Metabolic Research Center - Fish Oil/Nausea?

View Full Version : Fish Oil/Nausea?

grumpygrump
03-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone. I'm brand new here and have a quick question. I started Preconditioning yesterday, and this morning I took my first fish oil pill and MV. The oil was only 1200 mg but within fifteen minutes the worst nausea ever hit me. I feel like I'm going to lose it all, which I HAVE to keep down because I took my birth control too. Has this happened to anyone else? If this continues, this oil may be a deal breaker. :(

peg51
03-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Hmmm...no, that has not happened to me. With that said, I have been taking the Essential Fatty Acids from my local center. I know it is basically fish oil, but may be slightly different. I wonder if it was the mixture of the two things (MV and oil) on an empty stomach? Did you eat breakfast before you took it?

grumpygrump
03-17-2013, 10:32 AM
I didn't have breakfast before, but as soon as it hit, I started eating. It's been over an hour now and I still feel icky, but the worst of it has passed. I'll try to take it during a meal next time and see if that helps.

Dolly
03-17-2013, 10:57 AM
I always take my MV with a meal because the iron can be hard on your stomach.

Sometime the very thought of another pill nauseates me, but I manage to get them down.

It sure cuts down on the appetite! ;)

BreathingSpace
03-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Oh yeah, me too! Actually pretty much any vitamin makes me nauseous. I always had to take my fish oil with food.

rwquilts
03-19-2013, 05:43 PM
I always took my vitamins, calcium and fish oil with a meal.

NotaFatBride
03-28-2013, 01:43 AM
Yep! I am so there with you- major sickness with fish oil. I even tried the double encapsulated pills, with meals etc... Switching to flax oil pills was much better for me. My counselor wasn't too pleased but when it came down to it I am going to go with whatever doesn't make me want to hurl. Fish oil is higher in omega-3 and better for your diet but if you're like me and can't do fish oil and its a deal breaker- try something else. But make sure to talk to your center- they might have some good recommendations.

SoMuchFattitude
03-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Eat then take your vitamins! If I don't eat before hand I will vomit.

Happymomof2
04-07-2013, 08:58 AM
I had the same problem until my Dr. recommended I keep the fish oil pills in the freezer and take it before bed. That way the pill slowly dissolves into your system while sleeping and you are non the wiser! I also switched to the Metagenics brand which has no fish aftertaste, just lemon! I hope this helps, it worked for me!

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue3/fireworks01/lb/159.7/125/149.8/.png [/url]