Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 3/15/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 3/15/2013

lisa32989
03-15-2013, 06:20 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Donna Gel
03-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Woke up with a headache this morning. This is the first one I have had since the first few days on IP. I normally get a lot of headaches.

I have tried other diets before and some have been successful in getting the weight off while starving myself. I am losing the weight so differently than I ever have in the past, for one I am not starving, but my shape is differentas well.

I tried on another dress last night since my target outfit already fits. This dress should not fit me at this size, but it does, I still have to lose a few inches on top, story of me life, but the rest of it fits.

I have an hourglass figure and I am still losing proportionally, as I always seemed to have in the past, but my shape is still different.

Oh and no cellulite! :carrot:

ragdoll74
03-15-2013, 08:25 AM
TGIF!!!

I'm looking forward to a nice weekend of relaxing. Having some friends over tomorrow night for games and pizza. I think I'll have grilled chicken and roasted veggies while everyone else eats the pizza.

WorldTraveleronIP
03-15-2013, 08:33 AM
TGIF!!!

I'm looking forward to a nice weekend of relaxing. Having some friends over tomorrow night for games and pizza. I think I'll have grilled chicken and roasted veggies while everyone else eats the pizza.

Wow; you are brave. Do you reach a point where it isn't tempting? I would force my company to eat what I am (only I would add pasta or rice). We have company coming for dinner on Saturday, so I suggested grilled salmon, asparagus spears and salad (I added brown rice for the guests).

mquinn106
03-15-2013, 08:38 AM
TGIF is right! My best friend and I are going to Skype a cooking session/dinner tomorrow night. She's also on IP and stuck in a rut with the meals. So I came up with the idea to find a new recipe and cook "together"...gotta love technology! We're making a salmon dish with arugula salad, much needed in this 20 degree weather, spring has got to come soon! Have a great day everyone!

lisa32989
03-15-2013, 08:38 AM
TGIF!!!

Some tomato sauce with Italian spices & some mushrooms on top & you've got a "chicken pizza"! Have fun with your friends!

jmuroff1
03-15-2013, 08:45 AM
what's up with this "ideal complete" and meal replacements im hearin about?

ragdoll74
03-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Wow; you are brave. Do you reach a point where it isn't tempting? I would force my company to eat what I am (only I would add pasta or rice). We have company coming for dinner on Saturday, so I suggested grilled salmon, asparagus spears and salad (I added brown rice for the guests).

Your dinner sounds really nice.

I like the convenience of ordering pizza for a casual dinner. No pots and pans to clean up. =) Plus my friends live in the country, and they don't have the good Chicago style pizza that we get by my house. Ordering pizza is a win-win for me.

I don't know if tempting is the right word for me. It's more like I reached a point where I could think rationally about foods. I know that I do enjoy eating pizza, I just am not eating it now because it will not help me get to goal.

I can still enjoy how good it smells. :)I'm sure when I get to maintenance I'll have it again for one of my weekly anything goes meal. Probably not that often though.

Some tomato sauce with Italian spices & some mushrooms on top & you've got a "chicken pizza"! Have fun with your friends!

Thanks! That's sounds really good. I might have to rethink my dinner plan for myself.

A1Texan
03-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Well another WI this morning and I continue with my 2 pound loss pace. My body must have this vendetta against losing more than 2 pounds a week. :D

lisa32989
03-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Well another WI this morning and I continue with my 2 pound loss pace. My body must have this vendetta against losing more than 2 pounds a week. :D
Slow and steady wins the race. Embrace the tortoise. I don't think the hare finished, did he? (And btw, 2 lbs isn't really slow, just steady!)

A1Texan
03-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Slow and steady wins the race. Embrace the tortoise. I don't think the hare finished, did he? (And btw, 2 lbs isn't really slow, just steady!)
Thanks Lisa. I don't really mind too much now that everyone is coming up to me saying "WOW". Every day someone comments on the way I look. I'm headed to my family reunion at Easter and none of them has seen me since last summer. I can't wait. The covered dishes I'm taking are a Jicama & Cinnamon Spice Dessert and sauteed veggies. This will go along with the BBQ Chicken they will have, so I'm all set with the menu.

Hugs to everyone for their support through this journey. :hug:

jeffiner
03-15-2013, 09:19 AM
we orderdd pizza last night. my kids picked all the vegies off the top and gave them to me. It was great, I ate veggies and lets be honest there was some sauce and cheese stuck to them, a miniscule amount but I still tasted pizza..I wouldnt do that very often but it made me part of it!

Cheekyskeeter
03-15-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm so glad it's finally Friday!!! I'm meeting my niece after work today for a ride on our horses but of course in my mad dash to prepare lunch for myself this morning I forgot my bag of riding clothes. Thankfully I'm wearing jeans (ok honestly I work in a casual office so I'm almost always wearing jeans) but I hate riding in jeans.....I'm hopeful I have my spare pair of riding boots in my car otherwise I'll just be watching her.

anyasolomon
03-15-2013, 09:32 AM
I am super annoyed, went for my official WI this morning only to have lost 1.8lbs from last weeks WI. This is my lowest since i have been OP for the past 7 weeks. #miserable:?:

I am seriously revamping my focus and will go back to measuring rigidly my cups and my ounces on everything!

IP190
03-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Almost didn't start today because I still have Easter candy and a few birthday cupcakes left. Eep! Thankfully my first IP meal of the day doesn't taste bad at all! I've done this diet before so I know all I have to do is stick out the first week and I'll be just fine.

My WIs are more than likely going to be ... well, not WI's, Measure Ins! I have no scale, just a measuring ribbon. I won't obsess over my weight as much this weigh I think.

Hope everyone is having a lovely morning/day!

mrskuby
03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
I am super annoyed, went for my official WI this morning only to have lost 1.8lbs from last weeks WI. This is my lowest since i have been OP for the past 7 weeks. #miserable:?:

I am seriously revamping my focus and will go back to measuring rigidly my cups and my ounces on everything!

relax...you can't lose huge amounts every week. Bottom line...look at the average...I lost 28 lbs in 12 weeks so I lost 9 lbs a month...2.25 lbs a week. I didn't actually lose that amount every week, sometimes more, sometimes less. I lost 4.4 last week and 0.0 this week...it all averages out. So again I say, RELAX. :yoga:

mrskuby
03-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Funny NSV last night...I realized that my undies are getting too big! DH says, "Damn those always looked so good on your bum!" ROFL...so now I gotta visit Victoria's Secret...bummer (not)! :D

IPdivajen
03-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi all - happy Friday!!

mrskuby - yay for big undies! Happy shopping! :)

anya - sorry you had a lower week but they do happen and it's all getting you one step closer to your end goal, right?

Big hellos to everyone else. I'm very excited because in addition to being Friday, today's my first phase 2 day. That's right, I'm phasing out! Very very exciting. Lunch will be delicious!

M35A2
03-15-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm headed to my family reunion at Easter and none of them has seen me since last summer.

I'm actually headed to a wake tomorrow for a friend's mom (very Irish family - he was actually born in Dublin). There will be a lot of friends there that haven't seen me since January. While 23lbs isn't gigantic, where I've lost it makes it more noticable. Since it's mostly guys I'm not expecting a lot of comments but imagine I'll get at least 1 or 2.

Cheekyskeeter
03-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Congrats IPdivajen and good luck! Two weeks today will be my first P2 day.

lisa32989
03-15-2013, 10:33 AM

"only" is a four-letter-word around here.
Let's reframe for a moment.
REALLY? Miserable?
Did you GAIN?
THAT. would make me closer to miserable (but I'd still have to evaluate whether I were constipated or had ingested more sodium or anything else that could have made me retain)
How were your measurements?
Your scale is headed in the right direction and this needs to be celebrated.
Attitude adjustment time!

Cheekyskeeter
03-15-2013, 10:42 AM
I agree anything that is down from last WI is reason to celebrate! Honestly I weigh myself pretty much every morning but the number on the scale NEVER gets me down. Some days it has been up, other days it stays the same for 3 or 4 days but I never worry as I know I'm following the plan exactly the way it's supposed to be. I step on the scale really just out of curiosity and it's something I will probably continue to do into maintenance. I've lost weight in the past on other diets and never maintained it. I rarely would weigh myself as I didn't want to see the number and then when I'd finally step on the scale it had jumped so drastically that I would almost give up trying to fix it. Daily weighing is one way I plan to keep myself motivated and OP...even when I'm not on P1 any more.

cbl70
03-15-2013, 10:49 AM
IPdivajen,
Congrats on starting phase 2. I've been following your progress since I joined in August. You are AMAZING!

lisa32989
03-15-2013, 10:52 AM
IPdivajen,
Congrats on starting phase 2. I've been following your progress since I joined in August. You are AMAZING!
I'll second that!!!

countrychic
03-15-2013, 10:56 AM
When I was getting ready for bed last night, I noticed that my face looks a lot slimmer! When I first started IP 6 weeks ago, I noticed I lost a fair bit in my belly and thighs....but last night I was like "whoa I almost have cheekbones again!"

It's so nice to be able to see it somewhere where baggy winter clothes don't hide the changes :)

leannekarella
03-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi all - happy Friday!!

Big hellos to everyone else. I'm very excited because in addition to being Friday, today's my first phase 2 day. That's right, I'm phasing out! Very very exciting. Lunch will be delicious!

Congrats!!!!

IPdivajen
03-15-2013, 11:09 AM
When I was getting ready for bed last night, I noticed that my face looks a lot slimmer! When I first started IP 6 weeks ago, I noticed I lost a fair bit in my belly and thighs....but last night I was like "whoa I almost have cheekbones again!"

It's so nice to be able to see it somewhere where baggy winter clothes don't hide the changes :)

Yes! Cheekbones!! Have you rediscovered your collarbones yet? That was a trip for me!! Still is! :)

And thanks, everyone. Feels great to be in this place.

evepet
03-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi all - happy Friday!!

mrskuby - yay for big undies! Happy shopping! :)

anya - sorry you had a lower week but they do happen and it's all getting you one step closer to your end goal, right?

Congratulations IPdivajen!! :carrot:

evepet
03-15-2013, 11:21 AM
I agree anything that is down from last WI is reason to celebrate! Honestly I weigh myself pretty much every morning but the number on the scale NEVER gets me down. Some days it has been up, other days it stays the same for 3 or 4 days but I never worry as I know I'm following the plan exactly the way it's supposed to be. I step on the scale really just out of curiosity and it's something I will probably continue to do into maintenance. I've lost weight in the past on other diets and never maintained it. I rarely would weigh myself as I didn't want to see the number and then when I'd finally step on the scale it had jumped so drastically that I would almost give up trying to fix it. Daily weighing is one way I plan to keep myself motivated and OP...even when I'm not on P1 any more.

ITA! You just described my past behaviour exactly. Only I've been doing that for about 30 years longer than you. :hug: Like you, in the past I never got into the habit of regularly weighing myself. It's a new habit for me to check every am now, right after getting up. Regular weighing is definitely going to be a new lifestyle habit for maintenance.

IP190
03-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Less than two hours since I ate breakfast and I'm starving already ... It's so hard to resist cooking some of the food we have in the freezer (that are definitely not IP approved!). I'm cleaning the entire apartment to keep my mind off of food!

TNmom
03-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Shout out time!!!!

Dear Miss Calisto I would give you a big :hug: if I could. The pancakes were the bomb! Looking forward to Sunday mornings and making the family French toast, while I enjoy my pancakes!

leannekarella
Less than two hours since I ate breakfast and I'm starving already ... It's so hard to resist cooking some of the food we have in the freezer (that are definitely not IP approved!). I'm cleaning the entire apartment to keep my mind off of food!

Warm tea helps. Anything hot seems to feel more filling.
Remember your lettuce...eat it to "fill the hole"
And you really don't want to be too active day one. Heck, I spent the first three days in bed!

lisa32989
Have some hot herbal tea & find something to keep you occupied...clean, get outside, drink more water. The hunger does last a few days but when ketosis kicks in, it is an appetite supressant!
In addition, it is about re-learning behaviors. We are so used to grabbing food/snacks whenever we feel like it so then we are hyper-aware that we can no longer do that. This passes, as well but it IS an uncomfortable few days.

Jujubie
03-15-2013, 11:36 AM
IP190 try some tea, it definitely helps with the hunger pains.

IP190
03-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Warm tea helps. Anything hot seems to feel more filling.
Remember your lettuce...eat it to "fill the hole"
And you really don't want to be too active day one. Heck, I spent the first three days in bed!

Right now I'm working off of a really tight budget, so no extra lettuce! But as soon as I get my SNAP benefits I'll be able to afford more lettuce.

Have some hot herbal tea & find something to keep you occupied...clean, get outside, drink more water. The hunger does last a few days but when ketosis kicks in, it is an appetite supressant!
In addition, it is about re-learning behaviors. We are so used to grabbing food/snacks whenever we feel like it so then we are hyper-aware that we can no longer do that. This passes, as well but it IS an uncomfortable few days.
Yes, I remember the first time I did IP the first few days were horrible ... but since I HAVE done this before I know it will pass. I just have to stay 100% OP and I'll make it through! And yes, before I even made my first meal of the day I was suddenly wanting to eat everything in the house. Can't wait for the ketosis. Now that I can't eat to ease my "boredom", though, I'll probably be a lot more productive. Thank goodness for that~

IP190 try some tea, it definitely helps with the hunger pains.
Thanks for the tea suggestions! I just bought a few Brita filtered squeeze bottles and they get here today, so once the water gets cold I'll be able to drink all the water my stomach can handle.

kellyrn
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Hello all! New member and this is my first post!

1st WI today = -7lbs!

Very excited and motivated! Now if I could just learn to love the broccoli and cheese soup.......

jmuroff1
03-15-2013, 12:01 PM
what's up with this "ideal complete" and meal replacements im hearin about?

scorbett1103
03-15-2013, 12:06 PM

I kinda set myself up from the beginning that I wasn't going to "force" the people around me to diet alongside me. This is MY journey, and other than seeking out recipes that would satisfy everyone's palate, I didn't sweat it when they were eating what I couldn't have. It will ALWAYS be tempting - so I looked at it as a lesson in willpower and putting food in its place (in other words, not letting the food be in control!). Even in maintenance, that pizza looks great - but I still can't have a slice just because everyone else is (fun day food only!) - and I learned how to deal with that temptation in Phase 1.

Lisa summed it up. But you lost nearly 2lbs - that is pretty darn close to the correct average losses per week that you SHOULD be seeing!

It's been said here repeatedly - but weight loss is NOT a linear process. It is not a straight, constant downward drop. Your body is going to try and stabilize itself along the way. You might have an illness, injury, or hormonal time where your body retains some water. Or you might just have one of "those" weeks where the scale is holding off its reward for your diligence. It is ALL part of the process.

Get the word "ONLY" out of your vocabulary. Loss is loss. Whether it's inches lost, pounds lost, or both - it's all headed in the right direction.

benice
03-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Does anyone else do Ideal to Go? I've gotten a few emails from them that seem to indicate that they are no longer related to IP. Am I misunderstanding? Perhaps this is a brick and mortar place that is switching from all IP products? They are offering me self branded "Ideal to Go" products. Just curious if any of you have seen this...
http://www.idealtogo.com/aboutITG2.html

countrychic
03-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes! Cheekbones!! Have you rediscovered your collarbones yet? That was a trip for me!! Still is! :)

And thanks, everyone. Feels great to be in this place.

Oh yes, the collarbones are starting to reappear too! So nice to see these changes happening!

newday2013
03-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Just had my first weigh in and wanted to anounce it to you guys, but can't seem to figure out how to navigate this site well...or is it because I haven't been here for 20 days that I can't start a new thread?
Hugs,
Christine

Spiritman
03-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Happy Friday.

Scale victory for the DW at last night's WI she is down 0.5 pounds but is starting her TOM so she is quite happy, that and the fact she is seeing visible changes to her body due to losing weight.

Jumped on the scale and it is moving down - not worried about the exact number jsut glad to see it is moving downward.

Checked my work email last night and there was message asking me to see the president this morning. So spent all night worrying about it. All for nothing because he just wanted to know if I would be interested in expanding my role within the college - on a temporary basis - excellent a bit more job security for a little while. Good deal. The only frustrating thing today is my bloody pants will barely stay up. Last hole on the belt has been used, pants will no longer fit and if I'm not careful someone walking behind me or walking towards me might be getting an eye full if the pants slip entirely off my hips.

lisa32989
03-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Just had my first weigh in and wanted to anounce it to you guys, but can't seem to figure out how to navigate this site well...or is it because I haven't been here for 20 days that I can't start a new thread?
Hugs,
Christine

This is the perfect place to announce it
If you look at the guidelines for starting new threads, a lot of people are starting unneeded threads

newday2013
03-15-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm so glad it's finally Friday!!! I'm meeting my niece after work today for a ride on our horses but of course in my mad dash to prepare lunch for myself this morning I forgot my bag of riding clothes. Thankfully I'm wearing jeans (ok honestly I work in a casual office so I'm almost always wearing jeans) but I hate riding in jeans.....I'm hopeful I have my spare pair of riding boots in my car otherwise I'll just be watching her.

Hello from Sudbury, Ontario, where are you in Ontario?

newday2013
03-15-2013, 12:46 PM
This is the perfect place to announce it
If you look at the guidelines for starting new threads, a lot of people are starting unneeded threads

Gotcha! Okay, well...I lost 7lbs and 7 inches!!!!
Back to work Monday, got an extra box of drinks to keep on my desk in case I get weak, I teach gym and dance to little guys so I'm thinking I'll need a boost sometimes! My coach says I'd better have them handy rather than head to the staff room starving and being tempted by all the goodies that are there (seems it's always somebody's birthday; cake).
Hugs,
Christine

lisa32989
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Gotcha! Okay, well...I lost 7lbs and 7 inches!!!!
Back to work Monday, got an extra box of drinks to keep on my desk in case I get weak, I teach gym and dance to little guys so I'm thinking I'll need a boost sometimes!
Woo hoo! Fabulous first-week WI
And you are right, having emergency packs around is very important. I have them in my desk at work, in my car, in DH's car, and in my purse. I used one on Monday when I ran out for a facial before a late breakfast. They had openings for mani/pedi so I stayed but that was gonna stretch it with no food. Grabbed a pack from my car, shook it in a bottle of water, and all was good.

newday2013
03-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Shout out time!!!!

Dear Miss Calisto I would give you a big :hug: if I could. The pancakes were the bomb! Looking forward to Sunday mornings and making the family French toast, while I enjoy my pancakes!

Okay, so I gotta ask...how do I make these fantastic pancakes...

Cheekyskeeter
03-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Great weigh in newday!! I too keep extra packs at work and in my car just in case.

lol Spiritman sounds like it's time to get a new belt (or punch another hole in it). I have a pair of pj bottoms that I wear around the house that have become WAY too big on me. One of my dogs loves to run up behind us and poke us (he wants cookies). He's almost pulled my pants down more times then I can count...think it's time to replace my fav jammies

Like you Scorbett I'm not forcing my family etc to eat what I eat. My hubby prepares our meals and has been cooking whatever I tell him to. He eats what I eat but by his choice not mine.... but will sometimes add in a potato or rice for himself and his daughter. He's had a lot of comments about his weight loss which he loves but he's not able/willing to come onboard full time. He's a police officer and I've heard about some of his lunches and they are not only NOT OP they will never be part of my life again.

Hello from Sudbury, Ontario, where are you in Ontario?

Hey there! I live just west of Toronto.

ladylunk
03-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Hello all! New member and this is my first post!

1st WI today = -7lbs!

Very excited and motivated! Now if I could just learn to love the broccoli and cheese soup.......

That's great. Keep up the good work. I am not a fan of the soups at all. Had the mushroom could not get down and tasted most of the others from when my husband tried them and nope they are not for me. Lot's of people seem to love them, but I can't do it. There are lot's of other choices, but also tastes do change so you might eventually like them. Or make your own OP soup! I have done that for supper. I like asian inspired chicken and prawn soup.

newday2013
03-15-2013, 01:53 PM
That's great. Keep up the good work. I am not a fan of the soups at all. Had the mushroom could not get down and tasted most of the others from when my husband tried them and nope they are not for me. Lot's of people seem to love them, but I can't do it. There are lot's of other choices, but also tastes do change so you might eventually like them. Or make your own OP soup! I have done that for supper. I like asian inspired chicken and prawn soup.

Agreed about the soup, I use it more as a sauce...example, yesterday I made IP soy patties (chicken would work too) in a big pan, covered them with the IP broccolli soup and let it simmer for 5 min. Then I added: green onions, 2 cup of broccolli 2 cups of cauliflower, simmered another 5min and voila! 2 lunches in one. I packed up one patty and half the veggie/sauce mixture for the next day and it was even better warmed up. That and a salad and I was full.

newday2013
03-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Woo hoo! Fabulous first-week WI
And you are right, having emergency packs around is very important. I have them in my desk at work, in my car, in DH's car, and in my purse. I used one on Monday when I ran out for a facial before a late breakfast. They had openings for mani/pedi so I stayed but that was gonna stretch it with no food. Grabbed a pack from my car, shook it in a bottle of water, and all was good.

Is there a way to do a search in the recipes? I'm looking for one that turned the cereal into yummy pancakes?

newday2013
03-15-2013, 02:00 PM

looks like you're going to reach your goal!!! Where you going on vacation?

countrychic
03-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Is there a way to do a search in the recipes? I'm looking for one that turned the cereal into yummy pancakes?

for searching, you can use the search feature on the purple bar at the top of the page (where User CP, New Posts, Quick Links etc. is located)...or, I use google :)

The cereal pancakes are yummy.

crush the pkg of cereal (I use a glass rolled on top)
Mix in: 1/4c egg whites, 1/4tsp vanilla, 1/4tsp baking powder
Can add cinnamin, nutmeg or whatever your choice is....personally, I add some WF choc. sauce for a yummy chocolate taste.

Cook on a skillet/pan like a pancake, and you're good to go!

Donna Gel
03-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Happy Friday.

The only frustrating thing today is my bloody pants will barely stay up. Last hole on the belt has been used, pants will no longer fit and if I'm not careful someone walking behind me or walking towards me might be getting an eye full if the pants slip entirely off my hips.

You will be right in fashion with the kids. Wrap the belt around twice and start again. :0

TNmom
03-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Okay, so I gotta ask...how do I make these fantastic pancakes...

** Here is the recipe she gave me **
this is how I make the pancakes with Crispy Cereal

Crispy Cereal Pancakes
IP Non-Restricted Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up
2 egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste (I do not like the nutmeg in mine)

Directions:

Mix together in small bowl the following; egg whites, 1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following; 1/4 tsp baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine. (some recipes I have seen call for a little water, I have never used any)

Cook in pan as you would pancakes.

Serve with Walden Farms Syrup, enjoy!

Donna Gel
03-15-2013, 02:17 PM

Go to Pinterest and search for Ideal Protein Pancakes.

newday2013
03-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Go to Pinterest and search for Ideal Protein Pancakes.

Thanks for the pancake recipe, agree, google seems easier and hello fellow Pinterester! I just started a IP page for myself to put all the tips all in one place.
I go back to work Monday, my IP box (pretty tin for hearbal tea, 5 lunches, 5 snacks and 5 emerg drinks) is already labelled and at the door, LOL!!!
Oh, and the case of water is in the van...

SylviesGirl
03-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Like you Scorbett I'm not forcing my family etc to eat what I eat. My hubby prepares our meals and has been cooking whatever I tell him to. He eats what I eat but by his choice not mine.... but will sometimes add in a potato or rice for himself and his daughter. He's had a lot of comments about his weight loss which he loves but he's not able/willing to come onboard full time. He's a police officer and I've heard about some of his lunches and they are not only NOT OP they will never be part of my life again.

I find it actually helps me not to overlap with m family too much. They will sometimes have the same protein and veg as me, but they will supplement with some kind of starch. Other nights, they will have pizza or something else way off program for me, and that is more than okay with me. I would feel too much pressure if my program was affecting them too much. In fact, I bought them a pie yesterday for Pi day and it did us all some good to see that they are still able to enjoy the things that they can enjoy (they both have great metabolisms) and that I don't hold them back.

I decided at the beginning of this journey that I am not going to go off program no matter what, so I am not even discussing it with myself. If I feel my mind start to wander down that path, I shut it right down and tell myself that I'm not even discussing it. Works so far.

Great weigh-ins and nsv's everyone!

It is so nice here today, I am grilling up some chicken and zucchini for myself for future easy meals.

GreatLakes86
03-15-2013, 04:32 PM
For those people who are struggling trying to re-frame their state of mind regarding small scale losses when they've lost inches:

Keep in mind that unless you announce to the world what you weigh, when people compliment your weight loss it is because they noticed the inches you've lost. Personally, I could care less what the scale says. The inches are what I care about. And every measurement that gets reduced is a victory...regardless of how large that reduction is. I am happy as long as something got smaller each week. And like Scorbett has said...sometimes the things that get smaller aren't things that your coach is measuring. Are your rings and bracelets fitting looser? Shoes don't pinch? Maybe your face is thinning out?

IdealProteinNewbie
03-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Have you rediscovered your collarbones yet?

Yes, sooo exciting :D

Congrats on phasing off Shannon...very happy for you!

newday2013
03-15-2013, 04:47 PM
For those people who are struggling trying to re-frame their state of mind regarding small scale losses when they've lost inches:

Keep in mind that unless you announce to the world what you weigh, when people compliment your weight loss it is because they noticed the inches you've lost. Personally, I could care less what the scale says. The inches are what I care about. And every measurement that gets reduced is a victory...regardless of how large that reduction is. I am happy as long as something got smaller each week. And like Scorbett has said...sometimes the things that get smaller aren't things that your coach is measuring. Are your rings and bracelets fitting looser? Shoes don't pinch? Maybe your face is thinning out?

And don't forget, the energy!!! After one week, I cannot believe how much better I feel, no mid afternoon crashes, no yawning at the dinner table, just wonderful!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Coach told me today that taking IP's Omega's are now a mandatory part of the protocol, along with the multi, potassium and cal-mag...anyone else hear that?

Nibblet
03-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Coach told me today that taking IP's Omega's are now a mandatory part of the protocol, along with the multi, potassium and cal-mag...anyone else hear that?

I've never been told that the Omega's are mandatory and I ask a lot of questions to my coach. And I was in there just two weeks ago and asked if there was anything new.

Also, congrats to all the WI's today, you all did great! This is the only place I know where we all love being losers!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-15-2013, 05:41 PM
I've never been told that the Omega's are mandatory and I ask a lot of questions to my coach. And I was in there just two weeks ago and asked if there was anything new.

She said they are mandating them starting within the next couple weeks.

aliboo723
03-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Another 2.2 down! 22.2 total! :carrot::carrot:

IP190
03-15-2013, 06:05 PM
What is this about Omegas? I guess the program has changed since I first did it ... When I did this the first time around we only had to take the Potassium Calcium, Multi-Vita, and Cal/Mag by Natura ... nothing about Omegas D: Should I be taking something different?

IdealProteinNewbie
03-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Don't know any details other than my coach told me today they are making the Omega's a mandatory part of the protocol within the next few weeks.

If I hear anything else I'll post it.

newday2013
03-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Another 2.2 down! 22.2 total! :carrot::carrot:

Awesome!!!

newday2013
03-15-2013, 06:25 PM
She said they are mandating them starting within the next couple weeks.

I was taking Evening of Primrose oil before IP...wonder if I'll have to take another?
Going to the movies tonight, bringing: kale "chips" and soya nuts and of course water...my BFF is coming too, so she said she wouldn't eat popcorn :)
My first week, so treading lightly...you know how good movie popcorn smells...wish me luck!!

aliboo723
03-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks! :hug: I'm super excited!:D

lovetorun3
03-15-2013, 06:29 PM
TGIF is right! My best friend and I are going to Skype a cooking session/dinner tomorrow night. She's also on IP and stuck in a rut with the meals. So I came up with the idea to find a new recipe and cook "together"...gotta love technology! We're making a salmon dish with arugula salad, much needed in this 20 degree weather, spring has got to come soon! Have a great day everyone!

What a great idea! Have fun!!!:D

lovetorun3
03-15-2013, 06:30 PM
I was taking Evening of Primrose oil before IP...wonder if I'll have to take another?
Going to the movies tonight, bringing: kale "chips" and soya nuts and of course water...my BFF is coming too, so she said she wouldn't eat popcorn :)
My first week, so treading lightly...you know how good movie popcorn smells...wish me luck!!

Good luck ~ you'll do great! :D

billbrown72
03-15-2013, 06:35 PM
wi this morning...8.5 pnds this week....down 19 since start....68 more to go

leannekarella
03-15-2013, 07:13 PM

Good plan. I do fine at the movies as long as I sneak in my own healthy munchies. Good way to plan ahead! :D

leannekarella
03-15-2013, 07:15 PM

Oh, see, this would really get my goat if I was seeing my coach on a regular basis... They want SO much for their brand of omegas when I use one my Dr told me to take which costs way less.

Donna Gel
03-15-2013, 07:21 PM
I decided at the beginning of this journey that I am not going to go off program no matter what, so I am not even discussing it with myself. If I feel my mind start to wander down that path, I shut it right down and tell myself that I'm not even discussing it. Works so far.

I had this conversation with myself as well, except there was some nasty things said and a few punches thrown. :) Seriously, I decided before I took this step that, if I was going to do this, I would do it 100%, and I have. Except for a non fat latte in the first week.

As I shared this morning, my body is reshaping itself almost. I fit into a dress that at this weight shouldn't fit me.

Calisto
03-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Shout out time!!!!

Dear Miss Calisto I would give you a big if I could. The pancakes were the bomb! Looking forward to Sunday mornings and making the family French toast, while I enjoy my pancakes!

Yea! Are they soooo good!? It's my "treat" on the weekend since I can't make them when I go to work! Even Hubby oh Phase 4 tries to steal them from me!

If anyone wants to follow me on Pinterest where I try and pin IP friendly recipes either with or without packets search by Pinners for Kara Larson, my picture is the fiesty looking little girl with the pink streak in her hair! lol

LizJazz
03-15-2013, 09:26 PM
How do I calculate calories from fat?

scorbett1103
03-15-2013, 10:06 PM
How do I calculate calories from fat?

The side of any product will have the nutritional value of the food - including total calories and calories from fat.

But if you want to do the math yourself, each gram of fat is worth about 9 calories.

rubygirl05
03-15-2013, 10:29 PM
1st weigh-in today....9.2 pounds down and 4 inches lost. Woo-hoo!!

I purchased the chocolate drink, plain egg omelette, peanut bars, and mushroom soup (I use it as a sauce on chicken over cauliflower rice).

Previously, my weakness has been for salt rather than sweet (e.g. chips) foods. Anyone have a recommendation or warning on the chips snacks offered? I see a lot of positive comments about dill zippers?? but I'm not a fan of the flavor of dill.

crazynette826
03-15-2013, 10:59 PM
1st weigh-in today....9.2 pounds down and 4 inches lost. Woo-hoo!!

I purchased the chocolate drink, plain egg omelette, peanut bars, and mushroom soup (I use it as a sauce on chicken over cauliflower rice).

Previously, my weakness has been for salt rather than sweet (e.g. chips) foods. Anyone have a recommendation or warning on the chips snacks offered? I see a lot of positive comments about dill zippers?? but I'm not a fan of the flavor of dill.

Congrats!! :yay:

I also tend to go for salty over sweet. My favorite is the white cheddar ridges! Yumm! I also like the dill pickle zippers, but they are very dill. So you might not like them. The southwest cheese curls are good, a little spicy, but you get a ton of them. I didn't care for the BBQ ridges, but most people like them.

TNmom
03-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Big mac in a bowl was pretty good! So glad I'm trying new stuff. Don't want to get burned out and give into temptation. The rest of the family had pizza tonight but I did just fine. And that half of a choc chess pie hubby brought home from work has stayed untouched (wish he would hurry up and eat it :P )

What phase do we start to allow a little cheese? I saw a video on low carb cooking and they made a pizza with a cauliflower crust with chicken, onions, peppers on top. It looked sooo good! And I am curious about this cauliflower crust and how it would turn out.....

scorbett1103
03-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Big mac in a bowl was pretty good! So glad I'm trying new stuff. Don't want to get burned out and give into temptation. The rest of the family had pizza tonight but I did just fine. And that half of a choc chess pie hubby brought home from work has stayed untouched (wish he would hurry up and eat it :P )

What phase do we start to allow a little cheese? I saw a video on low carb cooking and they made a pizza with a cauliflower crust with chicken, onions, peppers on top. It looked sooo good! And I am curious about this cauliflower crust and how it would turn out.....

No cheese until maintenance, unfortunately. It can be worked into P3 breakfasts but it's tough because of the fat content (or carb content in fat free) to balance out the nutritional content to meet the guidelines if you include cheese.

But this recipe is Phase 1 friendly:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4476151-post6.html

IdealProteinNewbie
03-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Oh, see, this would really get my goat if I was seeing my coach on a regular basis... They want SO much for their brand of omegas when I use one my Dr told me to take which costs way less.

Exactly! I think it's $24/bottle which only has a 1 month supply!

Add the multi, cal-mag and potassium = cha-ching!

LizRR
03-15-2013, 11:30 PM
I am sooooooooo behind! Think it's a been a week that I've been online. Still growing the belly, 16-weeks along so far and my wardrobe is definitely shrinking, all of my shirts are getting short! I am "filling out" for sure...

Yesterday I finally beat down the time change and woke up for my 6.5mi run and did my 2mi warmup+Bodypump this morning. I totally slept in Tue & Thu (Mon is rest day). Tomorrow is long run day (8mi), I still feel fantastic, and it may be TMI but I the running really helps get things moving (forgot about pregnancy constipation). The morning workouts really energize me for the day.

TNmom
03-15-2013, 11:52 PM
No cheese until maintenance, unfortunately. It can be worked into P3 breakfasts but it's tough because of the fat content (or carb content in fat free) to balance out the nutritional content to meet the guidelines if you include cheese.

But this recipe is Phase 1 friendly:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4476151-post6.html

I may have to try that!! I'm thinking I need to buy a food processor too. Would make some things easier.

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-16-2013, 03:31 AM
I'm down 5 lbs this weigh in, lost inches in the areas that I really want to! I feel a little bogged down, though. I bought some Smooth Move Chocolate and I'm curious if it's P1 approved. The ingredients are:

Senna Leaf
Breadnut seed
Licorice root
cocoa seed
carob pod

Any help is appreciated!