Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss - Does anyone Bleach ?

View Full Version : Does anyone Bleach ?

Roo2
03-10-2013, 12:40 PM
:(Ok I have darker pigmented skin on inner thighs D/T being overweight ...So what or how to I get rid of this ????

Thanks, Roo2:

Underwater
03-11-2013, 03:20 PM
I have never heard of anyone using bleach. I would talk to your doctor or get a referral to a dermatologist!

amandie
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM
I think she was talking about skin lightening, not actual liquid bleach or anything like that. I do have darker inner thighs from years of chub rub and I'd love to be able to somehow lighten the color down there too!

mandypandy2246
03-11-2013, 05:45 PM
First - velvety dark skin in the groin, neck, armpit area etc could be a sign of diabetes. So make sure you are getting your blood sugar checked at your annual MD visits (as an MD normally would do - nothing special to ask for). Probably not what you have but always better to be overly thorough - so just make sure you are at least getting an annual physical.

SEcond - Like Amandie, I have dark inner thighs also from chub rub and I am guessing this is exactly what you are talking about! I wish I had a solution. Are there skin lightening creams that could help? If it makes you feel better, I had a friend who lost a significant amount of weight and the dark skin from chub rub eventually faded away!!! That's what I've been hoping for!

Radiojane
03-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Mine has lightened significantly since starting to lose weight.

elvislover324
03-11-2013, 06:40 PM
I am so happy I can see my thighs now, I don't care what color they are! :)

But to the OP, I definitely would check with a dermatologist or your primary care doc just in case it doesn't mean more.