Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 16-17, 2013

lisa32989
03-16-2013, 08:20 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Donna Gel
03-16-2013, 08:51 AM
I have a women's conference all day today. I will be sitting at a table most of the day, but there are a couple seminars I can take in and a lunch. I am taking a couple of drinks with me and the lunch will surely have something I can eat OP. Have a wonderful day all
Donna Gel

DRegan
03-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Good morning all,
Cant belive I am awake on a saturday this early,
cant seem to sleep in, lots of energy! Guess thats
a good thing. But the rest of the family is zzzzzz, so
have to be quiet! would love to vacuum and start laundry
but thats not happening so just enjoy the peace and quiet with
my cat, LOL!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Gonna give corned beef a shot tomorrow, lo salt & very lean cut, smaller portion and serve with cabbage and asparagus! Is horseradish an ok condiment on IP?
Looks like it. Ok happy early St Pattys to all!
3 more days to 3rd WI, gonna have a nice long walk today! actually sunshine
today in CT, still chilly though. ugh!
:)
D

Canadiandieter
03-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Good morning :). Here's to another great day, although it is very early...lol. I will keep reminding myself as we take our kids to McDonalds today for lunch, that I am doing this for myself and nothing tastes as good as skinny :). Have a great day :)

ragdoll74
03-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Good morning :). Here's to another great day, although it is very early...lol. I will keep reminding myself as we take our kids to McDonalds today for lunch, that I am doing this for myself and nothing tastes as good as skinny :). Have a great day :)

That line got me through many temptations. :) There is no doubt that skinny feels way better than McDonalds tastes.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-16-2013, 09:40 AM
I have a women's conference all day today. I will be sitting at a table most of the day, but there are a couple seminars I can take in and a lunch. I am taking a couple of drinks with me and the lunch will surely have something I can eat OP. Have a wonderful day all
Donna Gel

I hope you're right.

Most seminars I've been to include sandwiches, already dressed salads, too many carbs, etc.

Always better to be prepared with some veggies and/or a piece of grilled chicken in your purse.

countrychic
03-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Happy Weekend Everyone!

Hubby took me to the movies last night.....we saw Jack the Giant Slayer. It was ok....I think I would've liked Oz a bit better, but it was still fun to go out without the kiddies. I made the Chocolate cake in a mug and put it in a ziplock baggie to eat in the theatre which he had his sour patch kids...lol It was the first time I had had that....it was pretty good, put I think it needed a stronger chocolate taste, so next time, I might some WF choc. syrup to it. But I was a good girl, even though the smell of popcorn made my mouth water a bit :)

Donna Gel
03-16-2013, 10:23 AM
I hope you're right.

Most seminars I've been to include sandwiches, already dressed salads, too many carbs, etc.

Always better to be prepared with some veggies and/or a piece of grilled chicken in your purse.

In this case I am close enough to home,2 minutes, that I can run home if need be. I won't be shy about asking for undressed salad or veggies. This particular conference center is known for it's buffets, so I am sure there will be something. Anyplace else and I would pack a lunch.

mquinn106
03-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Morning everyone! So sick of the cold and snow! I see some online shopping in my future today :)

Does anyone else plan for events after goal to keep them motivated? I expect to reach my goal around July and am planning a combined birthday party/backyard brew-fest. I think it keeps me focused. It will also be the first time many family and friends will see me in many months, very excited for the big reveal! Before IP big parties were a source of stress and not wanting to participate, can't wait for that to be a thing of the past!

Jeaner
03-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Good morning to everyone. I haven't posted for a few days. But I have been reading and enjoying everyone's great ideas and successes. We just returned from a short trip to Minnesota to see a great friend and my aunt and cousins. We also took in a fun eagle presentation in Wabasha. I recommend it! Enough about me. I remember reading on here (when I could get Wi-Fi ), how to prepare or soften the rutabages in the microwave. I have searched the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday daily chats, plus used search....but just can't find it. I haven't officially started yet ( Tuesday) but I am collecting tips and recipes. I really liked the idea of using rutabages with corned beef. If anyone has time I would sure appreciate that tip repeated. Have a great day everyone.

newday2013
03-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Good morning all! Very comforting to find you here..here's a hug from me...Chilly one outside, looks like I'm inside for a bit! Going to do some cooking and baking to prepare for the week back after the March break. Trying the muffins using 1pack of otmeal and 1pack of crepe, and a big pot of soup filled with veggies. Jello for a treat, and tapioca pudding. Put in containers (bought new ones at Ikea this week :) ) and freeze. That way I can just grab and go, make sure I have a big salad ready and voila! Stress free mornings!

newday2013
03-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Morning everyone! So sick of the cold and snow! I see some online shopping in my future today :)

Does anyone else plan for events after goal to keep them motivated? I expect to reach my goal around July and am planning a combined birthday party/backyard brew-fest. I think it keeps me focused. It will also be the first time many family and friends will see me in many months, very excited for the big reveal! Before IP big parties were a source of stress and not wanting to participate, can't wait for that to be a thing of the past!

I just want a new wardrobe!!! Maybe we'll have a bombfire and burn all of my fat clothes!! Hey, hubby keeps saying we should have more of them! We have a beautiful fire pit in our yard that never gets used...

heritagesoftail
03-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Good morning all ! Cold day in Northern Ontario not sure when this winter is going to end. Leaving for some sunny weather on Tuesday cant wait .

newday2013
03-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Does anybody have a fav veggies to make "french fries" out of? I did turnip yesterday, was very good!

newday2013
03-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Good morning all ! Cold day in Northern Ontario not sure when this winter is going to end. Leaving for some sunny weather on Tuesday cant wait .

I'm in Sudbury and it's freeeeezing...where are you? And where are you going?

jeffiner
03-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Does anybody have a fav veggies to make "french fries" out of? I did turnip yesterday, was very good!

Rutabega......which brings me to my question..I have been wanting to try the jicama recipe from on here but havnt found a jicama..yesterday I went shopping saw rutabega and grabbed one, only to see a sticker on it that said jicama...are they the same thing?

IdealProteinNewbie
03-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Rutabega......which brings me to my question..I have been wanting to try the jicama recipe from on here but havnt found a jicama..yesterday I went shopping saw rutabega and grabbed one, only to see a sticker on it that said jicama...are they the same thing?

Nope, but a lot of grocery stores mix up turnip and rutabaga...all 3 are different.

Google Image search each one!

Turnips are white/purple and relatively small. Rutabagas are brown/yellowish and large. Jicamas are brown and slightly rough in texture.

ETA: All are delicious :D

lisa32989
03-16-2013, 12:16 PM

Nope not the same thing
Rutabaga look like big turnips (pretty much)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8102/8561500739_0ffe7014b4_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/8561500739/)

Here is jicama:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8477/8153590094_18e8e777b5_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/8153590094/)

Google is your friend on this diet in more ways than one!

tallgirl231
03-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Good Morning. let the guilt begin! I have been doing great the past 3 weeks on this plan and last night went haywire. I went out with some friends and ordered a glass of merlot knowing full well that it would stall my losses. Well, on the way home, the next thing I knew I was ordering a filet o'fish and small fry in the McD drive thru. Removed half of the bun with the tarter sauce but devoured every morsel. Right after, the guilt and beating myself up began. My lesson was it was soooo not worth it! I have a headache and feel like crapola this morning. Luckily, I'm still down .6 but I know that my losses will be stalled for a few days and that is what I'm angry at myself about. I wasn't even hungry. I could have gone home and not eaten anything. I guess I still have a lot of mental work to do. Do you think I kicked myself out of ketosis?

IntheEvening
03-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Hello all.

Found on yesterday that my dog is extremely sick. My parents are taking it day by day, he's not eating and basically can't hold anything down. The vet says he probably has days left and it' killing me inside. He would have been 14 in July. I'm just an emtional mess and my first thought this morning was to go get Cadbury Eggs and a breakfast sandwich. I haven't yet and I'm still debating. Why am I looking to cheat right now?

evepet
03-16-2013, 12:35 PM

I lurk here mostly, but had to respond. I know exactly how you feel. :) I'm looking forward to an extended family get-together this summer. I'll be seeing a lot of people that I haven't seen since this time last year at my brother's funeral. (It was in many ways his death that prompted my serious weight loss these past 12 months). I look a bit different with 60 lbs less of me! The weight's off me now... and I have the next few months to concentrate on toning up. Even better. And instead of wearing loose clothing to cover up my bulges and surplus weight, I'm looking forward to wearing something flattering and close-fitting to show off a little. :D

workingit50
03-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Hello all.

Found on yesterday that my dog is extremely sick. My parents are taking it day by day, he's not eating and basically can't hold anything down. The vet says he probably has days left and it' killing me inside. He would have been 14 in July. I'm just an emtional mess and my first thought this morning was to go get Cadbury Eggs and a breakfast sandwich. I haven't yet and I'm still debating. Why am I looking to cheat right now?

So sorry about this and how hard it is too stay OP with emotional issues. Been struggling all week with things and fighting my desire to eat or drink (just a little wine) to ease my emotional pain. You are being triggered by old patterns. I think what I noticed, I am having to really feel pain and not comfort it with food. I feel angry and sad and that makes me uncomfortable. Losing a pet.......sooo hard. Good luck today.

workingit50
03-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Good news, I am fitting into my old jeans. Did not expect this but current jeans are falling down and I decided to look in the "shed" where they have been packed away and they all fit!

Aha moment: it has not been an easy week and have been super emotional. But, realized (duh moment of banging my head against a wall) how I have been using food to comfort these "feelings" rather than really feeling and why I gained 40 lbs in a four years. A new me is evolving, and as many of the experienced posters say....its a marathon, not a sprint.

Spiritman
03-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Power and strength sent to those struggling with things today.

Myself, I'm feeling absolutely terrible today. I'm quite dizzy, feeling weak, I'm not nauseous but definitely not feeling "right". If things don't improve I may just end up taking another packet to see if that straightens me out.

Dakin
03-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Good morning fellow IPers!
Does anyone know if Nashua Nutrition is offering free shipping right now? And if they are, what is the code? For some reason I never receive those codes, even though I've been a customer for almost a year.
Thanks in advance!
Wishing everyone a great IP day!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-16-2013, 01:03 PM

Myself, I'm feeling absolutely terrible today. I'm quite dizzy, feeling weak, I'm not nauseous but definitely not feeling "right". If things don't improve I may just end up taking another packet to see if that straightens me out.

Are you using your salt? If not, that can definitely contribute to dizziness.

Don't forget you can have 2 egg whites (don't subtract from your 8 oz meat allowance) and lettuce is unlimited.

However, you know your body. If an extra non-restricted packet will help you, don't hesitate!

ragdoll74
03-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Good Morning. let the guilt begin! I have been doing great the past 3 weeks on this plan and last night went haywire. I went out with some friends and ordered a glass of merlot knowing full well that it would stall my losses. Well, on the way home, the next thing I knew I was ordering a filet o'fish and small fry in the McD drive thru. Removed half of the bun with the tarter sauce but devoured every morsel. Right after, the guilt and beating myself up began. My lesson was it was soooo not worth it! I have a headache and feel like crapola this morning. Luckily, I'm still down .6 but I know that my losses will be stalled for a few days and that is what I'm angry at myself about. I wasn't even hungry. I could have gone home and not eaten anything. I guess I still have a lot of mental work to do. Do you think I kicked myself out of ketosis?
Cheating is not just about kicking yourself out of ketosis. From what I have seen here the biggest issue is that you opened that cheating door and it can be a problem staying on track after.

You know you feel horrible after eating that stuff. You can't change what you did, but you can learn from it and use it to stay on plan going forward.

Hello all.

So sorry you are going through this. The urge to cheat is the emotional eater in you trying to get out. Just remember when you have the urges, there is nothing that you can eat that will take the pain away.
Aha moment: it has not been an easy week and have been super emotional. But, realized (duh moment of banging my head against a wall) how I have been using food to comfort these "feelings" rather than really feeling and why I gained 40 lbs in a four years. A new me is evolving, and as many of the experienced posters say....its a marathon, not a sprint.
That realization is a major NSV! :bravo:

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-16-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm down 5 lbs this weigh in, lost inches in the areas that I really want to! I feel a little bogged down, though. I bought some Smooth Move Chocolate and I'm curious if it's P1 approved. The ingredients are:

Senna Leaf
Breadnut seed
Licorice root
cocoa seed
carob pod

Any help is appreciated!

lisa32989
03-16-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm down 5 lbs this weigh in, lost inches in the areas that I really want to! I feel a little bogged down, though. I bought some Smooth Move Chocolate and I'm curious if it's P1 approved. The ingredients are:

Senna Leaf
Breadnut seed
Licorice root
cocoa seed
carob pod

Any help is appreciated!

Smooth move is a common tool around here. I'm surprised IP dieters haven't bought stock in the company!

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks, Lisa!

newday2013
03-16-2013, 01:35 PM
to all my IP buddies out there who are feeling emotional pain, I'm here with you!!! This is stuff that in the past, a big bowl of ice cream or glass (es) of wine would "fix"...except it didn't...but what great awerenesses we are all having!! So, go do something you love to do, bubble bath, pedi, mani, whatever, anything but food, and say to yourself, it's ok, we're only human! Unless you're hungry for real, then go eat...just to be clear, a craving is different than real hunger...LOL!!! Thanks for being here, don't know what I'd do without you.

bellasamimom
03-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Crazy day for me :) My youngest DD turned 11 yesterday and today we are having 10 10-11 year olds over for a party. Lots of junk food going to be in the house but I have no desire to have any. I planned tacos in a bag so I can easily make a taco salad for myself and not feel left out ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

LizJazz
03-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Hello all.

Oh no :-( I can totally relate!! I have a 14 year old lab who is my first child. I will be DEVISTATED when he goes to heaven!
Hang in there.

LizJazz
03-16-2013, 02:02 PM

I feel the same way half of the time. Making sure I get enough salt helps and usually I have an extra non restricted packet.
Hope you feel better!!

newday2013
03-16-2013, 02:11 PM
I feel the same way half of the time. Making sure I get enough salt helps and usually I have an extra non restricted packet.
Hope you feel better!!

My coach said dizzy and weak = not enough protein...anybody else have that experience?

tallgirl231
03-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks ragdoll. You are so right. Maybe this was the kick that I needed to feel all of the horrible guilty feelings and hunger to understand that it is not worth the cheat. Skinny does taste better so that will be my mantra from now on.

shoediva
03-16-2013, 03:11 PM
This may be a silly question.... but is there such a thing as too much water with IP?

rubygirl05
03-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Hello all.

Found on yesterday that my dog is extremely sick. ... I'm just an emtional mess and my first thought this morning was to go get Cadbury Eggs and a breakfast sandwich. I haven't yet and I'm still debating. Why am I looking to cheat right now?

For me, eating can be an escape from life's hurts and pains, distracting yourself with flavors and/or that too full feeling when you overeat. I'm sorry about you're family's dog.

I'm glad I checked in on the thread today. Reading other people's successes and struggles is very helpful and motivating. I've been having a tough time after my first weigh-in yesterday (which was great). I've had no temptation to cheat but someone brought in hot pizza and kept pushing it on people. It ripped my blinders off and now I'm thinking about all the carbs out there and how long I won't be able to eat them. This weekend is also the first weekend that I feel great since starting the program, and I find myself not knowing what to do with myself since I'm not spending my time eating/grazing. At work, I've been too busy to snack, but all this idle time is too fraught with temptation.

I finally realized that I'm in my "barrier zone", that scale number where I've failed every diet by sabotaging myself. I know if I can push through the next 10#, that would be a huge mental break through.

Maybe I'll start planning my post-goal activities that other's have mentioned on this thread, to keep myself busy and focused.

(p.s. I wanted to quote several of the posts to comment on, but I don't know how to quote more than one person in a post. Am I missing something obvious?) -- Never mind, I just see the multi button, doh!

ginettepv
03-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Hello fellow Sudburian. Thought I'd text and compare notes. Which clinic do you go to? I am followed by the Dr Tony Martin clinic. I have been following IP for 8 weeks now and am incredibly happy with results. Talk soon.

Rachel3
03-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Hello Newday2013; I'm in Naughton just outside of Sudbury.
Had my shake this morning and got some work done here at the house then went to Lowes and picked up a few groceries..meats to pre-cook ahead for some meals. My husband was hinting to stop at McDonald's but I never commented. It is cold and crisp here too. Going to my daughters for dinner this evening. I plan on bringing my own pasta and will add her spaghetti sauve to my pasta while the others all have parmesan, regular pasta, garlic bread and dessert. I plan on bringing a pudding for myself; really want to stick to it as much as I can. I so want to purchase myself a brand new hot bathing suit for the pool this summer and of course the new swimsuit must be a few sizes smaller. I read on another post....wnat to be skinny more than eating McDonald's or chips or junk etc...; so that will now be my new thought when I feel the urge. Wish I was planning a hot destitation like Herigate Soft Tail!!... where are you heading ? Nice to see others from Northern Ontario!!!

Rachel3
03-16-2013, 03:30 PM
I know how you feel....my first weekend at home on the IP program was difficult; so I planned a busy weekend. I cleaned closets, organized kitchen drawers and cupboards....busy, busy etc... I felt great at the end of the weekend as I not only stuck to the diet but got lots done that usually I would have put on the back burner in order to watch TV and eat junk.

Keep it up..you can do it.

For me, eating can be an escape from life's hurts and pains, distracting yourself with flavors and/or that too full feeling when you overeat. I'm sorry about you're family's dog.

I'm glad I checked in on the thread today. Reading other people's successes and struggles is very helpful and motivating. I've been having a tough time after my first weigh-in yesterday (which was great). I've had no temptation to cheat but someone brought in hot pizza and kept pushing it on people. It ripped my blinders off and now I'm thinking about all the carbs out there and how long I won't be able to eat them. This weekend is also the first weekend that I feel great since starting the program, and I find myself not knowing what to do with myself since I'm not spending my time eating/grazing. At work, I've been too busy to snack, but all this idle time is too fraught with temptation.

I finally realized that I'm in my "barrier zone", that scale number where I've failed every diet by sabotaging myself. I know if I can push through the next 10#, that would be a huge mental break through.

Maybe I'll start planning my post-goal activities that other's have mentioned on this thread, to keep myself busy and focused.

(p.s. I wanted to quote several of the posts to comment on, but I don't know how to quote more than one person in a post. Am I missing something obvious?) -- Never mind, I just see the multi button, doh!

Rachel3
03-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Congrats GinettePV; you lost 31 lbs total so far....good for you!..keep it up.
:carrot:Hello fellow Sudburian. Thought I'd text and compare notes. Which clinic do you go to? I am followed by the Dr Tony Martin clinic. I have been following IP for 8 weeks now and am incredibly happy with results. Talk soon.

dukeofllano
03-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Small NSV for me today... my daughter left an open bag of coconut GS cookies on the counter.. normally that would make me grab some. Today, I was full, having just eaten 2 cups of suateed spinach and mushrooms, and they DIDN;t EVEN TEMPT me!! Yay!! Just had to say that, thanks. =)

ginettepv
03-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Had my shake this morning and got some work done here at the house then went to Lowes and picked up a few groceries..meats to pre-cook ahead for some meals. My husband was hinting to stop at McDonald's but I never commented. It is cold and crisp here too. Going to my daughters for dinner this evening. I plan on bringing my own pasta and will add her spaghetti sauve to my pasta while the others all have parmesan, regular pasta, garlic bread and dessert. I plan on bringing a pudding for myself; really want to stick to it as much as I can. I so want to purchase myself a brand new hot bathing suit for the pool this summer and of course the new swimsuit must be a few sizes smaller. I read on another post....wnat to be skinny more than eating McDonald's or chips or junk etc...; so that will now be my new thought when I feel the urge. Wish I was planning a hot destitation like Herigate Soft Tail!!... where are you heading ? Nice to see others from Northern Ontario!!!

thanks Rachel3. Yes, I am loving this IP diet and its success. I live in Azilda It gets easier. I no longer crave things the family eats nor am I alway hungry (NSV). We have compagny coming tonight to play cards and all my veggies are cut up so I can snack while others eat junk. ya.

Huge victory for me this week being off for march break. Emptied my three closets of clothes, five sizes to give away to diabetes. What an awesome feeling. This thread is a huge help.

Only concern for the next 4 weeks is that I am travelling for work, so many many planes each week. Not worried about cheating, more worried about water retention with the planes. Would love some suggestions from others who have travelled. I have already wrapped my brain around the fact the lost weight may be stalled temporarily with all these flights, but I know if I stay OP, things will work out.

Getting alot of compliments from people now that I am down 5 sizes ( smallest size in my closet) so loving that. Haven't had to shop for clothes as I already had these 5 sizes ( thus the reason for 3 closets).

O.k. enough bragging ( first time I can actually brag about weight loss).

Have a great weekend everyone.:carrot::D

newday2013
03-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Hello fellow Sudburian. Thought I'd text and compare notes. Which clinic do you go to? I am followed by the Dr Tony Martin clinic. I have been following IP for 8 weeks now and am incredibly happy with results. Talk soon.

How exciting! Yes, I see Anne-Marie too! We should get together! I live in the West End :)
Christine

ginettepv
03-16-2013, 03:57 PM
How exciting! Yes, I see Anne-Marie too! We should get together! I live in the West End :)
Christine

definitely. Would love that. am travelling lots next four weeks, 4-5 days a week, but after that. we'll post. tried private messaging you but says you don't receive them.

newday2013
03-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Nice to see others from Northern Ontario!!!

Hi there! It is nice others here, what clinic do you go to, I go to Martin's Clinic. I'm not going anywhere south, must be thinking of somewhere else. I'm a teacher, so March break is over!

newday2013
03-16-2013, 04:06 PM
definitely. Would love that. am travelling lots next four weeks, 4-5 days a week, but after that. we'll post. tried private messaging you but says you don't receive them.

Is there a setting for that? I'll go check?

Canadiandieter
03-16-2013, 04:51 PM
My coach said dizzy and weak = not enough protein...anybody else have that experience?

I've had the same problem and my understanding is it is a lack of salt. I was told to put a bit in my hand and lick it off. Works everytime.

pinkeetoz
03-16-2013, 05:46 PM
I am on phase 1 and was wondering if crab boil is ok as a seasoning. I planned on boiling shrimp in it. Anyone know?

newday2013
03-16-2013, 05:56 PM

I've had the same problem and my understanding is it is a lack of salt. I was told to put a bit in my hand and lick it off. Works everytime.

sea salt?

evepet
03-16-2013, 06:24 PM

You have to be a forum member for 20 days, and have 20 posts before you can get your ticker set up, or have the PM function work.

ginettepv
03-16-2013, 06:26 PM

yes if you go in your settings and options, then edit options, scroll down and check private messaging.

heritagesoftail
03-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Yahhhhhhh I got a ticker today

heritagesoftail
03-16-2013, 06:42 PM

Im heading to Puerta Plata ! Not my ideal destination but for $149 all inclusive I will take it. My sister is coming with me and it is her first trip so we should have a real good time :)

Canadiandieter
03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
[B]
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter

Yes, the sea salt :). Hope you feel better!

DannaA
03-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Hey everyone...just wanted to touch base and ask a quick question. I am on a weekend away with my hubby and have been making really excellent choices so far. My concern though is that we got a hotel "within walking distance" to everything...and in the past two days i have done wayyyy more walking then i probably should. Today i feel woozy and lightheaded...even though i had a shake for breakfast and protein and veg at lunch. I am about to get supper...a big freshly made salad with my choice if veggies....but i am really concerned with how Im feeling. Should i also get some protein for dinner (had 8 oz at lunch).

IdealProteinNewbie
03-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Hey everyone...just wanted to touch base and ask a quick question. I am on a weekend away with my hubby and have been making really excellent choices so far. My concern though is that we got a hotel "within walking distance" to everything...and in the past two days i have done wayyyy more walking then i probably should. Today i feel woozy and lightheaded...even though i had a shake for breakfast and protein and veg at lunch. I am about to get supper...a big freshly made salad with my choice if veggies....but i am really concerned with how Im feeling. Should i also get some protein for dinner (had 8 oz at lunch).

Did you bring extra packets with you? If you're doing much more walking than you're used to I would have an extra non-restricted packet.

If you don't have extra I would have 4 oz of grilled chicken tonight...sounds like your body needs the extra calories/protein.

AmyRH
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
DannaA,
My coach says to have an extra egg or two if I work out. If you're exercising a lot I don't see how that can hurt but curious as to what others would say.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-pinknots/cartoonstar01/lb/184/135/151/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

DannaA
03-16-2013, 07:16 PM
I brought its of rtd shakes...but now won't be able to have one until after we go to see out Broadway show...but i will for sure have one before bed. Last night i skipped my before bed shake (thought i had had enough protein during the day) and i almost fainted on a bathroom trip!! It was scary. I will get some chicken on my salad...i would a great place here that you pick all your in ingredients and they even have a herded olive oil dressing. Thanks for the replies :)

pinkeetoz
03-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi, is it ok to use crab and shrimp boil as a seasoning for shrimp that I am going to boil. Would anyone know?

IdealProteinNewbie
03-16-2013, 07:54 PM
I wish I took a picture of my veggies tonight!

I used this on a cucumber, added diced red onion, cider vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Sooo fun to twirl my vegetables!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=12949731

M35A2
03-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi, is it ok to use crab and shrimp boil as a seasoning for shrimp that I am going to boil. Would anyone know?

You'd need to read the label for the particular brand you're using. Is sugar an ingredient? What does the nutrition lable say regarding carbs/calories?

DRegan
03-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Small NSV for me today... my daughter left an open bag of coconut GS cookies on the counter.. normally that would make me grab some. Today, I was full, having just eaten 2 cups of suateed spinach and mushrooms, and they DIDN;t EVEN TEMPT me!! Yay!! Just had to say that, thanks. =)

I hear ya about the GS cookies, we have 6 unopened boxes that i ordered
from my neice. I think I will send them to my son in college, sure him and his
roomates would eat them up quick! My daughter wanted to open them but she is watching her carbs as well, so its better to get rid of them! :dizzy:

My cravings are like gone after just 3 weeks, went to a movie with my hubby and the popcorn didnt even bother me! by the way Identity Theft was just okay! Shoulda went to OZ, maybe next weekend.

ok have a goodnite all!

Jujubie
03-16-2013, 09:05 PM
NSV....went to my grandmother's house today and she had chicken pie, yummy roasted potatoes, apple pie, cupcakes with homemade frosting, and brownies and I had.......tea :D

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slide-jump/lb/143/120/133/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

DRegan
03-16-2013, 09:29 PM
NSV....went to my grandmother's house today and she had chicken pie, yummy roasted potatoes, apple pie, cupcakes with homemade frosting, and brownies and I had.......tea :D

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slide-jump/lb/143/120/133/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

GOOD FOR YOU!!!:bravo:

newday2013
03-16-2013, 10:36 PM
You have to be a forum member for 20 days, and have 20 posts before you can get your ticker set up, or have the PM function work.

I see...okay, good to know :D Thanks!

tallgirl231
03-16-2013, 11:03 PM
So after my binge last night at McDonald's, I have been completely OP today and feeling better this evening. A college friend came for a visit and we went to a mall to shop. I went into Ann Taylor with my friend since she was looking for a size 00 skirt for her daughter. I have never felt that I will ever fit into AT clothes but seeing all of the beautiful colors and designs, it did get me excited to know that in a few more months, I may be able to purchase some similar outfits to fit my new body. Maybe not at AT, but still nice, bright and fun colors! It was a great motivator to stay OP and continue this journey that I started.

TNmom
03-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Such a good day but I'm tired and ready for bed. Stayed outside all day today! Took kiddos to the park then flew some kites when we got back home. They rode their bikes and poked around the yard all afternoon. Windows up in the house, it was in the 70s today! Now I have spring fever for sure.

leannekarella
03-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

Today was day 1 of our road trip. Stayed 100% OP. Thank heavens for Subway salads! Brought my little hot pot and had IP soup with boiled cauliflower and broccoli (from a steamer bag) for dinner in the hotel after a bun-less burger for lunch.

Got into tax-free Oregon and shopped! Walking into Burlington Coat Factory and walking out with a blouse and jeans that fit off the rack! OMG feels so good, it's been so long!!!

More shopping tomorrow. :dance:

TNmom
03-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

Today was day 1 of our road trip. Stayed 100% OP. Thank heavens for Subway salads! Brought my little hot pot and had IP soup with boiled cauliflower and broccoli (from a steamer bag) for dinner in the hotel after a bun-less burger for lunch.

Got into tax-free Oregon and shopped! Walking into Burlington Coat Factory and walking out with a blouse and jeans that fit off the rack! OMG feels so good, it's been so long!!!

More shopping tomorrow. :dance:

I for one HATE shopping. Everything I like never hangs right, looks right. I cannot wait until I can buy what catches my eye instead of settling for what fits.

bellasamimom
03-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Well today was so hard!!! I had so much junk food here for my DD birthday party. I thought I would be fine. I have not wanted to touch anything. I made it through it without eating anything but man did it leave me feeling a bit sorry for myself :halfempty I know it will be worth it at WI but it made me sad tonight. I am so glad for this place to vent!!! Thanks!!!!

Jeaner
03-17-2013, 07:30 AM
To Bellasmimom...That self-discipline muscle that you worked yesterday at the party was just tired and sore last night. Today and all days going forward that muscle is so much stronger now that you will be glad for the "workout" you gave it. Congratulations for that great success!

ragdoll74
03-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Well today was so hard!!! I had so much junk food here for my DD birthday party. I thought I would be fine. I have not wanted to touch anything. I made it through it without eating anything but man did it leave me feeling a bit sorry for myself :halfempty I know it will be worth it at WI but it made me sad tonight. I am so glad for this place to vent!!! Thanks!!!!

Great job staying on plan with all that temptation at the party. You have to remember it's just food, and you shouldn't feel sad for not being able to eat it. You should be ecstatic that you stayed in control!

The longer you do this the easier it gets. You will stop thinking about the things you can't have and focus on what you can have. Keep it up, you are dong so good!

ginettepv
03-17-2013, 09:39 AM
hello,

Last night we had compagny over, drinks and lots of food. I think my husband took out every junk food available for the group ( He did ask first if I would be o.k. and I said yes as we need to live in the real world and not punish others who do not need to lose weight). I prepared a vegetable tray with lots of cucumbers, celery and other great things.

well after a fabulous night of laughter, I did not even feel the need to drink like everyone else or eat any of the junk food. I am so proud of myself, not even a nibble. I do believe this is a first. what a great victory! woot woot!:carrot:

animallover
03-17-2013, 10:03 AM
hello,

Last night we had compagny over, drinks and lots of food. I think my husband took out every junk food available for the group ( He did ask first if I would be o.k. and I said yes as we need to live in the real world and not punish others who do not need to lose weight). I prepared a vegetable tray with lots of cucumbers, celery and other great things.

well after a fabulous night of laughter, I did not even feel the need to drink like everyone else or eat any of the junk food. I am so proud of myself, not even a nibble. I do believe this is a first. what a great victory! woot woot!:carrot:

Congratulations! That's awesome :)

Nilouve
03-17-2013, 10:11 AM
I remember reading on here (when I could get Wi-Fi ), how to prepare or soften the rutabages in the microwave. I have searched the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday daily chats, plus used search....but just can't find it. I haven't officially started yet ( Tuesday) but I am collecting tips and recipes. I really liked the idea of using rutabages with corned beef. If anyone has time I would sure appreciate that tip repeated. Have a great day everyone.

Here's how I do it;Take an medium size rutabaga, poke it a few times with a knife then wrap all around in about 3-4 thicknesses of paper towel (to absorb the wax coating that will melt off). Depending on the wattage on your microwave, cook on high for about 17 minutes turning occasionally so that the bottom doesn't cook more than other sections.

Remove from microwave and see if a knife will go all the way to the center. If it it is still just a little uncooked, inverting a bowl over it for 10-20 minutes should complete the process. If it is still quite hard, return to the microwave for a few more minutes.

When it feel tender enough, remove paper towels and peel. At this point the rutabaga is "mashable" or you can enjoy it just cubed up.

Hope this trick helps. I have passed this on to many people over the years and everyone is always delighted at how easy it is.

Good luck on you weight loss journey!

Donna Gel
03-17-2013, 10:14 AM
:carrot::carrot: Way to go on staying OP when there is so much temptation around. :carrot::carrot:

Yesterday at the women's conference they has cookies, muffins and fruit sitting around all day. For lunch they served cream of broccoli soup and sandwiches. I checked to make sure there would be raw veggies or undressed salads. I sat and looked around as I ate my vegetables and thought, "Do you all know how much sugar you are putting into your body!!" Haha.

I left the conference early because it was painfully boring.

All in all I didn't do great yesterday with eating, but neither did I eat anything I shouldn't have.

ragdoll74
03-17-2013, 11:11 AM
hello,

:bravo:

lisa32989
03-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Last night we had company over, drinks and lots of food. I think my husband took out every junk food available for the group ( He did ask first if I would be o.k. and I said yes as we need to live in the real world and not punish others who do not need to lose weight). I prepared a vegetable tray with lots of cucumbers, celery and other great things.

well after a fabulous night of laughter, I did not even feel the need to drink like everyone else or eat any of the junk food. I am so proud of myself, not even a nibble. I do believe this is a first. what a great victory! woot woot!
That's what I like best about this plan. There are enough OP choices to keep me satisfied and Ketosis takes care of the true hunger. As long as I don't have to battle any demons in my head trying to get me to eat, its all good. The ketosis REALLY removes the desire to eat more than the plan calls for!

Somebody asked me yesterday how I can be the DD (designated driver) for this long, knowing full well I'd AT LEAST like to have vodka/soda. I just shrugged it off. They don't "get" how much better thinner feels than the one or two drinks. I do. So it is easy for me.

Besides, there have to be new attitudes about both food and drink carried into maintenance if maintenance is to occur!

aliboo723
03-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Yesterday we took my nieces from out of town to the zoo. Good thing I planned ahead. There was absolutely NOTHING except water that was actually OP for me to have.
I did my packet when they ate their PB&J and Hot Dog. My MIL ordered pizza pretzels for everyone else. After we left the zoo hubby stopped by the fruit stand and I picked up some yummies to go in my salad. It was more spread out of a lunch than I usually do, but I DID IT!!!! OP :carrot:
Very proud of myself.:D
We also did some shopping after the zoo. I bought a new scale, which I'm probably returning. This morning I weighed just to see and it was 10lbs different from last night. I let it go off and weighed again...in 30 seconds I gained 3 lbs with no other changes. Thinking it's a dud!
Anyway, we went out for dinner last night as well. I had an 8 oz sirloin and grilled veggies with a salad. Never felt deprived at all (with exception of the yummy bread they brought out at the beginning:devil:).
Anyway, great weekend.

Donna Gel
03-17-2013, 11:36 AM
You need to let the scale sit for a bit before using. Try again this morning.

Mother of the Groom
03-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Good Morning Everyone! Some awesome nsv by everyone this weekend:carrot:

I had a wonderful day yesterday with my DIL to be, we went shopping for my one month reward for staying 100% OP. A pair of killer red shoes :cb:

Have a great day everyone!

cjaco
03-17-2013, 12:43 PM
I just returned to IP a few weeks ago (actually 4 weeks) for a "tune-up". This time I'm sticking to it no matter what. The first time I joined was to support my daughter who also joined. We both lost the weight, but I slacked off. This time I feel so much better about my nutritional goals. Thanks for all your support.

mquinn106
03-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Lots of great temptation victories! Great job staying OP everyone!

Happy St. Patty's Day! I did s Skype IP cooking class with my best friend last night. We had a lot of fun and will be making it a weekly thing. Headed skiing in a bit, as much as I'm looking forward to spring it'll be nice to get a few more runs in before the season is over. The cold is really getting to me lately but I'd rather be thin and freezing than overweight and hot all the time. Looking forward to not dreading the summer heat!

FlooNimbus13127
03-17-2013, 01:47 PM
I just joined My Fitness Pal to track my weight and journal my food in. I had been using another website, but they didn't have an app for my iPhone.

Seems like fun. Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

crazynette826
03-17-2013, 01:52 PM
:cupgold::goldpot::luck2you:Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!:luck2you::goldpot::cupgold:

rubygirl05
03-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Way to go ginettepv and Donna on handling those group temptations! I work in a tech startup with a lot of 20-somethings and lunches consist of bar type food (e.g. wings, etc) and there's free alcohol in the office. I am not ready to reveal my diet, so it's a difficult balance to participate without actually participating. Fortunately, even if I wasn't on IP, I wouldn't eat all that fried food anyway, so it's not so much a temptation to have the food as it is to be part of the group.

I bought a new scale, which I'm probably returning. This morning I weighed just to see and it was 10lbs different from last night. I let it go off and weighed again...in 30 seconds I gained 3 lbs with no other changes. Thinking it's a dud!

I've had this happen to me often with different scales. I bought one last week that I'm very pleased with, it's the Thinner Glass & Chrome scale. If I step on it 5 times, it'll give me the same number.

Question: I want to put a whole chicken in the crockpot with lemon, garlic, and rosemary. I was going to leave the skin on (put the lemon/herbs between the skin and chicken) and remove it post-cooking. Is that ok? Or will the skin cook enough to add too much fat?

ladylunk
03-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Great victories over temptations for so many this weekend.

Yesterday took the kids to Subway for their dinner, but I just had mine early at home before we left. Not sure what meat I would choose at Subway that would actually be very healthy and anyway I can make better food so why pay for it at Subway. I just had a decafe americano while they ate. I'll save subway for when I am in a pinch. Had my shake as later dinner and my restricted even later when we got home, but it all worked out on plan.

I have yet to actually eat out on IP. A lot is for money reasons and I also am a stay at home mom right now so pretty easy to get everything prepared here. I am sure if I was working would have hit restaurants a lot more. Although I do miss working sometimes (especially this long cold winter which I am not used to), I also know following the plan at home without all the hustle has helped me get through it each day.

lisa32989
03-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Question: I want to put a whole chicken in the crockpot with lemon, garlic, and rosemary. I was going to leave the skin on (put the lemon/herbs between the skin and chicken) and remove it post-cooking. Is that ok? Or will the skin cook enough to add too much fat?
The skin will definitely cook but that should be fine as long as you toss the liquid, where most of the fat will be after cooking. I usually roast mine & use the crock pot to make broth with the carcass, after discarding the skin. But if I were going to be gone all day, the crock pot would work for the whole chicken!

rubygirl05
03-17-2013, 02:35 PM
I posted this elsewhere but I know more people check the daily.

It seems like here on the board, everyone's agreed that the 8oz meat is a raw measurement and that you actually eat slightly less, once it's cooked.

My Dr says he wants me to eat 8oz cooked meat (meaning I have to cook more to end up with 8oz). I've asked him 4 different times, just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding him.

I'm thinking about just switching to the 8oz raw measurement and just not telling him. I want to follow the protocol, I'm just not sure who is right and I haven't found anything officially documented about it.

Would having the additional amount of protein impact my losses? (I just started so I don't have any history to judge)

What do you think?

lisa32989
03-17-2013, 02:43 PM
rubygirl: I was given supplementary info that said measure raw.
Personally, I wouldn't stress over it one way or the other.
I don't see any info on your profile re: how long you've been on the plan/how much you've lost but if you're new, just get started and see how it goes. You can always make adjustments along the way.

We need to remember to keep it simple & don't sweat the small stuff.

rubygirl05
03-17-2013, 02:48 PM
rubygirl: I was given supplementary info that said measure raw.
Personally, I wouldn't stress over it one way or the other.
I don't see any info on your profile re: how long you've been on the plan/how much you've lost but if you're new, just get started and see how it goes. You can always make adjustments along the way.

We need to remember to keep it simple & don't sweat the small stuff.

Thanks Lisa!

I just started last week (lost -9.2 on my first weigh in). The plan seems so simple (and it is relatively) but it's been a learning experience on how to execute the protocol and make it fit into my schedule.

Thanks to everyone who's answered my one-off "quick" questions. I'm hoping I'll run out of them soon! :dizzy:

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-17-2013, 02:58 PM
My coach told me Friday that I lost more lean muscle mass than they like to see. She advised that I add some more protein from meat to my daily intake. I'm definitely worried about losing muscle mass, but will adding calories like this really help me lose weight? Also, I'm kind of hesitant to take the readings from that machine as the gospel truth. Has anyone else had issues similar to this and what was your technique to push through it and still have your good losses?

TNmom
03-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Family went out after church and got some food to go. I ordered a Taco salad, dumped it out onto some extra lettuce and threw the shell away as soon as I got home. Definitely a NSV for me. I would have devoured that thing and not thought twice about it before. This time I was thinking.... I need to add more lettuce and here is my tomato for the week :D

aliboo723
03-17-2013, 04:16 PM
I've had this happen to me often with different scales. I bought one last week that I'm very pleased with, it's the Thinner Glass & Chrome scale. If I step on it 5 times, it'll give me the same number.

Thanks. The one I bought was a Weight Watchers scale from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I guess I'll be looking for another one!

newday2013
03-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Learned a few things today, thought I'd share with my girls :)
So, went to the restaurant with my tall, slim 17yr old boy. He had the parm on a bum, smothered with...ok, you get it...
I said to the waitress (young thing) that I had severe allergies so she had to listen carefuly. She said: what kind of allergy? I responded, it's easier if you just give me this: Burger platter: patty, lettuce, onion tomato only, dill pickles on the side. side salad, no dressing, bring the mustard.
I was very polite but firm and I got cheese on my patty no pickles...sent it back, still no pickles...lol...and stood my ground! Should of asked for the bun cheese and bacon to bring home to DH!
Plus, my son had deap fried mars bar for dessert and I didn't CARE!!!
Feeling good today, hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs,
Christine

newday2013
03-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Family went out after church and got some food to go. I ordered a Taco salad, dumped it out onto some extra lettuce and threw the shell away as soon as I got home. Definitely a NSV for me. I would have devoured that thing and not thought twice about it before. This time I was thinking.... I need to add more lettuce and here is my tomato for the week :D

BTW...have you noticed how close you are to the 100 zone???? woohoo!:carrot::carrot:

newday2013
03-17-2013, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=aliboo723;4671467]I've had this happen to me often with different scales. I bought one last week that I'm very pleased with, it's the Thinner Glass & Chrome scale. If I step on it 5 times, it'll give me the same number.

My scale has a memory, tells me how much I'm up or down, pretty cool huh? Except it's a liar when it says up, LOL!!!

lisa32989
03-17-2013, 05:44 PM
BTW...have you noticed how close you are to the 100 zone???? woohoo!
That's called Onderland around here!

newday2013
03-17-2013, 05:48 PM

Yes! Can't wait! So glad I feel better today, yesterday, I felt sluggish and just plain yuck...I had stuffed portebello muchrooms and I don't think they agreed with me. I am sensitive to molds so...

Rachel3
03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Im heading to Puerta Plata ! Not my ideal destination but for $149 all inclusive I will take it. My sister is coming with me and it is her first trip so we should have a real good time :)

Ahhhh...Loved Puerto Plata...have a blast....and where in God's name did you get a deal like that ?

Wild wire
03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
My phase one sheet (Canada) says to measure 8 ounce of meat cooked & our veggies are measured raw. Are other Canucks the same?

TNmom
03-17-2013, 06:17 PM
BTW...have you noticed how close you are to the 100 zone???? woohoo!:carrot::carrot:

OH YEAH! I think I just dont want to say it out loud. My heaviest weight was around 225. I rarely have been under 200 since I was 19 in college and even then I didn't stay very long. I think when I hit 180s I will have a full on break down cause I may actually start to believe I can and WILL stay under 200.

Canadiandieter
03-17-2013, 06:23 PM
My phase one sheet (Canada) says to measure 8 ounce of meat cooked & our veggies are measured raw. Are other Canucks the same?

Mine doesn't say either way. I usually measure raw.

GreatLakes86
03-17-2013, 06:29 PM
My coach told me Friday that I lost more lean muscle mass than they like to see. She advised that I add some more protein from meat to my daily intake. I'm definitely worried about losing muscle mass, but will adding calories like this really help me lose weight? Also, I'm kind of hesitant to take the readings from that machine as the gospel truth. Has anyone else had issues similar to this and what was your technique to push through it and still have your good losses?

Those scales aren't accurate at all. I had the same thing happen to me. I wouldn't stress out about it.

However, my coach is pretty adamant that you should try to eat your breakfast within a half hour of waking up and that you should eat an IP food as your bedtime snack within 2 hours of when you're going to go to sleep. And that you should try to get some protein in you every 4 hours. I attempt to do this as best I can. I split my dinner protein up and have some earlier in the day most days. It is a pain in the tush, but I think it has reduced the weak shaky feeling when I get close to the next meal time. I think the idea is that you get easy to absorb protein right away when you wake up, and you have easy to absorb protein when you go to bed to use while you sleep.

I'm still waiting for that magic "you're never hungry" feeling to appear. I am hungry a lot of the time and am chugging water and hot tea and sort of white knuckling it through a lot of my days at the office. I'm going to ask at my appointment this week if that is something that I just need to power through or if I should be adjusting something else.

Gonna really try
03-17-2013, 07:16 PM
I really like it. Been using it as a dip for my beggie "fries" which i also LOVE

WI tomorrow. I am actually looking forward to it, last two had been ok but not great. I think this one will be great. My size 10 jeans are looking better and better.

heritagesoftail
03-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Ahhhh...Loved Puerto Plata...have a blast....and where in God's name did you get a deal like that ?

Sell off vacations, it is down to $119 today ! Crazy :dizzy:

Jeaner
03-17-2013, 07:30 PM
To nilouve....thank you so much for helping me with the rutabaga question. I'm not usually 'afraid' of veggies, but the vision I get of me and the size of axe I would have needed for that baby....well!

Also, to mquinn 106....what a neat, FUN idea to Skype a cooking class. I'm sure you have inspired many cooking sessions.

I'm loving all of the victories people are having over the circumstances life throws at them. :)

lisa32989
03-17-2013, 07:41 PM
OH YEAH! I think I just dont want to say it out loud. My heaviest weight was around 225. I rarely have been under 200 since I was 19 in college and even then I didn't stay very long. I think when I hit 180s I will have a full on break down cause I may actually start to believe I can and WILL stay under 200.
TRUST my dear! Isn't this the easiest diet you've ever been on? As long as you plan, you'll get there & beyond! I just turned 50 on the 11th and I'm looking at the possibility of being smaller than I was in college, too! I know between the time I graduated/got my first job, I was already wearing Plus-sized clothing. I distinctly remember discovering Lane Bryant as a "god send" a the time - where I could actually find clothes that were "my size"

No more! Back to regular girl stores for me!

TNmom
03-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Forgot to add I'm 33. Been living in the 200s for WAY too long.

lisa32989
03-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Those scales aren't accurate at all. I had the same thing happen to me. I wouldn't stress out about it.

However, my coach is pretty adamant that you should try to eat your breakfast within a half hour of waking up and that you should eat an IP food as your bedtime snack within 2 hours of when you're going to go to sleep. And that you should try to get some protein in you every 4 hours. I attempt to do this as best I can. I split my dinner protein up and have some earlier in the day most days. It is a pain in the tush, but I think it has reduced the weak shaky feeling when I get close to the next meal time. I think the idea is that you get easy to absorb protein right away when you wake up, and you have easy to absorb protein when you go to bed to use while you sleep.

I'm still waiting for that magic "you're never hungry" feeling to appear. I am hungry a lot of the time and am chugging water and hot tea and sort of white knuckling it through a lot of my days at the office. I'm going to ask at my appointment this week if that is something that I just need to power through or if I should be adjusting something else.
The hunger comes & goes but ketosis definitely has removed most of my cravings (after I got over the "head hunger" ---head wanting to eat when the body didn't need it). I definitely have hungrier days and less-hungry days.
An egg or a couple egg whites, hot tea, water.water.water, and and big salads on hungry days are my tools.

Although the exact measurements of the analysis scales isn't necessarily accurate, trends can be watched. If LBM (Lean MASS...not just muscle!) goes down a LOT, that is a trend to watch & address. Addressing it after one reading is giving the scale too much power.

Some coaches are stickers for timing of eating. Others understand the science. Once you're in ketosis, you're using your fat stores more efficiently for energy. The whole re-fueling thing is a holdover from other diets where glycogen stores are being used for energy & need to be replenished more often. I use both the clock and hunger signals to determine when to eat. If it isn't meal time yet & I'm hungry, I grab some herbal tea.
If it is past meal time, I might be okay extending it a bit.

Desafinado
03-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Had my weekly weigh in and didn't lose or gain this week. First slow week. It's TOM though so I'm not worried.

You know what's a good motivator? Looking for spring/summer dresses! There are so many cute ones on the racks! I haven't bought anything yet because I worry that I may lose my way out of it before I have a chance to get good wear out of anything.

BUT I may buy one to wear for my birthday that's coming up in a few weeks because I love a new birthday dress.

Desafinado
03-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Anybody ever use the cheddar cheese crackers as breadcrumbs for a meatloaf?

ladylunk
03-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Totally enjoying my dinner tonight. Finally tried those maple sausage patties I saw on here. The store did not have ground turkey so used ground chicken, wf syrup, green onion, sage, fennell, salt and pepper. Awesome! And my son said so too. It was my first time using the wf syrup just bought a packet. Used the rest and mixed with hot mustard for a dip with dinner. So yummy and so happy that someone posted this idea. Sorry I can't remember who. Will be getting me some syrup.

tam67green
03-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Finally relaxing after a busy, busy weekend.
We were at a karate tourney all day yesterday. We've been to the event before, and there is a little snack bar there that sells only junky-type food (hot dogs, pretzels, cheese fries, etc.) So I took my veggies and an IP bar and had that with a bottle of water while my son ate mozzarella sticks. Proud of myself for that!
Today I was very busy, so didn't do so well. We were out for lunch and there were NO veggies where we ended up eating. So I had some plain chicken strips, and that was all. Dinner was OP, so it wasn't a total wash today. But we were out and about because I took 3 big trash bags of "outgrown" clothes to Goodwill! 10 pants and almost 30 tops that are now too big for me!:carrot:

IdealProteinNewbie
03-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Totally enjoying my dinner tonight. Finally tried those maple sausage patties I saw on here. The store did not have ground turkey so used ground chicken, wf syrup, green onion, sage, fennell, salt and pepper. Awesome! And my son said so too. It was my first time using the wf syrup just bought a packet. Used the rest and mixed with hot mustard for a dip with dinner. So yummy and so happy that someone posted this idea. Sorry I can't remember who. Will be getting me some syrup.

WF syrup makes a great terriyaki sauce too...soy sauce, WF syrup, garlic, mustard and ginger powders! YUM!

A tablespoon in cooked rhubarb is awesome!

Sprinkle diced jicama with cinnamon then add a tablespoon of syrup!

Can you tell I love that stuff? :D

ladylunk
03-17-2013, 09:31 PM
WF syrup makes a great terriyaki sauce too...soy sauce, WF syrup, garlic, mustard and ginger powders! YUM!

A tablespoon in cooked rhubarb is awesome!

Sprinkle diced jicama with cinnamon then add a tablespoon of syrup!

Can you tell I love that stuff? :D

Thanks can't wait to use for all these ideas. Might be after holidays before I get to them all, but so nice to change things up. Maybe I will even retry the cereal pancake which I did not like first time, but also did not have syrup when I ate it. Tastes have changed now. I do have the sweetner after taste right now so I think it is good I waited so long to try it, I probably wouldn't have liked it at the beginning. With rhubarb sometimes I find I have to put quite a bit of splenda or stevia in it as it is so tart so this should be good. I am really enjoying rhubarb. Kind of been using it as an after dinner desert. Just spreading it all out to make it through....

Desafinado
03-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Hm. I have some ground beef and WF syrup. I may try this cause it sounds yummy.

lisa32989
03-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Had my weekly weigh in and didn't lose or gain this week. First slow week. It's TOM though so I'm not worried.

You know what's a good motivator? Looking for spring/summer dresses! There are so many cute ones on the racks! I haven't bought anything yet because I worry that I may lose my way out of it before I have a chance to get good wear out of anything.

BUT I may buy one to wear for my birthday that's coming up in a few weeks because I love a new birthday dress.
Saw your GREAT attitude about slow weeks on another thread so I know you're "good" and not gonna whine :)

I just bought a REALLY cute dress @ JCP. I had no idea what size to get since its only available online so I bought 2 different sizes. Planning to wear it to a wedding in May so I'll reserve judgement until then & return the other one...link to pic of dress (http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/alyx-inset-waist-print-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002510484&catId=cat100210008&deptId=dept20000013&N=1002440007%20%201148&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=%2420+%26+under&dimCombo=Categories|Brand|&dimComboVal=%2420+%26+under|alyx|&currentDim=Brand&currentDimVal=alyx). If neither of the sizes I chose work, I'll just return & get another!

I fit into a ROCKING HOT black lace dress right now (from shopping in my "too small" box in the closet). My DH just MUST take me somewhere I can wear it before it is too big!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-17-2013, 09:36 PM
I just bought a REALLY cute dress @ JCP.

I fit into a ROCKING HOT black lace dress right now (from shopping in my "too small" box in the closet). My DH just MUST take me somewhere I can wear it before it is too big!

Cute dress and $20! Can't beat that!

Yes, he will have to take you out in the black lace dress...picture?

FlooNimbus13127
03-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Great victories over temptations for so many this weekend.

Yesterday took the kids to Subway for their dinner, but I just had mine early at home before we left. Not sure what meat I would choose at Subway that would actually be very healthy and anyway I can make better food so why pay for it at Subway. I just had a decafe americano while they ate. I'll save subway for when I am in a pinch. Had my shake as later dinner and my restricted even later when we got home, but it all worked out on plan.

I've gotten the turkey chopped salad at Subway and been very happy. I get spinach instead of iceberg lettuce, bell pepper, onion, and tomato when I can. Sometimes I've had my WF dressing on me, others not. But Subway is actually my fast food meal of choice!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-17-2013, 09:44 PM
I usually have extra grilled or broiled chicken in the fridge so I'll take that with me in a zip-loc bag and get the Veggie Delite salad at Subway.

Lettuce, spinach, pickles, green peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos, and red onion!

Dump my chicken on top = dinner on the go!

Desafinado
03-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Saw your GREAT attitude about slow weeks on another thread so I know you're "good" and not gonna whine :)

I just bought a REALLY cute dress @ JCP. I had no idea what size to get since its only available online so I bought 2 different sizes. Planning to wear it to a wedding in May so I'll reserve judgement until then & return the other one...link to pic of dress (http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/alyx-inset-waist-print-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002510484&catId=cat100210008&deptId=dept20000013&N=1002440007%20%201148&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=%2420+%26+under&dimCombo=Categories|Brand|&dimComboVal=%2420+%26+under|alyx|&currentDim=Brand&currentDimVal=alyx). If neither of the sizes I chose work, I'll just return & get another!

Ha! JCP is where I was looking, too! Here's the dress I was thinking about: DRESS (http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/belted-button-front-shirtdress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002440532&catId=cat100210008&N=1402&pageSize=96&topDim=Color&topDimvalue=blues&dimCombo=Color|&dimComboVal=blues|&currentDim=Color&currentDimVal=blues)

newday2013
03-17-2013, 10:04 PM
I just bought a REALLY cute dress @ JCP.

Vavava voom! I also have 2 dresses that have been sitting in my closet since I entered the dreaded 200 zone, I too have a wedding in May...let's just say sounds like a mini goal to me!!!

newday2013
03-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Ha! JCP is where I was looking, too! Here's the dress I was thinking about: DRESS
very pretty! you should put your pic up so we can see you!

Ishbel
03-17-2013, 10:15 PM
I posted this elsewhere but I know more people check the daily.

It seems like here on the board, everyone's agreed that the 8oz meat is a raw measurement and that you actually eat slightly less, once it's cooked.

My Dr says he wants me to eat 8oz cooked meat (meaning I have to cook more to end up with 8oz). I've asked him 4 different times, just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding him.

I'm thinking about just switching to the 8oz raw measurement and just not telling him. I want to follow the protocol, I'm just not sure who is right and I haven't found anything officially documented about it.

Would having the additional amount of protein impact my losses? (I just started so I don't have any history to judge)

What do you think?

My entire phase 1 wa done wi 8 oz cooked and that hasn't changed in my clinic. I confirmed it multiple times during phase 1 and since I have completed phase 1 and I'm told its still 8 oz cooked. One or two ounces either way shouldn't hurt you but if your coach is telling you cooked why miss out on a few extra ounces.

newday2013
03-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Well, well well...if it isn't my mini goal...oops, not sure how to do the cool link thing like you did, lol!

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/american-living-v-neck-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002540441&catId=cat100210008&deptId=dept20000013&rootDimName=size%2C&N=100260278 339&Ns=PLH&pageSize=96&extDim=true&topDim=Categories&topDimvalue=sundresses&dimCombo=Categories%7CSize%7C&dimComboVal=sundresses%7C12%7C&currentDim=Size&currentDimVal=12

ladylunk
03-17-2013, 10:49 PM
My entire phase 1 wa done wi 8 oz cooked and that hasn't changed in my clinic. I confirmed it multiple times during phase 1 and since I have completed phase 1 and I'm told its still 8 oz cooked. One or two ounces either way shouldn't hurt you but if your coach is telling you cooked why miss out on a few extra ounces.

Wow interesting stuff. My coach has also has said cooked but being on this site I kind of went with majority ruled and my coach must be wrong so have been measuring raw most times. Good to know you made it through fine doing it that way and I won't feel so guilty when I take my max ounces cooked. I know I use way over in fat too but my losses have been pretty good. All loss weeks except for one offplan day. I love my coconut oil.

Ishbel
03-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Wow interesting stuff. My coach has also has said cooked but being on this site I kind of went with majority ruled and my coach must be wrong so have been measuring raw most times. Good to know you made it through fine doing it that way and I won't feel so guilty when I take my max ounces cooked. I know I use way over in fat too but my losses have been pretty good. All loss weeks except for one offplan day. I love my coconut oil.

There seems to be differences depending on where you live lol (Canada vs US)....careful with the oil...your liver will use the oil before your fat stores so when you add in extra it may not show on the scale but you might prevent loss of fat stores in your body....that being said some people need the extra oil. Be sure to talk to your coach.

Good luck! :)

lisa32989
03-17-2013, 11:37 PM
newday: the link didn't work. You might want to try editing using the link at the top of the screen when you click "post reply" (or Go Advanced). It looks like a little world with a link in front of it.

ladylunk
03-17-2013, 11:38 PM
There seems to be differences depending on where you live lol (Canada vs US)....careful with the oil...your liver will use the oil before your fat stores so when you add in extra it may not show on the scale but you might prevent loss of fat stores in your body....that being said some people need the extra oil. Be sure to talk to your coach.

Good luck! :)

Oh is that what it is..... Thanks for all the info. I keep telling myself that depending on how weigh in goes I can always cut back and haven't felt I needed to yet. You have done so well on this journey, thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Desafinado
03-17-2013, 11:42 PM
So I went to try on all my summer dresses that are put away because it occurred to me I should work with the stuff I have and while they fit much better and I look better in them, it reminded me not to get lax. I still have a good bit of weight to lose before my numbers are in healthy range and I need to stay focused. I want to look nice, because as I've noted before, I'm vain, but I really really reallllllly want to be HEALTHIER.

And on that note, when have people started exercising? I am fairly sedentary during the cold months (I really hate winter) but in the spring/summer I swim several times a week and bike.

Ishbel
03-17-2013, 11:50 PM
So I went to try on all my summer dresses that are put away because it occurred to me I should work with the stuff I have and while they fit much better and I look better in them, it reminded me not to get lax. I still have a good bit of weight to lose before my numbers are in healthy range and I need to stay focused. I want to look nice, because as I've noted before, I'm vain, but I really really reallllllly want to be HEALTHIER.

And on that note, when have people started exercising? I am fairly sedentary during the cold months (I really hate winter) but in the spring/summer I swim several times a week and bike.

I walked when I had the time...it was too expensive for me to add in an extra packet and well, I enjoyed the extra time NOT exercising lol. :)

ladylunk thanks :)

leannekarella
03-18-2013, 12:27 AM

OKAY! I've been keeping my mouth shut with this...but I'm in Canada, too, and mine says cooked! If it's chicken, I might weigh it cooked, but if it's a higher fat like beef, I weigh it raw. *shrug* I don't think it' really matters. According to MFP logs, I'm getting adequate protein/day.

IP43
03-18-2013, 12:45 AM
:drinkup::goldpot::luck2you:I went back 4 pages before I found me a leprechaun! There's only 20 min left, but hope e1 had a happy St. Patty's day weekend!:kissluck::luck2you::irish:

(Ok - that may have been excessive, but we only get to use these smiley's one day a year d@mmit! gonna get all the green I can get!

lisa32989
03-18-2013, 12:55 AM
:drinkup::goldpot::luck2you:I went back 4 pages before I found me a leprechaun! There's only 20 min left, but hope e1 had a happy St. Patty's day weekend!:kissluck::luck2you::irish:

(Ok - that may have been excessive, but we only get to use these smiley's one day a year d@mmit! gonna get all the green I can get!

Went back 4 pages??? :?:
They are right in the smilie list!
Just click "more" & scroll to st patty's day smilies