Chicks up for a Challenge - FAT CAMP: Join any Time ** Set Goals ** Be Accountable ** Give/Get Support!

munchey
03-12-2013, 10:25 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/animals_91.gif http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/vpig27.gifhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/animals_91.gif

Are you ready to start working on some goals? Documenting them helps keep you accountable.

~ FAT CAMP ~ GET FIT! - LOSE WEIGHT! ~ SUNDAY CHECK INS

Anyone can check into Fat Camp. Check-in day is Sunday**. Set weekly goals (Sunday thru Saturday) and set long-term goals. Set goals in accordance with your current physical condition: weight loss, weight maintenance, aerobic exercise, workout goals.

**NOTE: The weekly weigh-in is designated as Sunday, but you can join in at any time and designate a different weigh-in day if it works for you.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/5564.gif

Join in with other camp participants and get and give each other support.

livelaughlovesunshin
03-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Last Sunday I weighed 293.6. My goal is to lose 3 lbs by this coming Sunday.
Short term goal is 50 lbs by June 13.

munchey
03-13-2013, 11:21 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/WELCOME/arg-dancing-welcome-whitebg-url.gif
livelaughlovesunshin
Welcome to camp!

Good luck with your goals this week.
Naughty

amandie
03-13-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm in!!

My goal for this week by Sunday to lose at least 1lb as in being 168.0 or lower!

Short term goals- 15 lbs by June which would put me around 154 from 169. Get back to working out, I think I may start with walking first.
Long term goal- to be less than 140lbs by Thanksgiving in time for my 28th birthday.

amandie
03-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Good luck to you, Livelaughlovesunshin with your goals!!

What about you, Munchey? :) Thanks so much for setting this up!

Crow
03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Count me in too! Great idea Munchey.

I aim to lose a modest 1lb a week (I'm breastfeeding) so this Sunday 17th I aim to be 173lbs.

Long term I want to be 165lbs by April 28th -- a big family occasion. I'll set a new goal then.

Pink Hurricane
03-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I am definitely in! This kind of reminds me of True Life's I'm Going to Fat Camp. :) Anyways great idea, let's keep this going!

Weight as of last Sunday: 240
Goal for this Sunday is to have lost 2 pounds.

By my birthday in June, I would like to be as close to Onderland as possible (209-200)

munchey
03-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi Everyone! I had some trouble getting onto the site earlier today, but here I am. Welcome everyone! Here are the goals I'm working on reaching by Sunday.

My goals for the week 3-10-13 thru 3-16-13 are:

Current Weight: 229
Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 25 miles
Exercise Body Parts = DVD's - One 30 minute session a day

Mid-term goal: Get to one-der-land by 6-30-13 (199 or less)
Long-term goal: 140 lbs.

IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES

Continue to work on getting up earlier in the morning - Target time 6:00 a.m
Sleep target - 8 hours of quality sleep (no more)
Improve my timing on doing things at the best time of day
Continue to work on getting this metabolism jump started!
Ration computer time - exercise comes first

Naughty

Jez
03-13-2013, 10:56 PM
OH ME ME ME.

My goal for this week is to be 167 by Sunday. My next goal out is to be 159 by 3/31. I have a lot going on with potential job environment change, and an interstate move. Along with a vicious bout of depression and withdrawing from people I am using every excuse I possibly can to binge. I need a fat camp!

munchey
03-14-2013, 12:07 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/5692.gif

WELCOME NEW CAMPERS!

JEZ:
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. You can do this! Do you have some Winter depression going on or is it situational. Do you have some healthy/low calorie snacks available? Sometimes having some satisfying snacks to have occasionaly can ward off a binge.

PINK HURRICANE:
I see a Birthday in Wonderland in your future!

CROW:
Let's get you ready for that event on April 28th!

AMANDIE:
Walking is a good start! I have knee problems, so I spend a lot of time walking my hyperactive dog.

munchey
03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/DAYS%20OF%20WEEK/thur3.gif
HAPPY THURSDAY!
This week is moving fast & the weekend will be here soon. I'm going to catch a movie this afternoon with a friend and then go out to dinner. I plan to bring my own salad dressing with me. I wish restaurants offered more options for reduced calorie dressings. We may be going to a Mexican restaurant - my mantra will be "no chips, no chips, no chips".

Have a good day everyone!
Naughty

amandie
03-14-2013, 02:03 PM
I love that pic of the sexy pig in the black lingerie! :)

Naughty- Ah, the mexican restaurants and their endless chips/salsa. Sometimes I ask them not to bring it to our table or move it over to the other side because I know I cannot resist, lol. Sending you some :dust: to resist the chips!! Sounds like you'll have a nice afternoon, enjoy the movie!
PS- Thanks! I just need to get a dog so that would encourage me to start walking more. :lol: Though I am concerned because a few times when I have driven by in my neighborhood, I have seen some dogs in their yard without a leash so I get worried about getting attacked especially since I am completely deaf in both ears so I would not know if they were coming after me, ick. Still figuring that part out.

Not much is up today, just have tons and tons of laundry to get done and get the house clean before my sister comes in town on Saturday. I am thinking I want an easy dinner tonight- leftover chicken and spinach alfredo on tortilla wraps then topped with cheese then baked as pizza or maybe as "quesadillas."

Hope everyone else has a good day as well! :)

Roo2
03-14-2013, 03:06 PM
I weighed today and I am now 111.4 Pounds...:carrot:
So staying and plan and continue drinking by water Yeah!

Roo2:carrot:

foreverfaye
03-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Fat Camp never sounded so fun!
I'm definitely in!
SW: 248
CW: 242

Sunday goal: 239

Short-term goal 04/16/2013- 228 (-20 lbs!)

amandie
03-14-2013, 09:25 PM
I am definitely in! This kind of reminds me of True Life's I'm Going to Fat Camp. :) Anyways great idea, let's keep this going!

Weight as of last Sunday: 240
Goal for this Sunday is to have lost 2 pounds.

By my birthday in June, I would like to be as close to Onderland as possible (209-200)

I never saw TL's I'm going to Fat Camp. I've only seen TL's I used to be Fat and actually watched it almost everytime I worked out on the ellipitcal. Love that show.

Good luck to you on your goals!!! Let's get it done.

Welcome to others that joined in recently! Good luck to you all on goals!

munchey
03-15-2013, 12:52 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/DAYS%20OF%20WEEK/fri14.gif

TGIF CAMPERS! Hope everyone is ready for the weekend!

Let's keep moving and stay on our food plans

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/EXERCISE/zanimals0024-1.gif

Welcome Roo & Foreverfaye

AMANDIE:
Thanks for the willpower dust. I took a double dose and ended up having a salad that was healthy for the most part. I put salsa on it instead of salad dressing.

amandie
03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Happy it is Friday!!! Saw 168.2 so I am definitely going to be GOOD this weekend if I wanna make my goal on Sunday. :crossed:

Last night's dinner turned out good and fortunately everyone else liked them too, lol.

Tomorrow will be a huge get-together for poker at my dad's club and there's gonna be a ton of food (pulled pork, meatballs, lil wieners, hot/bbq wings, chips, nachos, etc.) Luckily I am able avoid a lot of them due to my health issues but that means I will need to bring my own food if I don't want to starve. I am thinking about making "healthier" hot spinach/artichoke dip. I will have to google some recipes and have that with pita chips. Homemade pasta or potato salad too.

This St. Patrick's is gonna be different for me from the previous years. No drinking at all. I am thinking about making beef and rice cabbage rolls with either mushroom sauce, beef "gravy" or maybe both. I normally make it with tomato sauce but since I have severe acid reflux so avoiding tomatoes for now.

Hope everyone has a GREAT OP weekend!

Naughty- Happy to hear you made good choices yesterday! :)

amandie
03-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Ugh, TOM is here (I knew it was coming for almost 2 weeks) but cramps is just ughughugh, lol. Keeping my fingers crossed for weigh-in on Sunday but I guess we will have to see. Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

munchey
03-16-2013, 12:16 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/OCCASIONS/clover_hat.gif

HAPPY SATURDAY AND ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
Have a good weekend everyone! Good luck on your Sunday Weigh-in (or hope you had a great recent weigh-in)

Naughty
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/OCCASIONS/leprcha0.gif

angiemama
03-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Can I join you ladies? I'm looking for something with more accountabilty and this looks perfect!

I weigh in daily, but record my weights on Sundays.

Tomorrow I would like to see 181 again as I just got there today and want to hold steady.

Weekly- 1-2 pounds per week
Long term goal: 135 by September 30th.

amandie
03-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Welcome, Angie!!!

I was 168.4 this morning. Hopefully tomorrow! :)

L J
03-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi all, can I join? I have been looking for a friendly group to join in on here and you guys seem like a good fit.

I'm Laura, 26, currently 147.4. BMI is 25.4; my first goal is to get to 145 which will be a healthy BMI for my height. My high weight was 200lbs the day after my third child was born, 18 months ago. Thirty of that came off easily, then I got from 170 to 159.8 over the course of about 6 months just making small changes. Every ounce since has been super hard, but worth it. I don't feel healthy at this weight and body fat, and I can't wait to have more stamina to run around with my kids!

Long term goal, I would like to be around 140 in May when we are planning to have our first ever professional family photos done. I want to be able to hang a picture of me and my kids on the wall and not cringe every time I walk past it.

For this week, my goal is to get at least 6 hours of sleep a night. I am spread really thin, and sleep is always what gets compromised.

Angiemama - I feel you on wanting to hold steady! I can't let myself really believe it until I see it two or three days in a row. Here's hoping its the same or even lower tomorrow!

Crow - I'm breastfeeding, too! :) How old is your baby? Mine is 18 months, so I don't have to allot to terribly many calories to nursing, since she only nurses a couple times a day lately.

Jez - sounds like a really stressful time of life right now. I'm so sorry you are struggling. Hoping you can be out of the 160s when you are shooting for; I bet that will perk you up! The 160s took me a long time to break out of, and it was the best feeling to see 159 on the scale!

Munchey - a salad with salsa instead of dressing sounds wonderful! I think you just decided what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Sinderelly
03-16-2013, 07:17 PM
I want to join!!

My weight as of last Sunday was -230
My week long goal is -2
My long term goal is 170 by the end of September when I fly to Florida to see friends I haven't seen in a year.

munchey
03-17-2013, 12:00 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/WELCOME/welcome_6Colorful.gif

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS! YOU CAN DO THIS!

ANGIEMAMA:
I'm rooting for you to make your goal by 9-30-13. You can do it!

LJ/LAURA
I'm betting that you will make that May goal and have a fantastic family photo and feel better too. Any extra sleep you can catch is helpful to weight loss.

Sinderelly:
I know you will look wonderful when you go to Florida in September. Your friends will be amazed.

Munchey

angiemama
03-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks munchy!
Thinking positivity for the morning weigh in!

Crow and LJ - I'm breastfeeding too! Lol- my little guy is nine months and I pump snide I'm working

Crow
03-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Looks like I'm first to weighi in this Sunday -- that's GMTfor you!

My goal for today was 173lbs and I made it! 173 on the button this morning. Hope my long-term goal works out as well. My goal for next Sunday is 172lbs.

Hello to LJ and angie, fellow breastfeeding mamas! My little man is 8 months and very well established on 3 spoonfeeds a day, which is why I think the weight-loss is finally working. I work part-time so if I give him a big feed in the morning before we get up he can usually hold on until I get home for him just after lunch.

A big Happy St. Patrick's Day to all from the Emerald Isle!! :kissluck::patrick::goldpot:

dangerouscurvesahead
03-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Count me in!
Ive been so slack in my journey for the past month or so that i really need to get myself back in the mood of ME! Havent been on a scale in a good while cuz im scared to to be honest. Used to do at least 30 minutes of exercise 7 days a week and now lucky if i get 1 day in.
So goals for the week of 3/18/13-3/24/13...
* 3 days of official activtrax work-outs in at the gym.
* 2 days of tabata class at gym.
* start counting calories again. (1400 daily)
* make ME a priority again.
* ill weigh myself at end of the week and go from there for weekly lose goals.
* my aim is 1-2 lb loss a week.
I will weigh myself asap so as to get back on track.

munchey
03-17-2013, 11:47 AM

My actuals for 3-10-13 thru 3-16-13 are:
Current Weight: 228 (Come on two teens)
LOSS: 1 pound
MILES: 25
DVDS: Did not meet :(

WHAT WENT WELL:
I was close to a 2 pound loss, but didn't quite make it. My personal strategy is to NOT claim a pound until it it a whole pound on the loss side. Did well with my food plan, but there is still room for improvement. I'm happy to see new campers posting!

Sleep target - 8 hours of quality sleep (need to limit # of time I wake up & manage pain better)
Take an epsom salt & lavender bath before bedtime this week.
Get in 30 minutes of some type of aerobics before breakfast each day
Ration computer time - balance exercise with stock market monitoring

My goals for the week 3-17-13 thru 3-23-13 are:

Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 30 miles

Munchey

munchey
03-17-2013, 11:49 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/Fat-1LB.jpg

L J
03-17-2013, 11:59 AM
So many of us breastfeeding! That's so cool!

I weighed in this morning, and I'm absolutely flabbergasted by what the scale said. I was 147.4 yesterday, and 145.4 today!

Sunday is my day off, so I did get enough sleep for a change. Usually, my daughter is asleep in the morning when I leave for work at 7am and she doesn't nurse until my lunch break. This morning, I put her in bed for some snuggles and she nursed both sides. I guess that's why my weight was so low this morning?! In any case, I will take it! I think I can keep myself from being devastated if it goes up again tomorrow.

Crow, congrats on hitting your goal!

Joy, welcome! Congrats on making the decision to make you a priority again!

jossyju12
03-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Current weight as of 3/17/2013: 225

Goal for 3/24/2013: 222

L J
03-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Munchey, you have the best clip art! I'm sorry you didn't quite hit your goal, but I love your attitude! You are doing a great job! Stock market monitoring, huh? Is that your job or just a passion?

munchey
03-17-2013, 12:04 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/SALUTATIONS/Hi-bee_3_.gif

CROW:
Good job on the 1 pound loss! Keep up the good work!

DANGEROUSCURVESAHEAD:
Welcome! You can do this! I can relate to "being afraid of the scale" and not weighing for an extended length of time. I've learned that it only makes things worse in the long run. Knowledge is power.

munchey
03-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Munchey, you have the best clip art! I'm sorry you didn't quite hit your goal, but I love your attitude! You are doing a great job! Stock market monitoring, huh? Is that your job or just a passion?
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/CARTOONS/elephnt2.gif
I was laid off my job as of January 1, so I'm not working right now. I pulled out my 401K into a rollover IRA and have been in the process of reinvesting that money and a personal account. In some ways, it's my job right now, LOL.

I've collected the graphics over several years. I'm a bit kid at heart - got to have some fun along the way.

Munchey

munchey
03-17-2013, 12:43 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/BANNERS/FAT%20CAMP/121175046194505376_UrWePQLD_b_zps7dcb0b73.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/BANNERS/FAT%20CAMP/cooltext874061840.gif

I hope everyone is ready to take on a new week. Remember, this is your journey - tailored for you. You only fail when you quit trying. The path to Fat Camp this week is a more tranquil one. The suggested assignments below are voluntary, but I hope you will try them.

1. POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS: Make daily positive affirmations. Suggestion is for three. You can say them to yourself, write them on a pad of paper or note them electronically. Hopefully you will come to this thread and post your affirmations at least 2 times during the week.

Examples:

I forgive myself for any and all past mistakes
I deserve to succeed
I choose to be happy
I have the power to realize my goals
I am becoming better everyday
I only have positive mental pictures
I know how to promote my emotional and physical well-being.
I take care of my body's needs
I see myself at my healthy weight and I achieve it
I have non-stop daily determination to reach my healthy weight
I like long walks
It is easy for me to stay on my plan to obtain my healthy weight
I picture myself at my perfect weight
I have a positive attitude about what I eat, how I eat, and when I eat
My body burns fat like a furnace
Developing healthy eating habits becomes easier each day
I stay on a healthy eating plan and maintain my healthy weight easily
Each day, I automatically and successfully get healthier and healthier

This might be difficult for some, but give it a try to come up with some personalized affirmations. If any of the above examples suit you, please use them.

2. REWARDS: Decide on some rewards for yourself. i.e. a reward for a certain number of pounds lost, for staying on your food plan for a certain duration or perhaps for your exercise performance. Don't wait to reach the ultimate goal, you need to reward your achievements along the way.

3. REDUCE YOUR STRESS: Try some ways to reduce your stress. Maybe it is a nice warm bath with candles, or perhaps some meditation. Breathing exercises can be an easy tool for those who are pressed for time. Give something a try and share it with the team! I'll post a breathing exercise that should be easy for everyone to try.

LET'S ROCK THIS WEEK!

Sinderelly
03-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Missed my goal by 1 lb..ugh. .next sunday I will it hit!

Current- 229
Goal- 226

amandie
03-17-2013, 01:58 PM
:welcome: Laura, Sinderelly, Joy and Jossyju12! Good luck on all of your goals!

Congrats on making this week's goal, Crow!

Munchey- Love your attitude as well!! I also really like the affirmations/stress reduction ideas. I will have to try some of them.

Sinderelly- you still have a pound loss, yay!!! :crossed: for you to hit 226! :)

I did not quite make goal this week (168.4), .4 shy of my 1lb goal. I kinda want to blame TOM since I was on plan all week but I am glad not to have seen 169 again! :carrot: Like Munchey mentioned earlier in her post, I, too, would prefer to claim a whole pound before I count it as a loss.

Goals for 3/17 to 3/23- Lose 1.5 lbs and start walking 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanx for the warm welcome ladies, so glad to be in an active thread which i hope will help me more as i like to be able to journal my days events and such.
Munchy~ the daily affirmations are a wonderful idea!
I will also add a small rewards at the end of each week that i reach goal. Ive pulled my cc journal back out and updated my calculations for my current lifestyle so ill edit my weekly goal as well. Sundays are my " get ready for the week" day. Get housework and laundry and outside ( weather permitting) errands and things caught up.
Its a rainy dreary day here in va. so been inside all day but have gotten my dusting sweeping vaccuming and mopping all done. Laundry is well on its way. Dishes ( hate doing dishes) are soaking as i browse 3fc.
Luv the cartoons!

munchey
03-17-2013, 03:49 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/CAMP/animatedcampfiremarshmellow.gif
MY POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS:

I feel like I've lost a few pounds - more loss to come!
My physical endurance has improved and will only get better
I control the outcome - I can get this weight off!
Each day is a new opportunity and I will take it!

MY REWARDS:
10 Pounds: A new rose bush to plant in my yard
One-Der-Land: A bicycle
Goal Weight: I have some time to think about that (Perhaps a make-over spa day?)
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/irish2.gif

dangerouscurvesahead
03-17-2013, 04:29 PM

angiemama
03-17-2013, 05:01 PM
My positive affirmation:
I have already lost so much and I CAN lose the rest
I will run that half marathon
I glow when I drink lots of water so drink up!

My rewards:
When I hit 170- dinner out in the city with the hubby
When I hit 160- dinner and a movie
When I hit 150- new work clothes from banana and Ann Taylor
When I hit 135- whole new wardrobe

angiemama
03-17-2013, 05:21 PM
And weight loss goal for the week- 2 lbs- 179 by Sunday!
Come on 170s!!!

dangerouscurvesahead
03-17-2013, 05:21 PM
My Affirmations...
* ive been a huge motivation for others around me which means i have come a long way and can continue my journey successfully.
* i am going to make mistakes but its not the end all of my journey.
* i WILL have the POWER to make a better healthier me!

Crow
03-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Another great idea Munchey!!

My positive affirmations:
I've done this before, I can do it again
I deserve to look great
Slow and steady I can make good progress
This journey is for my family as well as myself

My rewards:
When I hit 165 - a great new haircut
When I hit 150 - new shoes
When I hit 130 - redecorate my bedroom
When I hit goal - whole new wardrobe

Jez
03-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Jez - sounds like a really stressful time of life right now. I'm so sorry you are struggling. Hoping you can be out of the 160s when you are shooting for; I bet that will perk you up! The 160s took me a long time to break out of, and it was the best feeling to see 159 on the scale! I feel like it's harder when you aren't used to being that heavy. Especially because I originally gained it, lost it, and then gained it BACK. Frustrating, because I don't have the motivation this time around.

My goal for last week was to reach 167 by Sunday, and I did. This week's goal is to be 164 by next Sunday. I still have a lot of water on, so it's not that high of a goal. I just need to stop bingeing on the carbs. :)

ETA: I can't do rewards, because I don't ever not let myself have/do stuff I want (instant gratification, lols). My reward is just going to be that I'm smaller and can get back into my clothes.

amandie
03-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Positive affirmations-

*I choose to make healthy choices for myself because I know I feel great afterwards.
*I feel so good with my current weight loss progress and I want to feel even better when I have lost the rest which I know I CAN do.
*I deserve to be at my ideal weight.
*I feel great after working out consistently.

Rewards-

162lbs- 1 bottle of soak-off gel polish
153lbs- Summer dress
144lbs- Purse
135lbs- Hmm, TBD (though it will likely be a whole new wardrobe since I have no clothes that will fit me at this weight! :D)

livelaughlovesunshin
03-18-2013, 02:04 AM
I weighed in today and I am at 288.8. I know I can't except to lose this amount every week so I would like to lose 2 lbs by next Sunday.

amandie
03-18-2013, 02:15 AM
Wow!! What an awesome loss for this week, livelovelaughsunshin! Happy for you. :carrot:

dangerouscurvesahead
03-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Its a snowy monday morning here in va. and schools are on a 2hr delay. Ive got a tabata class at noon today and then ill do my activtrax routine afterwards. Im determined to get back into my exercise routine and calorie counting again! I felt so good while i was in the midst of it. I think or hoping it was just part of my winter blues phase and im working on getting thru it!
Samantha~ congrats on ur loss for the week. Heres to an OP monday for everyone!

munchey
03-18-2013, 10:00 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/cheer5-1.gif

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE - HAPPY MONDAY!
LET'S GET MOVING!

I love you positive affirmations and reward ideas (may even use some of them myself, lol). Keep up the good work! Every day is a new opportunity!!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS. THIS WEEK PRESENTS NEW OPPORTUNITIES!

DANGEROUSCURVESAHEAD:
I'll send you some California sunshine. Exercise should help elevate your mood. Spring sunshine is around the corner.

LIVELAUGHLOVESUN:
Congrats on the loss - good job!

JEZ:
You are right, the best reward is better health, better body and fitting into cute outfits and feeling good in them!

AMANDIE:
I know that scale is going to move more next week!

Munchey

angiemama
03-18-2013, 12:37 PM
munchey- I can send some sunshine too.. It's been beautiful up here in OREGON! Thank goodness for that too, because my mood immediately lifts when the sun is out.

Goal for today- CARDIOmama! I got to gets myself to the gym stat!

I really can't rely on the 30 mins of running to do the trick anymore- I need to move it in other ways, on other days.

amandie
03-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Dangerouscurvesahead- I hear you on the winter blues. I am SO glad spring/summer is coming because I am done with snow, lol. Sending you some sunshine although there isn't that much of it around here, lol.

Lucky you, Angie! Send a bit more of that lovely sunshine around here, please!! :) I totally wish I could be a runner. I am seriously considering the c25k program. Go, cardiomama! I understand the need to change it up.

I had a late night so I got up a bit later than I'd have liked. Today, I am going to try for 30 minutes on the elliptical with the lowest setting, it has been over a year since I last used that thing! Wish me luck, y'all! :D Tonight is dart league at 6 so hopefully I won't be too sore, heh.

munchey
03-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I have pinned some interesting Health/Fitness/Recipe articles to my Pinterest Board (s). Thought I'd share the address in case anyone is interested in checking it out.

http://pinterest.com/naughtynibbler/

Munchey

dangerouscurvesahead
03-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Well we ended up with 2 inches of snow this a.m and schools went from 2hrs late to closed. It turned to rain a few hrs ago and hasnt even melted the snow. So needless to say no gym today which means i missed a tabata class and my activtrax is put off yet another day. Im a boredom eater and well ive definitely been bored today the dreary weather makes it hard to find any motivation or energy. Thanx ladies for the rays being sent my way hope they reach me soon! Ive been just sitting around watching tv but i have kept my big jug of water in my lap so that i grab that to drink in place of some munchies. I guess Id say today is a wash on the healthy front, well kinda... ive made healthy choices but will be over my calories and very little movement. Hope you ladies are having a better monday.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-18-2013, 05:23 PM

amandie
03-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Joy- I have yet to work out too! Been lazyin' about on the couch watching TV. Still making healthy choices too.

Munchey- Thank you so much for sharing the link! I actually found a recipe (http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/culinary-institute-5-veggie-pasta-pie) for tomorrow night's dinner.. I will not be using the tomatoes and carrots though, using shredded and sliced/diced zucchini and some onions/bell pepper mix in place of both and maybe some panko crumbs on top. Oh and eggbeaters instead of whole eggs. Can't wait!

I bought the 110 whole-wheat bagel thins from Sam's Club and they were not... great, kinda cardboard tasting. Since I hate wasting food, today I dipped them in eggbeaters/water/sugar/cinnamon mixture to make "french" bagels/toast out of them and they were pretty tasty with 2 tbsp real maple syrup and sliced bananas. Next time, I will stick with the everything bagel since that's what I really like instead of whole-wheat (I did like Sara Lee's WW bagels just fine so not sure why this tastes funny.) Okay, I better get off my butt, take a shower, and get something to eat before I leave for darts tonight. I may still get a workout in afterwards. :crossed: Hope everyone else is having a better and productive day than I am! :)

amandie
03-18-2013, 05:34 PM

:rofl:

dangerouscurvesahead
03-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Gmorning~
Its a new day and another chance to do good for myself! The snow and ice are gone and today is suppose to be 60 not much sunshine but at least not cold. Ive got a few errands to run today but my first stop will be the gym for a good hard work-out! I may even buy my own scale for home as the old slide scale at the gym isnt even level with no one on it and is very discouraging. Ill check back in later to report my PROGRESS. Amandie glad u liked the cartoon, i was so relieved when i learned the "right" way to do it lol!

munchey
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/vpig27.gif

HEY CAMPERS!

I got to the park yesterday and got in at least 3 miles. My plan is to get back there today or do an equivalent amount of miles around home.

I enjoyed the finale for The Biggest Loser Yesterday! I'm glad that Danni won. Everyone looked great! Danni, Gina, Lisa and the other ladies. The men looked good as well - especially Joe. I though Joe looked hot - buff and all smiles.

AMANDIE:
Pinterest can be a great place to store personal copies of articles, references and a lot of fun and interesting things. The challenge is to NOT let it comsume too much of your time. I tend to hear a lot of good info. and many time forget about it down the road, but with Pinterest, I can go back and shop through my own copies.

DANGEROUS: Glad the weather is better. Good luck with the scale purchase. Don't be surprised if you get a digital scale that it may go goofy down the road. It has happened to me twice in a row. I'm just living with the quirks on my recent one (first read is always 6-7 pounds over & have to make multiple attempts at weighting before I get a reasonably accurate read - this is with a new battery)

Munchey

Jez
03-19-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm not so sure i'll reach my 164 goal this Sunday. I'm 167 for the third day. So, I'm changing my goal to something actually better-- not bingeing all week. 167 is a-ok with me, because it means I didn't sit down to 3,000 calories of carbohydrates the night before. :)
I have exciting stuff going on this week, re: a job interview in another state (driving distance), so I'll be out of town for a couple days as I go interview and scramble around to look at potential housing (my lease is up in 12 days lolzzz). But this is the change I've been waiting for, and I have a feeling it'll impact my mood and motivation a bazillion fold. So, it's all good. Hope everyone has a motivated week!

munchey
03-19-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm not so sure i'll reach my 164 goal this Sunday. I'm 167 for the third day. So, I'm changing my goal to something actually better-- not bingeing all week. 167 is a-ok with me, because it means I didn't sit down to 3,000 calories of carbohydrates the night before. :)
I have exciting stuff going on this week, re: a job interview in another state (driving distance), so I'll be out of town for a couple days as I go interview and scramble around to look at potential housing (my lease is up in 12 days lolzzz). But this is the change I've been waiting for, and I have a feeling it'll impact my mood and motivation a bazillion fold. So, it's all good. Hope everyone has a motivated week!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/cat31.gif
JEZ:
Good luck with the job interview! If it doesn't work out, there is likely a different opportunity around the corner.
Munchey

angiemama
03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
I'll admit to being a BIT pinterest obsessed! I love that site. It has great workouts, recipes, etc. It's awesome

amandie
03-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Haha, Munchey. I have a pinterest account and spend way too much time looking through it off/on, usually on "Popular" since I like a bit of everything. I don't pin articles much as I should, I just click "like" a ton so it takes a bit of a work for me to go back and find what I want, though the ctrl+f helps to narrow my search down a lot, lol. Wow, I just went back and looked at my pinterest account- I have 3,412 likes and only 13 pins, jeez. Love the cat 'toon gif!

Joy- Good luck with your scale purchase! I go through the same dance as Munchey to get a reasonable reading. Sometimes I just average it out with all the weight reads I get. I have two scales, the newer one gives me a lower reading than the old one which I kinda don't trust, lol. Yay for better weather there, it is nice today but it will be cold all week, boo.

Jez- Sounds like a great goal for this week. I wish you all the best of luck with the interview and finding a place to live!

I had a super early morning to an ultrasound appointment this am. Part of it was surprising because I thought it was just an abdominal ultrasound but no, it was also an endo-vaginal ultrasound which was not that bad as I thought it would be. Just...dang, I kinda wished they told me that part as well, you know? Anyway, I get to see the doc with the results on Thursday so :crossed: for good news. Dart league again tonight, fun fun. I did well last night, only lost 7 out of 9 games. Hopefully I can keep that up tonight.

For dinner tonight, I am going to make lemon pepper chicken meatballs with some shredded zucchini in them and lemony alfredo pasta with some spinach instead of the veggie pasta pie recipe I wanted to make since the boyfriend seemed not too enthusiastic about wanting to try it. Maybe another night. :shrug:

Jez
03-19-2013, 03:11 PM
JEZ:
Good luck with the job interview! If it doesn't work out, there is likely a different opportunity around the corner.
Munchey Agreed. Thanks! I'm not super worried.

Jez- Sounds like a great goal for this week. I wish you all the best of luck with the interview and finding a place to live! Thanks! Moving always sucks. It feels kind of especially stressful when it's relatively long distance, for some reason. Luckily, my current depression regarding everything is keeping me pretty apathetic and not very stressed. Hah!

amandie
03-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks! Moving always sucks. It feels kind of especially stressful when it's relatively long distance, for some reason. Luckily, my current depression regarding everything is keeping me pretty apathetic and not very stressed. Hah!

I moved to 2 different states (KC to AZ then AZ to IL) in less than a year then across town (20 minutes away from each other) after the year lease was up so I hear ya!! I am definitely not moving ever again now that we bought a house, LOL.

Jez
03-19-2013, 08:36 PM
YES! Moving is the worst. It'd be nice to settle down for a bit, that's what i'm hoping for.

amandie
03-20-2013, 02:25 AM
Whoa! Just made some chocolate muffins (http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/06/low-calorie-triple-chocolate-chunk.html) and they were duh-elicious! Even my very picky-eater niece actually liked it. Boyfriend loved it because you know, chocolate. I made half regular size (64 cals each) and the other half mini-muffins (32 cals each), well it's probably a little less since I didn't use all of the chocolate chips the recipe asked for.

PS: tips-1) if you decide to try it, be sure to process the oats along with remaining dry ingredients until it's the consistency of flour before adding the wet ingredients so the muffins will not be too tough from overmixing and etc. 2) grease the muffin pan or liners very well so it doesn't stick too bad to either one.

I am definitely considering bringing half with me to give away tomorrow when I go to work. I have been exercising serious willpower to stop at 1 regular and 2 mini-muffins. :tape:

Time to down a glass of water and go to bed. Good night all!

dangerouscurvesahead
03-20-2013, 08:10 AM
Gmornin ladies~
Hope everyone slept well, i hit the bed and died lol! I got my full work-out in yesterday and stayed pretty close to calorie count. Didnt realize i was going so far over my calorie count, it really sux that u can have to much of a good thing! I didn' t get my scale yesterday because i spent it on my daughters 14th bday present. Her bday is April 5th annd i found a charm bracelet to replace the 1 that got broke when her and her brother were wrestling, been looking since xmas so i had to do it and.a breast cancer charm and beads to go with it in honor of a dear close family friend we lost. But anyway... today is anothero tabata class at noon and im aiming for it and a full workout afterwards. The sun is shining and gonna be mid 50s so that means i wont get much done in the house today lol. Ill report back in later, have a great day ladies.

munchey
03-20-2013, 11:38 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/SEASONS%20-%20WEATHER%20-%20BEACH/SPRING/around_head_text-1.gif

IT IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING!

We are already experiencing it in California. I hope everyone in other areas will experience it soon!

I was a bit of a slacker yesterday. I got too wrapped up with stock market issues and was on the computer way too long. I'm planning to work in some exercises throughout the day today and alternate exercise and yard work with computer time. I have another trip to the park planned this afternoon with my dog, Becca and will get in 3 miles of walking.

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE!

AMANDIE:
The muffins sound great. You might consider freezing some of them in portion sizes with a baggie. When you can plan a serving in your diet plan, just remove it from the freezer and either thaw in advance or use the microwave to thaw and warm.

DANGEROUS:
Enjoy the sunshine! Sounds like the bracelet for your daughter was a good find.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Yea! Got my full work-out in today which was 30 min strength training today was chest, ab/core work and my 30 min tabata class pluss just got back from taking my dogs for a 2 mile stroll which is moderate terrain. Im tired and yet invigorated that i got a complete day in for me and no junk food nor over calorie! I can still do this!!!!

dangerouscurvesahead
03-20-2013, 06:24 PM
we cant give in to the sweat pants or we will never get into the bathing suit!

amandie
03-20-2013, 08:21 PM
You go, Joy! I totally understand that feeling- tired yet invigorated, miss that feeling actually. I believe you still CAN do it too!!! I love the bracelet that you got for your daughter.

Munchey- Thanks for the tips. I usually freeze baked goods but the problem is my willpower. That and the microwave too since I can just zap it for a few seconds and gobble it down, LOL. I gave away 4 full sized muffins and 12 of the mini-muffins, everyone seemed to like them and did not have an inkling that they were heatlhy. :devil:

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, yay!!! 2 more times before Sunday to meet my goal of 3 times a week. :) I went out to eat with the family tonight. I had steak and green beans along with a huge house salad. I think they cooked the green beans in butter or oil even though I asked them not to, just steamed green beans. Luckily I didn't have to eat too much since I had the salad. Steak was good, though a bit fatty throughout than I'd have liked. After the meal, I realized I still prefer homemade meals because I can make them the way I like it and I know what is in it.

amandie
03-20-2013, 08:22 PM
http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/736x/79/13/2c/79132c5ed172df11aaff70b39a6431ba.jpg

http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/736x/5b/33/d6/5b33d6ad81dcf925b6ddb2461e13b86b.jpg

I like these.

angiemama
03-20-2013, 09:56 PM
I like that first one amandie- it did take more than one day to put it on so it's not all going to come off in one swoop!

dangerouscurvesahead
03-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Gmornin ladies~
Woke up to snow flurries this a.m. how crazy is that?! Im not going to the gym today but will still get some activity in because ive got things that need to get done around the house today since its just me and the dogs home! Great reminder amandie, it didnt happen over night n it definitely wont go away that way. Have a great OP day ladies!

Jez
03-21-2013, 11:19 AM
http://dicktalens.com/the-myth-of-willpower-and-eat-less-move-more

I thought this was good.

Sinderelly
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm SOO incredibly busy recently (I'm a single mom of 3 kids, work full time, and as of Monday..I'm in school full time as well) that I'm losing motivation to work out! I am still keeping my calories down and eating right, but when my alarm goes off at 5 a.m. to work out before going to work.. I tend to hit snooze.. ugh.. someone motivate me! lol Need to hit my goal weigh loss this sunday since last sunday I missed it!

munchey
03-21-2013, 11:08 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/SALUTATIONS/NoPainNoGain.gif

HI CAMPERS
I didn't get much activity today, other than exercising my fingers on the computer. I'm considering today a rest day. My joints were achy and I had a hard time getting the momentum to get to the park today.

I took a warm bath with epsam salt and lavendar last night and that did help my joint pain enough so that I could get a decent night's sleep.

Anyone use a small fitness trampoline for exercising? I used to have one many years ago, but they are supposedly better now. I saw one advertised in a Costco brochure. I'm tempted to get one, but I'm just at the "thinking about it" stage.

Good night campers! Tomorrow is a new opportunity
Munchey
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/vpig9.gif

munchey
03-21-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm SOO incredibly busy recently (I'm a single mom of 3 kids, work full time, and as of Monday..I'm in school full time as well) that I'm losing motivation to work out! I am still keeping my calories down and eating right, but when my alarm goes off at 5 a.m. to work out before going to work.. I tend to hit snooze.. ugh.. someone motivate me! lol Need to hit my goal weigh loss this sunday since last sunday I missed it!

SINDERELLY:
I appreciate your situation, there probably isn't enough of you to go around. It is important to get enough sleep. Start thinking positive thought about getting up with the alarm. You can do this! Think about your reward of being slimmer, healthier and wearing those hot outfiits! Let me see if I can help a little more.

We will start out with a little kick in the rear:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/Kick.gif

If that doesn't work, we will step it up to this:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/CARTOONS/CatwomanNew1-1.gif

Jez
03-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Anyone use a small fitness trampoline for exercising? I used to have one many years ago, but they are supposedly better now. I saw one advertised in a Costco brochure. I'm tempted to get one, but I'm just at the "thinking about it" stage. I bought a rebounder a couple years ago. I used it for about two days, then put it away until I decided to sell it, just like every other thing I ever buy, hah.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-22-2013, 08:14 AM
TGIF ladies!
Well got my housework all caught (for the moment anyway) up yesterday. Even took the dogs for their 2 mile walk altho i believe i burnt more cslories shivering than i did walking, oh my goodness where is Spring?! Ill be going to the gym today and doing my activtrax workout and maybe a tabata session too. Im doing much better on my cc too and getting back on track. Luv the ad amandie thats the magic question... its never CAN U its a matter of WILL U with anything! Munchy ur clip arts and such r so cool, ima have to make a file just to save them in lol.

L J
03-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Good morning friends! I have been reading and lurking from my phone all week. It's hard to do personal replies from my phone. I wish they would develop an app! I'm on my phone now, but I wanted to pop in and ask a question.

Who else does workout DVDs? If you do or have, what do you really like?

I'm doing Slim in 6 and I love it, but I have moved up to level 3 and its an hour long. Between my full time plus job, kids, ball practice and games and just running the household it's hard to fit in an hour some days. I do 30 Day Shred on YouTube some, but the jumping tends to wake up my kids! Not good! I would love to hear suggestions on something else to try, preferably low impact so I can keep the noise to a minimum!

I will type more when I get the kids in bed tonight and can get on a real computer.

munchey
03-22-2013, 11:14 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/DAYS%20OF%20WEEK/fri16.gif
TGIF!
Hope everyone is up for a good weekend!

My food has been good all week and I've focused on strategically timing my use of metabolism boosters (green coffee extract pills and raspberry ketones). I've peeked at the scale recently, and I think that I'm finally getting the scale to move a bit faster this week. Let's see what my number is on Sunday morning.

I didn't get much activity yesterday, other than exercising my fingers on the computer. I'm considering yesterday a rest day. My joints were achy and I had a hard time getting the momentum to get to the park again yesterday.

Got to get my rear in gear and moving!

Have a good day everyone - and a wonderful weekend!
Naughty

munchey
03-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Good morning friends! I wanted to pop in and ask a question.

Who else does workout DVDs? If you do or have, what do you really like?

I'm doing Slim in 6 and I love it, but I have moved up to level 3 and its an hour long. I would love to hear suggestions on something else to try, preferably low impact so I can keep the noise to a minimum!

I will type more when I get the kids in bed tonight and can get on a real computer.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/HOUSEHOLD/Cat_in_trash.gif
LJ:
I've collected a lot of exercise DVD's and have a library of Jillian Michael's, Bob Harper's and various dance DVD's. I just need to get them out of the cases and use them, lol.

You could break up the level 3 Slim in 6 for multiple days (by body parts?). Are you aiming for a cardio workout in the early, body parts/circuits? I plan on using some of my DVD's in the near term and will let you know.

Some possible options to consider are: resistence band workout, kettle bell workout and dancing workout. If you had some bluetooth device, you could perhaps send the sound to some headphones. I know that once some folks get used to some dvd's they turn down the volumn and use music from an ipod or similar device.

Munchey

munchey
03-22-2013, 11:43 AM
TGIF ladies!
Well got my housework all caught (for the moment anyway) up yesterday. Even took the dogs for their 2 mile walk altho i believe i burnt more cslories shivering than i did walking, oh my goodness where is Spring?! Ill be going to the gym today and doing my activtrax workout and maybe a tabata session too. Im doing much better on my cc too and getting back on track. Luv the ad amandie thats the magic question... its never CAN U its a matter of WILL U with anything! Munchy ur clip arts and such r so cool, ima have to make a file just to save them in lol.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/HOUSEHOLD/CleanWindow.gif
DANGEROUS:
I could use some help with my housework in California. No snow here, lol.

Collecting graphics has become a bit of a hobby for me. You just start collecting them and before you know it, you have a library. There are a lot of sites with free annimated graphics. You can go on a shopping venture, lol.

Munchey

amandie
03-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Joy- I am looking forward to WARMER weather! So cold and it is supposed to snow/flurry this Sunday. Hopefully we will be all done with snow when April starts. I believe we will be doing so much better with keeping track and workouts once the cold is gone. Good for you on keeping up on both!

Munchey- I have a workout trampoline and I love it (I think it is gold gym brand with a counter but I never attached the counter on it.) I originally bought it for doing the 30 Day Shred's jumping jacks when I was living in an apartment on the top floor and didn't want to bother my downstairs neighbors too much. Since I've moved in my new house, it has been in the basement collecting dust for the last 8 months. Thank you for the reminder- I need to take it out and start utilizing it somehow, lol. Admittedly sometimes I get scared jumping on it cuz I have very bad ankles that like to roll under me so I am very conscious while jumping on it.

LJ- I love Slim in 6 but loathe the length of it, haha! I was gonna suggest 30 day shred but see that you already do it. I don't have any other suggestions, sorry! Balance balls and resistance bands/weights are pretty quiet and can be pretty hardcore if you really work it. I found some workout lists online for free and they took about 30 minutes to complete, although it took 45 minutes to an hour in the beginning because I was still learning all the moves and the right forms, etc.

Sinderelly- You sound incredibly busy!!! You are doing great on keeping up on the eating part. Do try your best to get a work-out in, even if it's just once a week for up to 30 minutes! It can help alleviate some of the stress which I am sure you are experiencing? I know I would be! :hug:

Happy Friday all!! I am seriously considering joining a gym OR buying a treadmill because I really want to do the C25K program. I have always wanted to be a runner. For now, I will just use my elliptical trainer and weights/resistance bands although I need to find the weights/rb workout routine or maybe I can still find it online if I can remember where. :dizzy:

I am still up in weight a bit but I think that is from salty food (went out to eat on Wednesday) and my bro cooked last night (he likes to add a ton of salty seasonings) so I am downing water a bit more to flush it out. I also worked out that Wednesday night. I will do 15-30 minutes on the trainer today to keep up with my personal goal of working out 3x a week.

Sinderelly
03-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Joy-

Sinderelly- You sound incredibly busy!!! You are doing great on keeping up on the eating part. Do try your best to get a work-out in, even if it's just once a week for up to 30 minutes! It can help alleviate some of the stress which I am sure you are experiencing? I know I would be! :hug:
__________________________________.

SINDERELLY:
I appreciate your situation, there probably isn't enough of you to go around. It is important to get enough sleep. Start thinking positive thought about getting up with the alarm. You can do this! Think about your reward of being slimmer, healthier and wearing those hot outfiits! Let me see if I can help a little more.

We will start out with a little kick in the rear:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/Kick.gif

If that doesn't work, we will step it up to this:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/CARTOONS/CatwomanNew1-1.gif

Thanks! Amandie- ugh stress... YES! LOL.
Munchie- I needed that! Hopefully it works.

I try to go up and down the stairs as much as I can while at work (our file room and bathrooms are in the basement of work) and at home.. I need to get back to doing 30 day shred. Today I noticed how much smaller I am getting..and it really made me feel good.. need to kick it up a notch.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Evening ladies...
Got my 30 minute 2 mile dogwalk in today, 30 min strength training it was back day 30 min ab/core work. Went over by 200 cals today cuz i ate a couple extra bananas cuz my muscles are sore and dont want to cramp up.
Munchie- honey id rather clean other peoples houses than my own cuz i dont have to wafch it get dirty again lol. Oddly enough i like to clean as long as im home alone, i blast the music and dance around and sing like a full blown idiot the whole time!
Amandie- we are suppose to get more snow sunday and monday as well ugh!! Yes im positive our moods and energy levels will perk up with some warmth and sunshine!
Lj- ur initials are my nickname "little joy" my dads side gave me the nickname the day i was born ( i was named after my dads sister who became big joy) and once i grew up they tried callin me lj but said it just wasnt right id have to just be grown up little joy lol!
got an all you can eat oyster and beer fest to go to tomorrow and shouldnt be to hard to not over eat since i dont do oysters or beer lol im just going to socialize and get out of the house. Have a good night ladies!

dangerouscurvesahead
03-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Gmornin ladies...
The sun is shining brightly and its a wonderful feeling! Hard to believe they are calling for snow the next 2 days ugh! Ill just have to make sure i enjoy today, good thing the oyster fest is outside! Im hoping to get some walking in today as well.
Sinderelly- i just noticed ur in va, may i ask where?

munchey
03-23-2013, 01:29 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/vpig25.gif
HEY CAMPERS!
Good luck with your goal (s) check in!

We need to keep moving forward. If you fall off the path, even more reason to stay in camp. You don't fail until you give up.

We can do this!
Naughty

Sinderelly
03-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Gmornin ladies...

Sinderelly- i just noticed ur in va, may i ask where?

Northern Virginia..out in Fauquier county.. moving soon over to Loudoun County.

Woke up this morning pretty energized.. scrubbed the entire kitchen..and now getting ready to write an essay. Hoping to get a walk in later on this evening!

Jez
03-23-2013, 07:30 PM
I have been in a funk for a while, and hadn't been going to the gym or eating right. Now that I'm gearing up for lots of big changes and starting to take care of myself again, I went yesterday to do some weights. I am super impressed with my muscle memory. After not going for a couple months, my upper body has essentially maintained its strength, and my lower body only lost a little (I'm relatively freakishly strong for as little work as I put in). Also, I stuck with my goal of not bingeing for the week, which is amazing, especially considering I went out of state, and I tend to use any kind of traveling as an excuse to eat anything and everything. Especially with 5 hours in a car each way, and I didn't snack on anything but some awesome homemade beef jerky I bought on the way. And i'm down a bit more this week. So, a big fat HOLLERRRR for me.

munchey
03-23-2013, 08:47 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/GOOD%20JOB/coollogo_com-19691729.gif
JEZ:

Good job! I'm glad things are turning around and going your way. You go girl!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/dancer075.gif

munchey
03-23-2013, 10:04 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/anilion1_e0.gif

HI EVERYONE!
Well, I get to face the scale in the morning. I had to take a rest day today in order to give my right knee a rest. I had a tough time doing my walk at the park yesterday and had a lot of pain in the evening. I think the misstep I took by stepping in a hole at the park last week may have caused a bit of an injury.

I've been trying to work through the pain, but yesterday was a signal to pull back a bit. My focus today was icing, advil and giving my knee a rest. Hopefully tomorrow will be better

DANGEROUS:
I hope you stocked up on the sunshine today, so that you will endure the snow storm. I hope you enjoyed the company at the Oyster Fest. I'd have to admit that I definitely wouldn't have a binge eating episode with oysters, even if they were covered in chocolate, lol.

SINDERELLY:
I sure could have used some of your energy today.

AMANDIE:
We are going to have to hide the salt shaker from your bro. Maybe you could get him to use lite salt or some of the great saltless seasonings.

Sinderelly
03-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Soo last sunday this is what I posted
"Current- 229
Goal- 226"

today I weighed in at 223.2.. Yay!

Current- 223.2
Goal- 220

Crow
03-24-2013, 12:20 PM
My goal for this week was 172 and today I weighed in at 170.5. :D Next week's target is 169.5 and a new decade.

Munchey, best of luck today. Hope the pain eases soon.

munchey
03-24-2013, 12:26 PM

My actuals for 3-17-13 thru 3-23-13 are:
Current Weight: 225 (Come on two teens)
LOSS: 3 pound
MILES: 25

WHAT WENT WELL:
I did well with my food this week and was consistent with taking metabolism supplements (green coffee and raspberry ketones). I'm doing better at getting up at or around 6:00 a.m. I got in a couple of epsom salt baths this week (helped a little at bedtime).

Get alternate exercise when knees aren't up to a long walk at the park
Use exercise DVD's & reflex boxing.
Sleep target - 8 hours of quality sleep (need to limit # of time I wake up & manage pain better)
Take an epsom salt & lavender bath before bedtime this week.
Get in 30 minutes of some type of aerobics before breakfast each day
Ration computer time - balance exercise with stock market monitoring

My goals for the week 3-24-13 thru 3-30-13 are:

Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 30 miles

Munchey

munchey
03-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Soo last sunday this is what I posted
"Current- 229
today I weighed in at 223.2.. Yay!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/GOOD%20JOB/ef08921c.gif

SINDERELLY:
Good job! That is over 5 pounds! You will be in Onederland before you know it!
Munchey

munchey
03-24-2013, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=Crow;4680230]My goal for this week was 172 and today I weighed in at 170.5. :D Next week's target is 169.5 and a new decade.
QUOTE]
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/GOOD%20JOB/coollogo_com-197181538.gif

CROW:
Good job! 160's - here you come.

Munchey

Jez
03-24-2013, 12:56 PM
GOOD JOB!

I was back up to 167 today (Sundays are my official weigh-in). Yesterday I had this weird bloaty digestive thing. I think it was the low carb tortillas I had yesterday and the day before. I may just have to eliminate them. I still have a pack, so I"ll try again, maybe it was a fluke. Wheat sucks, though, so it probably was them. Boo. :-/ So, no weight loss/gain for the week.

My goals for the week: To stay the course.

munchey
03-24-2013, 01:03 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/BANNERS/FAT%20CAMP/Week5Resize.jpg

THIS WEEK IN FAT CAMP

This Week's Fat Camp Path Leads to opportunities in the area of "Mindful Eating". An assignment opportunity appears below:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/LINES/Line-EatingUtensils.gif

1. Eat blindfolded (or close your eyes) during one entire meal (hopefully with food that you like). What was the outcome for you?:

Did you eat more slowly?

Did you notice the flavors more?

Did you feel more satisfied after the meal?

Have a successful week campers!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/LINES/Line-EatingUtensils.gif

Dr Oz: Eat Blindfolded To Lose Weight

Peter McKenna, a hypnosis expert, explained to Dr. Oz that people who are overweight spend much of their day thinking about food, but then when they eat they tend to just shovel it in without thinking at all. He said there were studies done with results that showed when you wear a blindfold while eating, it will not only slow down the speed at which you eat, but it will also cause you to only think about what you are eating, rather than any other things that might usually distract you while you are at meal time. The biggest benefit from eating more slowly is that your brain will get the message from your stomach that you are full much sooner, which means you will eat less and be able to lose weight!

NOTE: You can do this a bit more informarly by closing your eyes. Best to do this without other distractions.

munchey
03-24-2013, 01:22 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/BEACH-PLANFORSUCCESS.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/MOTIVATION/GoTeam.gif

amandie
03-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Way to go,Crow, Jez, Munchey and Sinderelly!!!!

Jez- Just wanted to thank you for sharing that article! I say, a loss is still a loss!

Joy- The oyster and beer fest sounds like fun, I would totally be drinking the beer there. I wish I didn't like beer, LOL. It is snowing outside and has been all morning, boo!!! I hope it isn't too bad weather-wise for you up there! :crossed:

Munchey- I hope your knee gets to feeling better soon!!

I weighed in exactly at 169.0 this am so I basically maintained. I guess better than a gain. :shrug: I did not meet my goal of doing it 3 times a week. :( Admittedly, I think I will be better with working out once my sister leaves on Tuesday although she is coming back for good in June and possibly gain a new workout buddy!! I have been hanging out with her pretty much all week since she came in town last weekend on the 15th, still not a good excuse, I know.

Goals for 3/24-3/30:
1) Work out 3 times a week at least.
2) Track everything, even the good, bad & ugly!! (maybe I need to start up planning meals/snacks ahead of time again.)
3) To reach 168.0 and under!

:carrot: Let's have a great week, everyone!!! :carrot:

dangerouscurvesahead
03-24-2013, 01:51 PM
POSITIVE-Well my goal was 3 days of activtrax workout and i got that done
NEGATIVE- goal of 2 tabata classes, only got 1.
POSITIVE- got 3 dogwalks in @ 2 miles each.
NEGATIVE- wasnt on calorie every day but doing much better.
The scale at the gym is all out of whack! Its the old school slide scale and its not even level with no one on it and ive been putting any extra money on my dd for her bday party instead of getting a scale for me. So, i need to get to a good scale someplace and start tracking again.
My week could have been better but i am happy with my progress so for the week of
3/25/13 - 3/31/13
* 2 tabata classes.
* 3 activtrax workouts.
* 3 dogwalks.
* 1400 cals a day for 5-7 days.
* at least 1 meal to be eaten blindfolded(eyes closed) and record experience.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Sinderelly- im originally from manassas park and now live on the northern neck peninsula .
Amandie- its not snowing here YET but definitely cold and dreary enough to! Hope you don't get to much snow!
Munchie- i will give the "blind eating" a try and report my experience.
the oyster fest went good and i think i did pretty good...
5 servings of water, 3 bean salad, stewed black beans, baked beans and fish. So lots of fiber and protein. Only bread was the fish breading and they had pastas of all shapes and sizes cooked in every way imaginable abd i didnt have any, not 1 bite! Such a huge accomplishment for me. Oh and no dessert touched my lips (i took sugar free gum) for my sweets. So altho high amounts of sodium im sure otherwise i did good i thinl.
as for the beer lol im a whiskey girl when i do drink oh and homemade wine and shine lol.

Jez
03-24-2013, 02:36 PM
as for the beer lol im a whiskey girl when i do drink My kinda lady! haha. I used to drink a lot of beer. A lot of everything, really. Never liked wine, so now that I cut beer out (I can take it or leave it), I'm lucky I'm good with straight liquor, since I can fit it into any diet, hah.

munchey
03-24-2013, 03:10 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/EMOTIONS/devil.gif

DANGEROUS:
Have you said something to the gym manager about the scale? A scale is an important tool for a gym to have and to have it functioning properly. They need to be pressured to either get it repaired properly or to get it replaced.

Jez
03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
http://www.fitocracy.com/knowledge/beginners-guide-to-running/

Interesting. It says you may not be ready for the run/walk c25k running program if you aren't able to walk 2 miles at a 3.5mph pace. I can't. :-/ Maybe that's why I always fail at running programs.

If you aren't a member of Fitocracy, I recommend it. I love it. All I do is log my workouts there. I'm a fan of getting rewards and points for things, hah.

Here's a link to the site to sign up: http://ftcy.me/bsQ7ax
(I think it'll take you to my page when you sign up, so we can follow each other)

Jez
03-25-2013, 02:19 AM
I've stopped my c25k and am trying that dude's program. So I did my 5 min warm up at 3mph and the full 30 mins at 3.5. That's HARD. I feel like I have short little pig legs that are always scrambling to keep up.

L J
03-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Oh, how I despise running! I admire all of you who even try.

Official weigh in Sunday was 144.2, so down 0.8lbs. I am happy with that, since I don't have much further to go I expected it to slow way down.

I said when I got to 145 I would get new workout shoes, since I have none at all now. Well, hubby's transmission went out last night and its looking like it makes more sense to buy him a car than fix this one. So no shoes for me, but hopefully soon. We have a Nike outlet close by and I am lusting hard over some neon trainers!

I think I'm going to order the Slim Series Keep it Up, since its a lot shorter than Level Three Burn it Up. I will let y'all know how it goes!

I'm going to give eating blindfolded a shot. Sounds like of silly, but if Dr Oz says do it.... Lol.

Goal for this week: Ride my bike 30 miles. Lose 1 pound. Stay on plan to spite spring break and my ex husband being in town - he always wants to take us out to eat at nice restaurants several times. Stay on plan to spite Easter - and all of the glorious chocolate that will be in the kids' baskets.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-25-2013, 10:18 AM
1 week til April and we have 2 inches of snow on the ground! How crazy is this?! Kids are out of school and hubby is home from work, like mondays arent chaotic enough for me ive got everyone home under foot. Wont be able to make tabata class today so already behind in goals for the week ugh! Maybe ill start some "spring" cleaning just to keep me busy and give my brain the "spring" feeling maybe? Hope you ladies have a good monday.

amandie
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Hello all!!! About 5 inches of snow and all I can see is white out there this morning! Brrr.

Joy- Good idea on the springy feeling! I had to google tabata to find out what it is and apparently I stumbled upon an at-home tabata workout (http://thebeautybean.com/site/fitness-2/how-to-tabata-interval-train-at-home-5-exercises-4-minutes-each/)that is about 20 minutes. Maybe give it a whirl? Just a thought. Stay warm!!

Jez- Interesting re: running article. I will definitely try Jonathan (aka that dude)'s running program if I ever decide to take up running. Wishing you the best of luck with that!

dangerouscurvesahead
03-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Snow is gone... rain rain and more rain! What a dreary day. I was able to get my strength training in today (legs) and got called away so no cardio or ab/core. Got my laundryroom cleaned up. The room is also pantry, storage and general catch all and the floor tends to just disappear and i found it and some shelves that were hiding from me lol. So i did at least accomplish that and bagged up a whole bunch of stuff for trash and goodwill. Amandie i actually found a tabata app for my phone and ima try it out 2maro.
Munchey- i did manage to ask someone to check the scale out cuz it really needs a good overhaul or hauled out. So hopefully something will be done soon. Altho im truly not wild to get on a scale cuz its been almost 2 months but i know i need it to get back to a starting point. Hope yall had a good monday!

Jez
03-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Anyone have any easy quick recipes for pre-cooked chicken breast strips? I just need some kind of simple seasoning or sauce or something that's low carb, with minimal dairy.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Mrs. Dash has lots of sodium free delicious seasonings and theres flavored vinegars i make my own dressings/sauces all the time with these things added to canola or olive oils.

Jez
03-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Mrs. Dash has lots of sodium free delicious seasonings and theres flavored vinegars i make my own dressings/sauces all the time with these things added to canola or olive oils. Thanks, I didn't think about just adding spices to olive oil

amandie
03-26-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't have much advice for you, Jez in regards to the chicken but I did make an avocado alfredo sauce with lemon pepper chicken the other night using one whole avocado with 2 tbsp cottage cheese, 2 tbsp greek yogurt, 1 tbsp grated parmesan, minced garlic/garlic powder as well as some lemon juice and chicken broth (1/2 cup to 3/4 cup? just enough to thin out as a sauce.) I do plan to try this again but with avocado/lemon/garlic and cauliflower "alfredo" (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/221686-cauliflower-alfredo-sauce-yum.html) so that may be good for you as far as dairy goes and I think low carb too?? But warning- the cauliflower sauce can be quite gassy, lol.

Such a nice day with all the sun, the snow is melting away!! I weighed in today and got :carrot: 167.8! :carrot: I have started making green smoothies again and I forgot how much I missed them!! I was unable to make any for a long while since I didn't have a blender, I broke mine last year due to me handling it a bit too rough, lol. It is so much easier with the magic bullet! The only clean up is the cup you drink out of and blade attachment.

Hoping everyone is having a great day/afternoon!

Going2BeThatGirl
03-26-2013, 07:33 PM
I would love to join!

I just joined the site today after finding a link for it on Fitocracy. I'm really wanting to get back in shape, after 3 pregnancies and 4 kiddos, I think its time to buckle down. I am currently 265. I'm aiming for 140-150. I ultimately want to eat healthier and be active.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Ok the snow is gone! Took a friend to do a job today and while she worked i went for a nice brisk walk 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. Ate lots of fruits, whole grains and nuts and drank lots of water.
Ladies im waiting to hear about an accounting job i applied for so plz say a lil prayer for me as i think this would be an awesome place to work and be for me.
Jez- vinegar is an awesome meat tenderizer too and with all the flavors now they also make awesome marinades, just use ur imagination and mix it up a little lol.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Welcome GOING2BE! This is a great motivational and supportive site!

Sinderelly
03-26-2013, 08:38 PM
I found a low calorie chicken taco crock pot recipe.. I started the timer for the crock pot before I went to work.. thought about it all day long.. couldn't wait for dinner.. got home and... I FORGOT TO SET THE TIMER RIGHT! So it sat there all day and didn't cook...

Disappointment :(

Going2BeThatGirl
03-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks, Dangerous :)

I need all the support I can get!

munchey
03-26-2013, 10:51 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/FOOD/Microwave.gif

JEZ:
I sometimes buy a bag of cooked beef strips and freeze the bag (I think it is similar to the chicken version). I take out a serving portion from the freezer and cook it in the microwave. Then, I cook a bag of Steamfresh veggies in the microwave (usually veggies that are sited for a stir fry if you were stir frying). I've used different sauced to jazz it up. My favorite is a little Asian Sweet Hot Pepper sauce (reminds me of a sweet and sour sauce). I've tried a few other asian sauces and sometime have just used a little salad dressing.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/FOOD/Mexican_pepper.gif

munchey
03-26-2013, 11:00 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/WELCOME/Welcome-modern_plane-1.gif
Going2BeThatGirl:
Welcome! Glad you are joining us at Camp!

It is great that you are taking charge of your health and fitness. You can do this for you, as well as your children and husband.

Munchey

munchey
03-26-2013, 11:24 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/RELIGION/angelpray1.gif

WE PRAY THAT DANGEROUS (AKA JOY) GETS THE JOB!

WE KNOW THAT SHE IS YOUR BEST BET AND THAT SHE WILL BRING JOY AND SKILL TO THE JOB!

munchey
03-26-2013, 11:39 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/SMILEYS/crying2.gif
HEY CAMPERS:
My food had been pretty good, but my knee problem has gotten worse. I can't get an appt. with my ortho doctor until 4-8-13, so I'm limping along. I finally had to put a support device on it and even got out a crutch to use. I was able to deal with the pain, but I'm having episodes with some popping action and then extreme pain (that brings tears to my eyes) and inability to put weight on it for awhile.

This is frustrating. We don't know how much we depend on our knees until we have a major problem. I'll have to be creative with exercise, because my walking is going to be limited for awhile.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/HOUSEHOLD/clock202.gif
SINDERELLY:
So sorry to hear about the uncooked dinner - that sucks.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/OCCASIONS/ag_blender.gif
AMANDIE:
Glad that snow is melting! Enjoy that Magic Bullet. I've got one tucked away in a cupboard. I need to put it into action and start making some smoothies. Congrats on the wt. loss!

Jez
03-26-2013, 11:54 PM
I would love to join!

I just joined the site today after finding a link for it on Fitocracy. I'm really wanting to get back in shape, after 3 pregnancies and 4 kiddos, I think its time to buckle down. I am currently 265. I'm aiming for 140-150. I ultimately want to eat healthier and be active. YAY. I was just pushing Fitocracy the other day in here. Who are you on there? I'll follow!
Edited to add: I'm Pinup :)

I found a low calorie chicken taco crock pot recipe.. I started the timer for the crock pot before I went to work.. thought about it all day long.. couldn't wait for dinner.. got home and... I FORGOT TO SET THE TIMER RIGHT! So it sat there all day and didn't cook...

Disappointment :( Ugh, that's the worst.

Going2BeThatGirl
03-26-2013, 11:59 PM
YAY. I was just pushing Fitocracy the other day in here. Who are you on there? I'll follow!
Edited to add: I'm Pinup :)

AKaminsk00 is my SN

I haven't done much on it, because we've been sick and in and out of town for the past few weeks! Can't wait to start using it more :)

amandie
03-27-2013, 12:39 AM
That sucks, Sinderelly!! I would be SO disappointed too! What did you end up having instead? PS, care to share the recipe, please?? :)

:welcome:, Going2BeThatGirl!! So glad you joined us!

Joy- :crossed: sending you a ton of positive thoughts and hopes that you get it! :crossed:

Munchey- Love all your cartoons and posts especially the prayer one for Joy! :)

Jez- I just finally signed up for fitocracy- same username but I don't know if I will keep up with it since I don't work out much right now but I love the ideas of achievements and leveling up so hopefully that will be my motivation to keep up with workouts. Thanks for sharing the link!

Jez
03-27-2013, 02:29 PM
AKaminsk00 is my SN

I haven't done much on it, because we've been sick and in and out of town for the past few weeks! Can't wait to start using it more :) Yay! I just followed you.

Jez- I just finally signed up for fitocracy- same username but I don't know if I will keep up with it since I don't work out much right now but I love the ideas of achievements and leveling up so hopefully that will be my motivation to keep up with workouts. Thanks for sharing the link! That's what I love about it. I don't know why. And there's so much support there. There are all sorts of challenges and groups and stuff. Ive been very inconsistent with my working out for the past couple years, but when I do, i track. It adds up quickly, and turning it into a game is fun.

Sinderelly
03-27-2013, 10:19 PM
I am going to try and make it again tomorrow. I asked my neighbor to check my crock pot for me when she goes home on lunch break to make sure it was on! ha I ended up having a bean burrito.. ugh. I made it with a wheat wrap and weight watchers cheese.

Here is the recipe
1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) jar of salsa
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can of corn
1 can of low sodium black beans

Cook in crock pot 8-10 hours on low. Shred meat using forks, and serve on whole wheat tortillas with 2% cheddar cheese and non-fat refried beans.

I am putting mine on top of romaine lettuce and making it a salad for myself..I am making the tacos for my kids though.
I will let you know how it turns out!

Munchey- I am so sorry to hear about your knee! Hopefully the Ortho is able to help relieve a lot of pain. I just turned 30 and have always had ridiculous knee troubles. I blame it on all the sports when I was younger. lol

amandie
03-27-2013, 11:00 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/SMILEYS/crying2.gif
HEY CAMPERS:
My food had been pretty good, but my knee problem has gotten worse. I can't get an appt. with my ortho doctor until 4-8-13, so I'm limping along. I finally had to put a support device on it and even got out a crutch to use. I was able to deal with the pain, but I'm having episodes with some popping action and then extreme pain (that brings tears to my eyes) and inability to put weight on it for awhile.

This is frustrating. We don't know how much we depend on our knees until we have a major problem. I'll have to be creative with exercise, because my walking is going to be limited for awhile.

Yikes!!! That sounds really painful! :( Please be careful with exercising, not worth injuring yourself further. Are you able to take anything for it like pills to maybe alleviate some of the pain? :hug:

amandie
03-27-2013, 11:05 PM
I am going to try and make it again tomorrow. I asked my neighbor to check my crock pot for me when she goes home on lunch break to make sure it was on! ha I ended up having a bean burrito.. ugh. I made it with a wheat wrap and weight watchers cheese.

Here is the recipe
1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) jar of salsa
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can of corn
1 can of low sodium black beans

Cook in crock pot 8-10 hours on low. Shred meat using forks, and serve on whole wheat tortillas with 2% cheddar cheese and non-fat refried beans.

I am putting mine on top of romaine lettuce and making it a salad for myself..I am making the tacos for my kids though.
I will let you know how it turns out!

Munchey- I am so sorry to hear about your knee! Hopefully the Ortho is able to help relieve a lot of pain. I just turned 30 and have always had ridiculous knee troubles. I blame it on all the sports when I was younger. lol

Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I will have to improvise on the taco seasoning and salsa since I unfortunately cannot have anything spicy nor tomatoes for a long time due to acid reflux (it was bound to happen, I have been eating hot and spicy food regularly since I was 3 years old.) Although I have to ask, won't the beans become mushy after a long time in the pot since they are already cooked? I don't have much experience with cooked beans in the crockpot.

dangerouscurvesahead
03-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Gmorning ladies-
1st let me thank you for your prayers and happy thoughts! I talked to the manager yesterday and she told me that i have a job there! Its not the accounting position but thats ok since i didnt go there with the intention of getting that position i just want to get my foot in there, show them what i can do and go from there! Training will begin next week. I havent been able to get back to the gym but i have been getting my 2 mile walks in which my dogs are happy about!
Munchey- sorry to hear about your knee, your in my prayers!

munchey
03-28-2013, 12:57 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/OCCASIONS/EasterEggProdLine7549.gif
HI CAMPERS

BEWARE OF THE EASTER CANDY!

This week is going by fast. Thanks to everyone for concern/support regarding my knee. The support wrap I put on my right knee is helping, plus I'm being very mindful of every step (like a little old lady, lol). I'm hoping that with the use of the support wrap that I might be able to resume my walking at the park soon.

SINDERELLY:
Thanks for sharing the recipe. I eat a lot of boneless/skinless chicken and love salsa. I'll definitely give it a try.

DANGEROUS:
Congrats on getting the job! You are right, getting in the door can lead to the job you really want. I'm betting that you will work your way to that job. Thanks for the prayers about my knee.

AMANDIE:
Sorry to hear that you have knee problem as well. I have bouts with acid reflux as well, but I still eat the tomatoes and spicy foods. As I've gotten older, I like my food spicer and hotter. (maybe it is a new way to get some spice in my life, lol). With acid reflux, it really helps to NOT eat a couple of hours before bedtime and to have enough pillow support so that your head is higher than the rest of your body. Some folks tilt their bed to elevate their upper body.

Munchey

amandie
03-29-2013, 04:00 AM
Munchey- I'm sorry if I confused you in any of my posts- I do not have knee problems. I just went back up to re-read and I think it was Sinderelly who mentioned it.. I was recently diagnosed with severe acid reflux after having a barium swallow last month- said it is so bad that he's never seen it in anyone at my age so I am trying my best to avoid them 100% (at least for a while.) so I can heal some if that is possible. It totally turned my food world upside down- tomatoes and tomato-based stuff and spicy food were a huge part of my diet. I mean, I was basically relying on habanero hot sauce since regular hot sauce wasn't spicy enough! >_< Thanks for the tips on not eating a few hours before bed and having the bed a bit elevated with a wedge- I do these currently (after I googled everything there was about it, lol.)

Joy- Whoo-hoo!!! I'm so happy for you!

166.4 today!?! What a nice surprise and I am most definitely staying on plan for the rest of the weekend. I am looking forward to making my deviled eggs and dill mustard potato salad for Easter. Yum!

dangerouscurvesahead
03-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Gmorning ladies- Easter vacation begins today for my kids and my test begins lol. My son has a job so he wont be around much but my dd who is going thru puberty and on the track team seems to be a bottomless pit right now and is ALWAYS eating! Her and i are taking the dogs for a nice loooong walk along the beach and around the park. Im gonna trydo my best to be more active during their break to keep from stuffing my face everytime they are lol. I found a new app that helps me log my food and exercise all in 1 place with coaching tips, reminders, goals and everything it seems really cool. Anything to help me on my journey!

munchey
03-29-2013, 04:17 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/OCCASIONS/Easter-Happy2.gif

EVERYONE:
Hope all is well with everyone and you all have a wonderful Easter. Watch out for all the goodies.

DANGEROUS:
What is the name of the app you are using? Good luck next week with Spring Break for the kids! I'm rooting for you to stay with your food plan and for it to turn into a benefit for you with extra activity/mileage for the week.

AMANDIE:
You are right, I got confused, lol. I'm an avid internet researcher as well - we have that in common. Hope your grastic reflux stays at bay. I'm sure that weight loss will help. I won't give up my tomatoes and hot sauce. If I'm having a flair, I tone it down. A few months ago, when I was off my food plan and eating a hot pepper cheese called, "3 alarm cheese", I was forced to limit my intake, lol. 3-alarm cheese and active gastric reflux gets your attention, lol.

Munchey
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/OCCASIONS/Blue_cross.gif

dangerouscurvesahead
03-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Noom Coach Pro - $3.99 month
They also have a free version thats just as good but i wanted to try pro to see the difference. It integrates your music with your workouts, has an audible to announce mpm or mph, calories burned, distance. Its really cool. The meal log is awesome. Its colo r coded .

munchey
03-29-2013, 11:46 PM
DANGEROUS:
Thanks for the app info. I checked it out, but looks like it currently operates on Android only. I have Windows Phone 8 for my phone and then an Ipad. I'll check back at a later date, maybe they will add other operating systems.

Munchey

dangerouscurvesahead
03-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Gmornin ladies-
a bright sunshiny saturday mornin and its beautiful! I got in a 6.5 mile walk yesterday and it felt great! Today ive got a few errands to run and then ima play in my yard, just anything to be outside lol!
Munchey- sorry the app wouldnt work on ur phone, its definitely a huge help for me and glad i found it.
Have a great day ladies!

amandie
03-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Lucky you, Joy! It is cloudy and a little cold here. Wishing you best of luck with the kiddos on their spring break!!! I will check out the free Noom app to see if I like it Thanks for the recommendation!

Munchey- 3 Alarm cheese? *drools* That sounds SO good!

I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off tidying up the house, washing sheets and shopping since I possibly may have Easter at my house instead of my dad's due to my last-minute Easter guests- my aunt and uncle who I have not seen for 2 years (since I moved here.) I am so excited! I am off to keep cleaning and do a little more errands.

Have a great day, everyone!

Jez
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM
3 alarm cheese sounds right up my alley. I love spicy everything.

I, for some reason, decided I needed a couple MORE pairs of running shoes. You know, despite the fact that I don't/can't run. But one of the two pairs were delivered yesterday and they are so obnoxiously bright it's amazing. I love them.

Also, I am trying so hard not to go get a whole bunch of easter candy.

amandie
03-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Jez- I just bought another pair (http://www.famousfootwear.com/ProductImages/shoes_ia94464.jpg) that I love!!!! Ideally I was looking for a black and teal (my fave colors) pair that was by Nike that I saw at the mall once but I couldn't find them again, not even online :( so I opted for these instead. They are so light and comfortable!! I don't even run either but I could if I had to in these shoes, lol.

For some odd reason, I don't find myself wanting easter candy this year. I love sweets but the craving is not there this time. NSV?? I think so. But that could be because I know I am going to have pistachio pudding cake tomorrow made by yours truly!

amandie
03-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Happy Easter, y'all!!

166.0 still this am! Very happy about that. :D

I can't stay on here too long since I still have to make the deviled eggs and the potato salad, originally wanted to make the salad last night but there was no room in the fridge at all. Sometimes I wish we had another fridge and freezer for extra stuff, lol.

Have a great day, everyone!!!

munchey
03-31-2013, 12:38 PM

My actuals for 3-24-13 thru 3-30-13 are:
Current Weight: 223 (Come on two teens)
LOSS: 2 pound
MILES: ?

WHAT WENT WELL:
I did well with my food this week and was consistent with taking metabolism supplements (green coffee and raspberry ketones). I'm doing better at getting up at or around 6:00 a.m.

My good knee was a major problem this week and had to give up my walks in the park. I put a support wrap on it and it has been helping. I've also, taken care of it and have been mindful with negotiating steps and other moves that have aggravated it. I had a few extremely painful episodes and used a crutch on one day. The wrapping and rest appears to have paid off. I need to keep consistent with the PT exercises I started at home. I think they may be helping.

My goals for the week 3-31-13 thru 4-6-13 are:

Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 25 miles - knees permitting

Naughty

Jez
03-31-2013, 01:07 PM
For some odd reason, I don't find myself wanting easter candy this year. I love sweets but the craving is not there this time. NSV?? I think so. But that could be because I know I am going to have pistachio pudding cake tomorrow made by yours truly!
I'd definitely take it as an NSV! I ended up going out with the goal of getting candy and tracking it. I didn't get easter candy, but I got a bag of sugar free mini York peppermint patties. I ate all 7 and then became one with my bathroom for hours. Yay, malitol!
---

I had a week of up and downs, so to be 167 again, I am a-ok with. I was back up to 170 two days ago. So, I'll take it.

My goal for this week: Track my food consistently, be down 2 pounds, and do my treadmill walking at least 5 days. I'd like to be up to being able to walk the full 30 minutes at 4mph, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

munchey
03-31-2013, 01:29 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/OCCASIONS/EASTER/Easter-Happy.gif http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/OCCASIONS/EASTER/Easter-BunnyFunnyMunching.gif

HEY EVERYONE! HAPPY EASTER!
Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys their celebrations. A few treats are ok, but we don't want to eat candy/goodies all week long.
JEZ:
I just purchased a couple new pairs of athletic shoes from Kohl's online and took advantage of a 30% off coupon. My running days are over, but I tend to buy running shoes. I actually don't replace my shoes as often as I should. I think we are supposed to replace them every 3 months? Every time I get new shoes, I usually rotate the old ones for yard work. One pair that I'm definitely going to buy is bright as well, lol. I think a lot of them are bright so we are more visible on the street (not that it helps California drivers from doing a hit and run).

I've learned that I need to look at the ingredients carefully. Sugar free or low fat or fat free don't necessarily mean they are right for me or are low in calories. It can be deceiving.

AMANDIE:
I hope you are enjoying your Easter celebration! It is at times like this that a second refrigerator would seem a blessing. But on 2nd thought, it can be best to NOT have that much food at hand. Large coolers/ice chests and ice can help out in a pinch.

DANGEROUS:
Good job on the mileage! I'm glad you have some sunshine and can enjoy the great outdoors!

Jez
03-31-2013, 02:00 PM
]I've learned that I need to look at the ingredients carefully. Sugar free or low fat or fat free don't necessarily mean they are right for me or are low in calories. It can be deceiving. I don't think it's deceiving if your goal is to avoid sugar. :) I was going to get candy one way or another, and it was either sugar-filled, calorie-filled easter candy, or sugar-free, similarly calorie-filled candy. I am quite familiar with sugar alcohols, especially malitol. We've had many a go-round. :dizzy:

ETA: I eat mostly low carb, so I keep an eye on that. I'm not so worried about low fat or fat free for the sake of the fat. I am tracking my food now simply so I don't overeat, which I tend to do lately-- even while low carbing.

Jez
03-31-2013, 09:18 PM
I just purchased a couple new pairs of athletic shoes from Kohl's online and took advantage of a 30% off coupon. My running days are over, but I tend to buy running shoes. I actually don't replace my shoes as often as I should. I think we are supposed to replace them every 3 months? Every time I get new shoes, I usually rotate the old ones for yard work. One pair that I'm definitely going to buy is bright as well, lol. I think a lot of them are bright so we are more visible on the street (not that it helps California drivers from doing a hit and run). I think replacing shoes every 3 months is probably for high mileage walkers/runners. I can't imagine replacing mine that often! I have too many that I alternate, and many I don't use for months (or, um, many pairs i've never worn*cough*).

Sinderelly
03-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Ugh. I had a bad weekend. My mom came in town (she is not the easiest to get along with) and we ate out a couple times.. I made bad choices.. I didn't gain anything but I need to get my weight loss back in gear! My Dr. wanted me down 10 lbs before I saw her again and I see her again April 12th. I have 12 days to get down 3 lbs... I can do it, but I need to buckle down. I also need to get back to losing weight..

last week I posted this
Current- 223.2
Goal- 220"

This week
Current-
Goal- 219

LET ME GET TO THE TEENSSSSS

munchey
03-31-2013, 10:57 PM
I think replacing shoes every 3 months is probably for high mileage walkers/runners. I can't imagine replacing mine that often! I have too many that I alternate, and many I don't use for months (or, um, many pairs i've never worn*cough*).
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/EXERCISE/WALK-RUN/Shoes-Tapping-1.gif
I tend to use one good pair of walking shoes for my outdoor walking. I double checked with some research and most sources recommend that walking shoes should be replaced every 300 to 500 miles (or every 3 to 6 months). Three months is a bit on the short end, so mileage is probably the best indicator. If you wear a lot of different shoes, then mileage would be your best way of checking.

It is mentioned that shoes can look good, but the interior can break down. I've used some for one year or more, so I definitely need to work on the 6 month target with 100 miles a month. I might try the suggestion to have two pairs and trade off (maybe 2 pairs a year). Since I have knee problems and some it band issues, I need to error on the side of caution. I'll try anything if it means less joint pain, lol.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/EXERCISE/WALK-RUN/zmisc0013.gif

Jez
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. I think it wouldn't really bother me if the interior breaks down, simply because I am a fan of doing barefoot stuff anyway, so I don't have many shoes with much support. I like zero heel drops / flats / vibram soles / etc.

amandie
04-01-2013, 12:46 PM
You can do it, Sinderelly!!!

Jez- I once ate half of a bag of SF candy and was one with the toliet for hours too, I'm done with SF candies. York peppemint patties are one of my favorites, the junior mints too, sometimes I put them in the freezer and suck on them to make them last longer.

Munchey- Way to go on the 2lbs gone! I'm glad the PT exercises may be helping your knee. :crossed: for it to get a lot better soon!

Goals for this week- Track everything I eat, lose at least a pound (2 would be awesome but we'll see) and to work out 2 times at least.

munchey
04-01-2013, 01:00 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/belly-dance.gif
GOOD MORNING CAMPERS!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and if there were any slips, you are geared to get back on track today!

I'm feeling a bit like the above graphic this morning. I slipped on my food plan yesterday. I had a bit too much ham at Easter dinner. I avoided all sweets - so did well in that area. My parents insisted that I take some ham home. Unfortunately, I indulged in more ham, pop tortilla chips and dried mango in the evening. The Pop Chips and dried mango weren't necessarily bad, but I had way too much of them.

Today, I'm getting back on track and continuing in the right direction.

SINDERELLY:
You can do it! I'm betting that you will be 3 pounds lighter and make that 10pound loss by your doctor's appointment!

Naughty

Natalia1516
04-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello, I am new to this site and would love to join fat camp. I am a mother of two little boys and they drive me up a wall. I would LOVE to have the energy to keep up with them. Are there any suggestions on how I can jump start this new adventure in my life?? Thanks!

Jez
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Hello, I am new to this site and would love to join fat camp. I am a mother of two little boys and they drive me up a wall. I would LOVE to have the energy to keep up with them. Are there any suggestions on how I can jump start this new adventure in my life?? Thanks! Hi! Have you figured out how you want to do it? There are a lot of different methods used here. Some people do prepared plans, like Ideal Protein. Some use Weight Watchers. Some are primal/paleo. Some are low carb. Some just count calories. And some do a mix of things.

Jez
04-01-2013, 03:15 PM
I got my toss-n-chop salad scissors today, and made my planned lunch salad. They are AWESOME. I love them. I'm going to have to go find that salad thread and rave there.

munchey
04-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Hello, I am new to this site and would love to join fat camp. I am a mother of two little boys and they drive me up a wall. I would LOVE to have the energy to keep up with them. Are there any suggestions on how I can jump start this new adventure in my life?? Thanks!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/WELCOME/welcome-smiley-emoticon.gif
NATALIA:
Jez bought up some good points. Until you decide on what approach you want to use, focus on calories in versus calories out (exercise & calorie control). My advice is to: Make goals (weekly, mid-term & long-term), make a plan and then maintain a support system to hold you accountable (either online or up front and personal with buddies).

Naughty

munchey
04-01-2013, 05:18 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/FOOD/SaladTossing1-Copy.gif

JEZ:
The salad tool sounds cool. I took an online peek at them. They look a bit like my grass clippers, lol. I'm famous for buying things and then they sit somewhere unused. I've been doing the lazy thing and buying a prewashed, already cut up tubs/bags of lettuce at local discount stores like Costco or Sam's Club. Sometimes I wonder if they are really washed as stated, but is very convenient to make a salad.

Naughty

Natalia1516
04-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Within the past week I have been keeping track of my caloric intake. I guess my next step is to make my weekly goals as you stated. Thanks for the advice ladies!

Jez
04-01-2013, 10:26 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/FOOD/SaladTossing1-Copy.gif

JEZ:
The salad tool sounds cool. I took an online peek at them. They look a bit like my grass clippers, lol. I'm famous for buying things and then they sit somewhere unused. I've been doing the lazy thing and buying a prewashed, already cut up tubs/bags of lettuce at local discount stores like Costco or Sam's Club. Sometimes I wonder if they are really washed as stated, but is very convenient to make a salad.

Naughty Hah, I am SO bad with the gadgets, hence my google to check reviews and see if people thought they were worth it. Also, I almost always buy bagged, pre-washed greens. I used bagged butter lettuce for my salad today, and these still worked wonderfully! I stuck a big piece of english cucumber in my bowl, two sweet orange peppers (not bell, but the smaller longer ones), a bunch of mini heirloom tomatoes, my lettuce, and then chopped it all up. Then added my bacon bits, dressing (which went much further!), sheep's milk cheese, black olives, and avocado, and mixed it all in with a fork. It was amazing. So good.
The tomatoes... sigh. The meatier, thicker skin of the heirlooms and the squeezy-choppy of the scissors did not go well together at first. I squeezed and promptly squirted about a bucket worth of tomato guts all up my shirt and across my face. :lol:

Within the past week I have been keeping track of my caloric intake. I guess my next step is to make my weekly goals as you stated. Thanks for the advice ladies!
Dave Ramsey (whom I'm a big fan of) says in order for goals to work they must fit certain criteria.
They must be:
Specific
Measurable
Yours
Time-sensitive
Written.

Don't be vague. Make specific goals, and make sure they are measurable. Use numbers. The goals have to be YOURS. You won't succeed if you're doing things for someone else. Give yourself a deadline or a timeline. And write them down.
I think these are great, easy rules. Giving yourself measurable goals, whether it is "Lose 30 pounds in 16 weeks" or "track my food every single day this week" or "Walk 50 miles this month". Then you can break it down and make a plan for what needs to be done. Then you know if you're on plan to reach your goal, or not, or if things might need to be adjusted.

munchey
04-02-2013, 11:55 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/g23.gif
HI EVERYONE!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/KICK%20-%20PUSH/evilgrin0036.gifI need some motivation, so I'm giving myself a little prompting

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/KICK%20-%20PUSH/265.gifHere is a little push for anyone else needing motivation. I'm just peeking in from work, so I'm short on time. I'll be back this evening.

LETS KEEP MOVING AND FOCUSED ON OUR TARGETS!
WE CAN DO IT!

munchey
04-02-2013, 11:57 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/SALUTATIONS/elephant-lol.gifJEZ:
Your salad sounded great! I'm a big salad fan - there are so may ways you can mix it up and be creative.

I've experienced the squashing tomato before.

Munchey

munchey
04-02-2013, 09:43 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/GOOD%20JOB/yeah-text-smiley-emoticon.gif
YEAH!
I made it to the park today and did close to a normal walk. My right knee is finally better. I'm amazed. I had so much pain and problem last week - I never expected this much progress. I think the PT exercises helped. I'll see next week what the ortho doctor thinks was going on with it.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/EMOTIONS/smiley20no20no.gif

RANT WARNING!
I need to do a little rant about my trip to the park. It is two days past Easter and OMG what a mess folks left in the lovely park. There are plastic Easter egg parts, confetti, straw, streamers and little bits of metallic everywhere (even left at the water's edge in some of the wetland areas). One little alcove I enjoy passing through looked like they left most of their trash there (cups, napkins, candy wrappers, etc. spread everywhere). General trash is bad enough, but if people want pinatas and plastic Easter eggs with messy stuff in them that they don't clean up, they need to do that at home.

Amazing. How about some respect for other people, the park and the wildlife. How about leaving the messy stuff out of the pinatas and plastic eggs and clean up your trash!

RANT OVER - I FEEL BETTER

Jez
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
People are so rude. :-/

amandie
04-03-2013, 12:44 AM

:welcome:! Munchey and Jez have given you great advice already. Looking forward to reading your weekly goal(s)!

amandie
04-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Munchey- I would be ranting too!! Gosh, some people have no respect. :nono: Happy to hear about your knee, though!!!

Jez- Your salad sounds absolutely delicious! Online peeked too to see what they looked like and it is definitely something I'd get since I love salads more than doing the dishes, lol.

I did okay on Sunday- grazed all day, 3 beers and almost 2 pieces of pistachio pudding cake. Yesterday, though, I had 5 beers before/during/after darts, well almost 6 but I poured half out, some fries with cheese sauce (my kryptonite!) My excuse was that it was my sister's last night. I feel a little guilty because it wasn't planned and way more than I'd have liked to drink but I accounted for it at least and used my WP since I went over. Today is/was a new day and back on track with a bit of extra water for good measure! Definitely doing a session on the elliptical tomorrow.

Let's keep chugging through this week, everyone!!!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Gmornin ladies-
I went and bought a scale yesterday and as i suspected ive knocked myself right out of onederland! Im @ 201.6 this a.m. so my goal for the rest of the week is to make it back down to 200! I thought buying a scale would be a depressing thing fot me but i have to say i feel... motivated! I have a more consistant way to track my progress/regress and be able to tweek it as needed. I just have to make sure i dont get to obsessed with the thing as i have a tendency to do with things.
Munchey- glad ur knee is calming down and cooperating for u. Hope the ortho doesnt find anything major wrong and its only a matter of pt and some lite support.
Amandie- glad you had a good time with ur sister my baby sister and i r very close and when we get together it used to b around food, now we do lite foods and days of hiking and long walks since we both have changed lifestyles.
Jez- i am a huge salad person (pun intended lol) i love them and if not careful can flip them into a completely unhealthy meal. Ima check out ur new gadget too. Im surprised my mom hasnt said anything about them as she is a gadget junkie lol. But it saves me money cuz she gets them and if she doesnt like it then i get it or if she does then she buys 1 for me so hey!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Natalie- welcome to 3FC and bootcamp, ur gonna love it here!
Munchey im with u on the park rant! It absolutely drives me crazy to see trash left everywhere! I live out in the woods with beautiful backroads and it makes me nuts seeing trash thrown out everywhere along the way. It just makes no sense to me at all!
Easter wasnt to tragic for me i only had 3 bite-size reeses pb eggs and called myself done! There was a time that entire bag would have been gone before the sun went down! So a nsv for me lol!
The sun has been shining brite and ive been out playing in my yard getting everything all cleaned up trimmed back and ready for a fresh coat of mulch.
Well guess ive babbled long enough so, have a great day ladies!

Pink Hurricane
04-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Hello ladies! Things have been insane with work but I am back full force!

Started last week at 243.
This morning I weighed in at 239.
My goal for Sunday was to be at 240.

I hope that I lose a little more weight by then, but if not I am glad with the whoosh that finally decided to show itself!

SW: 243
CW: 239
GW: 205 by June 27

Sinderelly
04-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Tomorrow morning..I am making myself get up and work out before work! I have to! Every morning I say I am going to..and once that alarm goes off..I am back to sleep... le sigh..

People have been commenting on my weight loss..and I need to use that to motivate me! I went to Chilis tonight and ate soo unhealthy, but that was only one night..I'm not going to let that knock me off my weight loss course!

Hope everyone is doing well! I wish there was a mobile version of this site..it would make it a lot easier to just check on the boards when I feel like slipping up! ugh

Pink Hurricane
04-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Sinderelly I am right there with you! I always say I am going to get up and workout before I go to work but of course sleep wins the fight. There have been a few times when I have gotten up and I always have such a better day that way! So I will be getting up early in the morning just like you, we can do this!

Jez
04-04-2013, 01:29 AM
I'm in another state looking for housing to move here within the next couple months. I ate like crap yesterday and today. :-/ Last time I came here a couple weeks ago, I kept eating low carb without a problem. The only difference is that before I came here, I was tracking calories. Funny, how I acknowledge that eating low carb/high fat is what keeps me on track, and counting calories is what sends me into a cravey, spiraly binge, and i keep on trying it. lollol.

Sinderelly
04-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Sinderelly I am right there with you! I always say I am going to get up and workout before I go to work but of course sleep wins the fight. There have been a few times when I have gotten up and I always have such a better day that way! So I will be getting up early in the morning just like you, we can do this!

Well this morning it didn't work as planned.. ughhhh I have to do this! Hopefully you had better luck than I did!! 5:00 is just so early to me..and it isn't like it is THAT much earlier than when I usually get up (5:45) but that extra 45 minutes seems like soooo long to me in the mornings! I am up two lbs... I NEED to get it back off!

amandie
04-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Joy- I am so jealous that you got to play in your yard! I really want to have a green thumb but I have no idea where/how to start. I know the interwebz can tell me everything but it cannot give me a green thumb, lol! It's also really cold and windy even with all the sun so am waiting for it to warm up some more. Sorry that you are up right now but at least you know where you are and where to go from here. :)

PinkHurricane- Welcome back! Great job on your progress so far!

Sinderelly- I am with you on the lack of exercise, just so hard to get really motivated in the mornings! We can do it!!! One step at a time. I also wish there was a mobile app of 3FC. I do have a web browser on my phone but it isn't the same. I'm sure the 2lbs is from Chili's- not a real gain!

Jez- Lol, then stop calorie-counting! Haha. I wish you the best of luck finding a place to live! That is a lot of stress for sure.

Not much is new with me, it has been kinda busy with relatives in town (niece and nephew are visiting on spring break.) I'm still on track and down to 165.0, whew! :crossed: to keep that 165 until Sunday. I will be getting in a bit of walking today with my cousin this evening so that's something!

Have a great day, everyone!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Hello Ladies-
Scale this a.m. says 200.6 thats -1lb. so YEA ME!
Ok so the latest news... last summer i started going to a Healthy Eating Class thru a local free clinic. During that 8wk session i lost 24lbs. by counting calories and switching to whole foods my bloodwork numbers were all high except sugar was good. At session end my blood work ups were heading in the right direction at a steady pace, my bp went from 138/86 to 113/68 and my sugar became perfect! I am still doing this and still losing (except my winter gain which im already getting on top of). Anyway...
They are starting a new session but looking to make it a permanant thing and my teacher and the 2 clinic directors have asked me to teach the class! I was a bit hesitant at first since obviously i still have a long way to go BUT i now am thinking that because i will be an active participant as well as a teacher it will be beneficial to all involved. Ill be practicing what i teach! Ill do the weigh-ins and measurements right along with my class and confess my sins and accomplishments right along with them too! Ive learned alot along the way and still have alot to learn so may as well make it a group effort right? What do u ladies think? Does that seem like a positive game plan?

munchey
04-04-2013, 09:22 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif
HI EVERYONE!
This week is going by fast. I'm not getting in enough exercise this week, so I need to improve upon that. I've been consistent with my PT exercises for my knees, so that is good. I need to get back into the groove after slacking off because of my knee.

At least I finally got a new microwave. My microwave has been malfunctioning for several months. Moisture would build up and it would lose power. It became like a game, "will I be able to cook this item before I lose power, lol". After making two purchases that I had/have to return, I finally got a new microwave that fits in my cabinetry. I count on my microwave a lot. It was a pain to find one that fits, but I'm glad I have a working one without any problems. The sizing on new microwaves seems to be a bit bigger.

DANGEROUS:
Good Job - Wonderland is within days!

Teaching the class sounds like a great opportunity. Being straight forward with the class at the beginning will probably put you on a peer level. I see it as a unique and positive learning situation - go for it!

AMANDIE:
I'm counting on you to be 165 or under on Sunday!

SINDERELLY & PINK HURRICANE:
It can be tough to get up early in the morning, but I have faith that you ladies can do it. Be sure to get enough sleep, by getting to bed earlier.

Congrats Pink Hurricane on getting back on track.

JEZ:
I hope you find a new home soon. It can be tough to stay with the program while traveling. I'd say stay with whatever works for you. If counting calories send you into a tizzy, then go back to what you were doing. Most often, I don't count my calories in a formal manner. I am aware of the calories in what I am eating and do focus on portion control

Sinderelly
04-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Sooo I put on a pair of size 18 jeans tonight.. that when I bought them in December were super snug and I could barely button them (I had to lay on the bed and suck in reaaaaaaallly tight) ... well when I put them on..they were a bit baggy! I can slide them on without unbuttoning them and they are super loose!

*dances* So excited about that!

amandie
04-04-2013, 10:27 PM
What the heck?! I'm overweight now, no longer obese?! SO HAPPY!!! :carrot: I also have a pair that I can zip up with no problems that I bought in December (day after Christmas sale), I could barely get them past my hips let alone zip them up. I am so ecstatic, I just realized this overweight thing for the first time tonight.

So happy for your NSV, Sinderelly!!! Such an awesome feeling, isn't it? :carrot:

Joy- I love that! I would totally do it if I was offered an opportunity like that. Go for it, girl!

Munchey- I cannot live without my microwave too! Haha. I sure hope mine doesn't go out like ever because it is attached right above the stove and replacing it would be a pain. *knockonwood* Love the cat GIF, btw.

munchey
04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/KICK%20-%20PUSH/cootiegrn.gif

LETS GET MOVING CAMPERS

LETS GET THAT FAT OFF!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/animals_91.gifhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/animals_91.gifhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/animals_91.gif

munchey
04-05-2013, 10:49 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/GOOD%20JOB/two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif
AMANDIE & SINDERELLY:
Good job! It can be inspiring to go shopping in your closet when the scale is moving in the right direction.

Naughty

dangerouscurvesahead
04-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Gmornin ladies~
Scale is 200.8 this a.m. (taco bell yesterday). Today is my dd's 14th bday and her party is tomorrow complete with cake, icecream, chips and bonfire foods, hotdogs, marshmallows, graham crackers and oh lord chocolate! Ugh! I can see onederland on the other side waving and sticking its tongue out and laughing at me saying you can't catch me , nanny nanny booboo! Then i become sherman clump stomping my foot and saying over and over "YES. I. CAN. YES. I. CAN!"
Munchey- i admit i dont know how i ever functioned before microwaves lol sounds pityful dont it?!
Amandie- im sending you warm sunny vibes! Congrats on the smaller jeans, amazing how smaller jeans really do make us feel great! Oh and ^5 on being over weight ill be over joyed when i get there!
Sinderelly- Dance away girlfriend like i said smaller jeans are an awesome feeling!
Pink- good luck on the a.m. workouts! Im up @ 6:30 every morning but can not even imagine being that active that early! Im on auto pilot for the 1st 2 hrs at least. (I may rise but i refuse to shine- garfield the cat)
Thanx ladies for the positve input about me teaching! All i keep thinking is ... ill just do what id like to have happen if i was going to the class (which i did and will be doing alot of how my teacher did). Its a 2hr class once a week so my idea is... weigh-ins, the topic of the night (a macronutrient a week), Q &A session

dangerouscurvesahead
04-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Oops phone flipped out so ill try to go from here lol. And im thinking the last 15 minutes of class some stretches. Alot of them(me included) will have back, knee problems and just general stiffness and im thinking each week work a different area in hopes of getting them able to move a little better and easier even if its only one day a week that they do it.
So new Q today is... If you were going to take this class what would you like to talk about, learn about and or do? ( i may make a separate thread for this question as well to get lots of ideas and even help me learn more and keep people interested and motivated)

munchey
04-05-2013, 01:02 PM
DANGEROUS:
I suggest that on the first day of class you ask the students what they want to get out of the class. You might think through some options that you want to cover and put them on a list and have the students rank them in order of importance to them. If you take this approach, then give them an opportunity to write in something that you might not have thought of.

Best to ask them. You might be surprised on what the majority wants. If you find out on the first day, then when they will likely give you a good rating at the end of the class in regards to what they got out of the class.

Munchey

Jez
04-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Hello ladies! Things have been insane with work but I am back full force!

Started last week at 243.
This morning I weighed in at 239.
My goal for Sunday was to be at 240.

I hope that I lose a little more weight by then, but if not I am glad with the whoosh that finally decided to show itself! YESS!

I'm in another state looking for housing to move here within the next couple months. I ate like crap yesterday and today. :-/ Last time I came here a couple weeks ago, I kept eating low carb without a problem. The only difference is that before I came here, I was tracking calories. Funny, how I acknowledge that eating low carb/high fat is what keeps me on track, and counting calories is what sends me into a cravey, spiraly binge, and i keep on trying it. lollol.
Lord, I was tired when I typed this. I'm not moving in the next couple months, I am moving next WEEK. See. Eating poorly makes you dumb.

Jez- Lol, then stop calorie-counting! Haha. I wish you the best of luck finding a place to live! That is a lot of stress for sure. I KNOW! There are so many things I know so much better about, but keep doing. :mad:

Thanks, I found a really cute rental house. I'm hoping my application goes through, and soon.

They are starting a new session but looking to make it a permanant thing and my teacher and the 2 clinic directors have asked me to teach the class! I was a bit hesitant at first since obviously i still have a long way to go BUT i now am thinking that because i will be an active participant as well as a teacher it will be beneficial to all involved. Ill be practicing what i teach! Ill do the weigh-ins and measurements right along with my class and confess my sins and accomplishments right along with them too! Ive learned alot along the way and still have alot to learn so may as well make it a group effort right? What do u ladies think? Does that seem like a positive game plan? Sure! You don't have to be the "teacher" per se, I feel like it could be more of you just being the leader or the facilitator of the group. Then everyone's an equal, but there's order and goals. Nothing wrong with that! Also, fun! And yay!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Gmornin ladies-
Jez- hope ur app gors thru for the house and your move is as smooth as can be.
Munchey- im going to hand out cards at end of class and ask what theyd like to learn and their goals from/for the class and themselves.
Today is my dd's bday party and ive got lots to do and going to be a long day with a house full of teenage girls. You ladies have a great sunny day!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-07-2013, 08:30 AM
SUNDAY...
Scale-201.4 damn bday cake, icecream and chips!
Exercise- i got 5 days of walks in as well as a couple days of yardwork so theres a plus!

GOALS for 4/8/13-4/14/13

*Weight- 199
*get better at staying to daily calorie allowance
*2 days at the gym w/full workouts
*3 days (@ least) of walks
*to be more organized
*to follow thru on my plans better

munchey
04-07-2013, 11:02 AM

My actuals for 3-24-13 thru 3-30-13 are:
Current Weight: 221 (Just a couple of ounces shy of 220)
LOSS: 2 pounds
MILES: Didn't count this week
DVDS: Did not meet :( -

WHAT WENT WELL:
I had a bad day yesterday. I even weighed to see what I might expect for this morning. I have to admit, I did feel extra fat and bloated yesterday, so I must have been carrying water weight. Yesterday showed no loss, but this morning showed 2 pounds plus. It served to remind me that our weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds, and it is easy to retain fluids.

I did well with my food this week and was consistent with taking metabolism supplements (green coffee and raspberry ketones). I didn't count mileage because I'm still nursing my knee. I did do my PT knee exercises

Get in some exercise early in the morning, in addition to the knee PT exercises. Focus on mileage this week and work in an exercise DVD. Work on strategizing my computer/stock market time better

My goals for the week 4-7-13 thru 4-13-13 are:

Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 25 miles - knees permitting
Exercise Body Parts = DVD's - One 30 minute session 3 day a week or independent circuits

munchey
04-07-2013, 12:03 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/HOUSEHOLD/MicrowaveExplosion.gif
I had a horrible day yesterday. One of those days when things didn't go right and/or something happened to significantly annoy you. I started the day with jumping on the scale to see how things might go this morning with my weigh in. I was disappointed - the scale didn't show a loss. I even felt fatter than the scale indicated.

A good part of the day, I was extremely irritated. My neighbor across the back from me (our yards are back to back) had his radio amplified with speakers outside for several hours. I asked him to turn it down and he wouldn't. I'm not good at screening out unwanted or annoying sounds. I put on my headphones and listened to my choice of audio, but I couldn't screen out his noise.

I did go to the park with my dog for a walk and that offered some stress relief. I struggled to keep my food in check - I wanted to reach out to food. The only thing that keep me in line was the thought that I had to post my weight today.

I started to have an evening snack of microwave popcorn. I bought a new microwave this week and have only used it for a couple of days (still getting orientated to the times for cooking). I tried microwave popcorn two days ago and used the "Popcorn" button on the microwave. The results weren't optimum and a lot of kernels were left unpopped. So, here I go. I placed a microwave popcorn package in the microwave, put the timer for 3 minutes and stepped away to use the restroom. Unfortunately, the RR trip took the whole 3 minutes. OMG, the whole package had turned into a smoking ball. It appeared as if the insides caught fire. Nothing popped - just black ashes in the interior. When I opened the door of the microwave a huge amount of smoke came out and the whole kitchen was smoky and now the whole house smells like smoke.

The microwave was left with a brown film everywhere. I was so determined to keep it clean - putting paper plate covers over most things to prevent splashes. My microwave now has brown spots impregnated into the plastic interior. I can't get it out. My prior microwave cooked popcorn perfectly at the three minute level. I guess it was lower wattage than my new one. When I was working, we had problems with microwave popcorn getting a burning clump of popcorn in the center, but nothing like what I experienced. The only thing close to it was when one of the engineers dialed in 30 minutes for the cooking time of his popcorn my mistake, lol (you know how that one came out).

BOTTOM LINE:
So, I went with an alternative snack last night, some blackberry sorbet. I guess I was better off NOT having popcorn, lol. When I weighed in the morning, the scale showed I had lost over 2 pounds. I guess I was retaining water yesterday.

My message is, "don't give up". Keep in contact with others and make yourself accountable in some way. If not on this message board or thread, we all need to do it somewhere. Things will go wrong in our lives and on some days, the only thing that may keep you on track is the fact that you have to post your weight tomorrow or the next day, etc.

We have one life to live. It is too short to live it uncomfortably in a fat body. It will never get any easier. As we age and get joint problems, it will get more difficult for us to move. Seize the opportunity and don't give up. We can do this!

Naughty

amandie
04-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Hello ladies!

Joy- Aw! I think it could be just a fluctuation, not a real gain! :crossed: for you to get to One-derland!! You are so close!

Munchey- How crazy about the popcorn and I'd have been upset with the brown marks in the new microwave. Popcorn and I are a terrible threesome with the microwave so I just stick with the microwave and other things, lol. Sounds like your neighbor isn't very neighborly, ugh. Congrats on your 2lb loss and on resisting to go to food for comfort!!! Hopefully next Sunday, you'll hit the two-teens!!! :crossed:

Jez- Fingers crossed on that application for the rental house! :)

Sunday (4/7) 166.0 so I basically maintained (water weight?), although I was 165 one time this week. I also did not work out at all this week, although I said I would. It should be better now that spring break is over and all the nieces/nephews are back home.

Goals for 4/7 to 4/13-
WT loss goal- 1lb+
Sun/Tues/Thurs- elliptical trainer, Mon/Wed- lifting and have Fri/Sat off
Keep tracking food intake

I really need someone to ask me if I worked out this week to keep me accountable. I believe I will do it today and keep consistent. My stupid excuse for not working out was "I will be up in water weight! I just wanna keep this 165 trend until Sunday", "I'll be too sore to play darts tomorrow night and won't play well." etc and I ended up being 166 anyway so I figure I should just suck it up and do it!!!

munchey
04-07-2013, 01:14 PM

AMANDIE:
Get exercising! No excuses! Your health and fitness is a lot more important than a dart game!

We are holding you accountable to us all. You need to post your progress daily or post a good reason why not.

Munchey

munchey
04-07-2013, 01:20 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/577.gif
DANGEROUS:
You can do it! Come on 199 or less! You have the power to make it happen!

Munchey

munchey
04-07-2013, 02:06 PM
AMANDIE:
I neglected to use the knowledge I already had in regard to my new microwave and popcorn. The right way to find the perfect formula is to reduce the power level and then stand in front of the microwave and listen to the pops. For example, set the power level to 80% and stand in front of the microwave during the cooking process. You either need to select a time such as 2 minutes and plan on adding a little extra time or selecting 3 minutes and planning on having to stop the cooking when you get to very little popping (if you can hear it) or can see the bag puffed up appropriately. Once you find the magic power level and time combo, you have it figured out for the future.

In hindsight, I should follow my own advice. The power level on my old microwave wasn't marked and I had forgotten the wattage. That is what I get for not anticipating the worst case.

Munchey

amandie
04-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Seriously, Munchey- Thank you so much!!! That is what I needed! :kickbutt: I did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer tonight, gooooo me!!!! :carrot: Felt bit shaky/wobbly afterwards but the green smoothie helped with that. Tomorrow, I will be doing my weight lifting routine. My plan for this week- Sun/Tues/Thurs- elliptical trainer, Mon/Wed- lifting and have Fri/Sat off.

I did something a bit different with the brussel sprouts for dinner tonight- added about 1 1/2 tbsp of dry italian dressing seasoning along with 1 tbsp butter- it was SO good, even the BF scarfed them down and he normally does not like them. I also made pumpkin & cream bread (http://www.emilybites.com/2011/11/pumpkin-cream-bread.html)and will have a slice later on tonight. Hopefully it's good as it smelled coming out of the oven!

Again, Munchey- thank you so much!!! Have a great night, everyone.

munchey
04-08-2013, 11:04 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/ANIMALS/PIGS/g23.gif

AMANDIE AND OTHER CAMPERS:
Get your rear in gear Camper - you have exercise to do!

Put down those baked goods and mind your food intake!

NO EXCUSES CAMPER! AND THAT MEANS YOU!

Jez
04-08-2013, 01:18 PM
I needed that reprimanding!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Weigh in this a.m. - 202.8 ugh!
glad the cake is gone! This week is gonna be in the 70s so ima do all i can to be outside moving around and burning those calories off! Im getting things done today but in slow motion cuz im just dragging. Mondays just bite for me, they always have. Im considering canceling my gym membership to cut back on expenses since i dont have to take my son to school anymore i really dont have a reason to go into that part of town and its out of the way for me gas wise too. Id much rather be outside doing things once the weather breaks anyway but the gym made sense in cold weather and being as i was in that area everyday taking my son back n forth to votech. I just dont see it being economically beneficial at this point.

shepherdgirl
04-08-2013, 05:36 PM
226.8 as of April 7th

I'd like to join 'Fat Camp.' I was doing really well one year ago, exercising daily, eating my weight loss calories, losing a couple pounds a week. And then I just . . . stopped. I don't handle stress in a healthy way and gained back the weight I had initially lost. I haven't hit my high weight yet, but that's nothing to brag about. :P

Anyways, now that the weather is prettier it is motivating me to get back on track. Plus I'll be graduating college in May, so it's about time I lost my baby fat. :D

I'm going to start super small and try to (re)learn some basic healthy habits.

This week's goals:
food=eat 1500 calories per day and NO DESSERT (I eat in the college caf. and this is a big temptation)
weight=lose at least 1.5 lbs, hopefully more due to water weight
exercise=walk to all my classes, take all the stairs and do an additional 3 days of walking @ 30 mins. per day

This month's goals:
get out of the 220's by the end of April (may not be attainable, but I'm depending on that extra water weight I'm sure I will loose)

amandie
04-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Welcome, Shepherdgirl! Great idea on starting small!! I believe you can do it! Good luck with all of your goals!

Munchey- Thank you again! Much appreciated! :D

Joy- I would probably cancel my membership too for all those reasons you stated above. :)

Couldn't find my lifting routine earlier and did not feel like looking online to make a new one, etc so I decided to go with 30 minutes on the elliptical again. For some reason, I don't feel sore in the legs at all on workout #1 (yesterday) and #2 today (there are 6 total and 6 is the "hardest".) Bit concerned that I didn't work out "hard" enough? I think I will do#4 next time.

The pumpkin and cream bread turned out good last night, I added a bit more pumpkin puree and less applesauce since I really like pumpkin, lol. Less than 90 calories per slice. My next project is cinnamon sugar blondies (http://moreoatsplease.com/2013/03/09/cinnamon-sugar-white-bean-blondies/) (made with beans.) I love baking, can you tell? Haha!

Have a great night, all!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Gmornin ladies-
201.2 this a.m. oh and its the week before T.O.M. jeez! Ah! The joys of being a woman lol. Today is suppose to be 82 how awesome is that i ask?! Im takin a gf to do her house cleaning job today and while shes doing that ill go for a nice long walk and gonna try some jogging spurts mixed in dont know how thats gonna go since im not a runner unless my fat a** is being chased lol. The only problem with beautiful days... NOTHING gets done in the house! I just save all that for rainy days or at night before i go to bed IF i have the energy. Oh well, at least i know whatever needs to be done will always be there waiting for me when i do get to it lol!
Heres to an active OP day to all of us wonderful women!

munchey
04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/SALUTATIONS/animatedstarstext-HELLO.gif

shepherdgirl:
Welcome to camp!

Don't beat yourself up about the past. The important thing is that you are back on tract. You have some good goals! I'm betting you can get out of the 220's by May 1.

Let's do it!
Munchey

munchey
04-09-2013, 01:23 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/winking-sticking-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif

HEY EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE THE MOST OF THE DAY!

DANGEROUS:
Even some very fast walking spurts during a walk can be beneficial. I hope you enjoy your nice sunny day! The house work will always be there, lol. The perfect day won't. Sieze the day and enjoy.

AMANDIE:
Keep moving! Good job on the exercising! Watch out for those baked goods - those 90 calorie pieces can add up fast.

I had an appt. yesterday with my ortho doctor. Looks like my only treatment option left for my left knee is as knee replacement. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. My right knee is better, but it has arthritis as well. At least my right knee doesn't have the same bone on bone situation that I have in the outer area of my left knee. Since my ortho doctor doesn't do knee replacements (mostly, artho procedures), I'll have to find a new doctor for a 2nd opinion and future follow-up, etc. There is a possible doctor in the same medical group, but I'm not sure he will be my choice. I'm thinking I want to find the best doctor that takes my insurance, get a 2nd opinion and then go from there.

It was a little frustrating. Seems that all the medical offices are going electronic (I think it was mandated by the Obama Care monstrosity). They had none of my prior records and info. from my prior visits and surgery weren't there. It was like starting over, with me providing all the info. I was joking with the nurse, as she sat in front of a cupboard, imputing info into the computer while in my exam room. I said, "what happens when the computer network goes down?" She said it has already happened and was down for about a week (had to rely on patients for info.). Looks like going forward, we won't be able to rely on the doctor knowing info from a few years ago (only electronic info. going forward). I'm sure that records are likely in storage somewhere until the legal timeline for law suits has expired. It appears as if they won't retrieve those records for appointments. I have an appointment with my Primary Care Doc. tomorrow, lets see if I encounter the same situation. It has been about 10 years since I've been to see my Gastro doctor, I'm suspecting he won't have any of my history either when I go to my appt. with him in the middle of the month.

PS: Just caught a bit on TV news about a new medical approach - "Group Patient Visits". Apparently, some doctors are starting to do this for some types of patient visits.

Munchey

lizbiz82
04-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I m in !!!

Mini goal : BY May 15th i want to be 130lbs
2nd goal : August 20th i want to be at 120lb( i ideal weight) Currentlyi m 138.2 lbs weighting for sundays weigh in

dangerouscurvesahead
04-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Welcome new campers jump right in! I did a 3.25 mile walk today and did 1 mile in 9min. 15sec. a new record for me! I had a "Rocky" moment when i saw it on my tracker!
Amandie- i love to bake also but now its meats and meals and my daughter has become the sweets baker and has even converted to bite size everything for my benefit lol. My son is the chef, he loves to cook and comes up with all kinds of awesome concoctions so we take turns making dinner. Now if i could just get them to do the dang dishes!
Munchey- keep cracking that whip we all need it!

munchey
04-09-2013, 05:30 PM
I m in !!!

2nd goal : August 20th i want to be at 120lb( i ideal weight) Currentlyi m 138.2 lbs weighting for sundays weigh in
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/SALUTATIONS/green-monster-waving-smiley-emoticon.gif
LIZBIZ:
Welcome to camp! You are on you way to a slimmer Summer!

You can do this!

Munchey

munchey
04-09-2013, 05:36 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/belly-dance.gif

LET'S KEEP MOVING TEAM! WE CAN DO THIS!

KEEP THINKING OF THE REWARDS WITHIN OUR REACH!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/SMILEYS/good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif
WE ARE GOING TO FEEL MUCH BETTER THIS SUMMER

amandie
04-10-2013, 12:22 AM
I had an appt. yesterday with my ortho doctor. Looks like my only treatment option left for my left knee is as knee replacement. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. My right knee is better, but it has arthritis as well. At least my right knee doesn't have the same bone on bone situation that I have in the outer area of my left knee. Since my ortho doctor doesn't do knee replacements (mostly, artho procedures), I'll have to find a new doctor for a 2nd opinion and future follow-up, etc. There is a possible doctor in the same medical group, but I'm not sure he will be my choice. I'm thinking I want to find the best doctor that takes my insurance, get a 2nd opinion and then go from there.

Munchey

Sorry to hear that. Hoping the best for you! :crossed: Great idea on getting the best.

amandie
04-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Welcome, LizBiz!!

Joy- 82? Nice!!! I agree, the house will always be there, enjoy the day instead, lol. Congrats on the new record! That is awesome. On the cooking/baking, I absolutely love making mini and bite-sized sweets. I think they are adorable and somehow, it feels more indulgent if you have few instead of a whole one which is practically the same size.

Low-key day, went grocery shopping and decided to try a new item- dried figs. I tried one by itself and it wasn't that bad. The seeds, though. I would prefer dates instead but for now, I will use the figs for my green smoothies for added fiber and sweetness. Blending will also help pulverize the seeds. I am happy to report that I did another half an hour in the elliptical today and on the #6 hardest work out, too! :carrot: I almost wanted to stop at 10 minutes in and switch it to #4 but I psyched myself out saying, give it 5 more minutes and pushing through. Hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow, lol. Tomorrow, lifting for sure. :lifter: I am really happy that I finally got back to working out. Thanks for crackin' that whip, Munchey!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Gmornin ladies-
201.4 this a.m. but im not gonna fret to much about it just yet(new exercise and tom coming). So anyway... Happy Hump Day! Half the week is gone already wow. The weather man says we may hit 90 today which would be a record high. Looks like Spring sprang right on into summer! Today me and the dogs are hitting the beach for our walk/jog. I did an evening walk yesterday too for a total of almost 7 miles.
Amandie- the elliptical is my favorite piece of cardio equipment. I always did it in reverse mode once i got the hang of it. Works more muscles and burns about 20-30% more calories, give it a try.
Munchey- wow sorry to hear surgery is needed but definitely smart thinking on getting the best your ins. will allow! Hope it all goes smoothly!
Have a great day yall and ill check back in later.

munchey
04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/KICK%20-%20PUSH/cootiegrn.gif

LETS GET MOVING CAMPERS

WE HAVE HALF THE WEEK LEFT!

IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO RECOVER OR DRIVE AN EXTRA POUND OR TWO HOME

LET'S DO IT!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Good evening ladies-
Spent couple hours on the beach today, we had a blast! It got to 92 but not going to complain cuz it wasnt humid! Got 2.3 miles in while i was there and a good start to my summer glow! I also did my neighborhood walk this evening for another 2 miles. Planning on meeting my sisters at the beach in the morning for a little girl time exercise then im gonna go visit my mama (God give me strength). Ive been doing good at staying within my calorie count (thanx to my walks increasing my daily intake allotment lol). Have a great nite ladies.

amandie
04-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Good evening, all!

Joy- I have TOM coming up too! That's why I kinda feel crazy because I haven't seen anything lower than 166 but that is from getting back into exercise. I just would like to see something before TOM starts but ehh, as long as I stay on plan, something has to give eventually! 92 and not humid? Nice! The beach sounds awesome. I really miss living near a beach! :) I am not looking forward to summer here, it gets SO humid! Today it was a bit humid because of the rain. Doing the elliptical in reverse burns more? Wow. Sometimes I do it as a cool-down and it feels kinda easier to do, though I've never done it for 30 minutes at a time so my feelings on that may change, lol. Thanks for the tip!
I haven't worked out yet, been busy all day with my BF helping my dad and cleaning. I will do it in a while since I just had dinner, I tried julienned zukes in my lemon pepper pasta/chicken alfredo for the first time tonight and it was SO good! I will report back in a little while.

shepherdgirl
04-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the friendly welcome. I've been trying to loose weight ever since high school and never stuck with it long term. It's not that complicated, I've got a good plan that's worked well for me in the past, I just can't let myself stop!

So far, I've been doing okay on my goals. Haven't yet exercised, which I need to start doing tomorrow at the latest if I'm going to meet my weekly goal. The weather is turning bad, but I have no excuses since my campus has an indoor walking track. So far I've been able to avoid the dessert section of the cafeteria. I had been eating dessert every day (horrible I know), and the first day without it was difficult, but after that it wasn't as tempting. :)

shepherdgirl
04-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Oh yeah, and my TOM should be arriving soon also. I'm trying a new system and weighing every day and jotting it down on a piece of paper (I used to only weigh myself once per week). I still only count my once weekly weight and am just doing the daily thing to watch trends. It will be interesting once 'Aunt Flo' arrives. I do know that I tend to eat more sweets during that time, so I'm wondering if that had more to do with my bad post-period weigh-ins in the past than water retention. But I've given up dessert and am drinking lots of water, so we'll see how it goes. :)

Jez
04-10-2013, 09:47 PM
(I think it was mandated by the Obama Care monstrosity). They had none of my prior records and info. from my prior visits and surgery weren't there. It was like starting over, with me providing all the info. I was joking with the nurse, as she sat in front of a cupboard, imputing info into the computer while in my exam room. I said, "what happens when the computer network goes down?" She said it has already happened and was down for about a week (had to rely on patients for info.). Looks like going forward, we won't be able to rely on the doctor knowing info from a few years ago (only electronic info. going forward). I'm sure that records are likely in storage somewhere until the legal timeline for law suits has expired. It appears as if they won't retrieve those records for appointments. I have an appointment with my Primary Care Doc. tomorrow, lets see if I encounter the same situation. It has been about 10 years since I've been to see my Gastro doctor, I'm suspecting he won't have any of my history either when I go to my appt. with him in the middle of the month.

PS: Just caught a bit on TV news about a new medical approach - "Group Patient Visits". Apparently, some doctors are starting to do this for some types of patient visits.
Oh boy. I was just complaining earlier today about one of the repercussions of this thing. :-/

I m in !!!

2nd goal : August 20th i want to be at 120lb( i ideal weight) Currentlyi m 138.2 lbs weighting for sundays weigh in Welcome! Good goals!

munchey
04-10-2013, 11:33 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/HOUSEHOLD/TG-Kvinder-23.gif

shepherdgirl:
Good job with staying away from the sweets. A indoor walking track is a great option to have during bad or hot weather! You may find that weighing yourself every day might drive you crazy (with the ups and downs during the week). Although some weeks I may weigh an extra day during the week, I do much better emotionally if I minimize the weighing. If you get frustrated with it, you might want to adjust it for the long run.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/FOOD/1lg118NutJuggling.gif

AMANDIE:
You are quite the accomplished cook! Are you targeting a certain calorie count per day? That scale should start moving down. Calories in versus calories out.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/BEACH/Woman_tans.gif

DANGEROUS:
Good job on the exercise! Exercising at the beach can be great fun. Be sure to use some sunscreen and get that tan wisely. You will be glad you did a few years from now.

munchey
04-10-2013, 11:52 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/FOOD/EAT/funny-creature-chewing-smiley-emoticon11.gif

CALORIES IN

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/JUNE14-2011/dance.gif
VERSUS CALORIES OUT

GOT TO HAVE THE RIGHT MIX FOR SUCCESS!
WE CAN DO IT, YES WE CAN!

amandie
04-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Munchey- Did it! I am sore and I think I'm gonna be VERY sore tomorrow especially doing those squats! I did not miss those at all. :lol:

I am doing Weight Watchers and have been since Jan 2011 with a few off/on periods so I don't really calorie-count but I have logged my food in MFP a couple of times just to be sure because of the zero point fruits since a lot of people have had problems losing with that, veggies I don't really worry about. I tend to eat my DPA along with usually no more than half of the WPA. I weigh/measure my food with a digital kitchen scale and I don't go crazy with the "zero point" fruits. All the fruit I eat for the day is in my daily green smoothie- usually 100g banana, 140g berries or mangoes, 112-113g 0% greek yogurt, 45-85g spinach, 45-85g carrots and sometimes 40g of figs for a bit of added sweetness if I am using more veggies than usual. I kinda want to blame the cream of mushroom that went in my beef stroganoff for dinner last night and the new workout regimen. I am going to try to not to stress about my weight right now, I think I am going to focus on staying OP with food/water and working out consistently! Sorry that was such a long post! :D I seriously LOL'd hard when I saw the purple hippo gif!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Gmornin ladies-
Weight 200.8 this a.m. i absolutely love the beach! The fact that i live on a peninsula has me surrounded by water and big and small beaches, as well as a state park and national monumental park so lots of beaches and hiking places! My hole in the woods is way back in the woods so even lots of walking places out here too like 2 horse farms i like walking to and visiting all the critters on them! Ill spend as much time as i can outside before the humidity hits cuz when that time comes i become a vampire and only go out after the sun goes down lol! Ok ladies have a great day and get your move on!

munchey
04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/FOOD/jofrkspn.gif
AMANDIE:
I was just checking as part of your request for Fat Camp concierge service this week, lol.

Weight Watcher's plan is certainly one of the good options. Thanks for sharing. I can tell you are a "foodie", but a healthy one. Food is one of the greatest pleasures in life. I guess that is why many of us struggle with our weight and to find the perfect balance.

Munchey

munchey
04-11-2013, 11:37 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/99.gif

DANGEROUS:
I'm jealous that you have so many hiking opportunities.

You might be interested in a recent story about a California 18 & 19 year old couple that went "walking" in a California area called Trabuco Canyon. The news media was all over this story. Unofficially, the speculation by some talk radio stations is that they originally went there to "do some drugs in a nature setting" - perhaps something like a local weed, like Jimson Weed that causes hallucinations.(female had Facebook photo posted of her using a bong)

They both almost died from dehydration. They were lost within one half of a mile of their car. They were "off trail", got separated and were found without shoes. The story they tell is that they went for a "walk" in shorts and sandels with very little water. They had no provisions for a hike, but decided they decided to turn the walk into a hike. The female stated, "We wanted to go to the the top of the trail to touch the clouds". They both said they started with hallucinations that first day. They went off trail, separated and both wandered around in the dense vegetation within one half mile of their car for 3-4 days. They were close to death when they were both found on different days. I'm thinking that they came close to winning the Darwin Award.

shepherdgirl
04-11-2013, 06:00 PM
I had a very lovely walk today--I managed to get it in before the storm that is ominously overhanging us at the moment. The sky had deep blue fluffy clouds and a cool breeze was whipping the hair around my face. I had my iPod listening to one of my favorite podcasts--it was quite humorous and I was giggling to myself (good thing no one saw me)! And then I had an epiphany: I am so much happier when I am taking care of my body. I love spending time walking outdoors and I actually like the sensation of my tummy growling . . . it's a physical reminder that I'm doing something right (versus the stuffed bloated feeling that I get when I overeat). So, why o why do I persist in returning back to the old habits that make me miserable? Maybe if some of you are psychologists you could tell me, but my conclusion is that I'm just an idiot. :P But I'm not one this week and it's feeling great!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Good evening ladies-
Got my beach walk in with my sisters this a.m. the tide was in so couldnt walk a long distance but walked it twice just cuz it was beautiful at 8:30 this morning. Did my evening neighborhood dog walk this evening too. Only junk i had today was 2 doritos n not 2 bags either just 2 chips lol!
Munchey- lmao! Oh wow to funny but would have been absolutely pitiful if they had died that way wow!
Amandie- yes, its been beautiful the past few days! Got thunderstorms comin in tonite and tomorrow thats suppose to drop temps to 60-70 and sunny over weekend and ill take it lol!
But now ladies you see why im going to drop my gym membership for a few months cuz ive always got something i can be doing outside!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Shepherd- u made me smile! When i walk im jamming to my fav music and will get caught up in a song and feeling and be singing and dancing while i walk! People are so used to it now they dont look at me all concerned that im having some sort of seisure or something and just smile and wave when i pass or they pass me lol! If we were walking together people would probably think we had a few drinks or some whacky weed before hand lmao! I agree too that when i startwd eating whole food and calorie counfing it definitely changed my mood for the better! Its weird/amazing that food can do that to a person isnt it

Jez
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I had a very lovely walk today--I managed to get it in before the storm that is ominously overhanging us at the moment. The sky had deep blue fluffy clouds and a cool breeze was whipping the hair around my face. I had my iPod listening to one of my favorite podcasts--it was quite humorous and I was giggling to myself (good thing no one saw me)! And then I had an epiphany: I am so much happier when I am taking care of my body. I love spending time walking outdoors and I actually like the sensation of my tummy growling . . . it's a physical reminder that I'm doing something right (versus the stuffed bloated feeling that I get when I overeat). So, why o why do I persist in returning back to the old habits that make me miserable? Maybe if some of you are psychologists you could tell me, but my conclusion is that I'm just an idiot. :P But I'm not one this week and it's feeling great! Hahaha, and ditto!

munchey
04-11-2013, 09:38 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MOTIVATION/Car_keys.gif

SHEPHARD GIRL:
I think we have to keep reminding ourselves that the answer is "between all or nothing". I know that I fight the tendancy to be totally good or totally bad. The truth is that most of us won't ever be totally good, so we need to get over our slips and NOT beat ourselves up. We just need to get back on track as soon as possible when we slip.

Once we find low calorie food and exercises we like and can live with and enjoy - then the rest should be easy. Most folks eventually fail when they end up eating food they hate and doing exercise that seems like torture.

Munchey

munchey
04-11-2013, 09:46 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/FOOD/granny_tv.gif

DANGEROUS:
Have you tried any of the popped tortilla chips? Pop Chips has a chili lime version that is tasty and I found a 2nd brand a few weeks ago. I like to crumble up a few and put them in green salads. I make sort of a low cal taco salad.

munchey
04-11-2013, 09:52 PM
HEY CAMPERS!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/GOOD%20JOB/coollogo_com-19587432.gif

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/GOOD%20JOB/coollogo_com-196911423.gif

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/MOTIVATION/GoTeam.gif

dangerouscurvesahead
04-12-2013, 07:09 AM
TGIF ladies-
Weight 198.6!!!! this a.m. but im not going to change my ticker til my "official" weigh in sunday cuz im afraid ill jinx myselfAGAIN!
Its raining today so ill get caught up on all my inside chores today.
Munchey- ive never even heard of popped tortilla chips but i will be looking them up over the weekend lol thanx for the suggestion.

Snowtopper
04-12-2013, 07:25 AM
I would love to join your group. I usually weighin on Sundays so this is great. Can't wait to read all the post here. Love the pictures. Lot's of good encouraging support here.:coffee::coffee:

dangerouscurvesahead
04-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Welcome SNOWTOPPER jump on in and enjoy the ride lol! Your gonna love it here!

munchey
04-12-2013, 10:58 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/FOOD/tommy_tomato_salsa_md_wht.gif

DANGEROUS:
I'm confident that one-der-land will hold for you and that you will still be there on Sunday!

Here is a link to the Popchips website. You can order a case online. I recently found the popped tortilla chips at Costco. I've, also, found them at various supermarkets. The barbecue'd pop potato chips can be addictive. The best way to deal with them if you buy a large bag is to divide it up into serving size bags.

I learned something from a lady at Sam's Club recently. She said that you can freeze chips and they won't go stale. I tried it when I recently purchased a large bag of popped tortilla chips and it does work. Sometimes, I've found when I get a large bag and do the right thing and only consume small portions, that the chips go stale. Freezing serving sized bags worked out great and I'll continue doing it.

munchey
04-12-2013, 11:03 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/WELCOME/welcome-signboard-smiley-emoticon.gif

SNOWTOPPER:
Welcome! Glad you checked into camp!

We can all do this!

Munchey

munchey
04-12-2013, 11:14 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/DAYS%20OF%20WEEK/Friday-3-1.gif

HI EVERYONE!
It may be Friday, but no lounging for us!

Let's take on the day and the weekend!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Good evening ladies-
Got all my housework and laundry caught up! Got a 3 mile walk in and healthy meals and snacks all day! My lil darlins are gone for the weekend to their friends homes so i intend on getting alot of quality ME time in this weekend with lots of walking enjoying the outdoors, working in my yard, may even hit goodwill and some yard sales for some summer outfits. And ill keep a basket of fruit in the car and a jug of water to keep me focused. Have a great evening yall!

amandie
04-13-2013, 12:03 AM
:welcome:, SnowTopper!!

Way to go, Joy!!! :crossed: on you being in One-der-land come Sunday's WI!!!

Munchey- The pop chips I have seen before but never really thought about trying 'em and I went on their site and saw all the flavors- the sweet thai chili caught my eye, mmm! My Sam's Club does not carry them unfortunately but I will try it now that I've got a 1.00 off coupon for any bag and I think my store may be running a special on them right now.

I am still plugging away, working out and enjoying the weather (well, now it's cold, haha!!) I have worked out Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday with the elliptical trainers and Wednesday was lifting- man, that was horrible, LOL. I am still sore from the squats and I honestly don't think I had proper form for some of them. I think I may do the 30 Day Shred for a long while in place of lifting/strength training, this way I'll be more "prepared" when I go back to lifting.

Ok, so I think I may have figured out why I have not been losing for a while now. As some of you know, I am on Weight Watchers (on my own with a free phone app, no meetings, e-tools nor online, etc) and apparently I was eating 2 points over my daily points allowance along with most of my weeklies. Oops!!! I forgot that your DPA changes as you lose and for some reason, the phone app did not reflect that going from 180 to 166! Grr. At least I figured it out NOW and can move forward because I was going a little crazy :dizzy: wondering why I wasn't losing when I thought I was doing everything right. I should see some losses happening in the next week or two now that I'm working out consistently.

Tomorrow if the weather permits, I am going to be planting some wild flowers and gladiolus bulbs in the front yard. One day, I want to have my own raised bed (organic) veggie garden but I have to first figure out the best spot in my backyard for it. I also went to Home Depot to look at paints and design ideas to spice up the walls/corners my make-up/vanity area. Thinking of doing a silhouette of a chandelier (http://misslissa.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/etsy_chandelier.jpg%3Fw%3D430%26h%3D434)and putting either octagon (http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/541366750/10x14mm-rectangle-Octagon-rhinestones-crystal-clear-color-14x10mm-octagon-fancy-stone-free-shipping.jpg) or round (http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture100/motif/product2-s.jpg)stick-on rhinestones on each end of the "beads" from the chandelier pic I linked to make it look like it's lit. I think for sure the silhouette will be in teal, my favorite color.

Okay, I've rambled on enough. Have a great evening, all!

dangerouscurvesahead
04-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Gmornin yall-
Scale 199.0 and TOM is 3-4 days away i can feel it comin ugh! Slept in a whole hour this a.m and it was nice. Its such a beautiful morning and the birds are singing and the wagles and hawks arehunting and screeching. The dogs are off for their morning run and swim in the spring that surrounds my hole in the woods. Well its shower time n then im off to a couple yard sales, goodwill n visit my baby sis at work and from there i dont know yet but it will involve outside lol! Have a great day and ill check back in this evening.

munchey
04-13-2013, 11:01 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/WORDS/DAYS%20OF%20WEEK/sat1.gif
Good morning campers! Hope everyone is ready to take on the weekend! Good luck with your weigh-ins tomorrow! I'm a procrastinator, so I'll be doing my taxes over the weekend, lol.

I'm a little anxious about facing the scale this week. My walking miles and activity have been off this week. My right knee started bothering me the day after I had an appt with the ortho doctor on Monday, so I'm going to have to get another appt.

Darn, it had felt better for a few days before the appt. I didn't want to ask for a cortisone shot if I didn't really need it. Frustrating, but I guess it is more encouragement for me to get the weight off. Take care of your knees everyone! It is easy to take them for granted.

AMANDIE:
The the sweet thai chili are too good! The health food market that I go to occasionally stocks this version. Some supermarkets stock the 3 oz back on some of the basic versions. You just need to find the market in your area. There is always the option to order online.

I'm glad you figured out the issue with the WW Points. If the new logic doesn't work, maybe you might try to alternate your calorie count/points during the week (pick a top number and pick a low and alternate between them during the week).

Wow! You have a lot of fun things planned. I'd say for the vegetable garden, find the area with the greatest amount of daylight and just go for it with planting something. Tomatoes, squash and cucumber are good starters

DANGEROUS:
I just know that you are going to hold onto one-der-land!

Hope you enjoy your "me day". Got to have some of those to preserve sanity. Your hole in the woods sounds wonderful. I love to observe wildlife and nature.

Snowtopper
04-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks all for the big Welcome! What a nice day I had today. Made this huge omelet for breakfast with egg beaters. I'm not a morning person so I take a shake for breakfast during the week and drink it at work. So it's always nice to just sit with a nice breakast and a cup of java and plan my day.
I stayed good all day too. Didn't do much excersise today like I wanted to. But I hauled 3 loads of wood up the stairs. I'll post my weight tomorrow with everyone. I'm up in weight since starting my journey but I'm going to post anyway.
amandie... I wish the sun would come out here and get a little warmer. I love working in my garden. I've started all my seeds though. Bought a little green house from Big Lots.

munchey: I hope you get some good results at the Dr. with your knee. It seems something always happens when we are trying to do so good and excersize.

dangerouscurvesahead
04-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Good evenin yall-
Forgot to mention this morning that i had an eye appt first before my day out. Had to get my 1st pr of bi-focals last year and my vision is starting to blur again and sure enuf my prescription had to be tweaked a bit so my new specs will be in next week sometime. Had lunch with my baby sister at subway and i did good, grilled chicken salad with lots of veggies and very little fat free dressing. Went to goodwill and found 3 cute little summer tops in a junior xl, so tickled about that as i was in a womens 2x when i started. Didnt find any shorts and didnt want to buy next size down from the 14 im wearing proudly cuz im so afraid of jinxing myself and getting over confident. Also a damn near brand new pr of Nike air force ones that are gray, silver and pink (to cute) and feel awesome. We recently redid our master bathroom and i found a towel holder the exact style i wanted too! I do sooooo love goodwill! Not to mention i take all my recyclables to them and the local church so other broke people can benefit like me lol! Now im headin out to take my 4 legged babies out for their evening walk and then ill probably come home rake a hot sgower and watch a good horror movie before bed. Yall have a great night!

amandie
04-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Joy- Your hole in the woods sounds really nice and similar to what my dad has, though it is just a pond, not a spring. I love visiting him and seeing the wildlife and nature all around in his secluded place. Ah, yard sales! I have only been to one since I moved here two years ago and most of them are not what I need (kids-related stuff usually), very different from Arizona although I gotta say I do have enough stuff already and am tight on space as it is anyway, lol.

Munchey- I am a procrastinator too and I finally did my taxes last night at like midnight, heh. Sorry to hear about your knee, please do take it easy until then.

Snowtopper- I love omelets especially if they are made with eggbeaters because that means lower cal/fat! :D I totally dislike hauling things upstairs, makes it feel more heavier than it truly feels! But good for you for getting some activity in! Curious, is this the little greenhouse (http://www.biglots.com/p/village-green-deluxe-walk-in-greenhouse) you bought? If so, I love it! I may get it but I am a bit worried/wondering how it will hold up with crazy strong winds we sometimes can get here. Maybe I can convince boyfriend and brother to build me one from scratch? Haha. I did not get a chance to work in the garden today. :( but it is supposed to be warmer tomorrow so I think I shall do that!

I have been busy all day cleaning and preparing hamburger buns from scratch for the first time today. While the flavor was good, the texture was a bit dense and they barely rose after leaving them alone for a couple of hours. I may have gotten skewed measurements since the original recipe was for 12 buns and I was only making 3 buns so I don't know. I also made baked beans from scratch for the first time (one can of plain beans, 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, 2-3 TBSP brown sugar, sauteed onions, 1 slice crumbled bacon and about 2 TBSP worth of beer) and baked fries with greek yogurt/milk/dry ranch seasoning for dipping to go with the hamburgers. All was delish! I will never buy canned baked beans again, I cannot believe how easy it was to make. Same could be said for the buns, although a bit higher calorie (200 per bun) but well worth it since there are no fillers or artificial stuff in them, I just have to figure out how to make them more light/fluffy instead of dense and heavy.

In a little while, I plan to get a workout in tonight to work off the couple beers I had today. :D

Wishing all of us luck on WI tomorrow! :goodscale

amandie
04-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Good evenin yall-
Forgot to mention this morning that i had an eye appt first before my day out. Had to get my 1st pr of bi-focals last year and my vision is starting to blur again and sure enuf my prescription had to be tweaked a bit so my new specs will be in next week sometime. Had lunch with my baby sister at subway and i did good, grilled chicken salad with lots of veggies and very little fat free dressing. Went to goodwill and found 3 cute little summer tops in a junior xl, so tickled about that as i was in a womens 2x when i started. Didnt find any shorts and didnt want to buy next size down from the 14 im wearing proudly cuz im so afraid of jinxing myself and getting over confident. Also a damn near brand new pr of Nike air force ones that are gray, silver and pink (to cute) and feel awesome. We recently redid our master bathroom and i found a towel holder the exact style i wanted too! I do sooooo love goodwill! Not to mention i take all my recyclables to them and the local church so other broke people can benefit like me lol! Now im headin out to take my 4 legged babies out for their evening walk and then ill probably come home rake a hot sgower and watch a good horror movie before bed. Yall have a great night!

Lucky you, we don't have a nice goodwill here, unfortunately most of them are junk and worn-down items. :( 14s?! WOW. That is awesome! Sometimes I do buy the next size down as mini-goals but I have to stop doing that with jeans- one does not fit me right (crotch, butt and thigh too baggy) when I get to zip them up without a muffin top. Can be easily fixed with a sewing machine though. Because of that, I prefer to buy shirts/dresses most of the time because I can get it taken in some when I lose. I hate buying new clothes and having them go to waste when you get too small for them, lol.

munchey
04-13-2013, 11:27 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/EMOTIONS/sad2.gif
Got to the park late today. My knee is still hurting, but I went anyway. Every trip to the park is a new adventure. I was laughing during the first part of my walk and then crying during the last part.

Blocking the walking path during the first part appeared to be a group of people that seemed to be rehearsing for a play (I hope that's what it was, lol) One guy was strutting his stuff and he was dressed as a half horse and half man and was walking around in circles while reciting something. Rather unexpected. I was laughing to myself about this.

Then, I observed two women (appeared to be mother and daughter) with their dog. When I first passed them, they had their dog on a blanket by the edge of the little lake. I could see their wagon nearby with a dog bed in it. When I reversed my course and came back by them again, I could see that their dog had a hard time walking (the dog bed in the wagon made sense to me now). I stopped to inquire, as my prior dog developed a neurological problem and lost the use of her back legs.

They told me that the dog was 16 years old and that they took him to the park for his "last day". They were spending the day with him, doing all his favorite things and end it with his favorite dinner. Tomorrow, they planned to euthanize him. They were holding up quite well, sharing these last loving moments with their dog. It brought me to tears. It reminded me too much of when I had to put my prior dog down.

An emotion packed walk. I almost cut the walk in half, but thought of the weigh-in tomorrow and pushed to make it full circle.

amandie
04-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Munchey- Tearing up a bit at the last part of your post. :( :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
04-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Gmornin yall-
197.2! I did it im officially back in Onederland! Now lets see if i can keep going in the right direction! This week i was back on track with exercise and calorie counting and i must admit it really felt/feels good!
Amandie- i cant use a sewing machine! Its really pitiful... my home ec teacher tried many times when i was in school and my mama has tried a few times over my adult life and they both gave me the same reply... Stay Away From Sewing Machines! Lol i can do buttons and minor repairs by hand but thats about it. Its weird cuz im so good with electronics of all types just not those blasted things! I wont buy smaller sizes now cuz ive done that and then got to cocky and slacked off and couldnt get into them and had to give them away. I love going to yard sales but i hate having them! I prefer to donate my stuff its easier lol,
We bought this place 14 yrs ago and i must admit that since then ive become very much a home body. I prefer staying home or just going to the beaches and parks and such. Its just where im most at ease.
Goals for 4/15-4/20...
Weight 195
Walk daily for at least 30 minutes
Add more jogging spurts
Stay on track with my cc.

shepherdgirl
04-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Okay, pretty good week for me, but I'm still in that 'honeymoon' phase of dieting where I'm still all pumped up and motivated. I know it's only going to get harder from here.

My report card for last weeks goals:
Weight: A+; My goal was to lose a minimum of 1.5 lbs, hopefully more due to water weight. And I lost *drumroll* 3.4 lbs! I know, most of that is water weight, but still pretty motivating for a first week. Now to keep it up!

Food: B; My goal was to average 1500 per day--it turned out to be around 1700 and it was a lot of fatty stuff like pizza and pasta. Although I'm at the mercy of the cafeteria, so I didn't have much choice (I absolutely refuse to eat stuff that I don't like, so sometimes pizza is my only option). I did awesome avoiding the dessert section though . . . and the ironic thing is that they put their fruit bowl by the desserts, so if I wanted fruit I had to walk right past the chocolate cake!

Exercise: B+; my goal was to walk to all my classes, take all the stairs and do an additional 3 days of 30 min walking. I got my 3 days in, took all the stairs and walked to most of my classes. One time it was raining (although I do have an umbrella) and another two times I was running late and had to drive to make it in time. I know, excuses excuses. ;)

shepherdgirl
04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
This weeks goals:
Food: stay within 1500 cal. range on average for the week, and continue to avoid all desserts. I'm working at Walmart this weekend and they always have cake and donuts in the break room (not to mention vending machines w/ candy bars), and those have been my downfall in the past.

Exercise: walk to all my classes (no excuses!), take all the stairs and walk 4 days per week @ 30 mins. per day (+1 day from last week)

Weight: lose 1.5 lbs, which will be harder this week since I can't rely on water weight

Monthly goal: be out of the 220's by the end of April

Snowtopper
04-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Good morning my wonderful Fat Camp Friends.
I'm not sure how you all do this but here goes.

1...I did my goal which was to go back to doing WW on my own. (met)

2...I managed to take off the weight I had put on since I went on my pity me binge.

I'm not sure where to start on my weight so today will be my start day.
Weight: 266 .... I did loose 3 pounds this week. So as you can see I really ate bad before. Lots of salt. All in all I'm pretty excited I got back down to near what I was before the binge.
My goal for next week is to log all my food into my WW App. and to loose 3 pounds. So that will make my weight 263.

dangerouscurvesahead... that's a great loss. Keep on doing what your doing.

amandie: I got the smaller greenhouse http://www.biglots.com/p/village-green-4-tier-large-greenhouse.......It's ok but I ripped it where the zipper is sewn on (duck tape) the all purpose fixer upper. But I'm thinking next year I have the framework and the zipper so I may get some plastic and do one myself. And we have heavy winds here. So I put a rope around it and attached to something sturdy. My friend had the one you showed me and it blew over and he lost all his newly seeds.:( ... It does work though. Gets real hot in there.

Munchey: I can relate to that story so well. When you have a pet that long they are a part of the family. So sad. :cry:

munchey
04-14-2013, 12:36 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/mightymuncher/MILITARY/1and5poundsfat-2.jpg
My actuals for 4-7-13 thru 4-14-13 are:
Current Weight: 220 (Just one pound, but I'll take it)
LOSS: 1 pound
MILES: Didn't count this week
DVDS: Did not meet -

WHAT WENT WELL:
I lost one pound and I'm noticing the total loss. I feel more comfortable in some outfits I have been wearing. My knee pain is serving to remind me that I must stay with this weight loss mission.

Pay better attention to my caloric intake. I didn't go on any big binges this week, but my portions in some cases were too large.

Knee pain has been disrupting my sleep for the last few days. I tried icing and then some topical product (don't seem to help me). Tried a heating pad last night without any success. Ended up taking a warm bath and that seamed to help. So, plan to take a nightly bath in epson salts until I can tame the pain. Will try some otc sleep aids as well.

Get in some exercise early in the morning, in addition to the knee PT exercises. Focus on alternatives to walking. Work on strategizing my computer/stock market time better

My goals for the week 4-14-13 thru 4-20-13 are:

Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 20 miles - knees permitting
Exercise Body Parts = DVD's - One 30 minute session 3 day a week or independent circuits