Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/6/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/6/2013

lisa32989
03-06-2013, 06:41 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
03-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Lets keep our little corner positive today.

If you're new please read the stickies before opening a new thread- lots of duplicates lately!

Reframe! Find a way to talk about what is going on without offering a complaint.
You might want to spend some time on the forum searching for a solution, rather than typing the complaint or starting yet another duplicate negative thread.

Lets talk about how good we feel, what we are doing to overcome adversity or frustration, or how our plans are working!

Lots of good stuff is happening here. We need to talk about how we persevere DESPITE what life throws at us! If you are having a rough day, there is lots of advise in existing threads. Just read. No need to start another. It really isn't a new phenomenon. It's called life. We all have trials. Lets talk about pressing through ours and coming out stronger!

And for everyone already doing this, go team! :cheer:

Spiritman
03-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Not my usual weigh in day today but I couldn't wait until tomorrow. I faced my nemesis square on and loudly proclaimed - "I fear thee not, you shall be conquered".

Okay, okay maybe I wasn't that dramatic but in layman's terms I got on the scale this morning and was surprised to say the least. After not losing anything last week this week has been a big wooooooosh week.

18 pounds lost this week is what the scale is telling me, for a total of 33 pounds in 3 weeks. :carrot:

Quite happy in all regards - I'm totally on plan - not a single cheat - all my water is being consumed - all supplements being taking - I'm not feeling tired, dizzy, or having headaches - clothes are fitting so much better.

A darn fine day so far, and its just started.

heritagesoftail
03-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Spiritman
That is awesome ! Wow actually that is more than awesome :carrot:

Everyone have a great day :o

WorldTraveleronIP
03-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Not my usual weigh in day today but I couldn't wait until tomorrow. I faced my nemesis square on and loudly proclaimed - "I fear thee not, you shall be conquered".

Okay, okay maybe I wasn't that dramatic but in layman's terms I got on the scale this morning and was surprised to say the least. After not losing anything last week this week has been a big wooooooosh week.

18 pounds lost this week is what the scale is telling me, for a total of 33 pounds in 3 weeks. :carrot:

Quite happy in all regards - I'm totally on plan - not a single cheat - all my water is being consumed - all supplements being taking - I'm not feeling tired, dizzy, or having headaches - clothes are fitting so much better.

Fantastic!!! Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to my next weigh-in...Happy Wednesday to all!

leadedge
03-06-2013, 08:43 AM

Dude, that is awesome - 33lbs in 3 WEEKS!! That is crazy. Keep it up...you'll be at goal in no time!!

mrskuby
03-06-2013, 08:53 AM

OMG!!! That is incredible!!! It might possibly be the biggest whoosh in history!!!:cheer3::woohoo::cheer:

leadedge
03-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Funny thing happened this morning - and I think I'm going to call it the "weight loss effect".

I have been doing IP P1 for 6 weeks and just loving it. My day starts with a shower, stand on the scale and smile to myself. This diet has been working great for me so far. The problem: I leave on Friday for a 9 day cruise. My coaches started me on a modified 2 day P2 on Mon/Tues and a modified P3 Wed/Thurs. So this morning I had my first real "carb" (2 pieces of whole wheat toast) in 6wks. I basically choked them back!! Weird thing is, I thought I'd enjoy them but getting to my goal has been my life for the past 6 weeks and I'm treating this toast like something that will hold me back!!

This is going to be one interesting vacation! I have a plan in my head and if I can stay within 5 lbs of my "leaving weight" I'll be happy. Don't tell my family but if I was doing IP when we booked this trip, I would never have wanted to do a cruise!! For those who haven't been on a cruise ship - It is basically a 9 day feeding frenzy! The goal is to take advantage of all the exercise equipment and facilities and try and stick to a "modified" P3 diet.

scorbett1103
03-06-2013, 08:59 AM

Amazing!!!

tam67green
03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Good morning!
It's a snow day here in Maryland for me. They are predicting totals of close to 12 inches here--that's the most snow we've had for over 2 years. My dogs, who are about 2-3 years old (we don't really know, since they were rescue dogs) don't quite know what to make of this much snow!

I went in for my WI last night because they were already planning to not open the satellite clinic in my town today. They called me to reschedule, and I was able go in at about 7:00 yesterday evening. I thought that was nice of them to call everyone, but they must have run themselves ragged trying to get all the Wednesday evening appointments done yesterday evening. I lost 1.8 pounds last week, so it was a good weigh in. :)

Have a great day everyone! I think I will just stay in my Hello Kitty fuzzy pajama pants all day--until I go out to play in the snow with my boy.
:coolsnow:

SFNinerGirl
03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Feeling good this week OP. :woohoo:

It's almost 6am here in rainy California. :rain: I didn't sleep well all last night anticipating an important meeting I have today with a potential client and ride along with my boss. I have to capture the account as its the best one in my territory :stress:

Going to start my day with a bath and meditation to get into the zone. Practice my gratefulness and get focused on the goal. :yoga:

Hoping everyone else has a successful day today! :hug:

tam67green
03-06-2013, 09:02 AM

Wow, that is amazing! Way to go! :D

M35A2
03-06-2013, 09:02 AM
This is going to be one interesting vacation! I have a plan in my head and if I can stay within 5 lbs of my "leaving weight" I'll be happy. Don't tell my family but if I was doing IP when we booked this trip, I would never have wanted to do a cruise!! For those who haven't been on a cruise ship - It is basically a 9 day feeding frenzy! The goal is to take advantage of all the exercise equipment and facilities and try and stick to a "modified" P3 diet.

Don't forget to enjoy yourself on the cruise. That doesn't always mean eating to do it. Just be happy it's not an all inclusive resort where you'd feel like you weren't getting your money's worth without drinking non-stop. This way you're not only saving calories but saving money. Fair Winds and Following Seas my Friend!

scorbett1103
03-06-2013, 09:07 AM
OK so I officially entered maintenance on Monday, but I didn't have it in me to actually take an "After" picture - got up the courage last night :) So here's the "officially official" before and after, April 2012 to March 2013.

This is 7 months on IP (alternative products), no cheats, no excuses.

Cheekyskeeter
03-06-2013, 09:08 AM
That's an awesome whoosh!!! Good for you!

I had a great NSV this morning. My twin sister who has always been much much smaller then me gave me a bunch of clothes. There was this one pair of jeans that I've been trying on every week or so and could never button them up. Well....this morning not only did they button I've actually got room to spare!

Cheekyskeeter
03-06-2013, 09:11 AM
OK so I officially entered maintenance on Monday, but I didn't have it in me to actually take an "After" picture - got up the courage last night :) So here's the "officially official" before and after, April 2012 to March 2013.

You look outstanding!!!! Congrats!!!! :D

IdealProteinNewbie
03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Scorbett: Looking good...nice bracelets!!!

M35A2
03-06-2013, 09:16 AM
I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt I ate an entire bag of Lindor's chocolates while being screamed at by my mother-in-law for doing it. I woke up this morning with a stomach ache. Not sure if it was from the chocolate or the MIL (by the way, I love my MIL dearly and she would never do that).

The stomach ache is in addition to my broken little toe (caught a door frame dodging our lab Sunday morning) and the subsequent strain to my calf from trying to keep from walking on my broken toe. But I've been OP even through the pain :D

SFNinerGirl
03-06-2013, 09:21 AM

You look awesome! Congrats on all of your success!

leannekarella
03-06-2013, 09:27 AM

That is AMAZING and yeah! Great way to start the day!

I basically choked them back!! Weird thing is, I thought I'd enjoy them but getting to my goal has been my life for the past 6 weeks and I'm treating this toast like something that will hold me back!!

I think if it were me, I'd really try to hold on to that thought/feeling on the cruise ship so I didn't lose it and go a little nuts with the food. I know what you're talking about. I have the same feeling toward anything bread related since starting this diet. It seems evil! :dizzy: But make sure you have FUN and don't spend TOO much time thinking about food.

OK so I officially entered maintenance on Monday, but I didn't have it in me to actually take an "After" picture - got up the courage last night So here's the "officially official" before and after, April 2012 to March 2013.

That is SOOO awesome, Scorbett. But you covered up your face with the camera! Amazing looking body though. Yeahhhhh. I wanna be you when I grow up! ;)

I'm still on TOM, so I'm still "up" a little on the scale, but I know it's no big deal. Even through a week of emotional roller coaster, I stayed...well, not 100% OP, but I made sure to never go out of ketosis. So I'm very proud of myself. My calories were a little high over the weekend, though I went for meat instead of carbs. I really really have to work on emotional eating!

Last Friday I killed my car. During a torrential downpour, I turned into a parking lot and into an 18" deep puddle. (My car only has 6" ground clearance) Water in the engine. Yesterday I got a call from insurance that said they're writing it off and how much they're giving me, and it's enough to pay off the car, and pay another outstanding bill. So, all in all, it was a great day!

As of today, I'm back 100% OP, and starting to look forward to spring break in San Francisco in a another 10 days with my daughter.

I hope everyone else has a great OP day and rest of week! :hug:

mquinn106
03-06-2013, 09:31 AM

ROCK IT GIRL!!! You look amazing! Such an inspiration :D I can't wait to get to that stage. Congratulations! :hug:

IntheEvening
03-06-2013, 09:37 AM
OK so I officially entered maintenance on Monday,

You look amazing and congrats!!!!!! :carrot:

After yesterdays little scare with stomach issues, I believe I'm now on the reverse with the big C but that's ok. I did end up eating bread beacause I couldn't hold down to anything. Hopefully that is the end of that and I know it effect my weight today. My next weigh in is on Saturday, so here's to hoping that I'm back to normal by then. Anywho, moving on! :)

tbone39
03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Great job!

I just started IP this week... Wish me luck!

DontGiveUp17
03-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Holy Comoly! I'm loving the posts! Spiritman, CheekySkeeter and Scorbett.. y'all are such an inspiration!! I am so proud of y'all!!!! Way to Geaux!!! I hope everybody has a skinny feeling day!!

And Good Luck tbone and Welcome!!

SWP
03-06-2013, 09:52 AM
I just finished week 3 with a .4lb gain! :( I'm pretty frustrated with myself but i'm using it as motivation to just do better this coming week!

mrskuby
03-06-2013, 10:02 AM

Scorbett, you look amazing! So inspiring!:carrot:

That's an awesome whoosh!!! Good for you!

I had a great NSV this morning. My twin sister who has always been much much smaller then me gave me a bunch of clothes. There was this one pair of jeans that I've been trying on every week or so and could never button them up. Well....this morning not only did they button I've actually got room to spare!

Great NSV!!! :D

I just finished week 3 with a .4lb gain! :( I'm pretty frustrated with myself but i'm using it as motivation to just do better this coming week!

Stay 100% OP this week...I had a 0.6 gain last week and it looks like I am going to have a 3 lb loss this week! Keep on keepin' on!!! :cool:

PacNW IP
03-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Good morning, all! Loving the positive vibes!

Both SV and NSV for me today. My "unofficial" home scale said 119.4 this morning, and today I wore a shirt to work that I haven't worn in years because it's always been too tight to be comfortable (or flattering, picture stuffing a sausage into a casing... ;) ) My official WI is this afternoon; feeling good about it so far!

Fully into the swing of Phase 2, and looking forward to a nice big Phase 3 breakfast in the not-too-distant future. I will be doing some business travel next week, so I'm a little nervous about that, but I plan to pack lots of IP products. Does anyone know if it's OK to sort of bounce between Phases 1 & 2? If I find myself in a position where there isn't anything I can eat, I was going to just have a packet.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

ladylunk
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Scorbett - You are looking amazing. What a transformation! And I second the comment, hey you covered your face!

Spiritman - Fantastic results. You must be so happy. Keep it up!

Cheekyskeeter - Nice NSV, I have recently tried some old jeans too. Still a little tight for me. I'll get there.

tbone39 - luck to you and welcome to the forum, it has helped me so much!

leannekarella - Glad everything worked out with your car in the end. I too have had a struggle of a week and know I still have issues with emotional eating. A couple times where I had a few more veggies than I should have and told myself if I am gonna have something extra at least it's veggies and once I ate 1/3 of a restricted bar in the morning when really hungry and still had my restricted at night. Slippery slope I know. I think the emotional week and getting closer to my first goal are contributing. One day at a time and no extras today for me!

SylviesGirl
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Congrats to everyone on their losses! Scorbett -- Amazing transformation.

Regarding the call for positivity today, I am sorry if I was not positive enough yesterday. I have generally been very positive in this forum. I just felt my mindset slipping a bit yesterday, and I asked for some help. If that was inappropriate, I am sorry. :(

ladylunk
03-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Congrats to everyone on their losses! Scorbett -- Amazing transformation.

Regarding the call for positivity today, I am sorry if I was not positive enough yesterday. I have generally been very positive in this forum. I just felt my mindset slipping a bit yesterday, and I asked for some help. If that was inappropriate, I am sorry. :(

Don't feel bad about it. It's not inappropriate. Lot's of people have "negative" things they need to talk about and lot's need to hear only "positive" to help them through their day. If someone is having a rough time I don't think they should not say anything because they think they are offending.....Maybe we need two daily threads haha! Everyone has bad days don't worry about it.

jeffiner
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM

That is great..thanks so much for sharing...

jeffiner
03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
so I had a different sort of NSV yesterday..my 8 yr old was begging for pizza rolls. I have occasionally bought them in the past but with my new healthy eating mindset there was no way I was giving in. But..I did finally go to the store and bought whole wheat pizza dough..shreded mozzerella and organic sauce with no added sugar...
My son and I went home and had a great time making homemade pizza rolls..they came out ok...next time I will try to sneak a veggie or two in there!

Fabulousatfifty
03-06-2013, 10:46 AM

Scorbett - CONGRATULATIONS! You look absolutely marvelous and what a transformation!:D I also want to thank you for all you do for this forum, I have learned so much from you so thank for paying it forward!

Fabulousatfifty
03-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Lets keep our little corner positive today.

If you're new please read the stickies before opening a new thread- lots of duplicates lately!

Reframe! Find a way to talk about what is going on without offering a complaint.
You might want to spend some time on the forum searching for a solution, rather than typing the complaint or starting yet another duplicate negative thread.

Lets talk about how good we feel, what we are doing to overcome adversity or frustration, or how our plans are working!

Lots of good stuff is happening here. We need to talk about how we persevere DESPITE what life throws at us! If you are having a rough day, there is lots of advise in existing threads. Just read. No need to start another. It really isn't a new phenomenon. It's called life. We all have trials. Lets talk about pressing through ours and coming out stronger!

And for everyone already doing this, go team! :cheer:

Thanks Lisa - this is really important and I appreciate you reminding me of this. On another note, last week I was struggling with hunger and sadness. You all gave me great suggestions and I am having a great week. I started using the restircteds once a day and they are so very satisfying - I feel like I am cheating! I also started having a boiled egg in the morning. This has singlehandely taken away the knawing hunger. With that, is it ok to have a boiled egg every morning and have only 6 oz of lean protein for dinner? I will ask my coach also tomorrow at weigh in, but want to see if anyone else follows this regimen. My scale shows me down so I think these changes are helping - So again - THANKS LADIES FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE!:)

Shawsy
03-06-2013, 10:52 AM
@Spiritman - awesome results through 3 weeks!

@Scorbett - congratulations on reaching the maintenance phase. I don't know that I could have matched the before and after pictures! Good testimony that alternative products can be used successfully.

@Cheekyskeeter - great NSV. That has got to feel great! I had a similar thing happen on the weekend when I tried on some of my teenage son's jeans. I was headed to do some shopping and was wondering if I could go another size lower than my last pair. They fit nicely, and they were a pair of jeans he didn't like. No need to shop now.

Weigh in today. I was only down 1lb last week, and my home scale has not moved this week. No cheats though. I am at the point of transitioning from Phase 1 to Phase 2. I am on vacation next week, so it might be a bit of a blend of those phases anyway.

I will see what the official clinic scale says. Feeling good though.

Debrasb
03-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Feeling inspired by everyone here. Scorbett, you look amazing. I really needed the boost today. Seems silly, but I started a new med and in 2 days gained 6 pounds. My brain knows its just water, but I was feeling down from the numbers. Thanks for reminding me that this is a marathon, not a sprint!!

Alma4343
03-06-2013, 10:56 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SCORBETT! You have been so much help and such an inspiration to everyone. INCREDIBLE! You look fabulous!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug:

mrskuby
03-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Don't feel bad about it. It's not inappropriate. Lot's of people have "negative" things they need to talk about and lot's need to hear only "positive" to help them through their day. If someone is having a rough time I don't think they should not say anything because they think they are offending.....Maybe we need two daily threads haha! Everyone has bad days don't worry about it.

Thanks Lisa - this is really important and I appreciate you reminding me of this. On another note, last week I was struggling with hunger and sadness. You all gave me great suggestions and I am having a great week. THANKS LADIES FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE!:)

I do understand the call for positive vibes but sometimes we come here looking for support when we are not feeling so positive. It's part of what made this forum so appealing to some of us. If no one ever posted about issues they were experiencing then we would be out here thinking everyone else is having a grand ole time of it and we are the only ones having stalls or cheats or whatever else may come up...Each time someone posts about their trials and tribulations, it is their first time experiencing it, even if a million others before them have been there/done that.

Psycht
03-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Way to go to all those fantastic losses and photos! Very inspirational! I have not posted in the last few weeks but I am still muddling along well. I have started exercising again and have adjusted my food accordingly so my loss has slowed a bit but I still lost 1.2 pounds this week and feel great! I got a BodyMedia Fit this past Friday and between that and MFP I am addicted :-P In 9 weeks I have lost over 28 pounds which I am pretty darn proud of - with much thanks to the posters on this board for inspiration and recipe ideas!

meshell5488
03-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi all - love this forum, and don't post much, but am hoping for suggestions. I'm down a lot, but have only lost 10lbs since the beginning of January and have been trying to figure out whats happened. Making sure to weigh/measure everything, started exercising (per coach it was ok), got thyroid levels checked, but i'm still stuck. Anyone have any suggestions? I've still got another 50lbs to go and I'm wondering what has happened....Any suggestions? Anyone else have a 'stuck' period they've gotten through? I would appreciate any tips you may have! Thanks!

MntRose
03-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Good morning ya'll!

Very happy this morning, the home scale shows me at 189.4! 188 is the smallest I have been since my second son was born. So I am very excited to see and meet this goal so that I can savor it for a while and then go for the second mini goal of the the lowest weight after my first son of 178.

Just feels like its going to be a great day!

And a big CONGRATULATIONS to all the great victories I have seen others have today!

mrskuby
03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi all - love this forum, and don't post much, but am hoping for suggestions. I'm down a lot, but have only lost 10lbs since the beginning of January and have been trying to figure out whats happened. Making sure to weigh/measure everything, started exercising (per coach it was ok), got thyroid levels checked, but i'm still stuck. Anyone have any suggestions? I've still got another 50lbs to go and I'm wondering what has happened....Any suggestions? Anyone else have a 'stuck' period they've gotten through? I would appreciate any tips you may have! Thanks!

Okay, so 10 lbs since the beginning of Jan...that's still more than a pound a week on average, right? :carrot: My losses slowed down for a while, culminating in a 0.6 gain last week but this week I am on track for a 3 lb loss. :carrot: I just stayed OP and actually added more lettuce...It sounds funny but I feel like the bowl of lettuce with WF dressing I've had each day after work has helped...don't ask me why! :dizzy: I like looking at other people's signature when they list their weekly WI's it helps to see that (to quote Scorbett) "weight loss is not linear". Just stick to the plan...

I feel like my weight hovered for a while right around a number that I have spent some time at in the past so I wonder if my body was saying "hey, we've been here before, wanna stay here?" I just said "no" and kept OP with the support of this forum!

scorbett1103
03-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone!!! I know that the real work starts now (in maintenance) - and that IP is ALWAYS going to be in my back pocket, but for now I'm excited to have reached a milestone!

With that, is it ok to have a boiled egg every morning and have only 6 oz of lean protein for dinner? I will ask my coach also tomorrow at weigh in, but want to see if anyone else follows this regimen. My scale shows me down so I think these changes are helping - So again - THANKS LADIES FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE!:)

it is ABSOLUTELY ok. One egg is about the equivalent to 2oz dinner protein, so you've got the math right. Way to make the program work for YOU!

OK - couple of questions...
-how MUCH are you exercising? What kind of exercise are we talking about?
-are you adding an extra packet within 1/2 hour of finishing exercise?
-Did your coach advise you that exercise can slow your losses?

Let's remember that IP is a diet plan designed to work WITHOUT exercise. The super low calorie and low carb of this diet deplete your glycogen stores (what your body would normally burn during exercise) and convert your fat into energy instead of sugar. When you add exercise, you MUST compensate with more food, as well as keep the exercise light (based on whatever your activity level was before IP). And even with the extra food, losses will commonly slow down with added exercise - we just aren't fueling our bodies enough to cover workouts.

Many people are fine with the slower losses because they feel the exercise is important to them, it's a trade-off when you're on IP (no exercise and fast losses, or exercise and slower losses). It's a choice that you have to weigh and make for yourself.

meshell5488
03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Wow thanks...will try the lettuce snack in the afternoon, that may work.

As for exercing, only doing strength training and very light walking to get moving and I have been adding (and was advised to add) a packet after working out. I'm very flabby and don't want to have surgery for the skin when I'm done and I want to start toning and firming as I go - thats all I'm looking for, but if you say it slows the weight loss down, I may cut back on what I do. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

scorbett1103
03-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Wow thanks...will try the lettuce snack in the afternoon, that may work.

As for exercing, only doing strength training and very light walking to get moving and I have been adding (and was advised to add) a packet after working out. I'm very flabby and don't want to have surgery for the skin when I'm done and I want to start toning and firming as I go - thats all I'm looking for, but if you say it slows the weight loss down, I may cut back on what I do. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

Here's the thing - it is a giant MYTH that exercise is going to do anything for loose skin. the fact of the matter is, if you lose a lot of weight, especially if you lose it quickly, you will have loose skin. Over time (up to a year afterward) the body will take care of as much of it as it can. Exercise can firm up and shape the muscles UNDER the skin but that's about it.

Unfortunately with skin, we did the damage by letting our weight get out of hand - no cream, exercise, or magic elixer is going to undo it. What we can do is get our bodies healthy again, let our bodies do what they can with the extra skin after it's said and done, and then decided if we want surgery or are happy just living in a healthy body with a few battle scars :)

SanB608
03-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Congratulations! That is quite an achievement. You look wonderful. By the time I hit maintenance, you will have the expertise to guide us thru that phase like you've managed to guide us all through our earlier phases. Thank you. You are a great inspiration.

heritagesoftail
03-06-2013, 12:14 PM

You look fabulous ! Be proud and rock that body girl. Take pics and post away girl:D

Desafinado
03-06-2013, 01:14 PM
I just had the IP chili for the first time and it was good! I added some sauteed mushroom and peppers, then heated it all up together. YUMMY

Desafinado
03-06-2013, 01:19 PM

You look great!

Desafinado
03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Good morning ya'll!

Very happy this morning, the home scale shows me at 189.4! 188 is the smallest I have been since my second son was born. So I am very excited to see and meet this goal so that I can savor it for a while and then go for the second mini goal of the the lowest weight after my first son of 178.

Just feels like its going to be a great day!

And a big CONGRATULATIONS to all the great victories I have seen others have today!

Wow, we are the same height and started at the same weight, but you started IP two weeks after me and you have lost way more than me. I've been OP the whole time! What's your secret?

bella2013
03-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Scorbett: You look amazing! Thank you for the inspiration.

Bella

scorbett1103
03-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Hey - did anyone notice that the posts in the Newbie thread that had the Phase 2,3 and 4 protocol, plus all of Wuvs's scans of the nutritional info are not there anymore?

ladylunk
03-06-2013, 02:04 PM
I chimed in earlier about how I felt I was on the slippery slope to cheating as I had extra veggies and ate a bit of a restricted when not supposed to, but I thought, I never chimed in on the victories throughout those times when I was overcoming emotional eating.

On a very rough day "family wise" not "diet related" I was asked to go over to someone's house so they could support me through this difficult time and I immediately started thinking to being at her house the day before and the wine in the fridge and the glasses ready to go in the freezer. Right there was a trigger and I declined going over as I knew the wine was calling to me. I had herbal tea instead at home. And yesterday my son brought home a giant box of chocolates to sell for school. I would have to say wine and chocolates are the hardest through emotional times. Well so far so good. Sat down and had my chocolate drink while everyone else bought chocolate. So minor victories were had and I am chugging along....well water chugging anyway.....

MntRose
03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Wow, we are the same height and started at the same weight, but you started IP two weeks after me and you have lost way more than me. I've been OP the whole time! What's your secret?

You made me realize I may not have been very clear about my starting weight, I was going to add when I am able to have a sig that my first 15 pounds I lost before starting IP, was on a no wheat diet. I started IP on January 25th at 210 pounds, so as of yesterday at my 6th week WI I have lost 18 pounds on the diet officially.

I hope this helps clear things up, but also I look at some of the peoples success here and wonder what their secret is too, but them I think about my average weekly loss and just how plain good I feel and let my body keep doing what its doing because its got this!

Suchawittygal
03-06-2013, 02:37 PM

:carrot::carrot:Holy crap Scorbett!! You look AH-MAZING! Congrats girl!!:carrot::carrot:

amberjules
03-06-2013, 02:50 PM

Holy smoke! You look amazing Scorbett!!!!! Are you just on cloud 9 for rocking that goal?

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt I ate an entire bag of Lindor's chocolates while being screamed at by my mother-in-law for doing it. I woke up this morning with a stomach ache. Not sure if it was from the chocolate or the MIL (by the way, I love my MIL dearly and she would never do that).

The stomach ache is in addition to my broken little toe (caught a door frame dodging our lab Sunday morning) and the subsequent strain to my calf from trying to keep from walking on my broken toe. But I've been OP even through the pain :D

I had those nightmares in the beginning too. In fact I read a thread onetime where others were having binge nightmares right after starting IP. They eventually went away, but it was a great dream to help keep you motivated. :D

Hey - did anyone notice that the posts in the Newbie thread that had the Phase 2,3 and 4 protocol, plus all of Wuvs's scans of the nutritional info are not there anymore?

Scorbett - I was looking last night and couldn't find it. Glad you brought it up.

rofl306
03-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Some of the threads of other diets on 3FC start out by stating that you can't post copyrighted material to the site or it will be removed. I am assuming that that is what happened to them. The web masters must have been cleaning up the site.

AND PS YOU look marvellous darling!!

Desafinado
03-06-2013, 03:33 PM
I really do not like coconut. At all. But I notice in a lot of low-carb gluten-free etc recipes they sub coconut flour for wheat flour. Does it make things taste like coconut?

lisa32989
03-06-2013, 03:38 PM

I was gonna ask you about a pic! Thanks for sharing. Everyone needs to see what is possible :)
Tell everyone what you were considering in Dec and how the 100% threaders talked you out of it!
I love watching IP rockstars rock!

Thanks Lisa - this is really important and I appreciate you reminding me of this. On another note, last week I was struggling with hunger and sadness. You all gave me great suggestions and I am having a great week. I started using the restircteds once a day and they are so very satisfying - I feel like I am cheating! I also started having a boiled egg in the morning. This has singlehandely taken away the knawing hunger. With that, is it ok to have a boiled egg every morning and have only 6 oz of lean protein for dinner? I will ask my coach also tomorrow at weigh in, but want to see if anyone else follows this regimen. My scale shows me down so I think these changes are helping - So again - THANKS LADIES FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE!:)
I'm so glad the suggestions you got helped! Everyone is so helpful!

We can always bring issues to the group. This is where we learn from each other. There is a way to do it and there is a way that is just complaining, griping, and not taking the time to read/learn. We are all ultimately responsible for our own journey and it can be a journey toward something new and better or a journey of misery.

Wuv was the one encouraging the positive, healthy attitude when I got here. Does this mean life always goes smoothly? You're kidding me, right? It is all in how we deal with it.

I seem to recall, our newest maintainer, Scorbett, who has a one-car family and little kids, had a major car breakdown and had to live without one for a while & eventually got another one (new!). Never once did I see her complain what she couldn't do. Always I saw her share how she was making a difficult situation work. A true example of how we do what we make up our minds to do.

I've said over & over that success on this plan (or any other weight loss plan we choose) is mostly all in the head. If the head (mental attitude) isn't in the right place, success will be hindered. It is amazing how successful we can all be with the right attitudes. Nope, life isn't perfect. It throws us curve balls and sometimes completely knocks us down. But even then, we're down but not out.

A friend of mine once said, "If you fall on the ice in December, you don't wait until April to get up." She was one of the most positive people I knew and we lost her way too soon. I guess God needed company.

lisa32989
03-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Hey - did anyone notice that the posts in the Newbie thread that had the Phase 2,3 and 4 protocol, plus all scans of the nutritional info are not there anymore?

Links to P1 & P3 are still there.
I'm wondering...the person who scanned a lot is now a clinic owner. May have asked to have some things removed?
I have P2 on my iPad if anyone needs it, and maybe P4. iPad is at home. I am not, but will be later.
I couldn't really read the scans of nutritional info anyway...get that from plain protein.

dawnwhite58
03-06-2013, 04:06 PM

Congratulations!!!! You look wonderful. I can't wait for that after picture. Yesterday I was looking at the before photo that put me on this journey in the first place and almost started crying. I then reminded myself that it is what will keep me on goal and people like you are giving me so much inspiration along the way.

LizJazz
03-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Weigh in day for me -.6. This past week was my TOM.....still proud of my loss.
I am starting alternatives this week and finally got my Nashua nutrition order in- OMG, the health smart peanut butter crunch is awesome!!!!

scorbett1103
03-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Links to P1 & P3 are still there.
I'm wondering...the person who scanned a lot is now a clinic owner. May have asked to have some things removed?
I have P2 on my iPad if anyone needs it, and maybe P4. iPad is at home. I am not, but will be later.
I couldn't really read the scans of nutritional info anyway...get that from plain protein.

I saw the link to the P3 worksheet, but not the post that had the handouts for p2, p3 and p4. It used to be the post above the one with the p3 worksheet.

Suchawittygal
03-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Weigh in day for me -.6. This past week was my TOM.....still proud of my loss.
I am starting alternatives this week and finally got my Nashua nutrition order in- OMG, the health smart peanut butter crunch is awesome!!!!

Hey! You're moving in the right direction! I switched to Alternatives a week and a half ago and I think I've died and gone to heaven:D LOVE LOVE LOVE those Health Smart bars!!

Jeaner
03-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Good afternoon everyone! I hope I am asking this in the right place. I just have a couple of questions.
What does the little eggy thing (sometimes with a yolk) mean? And the egg with a red exclamation?
Also when I see 'bump'
Also how to do a PM? I assume that means a private message, and not needing/wanting to now, but.... Sorry for all of the dumb questions

pocahontas812
03-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Good afternoon everyone! I hope I am asking this in the right place. I just have a couple of questions.
What does the little eggy thing (sometimes with a yolk) mean? And the egg with a red exclamation?
Also when I see 'bump'
Also how to do a PM? I assume that means a private message, and not needing/wanting to now, but.... Sorry for all of the dumb questions

If you hover your cursor over the eggs they will tell you what they mean. An egg with a visible yolk means the user is currently online; the egg with exclamation point is for reporting an inappropriate post. To send someone a PM, click on their user name. A dropdown menu will appear and PM will be one of the options. Finally, bump means that a user has gone into an older thread and posted a reply of "bump". This reply (actually any reply) will move the thread to the top of the list of threads....so it will show on the first page of the forum.

Hope this helped.

NinjaNurse
03-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Spiritman Great WI!!!

M35A2 I am not a cruise person, only been on two and foudn the food wasn't all that, just ate it because it was there. My husband was not brought up to eat, eat, eat, like most of Americans do and he would just sit there. I would be psyched at all I could do not that I feel better and have energy!!! Enjoy! You deserve it!!! GOod Luck!!!

I have yet to conquer Jicima. God knows the chips are delish, but just when I think they need a little more time in the oven, well, I had a few that looked like charcoal.
Waiting for the storm to hit here. As long as I don't have to stay. My husband will probably be home tomorrow so I can sleep in. Procastinating getting ready for my trip so hopefully he will light a fire under my butt.

Alemap1981
03-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Day 3 on IP just about over. Have had some minor dizziness, constant thirst (though I am drinking lots), and a bit hungry. I also have to catch myself sometimes reaching for something solely out of habit rather than actual need. I live in a very cold climate so have been stuck in the house most of this winter with a newborn, but luckily things are warming up and I have managed am evening walk each day on IP. Not south for the exercise, but to get me out if the house, without my little one, and get my mind off of food (the evenings are my worst time!). Overall feel good, hoping the scales reflect the effort at my weigh in Monday. Reading all these threads is so motivating. What a bunch of inspirational people!

Jeaner
03-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks to Pocahontas812 for the help regarding my questions. That helps a lot. I have a lot to learn about this site and the IP diet I will soon be starting. Congrats to everyone with losses today. They are so inspiring.

TNmom
03-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Weigh in #1 is in the books!!! (actually this is just day 6 but whatever I will take it!) Down 9 lbs/5 inches and couldn't be happier. That's with job change and a rare date night all in the 1st week on plan :D
*Forgot to add starting weight -- 213.4 today's weight was 204.4

funstaffordmom
03-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Sat down and had my chocolate drink while everyone else bought chocolate. So minor victories were had and I am chugging along....well water chugging anyway.....

Congrats Lady, I'm sure it felt like day one in Phase one. I'm on day three in phase one, and I am waiting to get that boost of energy that everyone is talking about. That and for my funk to subside. I am GRUMPY!!!

Today was our only true snow day for the family. And boy that glass of wine was :devil: calling my name all day. So I made some iced tea and added some lemonade Miu. It helped.

HillaryJH
03-06-2013, 07:30 PM
First weigh in: -11.2 pounds!!!

:-)

funstaffordmom
03-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Day three soon will be a wrap. Had chicken, peppers, onion, and asparagus. Made some kale chips for later. I read early on that someone made jicama chips. I'll have to look that one up. DH asked earlier if I feel like I've lost some weight. Honestly, I don't feel like I have. Three more days until my first WI, then I will know if I have........

Can anyone tell me when my energy level will increase? I slept on average 9-12 hours every night since starting IP. I've planned to complete some side jobs around the house. I just lack the motivation and energy...

funstaffordmom
03-06-2013, 07:31 PM

HOT DAMN! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: CONGRATS!

50harvest
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Congrats to everyone who moved closer to their goal today!

It was cold today and surprisingly I was able to wear a suit jacket over a bulky turtleneck sweater, without feeling like a stuffed tomato. Yay me :-)

heritagesoftail
03-06-2013, 08:14 PM

Wohooo great first WI ! Keep it up :bravo::bravo:

scorbett1103
03-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Day three soon will be a wrap. Had chicken, peppers, onion, and asparagus. Made some kale chips for later. I read early on that someone made jicama chips. I'll have to look that one up. DH asked earlier if I feel like I've lost some weight. Honestly, I don't feel like I have. Three more days until my first WI, then I will know if I have........

Can anyone tell me when my energy level will increase? I slept on average 9-12 hours every night since starting IP. I've planned to complete some side jobs around the house. I just lack the motivation and energy...

The fatigue is very common the first week or two. I never got a big "burst" of energy but many do get that somewhere around the 4th week or so.

funstaffordmom
03-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks Scorbett...... This house needs me to liven up!!!

ladylunk
03-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks Scorbett...... This house needs me to liven up!!!

Hoping your boost comes. I like, scorbett did not get a huge burst of energy, but was less tired after the first week.

pinkeetoz
03-06-2013, 08:39 PM
So glad to read that some of you felt better after a week. Thanks for sharing!

TNmom
03-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I have seen where a lot of the ladies have mentioned a hard boiled egg a day on here but count it as 2oz of your dinner meat. Will the remaining 6oz be precook weight or post? If its precook weight how do I gauge if I use canned chicken in a pinch for my salads? ** Just realized I may have been weighing my food improperly :mad: **

scorbett1103
03-06-2013, 08:49 PM
I have seen where a lot of the ladies have mentioned a hard boiled egg a day on here but count it as 2oz of your dinner meat. Will the remaining 6oz be precook weight or post? If its precook weight how do I gauge if I use canned chicken in a pinch for my salads? ** Just realized I may have been weighing my food improperly :mad: **

when you measure dinner meat, always measure raw. It shrinks during cooking.

If you're using canned, I believe chicken shrinks by 1 or 1.5 oz when cooked, so a 3oz can of chicken is going to be about 4oz raw.

At the end of the day, if you go an ounce or two over on your protein once in a while it's not a huge deal - but it's good practice to know what the correct measurements are, it helps make maintenance a little easier!

fam4me
03-06-2013, 08:54 PM

Congrats! You look wonderful!

TNmom
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks Scorbett! So is there a post in a sticky about pre and post weight measurements? ie: what if I have pot roast from the crockpot one night, or shrimp the next etc. **But all in all if I get pretty close to 7oz cooked should that be ok? Didnt think to ask my coach these things and I'm only 1 week in..... Im still trying to get the hang of this and my routine down, so bare with me on the questions :o

pinkeetoz
03-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Is it true that once I have reached my goal weight and begin in the next phase that i will automatically gain 5 lbs?

fam4me
03-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Sounds like lots of great losses and NSV's today.

Got on our treadmill tonight and did a little over 2 miles in about 25 minutes. Considering it used to take me 20 minutes to do 1 mile, I was pretty happy. I actually ran and could do the incline much longer and easier!

De11s
03-06-2013, 09:42 PM

Scorbett You Look AMAZING! What an inspiration!

scorbett1103
03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Thanks Scorbett! So is there a post in a sticky about pre and post weight measurements? ie: what if I have pot roast from the crockpot one night, or shrimp the next etc. **But all in all if I get pretty close to 7oz cooked should that be ok? Didnt think to ask my coach these things and I'm only 1 week in..... Im still trying to get the hang of this and my routine down, so bare with me on the questions :o

I haven't seen someone post pre- and post- weights, because that can change based on the meat cut, how it's prepared, how it's cooked...too many factors. I always just used the 1oz rule as a "rule of thumb". Pot roast and chicken, I just measure out 7oz from the larger roast after it's cooked. Shrimp, cut up chicken/pork - I would cut it up raw and weigh it, then COUNT the pieces. That way I could just count off how many pieces I could have and know that it was pretty close.

Is it true that once I have reached my goal weight and begin in the next phase that i will automatically gain 5 lbs?

LOL our bodies are not THAT predictable!

Phase 2, people tend to continue to lose, just at a slower rate because you are increasing your calorie intake. Phase 3, it's not uncommon to gain a bit because now you are adding MORE calories and replenishing your glycogen stores. But there are people who still lost a little in p3. Once in maintenance, it's safest to give yourself a 5lb-ish window for weight, because your weight WILL fluctuate up periodically. Is it always a 5lb gain? Of course not. But it's not a bad thing to keep in the back of your mind that gaining some back in maintenance is normal.

Dinie89
03-06-2013, 10:16 PM
woo-- had wi in the evening lost 3 lbs bringing my total to 62lbs - woooooooooooooooo

MSEMDEE
03-06-2013, 11:24 PM
WI tonight and down another 2 lbs!
So excited!
So what other plan lets you workout like a demon and come home to mug cake with caramel sauce and marshmellow cream(WF of course!) and still lose weight!

loser444
03-06-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm feeling good about attending a work related dinner out and not blowing it. Amazing how much you come to prefer taste instead of quantity after a few days on plan.

loser444
03-07-2013, 12:12 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/slider-but3/lb/244/175/238/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

lizard107
03-07-2013, 12:31 AM

AMAING! Great job!!

lizard107
03-07-2013, 12:35 AM

What an inspiration!!