Ideal Protein Diet - What are your favorite 0/0/0 foods/products?

lizard107
03-14-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm having a tough time scouring the store looking for 0/0/0 foods. Translate: I don't have the time. Hoping to kickstart my shopping list here :). What are your favs?

GreatLakes86
03-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Frank's Red Hot is great! They even make a buffalo sauce that is 0/0/0. :)

Also, the WF Pancake syrup is legitimately tasty...not tasty for a WF product, but legit tasty. I am pretty picky about "fake" tasting stuff, and I like the syrup.

Bragg's Aminos is a great 0/0/0 sub for soy sauce. Caution though...it is quite a bit saltier than soy sauce, so go easy or you will make stir fry that is too salty tasting. (Ask me how I learned that one... ;) )

ZOMBIEDAWN
03-14-2013, 08:48 PM
I adore the Thousand Island dressing!

countrychic
03-14-2013, 09:18 PM
I've been fairly happy with all my WF purchases.....just got the marshmellow and choc sauce today, and I made a delish hot choc tonight :)
I love the 1000s island, but only in the Big Mac in a Bowl :)
I'm not too keen on the Italian on a salad, but I like it in a stir fry.
The strawberry spread is great for heating up and pouring on something.
I love the syrup too :)

Calisto
03-14-2013, 09:21 PM
I second the hot sauce and WF syrup!

I have been putting the syrup in some of my sauces for meat!

Deb D
03-14-2013, 09:25 PM
I agree with the WF syrup. DELICIOUS!!
I also like the WF Thousand Island and Bacon Ranch Dressings.

qballmhh
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
such good info! im new and know nothing! are there any safe options involving alcohol on a friday night?

workingit50
03-14-2013, 09:56 PM
What else are people doing with the WF syrup beside a marinade for a sauce. I love the thought of having some syrup but cannot think about what to put it on. I do make OP pancakes with Maple Oatmeal packet and I find it super sweet already.

shoediva
03-14-2013, 09:59 PM
WF raspberry vinagrette is good, and it's actually supposed to taste sweet!

mquinn106
03-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Agree, Frank's sauce is a life saver! I really don't like the WF products, aside from the syrup. I love it mixed with Dijon as a marinade for chicken, amazing! I make basil presto a lot as a salad dressing too.

GreatLakes86
03-14-2013, 10:24 PM
Sorry, no alcohol during Ideal Protein.

But, if I am out, I like to get a club soda with a slice of lemon in it. Feels festive. No tonic water though...that has sugar in it. Some folks add Mio to their club soda, also. You can buy flavored 0/0/0 club soda for at home. Look for brands which are sodium free like La Croix (that's what I have locally).

IP43
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
What else are people doing with the WF syrup beside a marinade for a sauce. I love the thought of having some syrup but cannot think about what to put it on. I do make OP pancakes with Maple Oatmeal packet and I find it super sweet already.

Make your pancakes with the rice cereal instead (just use a roller to crush it down) so you're not wasting a restricted, plus it will be less sweet.

GreatLakes86
03-14-2013, 10:58 PM

Someone else mentioned it above, but the syrup mixed into some ground turkey plus a little sage, black pepper, and garlic powder makes a very tasty breakfast sausage. Breakfast for dinner! Last week I had a bit of sausage some over easy eggs and some sauteed greens for supper. Super tasty.

fitandfabfrog
03-14-2013, 11:14 PM
yum...on the sausage idea! Added that to my list.

Is there a premade salsa that is 0/0/0?

GreatLakes86
03-14-2013, 11:40 PM
I have no idea how I forgot to mention this one...

RealSalt Seasoning Salt. I literally use this everyday. It is organic, totally free of added starch (many all purpose type seasoning salts, like Lawry's, put starch in...even some of the Mrs Dash varieties add starch). It is delicious. A bit pricey where I live. I paid almost $10 for the 8.25oz container, but I've had it for almost a year and it is still half full. And I honestly use it every single day. They make a garlic salt and an onion salt also.

Msbehaving
03-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Torani sugar free syrups. Can dress up any pudding, drink. Yum!

Crred96
03-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Vlasic Sweet Gherkins Pickles. No Sugar Added. Soo good! They're made with Splenda. 0/0/0

evepet
03-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I see most of my favs already noted. I consider the WF pancake syrup and Thousand Island to be staples in my cupboard now. And I personally also like their Zesty Italian salad dressing. I also like their Blueberry Pancake syrup, but I use it more as a flavoring. I prefer the plan pancake syrup on my pancakes or waffles.

Just a few more suggestions ... sometimes I get tired of 'plain' water, and these are some of the things I've done:

Add a packet of True Lemon, True Lime, or True Orange crystals... there are lots of flavor options available. Just gives it that extra flavor boost and it's 000. I also use them for adding a punch of citrus flavor to other foods from time to time. I didn't know these existed before I started this diet, so maybe some of you don't either - here's a link - http://www.truelemon.com/true-lemon.html

Add a dash of apple cider vinegar (the organic kind, with the 'mother') - which also helps keep the body in an alkaline state.

Add a Crystal Light packet - check to be sure you get the type that's flavored with Spenda. (Actually I find it's strong enough that I use only 1/2 packet in my 20 oz water container at a time).

Also;

Like jello? Use KNOX gelatine and add MIO for flavoring. That way you can avoid the aspartame in Jello sugar-free gelatin.

Or do you wish your protein shake was thicker? I recently (wish I'd know this months ago) discovered that adding a scant 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum powder (often used in gluten-free baking) to a too-watery protein shake will thicken it nicely, and give it a nicer 'mouth feel'. I do this a lot now, with both cold and hot drinks/shakes. Do it in a blender, and blend it well. Plus, it works best to stir the xanthan gum powder into your protein powder mix before adding it to the water. If you check nutrition facts for xanthan gum you'll see that 1 tbsp of the stuff has 8g of carbs & 8g of fibre - so it is net 0 carbs. And you're only using 1/4 tsp anyway.

lizard107
03-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks SO much guys. I am not a fan of the WF products because they taste so chemically to me. But, I am going to try the syrup. I mean, how can you screw up maple syrup. Ha ha. Now if I could only have a nice fluffy waffle with it ;)

joefla70
03-15-2013, 11:19 AM

+1. These are great. I put the chocolate syrup in my coffee to make a mocha.

evepet
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks SO much guys. I am not a fan of the WF products because they taste so chemically to me. But, I am going to try the syrup. I mean, how can you screw up maple syrup. Ha ha. Now if I could only have a nice fluffy waffle with it ;)

Do you have a waffle iron? I've been using alternative products, but I use their pancake mixes and enjoy home-made waffles with WF syrup frequently.

LexiChanel1
03-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Gatorade zero strawberry

IPdivajen
03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
I love the pancake syrup with rutabaga! Dice it into cubes, toss with WF pancake syrup, EVOO and sea salt and roast at 400 for 40-60 minutes. Cuts the bitterness and is sooooo good!!

I also like the PC Buffalo Wing sauce. We use it a lot.

And Starbucks sugar free syrups are made with Splenda so they're a-okay.

Finally I love the 4C Totally Light drink crystals. Lots of flavours, all in single servings, each is 100% of your daily vitamin c needs, and they're made with Splenda. Harder to find up here in Canada but we stock up in the US or from Low Carb Canada.

afbrown2
03-15-2013, 12:53 PM

I mix the syrup with French's horseradish mustard for sauce or dip for chicken.

I also have made turkey maple sausage - ground turkey, salt, pepper, fennel seed and bit of the syrup.. mix and patty up... whole family loves it... Have to get them started eating fresh and less processed to help me when I am done!

Calisto
03-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Oh yes we made the turkey "sausage" and it was to DIE for with the syrup! Also I have made waffles with the puddings, they helped my craving!!

TNmom
03-15-2013, 01:45 PM

I agree I love the hazelnut one in my coffee!

gardenhoe
03-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Vlasic Sweet Gherkins Pickles. No Sugar Added. Soo good! They're made with Splenda. 0/0/0

I just happened upon those today at the store - they are good!!

JLUS
03-15-2013, 05:36 PM
TORANI Syrups - Where are you buying them?? I can never seem to find even rfegular let alnoe SF. My couple of grocery stores sure don't seem to have them unless they are hiding. I used to find them at World Market, but none near here.

??
Thanks,
Laurie

IdealProteinNewbie
03-15-2013, 05:39 PM
TORANI Syrups - Where are you buying them?? I can never seem to find even rfegular let alnoe SF. My couple of grocery stores sure don't seem to have them unless they are hiding. I used to find them at World Market, but none near here.

??
Thanks,
Laurie

Netrition.com is great! They have Walden Farms, Torani, Miracle Noodles, etc and flat rate $4.95 shipping!

Glover girl
03-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Lots of good stuff listed! I love chalula chipotle hot sauce, ken's wing sauce and wf creamy bacon dressing. I am a fan of wf maple syrup too.

workingit50
03-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the great ideas. I have not been that creative with my salad dressings or breakfast sausage for dinner. I really like that idea. I too am using a Trader Joe's brand all seasonings which helps dress up bland dishes like cauliflower rice, etc.

Msbehaving
03-16-2013, 12:45 PM

??
Thanks,
Laurie

I get them from a wholesale/restaurant supply type grocery store here. They have a whole aisle with two different brands (torani and davinci) offering more than 30 SF flavors. Otherwise, order online like from amazon. I have peanut butter, hazlenut, coconut, raspberry, black cherry, and salted caramel...so far. :)

leahrb
03-17-2013, 11:47 PM
I can't wait to pick up the pancake syrup & make turkey maple sausage!! Yum!

I put Franks Red Hot on everything. Mustard, garlic, dill & jalapeno are staples. I made a Dijon, red pepper, & jalapeno coleslaw with apple cider vinaigrette so, so good!

disgal
03-18-2013, 08:17 PM

I picked these up today!! YUM!!! Would these count towards our select veggies? 3 pickles is considered one serving on the jar....

newday2013
04-23-2013, 08:25 PM
I picked these up today!! YUM!!! Would these count towards our select veggies? 3 pickles is considered one serving on the jar....

I've been making "jello" with strawberry tea and knox gelatin with splenda...very satisfying. I bought the choc/peanut butter WF spread and was wondering if I could make "jello pudding"...any suggestions?

Cherie2888
04-23-2013, 08:38 PM
I like the WF mayo to make deviled eggs and coleslaw. I can't tell the difference between WF and regular once the seasonings are added.

I agree that Franks hot sauce is a must!

65X65
04-23-2013, 09:02 PM
use olive oil, rice vinegar and the deli mustard to make a mustard vinaigrette...it is the ONLY salad dressing I've been using. Actually can use any of the Golds 0/0/0 mustards...but I like the deli mustard the best. (It comes in a squeeze bottle) This vinaigrette is also a great dip for raw veggies. Took it to a party last weekend and my sisters loved it and all wanted the recipe....

JLUS
04-23-2013, 09:26 PM
I have seen Rice Vinegar referenced a few times in people's recipes... It's not 0/0/0 and not on the sheet... Doesn't seem to be OP.

65X65
04-24-2013, 06:35 AM
I use Marukan...the label is 0/0/0. I should have included the brand I use. (Always good to check the label...)
We have a large Asian population where I live so this brand is easily found in groceries and local health and specialty markets around here.

From the Marukan site: FAQs:
Are Marukan products fat-free, and low in calories?
YES! All Marukan Vinegars are fat-free. Also, our Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar has zero calories.

cdnmomof2
04-24-2013, 04:34 PM

??
Thanks,
Laurie

Do you have a coffee shop or a store that sells keurig/kcups?? That's where I get mine :)

cdnmomof2
04-24-2013, 04:36 PM
What, if any, soya sauce are you using??

Calisto
04-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Has anyone checked out the NEW Sugar free Archer Farms coffee syrup at Target?

I don't drink coffee but another gal I know who is doing IP just found it and has been using it.

it says 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugars. The only thing is it has 10mg of sodium in 2tbsp.

Ingredients: Filtered Water, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Sucralose (Splenda Band), Cellulose Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (preservatives), Caramel Color.

lisa32989
04-24-2013, 06:21 PM
What, if any, soya sauce are you using??

Braggs Amino Acids

Ruti
04-24-2013, 06:47 PM
I have seen Rice Vinegar referenced a few times in people's recipes... It's not 0/0/0 and not on the sheet... Doesn't seem to be OP.

I believe you are thinking of Seasoned rice vinegar which has sugar in it. Regular rice vinegar is fine.

IdealProteinNewbie
04-24-2013, 07:19 PM

I don't drink coffee but another gal I know who is doing IP just found it and has been using it.

it says 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugars. The only thing is it has 10mg of sodium in 2tbsp.

Ingredients: Filtered Water, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Sucralose (Splenda Band), Cellulose Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (preservatives), Caramel Color.

Yes, I got the Pumpkin Spice, Peppermint and Gingerbread...all are great!

JLUS
04-24-2013, 09:32 PM
THANKS Peeps for info on Rice Vinegar that is 0/0/0 and Archer Syrups at Target. I'll be on the look out for both!

Laurie

RareBird
04-24-2013, 10:36 PM

I've tried the cinnamon and the almond and like both of those, also. Both Torani and Archer Farms Hazelnut have fallen short for me though... not really much flavor in either.

Alamo girl
05-18-2013, 11:13 PM
When something is 0/0/0 does that make it unlimited ?

IdealProteinNewbie
05-18-2013, 11:22 PM
When something is 0/0/0 does that make it unlimited ?

No...the FDA can say "0" if there are 4 calories or less and .999 grams of carbs.

The trace calories/carbs definitely add up and as a general rule of thumb most IP'ers stick to 6 or less servings of "extras" per day (WF, sugar-free gum, MiO, Splenda, etc.)

DRegan
05-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Today I tried melting 2tbspn WF strawberry
jelly and Franks hot wing sauce!
Poured over grilled chicken breast, was
YUMMY! Sweet & hot!!

Great ideas everyone!!
Gotta try the sausage real soon!
Thx!

D

Atlin
05-19-2013, 12:10 AM
I make a "Raspberry Vinergret" with the Nakano brand rice vinegar and SF Torani raspberry syrup. It's delicious! I also am a fan of the WF maple syrup and make a "Maple Glazed Salmon" by lightly brushing on the WF maple syrup while the salmon is baking. These products are all 0/0/0 and salmon is ok occasionally.

Camcolt
05-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Someone else mentioned it above, but the syrup mixed into some ground turkey plus a little sage, black pepper, and garlic powder makes a very tasty breakfast sausage. Breakfast for dinner! Last week I had a bit of sausage some over easy eggs and some sauteed greens for supper. Super tasty.

Love, love this. You use this as your protein Im assuming?! I'll try this..

animallover
05-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Today I tried melting 2tbspn WF strawberry
jelly and Franks hot wing sauce!
Poured over grilled chicken breast, was
YUMMY! Sweet & hot!!

Great ideas everyone!!
Gotta try the sausage real soon!
Thx!

D

This sounds good! I can't wait to try it!! Thanks for sharing :)