Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Default surgery after weightloss

ok, so i've become a bit paranoid about the issue of sagging skin and stuff...

recently, if i look in the mirror, and pull my stomach in really tight, it gets kinda bumpy like there is too much skin there, and i am suddenly worried that, when i reach my goal weight, there will still be too much skin there and it'll look really gross, even after my hard work...

I'm going from 190 to 130 (ideally) so that's like 60lbs, but years ago, at my heaviest, i was about 230lbs, so that would be 100lbs weight loss...

I was just curious, I know there are some people who are maintaining on here, and some people who have experienced huge weightlosses. did you guys have issues with sagging skin at all?

I think it would cheer me up a bit if i knew not everybody dealt with that, and that it CAN get firmed up in some instances...

thanks guys!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I have loose skin but not enough to warrant surgery - just enough to remind me on a daily basis "you used to be heavier" - but plenty of people who HAVEN'T lost significant amounts of weight have skin blemishes/cellulite/whatever too.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I have loose skin but not enough to warrant surgery - just enough to remind me on a daily basis "you used to be heavier" - but plenty of people who HAVEN'T lost significant amounts of weight have skin blemishes/cellulite/whatever too.
This^^
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

EVERYONE deals with it! The best thing to do is weight training & lots of ab workouts. Cellulite is just part of life. You can look all over & find Victoria's Secret models who are 110lbs & have cellulite! It's just life. I have loose skin on my stomach from being close to 220, but that has reduced sooo much by doing lots of ab routines & being diligent.

Cheer up, Charlie!

MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #5  

I'm not talking about cellulite people, i'm talking about loose, gross, droppy skin...

I can deal with cellulite... -_-
Old 03-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/215/160

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm with you kawaiicandie! I have only been trying to lose weight for a few weeks, but recently I've been worried about that. I'm scared I'll have to have surgery for all the skin. I've heard of a lot of people that have.
gracie1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #7  

yeah, I've heard that too...

although i've been researching about it and it says that you really shouldn't get surgery if you're planning on having children, so i guess that's still on hold for a couple of years, for me!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #8  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Make sure ou are taking care of your skin. Moisturize. Even use the tightening kind if you are worried. Drink lots of water. Those two things will help your skin stay healthy to slowly shink back. We are lucky that we are getting healthy young, it's less likey to have a ton of lose skin in your 20s. Deal with losing the weight now. Lift weights to build muscle for better definition. Do what you can now and worry about surgery later, and only if you have to.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote