WW Clubs and Groups - #286 Bale of Turtles Cranking it!!!!

Itryharder
03-07-2013, 09:55 AM
:carrot: :welcome3:We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
03-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi Turtles,
I started our new thread since #285 had gotten long. Check back there if you'd like since we had a nice flurry of posts in the last couple of days.

Keep on keepin' on! Onward and Downward. WE're doing this. :bravo:
Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone and happy Thursday! today is the hubs birthday so we are going out to supper this evening, a steak house that has wonderful fish dishes also so I am excited!

Judy: I hear you about the motivation and how it increases when we are losing and goes the down as we stop losing... what a horrible cycle we get ourselves into!

Hope you all have a great day!

Itryharder
03-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi Turtles,
So far, so good today. Even though the snow is making me hungrier than usual (and in July I'll tell you the heat and sunny days make me crave foods lol), I made myself a cup of tea and am okay now. Yay.

Princess, :hb: to your dh. Enjoy the dinner out. Sounds like a good place to go.

Everybody, keep on doing what makes sense. We all have the dream of reaching goal. Let's make it a reality.
Judy

Itryharder
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Hi Turtles,
today is another good day. The scale is heading in the right direction and this can be done. Yay.

Hope you all have a good day. It is still snowing here, but luckily the high winds haven't done any damage. I have a feeling this "snowstorm" would be considered a "dusting" by our Canadian friends.

:goodvibes: to all !
Judy

Princess1122
03-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone and happy Saturday to you all... lazy afternoon here, just going thru WW cook books planning tomorrows B-Day lunch for the hubs.

Went to weigh in this morning but did not say for the meeting, the place was packed and we had things to do so headed out for the day. I was down 1.2 lbs so was happy with that.

Hope everyone is having a great day and an enjoyable weekend!

Itryharder
03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Princess, :goodscale: that is a great weight loss! Weigh to go! :balloons:
:bravo:
It's great to go through recipe books to get new ideas and make tasty dishes. Enjoy your family get together for dh's :hb:

Going to an open house celebration for our friend's 70th. birthday party.
I think her daughters who live in Germany are coming in for the surprise.
I know her sons will be there. I don't know how they kept it a surprise, but the kids worked hard to pull this off. As far as food, I had a very satisfying lunch and we intend to eat dinner at home. We'll go, enjoy the company and then head back home. Wish me luck!

Judy

Princess1122
03-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you all are having a fantastic day!

bandit2
03-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi turtles

Judy - making the fascinators was fun, something different. Lots of these ladies are crafty (not me) so was good to get out and learn something new.
Glad you are working your programme, keep up the good work

Princess - congrats on your weight loss this week, awesome!

We are getting some rain now, which for me is a welcome change from the snow. I still have lots of snow in my driveway and yard, but is starting to melt.

Had another birthday dinner Fri with my gfs which was nice and very delicious, but lots of heavy carbs over the weekend & with losing an hour sleep feel extra sluggish.

It is final week of our Tops 6 week challenge & I have only lost 1# and turtled the last 4 weeks. My partner has done better (she lost 3) so
will be interesting to see who won.

Has anyone been watching "The Following"? I love Kevin Bacon and this is
kind of creepy/thriller type show, lots of surprses.

All - have a great week at the scales.

Princess1122
03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Happy Sleepy Rainy Monday to you all! Like Bandit said, too many carbs,etc and the time change has made Susan a very sleepy girl on this Monday afternoon!

Have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
03-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Hi, good to hear from you!
Same here. So sleepy around three o'clock, but perked up.
Sending :goodvibes: for us all to get and stay OP. We can do this!
Judy

Princess1122
03-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone and happy Tuesday to u all - busy weekend and not feeling well yesterday so I have not been doing my walking but will try it today.

We are planning a week of vacation for next month - heading to Florida - more than anything I want to feel good for the trip and exercise and eating well will help with that - weighing less would be great but feeling good and being able to enjoy the beach and weather would make it a perfect vacation for me.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan as best they can - none of us are perfect but we can do our personal best!

Princess1122
03-13-2013, 06:31 AM
Happy snowy Wednesday to everyone!

I am so ready for spring to arrive!

Princess1122
03-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Not sure if it is snowy and cold where you are but it is here... made this last night for the second time and both times it came out great and the hubs liked it too!

Crock Pot Potato Soup:
32 oz bag cubed hash brown potatoes - frozen kind
32 oz FF chicken broth
1 can 98% FF Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
black pepper to taste
8 oz low fat cream cheese

1 cup serving = 3 points

Add the top 7 ingredients to your crockpot and cook on high for about 4 hours then turn down to low for the remainder of your cooking time which for me is the rest of the day and I normally start it before work in the morning.... you can just put it on low if you are going to be gone all day and it will be fine also.

add the cream cheese and cook for an additional 30 minutes, then server.

Got this from my weight watchers leader a couple of weeks ago, it is very good!

bandit2
03-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi turtles

Princess - your soup recipe looks really good & would hit the spot
on a cold day, printed it out and set to give it a try maybe on the weekend.
I awoke to snow as well, but didn't last long - nice and sunny now with
clear roads.

Hope everyone is feeling better today and not so groggy.
Have been on track all week, so feeling not so bloated & got a good nights
sleep which has helped.

All - hope you are staying on track & drinking your water!

Itryharder
03-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi Turtles,
So glad to see you gals chiming in.
Princess, here's :goodvibes: that you feel better and get to where you want to be with energy for your vacation. Sounds like a good plan.

Bandit, glad you're finally catching up with the time change and are OP and on track. Always great to hear and that leads to :goodscale:

I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. Eating much too much and just being silly about it. I think I'll go back to counting points plus and leave the Simply Filling program for awhile. It does work for me, but then I "blow out" and that never works. The weather here is sunny so that 's a good thing. Our snow is mostly gone and I'm looking forward to a beautiful spring. We're doing a bit of work around the house----replacing a fence and stuff like that----not exciting, but it will make our home look better.

Have a great day. Chime in when you can!!!!
Judy
Oh, my WI was up, but at least I got on the scale.

Princess1122
03-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday!!! So glad it finally arrived - long week and next week is going to be even busier!

Went to TOPS last night - they elected officers, etc and it was good to see everyone. I was down at weigh in there but still up from my lowest weight so will keep at it.

Judy: sounds like you have a plan in place for eating and the home improvements will help keep you busy and your mind occupied which is wonderful - come on spring!!!

Bandit: how is your week going? Any big plans for the weekend? Bet your ready for the warm weather and trips to the lake!

bandit2
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Morning, turtles

Princess - we also had elections last night. I did not stand for any positions but offered to be assistant weight recorder for the year, so hopefully that will be OK.
I have "turtled" for the last 5 weeks. Our 6 weeks team challenge has been extended since there was no winner (you had to lose at least 8# between a 2
person team) So first team to reach that will win. Hopefully, it will be over next week. Hate dragging these contests on.

I am on holidays this next week and looking forward to getting clothes organized and more de-cluttering done around the house in between
lots of outtings with friends, getting my hair done, playing cards and have a birthday party (for all the March birthdays) and a dance next Saturday.
So lots to do.

Judy - hope your home improvements are going well.

I am looking forward to being home for the week - also have my dd cat since she is in Florida so that is fun. I think everyone should have a March break,
our winters are too long without it.

All - hope you are doing great!

Itryharder
03-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi Turtles,
I can completely understand a break in March. Bandit, enjoy every minute.

I get the bit about cleaning out closets. I did a couple and feel much better.
On my way to get my hair cut this morning, I cleaned my stairs. It took less than 5 minutes and the difference is noticeable. I've been picking up bits and pieces of little jobs around the house and it's a big help in decluttering my mind. I also am back to crocheting which helps me to relax.
The fence project is going well. It would be great if they could finish today.
They thought they'd need two days, but I'm wondering because they have so much done already.

Princess, I've got a busy week next week also. I'll have to plan my food carefully. Good for you for good WI. :goodscale: I'm nowhere near my low point and at that I wasn't at goal. Somehow I went up 15-18# when I wasn't looking and that weight just isn't budging. I know I have to exercise.
Well, today has been good. Hey, did you guys know that Wendy's offers a pecan and apple 1/2 salad and it has chicken and is only 5 points plus? I think it's pretty tasty and I'm not a salad fan.

Okay, that's it from me. All the Turtles, new and older members, chime in when you can. Bandit and Princess, so glad you're here daily. It's a great boost to log in and see you here trying hard and doing your best.
Judy
234.6/199.6/thinner as fast as I can!!!!! :cool: One pound at a time.

Princess1122
03-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Happy St Pattys day everyone! Went to weigh in yesterday and was up 2.2 lbs but with TOM and all I guess it makes sense but is never fun to see no matter what the cause. I will keep at it!

Cold and gloomy here - come on spring!!!

Itryharder
03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
We're all keeping at it.
Had a nice St. Patty's Day party here, then went to circus the next day. All fun, but my eating is out of whack again. ugh.

:goodvibes: to everyone. Have a great day.
Here's to onward and downward.
Judy

Princess1122
03-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone - so cold here, hard to believe that spring is here tomorrow... Thinking Mother Nature is conflicted!

Anyway - long day today so early night to bed for me but for now I am going to pick up my knitting needles and have some down time.

Judy:St. Pattys party sounds fun! Take care and don't stress-just do your best and before you know it you will be back at it!!!!

Snowtopper
03-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone, Can I join your group? I've been doing ww on my own for about a month now. I've had my ups and downs, but I'm on track this week so far. :)

Itryharder
03-20-2013, 12:41 PM
:welcome3: Snowtopper. Of course you can join us! Nice group of gals.
I'm struggling right now, but there is always someone doing well here. In the meantime we offer support and ask for help. Let us know somethng about yourself and we'll share too. Good luck!!!! Being on track is :bravo:

Judy,
Having a tough time. Lots of stress and some emotional eating. Will all calm down soon, I'm sure. Best to everyone!

bandit2
03-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi turtles - still chugging along up here and trying to keep warm.
Sunny today but last few days have had on/off flurries and Mon night
went bowling & when I came out the roads were terrible. But did not have to shovel which was a blessing.
Enjoying my week off keeping busy with lots of housework and activities with friends.
Tonight we have our Tops awards night with potluck dinner - signed up to bring meat since there was a shortage of that on list. Thinking maybe get some roasted turkey & roast beef sliced up (already a ham coming) & that should go with any of the casserole dishes as well.

Weight not great - the old up/down thing going on. Our 6 week challenge was extended so no team lost 8#, so really hoping that will finish up tonight.
My team won't be winning, I have "turtled" the last 5 weeks. Anyway, ready to wrap that contest up.

Princess/Judy - sorry to hear the scales are not co-operating. We all seem to be in the same place with struggling. Maybe its the winter thinking, feeling sluggish, trying to stay warm and just feeling abit lazy - add that up and we get "scales up"
I really need a good re-set thing with menu & exercise.
I know we can all do this because we have before, so lets get organized with
proper menus, regular exercise of some kind and start again.

Good luck, everyone!

Itryharder
03-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Bandit, love the :cheer: You've got the right idea. Today was a good day for me. The challenge is making tomorrow another good day.

We can do this. One baby step at a time. I am working on tracking my points plus. Getting to be really good at it.

Today I started the day with a hot cross bun that was 7 points plus. But then for lunch, I had a 1 points plus salad and that gave me wiggle room for dinner which I thoroughly enjoyed. Having the daylight last longer is helping so much. I'm not snacking at night as much as i had been. Every little bit helps!!!

Best of everything to all of us.
Judy

bandit2
03-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Morning, turtles

Snowtopper - welcome to our group! Always nice to have new gals join in.

Judy - good for you for getting back on track, and being accountable.

We had out awards potluck last night which was nice. And finally a team won the contest, so glad that is over. It was a good challenge but my team didn't do as well as I had hoped.

Going into Tor this a.m. to get my hair done (long overdue) and am looking forward to that since last 2 times I got it done here where I live and just not the same. I know I pay more in Tor but totally worth it - better job and nicer products for sure.

Well, I told you I had "turtled" for 5 weeks and with being off this week and going out more (including show popcorn) I was up 2# at the scale last night.
I also have a dinner out tonight at German restaurant, which I know will be high in points. So, for sure after that I really need to get back on track
with everything.

Princess - how are you doing?

All - have a great weekend.

Princess1122
03-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Hello everyone and happy Friday to you all - still very cold here and a snow storm on its way - because we just have not gad enough winter weather this year!!!! SNORT!!!

Looks like everyone is having challenges - which means we need to get back on our WW wagons again and get moving!!!

Welcome Snow to our group we r thrilled to have you with us!

Bandit- enjoy your hair dresser appointment - you deserve it!

Judy- hang in there - I have faith that you will be back on track and working the program!

life4evr
03-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey everyone. I am back. Work is going fine. I am still loosing weight. I have to start remember to track my food. I am looking at gyms to join again. Does anyone use the active link or whatever it is called interestred in anyone's opinion about that.

I am still snacking most of the night but I don't take junk food with me and I am too cheap to hit up the vending machine.

So I have lost like 20# overall since i started working. I am finally starting to notice. some scrubs that were too small now fit which is a good thing. Hope everyone is well. I am trying to actually remember to do small meals instead of big ones. I will try to check in on my off days since the days I work. I mostly work and sleep. So if you see a post from about 3 am I am probably at work taking my "lunch break."

Hope everyone is well. Have a goodnight.

Snowtopper
03-23-2013, 12:19 PM
life4evr... I know exactly what you mean about the snack machines. I'm the same way. Every once in a blue moon I'll be starved in the afternoon. Get my money and head for the machine. Then I look at the size of the stuff and nothing healthy in there and go back to my desk and starve. Lately I've been keeping a big bag of sliced almonds with me in my lunch bag. I eat them only if I'm in a pinch. Works for me. Your doing great on your journey.

As for myself. I've been trying to be accountable for what I eat. Although I think I over did it last night with the home made taco's. Salt retention today. But I didn't put any salt in there, only my own spices. Must be the taco shells and salsa.
I've come up with a new desert that really helps my chocolate crave. I get the chocolate Vita-Tops (3) points. And I drizzle Waldren Farm caramel sauce on top. Just a smidgen. And I eat it real slow to savor every bite. (mainly because it's small). Hopefully my water will be gone by Monday.:D

Itryharder
03-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi Turtles,
Snowtopper-----thanks for the great dessert tip. Sounds delish. When VitaTops went from 1 point to 3 points plus I gave up eating them. Duh.
So now I am glad to be reminded that they have a place in my eating plan.
Thanks!

Life4evr, holy moly----how fast your life has turned around. Weigh to go!
From student to worker to weight loss. Fantastic! :bravo: and :goodscale:
I can't tell you how thrilled I was to read your post. Keep on chiming in when you can.

Bandit, yep---I drive out of my way to get my hair done too. Not only does she do a great job, but she also is a great therapist! Lol. Here's to getting and keeping on track.

Princess, oh--you're not tired of the snow yet? Lol. We are expecting some here tomorrow again. Not as bad as you guys, so I won't complain. I do remember at least two Easters here on Long Island where we had lots of snow. Good luck on the weight loss journey!

Everybody, Terri and Cherry and all the gals, chime in when you can.
I keep fighting it every day. Can't wait to get back to walking on the boardwalk. Right now my dh isn't feeling well and I'm running up and down stairs to check on him. Does that count as exercise? :exercise: Lol.

Okay, here's to a good day for everyone. I'm trying to remember baby steps. I used to drink plenty of water and I've even given that up. Not smart. :idea: so I'll work on that today.
Judy
234.6/too much/180's and thinner :cool:

Snowtopper
03-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Happy Sunday to all! I went to a party last night. I had a good late breakfast and had 21 point left. I'm not sure of the points I had at the party but I think it was over that with the cake and ice cream.:dizzy:
I woke up with a good attitude this morning so I should be ok today. We may go to Subway today for lunch but I'll get something in my point range. I'm determined not to blow it this week. I want to see a good loss this Saturday.:coffee:

Hope everyone has a nice day. And back to work tomorrow for some of us. Which for me is easier to stay on program.

Princess1122
03-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Hi everyone and happy Sunday evening to you all! Super snowy here but overall it has been a very nice weekend. I went to dinner last night with my girl friends and made the best choice I could and had a good time. Went and met the kids for lunch today and again made the best choice I could. I was down 1.4 at weigh in yesterday bug it does not make up got the gain last week so need to make sure I have a solid week this week and get my exercise in!

Have a great week everyone!

Itryharder
03-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Hi Turtles,
Snowtopper, love your attitude! Having 21 points plus available going to a party is really smart. Here's good luck for an OP week and a :goodscale:

Princess, it's nice to eat well and still have a good time. Glad the scale went down and this week you can do it again. :goodscale:

Well, we're still expecting snow. Now that dh is feeling better, my food has been better. Emotional eating is still my biggest problem, but I'm working on it.

:goodvibes: to everyone..
Judy
Oh, at least the scale stopped moving up. That's my first baby step.

bandit2
03-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Morning, turtles

Princess - great being down at the scale, keep it going!

Judy - glad your dh is feeling better, I am like you when tense about things I seem to snack continuously. My dd just got back yesterday from Florida and since they drove, I was nervous seeing the storms on TV. But she
is home safely and I feel so much better. As a mother, we all worry about our children no matter their age.

Snowtopper - great job on planning ahead!

All - hope you are doing great.

Myself - feeling better and have all my food/snacks with me.
But had a challenge at work - there was a plate of goodies on my desk
when I arrived today, so I picked out 2 small pieces and put the rest
in lunchrrom. If I kept it on my desk, my end of day I know I would have eaten all of it.

Have a great day, everyone!

terrod99
03-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Hey Gals!
Hope you are all well, no time to read through posts!
Super busy since getting back from vacation! Still having computer problems the men folk are working on it!!!
So trying to get back on track, the weather is getting nicer so it is motivating,
So still here and not giving up!! Keepin at it!

Terri

Princess1122
03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Hello all and happy Wednesday to you all! Still pretty cold here but they are calling for rain on Easter so that means that the temps will be above freezing at least! Yah!

This week I have been hungry and tired so had to force myself to get my exercise in yesterday because I had not the three days before and it was making everything worse! The scale is up a bit so am working on that.

Judy: TOTALLY understand about the stress eating! In the beginning of my husbands illness I was going a million miles a minute trying to be at the hospital, home to take care of the dogs and work 9-10 hours a day so I had no time to think about food and lost but then things got into a rhythm and he came home from the hospital and we just stayed in and I ate... and ate some more... ugh. You hang in there, you DH is getting better so that means you will be able to concentrate on you for a while... yah!

Bandit: Drive.... from Florida to Canada! OMG! That is one long drive! We are going to make the drive here in a couple of weeks but I think ours is a bit shorter than yours would be... so glad she made it home safe and sound... You are so good to take just two pieces of goodies and get rid of the rest... LOL, not sure I would have had that kind of strength!

Terri: Glad to see you are doing ok and hope you enjoyed your vacation!

Life: So good to see you posting, hope you are getting a bit of time for yourself!

Snow: Hope your week is going well!

Itryharder
03-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi Turtles,
Read all your posts and will reply soon. Dh is feeling better, but my weight keeps climbing. You're doing great. :goodvibes: to all.
Judy

bandit2
03-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi turtles

Beautiful sunny day up here, a little cool but lovely. Was just outside feeing the birds/squirels and felt great just to be outside. I have little purple flowers coming up in my garden (my gf planted stuff when she sold her house) and I am not a gardener so not sure what these are, maybe crocus.
Still nice to see little spots of bright purple.

Terri - nice to see you posting again

Princess - Yes, it is a far drive for sure and as I said, I was glad they got home safely since they went through a wicked storm.

Judy - glad to hear your dh is on the mend. That is very stressful when loved ones are not well.

All - I am with Judy with the scale not going down. Last night at Tops I stayed same again (which is better than being up) but really need to drop
some weight, I notice my pants are feeling alittle snug and that is sure sign to smarten up. I think the biggest change has been me not walking.
When I went to walking centre I was going 3 times a week and walked 3 miles each time, then I hurt my knee and haven't really been doing any exercise. So now that my knee is somewhat better, I really need to get my butt in gear and my running shoes on & get to it.

So my goal this week is to stay within my points plus walk 2 times.

All - have a great Easter weekend!

Itryharder
03-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Bandit, I hope you can exercise soon. It's so tricky because you don't want to re-injure the knee, but the exercise helps us to feel better too.

Hey Turtles, good news!!! My dd had her baby daughter last night. I drove her to the hospital when she wasn't feeling well. Her husband met us there.
She and baby, most darling I must say, are doing fine. I'm so glad the stress from the pregnancy is over. Now we may all get tired with the new baby, but it'll be a good tired.

Hopefully I can get my food back in order now.
Wishing you all a Happy Easter and a lovely day.
Judy

Princess1122
04-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone and happy Monday to you all... ugh, I did not want to get up today... LOL - could have stayed in bed for a long time this morning. Went to WI on Saturday but did not stay for the meeting as we had a lot going on over the weekend. Was down .2 - not great but at least it was not a gain!

Judy: Congrats to you and your family on your new budle of joy! How exciting for you all! I hope that things calm down for you and you are able to focus on you for a bit.

Bandit: Hope your weekend was fabulous!

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi Turtles,
Good to hear from you Princess, and :balloons: :bravo: and :goodscale:
When the scale goes down we all :cheer:

I'm beat this morning too. Heading out to buy something for my daughter and then will go see her in the late afternoon. She's doing okay, baby is doing very well! Things are starting to settle down a bit.

Okay Gals, onward and downward. That's our goal and our aim. We can do this!
Judy
234.6/???/thinner :cool:

Princess1122
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Happy Thursday all!!! I over ate this weekend and the scale is showing just what bad choices I made! Ugh! I don't know when I will make it to weigh in again due to vacation coming up and I have a million things to do this weend and will be away for the following two Saturdays sooo I need to use that time wisely!

I have been doing the 3 mile walk away the pounds DVDs 4 times a week - don't know how much it is doing but I feel sooo good afterwards and that is what counts!

Everyone must be busy and I hope things are going great - warmer weather seems to be on its way - yeah!!!

Take care everyone!

bandit2
04-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Hi turtles

Judy- glady to hear your dd and grandchild are doing well, always a relief

Princess - nice job on the walking! I love those Leslie Sansone tapes!
I walked outside 2 times this week for a total of 98 min which I counted as
4.9 miles. Not great - but its a start since I haven't really walked since last Oct before I hurt my knee. The walking will definately help make the scales go down.

Beautiful day up here today seeing it was snowing yesterday morning.
Seriously woke up to more snow (it didn't last but still, enough)

So tonight is my first night in the weight room at Tops, so hopefully that
will go OK. My home scale is up - with all the snacking on the weekend, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

All - have a great evening!

Itryharder
04-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, keep up the walking. It makes you feel good about the effort.
:tread:
Bandit, I'm with you and the snow. Our is finally gone. We've had sunny but chilly days. Spring is on its way. Good luck at the WI.

I had a decent day today . Need to repeat that. We can do this!

Best of everything to all. :goodvibes:
Judy
234.6/202/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
04-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Hey everyone. So i have gained like four pounds. I am pretty sure some of it was related alot of salty food. Still haven't found a gym. I have to remember to actually pay attention to what I am eating. The weight is creeping back on. I am looking for a gym. Or probably decent workout DVD, any suggestions on that one.

Yes this snap of cold weather is not very nice and itsn't motivating me to do much of anything.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a goodnight.

Work is going well.

bandit2
04-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi Turtles

Princess - hope you keep up your walking, feeling good is part of making this journey work.

Judy - yes, it is cold again today and tiny bit of snow dropping but hopefully it will brighten up. Poor birds probably don't know what is going on.

Life - My weight goes up immediately if I overdo the salt, especially chinese - I usually gain 3# overnight. Good luck on finding a gym - in meantime, try
going for some walks - even little ones will help.

Well, as suspected I was up .75# last night and with Easter only 1 member was down so not good. I did OK in the weight room, only challenge was I didn't know lots of the members last names so that will take abit to make finding their chart easier.
So our new executive started last night & we have a new leader - so hoping
for some new motivation and different programmes to shake things up.

My goal this week is to get in at least 2 walks, stay within my points and
eat out less. Too many food functions have caught up with me, so have
to be more choosey about those.

All - have a great weekend!

Itryharder
04-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi Turtles,
I don't know what's going on this winter, but we've been doing this thread on www.3fatchicks.com for a long time and it's tough that we're all struggling . Okay, I put that out there. Here's some cheery news: I found an old diet plan that is not harsh. It doesn't have you drop weight quickly or anything, but it does help you feel healthy. Wish me luck.

Life4evr, yeah---me too. Salty foods and I'm up 3#. It helps me when I drink lots of water that night and next day. Seems to flush out the excess salt. Sending you good vibes. Do you have a minute to get to your library?
My library has lots of DVD's or CD's for exercise. maybe you could check out several and try them out. Anyway, variety helps with :exercise:

Bandit, I hear you about eating out. Even when I am super careful food in restaurants just doesn't work for me. I'd have to leave hungry from my meal to not gain weight. Maybe you can get your friends to do some other activities instead of always eating out.

Right now my dh is ready to eat the program I am trying and that will help.

Wishing everyone :goodvibes: and :goodscale: I know we can do this. It's funny, but spring is having a hard time bursting through here. My crocuses are up and the daffodils are opening so I have something pretty to look at in the bleak backyard. The flowers are a good sign.

Terri and Princess and Cherry and all the Turtles and our new members who thought they'd try this site: Best of everything to you!!!! good luck.

Judy

bandit2
04-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Hi turtles

Judy - interested to hear how your old food plan will work. If it is something you can stick with & is healthy, even though weight loss is slow - it will be good. I really think we need to change things up now & then.

Does anyone else have a hard time getting rid of clutter, old clothes etc?
I tell you - I get all physed up but then really have a problem with letting go of things. A few weeks ago, I was on a roll and did get rid of lots of junk.
But today, I thought I would go through one of my closets (yes, there are several since I live alone and accumulate/save lots of old clothes) and ended up with 1/2 a large bag which was mostly from the drawers.
I tried to talk myself into thinking these things would help others, but still
I have this thinking that some day I will need it for something.
It is ridiculous. So really have to work on this problem, along with my weight loss.

But, today I did give a mattress to my mom that she can use in her spare room, so that was good. Plus had a nice visit with her.

Sunny day up here - making a pork tenderloin & turnip for my dinner.
So will have leftovers for during the week as well.

All - lets have a successful week!

Princess1122
04-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Happy Sunday turtles! Nice sunny and fairly warm here so it was a nice weekend - lots to do to get ready to leave for vacation so this will be a busy week ahead.

Went to weigh in and was down a pound which was very surprising since I are a ton of candy, etc. I am sure it will catch up with me soon - it always does!

Bandit: I have a very hard time getting rid of things also but that us a goal for this spring as we are overloaded and cluttered. Good luck!

Judy: I agree - a change is good from time to time so best wishes to you on your new plan!

Life: how are you doing - did you have a good weekend?

All: I need a good book or two to read for vacation - any suggestions?

Have a great week everyone!

Itryharder
04-09-2013, 09:33 AM
My favorite book that I've read over the last couple of years is "What Alice Forgot". It was really good. A book I loved but some of my friends hated was "Gone Girl". At the very least it was an interesting read! "The Light Between Two Oceans" is a simple and moving book. You might like that too.

As far as clutter, two of my sisters have this situation and two of us don't.
I have given away things that I wished I had saved but it happens so seldom that I can only think of one time that happened. Also, my clothing doesn't pile up too much (except now it does because I'm between sizes--ugh) because I really try to give away a piece of clothing when I buy something new. My church comes by every month or so and I keep a growing collection of things we don't need any more. Tips: anything I give away can be replaced. If it's sentimental but you really don't have any use for it and it's damaged and unusable you can take a photo of it and then give it away. You don't want to forget the sentiment, but you don't need the item. Hey, I love the site www.flylady.net. She has incredibly good ideas on reducing clutter. She believes we can do anything 15min. at a time and she is right. Just a thought. Reducing clutter and reducing weight are a lot alike. I say this for myself: I'm good at getting rid of clutter because it makes me feel so much better. As far as weight, I am so much happier with myself when I'm down 20# from where I am now. Struggling to get passed the immediate satisfaction for the long term goal. Any tips?

princess, have a great vacation. :beach: I love that your weight is down.
Maybe it'll surprise you and stay down. That would be nice.

Bandit, thanks for chatting about de-cluttering. It made me think about my weight loss. So far so good with my healthy eating plan. I'm not hungry and although I have cravings I am losing a smidge here and there.

Okay, everybody----have a good day. Spring is here in NY....at least for today!
Best and :goodvibes:
Judy

bandit2
04-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - thanks for all the information. I found out about flylady a couple of years ago, but it has just been the last month that I have been using her site and daily emails/reminders which I love. I never thought I would enjoy someone telling me what I should be doing everyday - but surprise, I do.
Lots of great tips & the 15 min/daily is absolutely doable for everyone.
Also I ordered some of those purple rags & rubba-scrubba thing, so excited to see if they are as good as testimonials.
Your thoughts about the clutter are spot on - and I think will help me with letting this old stuff go - seriously, especially the clothes are outdated and
should be out of my closet.

Princess - nice job on being down at the scale. Even little bits are great!

All - sunny day up here, loving it since they are calling for some more colder weather starting tomorrow & even mentioned that nasty 4 letter word
SNOW - really, someone doesn't know its April!

Have a great Tuesday.

Itryharder
04-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi Turtles,
Yes, Bandit, I've known about flylady for a long time. She has crept into my thoughts. Luckily my dh does not make a lot of mess in the house and even when he does within a day or two he's got it taken care of. I love that she says housecleaning is blessing your house. Sure, I'd love to live somewhere where someone else cleaned and cooked, etc. but she puts things in perspective. Glad you love the daily reminders. I have to get back to them.
When I was in a routine, I'd turn on my computer, do the daily whatever, and then I could check out my other e-mails, etc. Good habit to get into for me and now that you're mentioning it, I'll do that again. Thanks! What I have found is the house stays neat as long as I pick up after myself. Then the actual "cleaning" doesn't take much time since the clutter is gone or at least under control. Whew! i can be very long- winded. Lol

Okay, food today is good. WI is tomorrow. I'm hoping for a downward turn.

:goodvibes: to all of us!
Judy

bandit2
04-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi Judy - just following her routines (not 100%) has made a big difference
and if I get my clothes/basement cleared out, then that will be even better.
I actually have found 2 bags of money with organizing. One was a bag of rolled coins (almost $60) and the other was $180 worth of american money.
So that was a pleasant surprise. And I set up a file folder for my house stuff and was pleasantly surprised it was easy to find a contact number my mom needed for her bathroom. Before, I would have looked all over the place.
And I am not going crazy with this - just kind of as things come up, deal with them and put them away where they should be.
Also the anti-procrastination thing has really helped, especially little things I was putting off. Tonight I went and ordered up wine that I have had a coupon for 3 months & was going to expire soon. Before, I probably wouldn't have remembered I had the coupon or wouldn't be able to find it.

I am impressed with all the tips etc.

Have a great evening!

Princess1122
04-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Just a quick hello - crazy busy here with work and trying to get ready to leave for vacation but wanted to stop by and say hello and have a great week!

I will check in when I can but will be away so I don't expect to be online much!

Take care everyone!

Itryharder
04-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, so glad you find flylady helpful. I love her and do the home blessing each Monday and even listen to her iPodcast. It's fun and she talks me through the housecleaning. I have to get back to doing more. You are inspiring me!! :idea:

Princess, have a great vacation :beach: and enjoy yourself. We'll miss you, but will be happy to have you back when you return.

Cherry and Life and Terri and everyone, :goodvibes:
I'm still having trouble with my weight and making it a priority. Gotta do better. :goodscale:

Judy

life4evr
04-12-2013, 05:02 AM
Hey everyone so I got hit with the flu or some kind of upper respiratory infection. Had me knocked out for like two days. Thought I was going to have to make a trip to the ER. I am finally on the mend I went to the dr and got excuses a couple of days from work. My bp was surprisingly good. Hope everyone is well.

Itryharder
04-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Life4evr, sorry you got hit with such a bad bug. Glad you're feeling better and BP was so good. Thanks for keeping in touch.
:goodvibes:
I'll start a new thread soon.
Everybody have a good and OP weekend.
Judy

Itryharder
04-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Hi Turtles,
I started a new thread at #287. Bale of Turtles Moving Forward. Wishing us all the best. Keep up the good work. Get where you want to be. Lend support whenever you can!!!!
Judy