Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/7/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/7/2013

lisa32989
03-07-2013, 06:35 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Spiritman
03-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Offically WI for the week was done this morning - another -2 pounds for a grand total of -20 pounds for the week. Extremely happy with the results thus far.

Wifey has her WI this afternoon with her coach. She has been losing more inches than poundage in the last three weeks - still continues to look good in all regards.

Other than that it's work as usual and one step closer to the weekend. Have a great day everyone.

lovetorun3
03-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Offically WI for the week was done this morning - another -2 pounds for a grand total of -20 pounds for the week. Extremely happy with the results thus far.

Wifey has her WI this afternoon with her coach. She has been losing more inches than poundage in the last three weeks - still continues to look good in all regards.

Other than that it's work as usual and one step closer to the weekend. Have a great day everyone.

Congratulations ~ that's great! :D

mrskuby
03-07-2013, 08:07 AM

That's great! And I thought 18 lbs was a record!! And your wife is doing this with you! You are so fortunate to be doing this together! Fingers crossed for her WI!!

WI this morning and after a slow down for the last few weeks and a slight gain last week...-4.4 LBS!!!!!!:carrot::cb::encore::broc::woohoo:

Holy Toledo Batman!!! I thought losses like that were only in the beginning! I know I don't have as much to lose so I expected to fight for every pound...but this week the Whoosh fairy was generous!!!

Last night I made tofu Alfredo...it was great! DH doesn't like tofu but he really liked the Alfredo. I used 1/4 cup of quality parm cheese in the sauce but I figured that since I wasn't using any meat that would count as fat content. The recipe made 4 servings so I ate about 1/16th of a cup of the cheese. I added mushrooms, scallions and a whole bunch of swiss chard (instead of spinach) and I had it over roasted cauliflower (DH had pasta but it doesn't even bother me to cook that for him). Very yummy!!!

heritagesoftail
03-07-2013, 08:21 AM

Wow -20 lbs in a week ! Congrats :carrot:

SylviesGirl
03-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Morning, All -- I was thrown off by the incorrect date on today's post. Anyone else feel like they were having a Groundhog-Day moment? :D

Spiritman -- Fantastic! Wishing your wife good success as well!

MrsKuby -- Wow, 4.4!!?? I know you had a pretty unfair weigh-in last week, so this is so nice to see. Congrats!

I plan to do a bunch of cooking today to try to get ahead some. It will be nice to have some food on hand that is "grabbable."

Have a good day, all!

Lynnie63
03-07-2013, 09:16 AM
101 Pounds Gone Forever !!!!!!!!!!

DontGiveUp17
03-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Good Morning Lovely IP Folks!! I have to say I made some Chinese Fried "Rice" last night and it was soooo yummo!! I highly recommend it. I added mushrooms and used shrimp as my protein. Very, very good! Here's a link to a recipe but I think I've seen a recipe in the stickies for this before...

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/chinese_fried_rice.html

Also, if you navigate around this website, it has a bunch of low carb recipes, but make sure you pay attention to some of the ingredients. One of my favorite things to do is read a recipe and then alter it to the way it will fit into my lifestyle!

NSV for today.. the pants I have on are almost falling off of me and are dragging the floor because I've lost so many inches in my hips. Guess I need to go shopping!!

Awesome Lynnie! Wow is all I can say!!

And way to geaux Spiritman! You are rocking this lifestyle change!

Congrats mrskuby.. I know how you feel right now.. no loss last week, so I'm hoping for a little whoosh of some kind this week! ANd the tofu alfredo sounds yum.. I might have to try this and see if my boys will like it.

I hope you all have an amazing skinny-feeling day!! Keep Geauxing!!

Debrasb
03-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Good morning everyone. Congrats to Lynnie63! Amazing accomplishment.

I'm back in the office today for less than an hour--kid #2 is now sick. So I have been at work for less than 3 hours total this week. Why am I so tired :-)

Last night I spent time going through all of the alternative threads. After 6 months of just IP products, I'm thinking about weaving in a few alternative products to mix things up and lower my costs.

mrskuby
03-07-2013, 09:45 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bravo::woohoo::bravo:

Morning, All -- I was thrown off by the incorrect date on today's post. Anyone else feel like they were having a Groundhog-Day moment? :D

Spiritman -- Fantastic! Wishing your wife good success as well!

MrsKuby -- Wow, 4.4!!?? I know you had a pretty unfair weigh-in last week, so this is so nice to see. Congrats!

I plan to do a bunch of cooking today to try to get ahead some. It will be nice to have some food on hand that is "grabbable."

Have a good day, all!

Thanks! I'm pretty excited!

IDK if you like hummus but I made a batch of cauliflower hummus on Sunday and it's really good! You can eat it with celery or crisps.

Good Morning Lovely IP Folks!! I have to say I made some Chinese Fried "Rice" last night and it was soooo yummo!! I highly recommend it. I added mushrooms and used shrimp as my protein. Very, very good! Here's a link to a recipe but I think I've seen a recipe in the stickies for this before...

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/chinese_fried_rice.html

Also, if you navigate around this website, it has a bunch of low carb recipes, but make sure you pay attention to some of the ingredients. One of my favorite things to do is read a recipe and then alter it to the way it will fit into my lifestyle!

NSV for today.. the pants I have on are almost falling off of me and are dragging the floor because I've lost so many inches in my hips. Guess I need to go shopping!!

Awesome Lynnie! Wow is all I can say!!

And way to geaux Spiritman! You are rocking this lifestyle change!

Congrats mrskuby.. I know how you feel right now.. no loss last week, so I'm hoping for a little whoosh of some kind this week! ANd the tofu alfredo sounds yum.. I might have to try this and see if my boys will like it.

I hope you all have an amazing skinny-feeling day!! Keep Geauxing!!

Mmm, fried rice! I continue to be amazed at all of the things I can do with cauliflower! Now my latest thing is tofu! I'll be looking for new and exciting options for that too!

I am sending the whoosh fairy your way! Hopefully she makes it there in time for your WI!!! :D

simplelivingSD
03-07-2013, 09:58 AM

WI this morning and after a slow down for the last few weeks and a slight gain last week...-4.4 LBS!!!!!!:carrot::cb::encore::broc::woohoo:

Holy Toledo Batman!!! I thought losses like that were only in the beginning! I know I don't have as much to lose so I expected to fight for every pound...but this week the Whoosh fairy was generous!!!

Last night I made tofu Alfredo...it was great! DH doesn't like tofu but he really liked the Alfredo. I used 1/4 cup of quality parm cheese in the sauce but I figured that since I wasn't using any meat that would count as fat content. The recipe made 4 servings so I ate about 1/16th of a cup of the cheese. I added mushrooms, scallions and a whole bunch of swiss chard (instead of spinach) and I had it over roasted cauliflower (DH had pasta but it doesn't even bother me to cook that for him). Very yummy!!!

Holy crap Spiritman!!! That is astounding!!! You must be on cloud 9 :carrot:

Mrskuby that Alfredo sounds sooooo good right now. I might have to have that for lunch this weekend on the Proti-Thin Protein Fusilli (of course since it is just me I will use way less than 1/4c cheese)

Congrats Lynnie63!! I can't wait till I get there :)

I am soooo excited. My Nashua order with the liquid concentrated grape, fruit punch and orange drink comes today along with my IP brand cal/mag and potassium from that online place that sells them a little cheaper. Darned if I can remember the name off the top of my head??? I have a few bottles of Perrier unflavored water and can't wait to use them with the liquids. I miss fizzy flavor!! I would take grape juice or orange juice and mix with Perrier unflavored to get a yummy drink before IP.

Have a wonderful day everyone :D

MntRose
03-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Spiritman, MrsKuby and Lynnie63 just awesome work and well done to all of you!

Starting to feel a little bit sick here with a sore throat and ears that hurt, but its a beautiful day outside so I will be staying as positive as I can and drink lots of water.
I hope everyone has an awesome OP day!

funstaffordmom
03-07-2013, 10:36 AM
CONGRATS Spiritman & Lynnie!!!

I've been grumpy that first three days OP. Today being day four am feeling better! Not so grumpy and without headache. I didn't realize how addicted to carbs/sugar I was.

LizJazz
03-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone. Congrats to Lynnie63! Amazing accomplishment.

I'm back in the office today for less than an hour--kid #2 is now sick. So I have been at work for less than 3 hours total this week. Why am I so tired :-)

Last night I spent time going through all of the alternative threads. After 6 months of just IP products, I'm thinking about weaving in a few alternative products to mix things up and lower my costs.

I read thru the alternative threads and took notes. I ended up ordering from Nashuanutrition.com and the blueberry pancake I had this morning was a wonderful change!! Also, the peanut butter crunch by health smart is to die for!!

Spiritman
03-07-2013, 10:57 AM
CONGRATS Spiritman & Lynnie!!!

I've been grumpy that first three days OP. Today being day four am feeling better! Not so grumpy and without headache. I didn't realize how addicted to carbs/sugar I was.

My wife was grumpy too the first 4-5 days but has improved. She is still grumpy about not having chocolate and isn't liking the IP psuedo chocolate but she's a good sport.:)

leannekarella
03-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Congrats everyone on the losses!

Dealing with stress this last week has wrecked havoc on me. My weight is up...water retention, and uh...you know...not going.

Everything was settled with the car issue (full pay-off check in hand from insurance yesterday) so today, I'm feeling calm and ready to get back to watching what I'm doing. I haven't had enough water the last few days, I realized this morning when I feel bloated AND dehydrated.

Had my IP omelet this morning, my 1/2 cup coffee, and now I'm hitting the water and Smooth Move, and I should be fine by bedtime tonight!

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm relaxing today! :D

Debrasb
03-07-2013, 11:37 AM
I read thru the alternative threads and took notes. I ended up ordering from Nashuanutrition.com and the blueberry pancake I had this morning was a wonderful change!! Also, the peanut butter crunch by health smart is to die for!!

Thanks! That's just what I did, but I haven't ordered yet. Is the health smart peanut butter crunch similar to the IP one?

funstaffordmom
03-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Quick question, I read earlier that sugar-free gum is a no-no. If not, then why can we have splenda, stevia, sweet n lo, etc.?

IdealProteinNewbie
03-07-2013, 11:49 AM

YAY!!! I'm sooo happy for you. Sounds like you successfully jumped back on the IP bandwagon after your cruise!!!

Can't wait until I get there too :D

SylviesGirl
03-07-2013, 11:54 AM
I haven't had enough water the last few days, I realized this morning when I feel bloated AND dehydrated.

It seems completely unfair to be BOTH bloated AND dehydrated, bummer! Bottoms up!

SylviesGirl
03-07-2013, 11:57 AM
IDK if you like hummus but I made a batch of cauliflower hummus on Sunday and it's really good! You can eat it with celery or crisps.

I feel completely out of style when I say, I do not like hummus in the least. Wish I did, because it is good for you. Thanks, though. ;)

Now, fried rice . . . now we're talkin'!! :hun:

mrskuby
03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I feel completely out of style when I say, I do not like hummus in the least. Wish I did, because it is good for you. Thanks, though. ;)

Now, fried rice . . . now we're talkin'!! :hun:

Try the cauliflower fried rice...it's really good too! The hummus is a great option for me cause it doesn't have to be warmed up so I can eat it on the run if I need to. :dizzy:

SylviesGirl
03-07-2013, 12:13 PM
I keep working on this jicama-as-fried-apples concept. It tastes pretty good, but I can't get the jicama to soften up much for nothin'! I made a double batch yesterday, so I am about to go try the leftovers cold for lunch.

SylviesGirl
03-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Try the cauliflower fried rice...it's really good too! The hummus is a great option for me cause it doesn't have to be warmed up so I can eat it on the run if I need to. :dizzy:

I have yet to buy soy sauce, because I always thought it was no OP. I look for that soya sauce stuff, but I can never find it. Are you all using common soy sauce in this recipe?

LizJazz
03-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks! That's just what I did, but I haven't ordered yet. Is the health smart peanut butter crunch similar to the IP one?

It is exactly the same.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-07-2013, 01:00 PM
I have yet to buy soy sauce, because I always thought it was no OP. I look for that soya sauce stuff, but I can never find it. Are you all using common soy sauce in this recipe?

I use Kikoman Original soy sauce!

leannekarella
03-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Quick question, I read earlier that sugar-free gum is a no-no. If not, then why can we have splenda, stevia, sweet n lo, etc.?

Stevia and Splenda are okay, in moderation, on the diet. No Sweet n Low or Equal or Sugar Twin, etc. Supposed to completely avoid aspartame.

I still have a piece of gum now and then...Trident. Which has aspartame. There are xylotol sweetened gums that are supposed to be better for you, but I don't chew enough gum to go search for it.

My coach said that we were allowed equivalent to 4 packets of Splenda a day. They did talk about gum, and it was something like one piece a day.

I keep working on this jicama-as-fried-apples concept. It tastes pretty good, but I can't get the jicama to soften up much for nothin'! I made a double batch yesterday, so I am about to go try the leftovers cold for lunch.

I have yet to try this, but I read a recipe that said to slice the jicama, then layer it in a Tupperware and freeze it solid, then thaw it. It's supposed to be softer if you do that, and then you can use it like baked/fried apples.

I use the low sodium variety of Great Value (Walmart) brand. I like the soya flavor without the even more added salt. And the Walmart brand is quite a bit cheaper than the Kikkoman low sodium and to me tastes the same. You find it in either the Asian area of the grocery store, or in the pickle/vinegar/salad dressing aisle. Different in different places.

lisa32989
03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I use Bragg's Aminos

crazynette826
03-07-2013, 01:25 PM
:yay: Congrats!!!!! That's awesome!!! :yay:

Way to go!!!! :yay:
I use Spry gum. It's sweetened with xylitol, and is the only gum my coach recommends. I found it on Amazon, and at Wild Oats, a health food store. It's not bad. Doesn't last as long as some, but fixes my gum addiction.

sc1661cl
03-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Yesterday I saw a friend that I hadn't seen since starting IP and had no idea I had been dieting. He looked at me and said wow you don't even lookalike the same person! 35 lbs gone forever!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-07-2013, 01:32 PM
I use Cinnamon Trident, very occasionally.

It's sweetened with Sucralose (Splenda).

ladylunk
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM

Congratulations. What an accomplishment. Way to go!

I just get whatever low sodium soya sauce, but I do check the numbers on the back. Some have more carbs than others so whatever is the lowest I can find. I actually use it in much more than just the rice, I flavour many meats, or dips, roasts etc. with it.

Weigh in day and my oh my I almost wonder if I somehow tricked the scale this morning at the clinic. 6 pounds down! Came home and weighed and it already showed a 2 pound higher number, but will go with clinics scale and hope it holds for next week. It just feels not even real.......

mrskuby
03-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Quick question...in looking up tofu recipes I keep seeing "nutritional yeast" in the ingredients. Supposedly it adds a cheesy flavor. Does anyone use this? It's not 0/0/0 but if I was to use it in a tofu dish without meat, would that be okay?

The nutritional data for 1 oz: 79 cal;1g fat; 2g net carbs; 14g protein.

AnnaBoBanna
03-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone, insane losses from some people!

20 lbs in a week?! My head is spinning!

Yesterday I went to Chipotle and managed to not miss the burrito bowl I usually get with rice and beans. I opted for a salad, got extra romaine, then topped with peppers and onions, fresh salsas, and a bit of sour cream on the side instead of dressing (less carbs). So good!

I don't think I had enough water yesterday, or maybe not just as much as I usually drink. I usually drink three 32oz bottles but had one 32oz bottle and several glasses of water for lunch and dinner. So, today I am loading up! Just finished my first 32oz bottle and about to fill up. I love water.

evepet
03-07-2013, 02:17 PM

Most coaches allow some gum, but warn to be cautious and not overdo it. Most of the no sugar gums I've used have 1 carb/piece - so if you have too many pieces/day those carbs would soon add up.

mrskuby
03-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone, insane losses from some people!

20 lbs in a week?! My head is spinning!

Yesterday I went to Chipotle and managed to not miss the burrito bowl I usually get with rice and beans. I opted for a salad, got extra romaine, then topped with peppers and onions, fresh salsas, and a bit of sour cream on the side instead of dressing (less carbs). So good!

I don't think I had enough water yesterday, or maybe not just as much as I usually drink. I usually drink three 32oz bottles but had one 32oz bottle and several glasses of water for lunch and dinner. So, today I am loading up! Just finished my first 32oz bottle and about to fill up. I love water.

Oooh, good thinking on the sour cream...I've been thinking of going to Margaritas for dinner tomorrow and wondering how I could make my salad still taste Mexican. I could have guac on the side and just dip my fork in it...not perfect but it might satisfy my cravings!:p

Suchawittygal
03-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Wow!! 101 lbs GONE??!! CONGRATS!! Way to go :carrot::carrot:

20 lbs in ONE WEEK?! Holy crap! that's GREAT!!

I did a bit of an experiment this morning...my hand specialist cut my cast off yesterday to take a look at my thumb at my pre-op consult, then she put it back on and ssecured it with an ace bandage. Well, this morning I weighed myself BEFORE I took the cast off for a shower and I was at 149.6, then I took the cast off and i was 148.8, so now I KNOW my cast weighs ALMOST 1 lb :D I found that kind of interesting.

Also, I'm pretty darn happy I'm having a WHOOSH week! We'll see exactly how many pounds tomorrow morning when I weigh-in.

evepet
03-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Quick question...in looking up tofu recipes I keep seeing "nutritional yeast" in the ingredients. Supposedly it adds a cheesy flavor. Does anyone use this? It's not 0/0/0 but if I was to use it in a tofu dish without meat, would that be okay?

I'd be tempted to go for it. But as a safeguard I'd first enter the values of the tofu and nutritional yeast called for in your recipe into some food intake recording system like fatsecret.com to check how the overall nutritional values compare to the 8 oz of protein that you're replacing with the tofu/nutritional yeast mixture.

Cheekyskeeter
03-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Great losses by everyone this week! That's awesome.

A1Texan
03-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Wow!! 101 lbs GONE??!! CONGRATS!! Way to go :carrot::carrot:

20 lbs in ONE WEEK?! Holy crap! that's GREAT!!

I did a bit of an experiment this morning...my hand specialist cut my cast off yesterday to take a look at my thumb at my pre-op consult, then she put it back on and ssecured it with an ace bandage. Well, this morning I weighed myself BEFORE I took the cast off for a shower and I was at 149.6, then I took the cast off and i was 148.8, so now I KNOW my cast weighs ALMOST 1 lb :D I found that kind of interesting.

Also, I'm pretty darn happy I'm having a WHOOSH week! We'll see exactly how many pounds tomorrow morning when I weigh-in.
That's great news on the "whoosh" week. I thought I was having one but this morning wasn't working for me. I hope it's all gone again by tomorrow's WI...

JenRem
03-07-2013, 03:33 PM

WOWZO - WTG! :carrot:

scorbett1103
03-07-2013, 03:42 PM

You have already answered your own question. If you're sticking to protocol, then no it's not ok for Phase 1 - only "extras" that are 0/0/0 are safe for phase 1.

De11s
03-07-2013, 03:42 PM
WI last night down another 1.2 and feeling great! NSV went into the back of my closet and pulled some smaller jeans I was saving and found 3-4 pair around the same size, the first ones fit!!! We will see about the rest, love shopping in my own closet.:patrick::luck2you:

mrskuby
03-07-2013, 03:53 PM
I'd be tempted to go for it. But as a safeguard I'd first enter the tofu and nutritional yeast into some food intake recording system like fatsecret.com to check how the overall nutritional values compare to the 8 oz of protein that you're replacing with the tofu/nutritional yeast mixture.

I was thinking of doing just that...I like to use Sparkpeople cause I can enter the recipe then enter the number of servings.

You have already answered your own question. If you're sticking to protocol, then no it's not ok for Phase 1 - only "extras" that are 0/0/0 are safe for phase 1.

Here's my thought, if I get the nutritional value of the serving of tofu and yeast, then compare it to the nutritional value of, say, 8 oz.chicken then eat that as my protein instead of the chicken, then technically it's not an extra so it doesn't have to meet the 0/0/0 requirement...Am I just thinking too much? LOL

scorbett1103
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
I was thinking of doing just that...I like to use Sparkpeople cause I can enter the recipe then enter the number of servings.

Here's my thought, if I get the nutritional value of the serving of tofu and yeast, then compare it to the nutritional value of, say, 8 oz.chicken then eat that as my protein instead of the chicken, then technically it's not an extra so it doesn't have to meet the 0/0/0 requirement...Am I just thinking too much? LOL

LOL probably :) The thing is, there are no carbs in meat protein. So it's not truly an even swap. 2g net carbs may not seem like a lot, but it's as many carbs as there are in some of the unrestricted packets. But you can't ALSO balance the carbs out by skipping a packet.

evepet
03-07-2013, 04:03 PM

Your thought process is pretty much in tune with mine. :smug: If I was doing this diet using tofu, etc., as an alternative protein source in place of chicken/beef/fish/pork from time to time I'd certainly do what we're talking about and see how close it would be. If it's reasonably comparable I'd be awfully tempted (and probably would) go ahead. Check that calorie intake, fat content, carbs, protein level are all within acceptable areas, when compared to 8 oz of protein from chicken-pork-beef- etc.

HillaryJH
03-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Hi Ladies,
I am exploring my options for eating out so I have two questions with regards to Moe's or any restaurant: is salsa ok? And, why can't I have guacamole or avocado?

mrskuby
03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
LOL probably :) The thing is, there are no carbs in meat protein. So it's not truly an even swap. 2g net carbs may not seem like a lot, but it's as many carbs as there are in some of the unrestricted packets. But you can't ALSO balance the carbs out by skipping a packet.

Aaah, thank you oh wise one! :lol: This is why I posted the question! :dizzy: So I will have to wait to get my cheese flavor fix! :nono:

mrskuby
03-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Your thought process is pretty much in tune with mine. :smug: I have to admit though that I've been more 'experimental' than some while on this diet - I haven't always considered myself 100% OP because of that. But if was doing this diet using tofu, etc., as an alternative protein source and using it in place of chicken/beef/fish/pork from time to time I'd certainly do what we're talking about and see how close it would be. If it's reasonably comparable I'd be awfully tempted (and probably would) go ahead. At least occasionally. But .... I haven't been a 'purist' so there are definitely many others that won't agree with my approach.

I will enter the info for a recipe and see where it comes out. If I skipped a restricted (which I have every day) then it might work out in the end...I haven't been a purist on this diet either but 4.4 lbs this week tells me I haven't screwed it up too bad either...Plus some people use a little of the veggie cheese and that's not 0/0/0 either...Haha! It's amazing how I can talk myself into things! :p

scorbett1103
03-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi Ladies,
I am exploring my options for eating out so I have two questions with regards to Moe's or any restaurant: is salsa ok? And, why can't I have guacamole or avocado?

Have you ever looked up the nutritional value of 1/4 of an avocado? They are good for you, yes - but VERY high in fat AND carbs. Fine when you are eating a balanced diet (since they are good fats and high in fiber) but for the purposes of Phase 1 they are too high on both counts.

RE: salsa - it would be helpful to ask them if they make the salsa fresh or if it is from a jar. Fresh salsa is almost always safe, just count it as part of your veggies. It's usually just tomato, onion, jalapenos, lemon or lime juice, and cilantro. Salsa from a jar is MUCH more likely to contain sugar.

evepet
03-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I will enter the info for a recipe and see where it comes out. If I skipped a restricted (which I have every day) then it might work out in the end...I haven't been a purist on this diet either but 4.4 lbs this week tells me I haven't screwed it up too bad either...Plus some people use a little of the veggie cheese and that's not 0/0/0 either...Haha! It's amazing how I can talk myself into things! :p

I always plan out my entire day's worth of eating by entering everything into fatsecret.com when I enter my breakfast choices. That way I see what my totals for the day are going to be. So if this tofu/nutritional yeast recipe ended up being a reasonable fit for us as our dinner protein, but maybe slightly higher in carbs than as if I had pure beef or chicken protein instead, I'd adjust the carb level (chose a lower carb veg for example) with my other meals or snack(s) for the day - so at the end of the day things would still balance out fairly well for the day's total food intake. There's a carb range anyway, as it's generally accepted that we can have somewhere between 25-40 net carbs/day... in fact, I noticed recently that Wuv said something about up to a maximum of 50 net carbs/day being ok... unless of course, you find that you are quite carb sensitive, and then you would know that you have to stay within the lower part of that range.

And I agree - it certainly doesn't sound like you've screwed anything up too badly so far! :) (and I somehow managed to get to my goal weight too..... :))

Thirteen
03-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Hello fellow IP'ers! this is my first participation in a thread, although I've done a lot of research on this site.

Today marks 2 months OP for me (still haven't cheated!!), and I'm down 33 lbs (19 to go)...unfortunately, I've been fighting a cold this week, and seem to be experiencing some water retention. On top of all that, that TOM is due anytime now. Last week my endorphins were through the roof...I'd catch myself randomly walking around with a smile on my face. This week it's disappeared. My WI this week only yielded 1 lb, and I usually average 3.6 (unless I'm ovulating, then I retain water too)...probably had a lot to do with it. Has anyone else experienced this, and how do you cope?

On a side note, I rarely have cravings (not since week 2), but right now I'd love to have an IP dark chocolate pudding as a second snack :( Must stay strong...this will pass! Somehow last TOM I didn't have cravings. I should've bought lettuce at the store yesterday.

jeffiner
03-07-2013, 06:02 PM

Congratulations! I started at the same weight so you are a real inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing

SylviesGirl
03-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Yesterday I saw a friend that I hadn't seen since starting IP and had no idea I had been dieting. He looked at me and said wow you don't even lookalike the same person! 35 lbs gone forever!

Yay for you!!! That must have been such a nice feeling for you. :cool: That's great.

SylviesGirl
03-07-2013, 06:35 PM
On a side note, I rarely have cravings (not since week 2), but right now I'd love to have an IP dark chocolate pudding as a second snack :( Must stay strong...this will pass! Somehow last TOM I didn't have cravings. I should've bought lettuce at the store yesterday.

You're right, it will pass! Stay strong! Make yourself a nice cup of tea and think about how you would rather have a better WI than that extra pudding. You can do it! :cheer2:

Ojenchilada
03-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Congrats on all the huge losses and pending whooshes!!

This week, I accidentally cheated twice. My schedule and routine is different this week because DH and I are taking classes to become foster/adoptive parents. I have been ravenously hungry-- which I attributed to a stress eating habit and a desire for comfort food.

Today, I figured out the actual culprit: We have been stopping at Starbucks on the way to class. I used to get skinny vanilla lattes but obviously can't do that and be OP. so...I ordered brewed coffee. Vanilla blonde--thinking we were talking about the coffee being brewed with vanilla bean. Delish. Then today when i ordered, I noticed her heading to the vanilla syrup. Omg. I have had 10 pumps of straight sugar on Tuesday and Wednesday. I stopped her today!

But nonetheless, I had a -2 WI today so at least there's that!

Thirteen
03-07-2013, 07:04 PM
This week, I accidentally cheated twice. ...
But nonetheless, I had a -2 WI today so at least there's that!

Good for you...don't let a little mistake get you down, you're doing great!

Thirteen
03-07-2013, 07:06 PM
You're right, it will pass! Stay strong! Make yourself a nice cup of tea and think about how you would rather have a better WI than that extra pudding. You can do it! :cheer2:

Thank you...I had dinner, and now I feel better. I sincerely appreciate the support!

Mother of the Groom
03-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Congrats on all the losses today everyone!

I just had weigh in #3 and down another 2.6, I love this program. :)

I also had a nsv today, one of my customers at work noticed I'm losing weight, was shocked she never said anything about my hair..lol

claygirl
03-07-2013, 08:55 PM
It's so nice to read about successes. Congratulations! I had a stressful day dealing w Sandy paperwork which got frustrating and more times than not I wanted to throw in the towel and eat eat eat for comfort, for stress, and to just give up on it all. But...I didnt! Every time I got the urge to eat I had to realize that I wasnt even hungry and I was angry or depressed or whatever the emotion would be. So that worked. I was so tempted to just go out to eat like I always used to eat (pizza, sandwiches, ice cream, etc) just act compulsively and immediately but I went home and made chicken and asparagus which was nice. (: (:

ladylunk
03-07-2013, 10:17 PM
It's so nice to read about successes. Congratulations! I had a stressful day dealing w Sandy paperwork which got frustrating and more times than not I wanted to throw in the towel and eat eat eat for comfort, for stress, and to just give up on it all. But...I didnt! Every time I got the urge to eat I had to realize that I wasnt even hungry and I was angry or depressed or whatever the emotion would be. So that worked. I was so tempted to just go out to eat like I always used to eat (pizza, sandwiches, ice cream, etc) just act compulsively and immediately but I went home and made chicken and asparagus which was nice. (: (:

Way to hang in there today. Good work. Did your property get damaged?

Charbarot
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
How do you get the ticker tracker

claygirl
03-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Way to hang in there today. Good work. Did your property get damaged?

Yes, like 50% of my house was damaged. Living elsewhere now. Just so sick of all the bad news. But I dealt w today fine. Thanks...(:

claygirl
03-07-2013, 10:43 PM

I think you have to be a member for 20 days and make 20 posts. I think!

workingit50
03-07-2013, 11:01 PM
A true inspiration. Congratulations on your determination and success.

beepure
03-08-2013, 12:05 AM

Been running through the recipe threads. Saw a baked apple type dessert made with zucchini several places. Going to try it next week when I have more time.

Good luck with the Jicama.....:)

beepure
03-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Hi Ladies,

I believe avocado is a no on P-1, tough if eating out. I did see a recipe for asparagus guacamole on one of the websites, worth a try if you are missing avocado.

beepure
03-08-2013, 12:15 AM

You have to be on for 20 days and post 20 times.
:)