! That's 3.6 pounds loss so far this week! It feels so good to finally see the scale moving again. People have been telling me the past week and a half that I look like I've lost weight, but neither the scale or my clothes were showing it. I go to Disney World with my family in 10 days, so hoping clothes will be a little bit looser for then.

WEED for today:
W: 80 oz
E: was planning on none for the day, but did a mini 15-minute workout lol
E: 20-25 g carbs
D: Be the person you want to be, not the person other people want you to be!

TIARA
06-13-2013, 10:05 PM
MIndy... Congrats on the pound loss...

Dare to dream... Congrats on your loss...your lucky you have someone to exercise with, i wish i had a partner to exercise with maybe then i'd actually do it when i said i was. lol Also Disney world... that sounds like such fun..

Im happy to say im starting off to a good start, im down 3 pounds on my scale. And ive been eating well. EVen though writing every thing down drives me nuts i know it will help in the long run. im telling myself i will get my butt on the treadmill this after noon even if its for 20 min. i just have to do it.

W 64oz
e 20 or + on the treadmill
e south beach ph 1
D go to sleep early.... and stop playing candy crush... lol

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Definitely down on water intake today. Hopefully tomorrow morning doesn't gain. Weed for tomorrow.
W: 100oz
E: going to try to get atleast an hour in. Not sure which direction. There is a walkathon going on so I should get some.
E: Going to try and keep my morning/lunch calories down as I have a spaghetti supper to go to tomorrow night.
D: Going to spend time with my Mom. We aren't going to have her around for much longer.

mothermavis
06-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Less than focused in the last few days. Need to get back on plan. Have the day off, so will get some groceries and get it together.

W at least 100
E Hiking weekend, probably a run today. Still working on my 10k plan. Thinking on signing up for the Y to get back into weights. Can seem to get them done on my own
E POP
D Peace in my head needs to be my first goal

mtiger
06-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Beautiful day here. Worked outside and made brownies for my birthday dinner. The whole family is going to pizza hut tonight. Should be fun. Must remember not to eat too much of that yummy stuff.

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Well I was up 0.6lbs on the scale. Stupid water. Got all my water in today however ate about 1000 calories over. My mom is very near death so it was a rough day. My sisters told me I shouldn't bother counting but I will count even if I go over because I know if I stop for one day it will turn into the next etc. Better to have my fitness pal tell me that I will weigh 6lbs more if I don't cut the crap. No exercise today either. Off to bed. No real plan for tomorrow. Just try to walk and get some water in.

Nixmom
06-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Afternoon girls. I can't believe its been a week since I've checked in. It has been horrible at work. Been doing close to 70 hours a week and I keep thinking maybe this "screw it all" feeling is a mid life crisis. Do those happen at 41?

Anywho...

So happy to see you all making an appearance here. I was feeling lonely.

Kris- "Schools out for Summer.....not forever. Darn!!" 7 more years, if I hold out that long. Getting to be way too stressful. Hubbie can retire in two. I could take a lower pension and go with him. Target always needs part time help..right?? Mis Mindy, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LITTLE ONE! I hope it was fantastic. I'm sorry about the 7 remaining years, but if it makes you feel any better I have twice that plus to wait for retirement. You'll make it sister!

Mavis - How is the Low stress mood going? and I am sooo sorry I have failed the blog thing. I tried to post something and then had to sign in and then lost it. I will sort it out and get off my pompoms and get to cheering and moving with you, I promise! I just have to survive through June 30th. Budget time is KILLING me this year.

TIARA- Welcome back. We are all onthis rollercoater together. None of us are gonna let it beat us!

soon2be - I'm going simple with my planning this week too. Get my water in and track every bite. I need to move for 30 minutes too. One day at a time... tomorrows a fresh start for all of us!

dare2dream - DISNEY WORLD! Awesome! We hope to take the cruise someday with the kids before they get to big. Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

Okay, getting ready to take the kids all home. I'm going to work on scheduling my time and making an appt with myself to get here. :hug: to you all!

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-17-2013, 12:25 AM
I lost my mom this weekend so this weeks weed will be simple. Drink 80oz of water daily and try to stick to my calories. Hoping to get at least a half an hour daily for exercise. I am not going to obsess about getting my fruits and veg and protein to all balance just going to just try and keep it under 2000 calories a day. The first day was the hardest. I just know my Mom would not want me to gain all the weight back that I have already lost. About a week ago she told me I was really getting to be so beautiful now and she couldn't remember what movie star I looked like. I just have to keep that in mind not to revert to old bad habits. Even on the day she died I tracked all my food. Granted it was almost 3000 calories over but I know it can't fill the void that was my Mom so I can't keep doing that. Today was much better. Ate all my calories plus 200 of my exercise calories. That will put me back to slow steady weight loss and maybe in a month I can go back to the double workouts and 1600 calorie food intake.
Hope all is going well with everyone's weed.

Nixmom
06-17-2013, 10:35 AM
soon2be - So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are a strong strong woman and your mom would be proud of the positive steps you continue to take. We're here for you. :hug:

mothermavis
06-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Oh, Soon2be, I am so sorry! Hugs to you.

TIARA
06-18-2013, 05:47 AM
Soontobe.... Praying for you and your ohana...

Kris... i was just telling someone that and im only 25. we all have our " Screw it." moments its what and how we chose to press on that's key.

I'm happy to report im finally out of the scary 300's. im now standing proud at 298, for awhile i thought id never see a 2 in front of my weight again. lol
I am in desperate need to go food shopping but ive been so busy, which is why im glad i'll be off wed and thurs before i start my nine days working straight.
w 64 oz
e south beach ph 1
e treadmill 30min
d go get some color at the beach,

mtiger
06-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Soon- Sp sorry to hear that. Hang in there girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Mom is smiling down on you and all you accomplish. Make her proud.

So mackinac island was a disaster on my weight. Even with riding bike for MILES...I gained weight. YIKES!!! WTH is up with that. Really tying this week. Did a 4.4 miler and a 2 mile so far. Gotta get something in for today.

mothermavis
06-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Yesterday was the best day I've had in a long time. I am conciously trying to get back on track. Trying positive self talk and focus. Yesterday was just mood focus, didn't worry about anything else. I am not trying to get my food sorted out this this weekend. Then, I am going to learn to use the app on my phone to track. Once I figure it out, should be easier to use and if it's easier....

w 100
e none planned, but I am going to stop at the store and get a new battery for my pedometer
e reasonable, nothing from the vending machine
d i am worth the work

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-21-2013, 09:20 AM
So, some good days and some bad days this week. you all sound like your doing really well. I am down from my high of 219 after my Mom died. I never went back over 220 so feeling pretty happy about that. Nervous about Saturday and Sunday. Saturday will be indian food. My mother loved it as do we all so going to go out for a dinner on Saturday. Not sure what is going on for Saturday nights dinner it's the family gathering and none of us are in an organizing mood. Sunday will be the memorial service at church and some of the ladies in my mom's church could cook. Hopefully I can stay on point and not go over but I always do better when I plan. I just have to limit myself to no more than 2 pieces of dessert and to fill atleast half of my plate with veggies and fruit.

TIARA
06-23-2013, 05:20 AM
soon2be.. i will be praying for you in the days to come, a lost of a loved one makes you experience a world of emotion. when my grandpa passed away i found comfort in food.... totally undoing what took me months to accomplish. be strong....
love your quote...

im getting excited about weighing in again. after so many months of seeing it rise in numbers it feels great to see my weight drop. as of today im officially 296.6. i need to up my workout but i dont want to overwhelm myself because i know if i do my treadmill will collect dust even more. lol
w 64oz
e south beach ph 1
e treadmill 30 min
d make my grocery list

mothermavis
06-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Happy Sunday! I so need a day of rest, not from exercise, but definitely from work and running around doing errands etc.

Tiara, I am so in agreement with not overwhelming myself. I had been getting very down and Thursday I finally decided enough was enough. Picked myself up & decided to chose to have a good day. And it worked! But I am still taking baby steps to get food, exercise and all in line. I am excited this week because they are having an "Energy for Life" seminar at work and I intend to really take what it offers and put it into practice.

Soon, strength to you this weekend. :hug:

W 100
E 10k steps
E Plan well, journal everything!
D Clean the kitchen

Nixmom
06-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Sooo glad to see everyone getting here and so much positive chat! I am lagging at the moment in terms of focusing on healthy stuff. I can't seem to get caught up at work, and there are too many damn family functions to try to keep up with. September/October must be a good month for "cuddling". There are so many fricken birthdays in June and July in this family!

We had our water main line to our house leaking. Hubby started about 4 hours ago trying to fix it. 4 minutes of shoveling dirt and back locked up. Needless to say I'm feeling a bit guilty sitting in the house right now. Figured I'd check in!

Mavie... LOVE THE 'TUDE! I've tried to comment in blog land, but something wont let me long in. I wont give up though!

Tiggie... ahhhh bike rider. So proud of you. I need get some spunk back.... get some adventure going...

Tiara - You are doing fantastico! Congrats! I can't say I'm looking forward to weighing in ever again :)

Soon- How are ya holding up? Thought about you often over the last couple weeks. Keeping you in my thoughts. We need to push out of these 2teens together. I was 217 this morning. Its frustrating.... a day at a time though, right?

Off to check on the water fix. Hope you all have a great rest of your day. Get your water in! Just cuz iits the weekend don't mean ya can skip it!

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Well both the private family gathering and my Mother's memorial service are done. I didn't record food intake for the last 2 days however tried to keep up with my water and sadly no exercise. Will be starting fresh tomorrow with planned meals. Scale did say 216 this morning. :carrot:
Thank you everyone for the hugs
NixMom: I'm in lets break out of the 210's. My goal is to be out of them by august 15th. I'm holding out okay. Put some of my husbands amazing cookies in the freezer. Do have almost a quarter of a sheet cake that I still haven't put away but plan on having no more than 1 piece a day. My daughter will help with that I am sure. If there is any left after 3 days the dog gets to eat it. I will be having leftover thai food tomorrow night and the kids will probably eat other leftovers. Lol on the birthday's. We have that in August and January/February.
Mother: How was your day of rest? Thanks for the hugs.:hug:
Tiara: congrats on the weight loss. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, your right I am staying strong for my mother. I just refuse to undo what I have already lost. I think your doing alright with your workout. Give it a few more weeks at a half an hour then up it by 10 minutes. Are you lifting weights yet?:strong:
Mtiger: thanks for the mom looking down on you comment. I hope so. You may find you drop tomorrow on weight. Someone said when you use a lot of large muscle groups you gain initially. Are you measuring? Was Mackinac Island amazing? It's on my bucket list.
Hugs to anyone I missed.
Carma

mothermavis
06-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Kris, I've missed you, sorry about the back! I am so with you on the work. Can't get ahead! Ah well, just doing the best I can, you do the same. We are human darn it!

MT, hope all is well!

Tiara, yay for great weight ins!!!

Carma, continue to be extra good to yourself. It takes time. :hug:

W 100
E going for a walk at lunch, working on 10k steps
E OP
D Positive attitude!

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Hi guys,
Hit all my goals today,
Plan for tomorrow:
E: 60 minutes in the morning. 10 minutes after lunch and 30minutes after dinner.
E. 1500calories
D: Food is not going to make missing my mom any easier so I am going to think before anything goes in my mouth.
Thanks for the hugs mavis.
Hope you all have a good day.

mtiger
06-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Mackinac was beautiful and tons of fun. Came home with a sore booty. Lots of bike riding on Sunday. Now it is time to get serious. Have to be careful tonight. Going out for my daughter's birthday. 28 yesterday??? Really??

Soon- You just stick with it. Keep your chin up!!

Nix- Come on girl...let's motate.

MM- Just keep on truckin.

Tiara- Great job on the loss. Keep it up.

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Hit all my goals except went over calories by 350 however exercised 718 calories off so my remaining was 621 even with cake :)
Weed for tomorrow:
W: 100 oz
E: Walk/run 1 hr, 20 minute walk after lunch and dinner.
E: Going out to eat so looking to stay within myfitnesspal goal of 1760.
D: Enjoy what the day brings you.

mtiger
06-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Gotta get in a workout or two around here. Holding at 177 pretty firm. Oh how I miss the 160's...

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-28-2013, 05:34 PM
you'll get there Mtiger, slow and steady wins the race. I think I might see 215 this weekend.

mothermavis
06-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Had my seminar, lots of good info, still digesting it all.

Glad you girls are doing well!
Tomorrow, I am getting on the treadmill to run again. Time to move forward again. Glad to have an outline to follow. Tomorrows goals

W 100
E running
E POP
D quit beating yourself

soon2beskinnyCarma
06-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Ugh. Ate at my sisters way too much. Ate my exercise calories.
Weed for tomorrow
W:100 oz
E: 1hr walk/run in am 15 min lunch 1/2 hr after dinner
E: try to sk to 1700 cal.
D:going to see my niece swim tommorrow. Should be exciting

mothermavis
06-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Got my butt in gear! Two miles walk yesterday, better than 3 today and 4 minutes faster per mile too! (Today I was walking and jogging, yesterday just walking!)

W 100
E lot's of moving!
E POP
D "When I lost all of my excuses, I found all of my results!"

Nixmom
06-30-2013, 10:45 PM
I feel like a magician: I keep disappearing. :o

July is fresh month. Starts on fresh week. I need a fresh kick in the arse. The planets are aligning.

I turn 42 in 4 days. I'm fatter today than I have been in 4 years. I have to stop the madness. I think I keep trying to do it all and end up completing nothing. I just have to focus. SERIOUSLY focus. In trying to be aware my actions just today, I realized how I let myself get distracted. I literally cannot keep a train of thought for 5 minutes. Full conversations exhaust me because I either, A.) want some fricken silence, or B.) can't process enough to be a contributor to the conversation.

I am supposed to be off work this week. I am going in tomorrow to complete 1 staff report, prepare back up documentation for 1 claim, and have 1 meeting. Thats it. I hope to spend Tuesday setting and reprogramming my goals (its a birthday thing - every year just before I review and readjust my 5 year goals). Wednesday I just wanna lay under an air conditioner and stare at the ceiling.

I love you ladies muchly (in a virtual love kinda way) and am so glad to be able to have you and this thread as a stable place. Thank you.. for being here.

I hope you are all getting a nice restful night. Soon - glad you are pulling through gracefully. Mtiggie... seriously... could you be anymore dedicated? Mavie - I'm heading to your blog right now. Tiara... Tiara? Hello?

Okay chick. Be good to you. Thanks for being here for me.

7/1-7/7
W-100oz
E -100 sit ups a day
E - WW at or under points - LOG EVERYTHING DAILY! (get the LED out!)
D - You are worth it. How ever long it takes, you are worth it.

mtiger
07-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Not much in the way of working out over the weekend. Did get in an 8 mile bike ride with hubbie. That is not too taxing though. Today I am hosting lunch for my friends. Always fun. Man can we talk. Once they leave I need to get in another good run.

Girls- everyone gets busy with life but we need to make ourselves a priority. Schedule that time with ourself just like any other important event. :carrot:

soon2beskinnyCarma
07-01-2013, 09:25 AM
:woohoo:214.6 this morning ladies. I have you all to thank for it. Me sticking with checking in has helped me keep in check so thank you.

Nixmom: Make sure that you add in your goals to get out of 210's with Carma. We have this sending you :dust:. :bday2you: a day early.

Mtiger: Congrats on keeping the exercise up. Love your quote about scheduling our time for ourselves as a priority. Have a great day. :goodvibes

Mavis: So proud of you on the exercise. It's so hard in the heat. That's why I try and get out in the morning. ;)
Tiara: :wave:
Weed for the week 7/1-7/7

W: 100 oz
E: 90 minutes a day
E: stay below my 1600 during the week so I can have more on the weekend when I am away.
D: It's no coincidence
that four of the six letters in health are 'heal'.
-Ed Northstrum

Nixmom
07-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Carma - Nice Work! I would be happy to follow you out of the 210's. Lead the way sister!

I am going back to weighing daily. It keeps me tuned in. Today was back into the 210's at 219.6. At least it wasn't 220's. My goal is 1% a week. So.... I need to drop 2.2lbs this week.

Mtiggie - What kind of bike are you riding? My hubby really wants to bike ride, and I need to jump into some adventure with him. I just don't know where to start. We have a huge beautiful lake 5 minutes from my porch and it has a 24 mile trail around it. I would love to conquer that ride... but on what?

Mavie - Aw yah lady. July 1st. New thinking, new motivation. New 1/2 o'the year. Lets get it started!

Okay, off to work to do my 3 things then straight out the door. Hope you ladies take this 1st day of the week, 1st day of the month, 1st moment of the second 1/2 of the year to do something great or small. Just do something.

mountain mama
07-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Hey everyone:) I'm jumping in on this- I'm back after gaining all my weight back- :( but thus is my time and I'm finally on track! I remember some of you guys from my first romp on here, you may remember me as Fauxtini:)
Either way I'm glad I'm back!

As for the weed:

W- I chug it like a drowning fish all day long- it's a miracle liquid:)
E-until now I've been focusing on getting stable with my eating, starting excessive thus week- struggling with making time in my day- but I can do it- aiming for at least 3 days a week to start.
E-eating has been good- eating as naturally and from the earth- thank god for my fiancÚ green thumb and huge veggie garden we've grown!
D- finding a minute to chill- sitting on the porch long enough to enjoy a class of water, making sure to be on here daily and cooking and eating things I enjoy:)

mothermavis
07-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Fauxtini, I remember you! Welcome back!

Kris, Yay to out of the 220's! Good for you! Hope you did only your 3 things!

Mindy, nice thought and I agree, we need to do it for ourselves!

Carma, you are rocking it! Good for you!

W decent today, need a couple more bottles tonight
e crunches and leg lifts while i watch tv
e good day, one more snack and I am done!
d count your blessings

Nixmom
07-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Afternoon girls!

Down to 217.2 this morning. Water weight but I'll take it. Just had a not so great breakfast, but it was out with hubby and that kind of time contributes to my wellbeing, so....

Mountain Mama - Welcome Back! I remember you too! We are still in this constant battle. It just takes commitment. Glad you came here!

Mavie, Soon, Tiggie... hope you ladies are good. I finished 2 of my 3 things and said screw it on the 3rd one on Monday. As soon as I finish here, I am packing my suitcase for a 4 day Havasu jaunt with the Hubby. We usually don't hit the river on big weekends, but we are looking forward to staying out of the crowded spot and to fishing at night!

Off to pack then relax. Be good to yourselves! I'll check in tomorrow!

soon2beskinnyCarma
07-03-2013, 12:29 AM
Ugh, must sleep. Way too much sodium yesterday plus a few extra calories so I was up 0.2. Better on the sodium today so hopefully tomorrow it will be back down.
Nix: Glad your scale is moving in the right direction. We will say goodbye to the 210's together.
Hi to everyone else.

mtiger
07-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Got in my 3 mile run yesterday...after nor working out all weekend and Monday. Then made chicken nachos for dinner. Too many salty chips. Need to drink more water. Must get some kind of workout in today. Getting hair done then a doc appt. FIT IN A WORKOUT!!!

Nix- I have a Trex. It is a combo road/trail bike. We have modified it a bit with a new seat, hand grips and new pedals. It is pretty comfy except on really long rides tushy gets a little numb. I say go for the comfort bike.

mountain mama
07-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Hey ladies!

I somehow stayed on plan yesterday and it was nothing short of a miracle- the scale rewarded me greatly for no emotional eating and I am down over a pound today! I love a good WOOSH! Lol

Mtiger: I'm envious of your run- I can't wait to get myself back in shape and running again- the c25k changed my life once--- it will again, for good this time!

Mothermavis: leg lifts and whatnot while watching tv- I need to get on that--great idea-- I will attempt to lunge and squat my way through some '30 rock' episodes tonight:)

Nixmom: happy to see you still here- wish I had the brains to have never left- this forum and you ladies have inspired me steady- and I should never have been embarrassed to return after gaining my weight back- when all if you are the key to getting it- and keeping it off!

Have a great day:)

mothermavis
07-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Mountain Mama, what's important is that you are back! We are glad to have ya! C25K is a great program. I've been trying to get into a 10K program, now that I have been busy taking my life back I intend to get back to it!

MT, good jobs on the run!

Carma, sodium gets me too, just drink!!!

Kris, have a fab weekend!!

I have to work Friday but then I am off next week. That's it til September which super sucks, but it is what it is. Better to stay on track, can get my routine down and stick to a 3 night run after work!

W 100
E Do some moving
E Been pretty good but need to cut the little cheats, had a couple today and they are not advancing my goals
D If you are tired of starting over, quit giving up!

mothermavis
07-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Just signed up for a "Color me Rad" 5k for September!

soon2beskinnyCarma
07-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Just signed up for a "Color me Rad" 5k for September!
Awesome Mavis, great job. :bravo:

Nixmom
07-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Well, I must have had a little fun because my scale is PISSED. I needed the outing. We met up with some friends on the 4th, had some drinks at multiple watering holes by the river, and then walked down to watch the fireworks. It was nice to have other people there to hang with. Hubby and I tend to fish, eat, sleep, repeat when we are down there. A bit of boat trouble this trip forced us to find things to do that we normally wouldn't.

I still haven't gotten through my goal setting (Carma... the 210 exodus will be on the list) but I did buy the kindle version of Getting Things Done. I hope to read a goodly amount today and then work through the week pulling myself back together. It became very clear to me this week that I have to regain control of my thoughts. I can work myself up into a frenzy with absolutely nothing around me sparking it. My head is full.

Mavie - a color run! How exciting! I need to pull off about 20 to even be able to walk 1K much less 5. I hope you plan to post pics (at least in blog land!).

Mtiggie - the bike purchasing talks have begun. Apparently the TREK is what my hubby had in mind all along. I realize I am going to have to commit to this form of exercise at some point, and that both scares and excites me. :^:

Carma - I'm afraid I have fallen victim to sodium overload in the last 5 days. I feel like a water retaining manatee.

Mtnmamma- I have been in and out of the site too. You're not alone (I simply beat you getting back here this time :smug:). Let stay the course this time. I fully expect you back here to check in again soon!

Alright, gonna go read and enjoy my last day before the return to work tomorrow. Hope you ladies are getting some you time as well!

mountain mama
07-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey guys:) had a nice long weekend- didn't do much fourth partying--- but got so much done around the house-- baked healthy wheat bread, cleaned, worked on the veggie garden and my son is finally potty trained! Minus night time... I don't even know where to start!

I've stayed on plan and the scale isn't cooperating--- walked and ate great... Thinking TOM is about ready to rear it's ugly head so hopefully that's what's going on with the scale.

Nixmom: I'm glad we are back--- don't let me leave again! Lol

soon2beskinnyCarma
07-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Ugh, partied hard on the cape. Lots of good food. So WEED for this week as follows.
E: Going to try for 90 minutes a day. Minimum will be 60 minutes.
E: 1400 calories. I should be able to do it.
D: Enjoyed the weekend now I am back on track.
Nixmom: Intrigued by the book title. May look into that.
Mtnmamma: Good news is we are always here.
Mavis: Hi, hope you had a good 4th.

mothermavis
07-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Morning all! It sounds like everyone had a good 4th!

I've been great too, still out for the rest of the week, which is nice. Wanted to hike today, but it's supposed to be torrential downpours and flash flooding this afternoon, so....side of a mountain is not the place to be :D Gonna get off the computer and go for a quick run before that happens. I am working on W3 on the 10k training program, so will try to get that in before the weather.

Also going to abandon the food plan from the seminar I took recently. I have actually gained 5 pounds in a week, so yeah, no!!!!

Be back to chat later.

w 100
e the above mentioned run, maybe wii yoga??
e pop, right back to low carb/somersizing
d make good choices. Also gotta get some house work done

mtiger
07-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Ladies....look like everyone had a great time this 4th. We had all the kids over for a cookout. Went to the sand dunes on the 5th and did some work around the house the other days. We are getting ready to list my house so we have fixed up a few things.

Found out we will be grandparents soon. Big surprise!! My step-son has been dating this girl for about 6 months. It is what it is.

Going to get some stuff done around here today. Much easier with hubbie at work. LOL. I think a good run is in order this morning.

mountain mama
07-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Hey ladies:)

Back to work today---- thank The Lord for coffee:)
TOM arrived this morning, so I'm continuing to work my butt off regardless of what that mean ol scale says and hope for a nice surprise on the scale when it's all over!

Mtiger: congrats on the baby on the way--- sometimes thing aren't 'ideal' but hey, you will be getting a cute little baby to love on :) yay!
I had my child very early in my relationship with my fiancÚ it turned out to be perfect timing after all:)

Mothermavis: please stay away from those mountain sides during flash flood warnings!!! Lol and yay for wk 3 on the 10 k program-- you runners inspire me:)

mothermavis
07-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Oh, by the way

:bday2you::bday2::celebrate:

Happy Birthday Kris!

mothermavis
07-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Didn't run, but walked 5k this morning. Moving is moving.

w 100
e will move some more later
e op
d I quit smoking, I can certainly lose this weight

mountain mama
07-09-2013, 03:30 PM
W- never have trouble with this one--- chuggalugga!
E-using caloriecount on my phone really helps me track things--- I'm learning that I must always document my food to keep perspective and stay on track:)
E-this is where I struggle- time is hard to find but I've decided even if I can't go out for an actually planned excercise I will stay on my feet and get things done- be it cleaning, chasing my child around or whatever. I miss Zumba--- I need to figure out a way to make time to get there...
D- working on enjoying moments in life whether or not they are part of my plan-- to not feel defeated when my husband needs me to help with our side business on Zumba night and to just make the best and heakrhiest choice available to me.

It's 102 outside today--- think a swim is in order!

mothermavis
07-10-2013, 03:05 PM
W 100
E Went for a run, think I am going to repeat week 3, sore, but happy! Mtn Mama, you made me think I have WII Zumba, time to break it out!
E POP
D Don't give up!

mtiger
07-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Summer always throws me off kilter. I don't work in the summer...home alone alot. No set routine in the summer, not as active as you would think, since I don't go to work everyday. Wish I could lose some this summer, but at the rate I'm going that's not gonna happen.

Have a day trip planned to go see the tall sailboats this weekend. That should be fun. In a few weeks my hubbie will be on vacay for 2 weeks. That should be interesting. Don't know exactly what we are planning yet.

Nixmom
07-14-2013, 02:07 AM
Back in the fattle again. :)

Mavie - thanks for the bday wishes! Sorry to hear about the backwards food plan. I actually gained an additional 4 lbs IN ONE DAY TODAY! I started right, and then an 11:30am decision to take kids to the beach and hour away resulted in full food havoc. Lets just say there's not enough elastic on the planet to make me feel any kind of better right now.

Mtiggie - dunes.... house selling, baby. Holy cow sister, go big or go home in your world, eh? Mtnmamma is right tho.... we don't get to plan all of our life for a reason... some reasons we find out after the fact!

Mtnmamma - Love your "D" - Trying to live those moments myself. I need to get better.

soon2be - I am still in the throws of goals setting. I keep waiting for the perfect uninterrupted day to occur and its obvious its not going to happen. Hope to dedicate at least an couple of hours to it tomorrow. Getting things done does not seem to be happening. :)

alright ladies. Off to turn down whatever the noisy movie is in the boys room, and try to get some shut eye. I have less than 90 days to Kauai. Gonna start with a clear head EARLY tomorrow. Have a great night!

mothermavis
07-16-2013, 07:50 PM
OK girls. repeat after me. Must get our sh!t together. Let's go, no excuses. Good choices!

w 100
e crunches
e mostly OP, tomorrow back to perfect. Today I had a minor slip, but tomorrow will be better. So will tonight!
D I am in charge of every choice I make

mtiger
07-17-2013, 12:37 PM
So we had a car shortage today..darn kids. Took my husband to work at 7:15. Havent been up that early since school let out. Since I was up and moving I took my happy A** to the gym. It is still there..amazing. I think I should repeat that performance tomorrow and maybe Friday. Especially since my scale said :sssh:181.4 today. :devil: One would think this is a result of impending TOM, but I havent seen that since the end of April. What gives???

Nixmom
07-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Mtiggie - you go girl! Did you make it back to the gym today?

Mavie - I suck. I did today anyway. It has been crazy. 2 straight days of 18 hr days did not a good eater make. I'm my arse in gear. 1st gear.

Soon - Mtnmamma - come on chicks. summer is getting away from us!

Beginning tomorrow.
W - 100oz
E - WW track it 33 pts
E - I hate this. My feet are not done aching and my big toe is STILL NUMB! I am going to go buy my new shoes for working out tomorrow. I have to.
D - Learn to love yourself.

mothermavis
07-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Kris, we can do it. Have to make the same time for ourselves that we do for everything else!

W 100
E Exercise, supposed to be close to 100, whatever it is will be inside
E POP
D Leave work at 5, not 8

mtiger
07-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Made it to the gym again yesterday...YAY!! I have sore muscles everywhere. Today I am going to go for a long walk. Let the pain subside a bit but still get in some activity. I better go do that right now at 8:15 before it starts to swelter.

soon2beskinnyCarma
07-19-2013, 05:00 PM
OK girls. repeat after me. Must get our sh!t together. Let's go, no excuses. Good choices!

I'm trying mavis. I keep gaining 5-6lbs each week and then losing it. I am back down to 213.8 this morning. Hopefully I can keep it up. So busy at my Mom's.

E:30-45 minutes
E: Trying to just stick to 1760 calories
D: Must get Sh!t together.

mountain mama
07-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone- have a sick toddler in my hands- I'm managing to stay on track with the stress- will write later tonight if the baby goes to sleep tonight. Been a rough few days, just wanted to check in and let you know I have not disappeared!!

soon2beskinnyCarma
07-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Hope your baby is good mountain mamma. Sick kids no fun.

mothermavis
07-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Ugh.
Better. Please give me the strength to make good choices!!

W 100
E Mopping and housecleaning
E OP
D I can

mountain mama
07-21-2013, 01:13 PM
W- my mason jar full have water hasn't left my side all weekend!
E- again- where I'm struggling-cleaning out the ton of stuff thrown in my basement and making a yardsale pile is my workout for the day!
E- in dire need of groceries- but doing good:) staying between 1500-1700 and as natural as I can- I already have anxiety for when the garden's done for the year!
D- a quote a friend sent me: "Strength and resilience emerge by your own will to become a better person no matter what downfalls happen in your life. Be your own hero. " Love this.

Nixmom
07-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Morning ladies.

221.6 this morning. Mark it. I am determined to stop this madness.

I weighed in online at weight watchers, which I have not taken seriously. I am going to the store today and going to take full advantage of the summer fruit and veggie season before its over. I am running out of time!

Mavie - I hope to blog around today. I'll be visiting you. I'm flexing my willpower muscle for you!

MtnMamma - Good job on the water! I need to go fill mine up! Thanks for the reminder.

This weeks WEED:
W - 110 oz daily (this will be tough, but so important)
E - Move for 30 minutes a day 5 days this week. Even if its slowly!
E - 32 points or less - I don't particularly agree with point versus calorie counting but I have to start some where. Right now, I'll let WW help.
D - What is your very next action? Your immediate next physical action? Is it get off the couch? off the computer? Just do it.

mothermavis
07-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Big meeting at work today. Thinking it may be bad news for us, but, alas, out of our control, so it is what it is.

W 100
E c25k tonight
e back on plan
d don't beat yourself

mtiger
07-23-2013, 08:22 AM
12 mile bike ride Sunday night, gym yesterday, gain 2 pounds. WTH??? No TOM since April 28. Maybe I'm pregnant. HAH!! That would be the shits and extremely impossible. Maybe TOM has given up the ghost. We shall see. Sure wish I could lose some weight though and not gain it.

mothermavis
07-24-2013, 08:28 AM
So, meeting was not bad for me personally, but was bad for several of my co-workers. Sucks.

W 100 better yesterday than I have been, but not great
E Running tonight after work
E OP, did mostly good yesterday, but did eat a king size PB cup. Usually gives me a migraine, but did not.
D I am my own worst critic. Today, I will love me.

MT, 12 miles, you rock!
MM, mason jar of water and stress over garden...have you tried canning some of your bounty for winter?
Kris, I have been a crappy blogger, but keeping at it. I have a lot to say, just need to find time to do it!

mtiger
07-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Hello out there.....where is everyone??? So I got in a 4 mile walk/jog yesterday and getting my hubbie to go to the gym with me today. I keep gaining weight.Up over 180 and SSSOOO pissed about it. What's up with that???

Hope you all are dong well.

mountain mama
07-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Hey guys:)

Mothermaivis- each year I'm learning more and more about preserving my garden bounty:) canned salsa and dill pickles, and frozen a bunch of tomatoes, zucchini bread( my healthy version),and green beans- tried making strawberry and honey preserves for my yogurt but must make another batch with a lot less pectin! Lol

I really do want to live off the land more--- it makes me feel like my family is getting so much more wholesome goodness!
Only problem. With living off the land--- I still need the Internet!!!! Lol

mothermavis
07-28-2013, 09:42 PM
MM, I canned venison last year for the first time. Was so much better than frozen and no freezer burn! I want to try dilled green beans this year. We picked up a jar at a roadside stand, so good!!!

MT, I am going the wrong way too, but determined to turn it around!

Kris, Hope you had a great week!

tomorrows weed
w 100
e run, 10k steps
e op
d be happy!

mountain mama
07-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Motherm: I want to try dill green beans as well!!

W- I've been drinking it... But getting bored- time to slice up some lemons n cucumbers!!
E- Zumba! I need to go to Zumba again. I haven't worked out forever and I need to make time--- it's hard with a kid and a few jobs!
E- I have a child in my class with a severe nut allergy- must get more creative with my personal snacks during the day- everything healthy seems to be a but ' nutty'
D- try not to be whacko over the scale. Weight fluctuates.

mothermavis
07-30-2013, 07:36 AM
MM, do you put both in your water at the same time?

W 100 oz, could use the variety, slicing sounds interesting
e run tonight
e POP, vending machine is not in plan
d 8 hours of work is plenty

mountain mama
07-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Mm: yes, lime and cucumber slices are my fave combo:)

W: force fed myself water today- must stay well hydrated!! It's a rainy, dreary day- I'd prefer more coffee!!!;)

E- fingers crossed for Zumba tonite, if not- cleaning out basement is option b

E- avocado makes me happy. Just sayin.

D- just breathe- and yelling doesn't help ANYTHING !

soon2beskinnyCarma
07-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Ugh, up again and it has to be lack of water. I have been focused on staying on check with my calories. Really hard eating out 2-3 times a day. Going to bring carrot sticks/and grapes for today's eat out. Water to drink at the movies with the kids. Hopefully popcorn won't spiral me. Off for my walk.
Trying to get under 210 by next Sunday. 214.4 today which I hope is sodium/water related because I was down to 212.8.
Weed for this remainder of the week.
W: 100 oz that is my magic number. I have only been getting around 64 oz
E: Walk daily. Trying to get 50 minutes in. Bonus if I get a second walk.
E: Trying to stick to below 1700. Not eat my exercise calories either
D: determined to do this. I will get under 210.
Have a good week all.

mothermavis
07-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I have to not keep bars in my desk. I ate 4 today. That did not help me at all!!

W 100
E Tomorrow 10k steps
E POP
D back to the lunchbox. Pack everything, eat only what you brought with you!

soon2beskinnyCarma
08-01-2013, 05:47 AM
grrr 214.8. maybe its ovulation. 96 oz of water yesterday too.

mothermavis
08-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Friday, finally!

W 100
E crunches, steps. Did get my 10k trainer run in yesterday
E op, good choices. No more than 2 drinks tonight. (We are going to friends)
D Relax and enjoy the day

mtiger
08-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Okay..so this menopause thing is kicking my butt. I don't know how to deal with it. I am getting the hot flashes, moody OMG, everything gets to me and my weight just wont seem to stop going up. I have gone from 170 to 185 since April. It is out of control. Anybody have advice??

mothermavis
08-03-2013, 11:20 PM
If you get it figured out Mindy, let me know:?:

mtiger
08-04-2013, 08:16 PM
MM- I started a thread about weight loss and menopause. I have been getting some interesting feedback. You should check it out.

amfay11
08-04-2013, 09:14 PM
welcome any newbies?

mothermavis
08-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Always Amfay, come on in! :carrot:

AlligatorSky
08-05-2013, 11:12 AM
W - Carry a bottle around, refill when empty, gonna shoot for 96 oz, today.
E - Gym tonight!
E - Make sure to count calories, don't snack around on things off plan.
D - “There is no failure. Only feedback.” :)

jcatron243
08-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Good Morning everyone. Hello to my old friends! I haven't posted in a very here in a very long time (I may have popped in to say hello last year).

This forum helped me get within pounds of my goal weight four years ago, but after a couple of injuries and lay-offs my weight has gone back up. In fact I am very ashamed of my weight gain (close to 45 pounds), but I am ready to take my body back again. I know my body well. I lose weight very slowly so I am setting up realistic goals for myself. 1 pound a week and I will be happy. I am using NSV's to help keep me going rather than scale victories.

My plan is pretty simple:
W: right now its 64-80 oz this is one part of my diet that hasn't changed much.
E: I am running again. (after 3 years off) My goal is to run 60 minutes 3X per week and 30 minutes 3X per week with one off day. I am also trying to swim 3 X per week (no weights yet)
E: I have been logging in my calories over the past two weeks. My aim is 1500 calories. I have been over and under but as an average 1500 has been pretty good to me.
D: Not to let the number on the scale ruin my day. Don't psych myself out that I can't do something just because it is hard.

With all that said I am down 7 pounds over the past two weeks, but more important yesterday I was able to wear a pair of shorts that a month ago I couldn't even button! I am feeling very inspired at the moment. I just need to keep the momentum going!

mothermavis
08-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Jeni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you!!! :carrot:

W 100
E Crunches
E Make mostly good choices
D Keep on keeping on!

jcatron243
08-06-2013, 11:14 PM
I've missed you too MM!

W~ got in about 64 oz today
E only a 20 min treadmill walk today. My sister was talking to me so it was hard to run. (but I did work 12 hours so I count that walking as well!)
E~I have come in at about 1400 cals today, work was busy busy and I didn't get in my snacks.
D~ Keeping positive. Work has been really difficult lately. Today was no exception, but I did keep positive.

mothermavis
08-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Jeni, are you still working at the same place?

Mtn Mama, Where are you?

Kris>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>come back!

Alligator, Amfay, don't be shy!

Mindy, I was reading a bit of the meno thread, interesting stuff!

I have continued to spiral out of control, last night at 10 pm was eating leftover KFC. Must stop the insanity.

W 100
E Running or at least briskly walking
E I do the grocery shopping & I make the meals, no excuse for eating crap
D I need to love myself enough to make me my own priority

jcatron243
08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
MM~yes I still work at the same place. I'm back on days for the foreseeae future. :).
With that note, I am working an overtime day today so I will not be running an hour. I will try to get in 30 minutes tonight.

W. 64 oz
E. 30 minutes
E. 1500 cals.
D. Work hard. Feel good.

mountain mama
08-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Hey everyone: was out of town for a few days- I'm an aunt! My sister in law had a gorgeous little girl on Friday!

NSV: I didn't give in to temptation- and didn't struggle this weekend, even while surrounded by food- lost weight on a vacation away from home. Kinda feeling like super woman! Haha. But seriously, I'm just glad that my mind is finally in the right place- it wasn't hard- I want to nourish my body and I'm not going to sabotage my health.

W. water really is a miracle 'drug'.

E. still a loser about the whole working out thing. Told 3 people I was going to Zumba again finally tomorrow so that u couldn't back out!

E. eating seems to be the one thing I've got control over lately- I did splurge on a foot long sub at subway today though. At least no cheese! Lol

D. Constantly reminding myself to eat things that benefit my body and nourish it. That chocolate bar won't do anything for my body of value.

Missed you guys! Glad I'm back!!

mothermavis
08-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Jeni, glad you are back to days!!

Mtn Mama, Congrats on the new baby !!!!

W 100
E Running, did the elliptical and a walk yesterday
E POP
D I am worth it

jcatron243
08-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Mtn Mama~ Great job on vacation!

MM~ I had a rough time for a while (the day shift supervisor is a jerk). But the supervisors were switched around and now I have a great supervisor and a good work partner! So my mood has changed drastically!

Yesterday I didn't make it to my treadmill, but today is a new day. I am going to pop on for a 60 minute run. I'm thinking about swimming this afternoon too.

W~80 oz
E~60 minute run (working on my speed/distance right now I am at about 4.25 mile)
E~ 1500 cals
D~ I am not letting fluctuations on the scale bother me. Do what I know will make me feel good ~ eat well and exercise!

mothermavis
08-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Hey ladies! Happy Friday!

Jeni, I'm glad you're back too! My supervisor just got switched again as well, I am going to be working for a guy I worked for before and I am thrilled. Hoping the reduction in stress will have positive results for me!

Mtn Mama, Good for you for getting it straight in your mind. Can't wait til I am there too!

w 100 oz
e gotta do some, did not get it done yesterday, worked 12 hours, had no energy
e pop today
d do it for myself

mothermavis
08-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Ran last night and walked today. Feeling like a rock star!

W 100
E Had a nice two mile walk
E POP
D Choices

My first choice has to be to quit drinking. I have been extremely stressed, I have been drinking more days than not. Not to get drunk, just to unwind. I am quite sure that has as much to do with my weight as menopause does. Going to skip it at home completely. If I have one or two when we are out, not gonna worry about it, but that will make it a couple times a month, not a couple a day. Going to see what kind of difference that makes by 10/10!

jcatron243
08-10-2013, 09:22 PM
MM~I so feel you about the drinks. I think I was at a point where I was drinking every night 3-4 glasses of wine. I cut out a lot of my wine over the past 3 weeks (not all though). I am down to 1-2 glasses 3 nights a week. :)

AT this point my plan to run 30 minutes after work isn't happening. It's okay since I am so active at work, but I am still trying to get in something. (I work 12 hour shifts and I am on my feet walking 10 hours of that time, so my feeties hurt at the end of the day.) I ran a mile yesterday, but today it isn't happening. Tomorrow I have to take the kids to my moms, and Monday I have to go get the kids. I am not getting to hard on myself though. Tuesday I am going to run and swim!

W only got in 35 oz today :(
E walking at work, that is it.
E 1500 cals
D staying positive at work is hard sometimes, but finding the good in what other people are doing helps.

mtiger
08-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Hello ladies. Jeni- glad you are back.

Went away for a few days and like MMama came back a few pounds lighter. Must keep heading in the right direction. This menopause thing really sucks!!

mothermavis
08-11-2013, 09:03 AM
OK, so what MT and MtnMama are telling us....must take vacation. I like the way you think! ;)

We actually do have a few days away planned for September. :carrot:

Jeni, I admire that you are able to run 30 minutes at all. I am not back there yet. I'm still like run 4 walk 1, run 4 again and so on. Ever where a pedometer at work. I bet you get miles in there too!

Looks like a beautiful day on tap here, so not going to spend it on the computer!

W 100
E not sure yet, I know we are planning to go motorcycling later, so I am not going to worry about it right now. Have to be at church in an hour, then cycling after that. Elliptical or dreadmill tonight? Probably,
E POP Yup
D Relax, enjoy the day.

mothermavis
08-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Happy Monday. Ate well yesterday, but had a healthy but carby dinner. Not on my plan. But mostly good. Did not get much exercise (was out and about but no actual planned exercise, just moved more) Still had a great weigh in!

W 100
E Must do some today, dreadmill, lunch time walk, maybe stairs?
E POP can't be off every day
D Make good choices

Nixmom
08-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Life blip got me off track here, at home, the whole works. No boring details.... I'm just back.

Mavie, MTiggie, MMama and Jen :hug:

No time to view thread so a big hello to anyone else here! I am a work in progress. I would like to see some, progress that is. Scales a creepin up, so I'm a weedin it out...

W-100 oz - DO IT!
E - 10000 Steps a day (body monitor charged)
E - Log it. If its going in your face - write it down.
D - I am the only me I've got. I need to take care of it.

I'm going to win.

mothermavis
08-13-2013, 09:43 AM
:hug: Kris, glad you are here. We can do this, weed sisters do help!

W 100
E Run, 10k steps with Kris! -(back to say I forgot my pedometer, but I walked a lot, just ran 35 minutes on the dreadmill (run walk, working on the c25k again)
E POP
D Keep on keeping on, not drinking and weight seems to be responding. :D

mtiger
08-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Kris- you ave no idea how many days I've started logging my food only to fall off tracking by the end of the day. Hey..at least I started off the day right. My point is we just need to keep restarting and never give up.

Anyone hear of Garcinia Cambogia? Supposed to be the latest greatest weight loss supplement out there. Let me know.

jcatron243
08-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi Kris and Mindy!!! :hug: back at ya.

MM~ My runs are slow 4.1~4.7 mph but I am shocked I am able to at all. I used to wear a pedometer at work, 8-11 miles per shift. I count in the walking as movement, just not a workout. (even though lately it has been 95 degrees in the building so I sweat a lot :)

Mindy~ I have never heard of the supplement, but I am not to big on supplements.

Kris~ I log my food every day (even my wine) . I sit around 1500 cals a day.

W~100 oz the last couple of days I haven't gotten in enough
E~60 minutes on the treadmill. shooting for 4.25 miles (editing to say I got in 4.4 miles!!)
E~1500 cals (day off so this is a bit harder than workdays)
D~ focus on today, not yesterday nor tomorrow.

I have been getting to know the scale movements of my body again. Hopping on it every morning to just to see and logging it in. Because of the fluctuations, I am only giving myself an official weigh in once a month. But it was nice to get on the scale today for it to say I lost 3 pounds since yesterday :) (which equals close to 10 pounds lost since July 22).

Time for my run then pick up the kiddos!

mothermavis
08-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Kris,I have to get back inti logging to. Was trying to use Fitday, but have not been so good lately. TY for the reminder.

Mindy, I haven't heard of it either?

Jeni, yay to almost 10 pounds gone!! Running is running, I can't wait to get back to it! I'll catch you soon I hope! You are doing awesome!

W 100
E Going to go for a walk, elliptical, crunches and need to start weights.
E POP
D Just keep trucking!

mtiger
08-14-2013, 11:05 AM
I am trying a more laid back approach these days. Instead of busting my hump at the gym or running 3 miles, I am trying just a nice brisk walk everyday..about 2 miles.Then of course I need to cut my food to somethings close to bird rations. We shall see. i noticed while on vacation we did a lot of walking out to see lighthouses, several times a day. I came home with a weight loss. HHMM!!

mothermavis
08-16-2013, 08:31 AM
Mindy, I don't know how many times a day you eat? I went to this wellness class recently and 1 of the things they emphasized was small meals and snack, spread out into 5 or 6 sittings, making sure to fuel your body every 3 hours or so to keep metabolism burning! And walking is wonderful exercise!

Jeni, Kris, Mtnmama, hope all is good!

W 100
E gonna run tonight, wanted to run this am, but have a terrible headache, so will skip that til later!
E POP going to the fair this weekend I think, have to be good today so I can have a bite of the fair food DH buys! I will stick to a chicken gyro for me!
D Don't criticize yourself, there are plenty willing to do that for you!

jcatron243
08-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

Mindy what matters is that you keep yourself moving! I think being more laid back helps our sanity.

MM~I hope that headache goes away! We missed our fair this year because I had to work :( Have fun

W~100 oz if possible. I will be out all day school clothes shopping, and well-child checkups
E~ ran 4.6 miles today 62 minutes :) I can see that five mile goal!
E~ keep it to 1500 cals
D~ Keep my focus, don't get frustrated, keep on working out.

mothermavis
08-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Happy Saturday, I missed you! Seriously, in dire need of a day off.

W 100, about 1/2 way there so far!
E Ran on the dreadmill this AM, W4D2 of C25k and piled wood for about 2 hours. Whipped but definitely got my exercise.
E POP, may go to dinner tonight, still POP, no excuses!
D I am worth it. I want to be healthy more than I want that snack!

cheeriloos
08-17-2013, 04:44 PM
I saw the title of this one and was like whaaa? Lol
Hi everyone, I signed up for 3Fc In 2008, yet I'm a repeat offender on the same pounds.. recently started checking out new posts and love all the activity on the site, for years I would stick to one thread , but started branching out, its awesome to have so many people doing this with you! you will see me everywhere now. This whole site is awesome because of each of you guys! And me :)

Ok so,
W- 40 oz so far
E- riding bikes with my daughters when hubby gets home
E- no bread, pasta or potatoes
D-I am doing great so far and am not going to get derailed this time.

mothermavis
08-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Welcome Cheeriloos!

I am losing the same pounds again too. But, am planning to make them stay gone this time!

cheeriloos
08-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Thank you!

mountain mama
08-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Hey ladies! Currently in a fight with my scale, but staying on plan! Lol

Mtiger: I used to work at a health food store- I'm sure it wouldn't hurt' to take it, but like most of the latest n greatest- its not going to melt weight off or any of that stuff you hear from all of those supplements. I used to be a huge supplement girl- but water seems to work better than any pill:) good luck!

W ok- lemon water today!
E getting a workout in he never possible- aiming for making it to both Zumba classes this week- my knee better cooperate! Must look into knee wraps..
E staying on plan- love my green smoothis, but need to make some new recipes- spice it up a little!
D it's a lifestyle- not a diet- need to sneak more health into my family's meals.

jcatron243
08-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi cheeriloos! I'm losing the same pounds too.

Mtnmama~ I've only done Zumba a couple of times. It was pretty awesome, but my body never wants to move the right way.

MM~ Glad you got your day off!

Yesterday wasn't that great of a day for me, I ate too much, not enough water, but I did swim for an hour.

TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!!

Planning for today is a little difficult. It's my 12 year Anniversary so definitely a date night. I'm not really sure what we are doing other than dinner. Maybe we will hit the gym together, go for a steam, a movie, then dinner?? I actually haven't been back to the gym since I started working out again. I have been to the pool, but not the weight room. DH started working out again last week (Yay for him!)

I'm trying to fine tune my workouts. I have found that running an hour two days in a row is really hard on my body, so I want to add in the other machines at the Y. I just have to take that step.

Today:
W~100 oz or more. after yesterday I need it!
E~ run 60 minutes? elliptical? I will workout, I just don't know how yet.
E~ stick to 1500 cals!!
D~ Don't worry about what the scale said today. Keep working out, watch those calories, and be patient.

mothermavis
08-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Morning ladies!

Jeni, happy Anniversary! Good for you, enjoy the day, and it's a new one. Let yesterday go & start fresh!

Mtn Mama, what's in your smoothie? As for sneaking more health in, I picked up Jessica Seinfeld's book for a friend last year, some great tricks for getting more veggies in without them knowing!

I am sore from yesterday, up a little, but I am sure it's because I was working so hard!

w 100, need to get to it, just coffee so far
e maybe just a nice brisk walk? Stretching
e op
d keep going

cheeriloos
08-19-2013, 09:34 AM
W 100 oz plus,I wanna get 6 cups of green tea in today.
E belly dance class today
E no bread, pastan or potatoes
D each day is a gift, make good use of it

mountain mama
08-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Jcatron: my body never goes the right way- but as long as I don't look at myself in the mirror, I feel like a superstar! Lol

Mothermaivis: my usual smoothie is 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen mango, 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, a couple handfuls of baby spinach, a couple handfuls if kale, a 1/2 cup plain green tea and a few ice cubes. It makes me happy. Even my 2 year chugs one every morning!

I guess I'm at my first plateau. Starting to get irritated, but trying my best to breath, lol

NSv: 4 people have asked how much weight I've list and said how good I look today at work! Psyched! :)

jcatron243
08-19-2013, 03:00 PM
W~100 oz
E~ 5 miles today 67 minutes
E~1500 cals needing them to be clean calories today
D~ focus on today!!

mothermavis
08-19-2013, 08:01 PM
W 100
E Not much, kind of beat
E decent day, but not perfect
D Ugh

mtiger
08-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Okay...so after 3 1/2 months TOM returns. WTH??? It is a doozie also, kicking my butt. All I can hope is that it takes a few pounds with it. That would make it worthwhile. Been crazy busy with M-in law stuff and then school set up. Havent gotten a walk or jog in for a few days. Need to get out there.

jcatron243
08-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi to everyone.

W~100oz
E~5.31 miles 70 minutes (done)
E~1500 cals
D~ Keep moving

Nixmom
08-22-2013, 12:35 AM
popping in. stressed out of my gourd. wishing things would lighten up. I hope get back here friday and catch up. For now... I must vent. (I apologize in advance, I feel like that person that throws the grenade and then turns and runs).

I just gave my son a list of expectations I have for him if he wants to continue to live here. Not a bad kid. Works. In school too. Plays college baseball, but cant seem to lift a finger at home or pay me on time. I just want him to put as much discipline in to contributing to the family as he does his 2 a day gym trips. HE'S 24. I gave him the list (he was already up in arms about having to sit down with me).

I'm tired of nagging, bossing, and having to be the friggin adult all the time. I direct a Public Works department of 85 people. I work 60-70 hours a week. I am exhausted from lack of common sense and the entitlement theory that I deal with day in and day out. I handle everything at home except cooking, INCLUDING MY STEP KIDS ISSUES, and I am ready to quit my life. So, I said that. With my son and hubby in the room, I said, I am tired of being the boss. Im ready to quit as a mom. I'm ready to quit as a wife. I'm tapped out. Done. People around me need to step up. Son - here is what I expect you to do if you want to live here. He took the paper and stormed off. My hubby just stared at me.

Through my tears (i'm f'n exhausted ladies) I said "what?" and DH said "I'm waiting for my a$$ chewing." I said no chewing for you, you need to step up and have a partner conversation with me. So HE began to lecture me on finding something to do to relax and reminded me how frustrated he gets when I "plan" and don't do exercise/relaxing/getting out of the house.

Not.... what can I do to help. Just "YOU SHOULD". My heart is broken and just want a soft place to land with a house full of people who help because they appreciate what they have.

Maybe another day, I guess. For now, I'm sure my son is plotting his escape (I spoiled him ladies... this is my fault), and my husband is probably watching hunting and playing candy crush.

I may go eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream, AND THEN WASH MY OWN BOWL as everyone in the house should do. :(

Miss you girls. Cheeriloos... Welcome. I'm not usually such a bummer post writer. Hopefully I can make it up soon. :^:

jcatron243
08-22-2013, 01:13 PM
:hug: Kris I wish there was something I could say or do to help you through this.

Today is my official weigh in day. My goal is to lose 5 pounds per month. I'm sure we all know that our weight fluctuates day to day. I weigh myself everyday to understand my body a bit better. I don't want to get discouraged and give up (again), so I am keeping complete track of my workouts and food intake, and weight. Today marks 1 month since I weighed myself and said enough is enough!!

I am down 7.2 pounds! I surpassed my goal for this month!
NSV~I am now able to fit (comfortably) into 3 pair of jeans and one pair of shorts that I avoided all summer long! I have 2 pair ready to be tried on in a month!
Workout victory~ I can now run 5 miles without taking a break. Running goal: try to make it to 6 miles, swimming~ 33 lengths no stopping (currently I swim slowly with stops every 2 lengths)

Plan for the next month? I think I am going to continue with what I am doing now.
W~ continue to drink 80 oz + per day.
E~ continue to run, and improve. Once school starts I will get myself to the gym to incorporate more swimming and eventually weights into my workout plan.
E~ Starting tomorrow (I promised the kids lasagna tonight for dinner) I am going to stop eating carbs at dinner time. My husband is up for this as well :)
D~ continue to focus on one day at a time. Not criticize myself. Do not lose myself completely in my want to lose 5 pounds that I ignore everything/everyone that matters. Most important DO NOT LET THE SCALE DETERMINE MY MOOD!

Today
W~ 100 oz
E~ 30 minutes on the treadmill (I have found that I lose energy when I try to run 60 minutes two days in a row), maybe swimming
E~ 1500 cals buy some new fruits to try
D~I did great last month, but this is a new month. New goals, I know I will have some trouble with this next 5 pounds. I need to remember that and keep on trying!

cheeriloos
08-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Kris :hug::hug: one thing you could try is,When you are both in a better mood, go somewhere away from the family even if you have to sit in the car just the two of you in your drive way or drive down a block so the kids Dont interrupt.. tell him that you want his support and you're feeling really alone the house and you need your partner to give you a little more back up in certain areas. No matter how much relaxing/ workouts/me time you get, coming home will always be stressful unless some changes are made. You want to feel appreciated and peaceful in your home, you earn that every week. You know your family loves you back , but they need to start carrying their weight. Just say what you need to say without getting angry, he's your husband and you can tell him, he knows you better than most other people you know.I completely understand how frustrating that must be. Maybe a little family meeting. I hope it works out the best possible way.

I know you're not being a negative Nancy, just venting and thats why we are here. To back each other up as much as possible :hug: I definitely have my time I need to vent, Your situation sounds so much like what I was going through for a while. It makes me feel kind of sad too. :hug:

cheeriloos
08-22-2013, 02:41 PM
W 100 oz ,i better get cracking!!
E missed yoga because my car is an idiot!!
E carb up since I hit a still
D will hit my goal and be happy even if i feel a bit sad about my weight today,now I see why I quit so many times I get impatient and something always comes up to distract me or tempt me or stop me. I am choosing a new lifestyle and I will not quit again because I love myself and my family and I deserve the best version of me.

mothermavis
08-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Kris, hugs. We love ya! Hubby probably thinks he is "helping" by encouraging you to take time for you. Men are not always bright!

Ugh, I am having a crappy week! Tomorrow it will be over :carrot:

cheeriloos
08-23-2013, 09:00 AM
W 100 oz
E 100% Op
E gym 30 minutes
D do not quit even when you slow down you're still on your way!

mtiger
08-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Kris- Men are just bigger boys. They are clueless at times. What he thinks is "helpful" is not what you need. Spell it out for him...calmly. SOns on the other hand...I know. Mine has been living with a girl (trying to make a good relationship) but it's not working. He may be moving home on a "temporary" basis until he finds something else. It never ends. Hang in there and set things straight with your boys.

Down a little bit..not much, but something. Gonna keep trying. Need to get out for a walk/jog today.

soon2beskinnyCarma
08-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Kris: :hug: Sorry your not feeling the love.

Cheeriloos: welcome. :carrot:

Mother & Mountain & : :wave:

jcatron243: congrats on the running gains. And on the weight loss. That's great.

Me I am holding at 207.8. Hoping to get to 205.0 by the weekend but will be happy with not gaining. I had to get my daughter journaling food now. She has gained 15lbs over the summer. So at her physical in November we will have labs checked. I see her PA in 1 month after she journal's her food and exercise for that month. She is to have weekly weigh in's. If she gains more I am to get her in sooner for labwork. :(

WEED for the weekend.
W: 100oz.
E: Walk at least 60 minutes a day.
E: Stay under 2000 calories. Try to stay under goal of 1700.
D: I got this. I can do it. I will be under 205.0 lbs by labor day.

mountain mama
08-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Hey guys:)

Kris: I understand your strife- I'm short a lot of women do. And my child is only 2! Lol men just think a different way it seems- it feels crappy to not get the appreciation and support you deserve- know that we are here for you and get, the first step is letting them know how you feel- maybe once things cool down they will start to get it. Thinking if you!

W chugging!
E exercise is the only thing I just can't get going- plan to walk my butt off this weekend!
E besides giving myself a complex about food and calories and nutritional content I'm doing great- a little extreme but that's just how I do things.
D smile. Breathe. Make the best choice you can in any given circumstance.

Nixmom
08-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Thank you ladies. You are all so so sweet, and so right. I have never been good at dealing with family matters without emotion. I feel like if I wait for my calm to open my mouth, it just never happens. I think my son is still upset (he took it as I want him out... not the case). At least my house got a decent vacuum and my laundryroom is not littered with stuff. He seems to be taking me a bit more seriously.

As for hubby he does mean well, they are wired different, and I know we both need a conversation away from interruption, and when we are fresh... not at the end of the day.

I am blessed to surrounded with you girls. I am looking forward to a full nights sleep tonight. We have the kids, but with school back in session, its a good time to reset the house rules. Everyone will be in bed by 9 hopefully including me. Giant :hug: to you all. I needed the support and you chicks were it.

Enjoy your Friday nights! I'm back here sunday to reset my WEED. :thanks: again!

jcatron243
08-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Good morning everyone!

Getting the kiddos sleep schedule back on track for school (starts Sept 3). They are okay with it.

This week's workout will be non-existent :( I work everyday but Tuesday until Saturday. (12 hour shifts, on my feet) I am going to try to get into the gym tonight for a little low-impact workout, but we will see how tired I am. Plus Saturday we are going school clothes shopping. I will be off the week of labor day though, so I will start hitting the gym!

W~80 oz
E~ just walking around the plant. Keep on moving!
E~1500 cals, no carbs at night
D~ focus on today!

mothermavis
08-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Morning all. This is a really tough weekend for me. Baby back to college.

121 days until Christmas. I figured that out this AM after my son left for college. He is extremely fit and I know it bothers him that I can't seem to get back on track. I am going to really make every effort to work at this for the next 121 days. The plan being that by then, fitness is a way of life again.

I am going to do something everyday for exercise. Walk, run, hike swim....cardio. I have to get some type of weights going too. Perhaps will rejoin the gym for Body Pump?

W 100
E Did W6D1 of C25k. Yay!
E Low carb. Made breakfast for my son, hubby and FIL before son left today. Older son was missing, he works 2000 miles away, but hoping he will be here for Christmas too! :)
D Make good choices, one at a time.

Nixmom
08-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Good morning girls,

Got a call from my mom yesterday. We are all headed to Kauai the first full week of October. She wants to lose 10 lbs and said we should keep each other accountable. I agreed. She called me from her 40 minute walk with her dog. I spoke to her while lying in bed. She lost 50 lbs in a year (literally set a 1 lb a week goal) I've gained 19 in the last 12 months. She will be 60 in October.. I'm 42. What's wrong with this picture.

Mavie - my son (who's car broke down so he's speaking to me again - shocker) works at General Nutrition Center (GNC) and, like your baby, is in fantastic shape. I feel the same way you do about needing to stop the madness. 121 days huh? Thats 4 months. Lets pick a healthy challenge each week and work together. Wanna start with 100 munches a day today? I'm gonna, just incase you agree!:hug:

Jcat - your 12 on feet makes mine ache just thinking about it. Bless you my child. In my current state of foot pissedoffedness, I could not do it.

Tiggie - did you get your walk/jog in? Weather and plantar fasciitis permitting, I am going to try to get a walk in tonight myself... in your honor. ;)

Cheeriloos - thanks for the post again. I reread it and realized that my frustration is just what you put in words. "No matter how much relaxing/ workouts/me time you get, coming home will always be stressful unless some changes are made. You want to feel appreciated and peaceful in your home, you earn that every week. You know your family loves you back , but they need to start carrying their weight." This is it. On the money.

MMama - I love your D. I am borrowing it for the day. Thank you!

Soon2b - Here's to some positive results with your daughters health. You are a good mom for paying attention now. If she can figure it out now, maybe she wont have to fight bigger battles later.

Okay ladies. I'm off to have a few hours of leisure before gearing up for another week of work. I am going to hit the gym in the morning for some recumbent biking, which means I have to turn in early!

W: 110oz daily
E: Walk to park, around park, and back S/M/W/TH/F
E: Log it in MFP
D: When it feels like too much, and you want to react, take a moment to check in before you speak. You cannot take back words that freely escape your mouth.

mothermavis
08-25-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm in. Crunches await. 50 upper and 50 lower?

soon2beskinnyCarma
08-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Good morning girls,

121 days huh? Thats 4 months. Lets pick a healthy challenge each week and work together. Wanna start with 100 munches a day today? I'm gonna, just incase you agree!:hug:

:rofl:I am going to assume you got auto corrected from 100 crunches to 100 munches.

Thanks for the positive feedback on my DD decision.

soon2beskinnyCarma
08-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Can I get in on the 121 days of exercise challenge?????

mothermavis
08-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Carma, of course you can get in on the 121! And the munches were intentional, I used to do a ton of crunches. MM and crunches = mmunches! ;)

Coming back to say to Kris & Carma, got my 100 in, did you??

jcatron243
08-26-2013, 06:49 AM
121 days?? Okay sounds good to me too.

Kris, I do get cranky. I am not nearly as bad now as I used to be.

I will add in the mmunches too!

Three days into a no carb for dinner routine.

W 80 oz
E just walking at work (and mmunches)
E 1500 cals
D focus on today, not tomorrow and not next month. Make the right choices today.

mtiger
08-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Well look at you girls all motivated up and rearing to go!! I did my 2 mile run on Friday and the scale said 181.4 on Sat. Now for the bad news. We had pizza Friday night, Sat. was insane, Did a lot of errands dealing with his mom then got the call that my son needed help moving out of his GF's house. So off we go with the truck. He is an emotional wreck, then she shows up at our house that night. Not pretty. YIKES!!!

Yesterday we went to the beach and just kicked back for a few hours. AAHH!!!

Well today is a new day. I am going to walk this morning then go to Michaels and spend some money with my daughters 40% discount. Fun, fun. School 3 days this week for me, then it is game on next week. This weekend we are going to Mackinac for the Labor Day bridge walk. Should be fun.

mothermavis
08-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Hey all! I skipped the computer this AM, which was awesome because I got dinner in the crockpot and a quick workout in!

W 100
E got my mmunches in, a bit on the elliptical this AM and a walk at lunch. Doing some weights tonight
E POP so far, need to stick with it, night time is my weakness
D Do what you know works for you. To heck with all else!

mtiger
08-27-2013, 08:18 AM
182.4 182.4....what gives? Nothing apparently. Walk/jog 3 miles yesterday, ate good and no loss. BLECH!!!

mountain mama
08-27-2013, 02:12 PM
It may have taken two weeks of strife, but the scale finally gave in this week! Note to self: just stay on track and EVENTUALLY the scale will reward me. Lol

Nixmom: I'm excited about your upcoming trip(and slightly jealous) ! Don't stress and enjoy! You deserve it!

Mothermaivis: your d makes me smile! It's so true:)

I'm up for 121 days of anything healthy- especially if it will help me get on track with working my butt off!

W: chug.
E: my wonky smashed toe is no excuse- work out in socks! ( even if you look silly at Zumba ... No ones looking at your feet as much as your flailing anyway!) lol
E: upping my calories and not feeling bad about it- I wasn't feeling hungry but I was feeling weak and run down these past few weeks. Upping from 1500 to 1700-1800.
D: sometimes you just need to chill out. Sometimes that's all your body needs.

mothermavis
08-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Kris, please take me to Hawaii too!!

Hey all! Got my mmunches in! 50 upper, 50 lower (2 sets of 25)
Also ran w6d1 again from the C25k plan.

Mtn mama, Thank you! I keep looking for the magic button and Im trying to remember it's just hard work!

Mindy, hope your son is feeling better about things. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

W 100
E tomorrow will be elliptical and some more crunches
E POP
D Focus!

mountain mama
08-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi ladies!

Doing good today. Great Zumba work out last night, and in my socks. Who would have thought a stubbed pinky toe 2 weeks ago would leave me still unable to wear my shoes!?

I'm 3 pounds away from 40 pounds lost since mid June. Psyched!

And my dear mother told me to go shopping for a used elliptical so I can work out at home ( hard to make it to the gym with a 2 year old!

Anyway- weed!

W- water is the best Medicine:)
E- upping calories seems to help. I feel happier and more energetic! My workouts feel better too.
E- looking into ellipticals and aiming for both Zumba classes this week:)
D- don't forget to sleep!

mothermavis
08-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Yay Mtn Mamma, sounds like all kinds of good things in your world (except the toe)

Nixmom
08-29-2013, 08:49 PM
WOOT!

Soon2be - MMunches are named after our famous MotherMavis. They are in fact crunches though.

Yes upper and lower, and I need to extend them one more week as I got to a late start this week!

I'm ready for an extended weekend. Tomorrow is car shopping and with the humidity and heat here (thunderstorm central at the moment) I am really not excited about it. Cross your fingers that we find something quickly!

I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW!!!!!

mothermavis
08-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Crunches done, running done!

Tomorrows another day!

soon2beskinnyCarma
08-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Haven't started munches yet will start my munches on Sunday. Friday and Saturday are going to be hectic. Have exercised at least a half an hour each day. Need to exercise this morning but feeling really bloated plus dog woke me up 20 minutes early.
First day of having internet back. Our modem broke. Can't get wifi to work with it though. We recently dropped cable and now the modem broke. Ugh. Luckily my husband hard wired our dvd in the bedroom so can watch more than just dvd's. However husband picks the shows it seems so less tv time for me.
Trying to get to 205 for labor day. Got down to 206.2 and going in the wrong direction now. Then 206.6 now 208.2 today. Hoping it's just a bound up thing but I was way over calories yesterday. Also, under water intake, It was just one of those days that I was just so hungry but nothing was making the hunger go away. Ugh.
Nix: Good luck on the car.
Mountain: Congrats on the weight loss. That is amazing. Sorry about the toe.
Mother: We got this. Will continue to move and hoping to get some crunches in starting Sunday but will try today and Saturday.
Mtiger: hugs.

jcatron243
08-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Lost 8 pounds since Monday :( I just had to stop in today to let everyone know that I am going to try to keep coming back and post, but I may not be getting in much WEED.

I have been crushed nearly completely and I have to spend some time putting myself back together. I wrote it all out but deleted it. I will be okay, but I will never be who I was before. My marriage will be okay, but never the same.

W the only thing my stomach will hold.
E I am working so nothing, but when I start eating I will start running
E today I have to try to eat. Anything.
D Keep the demons in my head from making me cry. recognize my manic mood swings. and not to cry again at work.

mothermavis
08-30-2013, 07:11 AM
Jeni :hug: Sometimes you can only put one foot in front of the other. Hang in there. Please take care of yourself while you work through this. I sent you a PM too.

Carma, good luck with your Labor Day goal!

Everyone, Happy Labor Day!

mtiger
08-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Jeni- oh dear!! Sorry to hear you are suffering. Hope everything works itself out for you. Hang in there.

We will be going away for the long weekend..4 days together. Boy do we need this with all that has been going on in our lives lately. Moving his mom and her losing her mind, moving my son and drama with his ex-girlfriend, getting ready for school and dealing with my 2 teaching partners that aren't partners. YIKES!! Gonna enjoy this time away. His daughter and boyfriend will be joining up with us. Hope she doesn't get moody.

Tuesday..back to the grind and a new batch of kids and interesting situations at school. Wish me luck.

Nixmom
08-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Good morning girls,

Jen - :hug: If you need anything, we are here. If you want to share and download just PM. You have friends here. We have all battled through our own trials and are ready to serve some time just listening if you want to vent. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

MMama - Nice work! (Makes me realize I need to suck it up with my feet and just start moving.) Come on 40 down!

Mavie - got it!

MTiggie - Enjoy sister! You soooo deserve the break. I'm thinking drama free thoughts for you.

Soon - good on you for getting some exercise in. I need to follow your lead!

Here's to a manageable day and great weekend to everyone! Be good to yourselves.

mountain mama
08-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey everyone:)

Jenn- hugs and positive vibes being sent your way. Like everyone has said, we are all here for you! Keep moving and know you are never alone!

Ate out last night- so up a bit today. Working on not letting one meal blow my entire weekend or weightless so far. What a mental game I play with myself!

Mtiger- hoping for rest and relaxation for you, lady!

jcatron243
08-31-2013, 06:25 AM
Thanks for your support. I really appreciate you guys. I had more calories today. Mostly in the form of OJ to keep my blood sugar up, but I still tried. I am going to be okay, I have good friends and family that are helping me through this.

I don't mind saying it. He was having a sexting relationship with a 21 yo that he works with, for 4 months. To some because it wasn't physical its not cheating. To me, it was. I lost all faith in the person I was. I never wanted to be the wife to tell him who to talk to. I have never been upset when he looks at other women, because he comes home to me. He came home every night. I new they had been texting too much. I never asked what it was about. In that regard I blame myself. We have had a lot of talks, he understands that he was cheating. There is no more relationship with her except work.. I am trying to trust that. His boss knows, so if she needs to talk to him for anything there will always be witnesses available so it doesn't get unprofessional on her part. I believe it is over for him (well it is a 80/20 belief). I am just afraid of it happening again. The only time I feel any security in our relationship is when we are together. My neediness is so far beyond what and who I am its revolting to me. That is why I am working on me first.

We are going to be fine. Going out on a family weekend for school clothes shopping. We are working on trust, and my insecurities. I understand why he did it, and I accept it. It is going to take time, but we will get back most of what we had. I am very manic with my mood swings, but they are already getting better. :)

mothermavis
08-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Jeni :hug: We are here for you. Hang in there. You are awesome!

Mtn Mama, I am having the same issue. We had Outback last night, the salt sent my weight up and now I have to get back on track and not let it get away from me!

MTig, enjoy the weekend!

Kris, :carrot: manageable day. Sounds awesome!

Soon, hope all is well for you too!

W 100, focus, struggle more with that on weekend
e running, got to get my crunches in.
e pop, yesterday was not perfect. today will be better
d declutter one room today, going to start selling some stuff on the local Facebook garage sale page!

sweetmalibu
08-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Hello! my name is sara and have 2 boys 14 and 7. so glad to be back on 3fc for all the support received on here is priceless!
W- 80 oz daily
E- watp daily
E- low fat
D- believe in myself

mothermavis
08-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Welcome Sara!