Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Frozen Fiesta 2013 Chat Thread Week 10 (Mar 11/13 - Mar 17/13)

Here are the week 9 results

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Frozen Fiesta official weekly results here.

As a team we gained 2.1 lbs or 0.05%
While that was collective as a team- we did have some awesome losses!

Our Biggest Loser:
Elizabeth779 (-3.5 lbs, 1.26%)

Honourable Mentions: Dahlia55 (-1.0 lbs, 0.63%)

Changergirl (-1.1 lbs, 0.59%)

Kris2008 (-0.5 lbs, 0.3%)

Some of us struggled this past week. And it was quiet on the chat board too. Lets regroup, blame it on the time change , and charge ahead into week 10.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Congratulations Elizabeth for being our BL and also congrats to Dahlia, Changergirl, and Kris

I didn't lose anything this week, but I didn't gain either. I am not upset because I know that I have been eating well and exercising hard. I am feeling really good, so I am focusing on that and trying not to get discouraged by the scale.

ArmyGirl - I truly feel for you, as I remember how frustrated and upset I was when I injured my leg, (stress fracture). In fact it contributed to me gaining this weight as I comfort ate and didn't do any exercise. Stay strong and do what you can, but please give your leg time to heal. I sure wish I would have, but I was stubborn and ignored the pain and kept going until I did some serious damage to my leg. It's something I regret everyday! I hope your leg heals quickly

Evangeline - Plateaus are tough but you have a great attitude about it! I'm sure you'll break through it.

Mel - Hope you and your family enjoyed the

Riddy - How were your legs after the trainer session?

Elizabeth - Glad your laptop is working!

Let's have a great week

Last edited by Narnia99; 03-11-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #3  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Congrats Elizabeth, Dahlia, Changergirl, and Kris!

I really need my family to get and stay healthy! My daughter's feeling pretty much back to normal, but she shared her germs with her brother. He's NOT feeling better. He's had 3.5 days on antibiotics now, and he's still complaining of a sore throat, coughing, running a fever, not eating, and now with the added bonus of puking. As soon as they open, it's back to the Dr we go.

Last week's 0.4 loss was disappointing, but all things considered, I really can't complain. Between snow and sick kids, I ran 0 times. Plus I'm most definitely retaining water, which will go away in another 2-3 days.

I hope everyone's week is off to a better start than mine! I HAVE to find some time to run this week. I've got a 6k in 2 weeks and another half marathon in 4 weeks.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Everyone!

Yes, the laptop is better.....the HP laptop gremlin must have given up and left.....

Congrats to the winners this week (blushing)....and POINTING to Dahlia........hi gal....look at you.......why are you not CHATTING????? I know you're busy.........but......do a laptop drive by and say howdy!!! (Dahlia is my OLD (the friendship, not her) friend in real life, we shared an office together years ago and even though I left to do something different I still keep bugging her. )

Well, the good news is I am going to the gym. I kept whining I wanted to go, and my 22 year old athlete son and his dad ganged up on me to help me get started. Son said I have to go to gym 3 days a week or he will make my TV and internet connection not work

This started out as joking at first while we were out to dinner the other night, and then he recruited his dad, and suddenly the joke became reality....and my son is making me log in and log out at the gym with him by taking a pic at the gym at the time I arrive, and then send him the pic by text.....THEN he wants another pic sent to him of the clock when I leave to prove I was there an hour.....he said 3 times a week Sunday morning through Saturday at midnight, and if I don't go it's bye bye tv and internet.....he's a computer science major so he said he'll fix it where I can't fix it back....he's determined...and he just laughs at me when I try to negotiate out of this......so looks like I'm going to the gym.

I'm always happy once I get there...

Nikel -- sorry your kids are so sick and that its snowy and you cant get your run......poor baby, hang in there. You've got a problem gal with getting prepared for those runs/marathons.....do you have a treadmill somewhere you can borrow or maybe get to a friend's house to help prepare....I admire anyone for running though.....my motto is "Only run when being chased by a lion."

Mel -- thank you for your leadership, your posting, and your rounding us up to keep on keeping on! Maybe it will start warming up a little and that will spur us on.

Naria -- Good for you for not getting discouraged by the number on that flat little machine.....by focusing on your eating and exercise, you're healthier and more fit, and FAT is being burned up, sometimes it just takes a while for that flat little machine to catch up.

Army Girl -- concerned about you and your leg....what's the update?

Evangaline -- hang in there on the plateau...I just got off one myself, and you'll have a good loss when you do, just keep doing all the right stuff for your body and your attitude.

Riddy........how you doing gal? Are you regrouping?

EVERYONE else.............I"M SHOUTING TO YOU TO REMIND YOU WE WANT TO HERE FROM YOU!!!!!!

REPORT IN TO YOUR TEAM!!! (in my best drill sargeant gecko voice).

Okay everyone let's have a good week, and let's remember to drink our water!

RED TEAM

Last edited by Elizabeth779; 03-12-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/*/150

Congratulations Winners!

I was quiet last week and didn't weigh in because I just needed a wee break.

I'm juicing up this week and hopefully, with the lighter days, I'll be able to get out and work out more.

I'm ready for sunshine and springtime!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #6  

Hi Gang-
Tuesday & I 've hit the ground running.
Loads to do (when isn't there?)at least when I stay busy, it keeps me out of trouble food wise. Until all the activity ends and then I say, we'll I did this, this & this so I 'deserve' a treat. Bad habits die hard

I'm on my phone while walking on campus so I'll do personals later.

Drink your water & have a great on plan day
Old 03-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hang in there red team!!! kudos for those doing such a good job at losing. i didn't lose or gain last week, right now i am in a 6 month maintenance mode so it was a good week for me.

being back at the gym feels good!!

everyone stay strong and let's do this!!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #8  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

CanadaMel~ How was the rest of your day?

Elizabeth779~ I'm laughing my butt off right now about your son and hubby ganging up on you! Definitely creative on their part!

PaulaH~ So-so ready for Sping!

Nikel1979~ I hope your family feels better soon!

Narnia99~ Great attitude on not focusing on the scale!

rainbowsmiles~

I need to apologize for being MIA over the past few days. I had a complete fall apart at the end of the week as I am under SUPER stress right now. I have a 20 page paper due Friday, two papers and a quiz that were due this past Sunday (online classes) with two more papers due this Sunday plus the yearbooks are due next week. AHHHH!

I've had a much better week so far, but I am still feeling some super pressure so I may not be able to log on to here as much. I can't wait for the next couple weeks to be OVER so I can get past these deadlines... but I still have to do the work...

On a completely unrelated note... I have minestrone soup cooking in the crockpot right now as tomorrow is our Wellness Soup Day at school and it is my turn to provide... Just over 80 calories/cup and AMAZING!

Going to attempt to sleep now... need to shut my brain off for that to happen though...
Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #9  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

F*€%!!!!!!! Just lost my post!

On my way to work - 6th 10.5 hour day on a row. Catch you all later.

Congrats Elizabeth and the other losers!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #10  

Hi team-
Wednesday is nearly done. Just finished our school
Council meeting early hooray. Only to change clothes and head
Straight out to walk the dog. Dh twisted his ankle on Monday & is
Severely hobbled.
I can't complain though as we're in the upper 40s right now (feels like spring Paula H)!later tonight the weather will turn and we'll be back in
Full on winter (temps in the mid teens) blech.

Kim- hang in there! You can do it. We had an anxiety seminar tonight, helping kids cope with anxiety: baby steps, breathing skills, rewarding themselves when they accomplish a task. Hey this sounds a lot like the skills we use for weightloss?!

Armygirl- how's the leg healing?

Icy section of dog path so I'll post this now so I don't lose my post like Riddy did

Nickel- how are the kids? Getting healthy again

EofAZ- hello- how goes the healthy challenge at work?

Narnia & Rainbow- maintenance is hard work as you tweak your body requirements and try to get that right BALANCE for life.

Elizabeth- how is the gym challenge going? Do you still have tv/cable?

Okay- off for a shower. Have a great night all!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 03-13-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

I'm hanging in there this week too. Yes, I did go to the gym on Monday, and I'm getting up in the late morning (Thursday) and go to gym, then will go on Saturday and that completes my 3 times this week so that means I'll have TV and internet next week too...Son says when I miss a week without 3 visits then the computer will be turned off for the following week, and only going 3 times for a week gets it back on.

Mel, I forget how cold it must be in canada....the thought of going to teens this time of year....wow....a lot of people out here (calif) already have their summer gardens planted, and I'm putting in plants this weekend. and you're right we could all stand to learn more how to effectively handle anxiety and stress....i really need that....

Riddy, KimL rAINbowsmiles, Paula, good to hear from you -- hang in there gals.

Well if I'm getting up in the morning to go to gym, I'd better zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nite all.....and don't forget to drink your water -- and that means ME>>>>I drank very little water today but did OD on diet drinks.....bad bad elizabeth!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #12  
Future Mrs.

S/C/G: 291.6 / ticker / 175

Height: 5'9

It seems that a stomach flu was just the jump started I needed to get losing again..lol
Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #13  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh, Jill, that SUCKS. Thanks, you just made me feel better about gaining last week.

I started the 3 day smoothie detox today, but modified. It had hardly any protein in it - only about 25 grams for the whole day, so I'm adding a couple scoops of protein powder each day. Plus today I saw the trainer, so I added a plain Greek yogurt too. This is still a big change from my current diet - I'm going to eat more fruit in the next 3 days than I've had in the last year! I'm not looking to lose any weight these 3 days, just make a big change and hopefully confuse my body so it will lose again. And if not, hey, I got to eat berries and bananas and pineapple for 3 days!

Elizabeth, well that's one way to make yourself go to the gym!

Kim, how did the soup go over at work? Turned out to be a soup day after all - weatherman said it would hit 40 here today. My car thermometer was in the 20's all day while I was running around. And windy - wow! I want spring, and I want it 2 weeks ago!

Nickel, hope the kiddos are feeling better. I hate missing workouts unplanned.

Mel, hope hubby's ankle heals quickly.

Armygirl, hang in there. best to let it heal up, as much as it kills you to back off on exercise.

Ok, off to take my detox bath!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #14  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Both kids will be back in school today. Finally. Cross your fingers for me that they make it all day. We're gonna have a quiet weekend, so hopefully we can get back to normal life next week.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #15  

Holy cow- how did it get to be Friday? Where did my week go?
Well I survived (so far) what was my **** week. Went smoother than I thought.
It helps that I bit the bullet and have a vacation coming up in early April. Something to look forward to.

The week has gone surprisingly well food wise- lots of snacks here & there so overall intake has been good.
I'm still doing the 6 pack March workouts from shrinkingjeans.net Twice a day. It is a situps/pushups/plank workout. Do pushups (regular- not modified) count as cardio because wow do they get my heart pumping!

Nickel- Hooray for normalcy in the near future! There is some stomach
bug going through the kids school. Hoping we don't get felled by it.

Riddy- how is your body handling the fruit? I've never done a detox before.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 03-15-2013 at 01:59 PM.