South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Monday Morning Beach Chat 3/4

Sorry but I could not think of anything nice to say about Mondays. Maybe because I had to ditch half my coffee to make my train. No worries as there is plenty of coffee at work....NO donoughts!!! Lol

So far so good by planning for little indiscretions the scale and I are friends lately. Having dinner with Joe's daughter and boyfriend Friday. I volunteered to bring dessert (SB friendly) and salad. Saturday we are going to a Fundraiser dinner. We went last year and the food choices were pretty good.

Otherwise work today, plus Rylee duty. Nancy and Jim are coming home tonight. I hope to take a few hours off from work to beat them home. Just in case Rylee leaves a present.

Hope everyone is well rested. Looking forward to reading about your day on my train ride home.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It definitely feels like a Monday. Weekends need to be longer. My next job will be 4 days (a girl can dream).

Jennifer - Elana just added an apple tart I need to try I went to Trader Joe's and bought 10 bags of almond meal. I'll share a few but half are for me. I can't find almond meal for twice that most places. Hope there was plenty of good coffee waiting for you at work!

The legislature is off this week so hopefully I will just be in my turf visiting and a little catch-up. Sounds like we might have a staff mtg on Friday so that will be a long drive. I've requested a 3 pm end time so I'm not home so late. I hate getting home that late on Friday.

Last night we put the little greenhouse up and I bought some seeds. Tonight I'll get my greens started. Can't wait to see things growing again!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday Morning, Chickies. The house is cold this morning so the dogs and I had a snuggle with coffee until it warmed up. Today is supposed to be the last of our below freezing days and then we head into pre-spring temperatures - cold at night and warmer during the day. Perfect days for maple sap production. The lads will be happy.

Jennifer, I sure hope Rylee did not leave you any presents. I never appreciate the occasional gift from my two.

Cyndi, I almost want to move to the States just because of the things you can buy at placed like Trader Joe's. I doubt that I can get almond flour here.

Gym is on the schedule this morning but I think I'll pass. My darned finger is still bleeding every so often and I don't think pull-downs will help it. I have quilt group this morning too but it's at the Clinic. (Our medical clinic is also a community space.) I'll drop off three quilts I've finished and also see if a nurse will check out this finger. I suspect it's too late for stitches.

We'll see what the rest of the day brings. In the meantime, !!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Weekends are too darned short, even with a 4 day work week.

Jennifer, have a good day and I hope you make it home but find no little surprise gifts from Rylee!

Cyndi, it sounds like you struck gold at TJ's. Have fun planting in your greenhouse this afternoon.

Ruth, I hope they can do something about your finger so it can start healing. Have yourself a great day.

Mondays are always busy for me at the farm after a weekend, and I'll run up to visit Mom at the nursing home afterwards. Cindy is really understanding about letting me leave early so I can spend more time with her. Sadly, Mom is failing more and more every day and time is precious.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I thoroughly enjoyed my bike ride yesterday...good thing because it's snowing this morning. I slept in and need to get cracking here...work calls.

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear your mom is failing so quickly. It is such a blessing that you have flexibility with work and so much other family avaliable to spend time with her.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Off to workout with my mom today. My foot should be fine with anything sitting or standing as long as I don't need to bend it, so, sadly (tee hee) no lunges. I work this afternoon. I have a list of niggles to get to this week but am not sure if I'll knock of any today or not.

Today will be my first day without Prednisone since before Thanksgiving
Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Height: 5'6"

Day three on phase one.
Yesterday we celebrated my father-in-laws birthday. My SIL cooked - pretty much everything wasn't on phase I: honey baked ham, potato salad, deviled eggs AND too boot, three cakes!!!!! . . . I did what I could and passed on the cakeS. kindly she sent the leftover cakes for my 7 kids to enjoy! I have moved them out of sight.
I do feel so much better a couple of hours after a meal.
karen I do not feel like myself the times I have taken steroids, I do hope all goes well with the transition.
Lindai am very sorry about your mother and her declining health.
CindyM how do you cook with almond flour? Is it the same as flour?
RuthI love to quilt! Hope your finger heals soon and someone can look at it today.

Off for a full day of homeschooling.
Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

Congrats on Day 3 Grace!
Congrats Karen!
Great score Cyndi!
Ruth and all, STAY WARM!!!

As for me, I got up to go get my blood work done but it was packed (as it was on Saturday) and all I could do was think of the egg cups I made last night so I high-tailed it home and yummy! DW will be pleasantly surprised that I will wake up early and take her to the metro in the morning tomorrow.

Still job hunting...this stinks!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Ruth hope the nurse can do something about your finger

Cottage so sorry to hear about your mom, but I am glad you are getting to spend lots of time with her

to everyone else I have been in meetings all morning and need to get some work done.

Have a great afternoon, it is supposed to be warming up some here whewhoo!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The clinic nurse told me I did absolutely the right thing with my finger. She removed my bandages, did a little cleaning and re-bandaged it. I'm already healing she says. Funny but she bandaged it exactly the same way I did. Maybe I was a nurse in a previous life? He prescription: Vit C, water, rest and find the corkscrew next time.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #11  

LOL Ruth what great advice! Maybe an automatic corkscrew would be best.

Linda keeping your mom and family in my thoughts and prayers.

Debbie I cannot wait to ride outdoors again!

Grace7 great job resisting cakes!!!!

Jenne would you pick me up from my train

Karen sounds like you are doing well. Glad you get to stop the prednisone hope your foot feels better.

Well at least I am on my way home, not as early as I hoped. Day dragged until the end. Nothing like getting punched in the face by one of my own cops. Gee I thought I was a liked sergeant. All good we were attempting to place a female in custody. She was quite the fighter! Took 6 of us to get her under control. In the may lay I got sucker punched. Oh yeah I am getting a glass if wine tonight!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #12  

CyndiM I am going to check out the recipe as soon as I get home. Almond flour is so expensive I wish I had TJ
Closed Thread