Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 3/4/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 3/4/2013

lisa32989
03-04-2013, 06:57 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

A1Texan
03-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Good Morning everyone. I posted this late yesterday but no response so I thought I'd try again.

Anyone have a PROMO Code for "Just Plain Protein?" I need to place an order today and any discount really helps. Thanks!

heritagesoftail
03-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Good morning everyone, I had a great weekend with staying OP 100%. Second WI is tomorrow. Spring isnt in the air to much this am as it is -21C which is -6F. Brrrrrrrrrr

Debrasb
03-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Good morning! Sick baby today so scrambling to work out the day. Stayed OP over the weekend but my scale is up 3! Today I will focus on hydrating and green tea to flush all of that right out!!

psjones
03-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Good Morning everyone. I posted this late yesterday but no response so I thought I'd try again.

Anyone have a PROMO Code for "Just Plain Protein?" I need to place an order today and any discount really helps. Thanks!

The name of the month with a minimum order, which I believe is $165.

TrixieBesMonty
03-04-2013, 09:23 AM
I decided to switch to alternatives. I ordered from Lindora last night and I'll buy some others today. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 4lbs.!!
That's 25.4 since 1/8/2013. I'm very excited!

A1Texan
03-04-2013, 09:25 AM
I decided to switch to alternatives. I ordered from Lindora last night and I'll buy some others today. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 4lbs.!!

Welcome to the "Going Rogue Club"

A1Texan
03-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks. I'll give that a go

sahmmommy2
03-04-2013, 09:27 AM
WOOHOO! My scale is FINALLY moving again. Down 2 pounds! I've been stuck on weight/measurements for the last 3 weeks! It's going to be a good week!

One more day until washer/dryer delivery, I can't wait!

TrixieBesMonty
03-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome... I feel free!!!

Charbarot
03-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Good morning everyone. Haven't been on here much. Basketball games and work all week-end. I feel great on this diet. I just love it. No more feeling bloated or uncomfortable pressure in my lower abdomen from eating too many starchy carbs. I'm getting out more and getting some walking in...life is good !!!:carrot:

lovetorun3
03-04-2013, 09:40 AM

That's awesome! Thanks ~ I could use the discount as well :D

lovetorun3
03-04-2013, 09:42 AM
WOOHOO! My scale is FINALLY moving again. Down 2 pounds! I've been stuck on weight/measurements for the last 3 weeks! It's going to be a good week!

Congratulations! :carrot: Just wondering if you changed things up in order for the scale to finally move again?? Or did you just wait it out??

meinvt
03-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Heading to week 3 weigh in. Met first mini-goal and got my wedding ring off my finger for the first time in months . . . but then I put it right back on!:love:

sahmmommy2
03-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Congratulations! :carrot: Just wondering if you changed things up in order for the scale to finally move again?? Or did you just wait it out??

I waited it out, but I had some mental issues with it. It was my first real stall and I wasn't sure what to do. Was my body telling me it was done? Did I set my goal too low? Should I exercise? What am I doing wrong? Am I happy with the way I look now? Those types of questions. One piece of advice I got from KitKat was to "give it another week", which I did. The other piece I got from Ragdoll was to "prepare to phase off", which I am going to do this month. I have decided to finish out the month of March on Phase 1 and then possibly move to Phase 2 starting April. I kind of want to see if I continue to lose or not.

Spiritman
03-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Should be a busy day for myself. I'm a college instructor and my students are back in class from being on a 5 week practicum. Both they and myself will need to get back into the swing of things.

Not a bad weekend - spent Saturday snowmobiling at the family farm - the wife flew off when she went for a turn - she's fine - but I have been calling her crash for the rest of the weekend.

Feel like I didn't eat as much as I should have this weekend - got all the packets and veggies in but not really satisfied - meaning I was full but nothing exciting. That is until last night. We made a roast beef and asparagus supper - didn't have enough asparagus for a full 2 cups each so we added in some dill pickles. Good Lord - I was so full and now am full fluid I think I might explode.

Oh-oh hope I don't have to hand in my man card - I'm discussing water retention. :o

Cheekyskeeter
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Sorry about the sick baby Debrasb!

Congrats on the scale moving Sahmmommy2!!

Charbarot I too love the way I feel on this diet.

meinvt That's awesome about your first mini-goal!! Good for you. I need to get my wedding rings re-sized as they're too big on me now but I just got married in October of last year so they were when I was not quite at my largest.

I'm at work but really don't feel like working today....brought one of my dogs into work with me as a friend is coming to do an adjustment on his back so I think I'll take him out for a nice long walk since the sun is shining (but it is pretty chilly).

Cheekyskeeter
03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh-oh hope I don't have to hand in my man card - I'm discussing water retention. :o

lmao that made me almost spit my coffee out my nose. Thanks for the laugh. :D

sahmmommy2 we'll probably be phasing off at the same time. My plan is to start phasing off by April 1st. :carrot:

LizJazz
03-04-2013, 10:27 AM

Please post what you ordered and how you liked it. I too am switching to alternatives, and am waiting for my new food. I don't know why switching to alternatives makes me so nervous.

DoingitDeb
03-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Good morning IPeeps! Day 4 and feeling good! So far I am really liking the program...hope I am doing it all correct!

jeffiner
03-04-2013, 10:30 AM
so this weekend I saw my brother for the first time in months..of course he did not mention my weight loss..however during a conversation about Easter my mother mentioned that she wanted to make sure to have foods on hand that I could eat (go mom!) so he turns to me and asks what Im eating..i respond 'just protein and vegtables'..so really snarky he asks what kind of protein..salami..pepperoni? I calmly said no, chicken beef pork etc. Then I said you should try to rutabega fries they are great..he rolls his eyes and says yeah really healthy..fried in oil..so again calmly I say..no I bake them with olive oil..he then says olive oil is so bad for you when its cooked...

errggg..why couldnt he just be happy for me..and if not just shut up? He has been losing weight over the past 6 months and I have commented a few times about how good he looks, asked how he was doing it, etc. I've never told him he was doing it wring or questioned his choices..clearly what he is doing is working for him as he has lost about 50 lbs.

but then I started thinking..is olive oil bad heated up? I got home and of course looked it up and its seems there are many concerns about it..anyone have any info on that?

NinjaNurse
03-04-2013, 11:08 AM
How can it be Monday when I made IP crispy cereal pancakes and (for the 1st time) they came out looking and tasting delish????:cp::cp::cp:

funstaffordmom
03-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Today is day ONE for me..... I had the wildberry drink for BF and I AM STARVING!! I brewed some tea (no sweetner :( so hopefully that will tie me over for two hours until lunch (Chicken ala King porrage :).... I am actually looking forward to it.

sc1661cl
03-04-2013, 11:31 AM
According to my docs scales ( I was in about 6 weeks before I started IP) I am down 34lbs in 2 months!!!!! Amazing!! They weren't even going to weigh me just wrote down my previous weight. That of course made me comment that that was NOT what I weighed anymore she looked kinda of embarrassed and asked me to get on the scales. After which she told me I was the first person that had ever asked to be weighed Lol.

WyoGirl82
03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Today is day ONE for me..... I had the wildberry drink for BF and I AM STARVING!! I brewed some tea (no sweetner :( so hopefully that will tie me over for two hours until lunch (Chicken ala King porrage :).... I am actually looking forward to it.

I love the Chicken Ala King with cooked broccoli and cauliflower in it. It's very filling and is kind of like a pot pie filling. Good Luck....as everyone says, the first few days are the toughest! You're doing great!

funstaffordmom
03-04-2013, 11:55 AM
I love the Chicken Ala King with cooked broccoli and cauliflower in it. It's very filling and is kind of like a pot pie filling. Good Luck....as everyone says, the first few days are the toughest! You're doing great!

I think I will bring in some shredded chicken breast and veggies to keep at work. That way I can add to my lunch. A co-worker has been on the IP for two months now. So there is a COSTCO jar o' pickles in the fridge already :carrot:

BTW, should be a dancing pickle, not a carrot since they are on the bad list :)

sahmmommy2
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM

Hang in there, the first week is rough. Prepare for it and you will be rewarded. Drink lots of water today! Eat some lettuce or munch on a pickle if you have to. Don't be afraid to take some pain reliever if you get a headache, very common. I remember feeling like I had been ran over by a truck the first few days, then by day 4 I felt wonderful. If the hunger gets unbearable, you can have one extra unrestricted packet per day, but only for the first week.

mrskuby
03-04-2013, 11:58 AM

:rofl:

Soo...after a slight gain at WI on Thursday, I stepped on the scale and I am down a pound!! And it's only Monday! Yay!!! So hopefully by Thursday, it''ll be even more!!
Plus I went to Old Navy and bought size 8 jeans!! I haven't worn size 8 in so many years!!!
Plus we had a bday party for my DH twin nieces and everyone in the family comment on how great I looked!
All in all very happy that I stuck it out when I felt defeated by the slight gain last week! :carrot:

mrskuby
03-04-2013, 12:06 PM
ooh and I forgot to mention that I made cauliflower hummus and it's amazing! I bought the pretzels from Nashua Nutrition and they are so good with the hummus! I recommend the pretzels if you miss snacky things like crackers...the pretzels are great! And fine for P1!!

IPdivajen
03-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Morning all! It's flippin freezing here today. I really can't wait for the warm weather - this is killing me!!

patns
03-04-2013, 12:41 PM
but then I started thinking..is olive oil bad heated up? I got home and of course looked it up and its seems there are many concerns about it..anyone have any info on that?

Not sure about the heated issue but make sure you are getting all the oil allottment aside from cooking. When you use it for cooking you don't get it all. Best way to make sure you are getting it all is to use it on your salads, the greens hold onto it.

I had a long stall once until I realized I was getting practically no fat because my animal protein was always chicken breast and I was using the oil to cook.
I switched to using the 2 teaspoons of oil on my salad and using olive oil in the spray can to cook.

As for your brother just tune him out and be thankful your mom is supportive.

Many people seem to think that their way of eating is how everyone should eat. But reality is everyone needs to figure out what works best for their own body.

Pat

Suchawittygal
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Good morning fellow IPeers!

I jumped on the scale today and I'm down to 150.2! I'll be in the 140's hopefully by tomorrow!! Now I'm wonering if perhaps I should push my goal weight down to 130...I'm really comfortable in P1 and not sure about moving on to Phase 2 yet. Especially since DH (HPIRacer) is really into IP now and doing so well. I'm so proud of him! I wish he would post here more often.

So, I'll see how this week goes and how quickly I get through the 140's then I'll make my decision.

Everyone have a WONDERFUL OP day!!

jmuroff1
03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
im in maintanence right now and i have been going to the gym. does anyone have a protein powder they can recommend that i can mix with fruit before i go to the gym?

scorbett1103
03-04-2013, 02:11 PM
im in maintanence right now and i have been going to the gym. does anyone have a protein powder they can recommend that i can mix with fruit before i go to the gym?

My husband and I have been using the Pure Protein vanilla powder, he blends his with a cup of frozen fruit or with a cup of light cranberry-grape juice instead of water. We get a big tub of it for $20 at Wal Mart.

JenRem
03-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

This morning....... sooo excited........... I hit
ONDERLAND!

Cheekyskeeter
03-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Congrats JenRem

jmuroff1
03-04-2013, 02:27 PM
My husband and I have been using the Pure Protein vanilla powder, he blends his with a cup of frozen fruit or with a cup of light cranberry-grape juice instead of water. We get a big tub of it for $20 at Wal Mart.

Thanks Scorbett, so i have gained weight since being in maintanence but inches have stayed the same and im lifting weights...that's ok right lol

IPdivajen
03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Congrats on onederland, JenRem!!! :)

lisa32989
03-04-2013, 02:58 PM

ONDERLAND!

:congrat:

is olive oil bad heated up? I got home and of course looked it up and its seems there are many concerns about it..anyone have any info on that?
The info you found is correct.
The plan suggests grapeseed oil for cooking
I cook with coconut oil.
I use olive oil on salads, etc but don't heat it.

ladylunk
03-04-2013, 03:02 PM

Hi. Sorry your brother did not comment on your success so far. In regards to the olive oil. I had a quick look online and it seems there is a debate about cooking with olive oil. My coach told me not too. I use it raw on my salads and use coconut oil for everything else. And I use it more than protocol probably allows, but I am happy with my results. Coconut oil has many health benefits that I am liking. My coach also told me it helps speed up metabolism and helps with fat burning. Anyway it might be worth reading up on. There are also antifungal, antiviral benefits to it as well.

ONDERLAND!

Good for you. That must feel great!

So who says stress makes you hold onto pounds? I seem to be dropping them very quickly right now. Well according to my scale which fluctuates 5lbs a day, but it is always lowest in the morning. This morning it reads 177.2 and last thursday at official weigh in was 182. Really hoping I can get a weigh in in the 170's this Thursday.

simplelivingSD
03-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Please post what you ordered and how you liked it. I too am switching to alternatives, and am waiting for my new food. I don't know why switching to alternatives makes me so nervous.

Don't be nervous. I lost 50 lbs the first time I did this with only alternatives. You will be just fine. Just remember to watch the nutrition values and make sure there is no aspartame. I am back for a long overdue restart and have complete confidence I will loose again with only alternatives. I am having a hard time finding supplements tho that are comparable with what IP has. I think just to be safe I am going to use their cal/mag and potassium this time. You can do it!!!!!:carrot:

DRegan
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Hi,
New here, having first WI tuesday night.
Wish me luck!! Was doing Atkins before, but got stuck for awhile.
Trying IP now, hope it budges my loss!!
Thanks, great website!

simplelivingSD
03-04-2013, 03:39 PM

I have heard it is not good either. I know it can not be heated to a very high temp. I always use grape seed oil when cooking just to be safe and olive oil otherwise. There is a thread about it somewhere I seen a few days ago. I can't remember where I saw it tho...

A1Texan
03-04-2013, 03:47 PM
That is AWESOME. I hope to join you by the end of this week. I'm so excited!!!

simplelivingSD
03-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I need some advice from any men on here or anyone with a husband on IP. I am trying to get my husband to do the alternatives with me this time around because he needs to lose just as bad as I do. I want BOTH of us to be health for the kids. He is insistent that he can loose if I just feed him different and he eats smaller portions. We tried that and it did not work for long. He needs to have a total change in his thoughts on food. I have found being on this diet the first time you learn the tools to be healthy even after you are done. You just need to apply those tools. I think it would benefit him greatly. He on the other hand thinks diets are for women and that there is no way he could do this because of the work he does. He is the fix it man where he works. He is way more active than a desk job but not as active as a construction worker (I don't think). I just think that HE thinks he would have to turn in his man card if he ate food from a packet.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS ALL :)

My2loseW8
03-04-2013, 03:58 PM

ONDERLAND!

:bravo::cp: Way to go!!!! :dancer::high:

DRegan
03-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Is sugar free lifesavers or gum allowed?
Sometimes just want to freshen my mouth, LOL!

simplelivingSD
03-04-2013, 04:29 PM

ONDERLAND!

YAY!! It is such a good feeling. I can't wait till I get there again. Congrats:D

amberjules
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM

Woot Woot!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

:cb::dancer::flow2: That's fantastic, especially after 3 weeks of stall! You're almost there!!!!

OMG I laughed so hard!! Next thing you know you'll be talking about your bowel movements and "slow move tea". :D:lol:

lmao that made me almost spit my coffee out my nose. Thanks for the laugh. :D

HEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ONDERLAND!
That's wonderful! So excited for you!! How are you celebrating?:cheer:

Is sugar free lifesavers or gum allowed?
Sometimes just want to freshen my mouth, LOL!

We can't actually have those items on Ideal Protein protocol, but you can have the little Listerine strips or spray which is quite strong and lasting. The gum has carbs that can easily add up.

DJ72
03-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Just a quick note to say hey to everybody and wish you all a beautiful OP day! Thanks for all your support and sharing.

amberjules
03-04-2013, 04:40 PM
About a month or so ago I was having a hard time keeping track of my water intake at work so I bought a 64 oz container, fill it up with water first thing when I get to work and make sure it's gone before I leave for the day. Then I keep a glass with a straw so I can slurp it down all day.

Today, I was so busy before lunch, and I just kept refilling my cup from the 64 oz container after I would finish 1 glass. So now it's lunch and heated up my 2 cups of broccoli and added the packet of broccoli cheese soup. Came back to my desk and said, "Who drank my water?" It was almost all gone from the container!!!

Of course nobody drank it, it was me being so busy that I didn't notice how fast I was slurping it down through the straw.

SFNinerGirl
03-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Weigh in today: Only released 1 pound but a lot of inches. My coach thinks its due to the 5k run and water retention in my muscles because of it.

I know, I said only. But geez I feel like I lost SO much more.

Hydration went up from +21 to +27 too. GAH. My goal is to be 100% OP this week without any deviations or 5k runs.

funstaffordmom
03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Halfway through my first day and BOY do I feel it. I have a headache and feel a bit weak. I'm glad I have a competetive spirit, or I would've enduldged. Looking forward to dinner with REAL food :)

SanB608
03-04-2013, 04:51 PM
How can it be Monday when I made IP crispy cereal pancakes and (for the 1st time) they came out looking and tasting delish????:cp::cp::cp:

What is the secret? I have tried several times and mine don't even begin to resemble a pancake. They won't firm up. What am I doing wrong?

LexiChanel1
03-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Can I have tomatoes and low fat cheese in Phase 2?

tnvol6
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm starting tomorrow and I'm really worried about the first few days. I had horrible headaches the last time i tried this. I tried all of the suggestions that the IP people had but nothing seemed to help. I crashed and burned in the first few days. I know how awful that seems but I feel like I'm in a better stop emotionally now to handle it. I think if I can get to a week with no cheating, it'll be easier at that point. Perhaps that's naive. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Thanks

simplelivingSD
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm starting tomorrow and I'm really worried about the first few days. I had horrible headaches the last time i tried this. I tried all of the suggestions that the IP people had but nothing seemed to help. I crashed and burned in the first few days. I know how awful that seems but I feel like I'm in a better stop emotionally now to handle it. I think if I can get to a week with no cheating, it'll be easier at that point. Perhaps that's naive. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Thanks

Good luck!! I think that if you can make it through the first week your body will not want the carbs as much. Not saying it will be a breeze after that but you will be more in control and hopefully feel quite a bit better. Tomorrow is the beginning of my week 2 and I feel so much better already. I did have to go to bed at 8 and 8:30 two nights last week tho. Just think, you will feel so much better. It may only take a few days this time for the headaches to go away.

sami04
03-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Ive been a lurker for a while now and thought I should post and introduce myself. Ive been on IP since February 1st and down 16 pounds and 20 inches! 1st couple of days were rough but im glad that I stuck it out, as I am feeling great right now. I have been pretty basic with my food but I have been reading through recipes on here and I think I will give them a try!

jeffiner
03-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I need some advice from any men on here or anyone with a husband on IP. I am trying to get my husband to do the alternatives with me this time around because he needs to lose just as bad as I do. I want BOTH of us to be health for the kids. He is insistent that he can loose if I just feed him different and he eats smaller portions. We tried that and it did not work for long. He needs to have a total change in his thoughts on food. I have found being on this diet the first time you learn the tools to be healthy even after you are done. You just need to apply those tools. I think it would benefit him greatly. He on the other hand thinks diets are for women and that there is no way he could do this because of the work he does. He is the fix it man where he works. He is way more active than a desk job but not as active as a construction worker (I don't think). I just think that HE thinks he would have to turn in his man card if he ate food from a packet.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS ALL :)

My husband is doing this with me. The only IP food he eats at work is a bar in the afternoon. He usually eats a big salad at his desk for lunch.
Maybe tell him that you will be more successful if he does it with you. Or if your dh packs a lunch he can switch the protein to lunchtime. He wont have to hand in his mancard if hes eating an 8 oz steak!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-04-2013, 06:06 PM

You could have been eating tomatoes already!

They're on the restricted vegetable list for Phases 1-3. You can have a 1 cup serving twice per week.

Phase 2 is the same as Phase 1 except you're replacing your lunch packet with 8 oz of meat.

No cheese until Phase 3.

Alemap1981
03-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone! Just introducing myself. This is my first day on IP. Had a baby 3 1/2 months ago. I was so proud of making it through my pregnancy (6 weeks of which was strict bed rest!) exercising every day and eating better than ever begore in my life. I on 25 lbs and two weeks after giving birth was only up 2.5 lbs. Well, fast forward to now and I have managed to gain 21 lbs! I have always been an emotional earer and the stress/sleeplessness of parenthood has taken its toll. My sister had great success with IP so I thought I should give it a try. Today was good, though struggled with eating all those veggies. I am a carb addict so know this week will be hard, but reading these posts is so encouraging!!!

bellasamimom
03-04-2013, 07:28 PM

Thanks

I used excederin to help with the headaches. After about a week a truly felt like I was getting the hang of IP.

YOu can do it!!!
:dust:

leadedge
03-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Do any of your clinics use that "hand held" thing that measures your BMI, lean mass, fat mass etc. Although I have lost 34lbs I always get crazy readings on my BMI with that thing. It kinda yo-yos. It is showing that my BMI has only dropped 2% from my first reading 34lbs ago. My lean mass has gone way up so that BMI number seems very strange. My coaches don't get it either:?:

leannekarella
03-04-2013, 07:41 PM
It's like Christmas in March! :santa:

I just went to my USA mailbox and picked up all my IP/alternative foods. I have a dozen Quest Bars I can't wait to sample, and a huge order from Netrition with LOTS of stuff to sample. Yippeee!

I needed something good today. The weekend sucked! (Not diet wise...just life.)

:D

leannekarella
03-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Do any of your clinics use that "hand held" thing that measures your BMI, lean mass, fat mass etc. Although I have lost 34lbs I always get crazy readings on my BMI with that thing. It kinda yo-yos. It is showing that my BMI has only dropped 2% from my first reading 34lbs ago. My lean mass has gone way up so that BMI number seems very strange. My coaches don't get it either:?:

I refuse to use the thing. I've had lean mass measured with a REAL machine. The handheld thing looks stupid and gives dumb readings, in my opinion (Don't yell at me if you love it). So I just told my coach I'm not doing it anymore. Besides, they charge extra for it.

leadedge
03-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I refuse to use the thing. I've had lean mass measured with a REAL machine. The handheld thing looks stupid and gives dumb readings, in my opinion (Don't yell at me if you love it). So I just told my coach I'm not doing it anymore. Besides, they charge extra for it.

Strange, I wonder why they would charge you? I only get charged for the food I buy, nothing to do with the visits. It does seem like it doesn't work to well :)

M35A2
03-04-2013, 07:54 PM

Last week my numbers were way off so my coach had me do it again and they fell back in to an area that was expected. If you hold it too close to your body while testing it'll throw it off too.

I really can't understand these clinics that charge extra for everything (WI, BMI testing, coaching videos). My clinic charged me an initial consultation fee (and actually let me and DW do it at the same time so only 1 fee) and then just whatever my food comes out to each week. Seems like there's an awful lot of greedy clinics out there and not surprising more folks are switching to alternates.

Suchawittygal
03-04-2013, 08:02 PM
My husband is doing this with me. The only IP food he eats at work is a bar in the afternoon. He usually eats a big salad at his desk for lunch.
Maybe tell him that you will be more successful if he does it with you. Or if your dh packs a lunch he can switch the protein to lunchtime. He wont have to hand in his mancard if hes eating an 8 oz steak!

My DH is doing it with me also. He has switched his protein meal to his lunch and it has helped a lot. He's okay with the packets at work also. I'm really happy he has embraced it like he has. Once he started seeing the pounds come off, there was no stopping him! I hope your DH will start up and get hooked like mine did.

scorbett1103
03-04-2013, 08:09 PM

Welcome to the last diet you'll ever need :) Remember that you can have as much lettuce as you want, you can eat 2 egg whites per day as a "freebie", and if you REALLY need it, you can have 1 extra unrestricted packet in the first week. Also keep on drinking PLENTY of water, sometimes hunger is really thirst in disguise. You will do great!

According to my docs scales ( I was in about 6 weeks before I started IP) I am down 34lbs in 2 months!!!!! Amazing!! They weren't even going to weigh me just wrote down my previous weight. That of course made me comment that that was NOT what I weighed anymore she looked kinda of embarrassed and asked me to get on the scales. After which she told me I was the first person that had ever asked to be weighed Lol.

LOVE THIS!!!
Thanks Scorbett, so i have gained weight since being in maintanence but inches have stayed the same and im lifting weights...that's ok right lol

Absolutely :) Muscle weighs more than fat but takes up a lot less space :)

ONDERLAND!

WOO HOOOO!!!

Cheese is not till P3 (and really not till P4, because cheese counts as your dairy product in P3 but it's hard to juggle that with the fat and calorie restrictions in P3 breakfasts). Tomato is a restricted veggie (1 cup twice per week) in P1 and is the same until P4. Once you are in maintenance ALL veggies are unrestricted and unmeasured.

Ignore it - those machines are less accurate than the old-fashioned fat calipers at your doc's office. It's just a fancy gadget that doesn't tell you any real information - it's ok for tracking trends but the actual number it spits out is meaningless.

scorbett1103
03-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Soooo....I am closing up my first day OFFICIALLY in maintenance! It's a little scary to see the calories add up in MFP, but I'm still within a very healthy range and I feel pretty good about my choices today. Maintenance takes so much more thought than any of the other phases - I'm so thankful there is a PLAN for phasing off that slowly gets your brain and body in the right mindset to deal with maintenance.

I am SO grateful to the folks on this forum - I think this is the first diet I have EVER done where I actually made it all the way to the end, and there's no way I would have made it without everybody here :)

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Debrasb
03-04-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm so excited for you Scorbett. I am actually very nervous about maintenance. Phase 1 is so routine after 6 months--I'm used to it!

My DH has done IP with me the whole way. He's down 155 pounds to my 60, and he looks incredible. It will be critical for us to phase off together and commit to our changes -- much more likely to be successful in the long run if we remain on the same page. The last six months have been great doing this together and supporting each other. Definitely good for our marriage all around.

SFNinerGirl
03-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Soooo....I am closing up my first day OFFICIALLY in maintenance! It's a little scary to see the calories add up in MFP, but I'm still within a very healthy range and I feel pretty good about my choices today. Maintenance takes so much more thought than any of the other phases - I'm so thankful there is a PLAN for phasing off that slowly gets your brain and body in the right mindset to deal with maintenance.

I am SO grateful to the folks on this forum - I think this is the first diet I have EVER done where I actually made it all the way to the end, and there's no way I would have made it without everybody here :)

Congratulations! That's so exciting! :carrot:

IdealProteinNewbie
03-04-2013, 08:26 PM
My DH has done IP with me the whole way. He's down 155 pounds to my 60, and he looks incredible. It will be critical for us to phase off together and commit to our changes -- much more likely to be successful in the long run if we remain on the same page. The last six months have been great doing this together and supporting each other. Definitely good for our marriage all around.

Wow! Amazing job, both of you :D

simplelivingSD
03-04-2013, 08:53 PM

My DH is doing it with me also. He has switched his protein meal to his lunch and it has helped a lot. He's okay with the packets at work also. I'm really happy he has embraced it like he has. Once he started seeing the pounds come off, there was no stopping him! I hope your DH will start up and get hooked like mine did.

Well that does not sound too bad at all! I think he would be ok but I don't think he could stay OP all the time and be serious about it. I think I am going to try and talk to him and have him try it for at least a week and go from there. Thanks for the input :)

Debrasb
03-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Wow! Amazing job, both of you :D

Thanks so much. He's pretty much done, I still have a bit to go -- but we're closer than we were!!

simplelivingSD
03-04-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm so excited for you Scorbett. I am actually very nervous about maintenance. Phase 1 is so routine after 6 months--I'm used to it!

That is great! Wow!

leannekarella
03-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Strange, I wonder why they would charge you? I only get charged for the food I buy, nothing to do with the visits. It does seem like it doesn't work to well :)

This is the only "extra" that they're charging for. They got it last month, and said first month free, then there's a fee. There's some online chart you can access with your stats, etc. I have no idea. I told them no.

My2loseW8
03-04-2013, 09:14 PM

Way to go!:high::cheer3: Thank you for paving the way! Keep us informed on how you are doing! So exciting!!!
~My

DRegan
03-04-2013, 09:16 PM
My clinic has a scale that measures
everything through the computer from the
bottom of my barefeet! when I weigh in.
How can it do all that? Crazy!
Anyone else?

scorbett1103
03-04-2013, 09:24 PM
My clinic has a scale that measures
everything through the computer from the
bottom of my barefeet! when I weigh in.
How can it do all that? Crazy!
Anyone else?

LOL...true story, it can't.

Those scales are not at ALL accurate when they spit out numbers for body fat% and lean mass. They are helpful in keeping track of trends up/down only because they use the same calculation every time - but the actual number is pretty much meaningless.

BrittStar027
03-04-2013, 09:26 PM
So this morning i woke up with ridiculous stomach cramps/upset stomach. I'm not dealing with "C" and am just ending my TOM. Not sure what the heck is going on (could be something i ate last night, but not quite sure how broccoli slaw, chicken breast and lettuce could cause this). Any suggestions for upset stomach? Normally i would eat a ginormous bowl of rice or noodles and sip on ginger ale. Today i just drank herbal tea and water and tried to stick to some "mellow" veggies and packets. What you all do for upset stomach? I'm also afraid of taking any pepto, i really don't want to mess with my "going" as it's a sensitive balance for me anyways...

50harvest
03-04-2013, 10:45 PM

ONDERLAND!

Way to go! Congrats!

workingit50
03-04-2013, 10:52 PM
I had WI today, -2. Third WI and down 10 lbs. My coach does not seem very knowledgeable about science of program and when responding to questions she thinks non-stevia sweeteners are ok. Not what I am getting from this thread. Only stevia right?

scorbett1103
03-04-2013, 10:56 PM
I had WI today, -2. Third WI and down 10 lbs. My coach does not seem very knowledgeable about science of program and when responding to questions she thinks non-stevia sweeteners are ok. Not what I am getting from this thread. Only stevia right?

Stevia or Splenda are your best choices for sweetener. The one you really want to avoid is aspartame.

jeffiner
03-04-2013, 10:58 PM
:congrat:

The info you found is correct.
The plan suggests grapeseed oil for cooking
I cook with coconut oil.
I use olive oil on salads, etc but don't heat it.

According to paleo diet grapeseed is the worst oil to cook with

Ive attached there chart...
http://www.balancedbites.com/PDFs/BOOK_EXTRAS/PracticalPaleo_GuidetoCookingFats.pdf

workingit50
03-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Stevia or Splenda are your best choices for sweetener. The one you really want to avoid is aspartame.

Thanks so much, that is what I thought...gosh she did not know.

LizJazz
03-04-2013, 11:04 PM
How EXCITING Scorbett!! You will do great on maintence!!!

scorbett1103
03-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Thanks so much, that is what I thought...gosh she did not know.

I have a big bruise on my forehead from banging it against the table every time I see coaches giving bad information to IPers. The more you read the forums the more you'll find that the truly well informed coaches are few and far between. Thank goodness for everyone here!

workingit50
03-04-2013, 11:30 PM
I have a big bruise on my forehead from banging it against the table every time I see coaches giving bad information to IPers. The more you read the forums the more you'll find that the truly well informed coaches are few and far between. Thank goodness for everyone here!

I have already discovered this thread will help me tremendously as I don't feel a connection with the clinic or my coach. Thanks to you and the others who are so active and mentoring others.

I send you a big ice pack for your forehead bruise! :bubbles:

DoingitDeb
03-05-2013, 12:06 AM

Wat to make that scale move!

ONDERLAND!

:bravo::fr::dance:

What a thinspiration I can't wait for Onederland!

Great work!

FlooNimbus13127
03-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was only down 1 pound this week, but when I saw the 163 on the scale I realized that was a number I hadn't seen in 6 years. It's a small victory and one I'll happily take.

Just trying to remember to stay super hydrated with all the dry air and Santa Ana winds in southern CA...

Good Night!