Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #1  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 10

Welcome to the Vol. 10 home of Fabulous at Fifty + !!
started by DanafromAustin

This is the place to share our thoughts, ideas, challenges, frustrations, and most importantly our joy of being 50+
LOVIN' LIFE and on IP. Welcome everyone!

Old 03-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

its that time again!!! almost 500 posts....so thought i'd go ahead and open the new thread!!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

Default quick bread

for those of you who are in phase 4 or maintenance or doing your own paleo low carb thing....i wanted to share this recipe!!
i made it today, it was delicious!!

QUICK BREAD in 90 seconds!!!

http://buttoni.wordpress.com/categor...-rolls/page/2/

Here is the link for the home made gluten free baking mix

http://low-carb-news.blogspot.com/20...-splendid.html

i made mine in 3 little ramekins but could probably do 4 as these were as big as a cupcake!!!

you do NOT need to grease or spray your ramekins, they come right out!!!

whole on left, sliced in half in the center, and toasted on the right!

i sliced in half, and toasted like a crumpet...O.M.G.......so good!!! i added some homemade sugar free lemon marmalade!!

tomorrow i am making a sausage and egg "biscuit" with them!!

1/3 of the recipe...1 biscuit or halved to make 2 crumpets equals =
calories: 128
fat: 12 grams
carbs: 8.8
fiber: 6.6 g
NET CARBS: 2.2 grams
protein: 7.2 grams

tastes like bread!!! not "eggy" or rubbery at all!!
FLUFFY, MOIST, SOFT BREAD!!

i topped mine with some homemade lemon marmalade:
this is how i make it
wash 3 lemons...then i use a thin strip zester to remove long strips of lemon peel.
cut in half, and squeeze out juice and as much lemon pulp as you can but no pith! or membranes.
add to a small pot and cover with 1.5 cups of water and boil until lemon peel is soften about 10 mins.
remove from heat and add your sweetener of choice to taste
i used 6 tbsp SWERVE a sugar substitute but you could probably use splenda or stevia or xylitol
stir until well blended and no granules are present
in another tiny bowl, mix 1 packet gelatin with some hot water and dissolve
then add to your lemon mixture and stir well
taste for sweetness...i like mine a little tart....but you can add more if needed....just melt your sweetener in some hot water before you add.
pour into a small glass container and it will thicken as it cools
store in fridge.

This is the thickness of HALF!!! its the size of a regular size crumpet!!

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #4  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Thank you Susan for the new thread, and for the recipe! It looks wonderful for when I get to Phase 4.

Lisa, I found and got a few episodes of UW (Underground Wellness) thanks for the recommendation. It came up searching for Paleo and Low Carb along with about 4 others. It's nice to have someone say they like one of them. I got sample episodes from a few others too to try out.

Ha! My best laid plans of what to do today got sidetracked getting my iPod to sync with this other laptop and moving my music around, and sharing it between home network machines. Pulled my before photos onto my iPod and Cell as sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words when I'm out and about and want to have something I shouldn't. I have a reminder with me. I'm sync'ing all my CD's from the other machine to this one too so I have a backup and won't have to reload all of them if one machine crashes.

Okay printing bread recipe and off to make bread! all!

Last edited by Halfagain; 03-09-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #5  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Sorry to leave you waiting part of the day for a beach pix. Had to run off to our Corvair event. Now without a Corvair here we're finished with what we can participate in. DH is napping while I'm online.

Let's try this picture thing again.

Molly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130309_073432.jpg (17.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 03-09-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #6  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Rainbow,
Thanks for the recipe. Wish I was home to try it. I am starting to enjoy maintenance a bit more. Ventured out and ate a couple more P1 no-no items. The mental transition is hard.

Molly
Old 03-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

nice ocean view molly!!

i made another batch of "gluten free bread" in a square dish, and made a delicious panini!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 03-09-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Sorry to leave you waiting part of the day for a beach pix. Had to run off to our Corvair event. Now without a Corvair here we're finished with what we can participate in. DH is napping while I'm online.

Let's try this picture thing again.

Molly
Ahhh that's the ticket! Beautiful pretty gorgeous day there. Thanks! We have a stellar day here as well, without the salty air :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
nice ocean view molly!!

i made another batch of "gluten free bread" in a square dish, and made a delicious panini!!

Now that is a inspiration to get to the Phase 4 program! Gosh you can make food look purdy and sound so delish.... I think you missed your calling Susan. You should have been a chef!

I'm munching down a lovely garden salad with WF Balsamic on it. I know some folks hate the WF stuff, but I really like it. It took some time for tastebuds to get there but yes it's enjoyable in my tastes.

Discovered I didn't buy Coconut flour, but rice flour. Hooray! have to go shopping! errr .. DARN! I have to go shopping (and not help clean house). I have a list of items so I'll be out a while. I did start another loaf of the low carb that was so hard to get out of the pan. I am making it to dough stage and then will pop it in the oven to bake. I added the 1/4 salt and threw in 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum just because I remembered to do it while my dry ingredients were still dry and it would blend out well.

Hubby is taking this low carb thing serious. He's throwing out the brownie mix and any chips he find. I'm amazed. He looks at me sort of sad, shows me the mix, and says "I'm throwing this out" ... and I say "GOOD!" hahaha... He needs a special reward tonight for sure
Old 03-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #9  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Now that is a inspiration to get to the Phase 4 program! Gosh you can make food look purdy and sound so delish.... I think you missed your calling Susan. You should have been a chef!

Hubby is taking this low carb thing serious. He's throwing out the brownie mix and any chips he find. I'm amazed. He looks at me sort of sad, shows me the mix, and says "I'm throwing this out" ... and I say "GOOD!" hahaha... He needs a special reward tonight for sure
aww thank you!!

sounds like its time for some low carb cooking baking
Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #10  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Susan, Thanks for starting volume 10 I looked up the recipe (I really want to try it!) and am stumped by a phrase in the dialogue..."This is not acceptable until the grains rung of OWL. I now keep a batch of Jennifer Eloff’s Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix made up in my pantry...". What the heck does that mean? And do you think the recipe will work without the gluten-free mix added?

MsGee - Welcome! You're off to a great start! RE: the hormone & sleeping issues...I believe my sleeping problems were due to the many and severe hot flashes I was having. I've been using a progestrone cream daily for over a month now, and it seems to be helping somewhat. Not as much as I'd like though. Hopefully your hormones will calm down soon.

Molly - I am so very jealous of your accommodations on this trip! What I wouldn't give for a few days in a seaside retreat - le sigh.
Glad to hear you're gradually adding in more foods.

Time to make my P1 friendly pizza and pop a DiGiorno's into the oven for VIP. Don't for get to set your clocks ahead tonight!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #11  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
aww thank you!!

sounds like its time for some low carb cooking baking
Indeed! However, the grocery shopping list wasn't so IP friendly when DH got involved... I won't name the things he requested, but his halo slipped a bit LOL.

One loaf of bread out, and the other is in (since I got the stuff from the store to make it). I goofed and got dried shredded coconut instead of coconut flour - but I just went with it. This recipe is held together with the eggs anyway and has other flour type contents. Heck it might be good (or chewy and tough as a rock) we shall see.

Did the donation run, and found a couple new blouses at Target. Overall a lot more went out of the closet than came in, so it's a great thing. Sent off a couple coats as well so the hall closet is roomier.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #12  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
nice ocean view
Just up the shoreline from you, Rainbow, Myrtle Beach.

Molly
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #13  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Susan, Thanks for starting volume 10 I looked up the recipe (I really want to try it!) and am stumped by a phrase in the dialogue..."This is not acceptable until the grains rung of OWL. I now keep a batch of Jennifer Eloff’s Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix made up in my pantry...". What the heck does that mean? And do you think the recipe will work without the gluten-free mix added?
i made it exactly as the recipe calls for. that line refers to atkins diet i believe....they have "rungs" it seems like ip has "phases"???

the panini was amazing!!! well worth buying the ingredients as this is certainly a keeper!! jennifer eloff is a wonder in the low carb cooking world!! low carbing among friends series.

i am not good at baking so i make a recipe exactly!! now cooking on the stove top....i can improvise and change up things!! but baking is a science, especially low carb baking!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #14  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Just up the shoreline from you, Rainbow, Myrtle Beach.

Molly
how long will u be in MB????
Old 03-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #15  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Evepet is right, MsGee, using an over-the-counter progesterone cream can do wonders. You can rub a quarter size amount of cream on a fatty area of your skin either once or twice a day. If you only want to do once a day, do it at night and it may help with sleep. To get started you might want to do twice a day. It may take a few weeks/months before you feel the full effect. It saved my sanity when going through menopause.

I posted in the old thread, so now I'm quoting myself here.

Yummy looking bread, Rainbow. I've never been much of a bread eater so I haven't even wanted to eat bread even though I've been in maintenance for about 2 months.

Love your ocean view, Molly. I sure miss the Carribean.

Couldn't resist all the coupons I've been getting from Macy's, so I spent many hours there today loading up on a spring wardrobe. Most items are still size 4, but also some size 6. I'm 2 pounds up from my lowest weight, but still at my goal, and that is after 7 days of decadence in Mexico in Feb. I still haven't managed to talk myself into exercising, although I know it will be good for me and make me feel good. I think mentally I've always thought of exercising to lose weight, so it doesn't seem to add up that I should exercise even though I don't need to lose weight. I just need to just do it!
Closed Thread