Ideal Protein Diet - Rewards

View Full Version : Rewards

claygirl
03-02-2013, 11:48 PM
I decided to treat myself to something every 10 pounds. So far I've lost 14 and never treated myself after my 10lb loss. So I had a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon and went and browsed and bought a Brita water pitcher. Love it! Looking forward to the next 10lb purchase!

What do you do for yourself and when???

SFNinerGirl
03-03-2013, 12:34 AM
Hair extensions. I work in sales and need to look good so the one treat I give to myself is making my hair look amazing.

Don't do massages, pedicures, spa days, shopping for myself. But my hair is something that I love and treat myself to. And, it makes me feel really good on top of losing weight. :)

chubbiegurl
03-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Do u live alone if not that is not a reward for u but for everyone, sorry but u have to go back out and get something specifically for u.lol I didn't do many small goal rewards cause I am on a budget and I guess u can say cheap. Well when I got 3 lbs from goal I got 6 jeans, 2 jackets, 8-10 shirts, got fitted and bought an expensive bra and new undies. I also got a pedicure. I just bought myself a gel nail kit for not biting my nails for almost 2 months. I think clothes, mani pedis, a massage, purse or other accessories would be a good reward. Congrats on the 15lbs

scorbett1103
03-03-2013, 01:59 AM
I bought an Alex & Ani charm bracelet (I chose charms that had meaning for me) for every 10lbs I lost. Hearing those seven bracelets jingle on my arm every day is a great reminder of what I have accomplished - both when I need a boost AND when I might be tempted to reach for something that won't keep me where I'm at!

Debrasb
03-03-2013, 06:27 AM
I bought an Alex & Ani charm bracelet (I chose charms that had meaning for me) for every 10lbs I lost. Hearing those seven bracelets jingle on my arm every day is a great reminder of what I have accomplished - both when I need a boost AND when I might be tempted to reach for something that won't keep me where I'm at!

I love that idea! Something you'll always have to remind you of this journey.

KitKat169
03-03-2013, 09:11 AM
I did a big fancy spa treatment for every 25lbs. For goal, I bought myself a new iPad and FitBit tracker to move me into maintenance (it should literally 'move me' more!)

animallover
03-03-2013, 09:41 AM
I decided to treat myself to something every 10 pounds. So far I've lost 14 and never treated myself after my 10lb loss. So I had a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon and went and browsed and bought a Brita water pitcher. Love it! Looking forward to the next 10lb purchase!

What do you do for yourself and when???

I've been rewarding myself with pampering - massage, pedicure, facial :) I'm planning on a big shopping trip when I reach goal too ;)

animallover
03-03-2013, 09:44 AM

I absolutely love this idea! I may have to look into something similar... ;)

leannekarella
03-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Saving up for a big wardrobe shopping trip when I hit goal. In between it's trips to the second hand store to find stuff that won't fall off now.

Tight budget. Family to feed. You know... Life! lol

NinjaNurse
03-03-2013, 11:57 AM
I just went a little nuts with my last loss. I bought some $$$ Moisturizer, some new clogs, earrings.........

My 1st 'gift' was a necklace. I also bought cowgirl boots, but that was a loss/b-day gift.

I am hoping to treat myself on my trip.

lovetorun3
03-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Saving up for a big wardrobe shopping trip when I hit goal. In between it's trips to the second hand store to find stuff that won't fall off now.

Tight budget. Family to feed. You know... Life! lol

That's exactly what I'm planning for! My husband & daughter are also on the program so they'll need new wardrobes as well! But it will be totally worth the $$$ when we're all at goal!!!:carrot:

Calisto
03-03-2013, 01:22 PM
When I lost 20 I bought myself a new jacket a size smaller (plus it was on super sale)

When I lost 36 I bought myself some new shoes for my birthday :)

When I lost 50 I colored my hair red

When I lost 66 I got a full body massage, was planning on it anyway but went for 80 min instead of just 40!

Plan on buying treats (healthier) for my co workers when I hit 70 because they have been so supportive and helpful through all this. They compliment me every day.

I think once I hit 80 I will do something else, just not sure what. I have bought some new clothes along the way but that was nessessity.... lol

AmberMae
03-03-2013, 02:07 PM
I am planning on buying new clothes when i loose more weight. So my hubby last night told me he is surprising me with a trip to las Vegas for 4 days. He had to tell me because i needed to take time off work. The trip is gonna be the weekend after we move into our Brand new house in may so first weekend in may. I am so excited and it is a huge motivator to loose this weight expecially for the plane ride. Also i wanna be looking smoking hot!! lol

HillaryJH
03-03-2013, 02:18 PM
My first goal is hitting a 10% weight loss which will be about 33 pounds. I plan on getting the battery in my watch replaced. (Boring, but I need it)

I think at -50 I will get a hair cut

I think at 25 pound increments after that I will go for pedicures/ manicures.

sept2012
03-03-2013, 02:25 PM
I saw this thread earlier today and reset my goal at the bottom of my sig. They are attainable. I am looking forward to each one of them. I used to be a mani/pedi person EVERY two weeks. I went on a crazy budget in January that does not alott for them every two weeks. So my first goal is to lose these 15 lbs I gained back and do a spa day. I have committed that I will not have the nails and toes done, professionally, until then. That is something to look forward to!

workingit50
03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I like to reward myself, non-food. Rewards come in the treat of a hike without huffing and puffing, pedicure, manicure. Plan to get my hair done at 25 lbs. I need to set my reward goals for fun.

Love the idea of the bracelet with add-ons.

WorldTraveleronIP
03-04-2013, 09:04 AM
I am rewarding myself with each 20 pound loss. The first mini goal was rewarded with new makeup and skin care. I had so much fun playing in Sephora with a slimmer face :)

The next 3- 20 pound losses will be rewarded with new clothing (the smallest size in my closet is petite 8...so I am looking forward to a petite 4-6 for the first time in my adult life)

meinvt
03-04-2013, 09:13 AM
I love the bracelet idea - I'm going to buy myself a present every month, which will start next week :angel:
I like the idea of looking at your wrist/hands and seeing the pounds or months stack up, so maybe I'll look at bracelets or stacking rings . . .I may have to window shop before next week. I've warned my husband to start saving his money because in a few months I will go on a serious shopping spree.:queen: He says he can't wait!

Cheekyskeeter
03-04-2013, 09:25 AM
I love Pandora bracelets and have a few of them. I bought myself a new bracelet (one of the leather ones) and have been buying a charm for each 5 lbs lost....which reminds me I haven't picked one for the last 5 I lost. I decided to go with a food theme for it. So far I have a cake, a cupcake and a pineapple....think the next one will be an apple. I have been picking up some new clothes as I lose as I had no choice but once I hit goal I plan to go on a full out shopping spree and get a bunch of new stuff.

mquinn106
03-04-2013, 09:48 AM
For 30 lbs lost I rewarded myself with a new bag. For 60 I will get a new pair of shoes. And the final 90 (or whenever I decide to stop) will be a new wardrobe. Also, working on a "skinny-moon" trip if I can maintain for 6 months or a year. Very exciting!!

Love the bracelet idea and having that reminder there...may need to add to my list :)

scorbett1103
03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Also, working on a "skinny-moon" trip if I can maintain for 6 months or a year. Very exciting!!

I love this idea!!!

simplelivingSD
03-04-2013, 08:38 PM
I am going to do a big Bath and body candle for 20 lb. I don't know what else after that. I am ALWAYS up for more Vera Bradley tho :)

50harvest
03-04-2013, 09:37 PM
My first reward will be when I reach "one-derland" & it will be a visit to my favorite second hand store. Other planned rewards-- new yoga clothes, fresh flowers, a massage, Philosophy lotion in my favorite scent, new lipstick after a beauty consultation. I like the idea of a bracelet with special charms too...may look into that also.

DannaA
03-07-2013, 09:14 AM
I LOVE the idea of rewarding ourselves for the small successes of loss along the way! I dont know that my hubby would agree :) but I think its a nice way to encourage ourselves :)

I havent figured out what my rewards may be... although I did tell my hubby when I reach my goal that I will go to our photographer and get some boudoir photos done for him :) My photographer has always encouraged me to come get some.. but at this size I wouldnt even dream of it... but maybe when i reach a slimmer sexier me I will be more receptive! :)

Love all the suggestions... keep up the good work everyone :D

LexiChanel1
03-07-2013, 10:02 AM
these are all amazing ideas. My DH promised me a trip to Italy when I reach goal. Its also our 5 year anniversary in July so I am hoping we can go. I have lost 47 lbs since having my baby, and I have always wanted a pair of designer shes so DH bought me a pair in January when I hit 130:) Love them.

Donna Gel
03-07-2013, 10:32 AM
I haven't really thought of rewards.

I didn't get rid of my smaller wardrobe when I put on this 30 pounds, so my reward is fitting into my clothes again. My goal is to lose 36 pounds total by the time my new store opens April 29th. Since I am no longer in the corporate world, but retail, I suppose I will have to have an entirely different wardrobe. :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/slide-jump/lb/0/36/11/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

claygirl
03-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Thinking of my 20lb loss reward. Hmmm. Love everyone's thoughts on how to treat yourself! (:

MSDEEDEE23
03-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I really love the bracelet idea, I think I will do that. When I reach 180 I want to go SKY DIVING!!!!!

California Kathy
03-19-2013, 07:07 AM
All great rewards. Scorbett, what a great idea . I tend to buy jewelry with meaning, to remind me of an exceptionally happy time or a time of achievement. The charms are a cool idea because you just keep adding them. very , very cool. I think i'm going to do that.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-19-2013, 09:08 AM
I have to think of a reward for myself...I'm coming up on 100 pounds gone soon :D

Jujubie
03-19-2013, 11:34 AM
I love the bracelet idea, but I will definitely be treating myself to a 90 minute massage at goal!

Desafinado
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
I haven't done anything yet to reward my efforts, but when I hit my second mini-goal I want to get a new outfit.

Mother of the Groom
03-19-2013, 12:20 PM
I bought myself my first reward, one month 100% OP. A smokin pair of red heels. :carrot:

claygirl
05-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Timberland hiking shoes. Hiking the Appalachian every day for 2.5 hrs. Looking forward to 30lbs.:)

Mizzthingaling
05-07-2013, 11:57 PM
I am doing one every 10 pounds until I am in onderland. My first reward (20 pounds) is a Matt Wertz Christmas CD (I love Christmas music, ha). I got my cartilage pierced after staying 100% for 2 weeks. Later I plan on getting a purse, new hair and a dress from this store that only sells to a large.

SylviesGirl
05-08-2013, 09:56 AM
I bought myself my first reward, one month 100% OP. A smokin pair of red heels. :carrot:

Great shoes! And great tattoo! Is that your dog??

I have never rewarded myself for weight loss as I always felt like I was just doing what I should have been doing already anyway. Since then, I have learned to not be so hard on myself. So my rewards are an important symbol of that concept for me.

I reward every 10 lbs with something that makes me feel prettier, something that reflects the new interest I have in my appearance. The first 10 lbs was a ring that I had been wanting for a while. Nothing expensive, but something I would have never allowed myself before. The next reward was a beautiful necklace I happened to come across -- another thing I would have never allowed myself before this. Third reward was a pair of earrings. All of these things will be with me even after the weight is all gone. I feel like I am slowly creating a new image -- and a new self-image -- for myself with these things.

Happymomof2
05-08-2013, 11:44 AM
I love Scorbetts idea! A visual reminder is wonderful. I am saving my reward for a new wardrobe once I hit goal. My closet is empty, I gave everything away so that I wouldn't have clothes to fall back on or into. I live in yoga pants and tees now. A gym membership would also be great too.
If I hit the lottery I wouldn't mind a boob lift, the girls are looking very deflated, LOL !

canic
05-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Like others I'm going shopping. I think I'll have a reward for points of time in maintenance, that's a great idea. Eg. when stick to exercise program for so many months, x number months still maintaining.

randygrl
05-08-2013, 04:10 PM
I love the idea of a bracelet as well. I will have to look into that myself. Thank you.

I lost my first 10lbs so I rewarded myself with a pedicure and a little window shopping at some secondhand boutiques here in town. :)

To keep me motivated and stash away some $$$ for my shopping spree when I make my goal I have paid into my weight loss jar.

For every pound lost from 0-20lbs I pay myself $5 a lb.
For every pound lost from 20-40lbs I pay myself $10 a lb.
For every pound lost from 40-60lbs I pay myself $15 a lb.

My final goal will be to make my goal by the end of October because the Hubby and I are going to Las Vegas for a week and we have not been away since our honeymoon 8 years ago. So excited!:carrot: Look out for the hot me in Vegas Baby!

65X65
05-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Started one of those add a bead charm bracelets...It looks great with my "new" wardrobe....

Before Valentine's day some of the stores advertised a special where the bracelet was "free" with purchase...and saw recently that mother's day means more deals are out there now....!

drivebynotthru
05-09-2013, 05:24 PM
my first goal is 25 lbs (i'm down 22.5 now) and I'm taking my 10yr old son to the movies on a date to show how much his support means to me. We're both counting down to that next week!!!!

Mother of the Groom
05-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Great shoes! And great tattoo! Is that your dog??

Thanks SylviesGirl, I love those shoes..lol..Yes that is my English Bulldog Lou lou, I had an artist friend design that tattoo from her picture.

I love the idea of rewarding yourself with jewelry, Our 25th anniversary is this year and DH was talking about getting new rings but I want to be at my goal first.