Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #1  

Height: 5"6

Default Burn/Injury/Demotivational Woes- HELP!

Hey ladies,

I need some help today. I have about 30 excuses as to why I shouldn't work out this week and I don't know if they are legit. I posted earlier that I have a huge second degree burn on my arm from stupid cooking on the weekend, but it's gotten worse. I just got back from the Health Centre and I have a bandage on that can't get wet for 4 days. I also have a gimp ankle, so I've been doing the punching cardio only in 30 Day Shred, but now I can't do that either!

I do have an elliptical at my school I can use. Please make me use it, as it is a good low impact/no arm alternative! I can easily say "screw it!" but I refuse!

I also saw a 3 lb gain this morning, which I am sure is water weight, but still- it's amazing how the scale's movement in either direction can make or break a day.

So, ultimately, I need to workout so much that I don't gain, but not so much that I get sweaty since I can't shower??? Sigh.

-Sarah
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Damn girl!!! Lol. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I hurt my ankle before and I couldn't use the elliptical so I wouldn't tell you to use it if your ankle isn't up to it. I personally sweat a LOT when using the elliptical so I don't know if it's good with the burn on your arm. Hmm.. What about weight lifting? Less sweating that way? Ball (the big bouncy blow-up kind) exercises?

I don't know. Hope I helped just a bit. :-/
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #3  

I'm so sorry you are hurt and burned yourself, ouch.

You have to take good care of yourself and healing yourself up is more important than exercise right now. Just be very mindful of your calories in and still drink your water, etc.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

There are certainly times when you should not work out. There are certainly times when we all look for excuses not to work out. Problem is, only you know which time this is.

You can lose weight without working out, so if this is one of the times when you shouldn't be exercising, then that doesn't mean that you still shouldn't be working your food plan and eating in a manner which creates a caloric deficit. There's no reason why not working out should result in any weight gain if you're mindful of what you're doing.

Last edited by Robin41; 03-18-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5"6

Hey guys- thank you. I appreciate you helping me remember that the power really is in my hands. I decided not to work out today, but I hydrated like a beast and ate 1350 calories (I usually aim for around 1500).

Good thing weight loss isn't emotional or anything, eh?
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote