Ideal Protein Diet - Vanilla crispy square knocked me out of ketosis?

loser444
03-17-2013, 09:05 PM
checked my ketosis level yesterday and was hummin right along. Today - completely out of ketosis. Went on a mission to find the culprit and only thing that could've done it was the IP Vanilla crispy square. Looked at the box and there's 6 gms of sugar listed!

Anybody run into this? I thought we weren't allowed any sugar on IP?

I know it's not necessary to check for ketosis but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have known and would be eating one of these daily because they are awesome......but not at the expense of slowing wt loss.

Also, can anyone tell me the recommended level of carbs per day while OP?

IdealProteinNewbie
03-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Many of IP's products contain sugar...we just can't have any additional.

Throw away the keto-sticks, they are not reliable.

IP has spent many years developing their products and while you could be super carb sensitive, you should be fine consuming the restricteds.

AlisonS
03-17-2013, 10:34 PM
If you read more of the literature, it tells you that after being on the diet for awhile, some people's bodies become so efficient, they actually metabolize the ketones (which means they will not show up in your urine.) That is probably what is going on.

IP43
03-17-2013, 10:57 PM
I believe 40 g net carbs is the goal (carbs - fibre=net carbs. Some people also subtract half the sugar alcohols)

patns
03-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Also the more water you drink the less reliable the stix are. Get rid of them they just cause unnecessary stress.

leannekarella
03-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Ketostix are crap. Don't use them. If you're following the diet, you will NOT fall out of ketosis. If you drink the right amount of water, you won't register on the stick. If your body has adjusted to the diet, you won't register on the stick.

I have been in ketosis for 3 months, and have NEVER registered on the stick, not once even in the beginning. Stop worrying about it and throw out the sticks and just stick to the plan. It works. :)

BeccaGrim
03-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Just not possible. Those sticks are worthless.

Desafinado
03-18-2013, 12:35 PM
I have never used the ketostix because I'm losing so I assume that I am in ketosis.

I use MyFitnessPal and the way it works out for me is 50 percent of my calories are from protein, 30 percent from fat, 20 percent from carbs. Maybe you can track/plan using that formula.