03-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a photo update of my weight loss journey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdOgR_74JM

Mozzy
03-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Congrats on your transformation

Magicsusan
03-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Wow! Keep up the good work, you're looking very fit!

Kaitie9399
03-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi! Great job!

Did you lose 105 pounds in 6 months?

chubbiegurl
03-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Congrats! U look great!

Dirty Fighter
03-04-2013, 12:03 AM
u go girl !!!

Great job

Lilytoby
03-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Wow, congratulations - you look brilliant!

Exhale15
03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Inspiration :carrot::carrot::carrot:

See, high 'natural' carbs is waaaay different than processed carbs.

You look great and you probably feel like a million bucks!

Annleslie
03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm watching all of Melissa's vids on YouTube. She's gotten my attention.

Annleslie
03-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Holy cow! This definitely would require my thinking to be reprogrammed.

4000 calories/day? 8 bananas in one meal?

I don't know about this.

I'm vegetarian, but I enjoy my eggs, cheese and milk.

Annleslie
03-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Hmmm...I've been reading feedback from some women commenters on YouTube who say that the Banana Girl Diet made them gain weight, though they were following it strictly.

One in particular gained 30 something pounds, then lost it several months later, so it was a push.

Silver Sky
03-12-2013, 11:27 PM
I've been watching Freelee & Durianrider for a year or so. But I haven't really gotten around to trying banana island. I did a McDougall style diet for a couple of months. I didn't lose anything but I didn't gain either, but I was sort of cheating (eating whole packages of Oreos every day and such).

I love bananas and they are really cheap here, so I need to try this out soon.

Annleslie
03-13-2013, 02:47 AM
...but I was sort of cheating (eating whole packages of Oreos every day and such).

Lol...sort of?

But, I don't think the Banana Girl Diet is limited to bananas. It's just the raw food Vegan lifestyle, with few exceptions such as potatoes.

Silver Sky
03-13-2013, 03:00 AM
Lol...sort of?

Tee Hee. But hey, I didn't gain. :carrot:

But, I don't think the Banana Girl Diet is limited to bananas. It's just the raw food Vegan lifestyle, with few exceptions such as potatoes.

Well, like I said, I'm not new to Freelee. Been watching her for a while, and she strongly recommends a high banana diet, with a few dates, mangos and salads thrown in. She doesn't eat potatoes. She's fully raw.

Annleslie
03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Silver Sky, So, let me get this straight. The recommendation is to eat foods that occur naturally in nature (redundant, I know), but not cook them or season them? None of the condiments I can't fathom going without? No salt, butter, olive oil, mayonnaise, soy sauce, salad dressings?

So, just eat lettuce plain? Cauliflower and broccoli raw? No other flavors added...like a bunny rabbit eats?

Silver Sky
03-13-2013, 09:24 PM
What I have seen is this: Freelee and Durianrider eat mostly bananas, oranges, mangos & dates for breakfast & lunch. Dinner is usually a large salad of various raw greens. I'm not certain what they use for salad dressing, but they rarely ever use avocados because of the fat, so I'm going to guess that it's blended up fruit perhaps.

They don't eat cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc) because they say those vegetables cause digestive problems when eaten raw.

But yeah, they are both fully raw 99.9% of the time. It's basically a purely raw fruit diet with a few salad greens thrown in.

Annleslie
03-13-2013, 09:59 PM
It's basically a purely raw fruit diet with a few salad greens thrown in.

This clarifies so much. Thank you.

Annleslie
03-14-2013, 05:33 AM
Well, I have been researching 80/10/10 non-stop today, and while I was initially intrigued by the positive input, I was equally dismayed by the negative reviews. There are a slew of them on Amazon and the common theme is health degeneration opposed to regeneration. Also, there seems to be an unsavory backlash from supporters of 80/10/10 when anyone doesn't agree with the lifestyle or has experienced it and suffered poor health because of it.

This diet is extreme. That's for sure. I've seen Freelea's before and after pics and thought she looked healthy and beautiful before. After she looks nearly worse than an anorexic 12 year-old girl desperate for sexual attention. Despite her positive energy, I don't find her to be a sound representative of 80/10/10 being a healthy lifestyle.

I think I'll keep looking for something more moderate, yet highly effective.

justinjean
03-16-2013, 01:49 PM
thank you for sharing
good job

cjk221
05-04-2013, 10:17 PM
loved the video, congrats on your amazing transformation!

tarabella
11-18-2013, 02:41 AM
I did the 811 diet for 6 months religiously except sometimes ate 15% fat in a day instead of 10%. My skin looked great but I gained about 20lbs even though I was working out alot. I gave up and now am looking at Paleo which makes me feel a bit crazy..all carb to no carb almost eek!:dizzy: