Old 03-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 326/SEE TRACKER/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Confession

I decided to have dinner for lunch today, I went to Sizzler. Did the salad bar thing (took my own dressing, loaded my salad with vegetables and about 6oz meat (shredded pork). It was delicious...........then, I just couldn't resist the chicken (3 wingettes). I did remove all of the skin and fat. I also had crab salad (carefully wiped all of the sauce off the crab, I only had two little pieces). But now I feel bad.

Last edited by MSDEEDEE23; 03-15-2013 at 04:27 PM.
MSDEEDEE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #2  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

looking at your numbers girl, don't feel toooo bad! My coach actually suggested to me that if I'm going to "cheat" at a restaurant, it's better to do it with meat than anything else, doesn't sound like you did too much damage. I have the oposite problem, before IP, I was almost a vegetarian and now I feel like I'm cheating when I sit down to 8oz of meat, lol!!
Drink more water, and relax, remember, stress causes us to hang on to fat too, so let it go!! and next time, go to a different restaurant that isn't as yummy, lol
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

The important thing here is recognizing where you let go of the steering wheel. Diet-wise you probably won't have an issue with your losses. But the key here is that you couldn't resist. Reality? You could...but didn't. The BEST thing you can take away from this is not feeling guilty/bad about what happened - but figuring out WHY it happened. It will be a valuable tool once you are in maintenance.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #4  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Wow, look at you and how far you've come!! Your numbers and your picture are amazing! Those are not the numbers of someone who can't buckle down and get right back on track. Don't let it fester in your mind, that's your challenge now . . . you sure look like a winner to me.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

MSDEEDEE23....you have had amazing losses on your diet. Congrats. So ya you messed up a little....forgive yourself and get right back OP. The trick is to not let yourself spiral from here. One deviation from the plan can not let you give yourself permission to keep deviating and really cause some damage...LOL
Chin up pretty lady. And I value your honesty and the fact that you feel bad leads me to believe you are gonna be just fine!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #6  

Thanks Ladies... I had a weak moment, but I knew how far to go. I know I'll be okay.

@scorbett, that's the scary part, I'm so close to my goal, maintenance FRIGHTENS me.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSDEEDEE23 View Post
Thanks Ladies... I had a weak moment, but I knew how far to go. I know I'll be okay.

@scorbett, that's the scary part, I'm so close to my goal, maintenance FRIGHTENS me.
You have done an amazing job! And that takes real strength. The same strength that will carry you in maintenance. You do have to banish the ideas that you CAN'T resist something - you ARE strong enough to resist if you want to. And you're smart about what is best for your body, so you can make thoughtful decisions about what you will and won't eat.

What I have learned is that I just have to be VERY aware of what is going on when it comes to me and food. I can't be thoughtless about anything. As hard as that may sound, it also means that I will never let food snake its way back into the driver's seat - if I'm in control of my choices, I'm the only one calling the shots, not the food.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #8  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
You have done an amazing job! And that takes real strength. The same strength that will carry you in maintenance. You do have to banish the ideas that you CAN'T resist something - you ARE strong enough to resist if you want to. And you're smart about what is best for your body, so you can make thoughtful decisions about what you will and won't eat.

What I have learned is that I just have to be VERY aware of what is going on when it comes to me and food. I can't be thoughtless about anything. As hard as that may sound, it also means that I will never let food snake its way back into the driver's seat - if I'm in control of my choices, I'm the only one calling the shots, not the food.
I second this wholeheartedly!

I've been low-carb for years because of diabetes, so even though I didn't really lose a LOT of weight before IP, I was in constant maintenance and healthy eating to keep from getting worse.

I know from having been in maintenance for almost 8 years, there is a definite difference between "I can't stop myself" and "I'm going to have 3 chicken wings and a little crab salad." It should not lead to guilt if it's a conscious decision that you make with the knowledge that it's higher in calories/fat/carbs, whatever.

You have to fix your mindset before you get to maintenance so you know the difference. Don't give in to the I can't stop myself thoughts, but you can make decisions to have a treat now and then. And to train yourself that it IS now and then, not an everyday or often thing. For me, I ate healthy 6 out of 7 days, and my family and I would eat out once a week for family night. Usually buffet or some other all you can eat type thing. I still made healthy choices, but the calories were higher, of course, and there might be a few bites of pie or ice cream at the end.

Keep up the great work. You've come so far! You should be very very proud.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #9  

Thanks, I needed that!!!! I am so glad I joined this site.