Ideal Protein Diet - Where is the weight coming off?

View Full Version : Where is the weight coming off?

freebird4
03-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Hello all!
Just wondering where everyone noticed the weight coming off first? I know everyone will be different, but im two weeks in with 8lbs gone and i havent really noticed a difference looking at my body, trying not to get discouraged, but I think it will help to hear some positive progress!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately we can't choose when and where the weight will be released, although that would be great.

For me...my legs and butt are thinning out way more than my waist which is why my pants look ridiculous.

I can't get into the next size down because they don't fit around my waist yet, so the legs and butt are SUPER baggy and I look like a toddler with a full diaper :(

But, I know my waist will eventually get the message!

scorbett1103
03-10-2013, 05:19 PM
For me, it came off my bust and waist first....then my hips....my thighs and arms were the last to get the message! I'd just take my 1/4 inches here and there in stride knowing eventually it would all even out.

Don't forget too that we lose weight in places that aren't even measured - my calves and across my bellybutton were definitely getting smaller even when my "official" measurements weren't changing. I even lost weight in my FEET!

kassi14
03-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I can usually tell in my stomach. For example, I was 140 and then I gained 2 pounds and I could definitely tell it was my stomach. Also, it's funny because even though I have lost 20 something pounds, I am still in the same size jeans, 10s and 12s!

FreeBird3
03-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Hello all!
Just wondering where everyone noticed the weight coming off first? I know everyone will be different, but im two weeks in with 8lbs gone and i havent really noticed a difference looking at my body, trying not to get discouraged, but I think it will help to hear some positive progress!

I just finished my first week with a 7lb weight loss and I also haven't really noticed a difference, but I'm going to continue on this plan and see where it goes. Good luck to you!

Btw...great screen name! ;)

IntheEvening
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM
I noticed my thighs and butt where the first to lose. Slowly my belly, arms and chest are losing.

Donna Gel
03-10-2013, 05:37 PM
I have noticed it in my waist and stomach. Just last night I noticed that my flabby stomach wasn't so pronounced anymore. My clothes are too big, but I haven't lost enough inches to fit into the next size of clothing in my closet.

Cheekyskeeter
03-10-2013, 06:44 PM
I noticed it first in my belly and hips

TheWanderer
03-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Rib cage, butt, thighs, and hips. I'm lovin' it!! I've lost about 15 lbs.

fitandfabfrog
03-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Great post! I cannot wait until I get to my first Weigh In. I am waiting until the appointment with my coach to actually do it! Can't wait to see where the inches start melting away!

MSDEEDEE23
03-10-2013, 07:51 PM
I actually lost where I didn't want to lose. My legs, they are already small, lol

Rachel3
03-10-2013, 07:57 PM
I noticed the inches coming of upper body and leg measurements went down. I am currently at 20 inches; in 6 weeks.

TrixieBesMonty
03-10-2013, 08:13 PM
I noticed in my face and neck area first and then my waist.

freebird4
03-10-2013, 08:20 PM
wow, its great to hear everyone is having great results! Im hoping it will come off my legs and thighs first (with my luck it probably wont) because thats the only part of my body that really bothers me, im on day 11, so hopefully i will see some changes soon!

maezy1
03-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Mine has come off all over. I stopped having them measure me because I never seemed like I was losing enough (for me) BUT I am down several sizes so I am happy.

BrittStar027
03-10-2013, 08:37 PM
First place (this time around on IP) has been my chest and stomach. First time on IP it came off my face and stomach, and my butt, hips/thighs, and chest were last. HOPING my thighs and butt start seeing the benefits soon!

funstaffordmom
03-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Back fat was first to go. Yet when I was first weighed (this last Sat) i lost 3" waist and 1" on arms.

itzconni3
03-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I noticed it first on my rib cage and chest then my stomach and butt

Just happy it is going :D

bubbleblower
03-10-2013, 09:55 PM
For me, it's been bust, belly, and butt. I don't own a single pair of pants anymore that I have to unbutton/unzip to get out of. :lol: I definitely need to try a different pants line since the legs fit okay but the waist/hips/butt is ridiculous. Likewise with tops, I wouldn't mind losing more around my arms, although I've lost some there also.

workingit50
03-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Great post because I too was wondering where it was coming from. My legs, hips, face for sure, not as much in my waist where I really want. My pants are fitting funny; some are getting too big in the seat, but waist is still good. I gladly take on this problem.

leahrb
03-11-2013, 12:14 AM
My first week I lost 15 1/4 inches... mostly from my upper body & my waist. My hips, which are my biggest *ahem* asset, had 0 inches lost.

If only we could choose where the inches came off. :) Still thrilled with my loss though, but just sayin' haha.

GreatLakes86
03-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm an apple shaped person and have lost fairly evenly, but not in the same week. One week I'll loose an inch of my thighs and and inch off my hips and the next week I'll loose from my ribs and waist. I'm definitely loosing a little faster from my lower half though, which I expected. Those darn tummy inches are going to be stubborn. I was surprised I've lost a whole inch off my neck...I didn't have a chubby neck to begin with!

jeffiner
03-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Face and chest first..now Im noticing my upper abdomen, above the belly button...my stomach will be the last to go

EllyElle
03-11-2013, 10:02 AM
My BOOBS!!! They're all gone. I started with a D and now I'm a B :(

evepet
03-11-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm an apple shaped person and have lost fairly evenly, but not in the same week. One week I'll loose an inch of my thighs and and inch off my hips and the next week I'll loose from my ribs and waist. I'm definitely loosing a little faster from my lower half though, which I expected. Those darn tummy inches are going to be stubborn. I was surprised I've lost a whole inch off my neck...I didn't have a chubby neck to begin with!

I'm an apple too. And while I had some weight loss from my waist area earlier throughout the months, the bulk of the weight loss seemed to be more obvious elsewhere. My thighs for example imo seemed disproportionally slim before my mid-section caught up with the weight loss

Thankfully, over the last months things have evened out, my waist and mid-section finally caught up, and I'm looking quite 'balanced' these days. The surplus in my belly though was the very last to budge. :devil:

Canadiandieter
03-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I haven't had my measurements done yet (I weigh in today) but I think my stomach area is flatter. It still jiggles, but a little bit less than before..lol.

leannekarella
03-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I've had that lovely "apple" shape my whole life. I say more like weeble wobble with legs. ;)

I've lost a lot from my chest up. My face doesn't look like my own, but my double chin is finally almost gone! :D I've lost a couple of inches around the chest, a couple of inches in the biceps, but they are really flappy now...batwings! Hoping that sucks up and tightens eventually... And I've lost a couple of inches in the thigh.

Yes, I've lost some around the middle. I'm down a couple sizes in pants, but when I stare at myself in the mirror, I can't see that because I still have a considerable middle. Mostly I just wonder who that person is looking back at me because I swear it's not MY face in the mirror anymore. :mag:

Psycht
03-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I did not do measurements until after my first week doing IP (I am doing it at home using alternative products) and I seem to lose in the legs, waist, and chest the most.

Since January 9th these are the inches lost so you can see where at least I lost:

Waist - 6.25 inches
Hips - 5 inches
Chest - 6.5 inches
Thigh - 5 inches each leg
Biceps - 1 inch each arm (was more but I have started strength training and have gained muscle there)

Calisto
03-11-2013, 09:02 PM
One place I have noticed it there is not measured is my fingers! My new wedding band I bought (which I got cheap) because my old one didn't fit anymore.... is WAY too big now! It fits on my thumb!

benice
03-11-2013, 09:05 PM
I've always had thick thighs...no more! I've lost so much weight in my thighs...a lot less than I expected in my mid-section. I guess it will be the last to go...:)

workingit50
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
One place I have noticed it there is not measured is my fingers! My new wedding band I bought (which I got cheap) because my old one didn't fit anymore.... is WAY too big now! It fits on my thumb!

My "original" 20 years ago wedding ring has been not been on my finger for years, I wear a deceptive fake one. I was able to put on my wedding ring yesterday. It is still too snug to wear but that was a very nice moment.

DannaA
03-12-2013, 12:08 PM
I havent had official new measurements done yet.. but I must be losing in my butt area because after sitting in my computer chair i dont notice red marks along my theighs from the arms of the chair! :):)

yay!!!

Calisto
03-12-2013, 05:31 PM
My "original" 20 years ago wedding ring has been not been on my finger for years, I wear a deceptive fake one. I was able to put on my wedding ring yesterday. It is still too snug to wear but that was a very nice moment.

I am now at my weight when I got married but I swear my knuckles are bigger! Maybe having 4 kids does that to you? lol I hope it fits after I lose more if not I am going to get it resized!

California Kathy
03-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Been on since Jam 15th of this year. Have lost 336 pounds. Started out more than 100 pounds overweight. I have gone from an extremely too tight size 26 to a very loose 24 on the bottoms and 20 on the top. first lost in the face and neck and boobs, torso and shoulders. Then waist. then lost in butt and thighs.. And as Scorbut, I have lost in feet! Surprised me, but shoes are looser. For me, stomach is the least shrinking, as are upper arms.

For me, I didn't measure just the main places people get measured. I measure those areas, but also areas that I really am concerned with . Like just above my knees...out of proportion stubby fat. and the fat stomach at it's biggest point just above the butt.

I know the next 20 pounds is going to show a big difference and I'm hoping that the areas that are losing more slowly will catch up.

wishing you success.

California Kathy
03-19-2013, 06:52 AM
ooops . typo. I've lost 36 pounds. not 336. duh.

DRegan
03-19-2013, 07:25 AM
I have lost in the waist and back, my bras are fastening on the first hooks instead of the last. Think my chubby thighs will be the last to go. Pants are loose in butt and waist but still alittle snug in those darn thighs. Guess have to do some specific exercises to firm those up. I only stand on my feet at work 9 hours a day, think that would help, ugh! not!
oh keep OP and see what goes next! ;)

Desafinado
03-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Face, neck, bust, and hips. Poor poor tummy is fighting hard to hold on to its fat. But in the end, I will be the victor. LOL

Donna Gel
03-19-2013, 07:56 AM
ooops . typo. I've lost 36 pounds. not 336. duh.

I was hoping it was a typo and that you hadn't lost 336 lbs since January. LOL

benice
03-19-2013, 09:34 AM
I am now at my weight when I got married but I swear my knuckles are bigger! Maybe having 4 kids does that to you? lol I hope it fits after I lose more if not I am going to get it resized!

Don't hesitate to get it resized (unless it is a complicated band or something like that)! I've had my ring resized twice since starting this diet...it's easy as pie and it is such a wonderufl reward!

I have a question for you all. We are going to start trying to get pregnant soon (after phasing off, of course). I'm currently in an 8/10 which is likely where I will end up (maybe more 8's and an occasional 6, but probably not lower than that). I'm not sure if I should keep my larger sizes (12's/14's) for pregnancy wearing or just buy pregnancy clothes. I guess I don't know how that works. Will the 12's and 14's just be too big and I will need to get pregnancy pants in 8's and 10's? Or will these actually be useful? I plan to be a careful eater and not gain a ton of extra weight during pregnancy. However, these are suits and pants for work that are all nice and have little wear. I'd like to not toss them and end up rebuying them...but on the other hand, I'd love to purge my closet.

What do you all think?

Nibblet
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
I noticed in my face and neck area first and then my waist.

Same here, for the first part. My waist is always the last place to let go of anything. It gets annoying when my hips are smaller than my waist, pants look ridiculous.:(

bellasamimom
03-19-2013, 01:36 PM
I must be getting smaller in my butt :D
When I got in Hubby's car the other day I had to adjust the mirrors because they were to high and I couldn't see them clearly. I used to be able to leave them the way they were already set for him :carrot::carrot: