40-Somethings - 40-Something May Day Challenge

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 40-Something May Day Challenge

natamars
03-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Good morning, 40-somethings! May 1st is 7 weeks away, and I am hoping by then it will really be spring, and time to wear those beautiful spring clothes that don't quite fit now!

What are your goals for this challenge? Mine are:

1) Lose 5 lbs
2) Start strength training 3 days/week(classes, machines at gym, free weights/resistance at home)
3) Spend 5 minutes a day on a combination of planks and push ups
4) Continue to monitor calories and stay ~1350/day
5) Running or other cardio 3 days/week
6) Continue to do stairs at work.

Jennifer1966
03-16-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm in! My goals for May 1:
1. Lose 10 pounds (I'll post official starting weight Monday morning)
2. Continue my Couch to 5K program
3. Begin strength training on my off days (maybe use my kettle bells)

newleaf123
03-16-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm in! My goals are:

1. Lose 5 pounds: 152 goal
2. Have my fitness level retested from a year ago
3. Yoga 1x per week
4. Weights 2x per week
5. Cardio 4-5x per week

junem
03-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Hmm. May Day. Six and a half weeks from now. I am in.

By then Bicycle Club activities will be in full swing, assuming this snow gets around to melting. I want to see 14_ on the scale. I haven't been in the 140's since 1997. So my goal is 149 or below.

Plan to get there is 1)count calories every day. 2)Cardio (jogging, biking) 3-4X per week.

Zumbachica
03-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks for starting this Natamars!!! We've been in this game for a long time together!!!! And we're still trying...YAY US!!!

Okay so I'm a little afraid to set goals because the last two challenges I didn't even come close and it all got shot to Hades....but here I go again. I've been feeling more in control the past few days so Im giving it my all and more..longer days and more sunshine is giving me a little gusto!!!

And yes, I also want to fit into those cute spring/summer clothes. Bought a dress from Bloomies yesterday that I want to look better in and not have to wear industrial strength spanx.....and don't get me started on the beach!

Goals for this challenge:
1. Practice Intermittent fasting and Intuitive Eating.
2. Continue cross fit two times a week, my Zumba classes, kettlebells and try and get more cardio in, either fast walking outside or on the treadmill, attempt to run although I dont think I can.
3. Make a conscious effort to get more water down during the day.
4. No more diet soda unless im out at a restaurant or bar (gotta mix that vodka with SOMETHING yanno)
5. I'm afraid to set a weight goal but I will make this one a biggie, since we have seven weeks. I'm going to say 137. My real goal is 133 but I haven't been that in over a year and I don't want to torture myself into thinking I could get to that. My focus now is to build more muscle tone and firm up all this junk in the trunk and thighs. I'll be paying attention to losing inches and getting back into my skinny jeans rather than be a slave to the scale.....

LETS DO THIS>>>>LETS GET READY FOR MAY DAY!!!

2FatCats
03-16-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm in - going to town to do a little shopping right now - will post goals later!

junem
03-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Jennifer, I just noticed a parallel. We are the same height, and I was 182 lbs when I decided to try running. It was really hard at first, but it stuck, and now I can run 5K w/o too much problem. Power to ya !!

Winnie72
03-16-2013, 09:25 PM
My goals are simple

1. Stay active
2. Lose 5 lbs
3. cut out all soda by this date (it will be the hardest)

Sum38
03-17-2013, 10:53 AM
I am not going to do a weigh goal, but a fitness goal.

We are rejoining the gym.

1) Walk my puppy 4-5 times per week.
2) Use the gym 3 times per week.

trukmek
03-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Mine is going to have to be a fitness goal too: every day I don't work, I spend an hour on the recumbent bike. I also want to work on cutting out more carbs...especially the table sugar kind.

Kristy

Agalinfl
03-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Stay on my eating program. Start an exercise program. Enter onederland - it's been years since I've been there.

guacamole
03-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Starting weight
3/17/13 - 154

Current weight
3/17/13 - 154

Goal weight
5/1/13 - 148

Hoping to get back to my low weight since starting 3fc of 148lbs. I also want to reincorporate exercise back into my routine 3 or 4 days per week, now that the snow and ice are clearing up. Good luck to us all!

2FatCats
03-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Okay, Time to post the goals: I will hit my weight/bf% goal during this time frame! And this time I'm prepared for what comes after . . . it's still so weird to try to gain after losing, though!

1. Continue: Phase III of NRoL Supercharged (weights 3x week)

2. Continue: Eat on Plan - ~1600 calories, 155g protein, 155g carb, 40g fat
2a. Add 150 calories each week: 08Apr(1750), 15Apr(1900), 22Apr(2050), 29Apr (2200) in prep for surplus starting 06May(2400+)

3. Continue: Drop body fat below 21% while maintaining lean mass of 117-118lb. It should take about 5lbs of fat loss to put me there. Scale weight doesn't matter - it all depends on how the hips/belly fare under the tape measure.

4. Add: 30 minute spin bike sessions 2x week

The Hypertrophy Section of NRoLS starts in May- this should put me in a perfect position to build some real muscle!

Disclaimer: Not sure how much recovery (if any) I will need after 28Mar surgery. But, for the first time ever, I will make myself take time to heal /rest and not rush back into exercise at the detriment of my health. If needed, I will just adjust the above goals to compensate for surgery/recovery.

mboo
03-17-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm In!!
Continue exercise 5-6 days a week
Get under 200
weight loss goal is gonna be to lose 7 pounds (Having a lot of get togethers in the next few weeks, my bday, easter, etc....that is why goal is low.)

cw 206.6
gw 199.6

LuvCats
03-18-2013, 01:58 AM
I'm definitely in too.

My goals:

1) End the challenge weighing less than I do currently.
2) Continue to exercise regularly (5+ times a week).

We can do this! :carrot:

Jennifer1966
03-18-2013, 07:15 AM
Here is weight goal:
SW: 183
GW: 173

Wow, even if I get close, I'll be happy!

natamars
03-18-2013, 08:57 AM
I've been off plan since Friday night. Friday night and Saturday
were expected, yesterday was not. Have my b'fast and
lunch packed and my calorie notebook filled out. Gym and planks
tonite.

Zumbachica
03-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Hello everyone!! Looks like everyone has some great goals here.....I hope you all had a nice St Patty's day. I made the traditional corned beef and cabbage and won't get on the scale today because I know that corned beef has me bloated. I also had an ice cream ball (Target sells those, why did I buy them) last night. I felt like it was a holiday so why not. So...that was my cheat day and I'm back on track today. Going to Zumba and then tonight Cross fit...(eeeeek...dreading it already).....I also have a free month at a local 24 hour gym and I have to sit and figure out when in my schedule I am going to get there......I feel like we're down to the wire with the warmer weather on its way and I need to make some headway.

I notice some are choosing fitness goals over weight goals....I never thought of that...why put the pressure of that number down? And a fitness goal will eventually turn into a weight goal achieved anyway. Great idea ladies!

It is freezing again today, but the days are longer and sunnier, so I know that spring is on its way and there will be no more hiding under sweats and sweaters. When my arms went to Hades that is when I truly felt "old". So I guess my fitness goal should be me focusing on some upper body work and gettng these arms a bit more toned and ready for tank tops....

Well as usual I'm talking the talk, time to get off my bum and make this day happen.

2FatCats
03-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Morning Ladies!

Mondays will be my official weight/bf%/check-in days:
18Mar SW: 151.8 SBF:22.4%
25Mar
01Apr
08Apr
15Apr
22Apr
29Apr
01May:

junem
03-18-2013, 12:24 PM
I weigh in on Mondays. I was up 1# to 157.0 this AM. But some of it is sure to be PMS bloat. 140's here I come.

LuvCats. I like your goals, definitely using the "Keep It Simple" principle.

I wish it would quit snowing, but winter is hanging on tenaciously. So its off to the fitness club, AGAIN.

Zumbachica
03-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Well I did'nt make it to Cross fit tonight, I think the new sneakers I've been wearing to zumba are causing me a lot of joint pain...not sure why .....my ankles and knees hurt. I was too shot to get to CS tonight but now I regret it..atleast I gave it my all at Zumba this morning.......

Didn't do so great on eating today, made some Irish Soda bread and how could I not eat it? But tomorrow is a fast day, I look forward to it.......

hope everyone else had a good day...

natamars
03-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Monday: 1450 calories, 30 min elliptical, 5 min push-ups/planks

Wow, eating off plan for just a few days makes it hard to get back into it and keep calories low. But I'm proud that I drove myself to the gym in the snow at 9PM when I really just wanted to go to bed.

zumba, how are you doing the fasting? I try to eat most of my calories between 8 and 3, although I allow myself a few hundred calories around 6 before a workout.

june, it's snowing here in NY too. So freaking sick of it.

2fc, your body fat is amazing..you're such an inspiration.

petra65
03-19-2013, 08:25 AM
I'll join this thread this time. I've been struggling to get back to my exercise routine since my mother-in-law got sick. I want to get back to at least 3 times a week.

guacamole
03-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Starting weight
3/17/13 - 154

Current weight
3/19/13 - 152

Goal weight
5/1/13 - 148

Super busy right now, but really trying to watch the sugar and carb intakes. The next 2 weeks will be a challenge with various events that involve lots of food! Still fighting the good fight.

Good luck today, everyone!

LuvCats
03-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Keeping it simple works for me, Junem. Glad you like it.

Hang in there everyone! We can do this.

As for me, only down .2#. Lol after last week I kind of expected this though plus I did go out to dinner 2x this past week. Now the challenge will be to behave relatively well when I travel to my daughter's house this week.

Plainsgirl
03-19-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm in!! Talk bout perfect timing...I have just recommitted myself to getting back to my "fighting weight" and my son will be 13 on May 8th. I will read all the posts so far after jumping in here but wanted to do ONE THING today that proves to myself that i am serious about this. I don't know yet what exactly my weight goal will be because i haven't stepped on the scale in over a week (denial much??) but WILL do this in the morning. Thanks for this thread. And i promise i will learn everyone's name in the following few days lol.

2FatCats
03-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Thanks Natamars! You're an inspiration! It takes some amazing dedication to drive to the gym in the snow AND at night! I detest driving in either of those conditions much less both. I pretty much don't like driving period.

My bf% is getting there - it looks better on paper, though! Sadly now I look like a snake that swallowed a big soft meal. *sigh*
Gotta get rid of the last of the belly bulges! You can't see it in clothes- but it's there. Taunting me.

Sum38
03-19-2013, 11:07 PM
I walked 4.7 miles

firegirl441
03-20-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm in! I do plan to have pelvic mesh removal and reconstruction surgery done in the coming weeks, but my goals for this great May 1 challenge is:

1. Make it to the pool 3 times per week until and after surgery/recouperation.
2. Work up to 180 abdominal crunchies in the water
3. Break the 180's and weigh 17_

natamars
03-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Epic fail yesterday. Felt weak and hungry all day at work so consumed
1400 calories there which would have been ok had
I not had another 900 when I got home including pizza and
frozen yogurt for a total of about 2275. Still feel painfully bloated
this morning. 35 min of stair climbing

Today will be a better day...I did this to myself

Plainsgirl
03-20-2013, 09:25 AM
OK. Finally got my nerve to stand on the scale. 146.4. There it is. In black and white. It irritates the heck out of me because that is exactly what I have weighed for the last 6-9 months. Give or take 1.5 pounds. Workout or not. Eat what I want. Or not. I've got to figure this out. But in the meantime I have all of you wonderful ladies to keep me motivated to not give up. And I promise to do my best to cheer each of you on as well. I know how it feels to get that "pat on the back"...especially from someone who KNOWS.

So....my goals are looking like this:
1)Get under 14_ I don't even care if it ends up 139.9. Seriously
2)Drink 4-5 bottles of water a day. Used to do that without fail.
3) Get in some form of cardio a minimum of 4 days in a week. Weights 2 times.
4)Check in here at least once a day. Sometimes that is hard with my work schedule but I'm working on FOLLOW THRU LOL

Alright ladies....lets go out there today and kick some butt!!:carrot: :carrot:

Jennifer1966
03-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Ugh, TOM is here with a vengeance! I basically ate from the time I got home yesterday until I went to bed. I was way too cowardly to weigh this morning, but at least cravings seem to have subsided (only to be replaced with massive back pain). I will be brave and weigh tomorrow. I have to work 13 hour days today and tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be too busy to eat much!

Zumbachica
03-20-2013, 10:26 PM
JENNIFER:; I'm out of control when I PMS also...its insane...I get the wierdest cravings...salty stuff, sweet stuff..then just a crazy hunger in general..there has to be a way to control that.

PLAINSGIRL You and I are the same weight and almost the same height..I also have been fighting that number for months now, and it doesn't matter what I do....totally nuts how our bodies "set" themselves to a weight. Hopefully I will get this extra weight off once and for all, because spring is here and there's no time to waste anymore!!!

NATAMARS: we all have those days that we fail, I have a lot of them.....I think once in a while having a mega calorie day doesn't hurt us as long as we confine it to one day and then jump back on the wagon..that's how skinny people eat!!!! They eat at parties but then they become normal again whereas someone like me keeps the party going for months...hang in there kiddo...we'lll get this right....I just know it.

FIRGIRL: good luck with your surgery.....good time to start "new"

SUM38: Good job on that walk!!
2FATCATS: There's always that last area taht holds on for that famine that isnt' coming any time soon...you'll do it girlfriend...you're on fire!!

GUAC: just stay mindful to be careful in between those events....balance honey..balance!

Zumbachica
03-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Well there's always something coming between me and working out.....last night I woke up in the middle of the night with the worse UTI pain ever...it was awful...I was in agony...thank goodness I had some old pyridinine that helped a little.....but i didn't have much sleep at all.....went to the doc's this morning and sure enough I have an infection..On antibiotics ........Im still in pain but feeling better......so its safe to say that cross fit didn't happen tonight, and it won't happen tomorrow either..I'm not making progress here with my workouts and its pathetic.

I finally bought the Fast Diet book today so I can do this properly. I went off my fast and had sugar, and that resulted in a two pound gain...OUCH...not cool.....I absolutely love not having the pressure to eat every four hours and all this other stuff we're told to do......So back on the fast wagon I go. Tomorrow night having breakfast with a friend before I drive her to the doctor....and then dinner tomorrow night with the girls but I already know what i"m ordering.....On antibiotics so no booze...less calories...
Hang in there everybody....we had our first day of spring and its all uphill from here!!!

Plainsgirl
03-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Ugh....yesterday was about par for the course. Couldn't go work out in the am as planned cause I got called in 1 1/2 hrs early...recovered quite nicely by packing very healthy, and filling lunch and snacks. And then...dd texts and invited her brother and I over so she can make dinner for us. She just moved into her first apt and was chomping at the bit to show her domestic side. Only problem:shes been living with her dad for many years and inherited his taste for...ummm...crap? Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn. And she filled my plate. sigh..... I weighed in at exactly what I did yesterday. I did however get in 2 bottles of water....those big ones from Ice Mountain with the sports top. So all in all I will count yesterday...neutral? lol. Hoping I can get to the y today since I get off early today. I need to sweat. :exercise::exercise: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/exercise.gif

Plainsgirl
03-21-2013, 08:03 AM
...sorry about the link...lol. Still learning how to do this. :dizzy:

natamars
03-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Wednesday: 1295 calories, 20 min stairclimbing, resistance training at home

Yesterday went much better. I couldn't go to the gym since DH didn't get home from work until midnight, but did free weights, squats, lunges, sit ups at home. I did a few planks and push ups but my abs were still SO sore from Monday night. My core is really shot..needs so much work.

Weighed in and am up 1 lb from last Friday. Could be much worse considering I was off plan for most of the week. Hopefully there's not more to come.

guac, you sound much better. You're an inspiration for me to keep going...I know how hard it's been for you and yet you've never given up. And when you look back over time you can see how much progress you've made.

plainsgirl, sounds like you did a great job w/ a day where curveballs kept getting thrown at you - be proud!

zumba, sorry about the UTI..ugh. But the IF sounds like it will work really well with your lifestyle, so yay on that! Hope you feel better soon.

jennifer, I am exactly the same way, in fact I wondered if I might be getting mine early since I was so OOC with food Tuesday. It's like a huge gaping hole that has to be filled. Hope you're feeling better today.

guacamole
03-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Starting weight
3/17/13 - 154

Current weight
3/21/13 - 152

Goal weight
5/1/13 - 148

Had a so-so day with eating yesterday. Going out to a fabulous restaurant with the family tonight, and so I really want to save my calories for dinner. I'm feeling kind of hungry right now and am hoping I don't blow things by going into dinner with most of my calories used up. I know I am not going to hold back ordering tonight, because I have been looking forward to this. So...I need to buck up today and use what little will power I have to consume calories in moderation. We have 5pm reservations - I can keep it under control until then! Right? LOL!

Good luck today, everyone. Once again, thanks to all of you for sharing and being there - it helps me so much to know there are others in the same boat.

LuvCats
03-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Yeah on the loss Guac! Keep it up everyone! Hang in there you can do it!

Sorry no time to go back further and respond individually... I leave for my oldest daughter's in an hour and return on Monday. My youngest daughter is going with me--her first time on a plane (lol at 17... I made her get her permit so she could go and now that she passed the test she is super thrilled and wanting to drive any possible chance).

Still OP and hoping to stay that way most of the time on the trip. Should get decent exercise too. Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Jennifer1966
03-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Zumba: Love the comment about how skinny people eat--you are so right! Why does something that seem so easy have to be so hard? Occasional gluttony is not a bad thing--unless, as you said, it becomes a month long (or a year in my case!)

Plainsgirl: A neutral day with lots of water is not too bad! I hope you got to work out today.

Natamars: Good job on always getting the exercise in--I really struggle with that!

Guacamole: Hope your dinner is fabulous!

Luvcats: Have a great weekend. Hope DD likes flying! My DD is going to Santa Monica for spring break Sunday while I stay here awaiting another spring snow!

I'm on my second day of working 13+ hours, and I don't know how people do this regularly! I'm exhausted.

Sum38
03-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Another 4.7 mile walk :woohoo:

Move in date; TOMORROW!!:cheer::cheer: I am sooooo happy to be out of my in-laws and into my own home!!!!!!!!!!!

mboo
03-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Have Had A Rough Few Days Hungry Big Time And Kinda Down About No Big Loss....I Had A Hysterectomy In 2011 Cant Blame Tom...My My Bday Is Sat. Afraid I Will Get Carried Away With Eating .Im JustIn A Funk..Easter I Have 2 DinNers.i KnowI'm Gonna Over Eat.....JustNeeded ToVent A Little I guess

natamars
03-22-2013, 07:39 AM
Thursday: 1625 calories, 25 min stairclimbing, 4 miles on readmill, 2.6 @ 5.8 mph plus warmup and cooldown

I'm up .2 for the week..not bad considering how up and down my calories were. Had to cut my run a little short since I was feeling pain in my middle and my heart rate was feeling really high.. was fine afterward though. I have to find a way to make the running happen 3x/week. Tomorrow DS has baseball practice in the morning so I'm planning to run around the grounds while he's practicing.

Will be off plan at the bowling party tonight, but will go right back to plan tomorrow morning.

mboo, happy birthday! We have all been there..just do the best you can during the dinners and try to stay on plan in between. And try to get some exercise in, that helps with mood too.

sum, double woo-hoo! You must be so happy!

jennifer, are you getting a shorter work week in exchnage for longer shifts?

luv, you sound great!

guac, nice loss! You're sounding stronger..I know you can meet your goal!

Jennifer1966
03-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Sum: way to go on another long walk!! And congrats on moving! I'm glad you found a house.

Mboo: holidays and birthdays are hard for us trying to reduce! I'm sure you'll be out of your funk soon. They just seem to happen and hopefully disappear as rapidly as they came!

Here's my weight goal progress so far:

CW: 181.4

Right now, I just want to get into the 180s!! My exercise goals have not been going well, but I worked 27 hours in last 2 days, so no time! After today, I'm off for a week, so I won't have any excuses!

Zumbachica
03-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi Ladies, I'm still fighting off this UTI and I'm not sure why I'm not recovering as fast as I should.....so exercise has NOT been a priority. Met friends for dinner last night and tried to make good choices until the waitress said my entree came with fries or baked potato..I had sweet potato fries..then my friend kept insisting that I try her ice cream....big mistake....so I woke up today feeling sick and bloated. When am I going to change? When is this going to happen?

I'm buckling down this weekend and reading my FAST DIET book and getting as much exercise in as I can, no excuses I have nothing that I have to do or somewhere that i need to be.....

I'm not even going go attempt to weigh myself this morning....

Going to aqua class this morning, then have to make some returns to the mall...

have a good one everybody!!!

natamars
03-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Friday: Was at about 1020 calories before the bowling last night. But the food was so bad I didn't eat much. I took 2 small slices of pizza but couldn't even finish the second one because I felt so bloated. Ate one mozzarella stick but it was SO greasy I couldn't eat more. A few tortilla chips with some salsa and a cup of soda. I did have some frozen yogurt when I got home. No exercise other than bowling.

It's cold but the sun is out..we'll see how today's run goes.

Jennifer1966
03-23-2013, 11:58 AM
It's a beautiful Saturday morning in NE Ohio. Way too cold for spring, but at least it's sunny and bright! I weighed in at 181.2 this morning. I am truly chomping at the bit to reach the 170s (179.9 would be ok!). Hopefully by my Monday weigh in, if I can keep the weekend debauchery to a minimum!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

trukmek
03-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Good Morning Jennifer and everyone else! It was colder here than it has been in weeks...or at least felt like it as I froze all night because the heater was off. Didn't sleep so well last night, so getting a late start to my day...oh well.

Got on the scale and had lost a pound...good way to end my week! :)

natamars
03-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Saturday: 1415 calories. Walked around the baseball field for an hour, strength training at home.

It is SO ridiculously cold here. Temp was probably in the 30's during baseball practice but it had to be single digits with the wind chill. I didn't want to run and sweat and freeze after, so I just kept up a steady pace walking..it was warmer than sitting on a metal bench.

truk, yay on the lb!

Jen, those 170's are SO close..you will get there very soon!

Jennifer1966
03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Cold Sunday, but no snow yet! DD is on spring break in Santa Monica and is sending me lovely, sunny beach pics! (It's in high 60s!). We are to get 4-6" of snow if forecast is correct :(.

Decent day food-wise and DH and I did a 3.5 mile brisk walk. Here's hoping tomorrow's weigh in is pleasant!! Hope you all have a great week!

Zumbachica
03-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Yes..cold weekend indeed.....ate way too much this weekend........today especially...went to a friends house that loves to feed me..bleh.....I noticed that I really don't eat sweets or sugar but I still manage to gain...grrrrrrrrrr.......

Sum38
03-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Just a quick check-in.

Move is behind us...and I am SORE!!!!

We went from 4000sq.ft to 2000sq.ft.... I feel great about getting rid of all JUNK! I tossed away all my size 2, 4 and 6 clothes. Yup! If I get down to that size again, I will just buy new clothes. Last time I was size 6 was 6-7 years ago and this stuff looked out dated anyways...why do we hang onto old clothes??

I am sorry that I don't have time for personals.

Sending :dust: to all.

natamars
03-25-2013, 08:58 AM
1500 cal, 4 mi run w/ .8 mi walk to warmup. Tom is coming .
Scale has been going up and down the same lb for weeks.

Aaaauuuggghhh!

junem
03-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Last week was rough. I took an unplanned trip to help my brother who is probably going to have to give up living independantly because of a worsening heart condition. I am stressed. I have payed very little attention to my own health and food choices. I have wasted week 1 of this challenge. But I hope I can take this experience as a wake-up call, illustrating what can happen too early in life if you don't take care of your heart.

I hope I can have a better week. But I will probably need to go back down south. So I have to figure out how to do this while traveling.

At least I am still at 157, not more.

2FatCats
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Afternoon Ladies! I've had a successful week!

Here is my Monday official weight/bf%/check-in:

1. Continue: Phase III of NRoL Supercharged (weights 3x week) Success

2. Continue: Eat on Plan - ~1600 calories, 155g protein, 155g carb, 40g fat Success
2a. Add 150 calories each week: 08Apr(1750), 15Apr(1900), 22Apr(2050), 29Apr (2200) in prep for surplus starting 06May(2400+) Two more weeks

3. Continue: Drop body fat below 21% while maintaining lean mass of 117-118lb. It should take about 5lbs of fat loss to put me there. Scale weight doesn't matter - it all depends on how the hips/belly fare under the tape measure. Success

4. Add: 30 minute spin bike sessions 2x week Success

25Mar 151.0 BF:21.6%
01Apr
08Apr
15Apr
22Apr
29Apr
01May:

2FatCats
03-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Hope all are well -
I went to the hospital last week and did all of my pre-op stuff. Now just waiting for surgery on Thursday! Of course...wouldn't you know...TOM sorta shows up on Saturday. 2 weeks early. Hope it's a brief visit so I can still have surgery!! Doesn't really feel like a 'visit' when it's always here, though.... clearly I need this procedure. *sigh*

mboo
03-25-2013, 07:52 PM
MY WeighInWasYesterday It Was ThE Same,ReallyFrustrated

Zumbachica
03-25-2013, 09:54 PM
150 lbs this morning...gaining weight instead of losing. AT this point i'm just throwing my hands up in the air and giving up....I can't keep doing this..just setting myself up for failure. I have never in my whole life had this much trouble losing weight, and I haven't weighed this much since i was nine months pregnant with my younger son. Tomorrow I am having an ultrasound and an OBGYN visit. I am feeling achey and wierd....thinking maybe something is going on with hormones or ovaries, or thyroid or all of the above!!! Normally I am not a hypochondriac, but I really do not feel like myself......I'm so sorry to be the downer here......

Today I taught my toning class , did great with my eating (not that that makes a difference anymore).

SUM: I will never throw out my size sixes..I give you credit for doing that. I need those clothes as a reminder of what I had and what I need to have again..but you have so much room now for new things I bet!!! ')) Our favorite store WHBM is waiting for us darling...LOL

natamars
03-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Monday: 1590 calories, 20 min stairclimbing
Vent: I am SICK and tired of gaining and losing the same lb..going on a month now. I have had it with this cold dreary weather. I am so done with getting my period every 3 weeks with horrible cramps, bloating, and exhaustion. DONE!!!

I know my lack of results is impacting my food and exercise choices. My calories have been up. I need to get them down and have a few extra low calorie days/week for the best results. I need to make changes.

zumba, I so hear your frustration and am glad you're getting in to the doctor and can hopefully get some answers! Keep us posted.

mboo, I hear you too! What is going on with us?

2fc, hope that everything works out so your surgery can go as planned..keep us posted.

junem, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Do the best you can and keep posting.

We sure are a happy bunch today!

Jennifer1966
03-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Everyone seems to be struggling. It's a hard journey we've decided to undertake, but I keep telling myself it's worth it. I'm losing so slowly right now, and I know it's my salt and carb intake, but I can't (won't) control myself. I am blaming the crappy weather.
I hope everyone has a happy, struggle-free Tuesday. (Keep your fingers crossed for my DS. He turns 16 today and is taking his driver's test!!)

mboo
03-26-2013, 09:38 AM
We must All Hang IN There,Giving Up Is Not An Option.....WE CAN DO THIS!!

Jennifer1966
03-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Thought I better post my weight for more accountability. If I want to lose 10 by May Day, I better keep disciplined!

CW: 180.8

LuvCats
03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
I second you, Mboo!

Accountability is hard but oh so important, isn't it, Jennifer? Hang in there!

Speaking of accountability, I did gain a pound this past week but I was knowingly Off plan. Was at my daughter's and we had birthday cake and brownies among other things. Not nearly the exercise that should have been, either. I'm home now and back OP though.

Plainsgirl
03-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Ugh. That is all I literally have to say for myself. I am up 1 pound up from last week and the reason?? Because the only thing on my goal list that I DID do is drink more water. So now...I am sitting on my couch dressed for the gym and ready to go. 1 thing before I go...I have decided that I am going to look at this May day goal in 2 1/2 pound increments. Sounds weird but I am looking at the 15+ lbs I need to lose and all it does is get me depressed. Im going to see how many times I can lose 2 1/2 lbs by May 1st....Whatever is gone is more than what is gone at this point. Off to the Y! :carrot:

Chellestime
03-26-2013, 10:00 PM
If you don't mind I'll join this challenge. A lil about me. I just got released to workout after 6 months of achillis tendon injury/surgery. Sitting around with a cast on for 3 months really depletes any mucsle tone plus shoveling food in puts blubber on. So here I am ready to get back into shape. (gained 50 lbs over the 6 months)

Goals

1. 1400 cal

2. 1 hr a day of exercise

3. NO BEER OR WINE

4. lose 12.5 lbs (from now)

236.4/223.5

Ideally I'd love to become a gym rat. I'd love to fall in love with exercise like some people do.:carrot:

Chelle

Plainsgirl
03-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Welcome Chellestime!! I am pretty new to this group as well but ive discovered that they are a pretty uplifting, encouraging group of ladies. And that I need to post more...:o I go into "hiding" when I don't do the things that I should (watching what I eat, exercise, getting on that scale when I know its going to be mean to me lol).....It all boils down to being honest with myself and putting myself out there and making some friends who wont judge me for finally getting a 30 min run and then going to the movies and getting a small popcorn when I told myself I didn't need it....sigh...and then waking up to a number on the "evil one" that I haven't seen in years...:( Anyway...enough about me. Im going to have to get a pad of paper and write down thing from others posts cause honestly...I cant keep you all straight! lol And I feel terrible about that!!! I seems to me that all of us are having a terrible time "getting in the groove". But we can do this ladies. What other choice do we have? Like someone on here always says (and I WILL remember...give me a day or two lol:dizzy: ) "Onward and Downward"! :carrot: :carrot:

Plainsgirl
03-27-2013, 10:01 AM
To keep myself honest:

SW: 146.2
CW: 148.4 :(
GW: 139.anything

Jennifer1966
03-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Welcome, Chellestime!

Plainsgirl: I know exactly what you mean about going into hiding. That's why I'm on this morning! Last night we took DS to the macaroni grill for dinner and cold stone for dessert for his 16th bday! While I would not weigh myself this am (too afraid), I did make myself get on here and show accountability for the bread, bellinis and frozen yogurt! Today we're taking him to Quaker Steak and Lube for wings, but I will be much better there. Grilled chicken and a light beer is what I'm planning.
Hope everyone has a great day!

natamars
03-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Tuesday: 1465 calories, 20 min stairclimbing, 40 min elliptical

Would REALLY like to be under 137 on the scale on Friday.

jen and plainsgirl, I also go into hiding. It's never a good thing when I'm offline. So with these challenges I am trying to make myself post every day whether it's good or bad. Sometimes it even makes me think twice about my food or exercise..do I really want to have to post that I ate that much or skipped my workout?

Chellestime, welcome! Great to hear that you've recovered and are ready to get back into this. I wouldn't say I'm in love with working out, but I definitely feel better when I do it. I've never regretted a workoout, but I've certainly regretted sitting on my butt!

Chellestime
03-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Worked the plan today. Woohoo

I have an addition to the scale so I weigh everyday. Weight today 234.8 lost another lbs.

Keep up the hard work everyone!!!:carrot:

Chelle

2FatCats
03-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Hope all are well!

Welcome Chelle! Hope you fall in love with exercise - I did! Check out the New Rules of Lifting series. I'm doing the latest one now - Supercharged. And boy is it ever!

I've been scarce due to surgery tomorrow am - that has my mind occupied. I may be absent for a few more days - depends on surgery. But not in hiding! Still on plan - 107 days straight!

Off to drink water now - no food/drink after midnight is rough. I keep a water glass by my bed and drink during the night!

Plainsgirl
03-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Good Morning Ladies! I'm sitting here listening to the birds sing as I get in my morning coffee :coffee: Oh what a beautiful sound! If it were just a few degrees warmer id be out there....LOL I plan on getting my workout in after I get home from work.

Jennifer-thanks for the reminder that we are all in this together and that we all make decisions we wish later wouldn't have happened. It definitely makes things better all around when I know I have to report it here...

...which wasn't GREAT this morning (down .4 lbs)...but lets face it...would probably have been a gain if I kept on being a turtle and hiding in my shell.

2FatCats-thats just the thing...this time a year and a half ago exercise to me was like breathing. I want...NEED...that back. I find all kinds of excuses to not do it instead of the finding excuses TO do it like it was....I WILL get there again...

I drank my water, got my cardio in, and made pretty darn good food choices. So I'm calling yesterday a success!

Have a great day ladies!! :carrot: :carrot:

natamars
03-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Wednesday: 1360 calories. Ran 1.6 mi, walked 1.6 mi

I wanted to do 3 miles running but I upped my speed too much(close to a 9 minute mile) and burned out.

Scale was down a bit this morning..137. It flashed 136.8 but then jumped. It gives me some hope, though, and I'll be careful with my food today and do a Zumba class and some stairs.

Good day, plainsgirl!

2fc, hope all goes well..post when you're up to it.

Chellestime, YAY on the lb!

Jennifer1966
03-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Good morning! Still cold here, but I'm trying to think warm thoughts. Eventually spring has to come, right?
I did ok yesterday- had a grilled chicken and fruit salad at Quaker Steak, and I used less than half the dressing. My downfall came late when I ate vanilla wafers with biscotti spread. I really just need to keep that spread out of my house-- it's like crack! DH loves it too, so I'm hoping he plows through it.
I don't think I'm ever going to hit the 170s--it's almost like a mental block or some weird self-sabotage. I should have been there last week. I need to get back on plan a little better and stay away from the processed carbs!

CW: 180.6

Sum38
03-28-2013, 06:11 PM
When I woke up this morning, I decided to approach my life/weighloss differently than before.

I am going to take one day, one meal, one snack and each step at a time. Concentrate on making good choices "now" and hopefully weightloss will follow.

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning, and it won't be pretty. I am sure I am flirting with my all time high number...not quite there yet, but if I don't change it is only a matter of months.

So the positive things for today

1) I walked 1h17min outdoors (nearly 5 miles).
2) I skipped all pop, izzys and fruit juice all day
3) I don't have any wine at the house; and I did not stop to get any...skipping my evening coctails
4) I had only tiny bit of cheese :D

What I will work on tomorrow
1) Skip bleau cheese dressing on my salad

Jennifer1966
03-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Sum38: I think that's a great approach. Your positives for today are excellent! Cocktails and carbohydrates are my kryponite.

Good day so far for me. Under calories and DH and I walked almost 4 miles. I'm going to try to eat dinner a little later to see if it curbs my nighttime cravings. I really need to completely stop eating after 7 or so because my choices are awful the later it gets!

Plainsgirl
03-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Was on plan 3/4 of the day, drank my water, but then it all went to he@@ in a hand basket lol. Worked 10 hrs, errands took longer than expected and dinner was out...sigh. I'm pretty sure I figured out my downfall: need to plan for dinner at home. No if's and's or but's...

So-my weight for this morning (and waking up to wicked cramps and Aunt flow. ugh)....is 147.8.

Down 6oz from wed (ha! lol) but still up 1.4lbs from where I started last week. I'm sure that whole pound is in my face and hands though. Gotta love Aunt flow....:mad:

natamars
03-29-2013, 09:30 AM
Thursday: 1225 calories, 35 min stairclimbing, 50 min Zumba class

Did well w/ food and exercise, but scale is still at 137 this morning. I hate that number.

plainsgirl, ugh! Hope you feel better and TOM takes that waterweight w/ him when he goes.

jennifer, ITA on the nighttime eating..hope this works for you.

sum, sounds like a great plan, and yay on facing the scale.

TGIF, all!

Jennifer1966
03-29-2013, 09:40 AM
I finally made the 170s today! Just barely, but at least I saw a 7. Hopefully this will keep me motivated to keep on plan and exercising!

CW: 179.8

With about 4.5 weeks left in this challenge, I think I can do it!! We all can:)

2FatCats
03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
No personals today - read them but can't sit much longer.
As for surgery yesterday: Boo Hiss. Apparently saline iv drips cause weight gain. To the tune of 5lbs this am. No big deal, tough since there is no way I ate a surplus of 17000+ calories yesterday! This am I logged what I did eat yesterday - less than 1000. Gotta love water retention!!
Surgery went well according to dr. He had to do a full D&C (said I had way too much lining in there) and hydrothermal ablation. Cramps after like I have never felt before. Good grief. Sadly we won't know for about 6 months if it 'took' or not. Hopefully I didn't go through that just to have a hysterectomy in 6 months.
I'm MUCH better today but taking it easy per hubs insistence. Sitting too long isn't an option right now - gonna go nap and let hubs pamper me. Really really really want some icecream as that has always been my 'comfort' food. Oh well, protein pudding it is. 5lbs is enough of a shock.
Hope everyone stays positive and strong and has a happy weekend!

Sum38
03-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Jennifer Nice job on your walk. Plus spending time with hubby is priceless! :woohoo: on your 170's! You go girl!!

Plainsgirl Nice to meet you! After 10 h workday, no wonder that you were not able to stay focused. :( Better day today!

SmartBlonde :welcome3: -- What do you use for journaling? Myfitnesspal.com is great for that!

2FatCats :hug: I hope you will have easy recovery time, and let that hubby of yours pamper you!!

Sum38
03-29-2013, 01:03 PM
So I survived my first day what comes to taking each moment at a time!!

I ventured on my scale and it was UGLY!! 165.6 :mad: TOM is already a week late and hopefully I have atleast 2 of these pounds of TOM weight.... I gained 5 pounds in March :eek:

Today is going well. I just finished a salad with 3oz of pork tenderloin for lunch and skipped my bleu cheese dressing!!

We joined a local gym a week ago and I will head out there this afternoon for some weight training. It will be a short session because I have no muscle strength what-so-ever...but gotta start!!

Sending :dust: to all!

firegirl441
03-29-2013, 04:30 PM
If you don't mind I'll join this challenge. A lil about me. I just got released to workout after 6 months of achillis tendon injury/surgery. Sitting around with a cast on for 3 months really depletes any mucsle tone plus shoveling food in puts blubber on. So here I am ready to get back into shape. (gained 50 lbs over the 6 months)

Goals

1. 1400 cal

2. 1 hr a day of exercise

3. NO BEER OR WINE

4. lose 12.5 lbs (from now)

236.4/223.5

Ideally I'd love to become a gym rat. I'd love to fall in love with exercise like some people do.:carrot:

Chelle

Glad to have you join in with us on this great challenge! Sorry to hear about your surgery and slow recovery time, but it is great that the doc has cleared you now. I hope you will take it easy as you start back so that you don't re-injure anything. your goals sound like good, reasonable ones. About #3, I hardly ever drink, but I find that if I have a drink then I want to eat appetizers and not the ones that are good for you.

firegirl441
03-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Sum38: Good day so far for me. Under calories and DH and I walked almost 4 miles. I'm going to try to eat dinner a little later to see if it curbs my nighttime cravings. I really need to completely stop eating after 7 or so because my choices are awful the later it gets! I am following Atkins plan so I bought some Atkins bars that I can have for a snack at night before retiring to bed. It makes me feel a lot better in the morning not waking up so weak and shaky. (I am diabetic.) Glad your day went so well and that you and DH enjoyed a terrific 4 mile walk

Smartblonde: Welcome! Glad you joined us. TOM will be gone before you know it and your body will feel sooooo much better.

Sum38: Welcome! I see TOM has hit you too. As the old saying goes, "This too will pass." Hopefully for your sake.

Jennifer: Congrats on you reaching the 170's. I can't wait to join you there. It has been 2008 since I was there. That is my next goal.

natmars: WOW! You are doing some awesome exercising. Keep up the good work.

Plainsgirl: Those 10 hour days are rough! I feel for you. I used to work retail back in my younger days and we worked those long hours around Christmas time. Maybe life will get easier for you soon.

I have had no vomiting this week. I think it is due to me being conscious to eat something every 3-4 waking hours. It may not be a lot, but I keep something in my belly. At least, I want to think I solved the problem. I got my finders crossed. We traveled across the state to help our neighbors move some of their belongings back to their home near us. We went to a Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet. I think I did real good. I ate a stir-fry of beef, shrimp, onion, green pepper and broccoli cooked with only a little butter. I had a small salad, maybe 1/2 cup raw veggies with a little ranch dressing, 2 tbs stuffed crab, some boiled shrimp, and 1 tbsp crab salad. I had not eaten any veggies all day as I saved them for this meal. The only thing not on Atkins was the crab salad and stuffed crab. I drank water with lemon. Hopefully I am still in ketosis. I am really proud that I stayed away from all breaded, fried foods, all foods with sauce on them, and the pasta and other salads and desserts. I pray I did good.

newleaf123
03-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone. I'm sitting at the airport on my way home from 2 weeks in Chile. I hiked a total of 80 miles over 6 days. The distances ranged from 8 - 18 miles per day. There was a lot of food and wine though, so I'm guessing that I will be about break-even when I get on the scale tomorrow morning.

I'm ready to rock this challenge; my weight goal is 152.5 and I have no clue where I am right now. It's 24 hours of travel to return home; hopefully not too much bloat!

Sum38
03-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Heidi Oh, I m so jealous, I hear Chile is just gorgeous! Have a safe trip home!

firegirl441 Nice job sticking to your plan at the buffet!

Sum38
03-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Morning :sunny:

I had another great day! It really helps when I focus on each moment at a time!

I ate well; I am not logging and counting right now, just trying to do my best what comes to making good and healthy choices. If I had to guess I consumed around 1500 cal. Enough not to feel hungry but also I was not stuffed.

I went to the gym and used the weight machines for 45 minutes straight. I literally went from one to another with no rest break. I alternated arms and legs. I can feel those muscles this morning :D

I also walked 4.6 miles, it was beautiful outside and it truly lifted my spirits.

SW 165.6
CW 163.8

Have a wonderful day ladies!!

Jennifer1966
03-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone! I can't wait to hear more about your trip, Heidi.

DH and I walked over 5 miles yesterday, but we stopped for lunch and drinks then walked to a wine tasting in the evening. We had a great time, but I was at 180 this am. Hopefully I'll be back in the 170s tomorrow!

2FatCats
03-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Morning All,

Can't wait to hear Heidi's trip details! And pics, too!!

Way to go, Sum! Attitude is everything, I think! And yours is fantastico!

Sun is shining and I feel almost human again. The scale has decided to jump up another 2lbs though. Unbelievable. Dang IVs...I must have been in dire need of water! Which is really odd since all I drink is water and usually at least 140oz daily. I still feel all swollen and tummy-bloated so I dug out the tape measure. Strangely my weight is up 6lbs after surgery but my measurements haven't budged. So next I had to try on my pants/shorts and they still fit. Really don't care so long as my 8s fit! I am ready to hit the weights on Monday but hubs says no way! Looks like I'm taking the week off.

Going to try to make it to the movies today and see how that goes. Not sure how the car ride will be....hoepfully no bumps!

firegirl441
03-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Sun38: Great job exercising and eating in a healthy manner.

Heidi: I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Jennifer: Congrats on spending such quality time with your DH!

2fatcats:I agree with your hubby about you waiting a week to do weights again. Give yourself time to heal back up or the big "H" could come quicker than you think.

We are on our way home from across the state of GA to pick up a truck, tiller and scooter for our neighbors. He didn't have any way to get it back home.

Jennifer1966
03-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Sum and Nat: Good job to both of you on the exercise and eating!

2fatcats: I'm glad you're doing so well after surgery, but your DH is probably right. Take it easy for a week!

Firegirl: What a nice thing to do for your neighbor!

Chellestime: I'm glad you can work out again after the Achilles injury. Those can be tough!

Today has been pretty good except the Belgian waffle (with nutella and speculoos) I ate for brunch! I've realized over the last couple of weeks that I cannot do this diet unless I can eat how I want to eat for life. So I've been indulging when it's worthwhile. Afterwards though DH and I walked another 4 miles. I'm thinking we are going to try to do the walking 4-5 times a week. It's just so nice to unwind and have 35-45 minutes of uninterrupted conversation! So far I'm doing pretty well on not eating in the evenings too. Hopefully it continues.

Sum38
03-31-2013, 09:50 AM
**TMI** alert. If you are passionate about Easter then please don't read the next paragraph!!!!

I am not a religious person, therefore I don't celebrate Easter. I am super annoyed that my gym is closed today. :(

I am suffering from major DOMS, yesterday was was really bad. Especially my legs. That is what I get when I stop exercising (walking) for 3 months and my body has not lifted anything heavy in years :D

I had another great day. No pop, juice, wine etc. I walked 4.7 miles. At first I was going pretty slow because of sore legs but they loosened up a bit and I think because of my walk, DOMS is bit better today.

SW 165.6
CW 164.4

Have a wonderful day and to those who celebrate Easter, have a happy Easter.

natamars
03-31-2013, 10:06 AM
Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

Been hanging in there the last few days. Stayed within calories Friday but didn't exercise. Yesterday I had already planned to be off plan as we went to Brooklyn to hear my mom sing in church. It was exacerbated by the fact that I work up at 3AM yesterday with one of the worst headaches I've ever had, along with nausea. It took many hours, ice packs, and meds before I was up and around. I ended up having a bagel with cream cheese for b'fast, then we went to Nathan's in Coney island for dinner, where I had a grilled chicken sandwich and some fries. Oddly, we went to a bakery afterward and I was still so full that nothing appealed to me(shocking!), so I never even had dessert. But no exercise, although we were out walking quite a bit.

Today I'm going to eat some yummy things for dinner but will count them..my carbs will be higher than usual, though, so I'll stay off the scale for a few.

Sum, I had to google DOMS..interesting! Great job on the walk and weight drop..enjoy your day.

Jennifer, love your philosophy!

2fc, glad you're doing better. That weight will all flush out..don't sweat it.

fire, glad your stomach is better..hope you continue to do well.

newleaf, can't wait to hear about your trip!

smartblonde, I thought I was the only one left who still logged food in a notebook! Welcome and good luck with the challenge!

firegirl441
03-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

DH and I got up and went to sunrise services at church. We usually don't go back after that, but DD wants to go and take the grandbabies all dressed up in their Easter clothes, so DH and I will take them. We go to my mom's for lunch at 1:30. I will only eat things on plan. I am taking things that meet that criteria in case she doesn't have anything. I won't exercise today either. Hope everyone has a great day,

Jennifer1966
03-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Happy Easter to those who celebrate and a Happy (hopefully beautiful) Sunday to everyone!

I'm relaxing with my coffee waiting for the teenagers to crawl out of their beds. DH is working, so I'm cooking (gasp) and taking dinner to my parents this afternoon. I'm going to try not to overeat, but I know my salt and carb intake will be up because I'm making a ham, mashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes. I'm going to make the sweet potatoes really diet-friendly and try to fill at least a quarter of my plate with steamed broccoli! If its not raining, DH and I will walk this evening.

CW: 179.2
GW: 173 (I'm going to do this!!)

Zumbachica
03-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Good morninga all and Happy Easter to those that celebrate. I haven't been around for a while. It has been a crazy week with the kids with their Dad , I ate out a lot and really just spent a lot of time being depressed. I miss them when they aren't around.

I definitely have a cyst on my ovary...the doctor said it may be pushing into my bladder which is why I feel so uncomfortable. It is like a dull ache and I feel it most when my bladder is full. He doesn't seem to think it is anything we need to take action on right now and hopefully it will go away on its own..I am getting another ultrasound to make sure. I am extremely bloated. I also had blood work done to check thyroid. Didn't get results back yet on that.....

Out of desperation I have decided to do Isogenix for a month just to get a jump start on weight loss. Nothing else I have done is working and I am so scared that this weight thing is going to continue to escalate. yes, I know its expensive and some kind of pyramid scheme but it is working for a friend of mine right now that is using it. I will be starting it tomorrow. Wish me luck ladies!!

As far as my workouts go I am going to start using kettlebells at home and now that the weather is nicer maybe walk or even run if I feel brave enough.....I am not loving Cross Fit..I decided it really isn't for me. I'm glad that I tried it but I don't see myself doing it after my sessions are up. All it did was make me feel like a failure and a misfit. So now I'm in search of something else!!!

I hope everyone has a good day today.....

newleaf123
03-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi, all. Up 3.5 pounds from my trip! Ugh. But I'm not down about it; I feel very engaged food wise. Cooked up a vegetarian frenzy this morning: white bean cumin lemon salad, roasted red pepper spread, hard boiled eggs, cranberry bread. I guess I missed cooking while away! Bringing the bean salad and cranberry bread to Easter dinner.

Busy with laundry and general cleanup. Will post about my trip next week. Had a great time!

firegirl441
04-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Zumbachica: I am a newbie here since you have been out. Sorry to hear about the cyst on your ovary. I pray it will go away without surgical intervention. I had bladder surgery last year, it was not successful, so I am having more surgery on April 23rd. Best wishes for success with the program you are starting in the morning.

I can't wait to hear about your trip!

I ate so-so at my mom's Easter dinner. Mostly meats with some midget dill pickles, a salad made with lettuce we grew in our greenhouse, celery and cherry tomatoes with a dip of ranch dressing, bacon and cheese. I passed all 3 desserts. Tonight I ate leftover meats and 3 cherry tomatoes with a tbsp of her dip. I drank over 60 ounces of water so far and plan to guzzle one more bottle before bed. I plan to exercise in the pool tomorrow.

Plainsgirl
04-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Made it through the weekend with TOM, anniversary dinner, birthday dinner (bfs moms' bday is today) and am "only" 2 lbs up from where I started a week and a half ago....sigh... On the PLUS side....with the beautiful weather here this weekend I got a 2 mile run OUTSIDE both sat morn and yesterday. I have forgotten how much more of a workout it is outside than on the "dreadmill" lol. I will go back here and get personals in...hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

SW 146.4
CW 148.4
GW 139.9 (lol)

its time to get serious!!

Zumbachica
04-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Good morning all...well Iso gen ix almost killed me this morning..had a wierd niacin reaction to some accelerator junk that I took...(not the shake)...so here I am with burning face and arms and neck that is all red and painful and my coach sends me some blurb that says this is normal and actually a GOOD THING and to think about how it results in weight loss and cleansing and I lost it. I told her that noone was going to tell me this was a good thing and that insulted me on forty levels. Would you let your kid get all swollen and red and tell them its a good thing? But you can tell me that because you want me to keep taking this crappola so you can keep making money off of me. Do I look like fell off the turnip truck yesterday?

So..today's goal is to drink the shake and hopefully not die from it, (I paid for all this stuff, I need to make it work), throwing the "excellerator" in the garbage and get my toning class in. I gained even more weight thanks to Easter....but it was a nice day and dinner and I don't regret it. I really feel like I"m going to get this weight off...maybe the warmer days are giving me motivation, or maybe I'm just delirious from the isa genix poisoning.....have a good day all...

LuvCats
04-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Good morning all...well Iso gen ix almost killed me this morning..had a wierd niacin reaction to some accelerator junk that I took...(not the shake)...so here I am with burning face and arms and neck that is all red and painful and my coach sends me some blurb that says this is normal and actually a GOOD THING and to think about how it results in weight loss and cleansing and I lost it. I told her that noone was going to tell me this was a good thing and that insulted me on forty levels. Would you let your kid get all swollen and red and tell them its a good thing? But you can tell me that because you want me to keep taking this crappola so you can keep making money off of me. Do I look like fell off the turnip truck yesterday?

So..today's goal is to drink the shake and hopefully not die from it, (I paid for all this stuff, I need to make it work), throwing the "excellerator" in the garbage and get my toning class in. I gained even more weight thanks to Easter....but it was a nice day and dinner and I don't regret it. I really feel like I"m going to get this weight off...maybe the warmer days are giving me motivation, or maybe I'm just delirious from the isa genix poisoning.....have a good day all...

Yikes Zumba I wouldn't take it again either! That is crazy!

I hear you on gaining with Easter. Won't weigh until tomorrow but I have no doubt I did.... but again I agree with you on not regretting it either. Now I am back on track and am going to stay that way for several weeks!

Sorry I am not trying to respond to the rest of the posts. Time to get ready to go volunteer today. Have a great day everyone! Keep up (or ha ha in my case get back to) the good work!

firegirl441
04-01-2013, 12:08 PM

You can't get a refund on that stuff if you are unable to safely take it? Anything I have ever purchased has a guarantee with it. Hope yours does too so you are not out that money! There are plenty of other programs you could try if you need that boost in the beginning. I did medifast once for a jump start.

Sum38
04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Yet another successful mindful eating day behind :woohoo: Scale is down 2 pounds since I shifted my attitude :yay:

I walked 4.9 miles, but I was not able to hit the gym yesterday. -- I am hoping to go later on today -- I volunteer at the Finnish center each Monday for 6-8 hours, I am actually at the place right now :) -- so it remains to be seen how tired I am at the end of the day... BUT I will do my best what comes to motivating myself to go... I am doing so well with food and exercise, I want to continue this awesome streak!!

SW 165.6
CW 163.4

junem
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi all.

I don't seem to be able to check in here too often. I have a lot of family stuff going on and have been making trips to Chicago and St Louis. I am going back to St. Louis later this week. My 89 y.o. MIL has been put on hospice and DH is only coping so-so.

On a more upbeat note. My weight seems to be moving in the right direction again. The weather is improving, so i have began to walk and run outside again. One month left till May day and ~6 lbs to lose. Totally do-able with exercise and sensible eating (I hope).

Heidi. Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Natamars, Luvcats, Sum, everybody, keep up the good work. Plainsgirl, I will wave to you as I drive down I-55.

newleaf123
04-01-2013, 01:37 PM
159.7 this morning; was surprised to be down, given the Easter dinner yesterday. I figure I'm getting the bounce from losing the airplane bloat.

In the end, I seem to have come back the same size, except slightly smaller thighs, from my trip. We'll see where the scale settles out. I feel like I still have 15 pounds left to lose so will be moving my goal weight down...

newleaf123
04-01-2013, 05:18 PM
OK, Wow! My hiking pants are finally washed and dried, and I tried them on. Sooooo much looser in the thigh than before the trip -- very rewarding! Seems to be the only place that I lost, but I'll take it!

Jennifer1966
04-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Argh, I'm up 2 pounds today, which is crazy for non TOM! I'm hoping its salt from all the ham I ate. (I made a spiral ham,which I love, so I ate a ton of it!). Hope everyone is doing well!

mboo
04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
AmAlso Up TOday,I AmBackOn Track Though..HopiNgA Lot Is DUe To My Sodium Intake.

Solace
04-01-2013, 07:44 PM
I only joined the site today but I need a small goal to get me started. It sounds strange but I'm not going to weigh myself until May 1st, I'm just going to get on with things. My goals for the starting month are

1. Walk 3 miles a day starting tomorrow (that's one way either to or from work).
2. No wine for April! (should cut my calories down considerably. Not usually a big drinker but been drinking too much since my miscarriage as I'm a bit down. Not good!)

That should do for now.

Sum38
04-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Zumba Ouch!!! I hope you will find some relief for the cyst!! Sounds like that your hormones are messed up; good idea about checking your thyroid. Mine has been underactive for nearly 19 years and I feel bad each time my meds are off.

Solace Welcome!! I read your story and I am so sorry about all the heart ache you have had! :hug: -- You will like it here, loads of support!!

mboo Water, water and more water!!

Jennifer1966 See above :D I love ham too!! It is one of my weaknesses (amongst many others :lol3:)

newleaf123 Nice job about your toning!! It feels great when clothes feel loose. -- I am at the opposite end of spectrum right now; I squeezed into my pants this morning, but this will be temporary :) I can't wait to have those pants I wore today to fall off me :)

junem
I am very sorry about your MIL!! Remember to take care of yourself during these difficult times.

LuvCats Good will power you have! I can't stay away from that darn scale... Where do you volunteer at?

Plainsgirl I walk outside, in the woods with hills etc and it definitely is more work than indoor walking. Those 2 pounds will drop off in a few days, just water :)

firegirl441 Sounds like you did REALLY well yesterday food wise. :woohoo:

If I missed anyone, sorry and :wave: to you!!

I went to the gym and did my weight machine routine for 45 min :carrot: I was determined not to skip; I was tired when I got home but I had made a promise to myself to go, so I adhered to it! And now I am super happy. -- Food wise my day was off; calories are super low. I slept in too late this morning and rushed out without breakfast; bought some Starbucks coffee. The Finnish Center usually has lunch for all volunteers on Mondays but the lady who makes it, got sick. I was uber busy with month end paperwork to leave and get lunch, therefore I was forced to skip lunch as well. I had a small snack before my gym workout and now I just had sushi for dinner. Somehow today is not a "hungry day"...I am sure I will make up for it tomorrow :D -- Well I have plenty of reserves; I am sure I am not starving to death :lol3:

Now I am going to read a bit and just chill out....this is the time when I usually had my evening cocktail, kinda miss it. -- I think I will take a month of April off from all alcohol, like Solace. Anyone else willing to join us?

Have a wonderful evening my friends! :grouphug:

firegirl441
04-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Solace: Welcome! Glad you came over to join in our fun here. I am sorry about your loss. Your plans sound very reasonable and I think you will breeze through this month.

I did OK with my eating today. Stayed on Atkins program. I had too many Atkins products as I was too busy to cook. I did stay under 20 carbs though. I even saved enough to enjoy a package of their peanut butter cups. They taste just like Reese's. I found a new love here. I will have to limit my intake of them though. I could become addicted! Just like you, Sum38, I promised myself I would go to the pool today for an hour of exercise. My day was so busy but I did make it. Funny I started to talking to another exerciser and had jogged in place for 35 minutes...the most ever. I also did a little arm exercises and my stomach crunches. DH surprised me by going to Savannah and getting us a set of doctor office scales. He said he was tired of my buying cra**y scales and then returning them because they never weigh the same. The set I just bought varied by up to 10 lbs a day. I felt good if we have this set zeroed in correctly. That will mean I have lost those 3 lbs I had gained at weigh-in last week. I have my fingers crossed that they will be in the same ballpark as my pain management doc tomorrow when I have my appointment and then that they are true with MRC scales on Thursday. Our lettuce is great and the chickens are laying more eggs. DH goes to a market at the college that is not too far away from us for their first farmer's market tomorrow while I go to the doctor. It is the first time he has done a market by himself. I plan to stay on plan tomorrow even though my mom and grandma will want to eat at this seafood place near my docs office which specializes in fried foods. They do offer a salad and grilled shrimp so I plan on having that. I also plan on going to the pool tomorrow night if I am physically able after my 3-4 hour ride to and from the doctor. Hope all of you have a Happy and Healthy Tuesday.

Blessings,

newleaf123
04-02-2013, 09:41 AM
fireGirl a few years back we spent the money and got a dr's office digital scale, too. My DH was so sick of me complaining that our scale was up, was down, was unreliable. It cost a lot of money, but 5 years later it is still great and we haven't complained once. It's nice to know that the number is the number, and it always matches the dr's number.

LuvCats
04-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Welcome Solace!

WTG june and Newleaf for losing this week!

Good job getting to the gym firegirl!

My sympathies are with you Jennifer and mboo. I've unfortunately joined you... up 1# exactly for the 2nd week in a row. Sadly deserved though. DH was home plus Easter with cake and candy. No more! Took DH to the airport and am going back OP!

Sum: Ha ha as far as staying away from the scale it isn't willpower as much as it stays the depression of up 1 down 1 up 1 down 1... at least that is always what it seems to be for me.

I volunteer at a local hospital (well technically it is a medical center but a smaller one). I'm at the front desk by admitting so I do things like escorting patients to surgery, taking trays to rooms when they've missed the main meal delivery for some reason, and help with discharges. Luckily it is a lot of walking most days so I get my exercise in. If I could do it 3x a week instead of 1 I'd really be doing well, lol.

Ha ha I'm on board with the no alcohol for the month... but then I am every month cause it tastes yucky! :P

Keep it up everyone! Less than a month to go! :carrot:

Sum38
04-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Good Afternoon lovely ladies :sunny:

I just finished my 5.1 mile walk and I feel fantastic!! Amazing, I have been back to walking now about a week and my speed has increased already. I felt so winded last week and now I am actually moving at ease with nice fast pace. -- I walked 1000 miles last year. I don't think I can reach that goal this year because I basically took the first 3 months off :( -- I set a goal to walk min 60 miles this month, 80 would be nice and 100 superb! Now that weather is getting nicer, I am loving being outdoors.

I was surfing the 3FC last night and I learned that I am doing "Intuitive Eating". Anyone else following that sort of an eating plan? It seems to be working for me.

Have a fab and fit day everyone!

SW 165.6
CW 163

newleaf123
04-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Sum38 I think what I do is along the lines of intuitive eating. Basically I try to be mindful of what I eat, and don't count any calories, carbs, macros, what-have-yous. I've lost 50 pounds this way, so it's working for me! Glad to hear that you're getting back into the walking groove.

I went to the gym for the first time today in a long time, probably a month. Felt great to be back!

Zumbachica
04-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Hello SUM..congratulations on your walking. I need to do the same, but i"m still waiting for it to get a tad bit warmer. Eventually I would like to turn that walk into a run but I don't want to be too ambitious. I never liked running so I don't think that is anything about it I would like now, not unless running has changed any time in the past ten years! As far as the intuitive eating that is how I hope to eat once my cleanse is over. It makes sense and it is how I ate when I was skinny. I didn't obsess over everything that went into my mouth.

Firegirl..congratulations on your new scale. A good scale is so important, what good is it if it is inaccurate. I have a great digital one now and I pray nothing happens to it

Newleaf mazel on the loose hiking pants..isnt that the greatest feeling??? I love it when you try on things and they are loose..or too big!! I haven't felt that in a long time...

2FatCats
04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Afternoon Ladies! I missed yesterday - hubs was still home taking care of me. Acually glad he finally went back to work today!

My week: Dang surgery weight. Enough said. *sigh*

Here is my official weight/bf%/check-in:

1. Continue: Phase III of NRoL Supercharged (weights 3x week) Recuperative Hiatus. Yesterday I called the Doc and he said TWO week break! ACK!

2. Continue: Eat on Plan - ~1600 calories, 155g protein, 155g carb, 40g fat Success
2a. Add 150 calories each week: Due to 2 week exercise restrictions - gotta push it all back and start adding 22Apr

3. Continue: Drop body fat below 21% while maintaining lean mass of 117-118lb. It should take about 5lbs of fat loss to put me there. Scale weight doesn't matter - it all depends on how the hips/belly fare under the tape measure. Belly/lower ab is swollen, tender and slightly bloated. So the tape measure sure isn't cooperating!

4. Add: 30 minute spin bike sessions 2x week. Postponed until 15Apr start.

01Apr 156.2 Post surgery swelling.
08Apr
15Apr
22Apr
29Apr
01May:

Zumbachica
04-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Hi everybody

Well so glad that niacin flush is over, I really thought I was going to die yesterday or spontaneously combust! I decided to keep on with the program, just not take that junky part of the program and I want my money back or something else instead of that garbage.

I lost 1.8 lbs yesterday , all water and bloat which I was carrying around for a week or more...all I did was urinate yesterday (sorry to be so graphic) so I knew that the scale was going to go down. Still, I need to see some real weight come off now. I felt so frumpy at the gym today when I saw myself in the mirror. bleh..gross....

Sum I plan on doing intermittent eating after my cleanse is over. That is how I ate when I was skinny. I think dieting and obsessing has made me even fatter..and then being told that i HAD to eat every few hours..what a crock. I feel like we need to be more sensitive to our bodies and listen to our signals for hunger, and if we're not hungry then don't eat!! Why does it sound so simple yet its so hard to do???!!

I'm taking out my kettle bells tonight. My zumba workouit this morning was not enough. I am not going back to cross fit. I decided that it just wasn't for me......maybe i'll try it again in the future but right now my head isn't really wrapped around it .....and I didn't like the people or the vibe in the room.......seeing the coach on her cell phone texting during our WOD kind of irritated me too....since I"m in the industry I kind of expect more from the person in charge there to help people.

2FatCats
04-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Zumba:

I have/had a very small cyst on my right ovary. Doc seemed unconcerned (unless it grows) and said they will just rupture on their own... I have so many other girlie issues... one of is that I have PCOS and probably have my entire life, just didn't know until a few months ago. Apparently that makes you insulin resistant, too. I never knew....
Hopefully the surgeries on Thursday fixed some of my female nonsense!
Good Luck!

Zumbachica
04-02-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm waiting for mine to go away on its own..thank goodness i feel better....hopefully it's gone ....in my twenties I had a big one....had to have laparoscopy.....not fun!

Hope you're back to snuff soon!

Sum38
04-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Has anyone tried Big Mac in a bowl? Since going gluten free a few years back, I have craved Big Mac on and off...I remembered some ladies talking about this dish. I had some left over ground beef and I did not know what to use it for, so I decided to try it for dinner...boy it tastes just like Big Mac. 416 calories :woohoo:

Val69
04-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I just joined today, too, and hope to continue and succeed with treadmill daily. I feel better already and slept better last 2 nights since walking on TM twice daily for last 5 days. My goal for apr is lose 10 lbs by watching carbs and cals. Biggest obstacle is ice cream; we are somewhat addicted :)

Sum38
04-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Hi Val and :welcome3:

firegirl441
04-02-2013, 07:14 PM
2fatcats: Sorry that you continue to get negative reports about your girlie issues. I do hope the surgery last week will solve most of if not all your problems.

Val69: Welcome to our little group here and to the entire forum. Your goals sound very realistic and I am confident you will reach them by May 1st. I don't know what plan you are using, but if you can have greek yogurt, I saw in Walmart where they are now stocking frozen greek yogurt. If you find some near you, maybe this can satisfy your ice cream cravings. Keep up the great exercise you are doing on the TM.

Val69
04-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Thx, ladies.. If I can get my husband to quit bringing me 'treats' I'll be okay. I haven't bought any Haagen Daz in weeks, but he sees this as an opportunity to bring home unbelievably beautiful desserts from his club, very hard to resist. I did tell him last night that he would have to start keeping the junk in the little fridge in his workshop.. He said he didn't know I was serious so he'll stop. He's tall and lanky, typical tennis player body, but even he doesn't need that sugar.

natamars
04-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Struggling today. Ate way too many calories earlier in the day, then felt completely stuffed and had no desire for food for several hours, but just ate another 400. Done eating. Will head to the gym in a few to get some cardio. Really losing steam the last few and hoping this turns around soon. I just picked up some new dresses that I really need to drop another 5-10 before I can wear.

Will check in w/ personals later.

newleaf123
04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Finally below my pre-trip weight, yay!! Now to keep up the momentum... In an effort to cement my commitment to trying yoga for 6 weeks upon my return, I bought some yoga pants before the trip. I finally tried them on last night and I suppose they look alright; not really I look I go for, though! My DH gave it the thumbs up, and I trust his judgement.

Yoga starts on Friday.

Sum38
04-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Glorious Morning to you :sunny:

It is going to be a sunny but chilly day here in MI.

Plan for today:

I am volunteering at the Finnish center till 3 pm. I am packing my own lunch for today;
salad with tomatoes, bleu cheese, egg, peppers, onions and grilled chicken. 470 cal
Dinner will be another Big Mac in a bowl since I have some browned ground beef left 410 cal
And snacks are TBD, when ever I get hungry.

No time for a long walk today, but I will do strength training at the gym for 45 minutes after my volunteer work.

Shooting for total calories of 1300-1400 cal.

SW 165.6
CW 163.6

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy day!

natamars
04-03-2013, 10:20 AM
I am so grateful for this site. When I was struggling yesterday I came here and read and was able to stop the spiral, so to the gym, and stop eating.

sum, great plan!

newleaf, that's fantastic!

val, welcome! I'm with you on the ice cream. I have it in the house because of DH and DS..I find if I keep a single-serving low-calories treat to have instead I can resist...

zumba, I am so proud of you for figuring out what works and doesn't work and never giving up!

2fc, keep listening to your doctor and doing what you're doing..you'll be great.

Sum38
04-03-2013, 10:31 AM
((natamars)) :hug:

2FatCats
04-03-2013, 11:13 AM
First: Val69 :welcome2: Keep on walking!

Down again this am (154). I guess the hospital weight is leaving! Only 3 more lbs to be back to pre-surgery weight! I like to think the number on the scale doesn't matter but it sure did hurt to see 158 when I came home the same day of surgery!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the get wells - I thought I had big britches and cleaned yesterday. Not the best idea. Spent all evening on the couch. That's the hardest part - continuing to rest when I feel better. It's SO BORING! I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to Lowes and get some gardening supplies. But I won't. I get the itch as soon as the sun starts shining in April. A few of my seedlings have graduated to 'big girl' pots and have taken over the upstairs tub (clawfoot separate from shower). Not likely I'll be soaking anytime soon. *sigh*

To the icecream addicts (Val, Nat, myself included):

Made this recipe yesterday - 2 servings
93g frozen shredded carrots
25g allnatural low sodium peanut butter
40g vanilla whey protein powder
4T milk
dash cinnamon
dash all spice
splash vanilla
per serving:
Calories:173
Protein: 19g
Carbs: 11g
Fat: 7g
Sodium: 64mg
Sugars: 5g
Fiber: 3g

Chopped it all together with immersion blender bowl attachment- voila'. Ice cream consistency and kinda tasted like carrot cake. Fat is a little high - pb - but that doesn't bother me. The ratio of pro/carb/fat helps slow down digestion. Notice it has 3g of fiber...in icecream! We ate it immediately - not sure how it would freeze.

I'm trying it today with frozen pumpkin (maybe sweet potato)and pumpkin pie flavored protein powder. Yummy!
I have more recipes, too. Banana, strawberry, Choco/bana, etc.

Natamars: :hug: We're all in this together!

Zumba Hopefully the 'going away on it's own' thing is quiet and uneventful!

Heidi WooHoo on the scale # - never doubted you could do it for even a millisecond. I could never trust my hubs clothing judgement . . . see an earlier post about dental floss undies.... I am trying to get the lady across the street to do yoga with me on Fridays. I may just have to start going by myself. It's just more fun with a buddy.

Sum Cold and clear here today, too. Hoping to takes dogs for a walk tomorrow - supposed to be sunny and 49! That's much better than the snow yesterday...

Fire I found (and bought) a mix of greek yogurt/cream cheese at Wally last week! Who knew? It's got the bite of yogurt tamed down by cream cheese. Not bad. Also found uncured low sodium bacon at Wegman's. 3 slices and only 165mg!! I don't eat it - the sight of it creeps me out. When you try to peel it off the pack and it's all stretchy and stuff *shudders* but my husband was THRILLED!

Just heard FedEx guy drop my vitamins off - hope everyone has a great day!

trukmek
04-03-2013, 12:52 PM
2FC...thanks for the recipe...sounds delicious and has low sodium content so it's a good one for me.

I've read the rest of the posts, but don't have time to reply. Sorry about that.

Anyway, just wanted to say that you are all doing good, so pat yourselves on the back for me. Keep up the good work!

Kristy

KarenLee
04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Hello everyone! I am "new" to posting. (I used to be active four years ago when I was struggling with compulsive over-eating.) You all seem like a supportive group! I would love to join in! My goal is to exercise more and eat less and eat more veggies and less junk. I would love to be down 10+ lbs by June 1.

I am currently on Spring Break with my kids but I am trying to still workout and make good food choices. I hope to really kick it down once we get home.

Zumbachica
04-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Sum I want that Big Mac recipe!!!

I'm doing cleanse today..so far not so bad......

Down a bit more again even though I cheated on ******** last night..

Already feeling a bit debloated...yayyyyy..

Personals later,,,

Zumbachica
04-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Apparantlywecare not allowed to use the word I sa gen ix....

Hmmmmmm.....

Sum38
04-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Zumba My Big Mac bowl;

I fill bottom of the bowl with coleslaw mix (no dressing), add 3 oz groundbeef, 2 table spoons of thousand island salad dressing, chopped onions and 3 spears of pickles chopped up. -- I usually warm up the ground beef.

-------------------

I had a short day at the Finnish center and I got home around 1 pm; I just hit the gym and did my 45 minute circuit training, AND because I have all this extra time today, I am about to go and do a 5 mile walk; BONUS!! :woohoo:

I must admit; I HATE those weight machines. UGH! But I know it will do my body good...will I ever learn to love weight lifting?? -- I work hard when I lift. Maybe I will learn to love it when I start seeing results???

Zumba Our new house is basically across the street from Crossfit...I think of you each time I pass it :D I think I would hate it too.

Off to my walk! TaTa for now!

newleaf123
04-03-2013, 04:41 PM
2fatCats I hope you are taking it easy today... you will be up to your old bag of tricks before you know it. Take it from the surgery pro: follow all doctor's instructions! Even though you feel great, there's all sorts of healing going on, on the inside. Rest. You're in this for the long haul. An extra week won't matter.

Sum38 great job on the double work out!!

I took the New Rules of Lifting for Women book out of the library today. I'd like to have a more organized approach, than the hit or miss I'm doing now. Looking forward to perusing it tonight.

Jennifer1966
04-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi Everyone! I've been so busy the last couple of days that I haven't been on, but my Easter ham weight seems to be finally coming off. I was at 179.8 today and will hopefully be down more tomorrow. I am working now but hopflully DH and I will get our long walk in when I finally get home.

I don't have time for many personals, but walcome Val and Karen!

firegirl441
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
I am sitting in the er with daughter n grandson. he was outside with us and pushed over a big broom leaning next to the greenhouse and he fell on it n busted his head. he is 15 months old. I have eaten on plan today n worked out in the pool for over an hour. there were 2 older ladies there talking to me n the time got away from me n I jogged 40 minutes. my legs can really tell it.

Great job on the double workout sum38

Enid
04-04-2013, 02:13 AM
I started a new job, which I really like but it's still stressful. Today I only had smoothies for breakfast and lunch, and was starving when I got home - ate two huge sandwiches. If I can just maintain a steady diet, I know the lbs would come off.... but that's the challenge I guess! The other problem is that I'm so tired at the end of the day, there is no energy left over for exercise.

Jennifer1966
04-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi, Enid. I have those same issues! I could almost not eat during the day, but then I want to eat everything in the evenings! I'm just forcing myself to not eat after 6:30-7 pm. I also try to get protein during the day. On the exercise front, I had started Couch to 5 K, but it was just too much for my life right now. So, I've started walking. DH and I are walking 3.5 to 4.5 miles 5 times a week, which even though I struggle to get started many evenings, once I get going, I am always glad I did! Believe it or not, I have more energy when I'm finished than when I start, and I sleep better.

newleaf123
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Welcome to all the new people! So sorry to read about your struggles... Hopefully they have given you the strength to draw upon as you tackle this challenge...

So thrilled to see 155 on the scale this morning. My height fluctuates between 5'6 and 5'7 (well, really 5'6.5), depending on who is doing the measuring. So... regardless of the height, today finally I am out of the "overweight" BMI range. Tickled!

Sum38
04-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Thinking of you2FatCats today and hoping you are healing well! (And not going stir crazy :D)

:woohoo: Heidi That is awesome!!!

I have followed IE now for a week plus taken a break from all "bad" liquids. Scale is down by 3 pounds :eek: -- It is nice to get handsomely rewarded for great efforts. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in day, let's hope this 3 pound loss sticks.

Eventho I follow "IE" I plan my meals ahead. But I only eat when I am hungry not when clock says I should eat. I am learning that I am eating around 1400 cal per day and it keeps me satisfied and loosing.

SW 165.6
CW 162.6

Sum38
04-04-2013, 09:41 AM
firegirl441 I hope your grandbaby is OK!!

natamars
04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Wednesday: 1180 calories, 25 min walk/jog. Did MUCH better w/ food yesterday. Got in the walk/jog during DS's baseball practice - it is still freezing here, and the wind was ridiculous. Will this winter never end?

Sum, so great that is working for you - 3 lbs., esp since you don't have much to lose, is AMAZING!

new, CONGRATS on the loss!

jennifer, that is a LOT of walking, and wonderful that DH is joining you!

enid, keep experimenting and figure out what works for you. I'm the opposite - I eat almost all my calories while I'm at work and try to stick to a few hundred at night, but I've seen many people doing intermittent fasting who make it work the way you do. There's a thread for it, check it out.

fire, how is your grandson doing? You must have been so worried!

zumba, glad the bloating is better. What's been happening on the job front?

karen, WELCOME! Hope you're having a great spring break w/ your family!

2fc, that recipe sounds interesting - will def. have to try it!

2FatCats
04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Scale is down another #, weighed in at 153.4. Almost back to normal...

Just a quick note on the 'icecream' recipe. It does NOT freeze well. Unless you want an very large orange icecube.

I just couldn't stay inside anymore. So I walked for 20 minutes around the neighborhood with the pups. And went grocery shopping. But - didn't get anything heavier than jug o' milk.:D
I so don't follow directions well...

firegirl441
04-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Enid- Hope the new job is going well for you! When I worked I was in the same situation as you. I did learn to keep a granola bar or a bar of whatever diet I was following that week in my purse and locker. Hope you find something that works.

Heidi, Sum38 & 2FatCatsi: Congrats on the loss! You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

natamars: Sounds like you are back on plan with your eating and exercise. Great job!

firegirl441
04-04-2013, 10:12 PM
I forgot to add what is going on im my life today. My new medical scales are calibrated exactly with MRC ones.....I was down 1 1/2 lbs in addition to the 3 I had gained last week to 182.5. Yay! Yay! Now my goal is to get below 180 next week. I exercised at the pool...jogged 30 minutes, 180 stomach crunchies, walked laps for warm up and about 100 arm exercises.

My grandson is fine. They were able to dermabond (super glue) it. He flirted with the nurses and Nurse Practioner that cared for him. He has to take liquid Keflex four times a day for 10 days to make sure he doesn't get any infection.

Thanks for the concern you gals have shown. I really appreciate it.

I am really tired as I sold some bread at the farmer's online market and since we start our Saturday big market, I went ahead and made six loaves. I mill the wheat fresh to make it. I also sold 8 dozen eggs so I washed and candled them then delivered everything before 4 o'clock.

natamars
04-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Thursday: 1160 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 5 miles on the treadmill(3.5 mi jogging plus warmup and cooldown).

Yesterday was my birthday, so I really pushed since today is my weigh-in day and I really wanted to see a drop on the scale, but no such luck. Still fighting this same lb. Today we're going on a special paleontology field trip and then having Ethiopian food(my favorite) for dinner. Tomorrow is DS's 10th birthday party - I ordered a very good cake for him so I'll have some of that. And then I need to figure out this plateau thing. I know some of my off days have hurt, but I think I need to do something to shake things up as overall I should still be dropping. It may be time to lower the carbs until I can get under this set point. We have no more celebrations planned until Mother's Day, so it's time for me to get strict.

Sum38
04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Woot! Woot! I never thought I would be this excited to see 161.2 on my scale.

I lost 4.4 pounds in ONE week!! I was never hungry (or I ate each time hunger came), I felt great all week.

So what seems to work for me; 1300-1400 cal per day. Getting exercise every day and sleep 7-8 hours per night. And keeping sugar and carbs down. :carrot::carrot: I am one happy girl!!

Plan for today:
Weight training 45 min
Walking 5 miles

Bfast
coffee w/cream
Nature Valley (type) bar

Lunch
Salad w/ bleu cheese, tomatoes, onions, peppers, italian dressing and canned pink salmon

Dinner
Grilled chicken
Pineapple
Brown rice
broccoli

Snacks
Edy's frozen fruit bar
semi sweet chocolate chips
halved cashews

Zumbachica
04-05-2013, 09:25 AM
NATAMARS: Happy birthday to you and your son!!! I hear you about a plateau..it is so frustrating....hopefully you will find what you need in order to shake things up a bit and get that scale moving. Maybe change your exercise? I know that is what I need to do....my body is so used to the movement in Zumba..cross training is so important.....hang in there kid, we can do this. You asked about the job front...no luck so far. I"m being picky but I may have to lower my standards. job market around here is awful.....so much easier if you live near the city......

FIREGIRL: glad to hear that your grandson is fine.

NEWLEAF: mazel on the new BMI range...woot woot...:carrot:

JENNIFER: I am going to start walking also...hope to eventually turn it into running but walking can be just as effective so I've read.

SUM: Thanks for the recipe..and mazel on the loss!!! IE seems to be the secret we had yet to uncover about weight loss. Think about it...kids know when to stop eating...they eat when they're hungry..you ever try and give a baby a bottle when they don't want to eat? not happening!!! same with a toddler.....the body knows when to stop eating and when it is hungry, we just anesthetize ourselves to that......

ENID: it is so hard to exercise at the end of the day, do you think maybe you can work out in the morning before work? Sometimes it is best to get your workout over with in the morning ....

Sum38
04-05-2013, 09:26 AM
natamars:bday2you:

Zumbachica
04-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi everybody......no further weight loss on Isa gen ix......Yesterday I did one shake instead of two (just didn't have time for a second one) and went to dinner with friends..had one glass of wine and grilled vegetables and a big salad.....I had a slight gain today....grrrrrrrr.........not sure what that is about but I'm more determined than ever to make this work. It is not a nice day out so I don't think I'll get a walk in....may work out with my kettlebells today. Boys are going to a wake with their dad this afternoon and I'll be alone for a while today.....will be good to get an extra workout under my belt. Getting ready for aqua class in a few.

I'm going to confide in everyone here today and tell you that I've been sinking into a depression....and im having anxiety at the same time. divorce is taking its toll out on me...its a miracle that I even care enough about myself to want to try and lose weight......but I do. coming here is a big help, so thank you ladies for all your inspiration and motivation.

Sum38
04-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Oh Zumba :hug: -- Your divorce had dragged on as long as I have known you. No wonder that you are exhausted and depressed! -- Have you considered seeing a therapist? Maybe even get some meds to help over this horrid time? -- I have been on anti depressants for years; I inherited depression (it is a long story...) anycase, the meds really help me. -- Sometimes taking them even a short period during atough time, will give one the needed boost to carry on with life.

More :hug:!!!!

2FatCats
04-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Scale is cooperating to ditch the hospital weight : weighed in at 152.2. BUT - the swelling has finally gone down and my measurements are back to normal! Woot Woot! That means that I am back to 21.6% BF and gained 1lb of muscle during this hiatus. Maybe I needed the week off for my muscles to fully recover from the last 3 months of weight lifting!?? And all the IV fluids couldn't have hurt!
Best thing - ordered a pair of 8 jeans. They arrived yesterday...too big! :eek: It's the same ones I usually wear in a 10. No idea - maybe this pair was cut wrong? Doesn't matter - I'll be wearing those loose 8s today!

Nat: Belated :bday2you: And early your son! Keep on fighting that lb. See my avatar for what that little # of flabber looks like...it's not so big that you can't conquer it!

Zumba Divorce sucks. It's like you don't know someone until you divorce them. My ex drug it out - I gave him both cars, money, furniture, everything... All I wanted was my girls (both under 3) and my maiden name back. In Texas you have to have it legally awarded back to you. And lucky me - his sister and her husband were both attorneys. Yippee. But - I learned a very valuable lesson (at 21) - what I didn't want in a man! You'll get through this - you are stronger than you realize!

Sum Way to go! :carrot::carrot: I would be starving on 1400 calories...glad it works for you! Nat has like 1100-1200 and I would be passed out whimpering on the floor in front of the fridge - too weak to open it and save myself!

Firegirl Glad the GS is doing well. Our Farmer's Markets don't open until sometime in May. I can't wait! I walk to it every Friday - never sold anything. But I do (did) love to bake fresh bread. Probably not in my future, though. I have no discipline with fresh baked goods. Zero.

Enid I was always a morning exerciser - just wanted to get it over with! But this time around I wait until my hubs gets home from work and we lift weights together M-W-F. I hated it at first - now it's just what I do. It's a lot more fun when there is someone to exercise with - any chance you could get a workout buddy?

newleaf123
04-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi, ladies. Personals later. Up a pound after yesterday's sabotage. Back on track today. Just finished making Spicy Asian Quinoa salad; it's in the fridge chilling. Going to go change into my yoga clothes (forcing myself to go, kicking and screaming, feeling intimidated) and then have a small bowl. Then off to yoga. Ugh. (Remember, yoga was my anticipated change post-Patagonia to keep my going)

Plainsgirl
04-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Sigh....I just got finished typing a whole big thing and hit some dumb thing and POOF!! :mad:

No time to re-do it so I will just say this: I am here. I read. Not much time during the week to respond. I WILL get better at this.

Lost the 2 pound anniversary/birthday dinner/Easteoor weight and am now sitting at 146.8

Started my outside biking/running and am very sore but feeling so much better for actually DOING something about the shape I am in instead of just bi*&^%$ about it.

So glad to see those of you who are having great success these last few days/weeks. It gives me great hope that YES this is totally doable....

2fatc- glad to hear that the post-op swelling is finally going down for you and you are feeling much better! But don't rush it!! lol

Nat-happy belated birthday!!!

Zumba- Divorce sux!! The stress that comes from just that in our daily lives absolutely plays a part in the inability of our bodies to just let go of that fat already!! I feel for you. Honestly. Been there, done that. :hug:

To everyone else...(sorry...have to go)...keep on keeping on. We WILL do this!!! :carrot:

Sum38
04-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Today is my 10th day OP :woohoo: Time flies when having "fun". I have walked 9/10 days , weight trained 4/10 days, eaten OP/mindful/IE every single day every single meal. No izzys, pop or wine :yay:

Today's plan
Bfast
coffee w/ cream
Lunch
Salad w/chicken
Dinner
Salmon
Rice
Carrots
Brussels Sprouts
Snacks
Oikos yogurt
Edy's frozen fruit bar

Total cal 1440

Exercise
Walk 5 mi

SW 165.6
CW 161.4

ETA: I track my exercise with calorie tracker (on my phone). It says I have burned 3500 calories in 7 days :carrot:

Jennifer1966
04-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Happy Saturday! I actually slept in until 8:30--it felt great! I'm eating ok, not great, but not horribly. I seem to be stuck in the 179 range. I know I have to really watch what goes in my mouth, but I was hoping all the walking DH and I are doing would help! DD's graduation party is in 6 weeks, and I really want to be in the 160s!! I want to buy a cute new dress. Because of the party we are working super hard on getting our house and yard ready! I'm hoping the hours I spend cleaning, weeding, mulching, etc. will help with the lbs. At least my yard will look fabulous this year!

Natamars: Belated Happy Birthday! I love Ethiopian too. Enjoy! And happy bday to DS. Double digits!

Sum: You are doing great! I am intrigued by IE. it is working se well for you. Yay!

Firegirl: Your bread sounds amazing. I can't wait until our farmers' markets open locally.

Zumba: Hang in there. Divorce is terrible, but it will get better. Don't hesitate to come here and vent, or talk to someone if you need to. Depression is an illness like any other.

2FatCats: wow! Loose size 8s! I guess you'll just have to get 6s!

Heidi: Your salad sounds great! How was yoga? I just like lounging in the pants!

Sorry to anyone I missed (I can't scroll too far back on the iPad). Have a great weekend everyone!

Sum38
04-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Jennifer This way of eating feels really good! I only eat if I am hungry. I am learning to listen what my body is saying; is it a want or a need? I cut all junk out -- incl alcohol which was prolly adding a ton of unwanted calories, because it always made me snack. Last night after dinner - grilled chicken, brown rice and broccoli -- I did not feel satisfied and so I went on and had 1 oz of cashews and 1 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips. I could have eaten more but I listened my body and it said it was happy :) So I stopped.

I still count my calories and plan my meals ahead of time. I know "real" IE followers don't do that, but I simply like it and I enjoy seeing what makes me satisfied.

Sum38
04-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Where are you girlies?? I hope everyone is having a fab and fit weekend!!

I was hungry yesterday. I think all that walking and lifting is catching up with me. I had 1,754 calories. 80 calories over my allotted calorie goal, but still way under what I consumed (around 2300 cal). So it was a good day. I was craving for wine.... It was a Saturday after all, but I stayed strong and did not give in. I am cooking dinner every night, planning meals 3-4 days ahead of time; that way I am making sure that I have all the needed food handy. -- I wanted to go out last night (to have a few drinks and some dinner), but like I said I stayed strong; cooked a nice salmon meal with ton of veggies. I prolly saved myself from 1000-1500 extra calories. I am proud of myself :yay:

Hubby went for a walk with me. Since he travels for work, and I get to see him only on the weekends, it was a nice treat! He is really proud of me and how committed I am right now. He looks fabulous. He works out nearly every day and his body looks like it belongs to a 30 year old, not to a 45 year old man :love:

It was a perfect week for me. Stats including today;
Walked 30.7 miles 462 minutes
Weights 4 x 45 min; 180 min
Total 642 min exercised = aprx 10 hrs :woohoo:

Calories in 8060
Calories out 15750
Diff. (7960)

So this one meal at a time is truly working for me!

Jennifer1966
04-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Sum: Great job on all the exercise! DH and I didn't walk yesterday, but we worked like crazy in the back yard--I'm actually sore this am! Godf job too on resisting temptation. We had friends over last night for our first fire, and I think I drank my wine and yours! I'd be better if they didn't have those tastings right in the grocery store!

Even with my indulgence last night, I was at 179.2. Maybe, just maybe I will see 178._ by Monday! I fell like I've been stuck on 179._ forever. Today is my 19th anniversary, and we hit the meat market yesterday for steaks, but we also bought red peppers and asparagus, so hopefully I can keep my calories under control! If it doesn't rain, we are going to try to walk and work in the yard more.

Happy Sunday!

Zumbachica
04-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Jennifer: You'll be surprised how many calories you burn with good old fashioned yard work...much harder than anything I've ever tried in the gym, believe me. Keep thinking about your DD;s big day and your dress..visualization!!

SUM: so happy you found something that works for you. that is what I intend on doing after my 30 day cleanse. did you read any books about IE?

I hope everyone else is doing well.......seems a little quiet here.....

Thanks everyone for your support. this divorce has gone on for well over a year, this fall will make two......I'm growing weary and its hard for me to focus on my health with all this garbage going on..but i'm trying.

Zumbachica
04-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Well tomorrow will make one week that I've been doing Isa gen ix and I have lost four lbs so far. Not bad. I have three more weeks to go. My first week was so I can get used to the program, now I plan on going full steam ahead with it. I am also incorporating more exercise. I am joinging two other ladies I know for some power walking during the evenings. They go four to five times a week.

I decided to open windows and do some spring cleaning today, and pulled something in my hip when i was cleaning wood floors...I just can't catch a break. On a happier note I think my ovarian cyst disappeared, id on't feel that twang anymore. I'll be having another ultrasound to make sure...

I hope everyone has a great week this week!!! I'm planning on doing my best.....I just wish my biggest problem right now was my weight, it really isn't.....have so much junk I have to get ready for my attorneys before court later this month. Its going to be a crazy week, hope I can keep it together.

natamars
04-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Sunday: 1480 calories, walked 3 miles on the treadmill

Back on plan after a few days off, which had been the plan. I don't think I really ate as much as I expected. I was so busy running around at DS's birthday that I only had half a piece of pizza and a small piece of cake. But instead of Ethiopian dinner Friday night I had Thai last night, so I'll hold off on weighing in until Tuesday.

zumba, :hug:. I am so sorry the divorce has dragged on so long. What an awful situation. I am so impressed with how you've been able to still keep your health on track, and I'm very glad the isa gen ix is working for you.

Jennifer, here's hoping you'll see that 178 on your scale tomorrow! It sucks to get stuck!

Sum, you sound FANTASTIC! Send some dedication vibes my way.

Back to Mad Men..see you all tomorrow!

Sum38
04-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Jennifer I hope your anniversary was a wonderful one!! I thought about you last night when I grilled our steaks :D -- I had 6 oz filet mignon, what did you have?

Zumba NICE DROP!! No more 150's for you :woohoo:

Nat Happy belated birthday to your DD! How old is she?

Plainsgirl That reminds me; I need to take my bike in for a tune up. I started biking last fall and really enjoyed it. It is still a tad bit too cold. My joints hurt if they catch a chill, esp my wrists, so I will wait a bit more to start biking.

Sum38
04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
4th day for me at 161's...boo! Well this is a marathon not a sprint, and I had a nice drop last week :)

Yesterday I was sooo busy that I only had a granola bar for lunch. But I was ravished by dinner.

I walked 5 miles but skipped the gym. My body felt "tired". I have done something everyday and some days even double workouts. I think I will lift weight Mo, Wed, Fri and take a two day break on weekends.

Plan for today
Weight 45 min
Possible walk, depending how late/tired I am.
Bfast coffee w/cream
Lunch
TBD or/
Slimfast
Nature Valley granola bar
Dinner
Big Mac in a bowl
Snacks
Cashews
Semi sweet chocolate chips
Greek yogurt

I am taking a back up lunch with me today. I don't want to prepare anything that goes bad, therefore the slimfast and granola. -- We get volunteer lunch at the Finnish center but lately it has been all pasta and I am allergic to gluten :(

SW 165.6
CW 161.4

Have a happy and healthy day ladies!! :grouphug:

Plainsgirl
04-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Good morning Ladies!

Sum- Great job at the consistency of your plan!! That is just what I am working towards..."marathon...NOT sprint..." Can I ride a little bit on your coat tails?? :D

Zumba- Way to go on the 4 pound loss!!! whoo hooo!! it feels so darn good to FINALLY see that scale go down, doesn't it? I also did some spring cleaning this weekend and opened up the screen doors. Feels so good to smell the fresh air. Sorry to hear that you pulled a hip muscle...:( Feel better!!:(

Jennifer- yard work is AWSOME whole body work!! I'm sure you felt THAT! LOL

To everyone else...have a fabulous Monday.... Im off to take ds to school and get ready for work... my "favorite" shift.... 10:30-7pm..NOT! lol

newleaf123
04-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi, everyone. I do plan to get back to personals, but can't quite yet. But I'm so glad to see people motivated and working towards their goals; it's motivating to me!

I totally derailed over the last few days. I am putting my head back into the game.

Still have quite a ways to go to reach my May Day goal, but I'm committed to chipping away at it!

mboo
04-08-2013, 11:58 AM
after a rough couple of weeks, i am down to 203 still 4.6 pounds to go in challenge.Come on 190's.

Jennifer1966
04-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Happy Monday!

Som: Thanks, my anniversary was fantastic. Nicest weekend we've had, so we took major advantage. I had a strip steak and DH had a porterhouse. They were melt-in-your-mouth good! We also grilled asparagus, which was fantastic.

Heidi: I'm sure you'll jump right back! It's a slow, slow process.

Mboo: congrats on the loss! You've got this challenge!

Zumba: Nice loss! You are doing great on Isa gen ix!

Plains girl: 7 pm is late to get off! I hate when I work evenings!

I was at 178.8 today, which is first time I've been below 179._ is a long time! I hope it keeps going down! Maybe I can hit my May Day goal!

Zumbachica
04-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Almost five lbs loss last week on the Ida gen ix! Funny though indont feel any lighter...or look it but I have a ways to go....******** is forcing me to think less about food.....obsess less.....if I didn't have to cook for the kids I would think about it even less......it's scared not having food to turn to anymore....now I'm just relying on a shake...not the same! But I smile when I get on the scale.....and I know I'll be stronger when I feel good in my skin again....

Still in pain with my hip...strangest thing! Got thru Zumba but doing anything else was out of the question...hope I feel better tomorrow........I really want to start working with my kettle bells...

Sum38
04-09-2013, 07:30 AM
Scale finally moved.
160.4 It will be sooo nice to get out of these horrid 160's! Never again!!

My profile photo is around 130 pounds and I thought I was "fat" at the time. :?: Now once I start flirting with 150 I feel kinda skinny. Isn't it amazing how our perspective changes? Is it acceptance or just plain defeat?

Plan for today
Allotted calories 1115 + snacks. Aiming for 1300-1500 cal.
Exercise; Walk 5 miles

SW 165.6
CW 160.4

Sum38
04-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Zumba What is Ida gen ix? It is working for you!! I hope your hip is feeling better today. Nothing suck more than injury when one is just about to get into the groove.

mboo I hope this week is better for you!! There are still plenty of weeks left on this challenge to meet your goal.

Plainsgirl I hope you survived your shift okay? What do you do? That is one hard shift; no time in the morning, or no time at night. :(

Jennifer Woot on your 178._!! Getting closer to your goal!

newleaf123 This is a new week; back on that saddle!

Plainsgirl
04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Ahhh...get a weekday off and it looks like its getting ready to rain buckets. So much for the bike/run I was gonna do. Thank goodness for the Y! lol I don't think I even have time for just a run...therefore I am on here...gleaning inspiration :D

Jenn- I work at a small rural hospital in Patient Registration/Admitting. Our department is open from 6am-10:30pm....7 ladies that have to "swing" our way thru the week... I never have the same shift twice in a row (well..not very often anyway...). I work Sat morning so that is why im off today...

Zumba- Great job on the 5 lb loss. And I say...any way you can get it-take it! If it helps YOU to get to where you need to be....that's all that matters. I feel the same way about sometimes not even caring about the whole fixing meals thing. If I didn't have my almost 13 yr old son at home I swear But in the same sense...that Is what keeps me eating REAL meals instead of just grazing all day.

Sum-WAY TO GO ON GETTING BACK DOWN!! I totally understand about feeling a bit "sad" about feeling so different about the #'s on the scale on the way BACK down. :( Im still trying not to beat myself up for getting 20 pounds up from my lowest ever in my adult life. This exact time 2 years ago I was at 127-129. Yesterday morning I weighed in at 148.2. :( :mad:
It took me soooo long to lose my 75 lbs...I don't know if I have it in me to invest that much time again. I want it off NOW!!! LOL We WILL get there. What other choice do we have???....:dizzy:

The wind is picking up here so I guess im gonna get off here and get to the Y and get this day started. Meeting up with a friend I haven't seenM...ugh. Maybe I could change that so I don't feel like im spinning my wheels here...

Have a great day ladies!! :carrot: :hug:

Plainsgirl
04-09-2013, 10:56 AM
...uuummmm.... me thinks that part of what I wrote to Zumba went poof into the thin air...lol What I think I said was..."I would eat cereal, salad, and hot air popcorn...." lol ugg.....

newleaf123
04-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi, everyone. Chugging along here. 158.8 today.

zumba I can't fathom doing what you are doing, you are a powerhouse! I like to chew and chomp too much...

sum don't even let the word defeat cross your mind. Yeah, it's depressing. But what can you do? You are in such a great groove right now. Don't entertain mind games.

plainsGirl hope you ha a great workout!

To everyone, hi and have a great day! Spring is in the air...

newleaf123
04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
jennifer and mboo great job with your losses!

natamars hi!

2FatCats
04-09-2013, 12:07 PM
My 'official' check in day seems to have migrated from Monday to Tuesday.

Here is my official weight/bf%/check-in:

1. Continue: Phase III of NRoL Supercharged (weights 3x week) Recuperative Hiatus. Back in the gym 15Apr

2a. Add 150 calories each week: Due to 2 week exercise restrictions by the time I start it it will be 29Apr... I am going to shelve this goal until the next challenge.

3. Continue: Drop body fat below 21% while maintaining lean mass of 117-118lb. Scale weight doesn't matter - it all depends on how the hips/belly fare under the tape measure. Lean mass @ 118.5, scale @ 150.2, BF% down a smidge

4. Add: 30 minute spin bike sessions 2x week. Postponed until 15Apr start.

02Apr 156.2 Post surgery swelling.
09Apr 150.2 BF: 21.1%
15Apr
22Apr
29Apr
01May:

2FatCats
04-09-2013, 12:26 PM
So - I did a bunch of yardwork yesterday - and sunburned my face. *Sigh* Another reason to thank my Mom for giving me her pale skin and auburn hair. Thanks Mom!

Zumba:Way to go on the 4 lbs - boo on the hip pain! Don't be like me- I don't know when to rest and will just hurt myself more(see yardwork above)! Kettlebells are the one thing I haven't really gotten into - yet! I have a few, just that they are so $$ and I don't know what to do with them except for KB swings!

Sum Funny how the higher scale numbers become our 'new normal'. A good friend of mine - same age, height and basic build as me - said on Saturday that she was a size 5/7 when she got married - now she'd be thrilled just to be a size 10. Or at least not a size 14. I wonder if we were unrealistic when we were younger or are unrealistic now? Or *gulp* both??

Plainsgirl No way I could do those shifts - that would exhaust me emotionally - not to mention physically!! I live a very structured and ordered life. Example: my pantry is alphabetized...by categories...

Jennifer Way to go on the loss! You'll be in the 160s before you know it and hardly remember the struggle at 179! Glad you had a great weekend for the anniversary. It's finally warming up here a bit. Just glad I don't live in Denver today!!

mboo You can make your goal - still plenty of time left! Just keep on moving forward!

Nat You reminded me about Mad Men - I totally forgot about it! Good thing my DVR was still set from the last season to record it! I can't imagine being a woman back then...my poor Mom!

Heidi Meh, derailing hapens. You recognized it and stopped it - great job! How goes the yoga - is it filling the niche?

LuvCats
04-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Plainsgirl: Interesting about your job. That is one of the positions I've been applying for. No go so far but I'm going to keep at it. I volunteer at the front (admitting) desk at one of our local hospitals here (not small or very rural but it isn't the (sister) huge trauma center either).

Sum: How many years has it been since 130? If it was teens or early 20s I don't think it really compares to our 40s. If it is a realistic goal for you though hang on to it and keep on plugging! :)

Newleaf: I enjoyed your travel story. It sounds like you had a great time. Great job on losing!

Zumba: Looking good! Keep it up!

Jennifer: WTG to lose over your anniversary! Terrific!

Mboo: Great job! Keep it going!

Nat: Ha ha I always do a double take when I see people call you Nat because I forget it isn't me. Great job getting back OP. Keep it up!

2FatCats: Lol I have not one but two red-head (aka bright orange although I'd get shot for calling it that) daughters. They definitely burn very easily too. Great job OP!

Yay I'm down again today after gaining a pound each the last 2 weeks.... back past that and then some for a total loss of 3.8 this week. Guess I worked at it more than I thought, lol. Met my WW mini goal and now the tracker is down so can't find out what is next. Grrr! Oh well I'm happy. :)

guacamole
04-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Hello, everyone! I've been missing in action due to holidays and staycation with family. I haven't stepped on the scale in two weeks. TOM is here, I ate way too much over the holidays, and I am trying to get back on track. Every morning I wake up intending to jog or bike, and every morning it is pouring with rain. I logged my calories at 1200 yesterday, but I am really hungry today. So far, I have been on track, but I am starting to lose it! Have to get back into the routine after being off for 2 1/2 weeks.

Good luck today, everyone!

mboo
04-09-2013, 02:56 PM
You Guys Are Awesome!!....JustSaying

Sum38
04-09-2013, 04:04 PM
LuvCats Unfortunately that picture is only 5 or 6 years old :( Being big is new to me :( :( -- I got really sick a few years back and they did not know what was wrong with me.... I was on 60mg of Prednisone for 8 months straight and that brought on the pounds and even after I was done taking that evil drug, the pounds stuck around. -- I just hope that I have enough motivation, this time around, to actually see through this weighloss journey. I think I am "ready", I hope!! So I am just taking a meal at a time and see how it goes....so far, so good. :crossed: Congrats on your 3.8 pounds! Awesome!!

mboo We are all awesome, aren't we!! :grouphug:

guacamole I was thinking of you today!! When I started walking again, 2 weeks ago, my knee was REALLY bugging me, and I thought it would "blow" any minute. Hills were quite difficult to do. Today and the last few days, I have walked pain free....I remembered the article you posted how much each pound added stress to joints. I have only lost about 5 pounds in two weeks, but it is already making a huge difference what comes to pressure on my joints. -- I am glad to have you back!

2FatCats Sunscreen, Sunscreen and more Sunscreen!!! How is your recovery coming along?

newleaf123 Chug, chug, chug! :D

Plainsgirl We had a gorgeous morning! Sun was out. I went for a 5 mile walk. The minute I got back, clouds rolled in and it started pouring. I don't mind walking whilst it is raining tho, I find it quite soothing. I hope you had a nice workout at the Y!

Jennifer1966
04-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi all! Quick check in from work. I am having one of those crazy busy days--work from 7 am to about 6 pm and then have to go with DD to see a speaker at the local university. She gets extra credit for a comm class, but doesn't want to go along. By the time I get home after 8 pm. I will probably not want to walk. I am going to be very careful about what I eat for dinner though! I will definitely walk tomorrow :)

Zumbachica
04-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Crazy days ahead getting things ready for attorneys,,,,hoping to see 145 by the weekend...in such a badvplacevrightbnow...life is out of control...I want to be able to control something....letnitbbe myweightbif not anything else!

Jennifer1966
04-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Zumba: I'm sending positive thoughts your way! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Update on my weight so far this challenge:
CW: 178.2
I'm really hoping I can lose 5+ pounds by May Day!

Sum38
04-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Woot! Woot! I entered in to a new decade! :yay: We shall see if it sticks, but this morning I was 159.8 :woohoo:
It was such a big relief not to see that 16x.x on my scale.

ETA: I only have 0.8 lbs to go to meet this goal.

Jennifer1966
04-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Congrats!! Sum38!! A new decade!

2FatCats
04-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Sum Way to go on the new decade! Recovery is going very well- minimal cramping and such. My post-op isn't until 08May - doc wanted to wait 6 weeks to see if it 'took'.

I made it a new decade, too - 149.4 - still puts me at 21.0% bf...argh. So close. Normally my weight will drop a few pounds before my measurements change- no biggie- it'll happen soon enough.
Biggest challenge now - maintaining my healthy lifestyle. I find myself occasionally thinking "I'm not overweight so I can totally eat whatever I want...and however much I want" Then I catch myelf and realize that is the first step that leads me right back where I started. *Sigh* Guess it's never really 'over' is it?

Hope all are well and snow-free ... there is a winter weather advisory for us tomorrow. Yippee.

Sum38
04-10-2013, 07:48 PM
I am so incredibly proud of myself! :D When I started this challenge, my goal was to get some exercise, and with each passing day I have tried doing something and for the past 2 weeks, Wednesdays have become "double" workout days...so this morning I did my 5 mile walk (... I am getting faster; 4mph the whole way) and the plan was to hit the gym sometime early afternoon. -- Turns out my landlord had called a plumber to come over and he of course gave 4 hour window 12-4pm AND he of course showed up 10 to 4...he did what he needed to do and left around 5 pm. OLD me would had said: "what the heck, it is late let's skip the weight lifting, and I already walked anyways" ~ sat on a couch, had a glass of wine and watch some tv. BUT the new improved me said "you made a plan and you are going to stick to it" So to the gym I went and lifted those horrid weights :D

I may sound silly, but it was a huge milestone for me.

newleaf123
04-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Zumba Good luck with all the lawyers; I'm sure emotions are running high. :hug: Great job getting into the 140s!! Feeling lighter yet??

Natamars Hope all's well and that your weigh-in yesterday was a good one.

Sum38 You are doing so well; I'm so happy for you! All the exercise, the movement into the 150s, all just excellent! Meeting your goal is right around the corner; WTG! It doesn't sound silly at all, being psyched about sticking with your plan. It seems that we all just teeter on the cliff of success, and so easily can shift in the wrong direction. Every time that we don't is cause to celebrate!

Plainsgirl How's everything going?

Mboo Fingers crossed that you break into the 190s soon!

Jennifer I'm glad you had an awesome anniversary!! And you are doing so well with your weightloss. WTG!! Did you get your walk in today?

2FatCats You are doing so well with your weightloss, and I am confident that once your restrictions are lifted, your BF# will zip down to where you want it to be! Take it easy until then. Drs orders, right?? I enjoyed yoga on Friday, looking forward to it again this Friday. Amazing about the thought reel in your head, it comes back so quickly. Glad to hear it was only a passing thought. Your strength over the last 4 months has been incredible and inspirational.

LuvCats Good job with the downward momentum again; I'm sure that feels great! Nice loss!

Guacamole Nice to see you again. I hope you're easing back into routine nicely.

JuneM, Winnie72, trukmek, Agalinfl, petra, firegirl441, Chellestime, SmartBlonde, Solace, Val69, KarenLee, and Enid you've all been quiet for awhile. Update us when you can! I'd love to hear how you're doing :)

Here, things are going well. I'm feeling really positive. I'm coming up on 1 year of working on my health and fitness, and marvel at how far I've come. Weightloss is slow, but all is good.

Sum38
04-11-2013, 08:07 AM
According to my TOM app on my phone; it is ovulation time! Usually I gain a pound or two at this point. Scale held the 159.8 from yesterday, I sooo don't want to see 160 again :( even if I KNOW it is just hormonal fluctuation. Finger crossed :crossed: I am not expecting any more downward movement for the rest of the week.
Today marks the first day of week #3 of my healthy lifestyle. I am simply amazed of myself. I have been such a whimp and quitter in the past and usually given up after a few days.

Plan for today
Main calories
1023 + snacks
Exercise
Walk 5 miles (and clean my house)

SW 165.6
CW 159.8

Have a fab day ladies!!!

Sum38
04-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Zumba Thinking of you!! Good luck and stay strong :hug:

newleaf123 Congratulations on your year milestone. That is marvelous!! I hope I will have 1/2 of that will power you have demonstrated.

2FatCats Congrats on your new decade! I think I should start logging my bodyfat. I know the scales are not 100% accurate, but it would be interesting to see the trend.

Jennifer you can go it!! It is just slightly over 1 1/2 pounds per week to lose. No more wine until 5 pounds are gone :D

Plainsgirl
04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Sum-WAY TO GO!! :carrot::carrot: I know exactly how you feel when it FINALLY clicks and that scale starts moving in the Right direction. You have been doing so incredibly well the last 3 weeks and its starting to show on the scale. Best. Feeling. Ever.

Jennifer- Very cool that the little ones are starting to notice your hard work! And even cooler that they ASKED if it was rude to notice and remark on it. SOMEBODY is doing SOMETHING right teaching them that....I bet their teacher has something to do with it....:cp:

2FatCats-You inspire me. Truly. When I grow up I wanna be just like you! :D But right now...working on getting the scale to just keep going down already is my biggest hurdle...

NewLeaf- Im doing ok. Thanks for asking... Im still having a hard time NOT watching the scale bounce around. My exercise is getting more consistent but its the eating/drinking of alcohol that is getting in my way. Not that I drink A LOT....just a glass of wine here or there or a few light beers out with friends once or twice a week...(like those 64's or 55's)... I didn't do that the first time around. Coincidence?? I don't think so...

Zuba- keep on keeping on... I don't know you very well yet but you seem to me to be a very strong women. And yes...I agree...when everything else in your world is out of your control it helps to concentrate on something that we can control....just keep it healthy lady!! :D

Sooo...yesterday I was finally seeing a downward slide...getting closer to my starting weight of this challenge...147.4....I did a second day of Jillian Michaels "6 week abs" OUCH!! I had forgotten what a full body workout that was... Anyway...ate VERY well yesterday....lots of water, veggies, hot green tea...And ended up having 1 glass of wine and the last 2 pieces of frozen pepperoni pizza...as soon as I woke up I could feel the bloating in my hands and face. 149.6. Why oh why do I do this to myself?!?! :( :mad: I wanted soooo bad to see 139._ by May 1st.... I don't know if stepping on that scale is helping me or not. I mean...my whole body is sore from Jillian...I know that there is SOME water retention just from that alone...but im not blind enough to know that the pizza and wine is the biggest part of that. It took me a better part of a week to get the anniversary/birthday/easter weight off...im running out of steam...

OK...pitty party over. Time to get my running clothes on and get to the y for a run on the dreadmill...its cooled of here after big storms rolled though yesterday...

Have a great day ladies!! Keep on keeping on!!!

guacamole
04-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Love you, ladies. That's all I have to say!

2FatCats
04-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Afternoon All,

Sum: Weights aren't horrid...think positive thoughts. :yoga: Ohhhm. Weights will make me sexier. Ohmmm. Weights will make me stronger. Ohhhmmmm. Weights are on my best friends. And exhale. ;)

As for BF: I use measurements, not a scale. http://www.linear-software.com/online.html
Just scroll down and select the 'tape' tab.

Plainsgirl Aww, shucks! :o

To all: Seems like most of us fall prey to self-sabotage (dang inner meanie) - whether in thoughts, actions or words.
Yesterday I found myself feeling guilty that this journey has been a relatively simple and painless process for me. I see other people's struggles and challenges and wonder why am I not struggling, too? It's almost as if I deep in my subconscious I think don't deserve it. Rationally I know that I do (and I know that I have worked dang hard to get here), but those doubts/lack of self-confidence sneak in and get ya when you aren't looking! You wouldn't believe how many internal dialogues I have with my inner meanie. But she's finally learning to listen more and talk less!

I wonder if you marked it on paper every time you had a negative thought - how many would that equal in a day? Not to mention the ones we voice . . . .

natamars
04-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Struggling again. Trying to figure out why. I'm not happy at this weight, why can't I do what needs to get done? I wore a new dress the other day and felt so lumpy under it that I needed to put on spanx. So depressing.

DH has been in Vegas since yesterday so I can't get to the gym.

I have to remember it's dedication, not motivation.

Will come back online and catch up later..sorry to be such a downer.

Sum38
04-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Another week behind me, another 2 pounds lost. :cheer: Total loss 6.2 pounds (yeah I am 0.2 pounds away from May day goal :D)

I had a miserable walk yesterday, weather wise. It was yucky and ugly, COLD rain, wind, damp air...I hated every moment of it. But I did it :) I walked 4.1 mph, which is faster than some people run, but I was so cold and I wanted to be done.

Today is double workout day. Weights this am, walk in the pm.

I getting some pampering done today. My nails need some serious attention.

I haven't made my food plan for the day yet. Aiming for 1300-1400 calories.

I ALMOST broke down last night and had some wine. But once I plugged those calories into MFP, I quickly changed my mind. I did not want those extra calories :woohoo: Plus I made a promise to myself; no wine is April.

Off to fix my baby boy some bfast.

GW 159
CW 159.2 (ALMOST!!)

Plainsgirl
04-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Whoo Hoo!! 146.6 this morning! 3.2 lbs different from yesterday mornings' bloat fest lol. Sooo....now I am basically right back to where I started this challenge...sigh... But I not quit! This is my week to drop weight before the dreaded TOM bloating starts. I am focused and ready to do this. I will get through the next 2 weeks BELOW 145. I am determined....

I ran 30 min straight, no stopping at a 5.5 for 2.74 miles and ate totally on plan (no frozen pepperoni pizza and no wine-go figure...:dizzy:),drank my water, ate my veggies and drank my green tea at work instead of cup after cup of coffee....

...now off to get ds out of bed...tried 15 min ago...hear no stirring. This may be a rough morning... :/

Sum38
04-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Congrats Plainsgirl!! And now downwards march begins!

I forgot to mention my NSV: I am back :o to my size 10's :woohoo: I finally have clothes to wear. I was tired of wearing either the same 2 outfits I had in size 12 or sweats.

newleaf123
04-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Time to do a check-in. My goals are:

1. Lose 5 pounds: 152 goal
Doubtful. I'm at 158 now.

2. Have my fitness level retested from a year ago
just scheduled this at the gym for the week after next.

3. Yoga 1x per week
today is week 2. I'll be there!

4. Weights 2x per week
yes

5. Cardio 4-5x per week
yes

So I'm meeting my fitness goals, but not my weight goal. I've rejiggered things in my workout and am sweating more, ie higher calorie burn. I guess I have to pay more attention to my food. My choices are generally good, so I guess I need to rethink portions.

Jennifer1966
04-12-2013, 02:03 PM
I'll think I'll follow Heidi's lead and update my goals again. Mine are pretty simple because it's just weight (i'm hoping health and fitness improve too, but honestly, right now the fat is my only concern:) ).

CW: 178

That's 5 pounds in 18 days! Depending on whole TOM thing, I may be able to do it. If I can't, at least I can hopefully get very close! May Day is only 18 days from DD's graduation party, and if I'm going to have approx. 150 people at my house, I want to look as good as possible!

LuvCats
04-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Yay it is great to see the victories posted today! NSV, fitness, and scale alike. Keep it up everyone! I figure we are all winners as long as we keep trying and refuse to give up.

Still going well today. I did over 42 minutes on the elliptical--amazing! It said over 1.5 miles but when I used a pedometer it came out much more so I figure I did at least 1.5 miles possibly more. That is at least a little each day this week. Food is OP too save for Tuesday when we went to Red Robin. Got right back OP on Wednesday so I figure it is all good. :)

2FatCats
04-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Well...in keeping with the updates...

I made my challenge bodyfat % goal today...scale was down to 148.6 and waist and hips down (28.0,38.0)... so that makes me 118.2 lean and 20.4% bf. Feels great - now on to the heavy weights - gotta build me some REAL muscle!!

Sum38
04-13-2013, 09:41 AM
I upped my weights at the gym yesterday: and I do feel it today. For a woman who hates weightlifting a lot, I sure do make it count when I actually do the deed :D I was grunting and making all sorts of noises when I was lifting. I lift heavy.

Scale is teasing me. 159.2 again :lol3: It won't give me my goal weight number for this challenge. I am kinda impressed that it stayed at the same number. I feel that I am carrying some water in my muscles plus I am middle of my ovulation. :yikes:

Fatcats Congrats on making your goal! :cheer:

LuvCats Nice burn on the elliptical! I usually count every 15-20 minutes as a mile on the elliptical (according to my firbit). So you prolly did 2+ miles.

Jennifer You can totally rock this challenge. Cut the carbs and sugar towards your TOM and you won't retain as much water.

Heidi 4/5 isn't bad!!

Plan for today
Calories for the day 1300
Exercise; 5 mile walk (I hope, time allowing)

SW 165.6
CW 159.2

Off to the Finnish center I go. My whole family is volunteering there with me today :love: I hope I can be home by 5 to do my daily walk.

Zumbachica
04-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi kids! I actually have some time today so I'm going to try and get some personals in....lets get up close and personal....:o

SUM..You are on FIRE lady!! You make me want to lift weights RIGHT NOW!! Lifting is definitely underrated, it truly speeds up that metabolism, even when we sleep..how cool is that???

2FAT: congrats on meeting your goal!!!!!

Luvcats: OMGOSH over 40 minutes on the elliptical....awesome!!

Plainsgirl: we are neck and neck on weight..great job!!! I wish I could learn to like green tea, I have tons of it in the house, even the cups for my keurig..but I just can't get into it..its so good for you.

Natamars: spanx aren't an option for me...I know all to well how you feel. YOu need to keep trying girl...maybe try something new.....

Guac: So good to see you girl!!! holidays and a staycation will do it....you will definitely lose now that that's over and you're getting back on track...

I know I forgot some, will try and include everyone next time.......so glad to see everyone here being so positive..and we all keep coming back here to post so that alone means we are trying..woot woot woot.:carrot:

Jennifer1966
04-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Quick post this morning before I start my weekend to do list! I was up .2 lbs this morning because we went out with friends last night. Ok, really DH and I started our regular 3.5 mile walk and it was so cold that we got to a bar downtown (about .5 mile) and decided to go in. Well, friends were there and ... :). The bad thing is tonight we are chaperoning the prom at my school and all the chaperones are going out afterwards. I'm going to try to just drink either light beer or vodka. Weekends kill me, but I really don't want to give up our social life! At least I can be super careful on my eating today and get lots of exercise! Have a great weekend all! I will do personals tomorrow.

Zumbachica
04-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Well I'm happy to report a little swish today because I did my Isa gen ix cleansing yesterday. I'm really tired of being and feeling frumpy..now that the warmer weather is here I realize that none of my spring/summer clothes from last year will fit....I really don't want to spend my summer in what I call a Mrs Roper dress.....I'm a little over 6 lbs down so far this month....I have to tell you gals that this isn't easy.....the shakes don't taste horrible but I want real food again and can't wait to get on the maintenance part of this so that I can have a real breakfast in the morning.....I don't recommend this program to anyone but I know that it is what I needed for me at this time in my life...i need structure and something that doesn't require me to think all that much...because my court trial is sapping me of all my energy and thinking cells.........

the sun is shining and I'm in a bit of a good mood because the handsome man I have been dating and I are taking a ride out east...hubba hubba...I'm nervous as ****. don't know what to wear....his ex girlfriend who I know from around town looks like a barbie doll..no exaggeration..tall blonde and it probably says Made In Japan on her bum. Still, he seems to be attracted to me so I'm not going to be all down on myself, but as we all know there is just so long you can camouflage and hide underneath clothes......wink wink.....

I am having my shakes today and will try and order a healthy meal for dinner, seafood or a salad with chicken. One glass of wine and I'm good.....I hope everyone has a great weekend.....

Zumbachica
04-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Jennifer, I like to go out atleast once a week now that i'm dating or out with my girlfriends and trust me, it hasn't been easy. No more cosmos , Im ordering light beer ....or a diet coke with vodka....I don't really like how it tastes but I know thats that lowest carb/calorie drink. But its better than drinking water and youre still out having fun....right?

firegirl441
04-13-2013, 08:30 PM
How great it is to check in today and "hear" all these positive comments!! I have had a great week with weight loss as well. I'm so glad others are enjoying the same results. Next week will probably not be a loss week for me as I am having to eat strangely getting ready for my upcoming surgery. Doc said to quit following Atkins and eat a more well rounded healthy diet this week leading up to a full liquid diet on Sunday and a clear liquid diet on Monday accompanied by two bottles of that nasty magnesium citrate stuff you have to drink to clean your system out. I feel like I will show a gain immediately upon eating some starches after having none for the past month except a little salad or cooked veggie. When I have gone off Atkins in the past that usually happens though. I am not gonna let it get me down though. I know what is coming and I know that as soon as the first week after surgery is over, I can get right back on the Atkins wagon and pick up where I left off getting closer and closer to my goal each week. I hope everyone has a great weight loss week next week.

Blessings,

LuvCats
04-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Wow Sum I didn't know that it might really be a lot more than my elliptical says. Yay! You'll get there on your goal weight!

Lol Zumba thanks. :D I read when I'm on it and I just recently switched so the only time I'm reading my nook books is on the elliptical. Have to keep going to solve the murder mystery. Did about 30 min. today. Yay on the extra time for you today. Always nice to find a few moments to sit online.

Prom is here too tonight, Jennifer... ha ha for MY Jennifer (youngest, 17 yo). Her first time (junior). She is upstairs having a friend do her hair right now. Stick to your guns on the light drink and have fun.

Great job on the loss firegirl. Don't worry about gaining due to how you have to eat pre/post surgery. You'll knock it out as soon as you are on your feet again.

natamars
04-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Still struggling. Food has been a bit better the last few days but I haven't been tracking..I am eating more consciously though. DH was away on a business trip and now that he's back he's got terrible allergies/cold and is snoring like mad. I keep waking up after sleeping just a few hours and then am up half the night..think Tuesday was the last time I got more than a few hours sleep. No energy for exercise. I told DH I feel like a big wet noodle.

zumba, so glad you're getting out and having fun..nice to finally have some sun and almost warm temps no?

Jennifer, hope it warms up where you are soon..weather here has been crazy, 80 and beautiful one day and damp and 50 the next.

sum, you sound fantastic, keep it up!

2fc, you're amazing!

luvcats, great job on the exercise.

newleaf, you're doing great on the exercise goals, the rest will follow.

plainsgirl, nice run!

firegirl, you sound so determined, I know you'll do great!

Jennifer1966
04-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Happy Sunday! The sun is shining, but it's still cold. It may get into the 60s, if it does I'm doing yard work. If not house work.

Zumba: hope your date was fabulous! I was good and only drank light beer last night (Yuengling Light isn't bad for 99 calories).

Natamars: I hope you get sleep soon. It's so hard to function without it!

Sum: you are rocking this!

I know I'm missing a lot, but I'm on the iPad and it's hard to scroll! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Sum38
04-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Okay, I fell off the wagon yesterday :o I had too much to eat, and I even had some wine :^: which I had promised not to have :no: -- The thing I learned. I feel bloated and gross this morning; I have felt wonderful each morning for the past 18 days... so these "fun nights" are not worth it. Live and learn. And in a long run one off day won't matter what comes to my overall weightloss. Dusting my self off :D

SW 165.6
CW 160 (up 0.8)

mboo
04-14-2013, 11:27 AM
200.6, OneMorePound For Thus Challeng And
1DERLAND

newleaf123
04-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Jennifer your weightloss is spectacular!! Kudos to you for hosting a party for 150! And I thought my 20 person Thanksgiving dinners were tough... I think its great that you keep up with your social life; turning this process into a depressing and dreary one doesn't bode well for success...

LuvCats great job with the elliptical! A couple years back, I always used it as my reading time, too. Great way to stay motivated to keep on going. Hope your daughter had a good time at the prom.

2FatCats congratulations with meeting your BF goal!! I bet you look awesome!!

Sum38 good to see that you're getting into the weights, despite not enjoying them LOL Sorry you had an off day yesterday. But you know what to do, so just get back to it; I'm sure you already have.

Zumba glad to hear that the shakes are working for you. I hope you had a great date, and yes -- don't get down on yourself; it's not worth the mental energy.

FireGirl good luck with your upcoming surgery. Here's to a speedy recovery! Remember to follow doctor's orders and don't overdo it. Your weightloss is going so well; you'll be back to it in no time!

Natamars sorry to read that you are struggling. Not getting a good night's sleep, night after night, is tough. Hopefully you turn the corner soon.

Mboo Wow!! YOu are doing so well, and are so close to your goal!! Keep up the great work!!

Here, all is well. My whole family is away camping and I told myself that I was going to use this time to eat really well (ie, on plan), and not use it as an excuse to indulge. And, on plan it has been! They even called at noon to tell me they were back and hungry, and did I want to go to the diner with them?? But I already had my huge salad and small bowl of homemade lentil soup all set out, so I declined. Nothing much else to report. Yoga is going well; I'm enjoying it. I see that I have a lot of work to do on balance, and that there are plenty of ways to improve strength. So, 2 of 6 classes down, and I'm looking forward to the remaining 4. Here's to a great week, everyone!

Jennifer1966
04-14-2013, 04:32 PM
I had to come in and take a break, so I thought I'd catch up on more personals! You all are helping me so much on this journey:)

Firegirl: Good luck in the surgery! Magnesium citrate sounds disgusting:)

Luvcats: Hope your daughter had a wonderful first prom. I bet she looked lovely!

Mboo: Onederland will be here before you know it! You are doing amazing on this challenge!

2FatCats: All I can say is WOW!

Heidi: Great job on your eating! I have a hard time saying no to restaurants! I'm thinking instead of kudos, I need a padded cell for thinking 150 people at my house in just 5 weeks is a good idea!

Today I weeded flower beds, ripped off porch carpet, took down a trellis, began widening a fire pit, and washed and lined dried all the drapery on my first floor. DH was also working the whole time, and we still have Soooo much to do! At least I burning calories and my house will look great! I still have to wash the inside of the windows and iron the drapes, then I plan on being a slug tonight!
I'm tired:)

Zumbachica
04-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Hi all..on the iPad so it's hard to type........had a fantabulous time with date...ate decently but wasn't on ********.....had wine and a quarter slice of cheesecake.....didnt weigh in today...but will be back on program tmrw.....this is going to be a very difficult week....

Sum38
04-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Woot! Woot! On a nice date with a handsome guy! Zumba

Jennifer How are your muscles feeling today after your gardening marathon? -- This year will be a strange summer for me. We sold our home of 15 years, that had a HUGE yard and very extensive landscaping; I spent hour after hour each week trying to maintain it...now we are renting and this house has no landscaping...the landlord is hiring a landscaping firm to do a brand new landscaping. The first year is always easy with a new garden :D Talk about taking a break!!

Heidi Awesome for staying OP! Did you enjoy your quiet house?

mboo :woohoo: 'tis the week!!!

natamars Sleep is so important. That is when we burn off the fat! -- I snore :o and since hubby works out of town each week, he says he can get some zzz's whilst gone.

LuvCats How was the prom? Does she have a steady boyfriend?

firegirl441 How are you feeling about the surgery?

Zumbachica
04-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Jennifer: you did so much work!!! I bet you burned a TON of calories...and your house looks great to boot!!!

New week has started....I'm hoping I can stick to my program.....i'm tired of writing it out and having it starred out...I wonder why 3FC hates Isa gen ix so much but other programs are allowed to be mentioned on here......anyhoo i'm afraid to weigh in this morning so I won't. back to the grind today. Have to teach a zumba class and then I'm driving to the city and then stopping at my lawyers office to drop papers off....oy vey...this is aging me so much. Court on thursday....bleh.....only highlight of my week, my son's bday on Wednesday....he's growing up so fast....he doesn't want to go out to dinner, he wants japanese take out.....I plan on ordering something healthy.......and having only a sliver of cake......

I want to wish everyone here a good day and healthy week....we can do this ladies!!!!

Sum38
04-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Well my weekend was bad. I can't have wine, period. I did quite well all day yesterday, then dinner came and I had that open bottle of wine from nite prior and I told myself that I might as well and finish it before it goes bad...which I did and then my eating went crazy. So no more wine for me!

I did not dare to jump on that scale today :^: I will give myself a few day break from the scale and hope to get rid of this bloat.

Today I don't have to volunteer at the Finnish center, so it will be a double workout day. I will do my 5 mile walk this morning and gym early afternoon. I really don't have any other plans for the day; I think I will clean my house.

Sending :dust: to all!

newleaf123
04-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Quick checkin from phone. Had a good day yesterday. Up a little, but we went out for dinner and I ate a meal. No angst. Knew I would be up today, and know that it's no big deal. I do like this new found confidence.

Off to the basement to exercise. Have great days, everyone!

2FatCats
04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Afternoon All!

I am BAAACCCKKKKK! In the gym, that is! It felt amazing to finally be back after two weeks of recovery! No loss of strength, added a bit to my deadlifts and feel stronger already!
Now - sun is shining, off to take the dogs on a walk. Our normal 'nice weather' route is 3.5 miles. Not sure if my older girl can make that anymore. I may have to loop back by the house and drop her off. Poor thing, I know how it feels when your joints ache!

I changed my siggy - I think I have met my goal. *gulp* Feels kinda weird... I don't feel done , though.

Wishing all a happy and sunny OP day!

Sum38
04-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Congrats 2FatCats!! :cheer:

I can't wait to say those sinful words; "I am a maintainer!" It sounds delicious!

Jennifer1966
04-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Congrats 2FatCats!! That's amazing :)

newleaf123
04-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Fabulous, 2FatCats!! I love your new signature!! And also your new avatar -- cute!

Sum38
04-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Oh my goodness... I had sooo much idle time at my hands today. I did walk for 5 miles, clean my house, weigh lifted, run errands, made dinner, washed laundry, but I had no where to go today and it felt odd. I did my guilty pleasure today, surfed the web, a lot :o

guacamole
04-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Congrats on making goal 2FatCats! If I'm honest, I don't know if I will ever be able to say that. :(

I went for a 2 mile walk today, am within calorie range, but feeling sluggish. I just feel flabby and not my best. I don't know how to get back in the game. I haven't changed my ticker to a lower weight in many months. It's kind of scary.

Have a great evening, everyone!

junem
04-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Congrats 2fat Cats!!!

I was out of town for 9 days, and didn't overeat, but I guess it is hard to make progress without exercise. I may not get there by May 1.

Zumbachica
04-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Sum..I want your life!

Sum38
04-15-2013, 09:43 PM
LOL Zumba But get into trouble when idle!! I am sure I p1ssed off someone today :( :devil:

Sum38
04-15-2013, 10:32 PM
There are two things in this life that I hate doing/ being in middle of it...but love the outcome.

These two things, and I will say if any woman they say they LOVE IT; they all lie!!!!

I hate weight lifting. I hated being pregnant.

newleaf123
04-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Sum38 Really?? I loved being pregnant. No lie. Especially the first pregnancy when everything was all new. (I was lucky, my pregnancies were textbook easy)

Jennifer1966
04-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Sum: I'm with you--hated being pregnant. In fact, I had both my kids naturally with no meds, and I'd rather do that again than go through another pregnancy! I'm not so opinionated about weights because I don't really do them. I know I need to add strength training to my walking, but I can't seem to get motivated to start!

Well, today the seesaw that seems to be my weight was at 177.4. At the beginning of this journey I was losing a little everyday. Now I seem to be fluctuating all over the place. I'm trying not to be discourages though because its going down overall. It's never as fast as we would like, is it?

Sum38
04-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Heidi you did? I felt so big and clumsy; everything was so hard and my body just ached. I had two back to back pregnancies because I knew if I waited, we would only end up with one child.

Jennifer it seems like the less one has to lose, harder it gets :( I look at myself and even though I carry a lot of extra fat, it does not want to just melt off.

I am feeling yesterday's weight lifting session; this is a feeling I love :D -- I will be thankful at the end, that I incorporated toning into my routine right from the start. Because once this fat leaves, I hope there will be a hot bod left behind :) I apologize in advance because I will b1tch and moan about lifting...lol But I am too stubborn to stop doing it.

Zumbachica
04-16-2013, 09:12 AM
My first pregnancy was great and I loved being pregnant, my second pregnancy was HADES from beginning to delivery.....I can easily see how a woman can either love or hate being pregnant...at the end of the day if you had a healthy baby it is all worth it :smug:

As far as weight lifting goes it makes such a big difference in your body...I'm guilty of just doing cardio but over the years when I weight trained it made a big difference. Now that i"m older everything is mushy and saggy...I know that weight lifting is necessary, but sometimes I think if it will even make a difference. I always had a difficult time building muscle....people tell me that they stopped lifting because it was making their thighs too big...what? I wish......

SUM do you do machines at the gym or are you lifting free weights? Are you following a program a trainer made up for you or are you doing it on your own? The gym I want to go to to lift has a good circuit which takes the guess work out of lifting, although functional training is better. I'm surprised that you hate it, because I would rather lift weights than walk on the treadmill or use the elliptical.

newleaf123
04-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Even though I have a goal number in my ticker, a number on the scale has never been my goal. Instead, it has been to hit my 48th birthday, look back, and be able to say that 47 was the year that I turned things around. Well -- today I hit my goal!! Happy birthday to me!!

I'm 49 pounds lighter and have gone from a very very tight size 18 (should have been a 20) pants to a size 10. I've gone from having difficulty getting up off a deep couch to doing an 80-mile trek. I've gone from dreading having to find something to wear to an occasion to being delighted that I can choose something I like rather than something that fits. I definitely feel like I've turned things around! And, I've accepted that there is no end point. I don't get to meet my goal and be done. In fact, I have a new goal every day, which is to be able to say "I kept the weight off yesterday" Uggh to that LOL

Have a great day, everyone.

(Yeah, you may see this twice; I'm going to cross post it into the April chat)

Zumbachica
04-16-2013, 09:19 AM
GUAC: hang in there honey. my weight has either stayed stagnant or went up the past several months! Its so discouraging.....Im starting to lose a bit now but its still a see saw because my head isn't in the right place. Stress is making me eat. Not sure what the issue is with you, but try and visualize you being smaller, wearing something slinky this summer....I know that is what motivates me.. .... find what is going to give you that little push to make this happen!!!! You did this before, you can do it again!!!

Zumbachica
04-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Zumba then driving to the lawyers office......this has been the most stressful few weeks of my life, other than when my Dad had a stroke and was on life support. i'm trying so hard to have a normal life and do normal things (like worry about my weight) despite everything that is going on, but believe me it is so very hard. Thanks for being here every day ladies.....talking about this stuff may be trivial but I need a little bit of that in my life.....

Jennifer1966
04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Heidi: Congrats!! You are amazing--I cannot believe how far you have come!

Zumba: Hang in there. I can't imagine how hard it must be, but you will ger through it and be stronger for having overcome!

2FatCats
04-16-2013, 12:22 PM
I know it goes without me saying....I LOVE lifting free weights! Take some measureemnts now if you haven't already and compare in a month. Once you start to see the results, Sum, you can't help but love it!

But pregnant - nope. Hated it - gestational diabetic, high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia...with BOTH babies & induced 4 weeks early. *shudders* I had mine 18 months apart, too.

I really need to dredge up some before and afters but I just don't feel like the after yet. Wonder how long that takes and if it equals complacency and the beginning of old eating patterns and weight gain? Hmmm. must contemplate this....

Sum38
04-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Day2 and nothing to do...I am going crazy! Thankfully I am back to my volunteering tomorrow.

I am a bit scared. Once the kiddies leave the nest, what then? I have two degrees; finance and law....both are outdated because I have been gone from the working force for so long.

I LOVED being a stay at home mom, but what now?

guacamole
04-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Congrats Newleaf!

zumba - thanks so much for the encouragement. I think that it's been so long since I have been under 150 or 140 - I can't even visualize what that would look like anymore. I want to know!

sum - I have only been out of the work force for 2 years, but I already feel like my degree and work experience is outdated. Apparently, so do potential employers. In a way, that ok, because I want to change direction in my career anyway. For the moment, I am a stay at home mom, and my youngest is 7, so I have awhile to go.

I am glad to see that women are achieving their weight loss goals over 40. Makes me feel like, if I get my head in the right place, I can too.

2FatCats
04-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Sum & Guac:
I've been out of work force almost two years myself. But - my degree is in medieval history...kinda started 'out of date'...:D

And Congrats to Heidi! :carrot:

Sum38
04-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Either my computer is slow or 3FC's is having problems again.

I am really ashamed; I can't seem to get back OP; it has been 4 days :(.... I need to dig deep for that motivation I had last week and I need to get it back. -- Hopefully my ovulation has ended; I think those darn hormones make me eat :mad:

I have not dared to jump on that scale.... I know the gain is, mostly, water weight, but I am not ready to face it...what if I put on 6 pounds in 4 days, that would totally destroy me.

Thankfully I have a busy day ahead of me, volunteering, then gym and finally 5 mile walk...that should keep me away from the fridge. These last two idle days were killers.

Sorry to be such a downer today!! BUT it is a new day and I need to forgive myself and move on.

mboo
04-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Well I Made This Goal......I Also Made It Too 1Derland!!

Jennifer1966
04-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Mboo: YAY!! Way to go! That's amazing!

Sum: Definitely time to forgive yourself. Everyone falls off the wagon! Maybe a totally new career is the cards for you? It might be fun to try something completely different.

2FatCats: I'm looking forward to the pics! I'm sure you look fantastic--your brain just needs to catch up with your body!

I was a little leery of getting on scale today, because I managed to eat myself almost sick with Jolly Rancher jelly beans last night. At least they are gone now ;) I was at 177.2 though, so down .2 from yesterday and back to where I was 4 days ago. I keep thinking TOM should be here, but not sure what is going on. Last year when I lost some weight I stalled at 176 and never got any lower. I am determined not to let that happen again!

guacamole
04-17-2013, 02:44 PM
sum - I am right there with you. I walked 2 miles today - 1st mile was fine, but 2nd mile back was in the pouring rain. Ugh! At least I got some movement in today. However, my eating still isn't on track, my rings are tight, and I feel bloated.

mboo - Congrats! :carrot:

Jennifer1966 - I know all about stalls. You seem to be in a good place to lose weight mentally. It's all about the attitude. I know it, but now I need to live it.

Sum38
04-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Today is definitely going better :cheers: I feel like a bloated pig, though.

I tallied up my calories for the past 4 days. Highest was 2600 in and 2400 out. The other three days were around 2300/2400 in and 2300 out. -- I have kept up my water consumption, anywhere from 9-15 glasses per day...and it ain't coming out :lol3: My socks are leaving nasty marks, my rings hurt to wear, my face looks bloated and I just feel that every cell in my body is filled with water.

So mathematically I only should have gained a few oz... I will face the scale tomorrow morning and see what the damage is. I will cry like a baby if it is anywhere near 165.

I seem to be very sensitive to carbs and salt.

Another thing; my hormones. My cycle is so unpredictable; sometimes it is 28 days and other times 38 days. It is hard to predict those hormonal weight fluctuations. :( UGH!!