Old 03-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Frozen Fiesta 2013 Chat Thread Week 9 (Mar 04/13 - Mar 10/13)

Here are the week 8 results

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Frozen Fiesta official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 15.3 lbs or 0.36%

Our Biggest Loser:
KimL (-5.0 lbs, 1.95%)

Honourable Mentions: Nikel1979 (-3.8 lbs, 1.67%)

ArmyGirl (-2.5 lbs, 1.20%)

Rainbowsmiles (-2 lbs, 0.71%)

2 team members were eliminated this week, so we're at 20 members .

Here we go- steam rollin' into week 9 5 weeks left in this challenge.
Keep on chuggin' along and turn that focus inward for positive outcomes!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Nice work Kim, Nickel, Armygirl and Rainbow! You girls rock!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #3  
helpingrachel

Way to go..... Kim, Nickel, Armygirl and Rainbow. Way to lead the red team with great losses. Here's to a great week on plan and with lots of exercise.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

way to go ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

Way to go KimL!!! Also kudos to Nikel1979 and Rainbowsmiles!!!

Jeez, only 5 weeks to go! I am on target to get to my goal of Onederland by the end of this challenge!!! I'm so excited It's been a few years since I've been down that far!

I have really picked up the exercise last week, and so far have kept it up into this week! Also, drinking lots of water! I've had 10 cups already! That's a lot for me...lol

I hope everyone has a great week! Remember to get your workouts in and we'll kick the blue team's butts this week! Go Red!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #6  

Hi gang- hope everyone's week has started off well. We're awfully quiet so far.

Is everyone preparing for the next blast of winter?
We got a foot of snow on Sunday. It took DH & I an hour to clear the driveway, normally one of us can do it in about 30 min.

Other than that not much to report here. Just trying to stay the course. I must be ready to ovulate (sorry TMI) as I'm finding it difficult not to snack ALL the time. Blah.
Off to walk the dog! Have a good night all.

Last edited by CanadaMel; 03-05-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #7  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Well this probably won't be a good week for me when it comes to weighing in. I haven't found the time to work out at all. One of my kiddos has strep (again), an ear infection, and pneumonia.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #8  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Nikel1979~ Yikes! I hope your kiddo feels better soon!

CanadaMel
~ It's looking like we might get some snow Thursday night into Friday morning, but nothing serious. Out of curiosity, what does it take for schools to cancel? We have to be looking at a minimum of 8" the night before and at least another 8" the day of... we don't cancel due to cold unless the buses don't start...

ArmyGirl~ So close to OneDerland!!! Woohoo!!! I'm psyched for you to be so close!!!

rainbowsmiles
, helping rachel, Riddy~

Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately. Life is super crazy busy right now with new online classes starting and yearbook deadlines quickly approaching. Not to mention my grad class that I'm about halfway through... UGH!!!

I beat my best "walking" time last week by throwing some jogging in, so I didn't really count it as beat although I did like seeing the new low number... However, I tied that jog/walk time tonight with just walking! I've gone from starting between 73-75 minutes to 65 minutes!!! 4.1 miles total and my aim is to do that in 62 minutes, so only 3 minutes to go!

Very close to the 240s right now and hoping to see a 24... on the scale this weekend!

Going to try to get more than 4 hours of sleep tonight!

G'night everyone!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone -- I'm doing a fly by so you won't think I'm at Baskin Robbins diving head first into the ice cream.....I only slept 2 hours last night, and worked to night was hard....I am down to 274 now which makes me happy....bleah...I can't think.....BEST WISHES to everyone! Congrats to biggest losers :-)

I'm outta here to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz land.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #10  

Nicole- :hugs: to you and your kids! Speedy recovery to all.

Kim- snow days? What are those. We've been here 13 years and the schools have never been closed due to snow or cold. One day they did an early dismissal, but that's it.
Good job on the walking!! Getting faster & faster.

Elizabeth- get your rest. 2 hours is no where near enough sleep.

Army girl- just saw you are in Yellowknife- guess I should quit my whining about the weather it's funny 'cause I work for the Arctic Institute of North America, but all I dream about is moving to Hawaii-lol

Hi to everyone else- come out, come out wherever you are.

Have an awesome Wednesday!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 03-06-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone
I finally have regained my focus and I feel good. I have been exercising regularly and I love all the extra energy I have. I have found following a rotation has helped me to stay committed to working out. I am currently using the XTrain series and I love it!
I haven't been working as much and I am ok with that. When I first got hired on I felt like I had to say yes to every call-in, but I was burning myself out. Now, I say no to some of the shifts and I feel so much better. I'm not as stressed, and I am spending more time with my kids and husband.

Congratulations KimL for being our BL this week!
Congrats also to ArmyGirl, Nicole and Rainbowsmiles!

AmryGirl - That's awesome that you are so close to your goal of onederland :clap:

Mel - We've been lucky as we haven't had any snow this year. We are getting lots of rain though. I'm so ready for Spring!

Nicole - I hope your little one is feeling better

KimL -
Quote:
However, I tied that jog/walk time tonight with just walking! I've gone from starting between 73-75 minutes to 65 minutes!!!
That's is awesome!

Elizabeth - I hope you are able to get a good long sleep tonight!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #12  

Sounds like everyone is having a busy week. We have some international visitors in for training and that means a week of catering lunches and providing beverages and snacks in the classroom not to mention cleaning that up after classes. Of course they had to schedule it the first of the month so reports are still due, etc. etc. Really a crazy busy week.

I did manage to start obedience training my dog so he has helped me to get my 10K steps in almost every day. He is doing great, such a smart boy. This is the one someone dropped in our neighborhood, I’m determined to make whoever left him and his sibling on their own to eat their heart out when they see what a great guy he has turned into. I have only introduced him to healing but he has learned very quickly that the only way to know which way I am going to be walking is to watch me. I’m a crazy old lady and changes directions abruptly if he doesn’t seem to be paying attention. Each day it is harder and harder to surprise him. Next week we will work on sit.

I’m still struggling with my plateau. I have decided I might have been cutting my calories to low and so this week I’ve been adding some back in to give my body a break. It is so spooky to do that, I’m so scared that I will start gaining but really think I need to be eating more to change the pattern I’ve been in. I know I won’t lose weight this week but hope that I can manage to maintain but hopefully it will mix things up enough that next week I start making some progress again. I’ve been dieting for a year now so it is probably time for me to hit a plateau and I know I still need to loose so I will play around with it to see what it takes to get things rolling again. I’m not discouraged, just challenged on how best to adjust things.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #13  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Evangeline, plateaus SUCK. I'm actually considering the Dr Oz 3 day detox, not to lose weight per se, but to shake my body up (pun intended). Then I think I'll start transitioning off Medifast. I have a 4 day weekend next week, so I might try it then. I just have to get through the next 6 10.5-hour days in a row. :-/

Kim, that's great on your faster times!

Elizabeth - you need sleep, girl! It's either very likely or proven that lack of sleep is bad for weight loss.

Narnia - nice work! Keep moving!

I saw the trainer again today. We did a lot of leg stuff - he said I may be cursing going down the stairs tomorrow morning. I think I'll head upstairs early and take a preemptive Epsom salt bath.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I did catch up on sleep. UNfortunaty when I go home and try to get on laptop it's not working. I'm doing well with food. Hope you are also. Okay tired of typing one finger on iPhone. Hope to fix laptop next day or too.

Hang in everyone and DRINK ur water. Team hug.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #15  

Hi Gang-
Wow- a day of rest in the hectic race called life. Time to spend some time with the kids and enjoy our sunny but cool day here.
Scale is not being kind, but oh well- roll with the punches.
Try to have a great OP day!