100 lb. Club - Where is your new territory?

View Full Version : Where is your new territory?

lunarsongbird
03-18-2013, 09:32 AM
What weight are you really looking forward to because you haven't seen in it many years? Or perhaps you don't ever remember seeing it?

Where do you step over in uncharted territory? Are you nervous? excited? When you do you think you will get there? Do you think you will feel like a new person?

http://www.jdlejeune.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/hq_3_5_09.jpg

Also- Do you believe in "set points?" Do you think it will be difficult for you to push past this number?

What's the lowest you ever remember being in your adult life?

terichelle
03-18-2013, 09:41 AM
I'm excited to be under 15 stone/210lbs. I've always been somewhat overweight even as a child, and I'm pretty sure that even by my early-mid teens I was this weight or heavier. Since then my weight has mostly gone up, and I'm almost certain I've never been below about 17/18 stone in the last few years.

It is quite nerve racking. As an adult, I've never been a healthy weight. I don't even know what that would feel/look like on me!

lunarsongbird
03-18-2013, 09:49 AM
For the majority of my adult life, my body has been able to maintain 175 pretty effortlessly. Yes, it's still "overweight," but geeze- I'd take it now! LOL.
I was at 179 shortly before having ovarian surgery in 2009. Life has been an emotional and hormonal roller coaster ever since.

I do think that 175 might be a bit of a set point for me. I anticipate having to shake things up quite a bit to move past.

thnknthin1
03-18-2013, 09:51 AM
I would say 175 is a weight I am looking forward to.....I was there about 5 years ago, that weight lasted about a year before I started packing the pounds on. I expect to plateau or stall at that weight as well, I seem to do that at certain setpoints or weights I was previously.

Unchartered territory for me would be anything past that point. 160 would be a weight I haven't seen since senior year in high school, which was years ago :) I'll be both nervous and excited once I get past 175 because I haven't been past that my whole adult life and it will totally be new to me. I guess I'm fearful of self-sabotaging myself when I get past 175 because of sub-consciously knowing I'm at a previous goal weight. I will definitely have to be aware if that starts to happen and don't become lax in watching my food intake.

But, I've gotten way farther than I ever thought I would since I started doing this January 4, 2012. I remember when I started how I would absolutely love to be at 220 again but at the time it seemed like such a far off dream, impossible actually. I have proved to myself that I could do it and then some! This whole journey has in reality been unchartered territory for me as I have never lost this much weight or stuck with it as long as I have.

As for unchartered territory......I love exploring and discovering new places!

AlmostMe
03-18-2013, 10:24 AM
New territory for me would be being thin enough to be well into the 'not plus size' territory and feeling really good when I see myself in the mirror. Right now I'm skating on the edge. It would be being faster and stronger.

Novus
03-18-2013, 10:40 AM
In 2006, I got down to somewhere in the 190s. (I wasn't weighing often so I don't know a specific number.) So when I get there again (SOON!) I'm going to be entering unchartered territory. Honestly, I'm a bit nervous. This is when things got hard before (plateauing, losing motivation, etc.) so I'm mentally preparing myself for that to happen again and strategizing how to break through. I have no memory of ever being in the 180s (maybe in high school? or junior high?). I'm really curious what it's like down there. :)

merilung
03-18-2013, 10:45 AM
I lost over 100 pounds as a teenager and got down to 145, but by the time I met my husband when I was sixteen I had gained 20 pounds and was up to 165, then I slowly gained another 20 pounds up to 185, and then HUGE MASSIVE GAINS when I was 18.5 up to 252.

I was SUPER excited to get out of the 250's - I got down to 210 for my wedding in 2007, but other than that I've been pretty consistently weighing in around 252 for the last seven years. I don't know what I consider 'new territory' since I was pretty close to goal at one point, but I'll be super stoked to hit both my wedding weight and then 165 - haven't been there since I moved in with my husband eight years ago!

UrbanHavok
03-18-2013, 10:59 AM
-I am really looking forward to being 140 ( a number I think I skipped completely lol) Once I got into high school I was suddenly 150 with wide hips and big butt. I got married and over the span of four years I went from 150 to 180 0_0

-Uncharted territory for me is actually sticking to something I try. For me it's been the bead diet, I dropped weight quickly and was shocked that I was actually sticking to what I was trying. It's such a bizarre feeling for me. It is also going to be shopping without feeling self-conscious about my hips and weight overall. I'm super excited about walking into a store and not be afraid to try on clothes.

-My set point will probably be 150. I remember trying to work out and eat right so that I could get under this number and it NEVER happened. It will be difficult but definitely possible. :D

allieballiebee
03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm currently sailing in uncharted territory (onederland), and loving every minute of it! During my post-college and early-marriage years, my weight hovered between 260 and 270. In 2005, I got down to 215, but got complacent (lazy) and gained it all back...and then some. For a long time, I figured that my set point was 260 -- Every time I started a new diet, I'd lose about 10 lbs, getting into the low 260s, and then just stop and gain it back.

Right now, I'm in the 180s and probably as small as I was during my senior year of high school. I still have a way to go to get to my goal weight, but I'm really enjoying the journey!

SarahFairhope
03-18-2013, 11:21 AM
What weight are you really looking forward to because you haven't seen in it many years? Or perhaps you don't ever remember seeing it?
I was looking through my medical records, and 174 is a weight they have been down at 15. I cant really even wrap my head around 170s at all. That will be a pretty big deal, for me.
Where do you step over in uncharted territory? Are you nervous? excited? When you do you think you will get there? Do you think you will feel like a new person?
215 was uncharted for sure. A new person? I don't think I believe in that. I've always been a bit ticked off when people say "you dont even look like the same person" to people who have lost weight. I always think to myself, "then you just never looked very closely." Im sure there is some underlying philosophical thing going on there. ;)
Do you believe in "set points?" Do you think it will be difficult for you to push past this number?
I believe that the human body likes to have a "normal" spot - and that spot can be changed but until then the body will try to stay there. I'm not concerned about that though. I theorize that there exists a life/personality/body "set weight," a weight that, given the healthier consistant way of life that one's body will stay around. Total unsupported opinion though.
Adult is, say 18? Before starting to lose weight a few months ago, 222.

destyni
03-18-2013, 11:30 AM
I would love to not see 2 anything on the scale. I know once I get to onederland, i need to continue to reach my ultimate goal, but to say i weigh 1 something is something i havent done since 2008.

Elladorine
03-18-2013, 11:34 AM
It was always a struggle for me to stay anywhere below 250, even way back in high school. Only twice before did I manage to get down to the 220 range, once through prescription diet pills, once by starving myself. I often felt it simply wasn't possible for me to get under 250 without resorting to extreme, unhealthy measures.

So once I'd realized that my weight had climbed up to its highest of 360, what I kept saying was at the very least, I deserved to get back down to 250 again. Even if I could never get under, I knew I'd be better off. And it took forever to get there! I maintained at 285 for years, then I lingered around 250-260 for years more.

I've been extra determined this past year. My uncharted territory is below 220, and reaching it has been extra sweet due to the fact that I've done it in a healthy way. No extreme crash diets, no diet pills. I'm 37 and I literally haven't been under 220 since junior high!

I've enjoyed being here for about a month, and hope to be under 200 by the summer. :carrot:

Thinforme
03-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Under 200 is what is uncharted territory, I haven't seen that in nine years "since before my first baby". I'm not nervous really curious to see how it feels to reach that low. I don't know when I will get there "estimating june or july at current rate" I won't be a new me just a smaller me. I am not my scale number "I tell myself that alot" I am just really excited to be sticking with something "I'm not great at sticking". I don't do exact"set points" life is to chaotic for me to, I will get there when it happens:) I have my final goal though and everything in between is just a rest stop on the highway of fat loss. I have been in the 250's so long I dont really remember any other weight. Though I know I didn't always weigh that.

Mozzy
03-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Uncharted territory? Anything below 145. I believe 145lbs is a stopping point for my body.

Set point? 175lbs. It's a weight I find easy to maintain with minimal effort.

Right now I'm thrilled to be under 200 for the first time in almost 4 years.
I'm very excited to get to 175, that means I can start ttc. I worry that I'll never see 145 ever again. But according to all my calculations, if I keep up my routine, I'll hit goal by the end of 2013.

NorthernChick13
03-18-2013, 02:07 PM
I love this thread! For me, it's 149! I remember being 152 for a smalllll period of time (weeks!) a few years ago, and that's it! I don't think I have ever seen 152 or lower on the scale....it'd be INCREDIBLE! IT WILL BE INCREDIBLE, I should say, since I will see it THIS SUMMER!!!

synger
03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
My "virgin fat territory" is 245. I can't recall when I saw it last. Even 247, which is the lowest I can remember in the last 20 years, I can't recall exactly when it was, but I remember it was after my marriage (22 years ago) but not in the last ten years.

Skinnygirldreams
03-18-2013, 02:18 PM
I am really looking forward to the 150s.. I haven't been there in a really long time, and I know I'll feel really great about myself. However, I know I will feel even more fantastic about reaching my goal weight. :)

amandie
03-18-2013, 02:39 PM
My new territory will be 160 and below. I haven't been that weight for over 10 years since I was 15/16 years old. I am excited about getting under 160 but I have to remind myself that it will not be the same because I am riddled with much more stretch marks and some loose skin from being 230lbs.

I think 160 is when I will have to shake/change things up in order to keep moving downwards since that is a weight I can easily maintain, I guess sort of a "set" point.

FickleHearts
03-18-2013, 02:53 PM
170 was the lowest I've ever been. Anything under that is new territory and territory I am desperately hoping I one day see. :)

berryblondeboys
03-18-2013, 03:31 PM
I have three weights that are crucial to me. First is 175. I really have this mental thing about that weight for some reason. It's what I weighed (about at the end of HS). And it seems like its a weight that taunts me. It's also a weight I could probably maintain.

The next number is 165. I got there for a minute last late spring. I would love to make that my forever weight.

So, 160 would be uncharted territory and I doubt I will get there, but I'm not going to purposefully stop at 165 either. I will just keep up my fitness and see where it takes me.

Right now, I realllllllly want to get to 165. Like really, really! My summer clothes looked great on me at that weight!

Keep Moving Forward
03-18-2013, 03:57 PM
I can't remember a time when I was less than a size 18. I was always a chubby kid and really started gaining in high school, getting up to 18/20 by my senior year. I kept gaining through college and grad school, and have stayed between sizes 22-24, going back and forth between 265-300lbs over the last six years. As a teen, I was rarely able to shop in the juniors' section, and i hated not being able to shop in the same stores as my friends.

Uncharted territory for me would be under 200lbs, especially at a size that allowed me to shop in the same places as friends or even share clothes with friends. For my height, I "should" be between 130-150lbs, that is my ultimate uncharted territory, my promised land of health & fitness.

bethFromDayton
03-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Over the last 20 years, my weight has been as low as 140 (twice) and as high as 235 (stayed there for a long time). It's probably been 14 years since I last saw 140, though--and that was after getting my jaw wired shut for surgery.

For some reason, I think of 180 as a weight I'll be really happy to reach (50 lbs down from where I started this time), and then 160. I haven't been 180 in at least 10 years. I last weighed 160 in 2000. (I gained 60 lbs pretty quickly as a medication side effect.)

I have a whole bunch of goals in my head, though, and I'll be celebratory at lots of them--ONEderland, under 35 BMI, 180, 160...

And if I never hit my goal weight but am even 50 lbs lighter, I will have reached achieved many of my reasons for losing weight.

I'm excited about ONEderland--and every new "decade" makes me happy!

rodeogirl
03-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Uncharted territories:

Seeing my face when I'm in the "normal" BMI range. I have never seen that.
Being able to shop in a mall and not in the stores near the mall for big people.
Finding hiking gear, lifejackets, swim suits, foul weather gear and more that I can actually fit into.
Being able to jog - I have a weird genetic "glitch" with my knees. All my siblings have it whether they are skinny or heavy. So I really shouldn't run on my knees at this weight.
Being able to get on a horse bareback without using a fence.
Being in the normal BMI range.
Sleeping through the night.

Radiojane
03-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Getting under 300 is going to be big. I've probably been over it since 19, which means I'm going on 9 years of carrying at the very least 100 to 200 extra pounds. 230 will be a very big one for me too, as it will finally mean I'm smaller than my boyfriend.

Saga
03-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Well, I won't hit "uncharted territory" until I get below 136, but getting below 190 will be long-forgotten territory (I haven't been there in about three years, and it was my previous high weight). I expect a small bit of set point there, another set point at 160 (five years ago, and a weight I can easily maintain and where I would be happy) and I'll really have to stay consistent and diligent to get below 140 (my low weight, the weight where I feel I look the best, last seen seven years ago).

Angihas2
03-18-2013, 09:08 PM
I hit the 180-190 range in 2010, without realizing it, and probably got under it, as I'd taken a break from my scale which ended up being a 2 yr break and regaining weight. (Also...a baby). I know I was comfy in a size 13 long from the junior department and was happily wearing a size M boyfriend cut, retro hoodie, so it was slimmer cut and longer torso. I'd be pretty happy to hang out in those sizes again, whatever the scale said. I'd definitely be more diligent about stepping on the scale for a reality check a few days a week.

My set point for a long time in my late teens-mid 20's was 196, then when I managed to force myself past that it was 255. My body seems to love those 2 weights and those are the ones I really struggle to get past, so I know as I approach the 199 range, I'll be stepping up the lifting and getting back into running. First, because I love both of those activities and while I walk and lightly jog now, it's absolute **** on my knees. Especially the one that's had several surgeries and a break as recent as 2010. Lifting makes me happy and floods be with happy juices and makes it so much easier to stay on track. That, and it makes 11 hour horseback and motorcycle rides so much easier!

Elladorine
03-19-2013, 01:59 AM
"virgin fat territory"
Heh heh, awesome . . . I may borrow that term. ;)

Getting under 300 is going to be big. I've probably been over it since 19, which means I'm going on 9 years of carrying at the very least 100 to 200 extra pounds. 230 will be a very big one for me too, as it will finally mean I'm smaller than my boyfriend.
Aside from the handful of months I managed to get down under 250 in the past and aside from my recent progress, I'd spent about 24 years being at least 100 pounds overweight and at least 2 years of that (possibly more) being 200 pounds overweight . . . which is all of my adult life and most of my teenage years. I can still remember the day I finally got under 300 . . . as big of a deal as it was to me, it was a bittersweet moment since I really had no one to celebrate it with at the time. I'm glad you're on your way now. :)

I didn't even think of the significant other thing, but yeah, I totally get that too! I had a silly little bet going on with my husband from before we got married that I could buy myself an awesome pair of boots once I weighed less than him . . . and wouldn't you know it, he started losing weight with me! :dizzy: Nearly 4 years later I've almost caught up with him, and the specific boots I'd wanted are no longer being made. :( I'll probably catch up with him in a month or two now, given that he weighs about three pounds less than me . . .

Being in uncharted territory right now messes with me every so often; not recognizing myself in reflections or in photos, holding up clothes and not being able to tell if they fit. My real face is emerging. How insane is it that some of us go through a lifetime of not knowing what we look like beneath all the layers of fat? I'm still the same person on the inside of course, but with my physical identity changing I sometimes feel lost within my own skin.

size8
03-19-2013, 03:59 AM
Getting below 145lb(which is my next mini goal) would be new territory for me because I havent been below that weight in the last 10 years. I went down to 145lb in 2009 but was not able to maintain it. I am quite nervous about getting down to that weight as I am worried I wont be able to maintain it again. I am so tired of this start-loose-stop-gain repetitive weight loss cycle I put myself through so I really hope this time I am better prepared on how I will maintain my loss. Loosing weight is the easy part for me, maintaining the weight loss is the difficult part and never lasts long. So I am looking forward to new territory and preparing myself for that territory...

Crow
03-19-2013, 06:05 AM
Normal BMI. Have never been that in my adult life.

LadyPetite
03-19-2013, 10:18 AM
For me, it would be reaching the 180s. I would have said 190s, actual Onederland, but I think I would need to lose about 10 lbs more until I would safely feel that I would never go back to being 200+ lbs again.

I feel that would be when I reach about 153 lbs. According to BMI standards, that would put me from obese to officially overweight. I do feel nervous about that idea. The last time I weighed this much was when I graduated from high school.

Also- Do you believe in "set points?" Do you think it will be difficult for you to push past this number?
No but that's because I haven't really tried to lose weight seriously before. I may or may not have a set point, I just don't know yet.

The lowest I've ever been in my adult life was in the 120s-130s.

Sunday115
03-19-2013, 10:20 AM
I don't remember ever being below 250 and that was when I was 15, I've come really close to it a few times, only to gain more back than where I started, so they day I see 249 will be a very strange day to me. The lowest I've ever gotten in my adult life was 267

pixiefalls
03-19-2013, 12:47 PM
It's not "new territory", but I'd like to see 240-230. I got down to 250-something a couple years ago and through stress eating I went back over 300. So, it would be nice to be below that again. I was in the 180s about 6-7 years ago and I would love to see that again! I've been slipping the last few months, but it's time to buckel down again. :)

PreciousMissy
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
My all time low was 135 when I was 19...I doubt I'll see that number again, but if I do, GREAT! lol

The last few times I've lost weight I reached a low of 170 and stayed there for about a year. This time I'd like to get there and stay forever. So, I guess my uncharted territory would be maintaining for more than a few months.

elvislover324
03-19-2013, 03:26 PM
If I can hit 175, I will be calling myself skinny-minny and not caring who says I am still overweight, too high a BMI, still carrying too big a booty. I haven't been in the 170s for at least 10 years and can't wait to get back there, even if it's 179.9.

My ideal would be to get to 159.9. I was 159 soon after meeting my husband and I thought I was so large then. Who knew I'd double my weight in almost 20 years. Makes me so sad to think about.

I read and loved every post on this thread. Everyone's stories and dreams makes it feel like we really aren't alone in all of this.

Garnet2727
03-19-2013, 03:40 PM

I think when I hit Onderland, there's going to be a loud and raucous celebration. I have not weighed less than 200 pounds since I was 18 and I'm turning 50 this year.

My goal weight, 175 is really uncharted territory. I was that weight as a child, never as an adult. Right now, it's a number I've picked and I really haven't a clue what it will be like.

I've seen a lot of women my age get within 10 to 15 pounds of healthy range and just stop losing weight even though they still eat properly and exercise. So, yeah, I think there's something to that. I know that I've hit some flat spots in my own efforts from time to time but in my case, it has always been because I fell off the diet wagon and landed face first in a bunch of food.

On my 18th birthday, I weighed 200 pounds. :o I've not been below that since.

summerlove
03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
165...don't even remember seeing that number. We never owned scales when I was a kid, and by the time we did I was 20 pounds past that number!

ichoose2believe
03-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I would love to get down to 175... boy would I-never been under 200lbs. As an adult I think the lowest I have ever been was about 240lbs when I was 18. But that was before I had a kiddo and my tummy was still a bit flat. (As a side note when I graduated for HS at 17 I almost wore a 26. but my first semester of college without a car I went down to a size 22. )

elvislover324
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
(There seems to be a lot of 175lb weight goals, there was talk before of starting a club for it. We should do it!)

Pink Hurricane
03-20-2013, 10:04 PM
For me it has always been between 175-190. That tends to be the magic range for me, when 12s fit me great and I feel the happiest, healthiest, and most confident!

Nojunk4me
03-20-2013, 11:01 PM
I would love to see myself at 200, I haven't seen it in over 12 years. I hope to get there before the end of this year. But that's a milestone far away, 250 is the next goal in sight :-)

Novus
03-21-2013, 04:46 AM
(There seems to be a lot of 175lb weight goals, there was talk before of starting a club for it. We should do it!)

^This!

traci in training
03-21-2013, 09:27 AM
I don't think I've ever been a normal BMI and that is my goal. Before I had kids I weighed 172. Think I may have weighed about that when I got married.

But here's my deal. And I know it's weird so you can laugh and I promise it won't hurt my feelings. I have never had ankles. Forget big bones and large frames and all those euphemisms. I know I've been overweight my entire life because I've never had ankles.

So when I put on a little black dress to celebrate New year's eve 2013 at my goal of 145, I am going to be flashing my never before seen ankles! And I'm keeping them!!!

betsy2013
03-21-2013, 10:37 AM
This thread got me thinking, and I think I'm on an around the world cruise. Right now, when I get below 300, that will be the first time I've seen the 200s since 1990. That was the year my mother remarried 8 months after my dad died along with a lot of other stresses (broken engagement, transferred to a different state for job, etc.). I managed to gain 95 pounds in a 6 month period. Yes, hard to imagine but it's true. Since then, it's just been adding on to that.

After that, getting to 250 is another "memory point" as well as getting down to 200. I haven't really been below 200 most of my adult life although I was at 140 from junior high through college.

And set points? Oh yes, I know my body has them. I can lose weight and then have to literally fight day and night to keep myself there because my body seems to WANT to get back to an old set point. It seems to take several weeks or even months before that set point gets reset.

lunarsongbird
03-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Here here! I also look forward to no longer being obese.

Welcome, SmartBlonde!

AllyG47
03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm really looking forward to getting to 185. That's what I weighed when I graduated from high school. I thought I was fat then but now I would be okay with that weight. My lowest adult weight was 175 or around there when I was on Weight Watchers in college and it was only for a month or two. Anything below 175 is new territory for me. The lowest weight I remember ever being is 150 when I was in 7th grade. I remember that because we had just got weighed in at gym class and my friends were saying that anyone over 120 was gross so I refused to tell them what I weighed. I didn't want them to think I was gross.

As far as set points, I think 185 and 200 are set points for me. I stayed at 185-190 for about 6 years and I stayed at 197-202 for around 3 years. Only in the past year or two did I balloon up to 221.

FitGirlJ
03-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I haven't been out of the 200's since I high school. So 199 is my the weight I am excited to see. I was a size 14 then and I so look forward to being that size again :carrot:

Crow
03-23-2013, 02:10 PM
I've been thinking about this question, and my new territory is to weigh less than my sister.

We're close in age and height, but throughout our lives she's always been the skinny one and I've been the fat one. The day before her first baby was born she weighed a tiny 124lbs. She never had to try or work at it, it's just the way she was made.

Her metabolism has slowed over the years and she now weighs in the high 140s (and still looks great). I don't feel mean about it, we're very close, but I really, really want not to be the fat sister for a while.