Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 08:49 AM   #1  

Default pilates question

What pilates videos do people have and at what weight were they when they began using them. I am interested in getting a pilates video but am not sure which one to get and if i will be able to do the stuff yet. Just curious about what everyone else has experienced.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:57 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Pilates for Dummies I began @ 295# I do this less than once a month, though, since my friend is the owner of it.

I am of no help, I realize this.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:32 AM   #3  

is it hard to do? I am just wondering if i will be able to do any of it yet.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:03 PM   #4  

I would be interested in learning more about pilates also. The Windsor infomercial looks a little hard to me but I hear the results are wonderful. Any info would be appreciated by me also.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:35 PM   #5  

Ditto here. I've heard such great things about Pilates and about how it really sculpts your body and works a lot of the small muscles that don't often get worked, but I'm afraid that I'm still too heavy to be able to do them properly. I'd love to hear more from people that have done it.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i own the winsor ones. i have done it once. it's hard for me -- i can't roll into a ball and stuff, i have flab in the way! (i tried at about 215 pounds). i know they are good videos though-- so i plan on using them to tone when i get smaller =)
Old 05-19-2003, 01:13 PM   #7  
Student of the Hoof

I was about 200 when I started doing Pilates. I started out with the Winsor, and honestly, for the first 3 weeks I just wanted to throw a brick through the TV, but I made myself a promise I would do it for three months and then if I still couldn't stand it, I'd give it up. After 3 weeks I had gotten so much better at the moves and saw the results and now I'm a enthusiastic promoter of pilates. I also used the Dummies. Both have their positives and negatives. I think Dummies is a better dvd for a beginner, and has a few more moves that work your upper body. I have not moved on to the advanced routines on either, as I started BFL and I'm so busy with the weights and the aerobic interval stuff that I haven't had time for my pilates. Here's the really funny part. I miss it. I recommend it HIGHLY, no matter what weight you are. Just do what you can, and as you lose and tone, you'll be able to do more.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:13 PM   #8  

LOL! I can't roll up in a ball either. Maybe the one for dummies?
Old 05-19-2003, 01:26 PM   #9  
Student of the Hoof

Even the Dummies has you do the rolls. If you use a mat, and just do the best you can, you'll be amazed at how easy it gets after 3 weeks or so. Now my daughter and I do it just for giggles.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:35 PM   #10  

Thanks, Raven. I appreciate it. I think I might try this soon.
Closed Thread