Ideal Protein Diet - wt gain in week 3 on IP

View Full Version : wt gain in week 3 on IP

sunshinedave
03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
What the heck?? I swear, no cheats since starting! Week one I lost 7 lbs, week 2, I lost 6 lbs, week 3 (I weighed today) I GAINED a pound and a half. I thought I was doing everything right! I know I am following the program just like I have been each week prior. Can't blame it on a period--I don't have them anymore:) This has been a heart-wrenching day...to know I have kept on track and yet gained weight...impossible! Any ideas, suggestions or words of encouragement are appreciated. :?:

Alma4343
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
You are doing great. You have lost a lot of weight in 3 weeks. Weight loss is rarely if ever linear. I gained in week 5. It seems a lot of folks have a gain around week 3, 4 or 5. If you are doing the plan, you are losing weight. Have you measured your inches lost. Are you near TOM, exercised more than usual, stressed, sick? Any of these things and just normal hormonal fluctuations can cause this. Just remember you are doing great. You will see a difference on the scale next week. Just remain calm ;)

ladylunk
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Could just be water retention. Have you been regular? I find I am up and down so much all the time and I think it has been luck that I have been down each time at weigh in. If I go at a different time of day I bet I would easily be up. If you have been on plan you did not gain fat. Just stick with it and I bet next week weigh hopefully will be a gooder.

SFNinerGirl
03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Try some smooth move tea and see if you can release some bowels that are not moving. Your intestines can hold up to 20 pounds of fecal matter and especially during a ketogenic when the Big C happens.

And how much water are you consuming every day? This also plays a role as well.

mphil66
03-12-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm exactly in the same boat, how frustrating :( Hang in there, next week will be a good one!!!

sunshinedave
03-12-2013, 09:50 PM
thanks all, for the comments. After 60 minutes of aqua class, I left my stress in the pool. Tomorrow is a new day!

scorbett1103
03-12-2013, 09:52 PM
thanks all, for the comments. After 60 minutes of aqua class, I left my stress in the pool. Tomorrow is a new day!

Did you just start up exercising this past week? That actually could explain the gain. Muscles retain water when they are recovering - the good news is that isn't real weight, so it will flush away! Make sure you are adding an extra packet right after exercise to replace the calories.

bubbleblower
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
What the heck?? I swear, no cheats since starting! Week one I lost 7 lbs, week 2, I lost 6 lbs, week 3 (I weighed today) I GAINED a pound and a half. I thought I was doing everything right! I know I am following the program just like I have been each week prior. Can't blame it on a period--I don't have them anymore:) This has been a heart-wrenching day...to know I have kept on track and yet gained weight...impossible! Any ideas, suggestions or words of encouragement are appreciated. :?:

I think you need to look at it in terms of your overall loss and not on a per week basis. You've lost over 11 pounds in 3 weeks. That's well over the average most here seem to lose on IP. Just as the others are saying that the 1.5 pounds in week 3 wasn't fat that you gained, I think that everyone also needs to realize that the big losses in weeks one and two aren't all fat either. They are about 50% water. This is why everyone's averages tend to even out over time.

You're not doing anything wrong. :) Keep up the great work!

mrskuby
03-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Hang in there...I've had good weeks, slow weeks and a slight gain one week...but if I look at the overall numbers I have lost over 2 lbs a week! Take a deep breath and stay OP...the scale will catch up! :)