Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun March 9-10, 2013

lisa32989
03-09-2013, 07:18 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

mquinn106
03-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Morning everyone! I'm feeling great and SO thankful I made the commitment to IP! I'm noticing not only differences in my body but my whole outlook on life is changing, I'm much more positive and optimistic, life is great!

Let's make it a great positive OP weekend all :)

1LittleStar
03-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Morning everyone! I'm feeling great and SO thankful I made the commitment to IP! I'm noticing not only differences in my body but my whole outlook on life is changing, I'm much more positive and optimistic, life is great!

Let's make it a great positive OP weekend all :)

I couldn't agree with you more. I am on vacation and IP has definetely made it better. Airplane was much more comfortable and no seat belt extender needed! And my increased mobility and decreased size will make this whole trip better!

Jeaner
03-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Good Saturday Morning Everyone! Just wanted wish everyone great NSV victories today. We are heading out today to Rochester to visit a friend and then off to check out the eagles and then a visit to see my sweet aunt Kay.

workingit50
03-09-2013, 09:13 AM
I am getting my packets and food planned for today and going to yoga. In AZ , in mountains, it is snowy today. I tend to want to eat more on cold days. Going to commit to my water intake today, tend to drink less on weekends.

ragdoll74
03-09-2013, 09:22 AM
I couldn't agree with you more. I am on vacation and IP has definetely made it better. Airplane was much more comfortable and no seat belt extender needed! And my increased mobility and decreased size will make this whole trip better!

Great NSV! Enjoy your vacation.

BEEGEE
03-09-2013, 09:45 AM
This is my first post I have been lurking on this site for a while and you all have helped make my decision to join IP!! So much support and success and help with questions etc etc. I had my seven week WI and am down 18 pounds!!! Not only that I feel fantastic and have a great coach!

Alemap1981
03-09-2013, 10:01 AM
This is my first post I have been lurking on this site for a while and you all have helped make my decision to join IP!! So much support and success and help with questions etc etc. I had my seven week WI and am down 18 pounds!!! Not only that I feel fantastic and have a great coach!

Congrats on the loss! That is fantastic :) I also lurked on the site before finally starting the IP program... Seeing the pics and reading the stories makes you realize how well the program really works when you stick to it.

Jujubie
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been doing IP for almost 2 weeks now. I have been staying OP including the olive oil and salt requirements. After I eat I am ok for almost 3 hours and then I start to get hungry. By the time it time for me to eat again....I am starving. I thought the feeling of being hungry was suppose to go away? I just can't stand being so hungry that I can barely function. Any ideas?

mpstaton
03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm a little confused about posting protocol. Many people say to post questions on the daily thread, but it seems many posters start new threads on a specific topic or concern and they tend to get the targeted responses they are looking for. So, is it new thread or daily thread?

My question has to do with exercise. I have read many threads on exercise already, but what I would like to know is why can't we "have our IP and exercise too" in order to accelerate weight loss. My thought is that even though we are seriously restricting caloric intake, if we just exercise at a low intensity such as walking, then we should be able to burn off additional fat stores on top of what IP is achieving for our bodies.

I have already been walking 4-5 miles per day and taking 15 extra grams of protein before and after. But I would like to increase that to 8-12 miles per day to burn extra fat.

Trina M
03-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Hello everyone. I'm back from my Mexican vacation and it was great. I also celebrated my 40th birthday so I have not been 100% op but am back on track!

Exercising on OP is ok just as long as u don't do too much. A friend of mine started in phase 2 and has lost over 70 lbs and when he started exercising he kept increasing but found his weight loss results weren't as good so cut down. Maybe someone with more experience on Op can give u more in site mpstaton or you could check with your coach.

Have a great day everyone!

ragdoll74
03-09-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm a little confused about posting protocol. Many people say to post questions on the daily thread, but it seems many posters start new threads on a specific topic or concern and they tend to get the targeted responses they are looking for. So, is it new thread or daily thread?

My question has to do with exercise. I have read many threads on exercise already, but what I would like to know is why can't we "have our IP and exercise too" in order to accelerate weight loss. My thought is that even though we are seriously restricting caloric intake, if we just exercise at a low intensity such as walking, then we should be able to burn off additional fat stores on top of what IP is achieving for our bodies.

I have already been walking 4-5 miles per day and taking 15 extra grams of protein before and after. But I would like to increase that to 8-12 miles per day to burn extra fat.
Exercise is ok as long as you aren't elevating your heart rate. Adding in the extra walking isn't going to help you lose faster because IP is so low calorie you aren't giving your body enough calories to recover. Cardio actually will slow your losses. If you want to do it because you enjoy it and feel good, go ahead and do it.

I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been doing IP for almost 2 weeks now. I have been staying OP including the olive oil and salt requirements. After I eat I am ok for almost 3 hours and then I start to get hungry. By the time it time for me to eat again....I am starving. I thought the feeling of being hungry was suppose to go away? I just can't stand being so hungry that I can barely function. Any ideas?
Hot liquids help with hunger (decaf is good because then you don't have to drink extra water)
You can reserve some of your veggies to use as snacks during the day.
2 egg whites fall into the 0/0/0 rule, so add those in as needed (no more than once a day).
You can also split your protein up and have some during lunch, and the rest at dinner.

I have my restricted item at 10am and then have my second non-restricted at 2pm. It helps me get through until dinner time. I am not hungry after dinner, so this works well for me.

lisa32989
03-09-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm on my phone road tripping so its harder to quote etc.

In response to hunger: I tend to split up meals. I have a smoothie for breakfast & have part before I leave the house and the rest a couple hours later. I usually have some peppermint tea in the Tervis tumbler I drank my smoothie in (it cleans if out). I eat part of my lunch at lunch time and the rest as a snack after school (or I have a hb egg or 2 egg whites).

Re: exercise.
IP is way more efficient in fat burning than exercise is. Exercise will be way more helpful in maintenance so it IS a good habit to start, but follow the protocol.

Re: threads
You'll find most of the longtimers don't read each thread that is started. Anyone who has been here a while hardly ever sees a "new" question. Most could be answered if individuals spent some time reading"back" and learning from those who came before. There is rarely a reason to start new threads.

Donna Gel
03-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Until I read these encouraging posts. Slow to wake up and get going. For breakfast I had a pancake made with IP Crispy Cearel (http://www.ideallyyou.ca/idealproteinpancakescrispycereal) and one fried egg. That seems to be the best for me to get going with my day, a good shot of protein. Coming up on the end of three weeks OP. WI on Tuesday.

Have a wonderful day all!!
Donna G.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/slide-jump/lb/0/36/11/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

fam4me
03-09-2013, 11:56 AM
NSV....I went shopping last night and bought a pair of size 10 petite jeans! Cool ones with sparkly pockets on the back side! Something fashionable instead of just "fitable"! When I started I was a size 24W!

SylviesGirl
03-09-2013, 12:14 PM
NSV....I went shopping last night and bought a pair of size 10 petite jeans! Cool ones with sparkly pockets on the back side! Something fashionable instead of just "fitable"! When I started I was a size 24W!

Well, congrats! What a great NSV! I cannot imagine being able to actually choose clothing again instead of settling for, as you say, "fittable."

I bet those jeans will look fab with that great sweater (that I still want, btw!). Enjoy!:high:

SylviesGirl
03-09-2013, 12:17 PM

Love your name, btw! Are you drinking water throughout the morning? That is the first thing I grab when I feel hungry. Like someone said above, hot tea (w/ a bit of sweetener, if needed) will hold you for a while. Also, I keep a couple of hard boiled eggs on hand. If I am truly, truly hungry, a plain hard boiled egg white with salt will be appealing and then I'll eat that. If I look beyond the egg white, I know the hunger is more emotional or craving based and I don't go any further with it -- I grab my water and get busy with something else.

TNmom
03-09-2013, 12:27 PM
:coffee: Good Morning!
Hubby said we are taking our kids to see The Great and Powerful Oz tomorrow. I think he and I are more excited than the kids ;) . I need to find a replacement 'snack' so I don't feel left out. I really wish I had some SW puffs but the only portable restricteds I have is 2 p.crunch bars left. I guess I could take one of those. My coach is weaning me off of my coke zero addiction (it has aspartame). Anywho during my 1st week I cut down to 1 a day, this week its 1 every other day...etc etc. So I'm making sure not to have any today so I can have one at the movies.
I'm new but so far this has worked VERY well for me. I'm the type of person that NEEDS structure or I will fall to the wayside. Tell me what to do and I will do it, but dont give me vague directions. Needless to say this has worked well for me my 1st weigh in last week I went from214.4 to 204.4.... I was flabbergasted. 9 pounds! My next weigh in wont be til next Wednesday or Thursday but I stepped on the scale this am and it read 200.6. I almost started crying. I never could get and stay below 200, I always would get 'stuck'. (With all that said the thought of maintenance scares the bejesus out of me. But I will worry and cross that bridge later)
:flame: On a less than positive note I think I am keeping this my dirty little secret. The people I have told look at me like I'm crazy, or they know a little about it and say that I am STARVING myself because the calories are so low. Shoot I could barely finish my omelet this morning with a cup of sauteed mushrooms in it. I dont feel like I'm starving. A couple of friends even turned up their noses and said that I was eating 'processed junk that can't be good for me'. Uhhhh what did you think I was eating to get to 214 lbs babydoll? It wasn't tofu and veggies I can tell you that. I'm eating more 'real' foods now even with the packages than I ever was before. And then there is the comment ' you will just gain it back once you quit buying their food' yada yada yada. So instead of letting everyone rain on my parade I will just say I'm cutting back on carbs. Hopefully by the time by birthday rolls around in June they will keep their remarks to themselves :hat:

SylviesGirl
03-09-2013, 12:37 PM
A couple of friends even turned up their noses and said that I was eating 'processed junk that can't be good for me'. Uhhhh what did you think I was eating to get to 214 lbs babydoll? It wasn't tofu and veggies I can tell you that. I'm eating more 'real' foods now even with the packages than I ever was before. And then there is the comment ' you will just gain it back once you quit buying their food' yada yada yada. So instead of letting everyone rain on my parade I will just say I'm cutting back on carbs. Hopefully by the time by birthday rolls around in June they will keep their remarks to themselves :hat:

Good for you! And very well said. I think that all people lose weight differently and different ways of eating are good for different people. (If only society would come around to this concept.) Anyway, it sounds to me like your "friends" are jealous jealousers who are jealous! Keep at it, you're doing great!

WebRover
03-09-2013, 12:50 PM
... So instead of letting everyone rain on my parade I will just say I'm cutting back on carbs. Hopefully by the time by birthday rolls around in June they will keep their remarks to themselves :hat:

Congrats & Welcome!

By June the comments you'll be getting will sound more like "You look Great!", "How did you do it?" and you can respond with "thank you" and as much or as little more as you wish.

TNmom
03-09-2013, 01:01 PM
:) Exactly!!!

funstaffordmom
03-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Been OP for 6 days. Today was the first weigh in. Lost 4.2 pounds and 5 inches :)

DoingitDeb
03-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Day 8 and still going strong...looking forward to my weigh in on tuesday...who woulda thunk it! Thanks for all the thinspiration. I love to read the threads it makes me feel like part of something bigger than just me. A bigger group that is getting smaller hehehe

Donna Gel
03-09-2013, 01:20 PM
:coffee: Good Morning!

I'm new but so far this has worked VERY well for me. I'm the type of person that NEEDS structure or I will fall to the wayside. Tell me what to do and I will do it, but dont give me vague directions.

A couple of friends even turned up their noses and said that I was eating 'processed junk that can't be good for me'. Uhhhh what did you think I was eating to get to 214 lbs babydoll? It wasn't tofu and veggies I can tell you that.

I am the same way, structure works for me. Accountability as well.

Your comment on eating processed food cracked me up! I have had that sort of comment and have even made them before IP.

I went from eating heavy carbs, processed, sugar food, no protein and few veggies to eating lots of veggies, lean protein, marginal carbs and no sugar. Hmmm, tell me how is this bad.

Donna Gel
03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Good for you! And very well said. I think that all people lose weight differently and different ways of eating are good for different people. (If only society would come around to this concept.) Anyway, it sounds to me like your "friends" are jealous jealousers who are jealous! Keep at it, you're doing great!

I agree, they are jealous.

bellasamimom
03-09-2013, 01:46 PM

That is awesome!!!
:dance::dance::dance::dance:
:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

leannekarella
03-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl

Yep, I agree!
Had dinner with a friend last night. Last time we had dinner I was one week into the diet, had lost 4lbs, and she said, "No way you're going to be able to stay on this diet," as I was eating my chicken breast and green salad with my "bring in" condiments.

It's been 2.5 months and I'm down almost 30lbs, and as I'm eating my bun-less, condiment-less burger and salad last night, she said, "You're really doing great. I didn't think you would last this long."

This is a woman who has been on Weight Watchers FOREVER...yo-yo dieting constantly.

Then she said, "But it's not like you can be on it forever."

And I said, "Nope, just until I'm a healthy weight." :D

Oh, and I got into size 20W jeans! (I started out at a tight 28W) Not that I can sit in the 20's yet, but I got them buttoned and zipped! :D

TNmom
03-09-2013, 02:23 PM
That's what aggravates me! Why can't they just say -"Hey you look great". "Keep it up." or just a plain ol' "good job". It's like they have to give you a compliment with a little twist of a knife at the end.

WyoGirl82
03-09-2013, 02:29 PM

Congratulations!! That's what I'm looking forward to. I told my family that when I meet my goal....I'm going to get a cute pair of jeans with bling on the butt!! Good for you.....your success is awesome!!

Glover girl
03-09-2013, 03:16 PM

Wow! Good for you! That is an amazing accomplishment. I hope to make the same announcement one day.:) you should be proud!

Charbarot
03-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Sorry..busy...in between basketball games. Anyways, I had my second WI yesterday..I lost 3 more pounds. That's a total of 7.2 pounds in two weeks. I love this diet. But I will say...my cloths are feeling loser. I am :carrot: for joy

SylviesGirl
03-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Been OP for 6 days. Today was the first weigh in. Lost 4.2 pounds and 5 inches :)

Wooo-Hooooo! Looking good! :carrot:

pinkeetoz
03-09-2013, 03:47 PM
I soooo love reading all of the successes and by that I mean to all of you that have lost 10lbs through those of you that have huge weight loss and are now buying nice clothes with sparkles on them. Just love it:carrot:

I am on the Ideal Protein diet, started 5 days ago. I, too, went from junky carbs and drinking diet coke ALL DAY LONG to eating healthy veggies, drinking all of the water required and having one cup of tea at around 3'ish for a pick up. I add a little spenda it.

Now that I have mentioned splenda, is it ok to have it as a sweetener in my tea once a day?

I do not have a coach and I purchased IP foods that a friend had left from hers which counts for about 11 days. I also ordered more from plainprotein.com this morning. I purchased all of the vitamins from Walmart, too.

I am so happy to have this board of others that are committed to weight loss. We rock!!:D

bubbleblower
03-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Wow ... What a week! I haven't had a chance to come close to keeping up with everything going on with everyone here. I've been out of town checking on our house under construction (we have a roof!) and visiting my 91 year old mom. Now I'm back to reality, packing and sorting items for charity/auction/yard sale/trash. It's all pretty intense right now.

This week I once again did a combination of P1 and P2 since we were eating out at restaurants a lot. I don't put much credence in scale readings immediately after flying since the flight can really mess with your weight. I'll do my normal WI on Wednesday and see where I am, but so far I'm exactly where I was when I left on Monday - and that's fine with me! I feel great and it was fun to see the faces of friends who haven't seen me since mid-December. :)

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

LizJazz
03-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Congratulations!! That's what I'm looking forward to. I told my family that when I meet my goal....I'm going to get a cute pair of jeans with bling on the butt!! Good for you.....your success is awesome!!

That's exactly what I am treating myself too when I reach goal-some Miss Me jeans with bling on the butt. ;-)

beepure
03-09-2013, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=TNmom;4661209]:coffee: Good Morning!
Hubby said we are taking our kids to see The Great and Powerful Oz tomorrow. I think he and I are more excited than the kids ;) . I need to find a replacement 'snack' so I don't feel left out.

I was thinking dill pickle when we go. Oz is on my list too.

A couple of friends even turned up their noses and said that I was eating 'processed junk that can't be good for me'. Uhhhh what did you think I was eating to get to 214 lbs babydoll? I

LOL :)

tam67green
03-09-2013, 06:37 PM
It was a beautiful day here today! Sunny and temps in the high 50s...Come on, spring!! I went shopping for clothes this afternoon, and went to Lane Bryant because I had some money left on an old gift card. Last time I went and spent the first part of the gift card was to buy jeans last spring--size 24/26W. Today I was trying on and fitting into size 16 jeans!! Woo hoo! Soon I won't be able to shop at that store anymore, and that is OK with me! When I asked the saleslady a question about finding something specific, she offered to show me where it was and said, "What are you wearing...a 14 or 16?" So maybe I am almost a 14!

I am seriously thinking I need to start some strength training. The flab is a little scary! I won't go crazy, and I will add an extra non restricted packet. I am a little apprehensive about my losses slowing, but I have reached a point where I think I need to add some exercise. Plus, my dr. recommended that I exercise to lower my bad cholesterol and help with blood sugar management. If my losses slow, but I look and feel good with toning my muscles, that will be fine with me.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!! :)

tam67green
03-09-2013, 06:41 PM

YAY, that's awesome! :) Isn't that a great feeling? Looking at your stats, you and I started at almost the same weight. I can't wait until I fit into size 10, too!

leannekarella
03-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Now that I have mentioned splenda, is it ok to have it as a sweetener in my tea once a day?

My coach said that up to 4 pkts of Splenda is allowed a day.

speterson
03-09-2013, 07:33 PM

super great job:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot ::cb::cb::cb::cp::cp:

Spiritman
03-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Another good day on my neck of the woods. NSV - was able to spend the day on the family farm snowmobiling and visiting with the folks. They were as happy as I was with my surprise visit.

Non Victory (funny) moment however - on the way out (gotta remember it's very rural here) had to stop on the side of the road - do the math - what seems like gallons of water ingested before leaving + one hour on the road = having to pull over to answer the call of nature.

The problem was was I am standing on the side of the road no fewer than 5 cars go by and I have to pretend to be looking at the trailer with my snowmobile on it - while doing the pee pee dance and hoping no one stops. I'm pretty sure I would have wet my pants right in front of them if anyone did stop. :o

Other than that pretty excellent day - oh and when I got home sirloin steak and rutabaga fries were ready and waiting for me, got me a good DW.

TNmom
03-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Okay peeps I'm looking over my sheets the coach gave me (im just in my 2nd week of IP) and it lists rutabaga under the select veggies. So I gave have this everyday if I want????

scorbett1103
03-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Okay peeps I'm looking over my sheets the coach gave me (im just in my 2nd week of IP) and it lists rutabaga under the select veggies. So I gave have this everyday if I want????

That's been a hot topic before - Rutabaga is on the select veggies list but Swede is on the restricted veggie - they are two names for the same vegetable.

The consensus was to just listen to your body. If you have it frequently and don't notice it on the scale or feel gross, then your body is probably fine with the slightly higher carbs. But if you feel bloated after eating it, or notice slower weight loss or gains, you might be more sensitive to the carbs and need to treat it like a restricted veg.

TNmom
03-09-2013, 09:33 PM
That's been a hot topic before - Rutabaga is on the select veggies list but Swede is on the restricted veggie - they are two names for the same vegetable.

The consensus was to just listen to your body. If you have it frequently and don't notice it on the scale or feel gross, then your body is probably fine with the slightly higher carbs. But if you feel bloated after eating it, or notice slower weight loss or gains, you might be more sensitive to the carbs and need to treat it like a restricted veg.

Thanks! Figured it was too good to be true. I just made some rutabaga fries tonight and it was delish! I need to make or find some low carb ketchup. I love sauce and have to 'dip' but dont want to derail my efforts. I will have to watch how my body responds to the rutabaga. I'm just so full of broccoli its coming out my ears.

Debrasb
03-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks! Figured it was too good to be true. I just made some rutabaga fries tonight and it was delish! I need to make or find some low carb ketchup. I love sauce and have to 'dip' but dont want to derail my efforts. I will have to watch how my body responds to the rutabaga. I'm just so full of broccoli its coming out my ears.

I make my ketchup -- super easy. It started because I don't like my kids eating tons of store-bought stuff, and now I can use it myself. Note that the stevia in the recipe here is not the extract, so if you use stevia extract you need just a dash. I made some today and threw in some red pepper paste, so good.

Here's my recipe:
http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com/2012/11/easy-homemade-sugar-free-ketchup.html
(http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com/2012/11/easy-homemade-sugar-free-ketchup.html)

DRegan
03-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Congrats and thx so much for all the great
Posts!!!
I'm near the end of my 2nd week, WI Tuesday.
We attended a bat mitzvah today, I did
much better than ever thought possible!
Had a IP bar & lots water between ceremony (2 1/2 hours long!)
and the reception, skipped hor'derves and
Pasta, had the chicken and veggies No rice!
No cake, tea with Splenda instead, stayed away from
My table when the choc cake came, best thing to do.
Had a great time, came home worked out, had a
IP shake and Sssooooo glad I didn't cheat!!
On any other program I would have had no willpower!!
Amazing just don't have the cravings!!
Well enjoy the rest of the weekend!!
Keep up all your great efforts and posts!!!

D

Loseitfast
03-09-2013, 11:25 PM
I have to ask.... Is anyone else having trouble with their bowel movements? I know it's not a fun topic but my coach had me do the novi cleanse after the holidays and ever since I cannot get my system back on track...I'm fine for a few days and then I'm backed up again and it's been going on for over 2 months!!!!! Help!!!! Any suggestions? I've done magnesium citrate but I have to take half the bottle before anything happens and I'm patient with it so idk what to do

bbb60
03-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been reading about all of you since I started IP 6 weeks ago and you definitely help keep me motivate by all your successes. This is also my first post so hope I am doing it right.
I am very happy with my success so far as I'm down 25.5 lbs and 15 or so inches. Haven't had any issues staying OP until I came to China for a business trip. I brought packets with me so I'm doing ok with those, but the meals are a challenge. Most of the time I don't have a choice of what food is ordered, but I'm making good choices when the food arrives. So far I've stayed away from fruit, known carbs and dairy but it is the hidden stuff that is scary. Language is such a barrier and even when I say plain or no french fries, I still get sauce or butter and french fries. I am really surprised by how un-tempted I am these days.
I decided before I left home that I would do the best I could during the trip and not beat myself up over the lack of control and probable weight gain during these 2 weeks. The hotel has scales in the bathroom so I weighed on day 1 and so far have stayed the same in kilograms. Some of the shirts I brought fit fine when I tried them on the week before I left, but are now too big. Maybe I'll just leave them here.
I have also been receiving the "love your hair" comments even though it has been the same color and style for the last 2 years. I just thank them and say I recently trimmed it. The people I work with here in China are very blunt with their comments and the compliment I have received the most is how I look younger than last time. I'll take that comment every day!
Enough rambling. It is already Sunday night here and almost time to go somewhere for dinner. Hopefully there will be no chicken feet on the table.

elvislover324
03-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm not on Ideal Protein but I read all your threads as I am fascinated with the progress, knowledge and dedication you all have. :)

Does anyone know if the estrogen surge you get on the diet is for the whole time you are in Phase 1 or just in the beginning?

I tried to google online but got way too much information to sort through. I was hoping one of you might know off the top of your head.

Thank you!

SweetShe
03-10-2013, 10:23 AM
I've been doing IP for 2 months and have lost 30lbs! I work from home so it's very easy for me to prepare and plan what I'm going to eat and when. This past week I had to go into the office for a few days for a conference, had a work dinner and a work party. Everything worked out so I thought I'd share what I did...

Work Party - I was able to bring some dishes to the party since it was at someones house so I brought shimp cocktail and a large veggie platter.

Shrimp cocktail: boiled shrimp in salted water with lemon and peppercorns. Served with cocktail sauce (horseradish, lemon and 1 carb heinz ketchup).

Veggie Platter: I made the following into stick size pieces: Carrots (which were not for me!), celery, baby zucchini, red pepper. Cut in half then diagional - english cucumbers. Blanched cauliflower and broccoli. Cherry tomatos...I made 2 dips that were not for me but I didn't mind. I could have brought my Walden Farms blue cheese dip but I decided not to, no one else would have liked it...

For lunch each day - I brought my lunch - salad and veggies (leftover from the platter) and an IP bar.

Buffett: I had salad with nothing (added some salt), chicken breast with mushrooms and string beans almondine (i just didn't eat the sliced almonds). I think that the string beans may have had some butter on them and I think that the sauce on the chicken probably wasn't 100% OP but, I figured it was small enough amounts that for this time, it was ok.

I also spoke to someone that had gastric bypass a few years ago...I asked how much weight he lost in the beginning - he lost 50lbs the first 6 months and 30 lbs in the first 2 months - SAME AS ME! IP is a wonderful choice!!

ragdoll74
03-10-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm not on Ideal Protein but I read all your threads as I am fascinated with the progress, knowledge and dedication you all have. :)

Does anyone know if the estrogen surge you get on the diet is for the whole time you are in Phase 1 or just in the beginning?

I tried to google online but got way too much information to sort through. I was hoping one of you might know off the top of your head.

Thank you!
It is pretty much the entire time on IP. Your body stores estrogen in fat, so anytime you are losing fat rapidly this will happen.

The effects of the hormones varies though, and seem to lessen the longer you are on IP. I have to say that it is totally worth it. I'm feeling great, eating healthy and losing weight without feeling deprived. This has become a complete lifestyle change for me.

Debrasb
03-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Down to my last 19 pounds to lose, and boy it is slow going. That scale is just not budging! My focus this coming week is on getting past this hump -- no extra splenda, lots of water and decaf green tea, trying to be very careful with everything!

funstaffordmom
03-10-2013, 12:24 PM
:df: :sunny: WHAT A GORGEOUS DAY :sunny: :df: I woke up with a large lab jumping on the bed (me). After two cups o' coffee, I'm ready to rock it today :cheer: The boys are heading to Bass Pro Shop :flow1: So Mamma will be cleaning up the house a bit :hyper:

:goodvibes: HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL :goodvibes:

Mother of the Groom
03-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Quick question,
When you are measuring out your 8oz protein you measure it raw but how do you figure out your portion of a roast?

ragdoll74
03-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Quick question,
When you are measuring out your 8oz protein you measure it raw but how do you figure out your portion of a roast?

If possible weigh the roast before and after so you can figure out how many oz it loses while roasting.

Otherwise you can just measure about 6.5-7 oz after cooking. It should be close enough.

Mother of the Groom
03-10-2013, 12:46 PM
If possible weigh the roast before and after so you can figure out how many oz it loses while roasting.

Otherwise you can just measure about 6.5-7 oz after cooking. It should be close enough.

Thank you, I love just putting a frozen roast in the crockpot on a Sunday for an easy family dinner. It probably wouldn't weigh properly frozen either I suspect so I'll go with the 6.5 oz to be on the safe side.

Have a great Sunday everyone! :)

elvislover324
03-10-2013, 12:53 PM
It is pretty much the entire time on IP. Your body stores estrogen in fat, so anytime you are losing fat rapidly this will happen.

The effects of the hormones varies though, and seem to lessen the longer you are on IP. I have to say that it is totally worth it. I'm feeling great, eating healthy and losing weight without feeling deprived. This has become a complete lifestyle change for me.

Thank you very much, Ragdoll. Very helpful.

Donna Gel
03-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Wait a minute!! Estrogen surges? I am missing something here.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/slide-jump/lb/0/36/11/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

ragdoll74
03-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Wait a minute!! Estrogen surges? I am missing something here.

Have you noticed if you are really irritable, overly sensitive or any issues with TOM?

Sammie12
03-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi, everyone hope your all having a great weekend. I am at work so thought i would caught up on the boards while it was slow here. I'll have to give hot tea a try when I am feeling hungry usually I drink more water but that only lasts so long.

workingit50
03-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been reading about all of you since I started IP 6 weeks ago and you definitely help keep me motivate by all your successes. This is also my first post so hope I am doing it right.
I am very happy with my success so far as I'm down 25.5 lbs and 15 or so inches. Haven't had any issues staying OP until I came to China for a business trip. I brought packets with me so I'm doing ok with those, but the meals are a challenge.

Congrats and thx so much for all the great
Posts!!!
I'm near the end of my 2nd week, WI Tuesday.
We attended a bat mitzvah today, I did
much better than ever thought possible!

D

I've been doing IP for 2 months and have lost 30lbs! I work from home so it's very easy for me to prepare and plan what I'm going to eat and when. This past week I had to go into the office for a few days for a conference, had a work dinner and a work party. Everything worked out so I thought I'd share what I did...

I am so impressed by your stories of events and travels, particularly to China and stay OP. Inspirational dedication. Way to go!

workingit50
03-10-2013, 01:21 PM
I have to ask.... Is anyone else having trouble with their bowel movements? I know it's not a fun topic but my coach had me do the novi cleanse after the holidays and ever since I cannot get my system back on track...I'm fine for a few days and then I'm backed up again and it's been going on for over 2 months!!!!! Help!!!! Any suggestions? I've done magnesium citrate but I have to take half the bottle before anything happens and I'm patient with it so idk what to do

I would say my system is sluggish. I take a probiotic (before program) daily in the evening and Smooth Move tea is wonderful! Good luck.

ladylunk
03-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Thank you, I love just putting a frozen roast in the crockpot on a Sunday for an easy family dinner. It probably wouldn't weigh properly frozen either I suspect so I'll go with the 6.5 oz to be on the safe side.

Have a great Sunday everyone! :)

I have never heard of adding a frozen roast to a crock pot. How does that turn out and how long does it take?

LizJazz
03-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Have you noticed if you are really irritable, overly sensitive or any issues with TOM?

OMG! Thank you for posting this!! I have had so much anxiety lately and have no patience.
The surges in estrogen must be the cause.

fitandfabfrog
03-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Does anyone else not ever feel hungry? I have to 'force' myself to remember to eat. Does that get better? I am on day 5 today!

Mother of the Groom
03-10-2013, 05:07 PM
I have never heard of adding a frozen roast to a crock pot. How does that turn out and how long does it take?

I usually just put the roast in crockpot around 8am with a few different seasonings(thyme, bayleaves, garlic and cracked pepper) add 1/4" of water or broth and put it on low (10 hr button) and it's ready for dinner. The roast just falls apart it is so tender. I have done pork roasts before also with just a jar of saurkraut dumped on top and some caraway seeds, very good.

IntheEvening
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
I hope you all had a great weekend. I'm just starting ip again after being sick last week with a upset stomach. I was off of ip for about 2days. It's been hard because of my TOM is coming up soon and the urges are soo strong to cheat! How do you resist the urges? lol must be strong!

also I bought asparagus for the first time and I was wondering how you prepare it?

IdealProteinNewbie
03-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I hope you all had a great weekend. I'm just starting ip again after being sick last week with a upset stomach. I was off of ip for about 2days. It's been hard because of my TOM is coming up soon and the urges are soo strong to cheat! How do you resist the urges? lol must be strong!

also I bought asparagus for the first time and I was wondering how you prepare it?

Every time you resist a craving you flex your willpower muscle which will help you be successful in maintenance. You'll enjoy the taste of whatever you're craving for two minutes then be racked with guilt. You'll also read over and over again how hard it is for people to stop at one bite...it leads to two, to three, etc.

It's not worth the setback!

I am obsessed with roasted asparagus. I line a cookie sheet with foil, mist with olive oil, sprinkle on sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and roast at 350* for 15 minutes. Sooo good!

Also, I sometimes make an asparagus omelet for dinner.

ETA: That is how I prepare 95% of my veggies (okra, zucchini, cabbage, turnips, rutagaba, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.)

IntheEvening
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Every time you resist a craving you flex your willpower muscle which will help you be successful in maintenance.

I am obsessed with roasted asparagus. I line a cookie sheet with foil, mist with olive oil, sprinkle on sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and roast at 350* for 15 minutes. Sooo good!

Also, I sometimes make an asparagus omelet for dinner.

ETA: That is how I prepare 95% of my veggies (okra, zucchini, cabbage, turnips, rutagaba, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.)

Never thought of willpower as muscle!:) Makes a ton of sense and I need to reread that sentence a couple of time to make sure it sticks! :carrot:

I'm gunna try that recipe because it seems simple enough for my first time!

Thanks!!!!

Debrasb
03-10-2013, 06:09 PM
My husband and I are heading to a fancy gala. Here's my question: if I end up thinking I've eaten more than my usual dinner portion of protein (I know they will have sliced london broil), do I still have my snack before bed or skip it?

Trinkets75
03-10-2013, 06:09 PM

This is my third week on IP, and I have been so up and down! Plus, I started a new bc @ the same time, so thats probably not helping!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-10-2013, 06:13 PM
My husband and I are heading to a fancy gala. Here's my question: if I end up thinking I've eaten more than my usual dinner portion of protein (I know they will have sliced london broil), do I still have my snack before bed or skip it?

Definitely still eat your snack! A little extra animal protein once in a blue moon won't harm you...it only will if you do it all the time.

Have fun!

scorbett1103
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM

Nope, no need to skip your snack. Having a little extra meat once in a while isn't a huge deal, and "compensation" is too inexact a science in the context of this diet to really be effective. Just have a great (OP) time!

This is my third week on IP, and I have been so up and down! Plus, I started a new bc @ the same time, so thats probably not helping!

It's totally normal - women store estrogen in their fat cells so when we lose weight fast it floods our system. Makes us PMS all the time, messes up our cycles. Also it makes BC less effective, so make sure you are using extra protection while on IP or you may end up with an IP baby!

Trinkets75
03-10-2013, 06:24 PM

Congrats on the loss!

Donna Gel
03-10-2013, 06:45 PM

NO WHY!? LOL No I don't think so, I will have to ask Husband if I have been extra irritable. I did notice I had an early cycle though.

Donna Gel
03-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Does anyone else not ever feel hungry? I have to 'force' myself to remember to eat. Does that get better? I am on day 5 today!

I was like that a couple days last week and again today. I am on day 19 today.

NinjaNurse
03-10-2013, 06:49 PM

Congrats and :hug::hug::hug: it's an amazing feeling. I really do think we should have a shopping spree gtg when a bunch of us are done.

Yep, I agree!
Had dinner with a friend last night. Last time we had dinner I was one week into the diet, had lost 4lbs, and she said, "No way you're going to be able to stay on this diet," as I was eating my chicken breast and green salad with my "bring in" condiments.

It's been 2.5 months and I'm down almost 30lbs, and as I'm eating my bun-less, condiment-less burger and salad last night, she said, "You're really doing great. I didn't think you would last this long."

This is a woman who has been on Weight Watchers FOREVER...yo-yo dieting constantly.

Then she said, "But it's not like you can be on it forever."
And I said, "Nope, just until I'm a healthy weight." :D

Oh, and I got into size 20W jeans! (I started out at a tight 28W) Not that I can sit in the 20's yet, but I got them buttoned and zipped! :D

I hate when people say crap like this. If this were forever, I don't think anyone would want to do it. I know I have learned so so much about myself and my eating habits that hopefully, when the time comes, I will maintain and live my life with healthy eating.

Congrats on the new pants!!!:hug::hug:

I pray to GOD thanking the creators of Smooth Move tea. I have dabbled with psyllium but am afraid to actually take the 5 pill dose. So last night I had Smooth Move hidden with Blueberry tea (I can't find any flaver than the regular and it tastes awful.) Anyway, I let it get cool, and then chug it all down.

I was a happy happy girl this morning. :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Now that we are hopefully heading into Spring I want to get moving a bit more, but am afraid to slow my process. We'll see. I have a bike path 2 blocks away. And the Ocean is about a 15min walk. Who wants to come over for a walk???

M35A2
03-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Now that we are hopefully heading into Spring I want to get moving a bit more, but am afraid to slow my process. We'll see. I have a bike path 2 blocks away. And the Ocean is about a 15min walk. Who wants to come over for a walk???

If you could wait until August I'd take you up on it. Guess you'll just have to come back to walk with us when the family is there:)

Donna Gel
03-10-2013, 07:16 PM
I got into size 20W jeans! (I started out at a tight 28W) Not that I can sit in the 20's yet, but I got them buttoned and zipped! :D Doesn't that feel wonderful!!

I tried on a zipped up a pair I haven't been able to get into in forever. Told Husband, 5 more pounds and I can breathe in them too.

Donna Gel
03-10-2013, 07:21 PM
It was a beautiful day here today! Sunny and temps in the high 50s...Come on, spring!! I went shopping for clothes this afternoon, and went to Lane Bryant because I had some money left on an old gift card. Last time I went and spent the first part of the gift card was to buy jeans last spring--size 24/26W. Today I was trying on and fitting into size 16 jeans!! Woo hoo! Soon I won't be able to shop at that store anymore, and that is OK with me! When I asked the saleslady a question about finding something specific, she offered to show me where it was and said, "What are you wearing...a 14 or 16?" So maybe I am almost a 14!

I am seriously thinking I need to start some strength training. The flab is a little scary! I won't go crazy, and I will add an extra non restricted packet. I am a little apprehensive about my losses slowing, but I have reached a point where I think I need to add some exercise. Plus, my dr. recommended that I exercise to lower my bad cholesterol and help with blood sugar management. If my losses slow, but I look and feel good with toning my muscles, that will be fine with me.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!! :)

It is so fun to buy new clothes and not dread it!
What does your doctor say about your weight loss?

ragdoll74
03-10-2013, 07:22 PM
NO WHY!? LOL No I don't think so, I will have to ask Husband if I have been extra irritable. I did notice I had an early cycle though.

Like scorbett mentioned the hormones being released can make us PMS the whole time. I was super cranky and also very emotional for the first couple of months and didn't realize why until someone posted here. Once I made the connection it helped me to deal with it.

Trinkets75
03-10-2013, 08:45 PM
It's totally normal - women store estrogen in their fat cells so when we lose weight fast it floods our system. Makes us PMS all the time, messes up our cycles. Also it makes BC less effective, so make sure you are using extra protection while on IP or you may end up with an IP baby![/QUOTE]

Ohhhh yeah, we are definitely taking extra measures! We have a 1 yr old, & 2.5yr old. This mamas body needs a break! It's me time now:D
I just get so B****Y! I feel like I'm losing it sometimes and feel bad for my hubby and kids. Does it ease up after awhile?

scorbett1103
03-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Ohhhh yeah, we are definitely taking extra measures! We have a 1 yr old, & 2.5yr old. This mamas body needs a break! It's me time now:D
I just get so B****Y! I feel like I'm losing it sometimes and feel bad for my hubby and kids. Does it ease up after awhile?

LOL I hear you there - mine are 6 and 3.5 and I am DONE! Everyone is different, but for me the worst of it eased up after the 2nd month. I would then occasionally get a little edgy, usually right before a big WHOOSH!

NinjaNurse
03-10-2013, 11:38 PM
LOL I hear you there - mine are 6 and 3.5 and I am DONE! Everyone is different, but for me the worst of it eased up after the 2nd month. I would then occasionally get a little edgy, usually right before a big WHOOSH!

Scorbett come on now, you make BEAUTIFUL babies!!!;););):val2::val2:

scorbett1103
03-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Scorbett come on now, you make BEAUTIFUL babies!!!;););):val2::val2:

Hush your mouth, woman!! :D :D :devil: :devil: