Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/12/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/12/2013

lisa32989
03-12-2013, 07:33 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

heritagesoftail
03-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning, WI day for me today ! Snowing here again! Is it ever going to stop .......

Canadiandieter
03-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Good morning :)

Weigh in for me today too, hopping for the results I'm looking for. Good luck to you :)

ecmcnamee
03-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Morning :) Rainy and blah here today ... good luck to everyone weighing in!

Cheekyskeeter
03-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone! (I almost said happy Monday....I seemed to have lost a day somehow lol). Good luck on your WIs today! I hope the scale is good to you all.

I'm feeling very bloated and uncomfortable today but I'm not sure why. I have been 100% OP since starting and haven't been eating any foods that I haven't been having since the beginning. I started feeling a bit 'funky' last night. I don't think I'm getting sick....just feel weird. I know it's not my TOM as I had a full hysterectomy 3 years ago so I don't go through that any more. Oh and everything else seems to be 'moving' along just fine too. Very strange feeling. I have been suffering with severe back issues for the last couple of weeks but have been going for chiro and acupuncture every week and today my back feels almost normal. It's very odd

Mother of the Groom
03-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Good morning everyone! I started out my day trying maple oatmeal biscuits. Topped them with wf blueberry, a great start to the day.

Good luck on the WI's today.

Happy belated 50th Lisa, I hope you had a fantastic day!

billbrown72
03-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Good morning, started day with fine herb omelet with peppers...good luck everybody on WI..my wife called me this morning in a good mood,last week she lost 3 pounds/2inches...since our first wi last Friday she's lost 4 more pounds...it's gonna be a good week for both of us...I've lost 5 since fridy

Debrasb
03-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi all. Working hard to stay focused and OP today. I'm just exhausted--my toddler hasn't been sleeping well. I'm really seeing that being so tired is making me hungry!

Donna Gel
03-12-2013, 11:00 AM
WI for me as well.

lisa32989
03-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Happy belated 50th Lisa, I hope you had a fantastic day!
Thanks so much
I had a great weekend. Yesterday was actually a travel day but we had a great dinner when we arrived back in town. I splurged on some duck (didn't add my usual oils to other food). Just a small appetizer that we shared. It sure was yummy! Then had smoked meats on a bed of romaine.

I'm feeling very bloated and uncomfortable today but I'm not sure why. I have been 100% OP since starting and haven't been eating any foods that I haven't been having since the beginning. I started feeling a bit 'funky' last night. I don't think I'm getting sick....just feel weird. I know it's not my TOM as I had a full hysterectomy 3 years ago so I don't go through that any more. Oh and everything else seems to be 'moving' along just fine too. Very strange feeling.
If not TOM-caused, Sugar alcohols can cause that feeling. Any ingredients in bars ending in -tol? (Malitol, erythitol, etc)
I started using enzymes to help digestion. First from IP and now just Whole Foods brand.
Hi all. Working hard to stay focused and OP today. I'm just exhausted--my toddler hasn't been sleeping well. I'm really seeing that being so tired is making me hungry!
Sleep deprivation gets to me every time! I've seen many people say on here: if hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution. So tiredness is the problem. Any chance you can sneak a quick nap?

Cheekyskeeter
03-12-2013, 11:33 AM
If not TOM-caused, Sugar alcohols can cause that feeling. Any ingredients in bars ending in -tol? (Malitol, erythitol, etc)
I started using enzymes to help digestion. First from IP and now just Whole Foods brand.

Sleep deprivation gets to me every time! I've seen many people say on here: if hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution. So tiredness is the problem. Any chance you can sneak a quick nap?

I do take the IP enzymes, Omega III and anti-oxy along with the vitamins, supplements etc. You're probably right it's the sleep deprivation getting to me. I will try and have a nap when I get home from work. I've been feeling so good (except for my back) since starting IP so I can't complain....much lol.

workingit50
03-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Had my WI yesterday, lost 3 lbs. Yay! Is it standard to measure during WI? Fourth week, no measurements taken since first visit.

Happy with success, but it takes a daily commitment and long-term vision that this is my world for many more months.

Alaskagirl92128
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
3rd week weigh in today for me. Chilly -8 outside, can't wait for summer!

clarksgirl
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
I think every clinic is different, my clinic measures me every other week.

Had my WI yesterday, lost 3 lbs. Yay! Is it standard to measure during WI? Fourth week, no measurements taken since first visit.

Happy with success, but it takes a daily commitment and long-term vision that this is my world for many more months.

DannaA
03-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Is there such a thing as eating too much protien? I know someone gave the range for carbs in phase 1.. but is there also a range for protien?

I think i had a little extra yesterday... according to myfitnesspal anyway... but yesterday i was hungry all day... i didnt have anything bad.. but my hubby did make me edamame last night and i ate it all cause i was so hungry.

I have weigh in tomorrow.. and im going to get my meaurements done too as i think the numbers are going to be amazing to me!

Happy Tuesday everyone :) and good luck to all the weigh-ins today!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Is there such a thing as eating too much protien? I know someone gave the range for carbs in phase 1.. but is there also a range for protien?

I think i had a little extra yesterday... according to myfitnesspal anyway... but yesterday i was hungry all day... i didnt have anything bad.. but my hubby did make me edamame last night and i ate it all cause i was so hungry.

Yes, but if you're following Phase 1 you don't have to worry about having too much protein. Between your 3 packets and 8 oz (measured raw) animal protein, you are fine.

Remember, edamame is not allowed. I prep veggies for the week so if i'm starving there is always something I can grab that's allowed!

ladylunk
03-12-2013, 12:21 PM

I have weigh in tomorrow.. and im going to get my meaurements done too as i think the numbers are going to be amazing to me!

Not sure on the protein, someone else will probably chime in on that. I am pretty sure no edamame allowed on phase 1. I hope I am wrong as would love to be munching on those. So please someone else Answer too and let's hope I am wrong. My clinic measures every week. Funny how they are all so different.

Cheekyskeeter
03-12-2013, 12:22 PM
My clinic measures every other week. I too thought edamame was not allowed

ladylunk
03-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Darn I wasn't wrong on edamame.

MntRose
03-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Congratulations on all the great WI's today and yesterday!

Alright WI today and down another 2.5 pounds! So happy with this diet and how my body is feeling.

Just a side note about my coach though, she actually asked if I had really slipped up and cheated last week, as that high hydration reading I guess is still bothering her. <sad face> Oh well that reading was down to three something today.

M35A2
03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
I think i had a little extra yesterday... according to myfitnesspal anyway... !

There are some wide variations on the same things in myfitnesspal so be careful putting too emphasis on exactly what it says. I got a difference between 4 and 8 carbs on a cup of brocolli from 3 different days/times.

leannekarella
03-12-2013, 12:48 PM

Following IP exactly I according to MFP, I get between 98-130 g of protein a day. (I have a couple extra ounces sometimes because of diabetes sugar lows)
The doctor said it should be 1/2 g per 1lb of weight. Seems about right to me.

Happy Tuesday everyone! Off to the chiropractor, lunch with hubby, and a matinee with the family. :D

DannaA
03-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Can someone explain why boiled edamame is bad? I am looking at the nutrition facts on the bag... and it is 120 cal, 5g fat, 7 g carb, 4 g fibre, 1 g sugar, 11 g protien per 1/2 cup serving.

Isnt edamame soyabeans.. and isnt soya on the list of allowed veggies??

A follow up to fitnesspal... is there a way to tell it we are doing Ideal protien? im getting tired of seeing it tell me im not eating enough calories for my weight.. i know im not...

IdealProteinNewbie
03-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Can someone explain why boiled edamame is bad? I am looking at the nutrition facts on the bag... and it is 120 cal, 5g fat, 7 g carb, 4 g fibre, 1 g sugar, 11 g protien per 1/2 cup serving.

A follow up to fitnesspal... is there a way to tell it we are doing Ideal protien? im getting tired of seeing it tell me im not eating enough calories for my weight.. i know im not...

All I know is it's not on the sheet, so it's not allowed. I wish it was, I like it too.

Soy is listed under condiments as in soy sauce.

Not sure about myfitnesspal, mine also says I'm not eating enough calories...I just ignore it for now!

ragdoll74
03-12-2013, 01:13 PM

Soya is not on the list of allowed veggies.

lisa32989
03-12-2013, 01:16 PM

You can readjust all kinds of things on MFP on the computer (not in mobile apps). I have re-set mine for cals/carbs/fats so it is closer to IP max

Re edamame
Simple answer: It isn't on the select veggie list. Just follow the sheet.
More complicated: If you ate enough to get the protein requirement for a "meat meal" you'd be WAY over on carbs, b/c the meats typically don't have carbs.
There are also other scientific parts of this diet besides cals/fat/carbs, such as the correct acid/alkaline balance.
If you have questions, ask your coach who can get an explanation from IP

funstaffordmom
03-12-2013, 01:20 PM
NSV for me today. I think I'm officially out of size 14 trousers. Granted I think Ann Taylor runs big, but the size 14's I'm wearing today are definately too big. I am REALLY excited for my 2nd WI this Saturday :)

scorbett1103
03-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Soya beans are not listed anywhere on the Phase 1 sheet. Beans in general are considered a carb, not a vegetable, and we are not allowed to have carb foods while on IP.

Using soy sauce as a condiment is NOT the same thing as eating soybeans.

RE: too much protein. For a healthy person with a normally functioning liver, you can't really have too much protein - or at least, the quantities that you would have to eat to really cause a problem are way off the plantation. If you have liver issues, stones, calcificatons...that's a different story and you do need to watch your intake. But otherwise, just follow the sheet, and know if you have an extra ounce or two of protein here and there it's not going to derail you.

tbone39
03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
You can readjust all kinds of things on MFP on the computer (not in mobile apps). I have re-set mine for cals/carbs/fats so it is closer to IP max ...

What values have you entered in MFP.

I have mine set to the following:
Calories - 900
Carbs: 15% (34g)
Protein: 50% (113g)
Fat: 35% (35g)

crazynette826
03-12-2013, 02:13 PM
WI today, down 2.4! I was hoping for more, but I will take every pound I get!! Measurements were all down though. So that was awesome! My coach does measurements every week. It is interesting to me how different each coach does things. I'm still excited that this diet is working, and even more excited that the weather is improving! It's gorgeous here today! Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

De11s
03-12-2013, 02:33 PM
WI tomorrow after work praying for that 30lb lost mark, just missed it by .4 last week also hoping to see the 140's... What an amazing journey this has been, and all of you make it much easier. Thank you all for all you do

De11s
03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
WI today, down 2.4! I was hoping for more, but I will take every pound I get!! Measurements were all down though. So that was awesome! My coach does measurements every week. It is interesting to me how different each coach does things. I'm still excited that this diet is working, and even more excited that the weather is improving! It's gorgeous here today! Happy Tuesday everyone!!!
Congratulations:bravo: My coach measures weekly also, and they print out a chart of my progress each week. Then I go home and enter it into my own chart on my computer at home. We got a few inches of very wet snow last night here in NE Colorado, finally, we need the moisture. It is all melting now, we are supposed to hit 70 degrees here by Friday.

heritagesoftail
03-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Well a little gain this week at .4 so not to bad considering I have had company since Thursday and have been eating out all week. Two more days and back to normal .
Enjoy your day all !

SylviesGirl
03-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Well a little gain this week at .4 so not to bad considering I have had company since Thursday and have been eating out all week. Two more days and back to normal .
Enjoy your day all !

I really admire your perspective and good attitude. Well done.

WI for me tomorrow. I've got a good feeling! ;)

NSV for me yesterday . . . had a big fight with DH and normally I would overeat in response. Yesterday, it didn't even occur to me. Yay! Still OP!

countrychic
03-12-2013, 03:32 PM
WI for me today....only 1.4lbs, though I figured it wasn't much since I lost a whopping 7lbs last week :)

Still waiting on measurements....hopefully next week...this week was a bit rushed, so I understand skipping it.

But all my numbers on the computer scanner thing (can't remember what it's called) are good...lean mass is staying put (had a bit of a problem with that when I first started), hydaration is well into the ++'s, and BMI and Body Fat keep going down :) So all in all, I'm a happy girl.

Today, I picked Cereal, Oatmeal and Choc. drink mix. Had the oatmeal for lunch....yummy! I love oatmeal, so I was pleasntly surprised at how good it tastes. Just finished the drink, heated it up....very yum! Like hot choc. without the marshmellows....might try and get some WF marshmellow stuff to try with it.

Anywho, congrats on everyone's WI's!

RareBird
03-12-2013, 03:33 PM
NSV for me yesterday . . . had a big fight with DH and normally I would overeat in response. Yesterday, it didn't even occur to me. Yay! Still OP!

That's an amazing NSV SylviesGirl. I hadn't thought about it until you posted, but I've been dealing with life's minor (sometimes not so minor, lol) crises and when I would normally order a pizza, I haven't even thought about cheating! I know it's ketosis, but I sure hope it lasts long enough to retrain my brain to not turn to food to soothe me when I'm done with IP... I've always know mentally what I was doing, and I would always say to myself "Just this time..." but of course, it never was just this time...

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!

fitandfabfrog
03-12-2013, 03:35 PM
All these posts about WI are making me even more anxious for my first one to come :)....I sure hope I can pull good numbers like you guys. I have been totally OP since I started so I am excited/anxious/nervous!

SylviesGirl
03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
That's an amazing NSV SylviesGirl. I hadn't thought about it until you posted, but I've been dealing with life's minor (sometimes not so minor, lol) crises and when I would normally order a pizza, I haven't even thought about cheating! I know it's ketosis, but I sure hope it lasts long enough to retrain my brain to not turn to food to soothe me when I'm done with IP... I've always know mentally what I was doing, and I would always say to myself "Just this time..." but of course, it never was just this time...

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!

Rarebird, you hit the nail on the head. . . that "just this time" mentality is what has kept my weight around 250# for years.

I have to say, your avatar makes me smile. Such a beautiful bird -- and a pigeon! I love pigeons myself . . . I have two . . . though, I should say, they have me as I am a slave to their every wish . . . I love them! Do you have pigeons/birds?

Donna Gel
03-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Frustrated. Just had a weight in and according to the scale at the clinic I only lost 8 lbs in three weeks and very few inches. :( I have been OP the entire time!! It took awhile for me to figure out how to get all the protein because I don't care for meat and drinking all the water is not always easy.

According to my scale I have lost 15lbs and as for the way my clothes are fitting I am inclined to go by my scale. I no longer have to wear an extender on my bra. I am wearing a shirt, buttoned up, that I haven't been able to wear in ages. I am wearing jeans a whole size smaller than what I wore 3 weeks ago.

Frustrated!!

ginettepv
03-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Frustrated. Just had a weight in and according to the scale at the clinic I only lost 8 lbs in three weeks and very few inches. :( I have been OP the entire time!! It took awhile for me to figure out how to get all the protein because I don't care for meat and drinking all the water is not always easy.

According to my scale I have lost 15lbs and as for the way my clothes are fitting I am inclined to go by my scale. I no longer have to wear an extender on my bra. I am wearing a shirt, buttoned up, that I haven't been able to wear in ages. I am wearing jeans a whole size smaller than what I wore 3 weeks ago.

Frustrated!!

8 lbs in three weeks is amazing. A great week for me is 2 lbs. I have weeks with 0 pounds. Feel great about that weight loss. It's a success! I'd be thrilled. It's all about reframing your thoughts. I had the same feelings at the beginning. It does get better.

scorbett1103
03-12-2013, 04:37 PM

Frustrated!!

Rule #1 - "Only" is a four letter word around here :)

So let's put this into perspective.

IP should have you losing about 2-3lbs per week. You lost 8lbs in 3 weeks. That is 2.67lbs per week - on the high end of average. Whether that happens all at once, or spread out evenly over the 3 weeks, doesn't matter. Weight loss is not linear or consistent.

Your inches have changed - which is not only evident on the tape measure but also in the way your clothes are fitting. Don't forget that fat loss happens over our WHOLE bodies, not just the areas that get measured. Face, neck, arms, waist, belly, legs, calves, even FEET lose weight. It adds up.

You have nothing to be frustrated about, and everything to be proud of!

ginettepv
03-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Rule #1 - "Only" is a four letter word around here :)

So let's put this into perspective.

IP should have you losing about 2-3lbs per week. You lost 8lbs in 3 weeks. That is 2.67lbs per week - on the high end of average. Whether that happens all at once, or spread out evenly over the 3 weeks, doesn't matter. Weight loss is not linear or consistent.

Your inches have changed - which is not only evident on the tape measure but also in the way your clothes are fitting. Don't forget that fat loss happens over our WHOLE bodies, not just the areas that get measured. Face, neck, arms, waist, belly, legs, calves, even FEET lose weight. It adds up.

You have nothing to be frustrated about, and everything to be proud of!

I'd like to thank you scorbett. Your answers are always so bang on and so uplifting rather than critical like some others. You have such a way of explaining things correctly, and so clearly, lifting one's spirits and putting things in perspective.

I look forward to your answers and your encouragement. I go back and read many of your replies.

Thanks for helping so many of us in this sometimes difficult road to a better healthier life. You are making it so much easier. Hats off!:hug::hug::hug:

De11s
03-12-2013, 04:55 PM
I'd like to thank you scorbett. Your answers are always so bang on and so uplifting rather than critical like some others. You have such a way of explaining things correctly, and so clearly, lifting one's spirits and putting things in perspective.

I look forward to your answers and your encouragement. I go back and read many of your replies.

Thanks for helping so many of us in this sometimes difficult road to a better healthier life. You are making it so much easier. Hats off!:hug::hug::hug:

I agree! Thank you Scorbett for keeping it all in perspective. :-)

fitandfabfrog
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Frustrated!!

WOw girl! That is something to be proud of! I will be wonderfully ecstatic if I release 8 pounds in 3 weeks! I have tried for YEARS to lose weight so if this actually helps me succeed it will be a miracle!

Rock that button up shirt and whole size smaller pants girl!! WAY TO GO!!;)

scorbett1103
03-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys :)

LizJazz
03-12-2013, 05:38 PM
WI tomorrow after work praying for that 30lb lost mark, just missed it by .4 last week also hoping to see the 140's... What an amazing journey this has been, and all of you make it much easier. Thank you all for all you do

Good luck!!!

NinjaNurse
03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone! (I almost said happy Monday....I seemed to have lost a day somehow lol). Good luck on your WIs today! I hope the scale is good to you all.

I'm feeling very bloated and uncomfortable today but I'm not sure why. I have been 100% OP since starting and haven't been eating any foods that I haven't been having since the beginning. I started feeling a bit 'funky' last night. I don't think I'm getting sick....just feel weird. I know it's not my TOM as I had a full hysterectomy 3 years ago so I don't go through that any more. Oh and everything else seems to be 'moving' along just fine too. Very strange feeling. I have been suffering with severe back issues for the last couple of weeks but have been going for chiro and acupuncture every week and today my back feels almost normal. It's very odd

Maybe a UTI?? I know as an RN I am always holding it in. I NEVER get Uti's and got one since I have been on IP. All this water and it's gotta GO GO GO!!

There are some wide variations on the same things in myfitnesspal so be careful putting too emphasis on exactly what it says. I got a difference between 4 and 8 carbs on a cup of brocolli from 3 different days/times.

I use MFP as a way to be accountable and as a rough estimate. I take almost everything on there with a grain of salt.

I have been clothes shopping because things are falling off me. Well now that I have a lot more choices, I can see why even more than ever, why women have self esteem and poor body image issues. I currently run from 14-16 top, 16-18 bottom. EVERY SINGLE brand and store runs differently. I was thrilled I got an adorable dress a size 16 (that I fit in now) at Dress Barn, still a 1x in coats, 18's tight somewhere else.
I went home exhausted and defeated after I bought that dress and continued shopping.

Scorbett is convincing me to get the dress a size smaller since it's for the Summer, but I am nervous to do it.

ladylunk
03-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I really admire your perspective and good attitude. Well done.

WI for me tomorrow. I've got a good feeling! ;)

Thats a great NSV. I am definately a stress eater as well. Actually I am also a celebration eater and a bored eater. So pretty much anything. But you did really well. Habits do change that is for sure. I used to always sit on the phone with my mom (long distance) and we would both be having a glass of wine during our long chat. I go to the herbal tea for those conversations now....

lisa32989
03-12-2013, 06:40 PM
What values have you entered in MFP.

I have mine set to the following:
Calories - 900
Carbs: 15% (34g)
Protein: 50% (113g)
Fat: 35% (35g)
I input 1000 cals (max, I'm almost always under...should probly change to 900)
Based on info from my coach, I did 50 carbs, 33 fat, 125 protein.
Of course, fiber (which I also track) will reduce total carbs to under 40

Scorbett is convincing me to get the dress a size smaller since it's for the Summer, but I am nervous to do it.
I need one for May & I'm afraid to buy right now. I bought some clothes in Dec that were too big by late Jan.

NinjaNurse
03-12-2013, 07:08 PM
I need one for May & I'm afraid to buy right now. I bought some clothes in Dec that were too big by late Jan.[/QUOTE]

OK, maybe I will do it. I just can't wrap my head around being in a smaller size. I haven't been that small since I was probably a kid.

pinkeetoz
03-12-2013, 07:20 PM
I am on day 8 and it's getting easier for me. I usually do not get hungry until it is a few minutes before my next meal. I am drinking between 64 and 80 oz of water a day.

The BBBIIIGG thing for me and my biggest accomplishment so far is that I have not had a diet coke since beginning IP. Instead of having tea in the morning I have it late afternoon to keep me going.

Today is the day I said I would weigh in but I think I have decided not to. I am afraid that if I weigh and like what I see I might allow myself to start cheating.

It's all good. May weigh next week..or maybe not. We will see.

To Donna, be happy that you are wearing a size smaller in jeans. THAT IS PROGRESS!!! Good for you!

bellasamimom
03-12-2013, 07:36 PM
WI today I am down 3lbs and I am in onederland!!! I am happy with that since my TOM started today only 3 weeks late...

Nice job everyone today on WI's!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

I bought my first reward. Thanks scorbett for the great idea of the Alex and Ani bracelets :) I bought the compass as my first one.

brianne12
03-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi everybody!! I'm new to IP and am going out for sushi tomorrow. I plan to eat sashimi for my protein, salad (with WF dressing), and I was hoping clear soup. Does anyone know if clear soup is allowed? I know miso soup isn't. Any other suggestions?? I'd appreciate it!
--Brianne

Mother of the Groom
03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
WI today I am down 3lbs and I am in onederland!!! I am happy with that since my TOM started today only 3 weeks late...

I bought my first reward. Thanks scorbett for the great idea of the Alex and Ani bracelets :) I bought the compass as my first one.

:bravo: well done congrats!

fitandfabfrog
03-12-2013, 08:39 PM

:cp::cp::cp:

RareBird
03-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Rarebird, you hit the nail on the head. . . that "just this time" mentality is what has kept my weight around 250# for years.

I have to say, your avatar makes me smile. Such a beautiful bird -- and a pigeon! I love pigeons myself . . . I have two . . . though, I should say, they have me as I am a slave to their every wish . . . I love them! Do you have pigeons/birds?

I actually have cats, lol... but I've had a cockatiel, parakeets and finches in the past, and my dad raised pigeons when I was a kid. The RareBird is something I've used in my email address for awhile... bird being used interchangeably with woman... and telling you that might give away how old I am! As far as the avatar, I don't have a way to upload a picture of myself right now, so I just found a bird I liked to go with my name!

DRegan
03-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi all,
2nd WI today down 1.5, TOM so im thrilled i lost!!
4 & 1/2 total.. and feeling great!
going in the right direction!
Also greatful my 17yo daughter landed a summer job today,
so happy for her! Boy did it pour buckets today, time to relax! Have a nice night all!
and congrats to losses! Keep it up!

De11s
03-12-2013, 09:50 PM

Congratulations! The compass should help remind you to stay pointed in the right direction.:congrat::high:

TNmom
03-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Coke zero is the spawn of satan........ that is all.

countrychic
03-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Coke zero is the spawn of satan........ that is all.

lolololol

TNmom, thanks for the laugh! I've never had coke zero, so I couldn't say myself....not much of a pop drinker myself, except for the occasional root beer, or a rye and pepsi ;), but I know lots of people who are addicted to the stuff.

TNmom
03-12-2013, 10:35 PM
CountryChic: OMG that is the problem! I was suppose to be weaning off this week from my addiction to them........uhhh I sucked big time at it. I told myself I was going to have one every other day but it didn't happen. Had to get up at the crack of dawn, was tired & needed caffeine. It doesn't help that it tastes like real coke (not diet stuff). UUUGGGH! Here's to fighting the good fight tomorrow.

leannekarella
03-12-2013, 11:17 PM
I need one for May & I'm afraid to buy right now. I bought some clothes in Dec that were too big by late Jan.

OK, maybe I will do it. I just can't wrap my head around being in a smaller size. I haven't been that small since I was probably a kid.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same dilemma. I have a wedding to attend mid-may, but I can't bring myself to "guess" at a size. I think I've decided to just treat myself to trip to Lane Bryant the week before the wedding and get something nice. Small reward. (still too big for nice clothes at a "normal" store but getting close!)

leannekarella
03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Hi everybody!! I'm new to IP and am going out for sushi tomorrow. I plan to eat sashimi for my protein, salad (with WF dressing), and I was hoping clear soup. Does anyone know if clear soup is allowed? I know miso soup isn't. Any other suggestions?? I'd appreciate it!
--Brianne

I don't want to get yelled at here, but I've had miso soup on the diet, and it hasn't hurt. One small Japanese type bowl is about 40 calories, under 2g fat, and 3 carbs. (at least what I ate was) I have some instant I eat at home that's even lower than that.

Clear broth should be fine, as long as it's low fat, which I'm fairly certain most Japanese places (at least around here) use low fat broth.

AnnaBoBanna
03-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Oh man,I am loving these quest bars! My orderhasn't been delivered yet so I've been buying y them at the store, so good! Delicious and I'm eating the ones that would count as unrestricted. They are filling, and don't trigger sweet cravings for me like other bars. So happy I have them!

brianne12
03-13-2013, 01:26 AM
I don't want to get yelled at here, but I've had miso soup on the diet, and it hasn't hurt. One small Japanese type bowl is about 40 calories, under 2g fat, and 3 carbs. (at least what I ate was) I have some instant I eat at home that's even lower than that.

Clear broth should be fine, as long as it's low fat, which I'm fairly certain most Japanese places (at least around here) use low fat broth.

Thanks so much!!!

lovetorun3
03-13-2013, 06:29 AM

My clinic does measurements every other week. You'll be so excited when they do measure you ~ it's a great feeling to actually see the inches dropped!!!