Ideal Protein Diet - I'm getting sick.........

View Full Version : I'm getting sick.........

MSDEEDEE23
03-08-2013, 01:45 PM
It started with a sore throat, now my ears hurt, little coughing, no congestion. Just wanted to know if there is anything OTC I could take that wouldn't intefere with IP.

leannekarella
03-08-2013, 01:48 PM
It started with a sore throat, now my ears hurt, little coughing, no congestion. Just wanted to know if there is anything OTC I could take that wouldn't intefere with IP.

Anything made for diabetics. Talk to the pharmacist and find out what they recommend that they carry for OTC cold relief for diabetics. They are sugar free and should be fine on IP.

Get better soon! :hug:

Thirteen
03-09-2013, 05:37 AM
I'm just getting over a similar situation...mine started like that and ended up with sinus congestion and a cough. I got sugar free halls (I actually like them better than the regular) and alka seltzer. Be warned! 1) you will retain water with a cold, so you'll feel bloated, but it'll drop off easily. 2) **alka seltzer and the halls are both 0 carb, 0 sugar, BUT 5 calories per serving. I discussed this with my doctor and he said it'd be okay. I limited myself, and still got a dizzy feeling after a few days, so might have been messing with ketosis a bit, but I had a small loss (even with all the water weight) for the week and seem to be on the mend. Hope you feel better soon!!

bellasamimom
03-09-2013, 06:21 AM
I'm just getting over a similar situation...mine started like that and ended up with sinus congestion and a cough. I got sugar free halls (I actually like them better than the regular) and alka seltzer. Be warned! 1) you will retain water with a cold, so you'll feel bloated, but it'll drop off easily. 2) **alka seltzer and the halls are both 0 carb, 0 sugar, BUT 5 calories per serving. I discussed this with my doctor and he said it'd be okay. I limited myself, and still got a dizzy feeling after a few days, so might have been messing with ketosis a bit, but I had a small loss (even with all the water weight) for the week and seem to be on the mend. Hope you feel better soon!!

I too am sick :( I am up now trying a cup of tea to help with my sore throat. I bought cough drops thinking they were sugar free and they weren't. I am not touching those!!! So tea will have to do!!! I am supposed to be on the pool deck this morning but I don't think that will be happening :(

Cheekyskeeter
03-09-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm sorry you're getting sick. I've been lucky and haven't been sick since starting IP so don't have any advice but I hope you feel better soon.

lisa32989
03-09-2013, 06:27 AM
0/0/0 = fat/carbs/sugar (not calories)
The zero sugar items won't mess with ketosis.

Be sure to make yourself some good homemade chicken/veggie soup. I use book choy, celery, leeks, mushrooms. I roast a chicken first and use the carcass to make the broth. (Remove skin)
A rotisserie chicken could work in a pinch but don't forget they're injected with sugar solutions.
This is a great lunch and dinner when sick (split your meat protein)

bellasamimom
03-09-2013, 06:42 AM
I'm sorry you're getting sick. I've been lucky and haven't been sick since starting IP so don't have any advice but I hope you feel better soon.

0/0/0 = fat/carbs/sugar (not calories)
The zero sugar items won't mess with ketosis.

Be sure to make yourself some good homemade chicken/veggie soup. I use book choy, celery, leeks, mushrooms. I roast a chicken first and use the carcass to make the broth. (Remove skin)
A rotisserie chicken could work in a pinch but don't forget they're injected with sugar solutions.
This is a great lunch and dinner when sick (split your meat protein)

Thanks!! This has been the worst year for our family for colds... I think all the changes in weather we have had has made it a weird year. Both my girls keep getting colds not the best thing for swimmers :(