Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/13/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/13/2013

lisa32989
03-13-2013, 07:11 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

TNmom
03-13-2013, 07:42 AM
I am starving today, is it ok to have a real omlet if I want to save my shake for my afternoon snack?? I brought the shake for bfast but I am going to need something more. If I did egg, peppers, spinach, mushrooms would that affect me too much? I'm thinking TOM is to blame as I am waiting for it anyday now, I just dont want to cave here at work and eat a bunch of crap I shouldnt. Especially since someone left chocolate cake in the breakroom :(

Donna Gel
03-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Thank you all for the encouragement yesterday after what I saw as a disappointing WI. You're right, I need to reword things.

Had my third weight in yesterday, I am down 8 lbs!!!!:carrot:
I am down one pant size! I tried on my target outfit last night and realize I set my sites far too low. The outfit fits already, I have lost several inches in the stomach area. I will have to have it tailored to fit me once I reach my goal.

I talked to Husband last night and he was really encouraging. Although I was initially disappointed with the loss, it is the most success I have had with any diet and only made me more determined to succeed with this.

Donna Gel
03-13-2013, 07:53 AM
If I did egg, peppers, spinach, mushrooms would that affect me too much?

I quite often have eggs in the morning. Peppers, spinach and mushrooms will count towards your vegetable allowance. If you make it with 2 eggs and one egg white, that is half your protein for the day. Have the other half at dinner.

mrskuby
03-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Thank you all for the encouragement yesterday after what I saw as a disappointing WI. You're right, I need to reword things.

Had my third weight in yesterday, I am down 8 lbs!!!!:carrot:
I am down one pant size! I tried on my target outfit last night and realize I set my sites far too low. The outfit fits already, I have lost several inches in the stomach area. I will have to have it tailored to fit me once I reach my goal.

I talked to Husband last night and he was really encouraging. Although I was initially disappointed with the loss, it is the most success I have had with any diet and only made me more determined to succeed with this.

Way to reframe, Donna! You're doing great!:)

I just want to say...I HATE TOM!!! I've been on the verge for 3 days now...bloated, uncomfortable, crampy...the scale says I'm up 1.4 lbs...no, I'm not worried about it just one more irritating thing about TOM! :mad: And to top it all off...now I have a big painful core sore on my lip! Sorry, just my little rant! :devil: I'll be better in a little while! :D

lisa32989
03-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Also
1 egg + 2-3 egg whites = 1 omelet packet
Especially good for those who don't like the powdered eggs

countrychic
03-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Just started my morning with IP Oatmeal (yum!) and my daily cup of tea...can't live without that! lol Now I'm off to take the kiddies to March Break camp, then home to clean the house....not looking forwward to that, but has to be done :(

Question about W.F and other "toppings": My coach told me thatI can only have max 2TB's a day....so If I was having pancakes, I could only have 2TB of WF syrup and then no extra toppings that day.....or I could split it to 1TB and then 1TB of something else later that day (like 1000 Island for Big Mac in a Bowl). Just wondering if that's right? She didn't really explain why....just that it was a "no no".

Enjoy your day everyone!

lisa32989
03-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Question about W.F and other "toppings": My coach told me thatI can only have max 2TB's a day....so If I was having pancakes, I could only have 2TB of WF syrup and then no extra toppings that day.....or I could split it to 1TB and then 1TB of something else later that day (like 1000 Island for Big Mac in a Bowl). Just wondering if that's right? She didn't really explain why....just that it was a "no no".
The labels on 0/0/0 products reflect <1 carb but not necessarily zero carbs.
Most folks here limit 0/0/0 items to 4 servings per day, knowing they'll probably be adding 2 or more carbs. Your coach limiting it to one serving per day is pretty extreme!

LizJazz
03-13-2013, 08:45 AM
WI today....-1.6.
Unfortunately I also started my TOM again this morning. Since starting this diet I have had my ToM for 5 weeks. I know it's from the estrogen being released from my fat but geez, I would like a break from it.
Have a great OP day everyone!! So appreciative for all the people here, your advice and support!!!!

M35A2
03-13-2013, 08:47 AM
TNmom yesterday was talking about her Coke Zero addiction. Since that thread is locked thought I'd reply here.

Coke Zero contains aspartame and is a big No-No on IP. I'm not 100% certain but think I remember reading that it tricks the body into releasing insulin so can really screw things up.

I can't help with the caffine part of it but Cascade Ice is a 0/0/0 drink that is actually pretty good and was recommended by my clinic.

Canadiandieter
03-13-2013, 09:17 AM
I weighed in last night and I was down another 3.2 which I'm really pleased with, however my coach told me that I am not eating enough????!!!!!! She told me that I am not eating enough lettuce and that I need to start fitting it in on top of my 4 cups of veggies a day. I don't really think that I can eat that much more than what I currently am. Any ideas that anyone can pass along would be great. Also, has anyone else every been told this?

ragdoll74
03-13-2013, 09:21 AM
WI today....-1.6.
Unfortunately I also started my TOM again this morning. Since starting this diet I have had my ToM for 5 weeks. I know it's from the estrogen being released from my fat but geez, I would like a break from it.
Have a great OP day everyone!! So appreciative for all the people here, your advice and support!!!!

Just look at it this way....you are getting TOM all the time because you are a fat burning machine! Congrats on your fantastic success so far.

I weighed in last night and I was down another 3.2 which I'm really pleased with, however my coach told me that I am not eating enough????!!!!!! She told me that I am not eating enough lettuce and that I need to start fitting it in on top of my 4 cups of veggies a day. I don't really think that I can eat that much more than what I currently am. Any ideas that anyone can pass along would be great. Also, has anyone else every been told this?

I've seen others post about this. If you aren't hungry I wouldnt worry too much about the lettuce. If you start having issues with the big C, then you might want to add in the lettuce. It helps to keep you regular.

A1Texan
03-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Just received an email from Nashua Nutrition - Free Shipping on orders over $49.00 by using Code "Today49"

Just thought I'd share......Hope everyone is having a great day

Manda Marie
03-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone....I've been off the program since Thanksgiving. Thought I'd give myself a break for the holidays. Then in the beginning of January my dad passed away and I've been having a hard time. Took me a couple of months, but finally realized that the best thing I can do to feel better and start healing is to take good care of myself. So, Ideal Protein...here I come! I will admit to doing a "lite" version since I'm low on supplements, but I'm following as closely as I can with generic low carb protein drinks and regular food in the form lots of veggies and meat. Planning to go back full time soon. Wish me luck. Glad to be back on the forum.

JustSue
03-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi, all. I am new to 3FC and find you all inspirational. I joined IP in Jan 2013. So far, in 8 weeks, I have lost 28 pounds and 18 inches!!! It has been than 15 years since I have weighed less than 200 lbs! Financially I am only going to be able to continue another 4 weeks. I am terrified of regaining the weight. Question: Do you find the Paleo diet compatible with Phase 4?
Thank you!!!

P.S. I do plan to return to Phase 1 in a couple months, but plan to use alternative products.

Cheekyskeeter
03-13-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't usually eat much lettuce any more. I only add it if I want to make my 2 cups of veggies at lunch into a salad. Initially I would have it every day for lunch but I stopped that as I was having a hard time with it (I'm having a hard time with raw veggies right now). I haven't noticed any change in my weight loss.

Alemap1981
03-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Day 10 of IP for me and thankfully woke this morning feeling great. Managed to get good sleep (DS was only up once!). I am taking him to the pool today for the first time. Wish me luck!

I am placing an order today for IP products. Because I am a "long distance" client it comes through mail, and my coach will cover shipping (which isn't cheap to remote locations in Canada) if I order a month supply. So this morning for breakfast I tried something new: the Apple Cinnamon soy snack. It was delicious! Definitely including that in my order :) I am going to try to get into phase 2 before looking at alternatives.

Have a fantastic on-plan day everyone!

Spiritman
03-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Morning all. I'm fast approaching my official WI tomorrow and basically couldn't wait so jumped on the scale this morning and........a total loss of 0.0 pounds for the week. No big thing though, I am learning that my body seems to lose pounds every second week. I am averaging 8.75 pounds lost per week so I've got nothing to complain about.

On a different note had another crazy dream last night......eating pizza and doughnuts with the guys from Duck Dynasty. Funny and weird all rolled into one. I woke up thinking wtf was that about? :dizzy:

Cheekyskeeter
03-13-2013, 09:45 AM
I finally got about 8 hours sleep last night!!! Finally! I've been waking up pretty much every morning between 3:30am and 4am. Today I woke up at 6 and feel much better (terrible bloating crampy feeling from yesterday is gone).

scorbett1103
03-13-2013, 10:22 AM

Enjoy your day everyone!

One serving a day is VERY extreme. That is also not stated in the Phase 1 protocol anywhere, that is your coach's own rule.

Products that are 0/0/0 still contain trace carbs, so you DO want to be mindful of the number of times you use ANY 0/0/0 extras (walden farms, sweeteners, drink mixes, etc). I limited myself to six servings per day - that way I would know that no more than 5 extra carbs got into my day.

Lettuce is not mandatory on phase 1. If you are eating all of your packets, all of your veggies, drinking plenty of water and taking your supplements, you are fine. Don't force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry, that does NOTHING to teach you how to recognize and appropriately answer hunger, nor does it add anything to your diet nutritionally to stuff full of lettuce. It's filler, that's about it.

Hi, all. I am new to 3FC and find you all inspirational. I joined IP in Jan 2013. So far, in 8 weeks, I have lost 28 pounds and 18 inches!!! It has been than 15 years since I have weighed less than 200 lbs! Financially I am only going to be able to continue another 4 weeks. I am terrified of regaining the weight. Question: Do you find the Paleo diet compatible with Phase 4?
Thank you!!!

P.S. I do plan to return to Phase 1 in a couple months, but plan to use alternative products.

The "rules" for Phase 4 aren't as simple as picking an eating style, unfortunately. If you choose to follow maintenance as Dr Tran has set it up, then you have to be aware of the carb and fat content of your meals. I use many Paleo style recipes, but there are also many I can't use because they combine higher fats and higher carbs (usually in the form of beans or whole grains) in the same recipe.

That said, there are lots of folks who went Paleo in maintenance and just follow that eating style instead of IP's recommendations - you have to do what works for you and what you can live with.

I finally got about 8 hours sleep last night!!! Finally! I've been waking up pretty much every morning between 3:30am and 4am. Today I woke up at 6 and feel much better (terrible bloating crampy feeling from yesterday is gone).

Glad you are feeling better!!!

fam4me
03-13-2013, 10:34 AM
OK, need some help. I've been on IP for almost a year and have lost 98 pounds. Had not cheated but can't seem to stay OP now. Been this way for the last two weeks. My initial goal was 100 pounds but want to lose another 20 or so. How do I get back on track.....have to wo under why I am struggling now. Should I phase off for a while and then go back to phase 1?

leannekarella
03-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Happy Wednesday!
I hit the 30lb mark this morning!:cheer:
Just in time for spring break vacation with the kiddo.
Won't be hiding from the camera on this trip!

fitandfabfrog
03-13-2013, 11:11 AM
I had such an emotional day yesterday it was ridiculous. I felt like a failure on all of my other attempts to loose weight, so why should this one work....sometimes I hate the mean things people can say. I sure hope my WI tomorrow goes well and I can get rid of that internal dialogue that says I cannot loose weight.

Glad today is a NEW DAY!!

De11s
03-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Happy Wednesday!

Congratulations!!! I am hoping to hit that same mark this afternoon. Keep up the good work! :bravo:

leannekarella
03-13-2013, 11:27 AM
I had such an emotional day yesterday it was ridiculous. I felt like a failure on all of my other attempts to lose weight, so why should this one work....sometimes I hate the mean things people can say. I sure hope my WI tomorrow goes well and I can get rid of that internal dialogue that says I cannot lose weight.

Yes, NEW DAY!

I think every single one of us have gone though, and still go through that "failure" mindset. You have to reset your mind to be a success. Think it and be it.

Also, don't set your happiness on your WI! I think that's also a mistake a lot of people do... Bad WI means it's not working.

Take it from someone who has horrible health issues that have prevented me from losing weight on any other diet. Stick with this, and IT WILL WORK. I have no loss weeks. I have gain weeks. But in 3 months I've lost 30lbs. It works for the long haul.

heritagesoftail
03-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi Everyone ! Just going thru all the post and congrats to all the losers today and this week. i keep looking daily for the spot to add a signature and weight ticker. Can someone tell me if there is a certain spot to look .

Enjoy your day all !

Donna Gel
03-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Happy Wednesday!

Great going!! 30 lbs you will never see again!!

Donna Gel
03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi Everyone ! Just going thru all the post and congrats to all the losers today and this week. i keep looking daily for the spot to add a signature and weight ticker. Can someone tell me if there is a certain spot to look .

Enjoy your day all !

You need to have 20 posts and be here 20 days. I am waiting to put a signature on as well.

Donna Gel
03-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes, NEW DAY!

I think every single one of us have gone though, and still go through that "failure" mindset. You have to reset your mind to be a success. Think it and be it.

Also, don't set your happiness on your WI! I think that's also a mistake a lot of people do... Bad WI means it's not working.

Take it from someone who has horrible health issues that have prevented me from losing weight on any other diet. Stick with this, and IT WILL WORK. I have no loss weeks. I have gain weeks. But in 3 months I've lost 30lbs. It works for the long haul.

This was my lesson learned yesterday. I was disappointed by my low weight loss. But after resetting my thinking, thanks ladies, and looking at it a different way.

I have been OP for 3 weeks!! 3 weeks- I have never stayed on a diet that long. Not one that I know I can follow for the rest of my life.

I am down one whole pant size and I can fit into my target outfit already. I didn't think I would until I reached my goal.

This is not just about the scale it's about all the NSV as well.

SylviesGirl
03-13-2013, 12:02 PM

Enjoy your day all !

Once it has been 20 days and 20 posts, click on "User CP" in the purple bar, left side of the screen. It will show the signature option there, once you've qualified for it.

Cheekyskeeter
03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
I think we've all struggled with the emotional part of losing weight especially in the beginning. I have lost weight in the past but never like I have with IP. It has taken me a while to realize that I'm actually doing it and I'm already looking forward as to how I'm going to maintain it after I phase off. This is the first time I actually feel like I have a plan and I'm sticking to it and loving it! I still am shocked when I look in the mirror and see the new me or when people comment about how great I'm looking. Today I had a lady at work joking that she wants to come raid my closet as she has no pants to wear. This is a lady who works out every single day for probably 2 hours at a time (and is in great shape). I of course replied that there's no way my clothes would fit her as I think she's so much smaller then me.....but then she told me what size she wears and it's the same or close to what size I am now. I guess I still haven't fully acknowledged how far I've come.

scorbett1103
03-13-2013, 12:10 PM
OK, need some help. I've been on IP for almost a year and have lost 98 pounds. Had not cheated but can't seem to stay OP now. Been this way for the last two weeks. My initial goal was 100 pounds but want to lose another 20 or so. How do I get back on track.....have to wo under why I am struggling now. Should I phase off for a while and then go back to phase 1?

Ultimately that decision is up to you. But there are a few things to consider:

- If you are constantly cheating, what is going to change about that if you phase off? Contrary to what we'd LIKE to believe, phasing off and maintenance are NOT easier than Phase 1. You have to CONSTANTLY make the correct food choices if you expect to keep the weight off. If you phase off just so you can have the stuff you're eating off plan, are you really ready to make conscious choices about your food every day, every meal?

- What is triggering your cheats? Are you emotional eating, boredom eating? If that's the case, then the food is still in control. That is NOT going to be solved by phasing off. I can guarantee you will end up losing a LOT of ground in your weight loss if you are phasing off just because you are unable to say no to the food. It just isn't going to change or get easier once you have more food options. It's much harder.

- Are you happy with the weight you are at? If you're shooting to lose weight to hit a particular number, but you're happy with your body and how you feel, then you might be ready to phase off and were just shooting for a number that was lower than you can handle comfortably. If not, then remember every off plan cheat sets you up to be on Phase 1 even longer. I don't know about you, but I didn't want to spend one extra minute on Phase 1.

SylviesGirl
03-13-2013, 12:11 PM

In my eyes, you are so much further ahead of me on this journey, I certainly have no advice for you. I will share a little saying I saw the other day and tucked away for a day when I feel like you're feeling. It read:

When you are considering quitting, consider first all the reasons you started.

Not that you're considering quitting, but maybe it will get your thinking back on the straight and narrow. Otherwise, there is always my favorite piece of advice which comes from Elizabeth Taylor:

Pour your self a drink (I'm sure she meant IP OP, of course), Put on some lipstick, and Pull yourself together.

Think of all the even smaller pink sweaters and sparkly jeans that are out there waiting for you!

heritagesoftail
03-13-2013, 12:21 PM

Enjoy your day all !

Once if has been 20 days and 20 posts, click on "User CP" in the purple bar, left side of the screen. It will show the signature option there, once you've qualified for it.

Thanks I will keep looking :carrot:

scorbett1103
03-13-2013, 12:24 PM
You joined on 2/24, so day 20 will be 3/16 (saturday). You should see the "Edit Signature" option show up either Saturday or Sunday.

countrychic
03-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks Scorbett! I was having a bit of a difficult time planning meals....If I wanted pancakes and Big Mac in a Bowl the same day....one had to go without toppings! lol

I feel much better now :) I'm not huge on toppings, but there are some new recipies I want to try that call for things, so now I'm going to try and not worry about it so much.

SylviesGirl
03-13-2013, 01:27 PM
WI today: down 2.5 and down 10 inches for the first 4 weeks.

Onward and forward! :carrot:

Easystreet3
03-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Has anyone missed their TOM on IP? I have been on for 6 weeks now, it was that TOM the week I started IP and I have yet to have another TOM. Did a pregnancy test just to make sure and it is not that...

countrychic
03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Crock Pot Cooking ??

So I'm making a roast for the family dinner tonight....am I able to have any of the beef? All that's in the pot is the roast, potatoes, carrots (I know I can't have any of those veggies), and beef broth (no salt added), and some spices.

I was hoping to have a few slices of the beef, and my own veggies/salad...is that ok?

countrychic
03-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Has anyone missed their TOM on IP? I have been on for 6 weeks now, it was that TOM the week I started IP and I have yet to have another TOM. Did a pregnancy test just to make sure and it is not that...

nope. I was just finishing mine when I started IP, and had it faithfully when I was due.

Are you always very regular?

I know we are doing some big changes with how our body operates, so it's most likely just some internal workings that are going on. I had some crazy stress going on a few years back that caused everything to get out of wack with my TOM, but once I was through that, everything settled back down again.

SFNinerGirl
03-13-2013, 01:53 PM
So I decided to change up my packets for the first time in 4 weeks...

I am in LOVE with the pancakes and syrup. What have I been missing out on!!

I look forward to breakfast every morning now, the herbs and cheese omelet was getting old.

Morning bliss awaits....

leannekarella
03-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Crock Pot Cooking ??

So I'm making a roast for the family dinner tonight....am I able to have any of the beef? All that's in the pot is the roast, potatoes, carrots (I know I can't have any of those veggies), and beef broth (no salt added), and some spices.

I was hoping to have a few slices of the beef, and my own veggies/salad...is that ok?

Yes, you can have the beef. Make sure it's trimmed of fat. and throw in some celery...that's what I do so I can have some yummy veggies. Also rutabaga is a good substitute for potatoes that you can eat. I do that. Meat shrinks...so I always count my 8oz uncooked with about 6 oz cooked.

lumielumes
03-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Weigh in Wed! So last night I was up from 2:30-5:30am with terrible gas pains and was completely bloated. I didn't want to weigh in today because I didn't have a good feeling but I did it anyways. Needless to say gained .4lbs. I went shopping today and bought some Smooth Move tea because I haven't gone in a couple of days and that may be the problem. We'll see next week.

fam4me
03-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the support. I know I can do this and will. I've come too far to stop now. I have been struggling with an awful TOM and I think it has wreaked havoc on my hormones, resulting in my depression kicking in high gear. I will write those sayings down and read them daily. Thanks again!

evepet
03-13-2013, 02:21 PM

First - Congratulations! You've done so well. :hug: You don't say whether your weight loss has stalled? If you've been in a stall for a few weeks, I'd recommend shaking up things by doing a temp stint on P3, then returning to P1. I stalled out in early November at about 165lbs and that plan worked for me. (I'd remembered Wuv's coach having her do that, so knew it was a 'sound' approach).

I can really identify with your feelings. I've been around here for a long time too, and remember seeing you here from time to time over the past year or so. Since last November or so I've almost continuously had 'warring' in my brain about whether to forge ahead to goal or phase off. After my switch to P3 and back to P1 in early November, my weight loss increased again and I reached the weight my Dr. had recommended (157lbs)... so I did phase off at that point and was on maintenance briefly at Christmas time. However, that was higher than where I really wanted to be, plus I regained glycogen weight that put me higher still... I didn't fit into some of my smallest slacks, etc., that I wanted to be able to wear again... and basically just knew that my Dr's 'good enough' wasn't 'good enough' for me. So I went back on P1 about mid-January to 'finish'. In retrospect it would have been easier to stick the course, not phase out, and just keep going on P1 through Christmas.

I have recently gotten to my goal weight, and I'm still on P1 as I'm wanting to get down just 3 more more lbs to give myself a little 'cushion' for glycogen regain again... I'd ideally like to use 150lbs as my upper limit for maintenance. But I'm finding it hard to be strict with myself... again, these warring factors seem to be in my brain arguing with each other. So far I haven't done anything too seriously 'off plan' but I am struggling with it. So I feel your angst. :)

In weak moments, I remind myself how much I want to stay below 150lbs in maintenance... that I know from my own personal past experience with a brief time on maintenance that I'll gain glycogen weight again, so I really *need* this cushion I'm working towards to keep myself below that 150lbs upper limit...that I'm very pleased that the last -7 lbs or so have (finally) made a big difference in slimming & flattening my tummy area, and I need to slim that area just a bit more to allow for it getting bigger again due to glycogen regain ...how I like being able to wear all my smallest clothes again and will feel disappointed in myself if I 'give in' and 'give up' early... that it's been a long journey, I've worked hard at this, and I don't want to phase out until I'm thoroughly satisfied with the results of all my dieting efforts.

All I can tell you is that now that I'm looking back at the past few months since my return to P1, I'm glad I hung in there... and that I continue to hang in. I think that you'll feel the best about yourself if you stick to your guns and keep moving towards the goal you established. However, having said that, IF you are sincerely happy with your weight level and want to reassess your goal, that's fine too. No one should feel controlled by a number on a scale.

I don't always check the Daily Thread these days, but I don't think you've been posting regularly lately? I encourage you to do so.... I find coming here daily really helps to reinforce my 'good intentions' and keep on track. I tend to hang out mostly at the 'Fabulous at 50+' thread these days, although I check here from time to time. BTW -even if you're not 50, everyone there would be happy to welcome you. :)

This has been rambling... and as I reread it, I apologize that it's so 'me-oriented'...but I hope hearing of my own personal journey these past few months helps. I kinda feel like you're right were I was a few months ago, and needing a strengthening of resolve to forge forward. I guess more than anything, I want you to know that you're not alone. :hug::hug:

JustSue
03-13-2013, 02:26 PM
I had such an emotional day yesterday it was ridiculous. I felt like a failure on all of my other attempts to lose weight, so why should this one work....sometimes I hate the mean things people can say. I sure hope my WI tomorrow goes well and I can get rid of that internal dialogue that says I cannot lose weight.

Keep the positive thoughts going! You will succeed!

I, too, have been on MANY weight loss plans. This is the only one that has worked. Keep checking in on this site. You get a lot of support and inspiration.

Good luck at WI tomorrow! :)

ragdoll74
03-13-2013, 02:51 PM

My TOM is completely messed up since starting IP. Sometimes early, other times very late. It's because your body stores estrogen in fat cells, and when you are losing fat the hormones are released.

Crock Pot Cooking ??

I do this all the time. I don't use potatoes or carrots though. I use rutabaga and celery. The rutabaga is so yummy this way. Actually they mash up really nicely so you can make a sheppards pie with the left overs.

Suchawittygal
03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Just received an email from Nashua Nutrition - Free Shipping on orders over $49.00 by using Code "Today49"

Just thought I'd share......Hope everyone is having a great day

Thanks Texan! I just used it:D :carrot::carrot:

fitandfabfrog
03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Keep the positive thoughts going! You will succeed!

I, too, have been on MANY weight loss plans. This is the only one that has worked. Keep checking in on this site. You get a lot of support and inspiration.

Good luck at WI tomorrow! :)

Thank you JustSue! I think after I see that my body will respond to this I will relax a little about my failures in the past. Let's hope anyway! I will find a way to succeed! :D

amberjules
03-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm posting this a little since my weigh in was last Saturday, but guess how much weight I lost? The number my body just really loves - 2.2 lbs!!!! Lol. My exclamation points are for the fact that it's a consistent recurring number. Though 2.2 lbs is still great since that is equivalent to 8.8 sticks of butter that has been melted from my body! Gotta love it.

Hope everyone is doing well and looks like we've got lots of "losers" this week!

amberjules
03-13-2013, 04:19 PM
WI today....-1.6.

Liz - Any weight loss plan where you're losing consistently and from your fat stores will cause estrogen to be released into your body and really mess with your TOM.

**If you have a squeemish stomach than stop reading** I have to tell you a funny, but not so funny story. My TOM decided to visit on Sunday and it seemed pretty normal, but then on Monday it was like a dang dam broke and river started flowing. I had to change tampons FIVE TIMES in one day. It was awful and I still had leakage! Gross. So I went to the store and bought ULTRA tampons and ULTRA (heavy flow) pads. Opened up the pads and laughed my head off. I swear these things were at least 8-9 inches long! I've never seen anything like it! Made me think I wasn't the only out there with troubles. :D:dizzy:

Wow wow wow you look amazing!!!

I totally understand you. I've been there-I'm sure a lot of us have since this isn't our first attempt at losing weight. I just wrote about this in my personal blog (http://www.lamberjules.com/transformation_makeover/inspiration-motivation/what-does-your-inner-mean-girl-say-to-you/) I've been keeping about my weight loss. I call that voice inside my head that is nasty and mean my "Inner Mean Girl". She sucks sometimes and can say horrible things to me.

Most of my inner mean girl dialogue is about my prior failures and even now, while doing well with my weight loss, she reared her ugly head this weekend and told me that my skin was starting to sag with the weight loss and how awful I looked, that being fat would be better because at least it fills out the skin. Yeah! I wanted to slap her! :D

We all have that inner mean girl - we just need to tame her. In case you want to read further and I've posted an affirmations pic that's great to print out and keep at your desk or bathroom mirror. http://www.lamberjules.com/transformation_makeover/inspiration-motivation/what-does-your-inner-mean-girl-say-to-you/

Be gentle and kind to yourself through the process. Sometimes the reasons we are over weight is because of the stories in our head and these stories/inner dialogue comes out through losing weight. It's a wonderful time to deal with those now, one negative thought at a time, and begin to heal.:hug:

bellasamimom
03-13-2013, 05:43 PM

Yep :D

Mine started yesterday almost 4 weeks late...

Calisto
03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
whoo hoo! Great weigh in today, lost 4.4 for a total of 71.4 since November!

So excited, next goal... onederland!!!

NinjaNurse
03-13-2013, 06:34 PM
fam4me You look amazing!! Don't give up!!

fitandfabfrog This is a very emotioanl journey as well as a physical one. Even though we are heading towards better health and better bodies it's hard to get rid of old body image and emotions!!! This diet works! You can do it!!!

I had WI today. Stayed the same, not to disapointed because of the big losses the last 2 wks and I am PMSing big time. I feel 'spongy' (bloated).
Getting out of work early woo woo!! Vacation starts in 45minutes!!

amberjules
03-13-2013, 06:41 PM
fam4me You look amazing!! Don't give up!!

fitandfabfrog This is a very emotioanl journey as well as a physical one. Even though we are heading towards better health and better bodies it's hard to get rid of old body image and emotions!!! This diet works! You can do it!!!

I had WI today. Stayed the same, not to disapointed because of the big losses the last 2 wks and I am PMSing big time. I feel 'spongy' (bloated).
Getting out of work early woo woo!! Vacation starts in 45minutes!!

Are we all at TOM this week?? Lots of dedication to TOM today on this board. lol I am on TOM too.

TNmom
03-13-2013, 06:45 PM
TNmom yesterday was talking about her Coke Zero addiction. Since that thread is locked thought I'd reply here.

Coke Zero contains aspartame and is a big No-No on IP. I'm not 100% certain but think I remember reading that it tricks the body into releasing insulin so can really screw things up.

I can't help with the caffine part of it but Cascade Ice is a 0/0/0 drink that is actually pretty good and was recommended by my clinic.

Oh trust me they told me it was a big no, its embarrassing how much of that crap I use to drink. My coach wanted to back me off of them. 1st week one a day (which I did no problem -still lost 9 lbs that week). This week #2 I was suppose to go to every other day and I find myself still getting one everyday :( . Gotta kick the habit!! I have a WI tomorrow and I am going to talk to her about it. I'm still drinking 2-3L of water in addition to a coke but I need to cut it out completely. I will have to look into the cascade ice. Thanks!

SylviesGirl
03-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Oh trust me they told me it was a big no, its embarrassing how much of that crap I use to drink. My coach wanted to back me off of them. 1st week one a day (which I did no problem -still lost 9 lbs that week). This week #2 I was suppose to go to every other day and I find myself still getting one everyday :( . Gotta kick the habit!! I have a WI tomorrow and I am going to talk to her about it. I'm still drinking 2-3L of water in addition to a coke but I need to cut it out completely. I will have to look into the cascade ice. Thanks!

Coke Zero is the nectar of the gods and, simultaneously, the spawn of the devil. I seriously loved that stuff. Of everything I no longer have, I miss soda the most. I'm off it now -- and wish you great success in getting off it completely. That said, you can do it! Go for it!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Hope everyone had a great day!

I know I did! I got two unsolicited "you're melting!" comments today :D

Nibblet
03-13-2013, 07:18 PM

I haven't missed but the opposite, suddenly got it again. I haven't had a TOM (due to PCOS and other issues) for the last year. Now I'm on week 3 of IP and suddenly....hello, there it is. I read earlier where someone said the estrogen is stored in the fat cells, could that be the reason why I'm suddenly getting it again? To be honest, I much more preferred not having it. :(

IdealProteinNewbie
03-13-2013, 07:30 PM
I haven't missed but the opposite, suddenly got it again. I haven't had a TOM (due to PCOS and other issues) for the last year. Now I'm on week 3 of IP and suddenly....hello, there it is. I read earlier where someone said the estrogen is stored in the fat cells, could that be the reason why I'm suddenly getting it again? To be honest, I much more preferred not having it. :(

You should be excited...it means you're losing fat!!!

scorbett1103
03-13-2013, 07:34 PM
For all those with TOM issues (too little, too much, too often). YES it is because of the fat loss! When we ladies lose weight quickly, that estrogen that was stored up in our fat cells floods our system. That causes our cycles AND our moods to go haywire.

It also causes birth control to be less effective, so make sure you're using extra protection if you don't want an IP baby - or go to town (and prepare to phase off) if you DO! :)

IP43
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Thank you!!!

I am only on "page 1" so others may have already said this but whatever you do, phase off properly, don't just stop. I decided to stop and was feeling great and didn't phase off... and 20 lbs later I'm back trying to get back to where I was. The weight will come back very fast if you don't phase off properly so your pancreas can adjust.

A lot of people follow a paleo diet after for maintenance. I plan to do that myself more than likely -- returnin' to my cave man roots :jig:

DannaA
03-13-2013, 07:43 PM
So I had my first official weigh in... and at one week I lost an AMAZING 14.2 pounds and 6.75 inches!!!!! I stayed OP (with alternatives) and only had one oops when hubby cooked edamame and I ate it thinking it was ok!

I have to say I feel so positive about this journey! I cant wait to see the future me :D

I was telling friends today that I dont even feel deprived with this plan. Today was my once a month kidfree 'spa' day, when I get my hair and nails done, and BEFORE I would have stopped for a lemonade and 1-2 donuts, and then driven into the city and had a large sub for lunch with chips and pop and then probably have gotten a pop afterwards again!

TODAY.. I got up and enjoyed my morning shake while checking emails, went and got my hair done, then came home to eat my lunch of veggies, 1 boiled egg (with two egg whites) and salad. I brought water with me for the drive, had a herbal tea with a friend and then had my nails done!
No cheats... no thoughts about cheating!!!

I know next week wont be as big a drop...but I am still excited to see the scales keep going lower!!

Yay IP..and yay for everyone on here with amazing advice and recipes and support!
Danna

ps.. I also ended the week with chest congestion... so it was super nice to see the numbers drop the way they did! :D

evepet
03-13-2013, 07:48 PM
So I had my first official weigh in... and at one week I lost an AMAZING 14.2 pounds and 6.75 inches!!!!! I stayed OP (with alternatives) and only had one oops when hubby cooked edamame and I ate it thinking it was ok!

I have to say I feel so positive about this journey! I cant wait to see the future me :D

I was telling friends today that I dont even feel deprived with this plan. Today was my once a month kidfree 'spa' day, when I get my hair and nails done, and BEFORE I would have stopped for a lemonade and 1-2 donuts, and then driven into the city and had a large sub for lunch with chips and pop and then probably have gotten a pop afterwards again!

TODAY.. I got up and enjoyed my morning shake while checking emails, went and got my hair done, then came home to eat my lunch of veggies, 1 boiled egg (with two egg whites) and salad. I brought water with me for the drive, had a herbal tea with a friend and then had my nails done!
No cheats... no thoughts about cheating!!!

I know next week wont be as big a drop...but I am still excited to see the scales keep going lower!!

Yay IP..and yay for everyone on here with amazing advice and recipes and support!
Danna

ps.. I also ended the week with chest congestion... so it was super nice to see the numbers drop the way they did! :D

Congrats Danna! You're off to a fantastic start! :carrot::carrot:

Calisto
03-13-2013, 07:51 PM
So I had my first official weigh in... and at one week I lost an AMAZING 14.2 pounds and 6.75 inches!!!!!

That is awesome! Week one I lost 14 lb and I guess that is a record for my clinic lol

IdealProteinNewbie
03-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Keep up the fantastic work everybody!

I'm so excited to eat my raspberry jelly, relax, and watch spring training baseball :D

DannaA
03-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Thanks ladies! :) It was so encouraging! My weight now reflects what I was before both my boys.. I lost 5 years of weight in 7 days! Craziness!

IP43
03-13-2013, 08:00 PM
OK, need some help. I've been on IP for almost a year and have lost 98 pounds. Had not cheated but can't seem to stay OP now.

You've had some great advice and so I'll only add my 2 cents, as I mentioned above -- it's definitely harder the second time around, so if you can stick to it, try to keep going. I started same time as ragdoll and she's 70 pounds ahead of me in her loss because she kept going. We're all different, yadda yadda yadda, but when I see her numbers/stats it reminds me where I'd be today if I could just keep going. It's tough tho' that's for sure!

So I decided to change up my packets for the first time in 4 weeks...

I am in LOVE with the pancakes and syrup. What have I been missing out on!!

I look forward to breakfast every morning now, the herbs and cheese omelet was getting old.

Morning bliss awaits....

Just remember that you can make pancakes out of the cereal packs and they arent' restricted that way. Egg whites. 1/2 tsp baking powder, and water to a good consistency will get you pancakes and save you your restricted for later in the day

newday2013
03-13-2013, 08:22 PM
First weigh in is Friday, looking forward to the pancakes....the cereal with cold water sounds nasty...
I think I figured out why I feel as bad as I did on day 3, we were out of town yesterday and although I brought 3packs with me, I didn't drink enough water, or take supplements and, I think this was the major culprit, I put milk and splenda in 2 teas...and ate little veggies (only what was on the 2 salads I ordered at the fast food places on route).
So...tomorrow, hoping to be back to my normal self...I felt good for 2 whole blissful days, lol...
Just hope it doesn't screw up my WI too much...

funstaffordmom
03-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone....I've been off the program since Thanksgiving. Thought I'd give myself a break for the holidays. Then in the beginning of January my dad passed away and I've been having a hard time. Took me a couple of months, but finally realized that the best thing I can do to feel better and start healing is to take good care of myself. So, Ideal Protein...here I come! I will admit to doing a "lite" version since I'm low on supplements, but I'm following as closely as I can with generic low carb protein drinks and regular food in the form lots of veggies and meat. Planning to go back full time soon. Wish me luck. Glad to be back on the forum.

Manda, I'm here with you!!! My dad passed away suddenly 8 years ago, my brother two weeks before Xmas in a fire.... I've gained 30-40# in the last 3 years. I have determined that I WILL NOT BE A VICTIM OF STRESS, WORRY, and SORROW!!! You too Manda!!! We need to be strong for ourselves!! That is what our lost ones would want......

ladylunk
03-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Liz - Any weight loss plan where you're losing consistently and from your fat stores will cause estrogen to be released into your body and really mess with your TOM.

**If you have a squeemish stomach than stop reading** I have to tell you a funny, but not so funny story. My TOM decided to visit on Sunday and it seemed pretty normal, but then on Monday it was like a dang dam broke and river started flowing. I had to change tampons FIVE TIMES in one day. It was awful and I still had leakage! Gross. So I went to the store and bought ULTRA tampons and ULTRA (heavy flow) pads. Opened up the pads and laughed my head off. I swear these things were at least 8-9 inches long! I've never seen anything like it! Made me think I wasn't the only out there with troubles. :D:dizzy:
:

This made me lau!gh regarding the ultra pads. Asked my husband to pick up some pads awhile ago and he doesn't know what the heck to get, well he came home with some ultra super heavy flow suckers and let me tell you did we ever have a laugh after unrolling those monsters out of their package! Huge!

funstaffordmom
03-13-2013, 08:56 PM
So.... I had my DD Rx filled today and while so I had my pressure checked. Granted it wasn't TOO high, but it was hypertension high...... I had a salad and IP pasta for lunch then attempted to donate blood after. I was rejected because my iron was low :( So I'm a bit bummed tonight.....

d23
03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
:carrot:

Day 17 I have lost 11lb so far

Creaving for lemon:dizzy:

Calisto
03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
I am getting my first blood workup done next week since I started IP, excited to see what it says! Will post my before and after results once I get them!

I also haven't seen my primary doctor since I started, she has no idea. I am sure she will be surprised I have lost 70 lb since I last saw her!

lovetorun3
03-13-2013, 09:08 PM
I am starving today, is it ok to have a real omlet if I want to save my shake for my afternoon snack?? I brought the shake for bfast but I am going to need something more. If I did egg, peppers, spinach, mushrooms would that affect me too much? I'm thinking TOM is to blame as I am waiting for it anyday now, I just dont want to cave here at work and eat a bunch of crap I shouldnt. Especially since someone left chocolate cake in the breakroom :(

I have 2 scrambled eggs with veggies almost every day for breakfast! I just count it towards my total protein & veggies. Eggs fill me up much more than a shake in the morning. So I save my IP shake for a mid morning snack.
No need to cave, have the omelet :D

pinkeetoz
03-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Looking for cheaper shakes then the Ideal Protein. Found the EAS MYOPLEX chocolate fudge at Walmart. Are these comparable enough to replace the IP shakes? Anyone use these? Experience?

ragdoll74
03-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Looking for cheaper shakes then the Ideal Protein. Found the EAS MYOPLEX chocolate fudge at Walmart. Are these comparable enough to replace the IP shakes? Anyone use these? Experience?

I just replied on the other thread. The EAS Advantage are ok, the others are too many carbs and I think the fat% is too high.

Desafinado
03-13-2013, 09:13 PM
I wish people would remember that IP is a marathon, not a sprint. That's all.

scorbett1103
03-13-2013, 09:21 PM

I wish I could "like" this post :)

pinkeetoz
03-13-2013, 09:33 PM
How is the taste? As good as IP shake?

pinkeetoz
03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Way to go, Calisto :) Excited for you!!!

scorbett1103
03-13-2013, 09:39 PM
How is the taste? As good as IP shake?

I never used the IP drink mixes, I always made the puddings into shakes. The EAS are not as thick as pudding shakes, but I like them.

Missdee18
03-13-2013, 09:40 PM
WI yesterday -3. Finally a good week. Have been like a yo-yo the last few weeks. :)

TNmom
03-13-2013, 10:23 PM
WI yesterday -3. Finally a good week. Have been like a yo-yo the last few weeks. :)

YAY for good weeks :). I'm nervous about my WI tomorrow. I know its not going to be as good as week one but anything over 2lbs and I'm happy.

bellasamimom
03-13-2013, 10:25 PM

That is what my next Alex and Ani bracelet will say. 10 more lbs and that will be on my wrist for me to read everyday ;)

De11s
03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Had my WI after work today was down another .8 so I now have officially lost over 30#.

leannekarella
03-13-2013, 10:39 PM

:cp: "LIKE"

lisa32989
03-13-2013, 10:44 PM
:bravo:

aliboo723
03-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Are we all at TOM this week?? Lots of dedication to TOM today on this board. lol I am on TOM too.

Haha! I guess so. Me too!
:o

aliboo723
03-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Trying to work up the courage to "break up" with my coach. I've been on IP for 8 weeks and all I do is stop in to the office for 15 minutes a week, get weighed, measured in bust, waist and hips and then pay for my products. I have lost 20lbs so far and think I can do it on my own, but I'm scared that if I don't have to pay so much and report in to a coach I won't be a serious with it and backtrack.

leannekarella
03-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Trying to work up the courage to "break up" with my coach. I've been on IP for 8 weeks and all I do is stop in to the office for 15 minutes a week, get weighed, measured in bust, waist and hips and then pay for my products. I have lost 20lbs so far and think I can do it on my own, but I'm scared that if I don't have to pay so much and report in to a coach I won't be a serious with it and backtrack.

That is the question you must answer for yourself. If you can do this on your own. A lot of people (me included) have gone away from their coaches, but you have to be totally dedicated to the diet and yourself. If you need the accountability to stay OP, then maybe you shouldn't leave your coach quite yet. That's not a bad thing; it's knowing what you need to succeed. :)

aliboo723
03-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Thanks. I really feel dedicated on this diet. I have done others (weight watchers, Slim-n-up) and have lost 25 - 30 lbs to just stop and then regain +. I really feel different this time though. I didn't start until I was sure I was ready to commit to it. I'd been thinking about IP since August, but really couldn't afford the startup ($350 and up around here). I finally bit the bullet in January and decided that I wasn't looking back when I started. I have made it through multiple weddings, showers, birthdays and parties and NEVER cheated once! I'm very proud of that fact.
I don't feel I'm getting anything special with a coach and have tried alternative products while seeing my coach just to see if it would work for me. Of course my coach is clueless about the alts. I had my best loss with alts.
My original journey was supposed to begin on alternatives, but my hubby wanted me to do it "right" bc he wants me to be healthy and happy. I love him for it, but I also feel bad bc it's so expensive. I'm not used to spending that much money on me every week.
I guess I'll just have to continue to stew it over.
Thanks again! BTW, I love being able to share and know I'm understood bc others are in the same place. :D

fitandfabfrog
03-13-2013, 11:45 PM
amberjules thanks for that post. I found your blog yesterday and already started following it. Love it already. You will have to stop by mine sometime too...just got it started and it will be an emotional spew for a while until I can get those under control. but that is party of the journey!

So excited for this marathon training! I already know how to sprint!!

IP43
03-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Thanks. I really feel dedicated on this diet. I have done others (weight watchers, Slim-n-up) and have lost 25 - 30 lbs to just stop and then regain +. I really feel different this time though. ....I love him for it, but I also feel bad bc it's so expensive. I'm not used to spending that much money on me every week.

Don't think of it as spending money ON you but FOR your family so you'll have more time and energy to spend with them. Your hubby seems supportive, so stick with that and slowly start finding a few alternatives that you can use to supplement the IP costs. I have 2 IP packs a day at the most, but I like the convenience of those packs and going to see my coach. Ordering food online etc. is actually worse for me as I have to buy 6 bottles of WF ketchup at a time or whatever -- I've wasted way more money buying gross things and paying for shipping, than I have buying IP packs I know I'll like. You're worth it -- whatever way you decide to go!

IP43
03-14-2013, 12:07 AM
This made me lau!gh regarding the ultra pads. Asked my husband to pick up some pads awhile ago and he doesn't know what the heck to get, well he came home with some ultra super heavy flow suckers and let me tell you did we ever have a laugh after unrolling those monsters out of their package! Huge!

Sadly, while they are pretty freaking laughable to look at, I wear THREE of those at a time. I waddle like a freakin' duck. Also laughable to picture. Not so funny for us that have to buy those however. I couldn't decide if I was offended or grateful when Always came out with a 14+ size pad. Really? I need to be reminded I'm big 'everywhere'...sheesh!

AnnaBoBanna
03-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Sadly, while they are pretty freaking laughable to look at, I wear THREE of those at a time. I waddle like a freakin' duck. Also laughable to picture. Not so funny for us that have to buy those however. I couldn't decide if I was offended or grateful when Always came out with a 14+ size pad. Really? I need to be reminded I'm big 'everywhere'...sheesh!

I know someone that wears these too....also not easy on the wallet!

AnnaBoBanna
03-14-2013, 12:15 AM
Today was a hectic day. It began with a difficult microbiology exam, and then a microbiology lab quiz. And of course, little sleep last night!

I got home, exhausted, and took a nap. Got ready and took my parents out to dinner for their birthdays that we couldn't celebrate last month. I had a great meal! Started off with a side salad full of chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions, oil/vinegar. Then I got an 8oz sirloin steak with a beautiful side of asparagus. I also had some yummy mushrooms. While everyone ate their key lime pie and bananas foster, I ended with a hot tea and milk.

Watched some DVR programs and worked on a personal project, and now I'm ready to head to bed.

Hmm. Maybe not as hectic as I thought LOL.

TOM just arrived and I am determined to beat her a** and drink water by the gallon. My good friend is coming down this weekend from Maine and we're going to do fun stuff!

workingit50
03-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Today I had several emotional challenges including a LONG drive and had to limit liquids to not stop every 20 min to pee. And, as we approached home got a call from a renter who drove her car into the rental house! Got to location and she really hit the house hard, you could see into the house from the damage. No one hurt. Then my teenage daughter out of town called and said her boyfriend lost her car keys, no spare. UGH!

I had such an emotional response that I wanted to soothe with food and a drink.

I didn't, but this kind of "stuff" would have made for a night of binge to comfort the emotions. Now, I am just looking forward to bed to end this day. Thanks for letting me vent. Staying OP was hard today:devil:

amberjules
03-14-2013, 01:37 AM

I know right..........Crazy how big those things are. I'm sure your husband was so overwhelmed by all the choices. Heck I'm a woman and I spent 20 minutes looking at my options.

amberjules thanks for that post. I found your blog yesterday and already started following it. Love it already. You will have to stop by mine sometime too...just got it started and it will be an emotional spew for a while until I can get those under control. but that is party of the journey!

So excited for this marathon training! I already know how to sprint!!

What'st he name of your blog? Can't wait to read it!

OMG....I just about pee'd my pants laughing so hard at your post. I had to grab the package and see if mine said 14+ size...dang...it does say that!!!!! Maybe that's what they mean when they say "Ultra" tampons...is it really Ultra or PLUS SIZE?????? Thank God I have one of the 9 inch long pads on because I think I just laughed so hard I pee'd.:carrot::carrot: