Old 03-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #1  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm back - here we go again!

Hi *waves*

I doubt there'll be anybody here who remembers me, so I look forward to making new friends.

Here's my story.

I first started losing weight back in 2005, starting at 213 lbs. In a year and 3 months I lost 66 lbs, taking me down to 147. Then I got pregnant.

I didn't go right back to where I started - even 9 months pregnant I wasn't at 200, but I had a fair bit to lose.

So, back on the diet I went again, losing all the weight, and more.

I started running when I got to 140 and that helped tremendously. I ended up at a tiny 129.6 at my very lowest, which was in the summer of 2009.

In the meantime, I'd broken up with the father of my baby, met someone new and we got engaged in September 2009. We got married in July 2010, and I weighed 138. So I hadn't managed to maintain my lowest weight, but I was still looking pretty good (see avi).

I stayed reasonably thin, hovering about 140. I kept running. I even ran the London Marathon in April 2011. But after that was when things started to go awry.

I hurt my foot quite badly running the Marathon. I could barely walk for a month, let alone run. After that I never really got back into it. The impetus of training for the Marathon was gone, and every time I started again, I got busy, or bored, or it got hard.

The weight crept on. I put away my lovely small clothes in two big black bin bags and bought more, telling myself it was only temporary. The weight continued to creep on. I tried to diet, only to give up after a week or so.

The weight carried on creeping on until my new bigger clothes started to get tight.

So this time I really am determined to do it again. I weighed myself on Monday and was 172.6!!

Since Monday I've lost 3 lbs which I'm really pleased with. I've set myself a max calorie intake of 1400, which I know from experience is doable and doesn't make me feel too hungry. I've started running again.

I am going to DO it this time! I want to be thin by summer. I want to be able to run three miles again without thinking about it. I want to be that lovely slim woman my husband fell in love with. He never saw me bigger. The biggest he ever saw me before we got married was about 144. He says it doesn't bother him, but I think it does.

So I'm back. From outer space etc etc
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/cw 147/gw 135/ugw 130

Height: 5'7''

Well hi! I'm newish to 3FC (although def not to dieting!). You look beautiful in your wedding pic!
bubblybarrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Welcome back and good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #4  

You seem to have a positive attitude, and that will definitely help you succeed. Good luck to you!
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #5  
MasterHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblybarrister View Post
Well hi! I'm newish to 3FC (although def not to dieting!). You look beautiful in your wedding pic!
Thank you. It was a good day!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Welcome!!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote