100 lb. Club - mthrgoose68 & Jo have each lost 100#

SuchAPrettyFace
05-15-2003, 01:42 PM
So let me be the first to say--CONGRATULATIONS, GALS!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!

And of course we want to know

a) how you did it

b) how you feel now compared to how you felt @ SW

I'm not sure anyone else wants to know this, but I want to see a typical menu from SW & a typical menu for today.

YOU GUYS ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!

:dance: :hat: :dancer: :balloons:

Sandi
05-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Woooo Hoooo

Congratulations both of you!!!! That is so great! :D :D :D

Yes! We want details!!!

Sheila53
05-15-2003, 02:18 PM
All right!! Congratulations!!

Yup, we all want to know--speech, speech, speech!

karefree2
05-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Yes, please, all the details. First, what is SW?

karefree2
05-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Never-mind....SW=starting weight, right? Still please share all the rest. What plan did you both use and how much exercise do you do? TIA Oh, and a great big CONGRATS!

Jo
05-15-2003, 04:57 PM
I've been following a diabetic exchange plan (about 1700 calories per day). I usually work out 1/2 hour in the morning (some type of aerobic workout) and 1/2 hour in the evening (toning or stretching). When I first started I was only doing like 10 - 15 minutes of aerobics and gradually increased the exercise when I could.

A typical day of eating for me now would be something like:

Breakfast:
1 vitamuffin (2 oz)
1/4 c. low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 c. pineapple
1 c. 1% milk

Mid-Morning:
Coffee

Lunch:
1 sandwich (2 slices lite bread, 2 oz. low fat ham, 1 slice 2% cheese, mustard)
1 apple
1 lite yogurt
1 oz Fat Free Pringles

Afternoon Snack:
1 oz chips (snack bag)

Supper:
3 oz. chicken breast
8 oz baked potato
1 Tbsp Promise Ultra
1 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
1 c. green beans
1/2 c. lite canned peaches
1 WW fudge bar

Evening Snack:
1 - 2 oz pretzels

I'm feeling a little ambivalent lately . . . I've come so far, yet I still have so far to go. I'm just now getting to where a lot of you started! Plus, when I started I thought that by my birthday this year (next week) I would be under 200. And here I am, closer to 250 than 200 :( I'm trying to focus on all the positive aspects of my journey -- my blood sugar levels are normal (without medicine), I'm off my blood pressure medication, I can walk from the parking lot to my office without getting winded, I'm wearing size 22's instead of 32's, etc -- but sometimes I get a little discouraged by how much I still have to lose.

Anyway, thanks for the congrats & if I can do it, anyone can :lol:

hillary29
05-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Congrats!! That is AWESOME!! :)

Sheila53
05-15-2003, 05:11 PM
Jo, another positive would be thinking about where you might be right now if you hadn't started this journey. You are truly an inspiration.

My father, who has adult-onset diabetes controlled by medication, is coming to live with us as soon as his "father-in-law apartment" is ready. I follow the Weight Watchers plan, and I'm wondering if I should do something a bit differently to help him lose some weight. Probably quitting his martini-a-night habit that he developed while in assisted living might help.

Is there a place I could find out more about diabetic exchange?

Thanks!

jiffypop
05-15-2003, 06:59 PM
OMG!!!!!! this is fabulous!!!! you ladies are really racking up the pounds lost around here!!!!!

Jennelle
05-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Woo-Hoo! 100 lbs. is a great accomplishment!!! :bravo:

mthrgoos68
05-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Thanks you guys!!! All the support and inspiration here really makes a difference.

I don't think I have enough room to post a typical menu from SW!! :o I would usually start the day with 3 or 4 pieces of toast and each piece would have butter and cheese on it. I would snack my way through the day, and finish every night with a big bowl of ice cream. If I bought a regular container of ice cream, I would usually finish it up in 3 nights. If I bought a container of Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs, then I would finish that up in one night. I was definitely an ice cream addict!! I usually would have a Super Size meal from McDonald's for lunch several days a week.

Now my typical menu is

7:00 a.m. - 1 container of fat free yogurt

10:00 a.m. - 1 banana

12:00 p.m. - 1 Honey Mustard Chicken Breast and some lettuce or saurkraut

2:00 p.m. - 1 orange

5:00 p.m. - 1 Healthy Choice Meal (about 250 calories)

7:00 p.m. - 1 Pria Bar

It totals about 750 - 800 calories a day. I know it's not much, but it's how I've dropped the 100 pounds since January 1 of this year. I do check in with my doctor and he's been very pleased with my progress.

I also TRY to exercise every day. I don't always make it, but I do make it at least 4-5 times a week. I try to do one hour of cardio, and then use the weight machines to do arms one day and legs the next day.

When I started I couldn't get into my size 26 Delta Burke Jeans. Today I got into a pair of size 16 Faded Glory Jeans. Of course they were too tight to wear in public, but I got into them, so I was excited about that.

I also gave up my Diet Pepsi, I was drinking 6-8 a day and I only drink water now. I drink at least a gallon every day.

Of course I check in here all through out the day and that really makes a big difference. It helps so much to know that you're not doing it alone and that you can find so much help, inspiration, and encouragement here.

THANK YOU!!!!

suzie76
05-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Hi,

Congratulations to you both!!! You are inspiring!

mthrgoose-I could never survive on that little amount of calories-don't you get lightheaded or anything? How do you have the strength to exercise? Please don't take this wrong-I'm just concerned for the effects on your health. Please take care, there could be some nutrients you're shorting yourself on.

Congratulations again,
Sherry

mthrgoos68
05-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Sherry,

Thanks for the concern, I do appreciate it, but I actually have more energy than every before. When I started, I could barely work out at all, but now I do my 30 minutes on the treadmill with 1 minute of jogging and 5 minutes of walking. I really feel so much better. My blood pressure is finally down to where it should be with no medication, my anxiety attacks are mostly gone, and I feel really great. My doctor hasn't been concerned, so I figure I must be doing okay. I do take a multi-vitamin every day.

I do get light headed sometimes, but when that happens, I usually up my calories a little bit and that usually helps.

Thank you again.

Raelynn
05-16-2003, 01:12 AM
I am so inspired, congratulations ladies! :)

dowsx4
05-16-2003, 10:11 AM
WOW! Congradulations! I cant wait to be in your place! Did you do something special when you hit the 100 mark? Maybe buying something you really wanted or go dancing? Way to go Gals...

BA99TJ
05-16-2003, 11:26 AM
woo hoo! YOU GUYS KICK BUTT!!

Way to go!! :)

karefree2
05-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Wow! I am so totally impressed! Mthrgoos68, that is very low calories but it seems like a fair amount of food. You have chosen some healthy food items in your menu. What is a Pria bar though? I don't think I have ever heard of them.

Jo, what an accomplishment you have made! I agree with Shiela in that you are 100 pounds less and in such better shape. Had you not started on the plan you could have been gaining instead of loosing. Your diet sounds very healthy. Are you diabetic or are you just following that plan?

Great job to both of you! Now I have to go to the picture thread to see if you have both posted progress pictures.

gonzostar
05-16-2003, 01:46 PM
wow, so awesome!! can't wait till i'm there (or almost there, my goal will put me at 96 lost, ha)

Jenniffer
05-16-2003, 08:15 PM
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

I AM SO PROUD of YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mthrgoos68
05-16-2003, 09:30 PM
karefree2, the Pria bars are made by PowerBar and they're really great. I've never had a PowerBar, so I don't know if they taste like the PowerBars, but they taste like a candy bar to me and they only have 110 calories. They also have quite a few vitamins so it quenches my craving for a dessert and also gives me some more of the vitamins I need each day. My favories are the Caramel Creme Crisp, French Vanilla, and Double Chocolate.

No, I didn't do anything to celebrate. My husband wanted to go out to eat to celebrate and I definitely didn't want to do that!! Just knowing that I've hit the 100 pounds and being able to fit into smaller clothes is enough celebration!

Thanks again everyone for the praise, encouragment, and support.

rochemist
05-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Congratulations ladies!

Miss Chris

Derby-Girl
05-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Congrats Ladies!!!
Keep up the good work..

Derby

MikiG
05-18-2003, 11:27 PM
Mthrgoose....I'm amazed at how much you lost so quickly. I've hit a plateau recently. Seems like I lost 30 lbs quicker than I'm losing the last 10 I've been working on. Anyway, I've decided to try your menu for a week just to get a jumpstart again. Went out and bought Pria bars last nite. I got the French Vanilla and they're really good. I dont want to keep my calories that low for an extended period of time but just going to do it from now til my weigh-in Friday morning. I've also added a One-a-Day supplement to make sure I'm getting vitamins and minerals I need. I'll let you know how it works for me. Once again, way to go on your loss!! Keep up the great work! :)

MIKI

karefree2
05-19-2003, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the info on the Pria Bars. I will have to look for them. They would be great to keep in your purse or car when you get a snack attack and all those fast food places are calling your name.

AngiKL
05-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Amazing! Thanks for being an inspiration to the rest of us.

mthrgoos68
05-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Miki,

I'm anxious to hear how it goes for you.

The Pria bars I've found are usually cheapest at Wal-Mart. I get them for 63 cents each at Wal-Mart. They have them at Sam's Club too, but I don't like all the flavors that come in the case at Sam's Club.

Be sure to keep us posted!!

MikiG
05-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Well, so far so good with my new plan of eating this week, but I have to admit I had a little help staying on track! Had my yogurt for breakfast, then since I went into work at 10 a.m., I had my banana soon after getting there. I had planned to eat my Healthy Choice dinner at noon but ended up otherwise occupied. I work at a bank and on Mondays, I work at the small branch which is located inside of Brookshires, a grocery store, rather than the main bank. Around 10:55 a.m., two black guys come to my window and one asks me to cash a check for him. I gave it back and said I couldnt because it was an out-of-state check. I did say that I could cash it only if he had an account with us with funds enough in it to cover the check in case it was returned. He turns to his friends and asks.."What are we going to do". At that second, his friend reaches across the counter and grabs a handful of money right out of the hand of Debbie, who is working next to me. I couldnt believe it!! They took off running, I was yelling for someone to stop them. They grocery store manager and the produce guy took off after them on foot then in vehicles. The cops eventually caught them 2 hrs later. Found out their car was stolen from a correction facility guard in St. Louis, MO plus they had drugs on them. Have no idea why they were in Arkansas. We got the $500 back that they had grabbed. By the time the FBI, police, etc had come and taken our statements, dusted for finger prints, and finished all that, it was 3:30! I finally was able to eat lunch. What a way to stay on track..:lol: Anyway, tonite I had my chicken breast with a little sauted squash on the side in place of the saurkraut or lettuce. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little calmer but I'm going to try to eat as well then too.

How was everyone else's day..:D

MIKI

irishwings
05-20-2003, 12:23 AM
Man, do you guys ever R O C K ! ! !

Can't wait till I'm right there with ya! Way to go! ! !

mthrgoos68
05-20-2003, 08:51 AM
GEEZ Miki, what a way to stay OP!!! I'm glad you're okay and I hope that today is a little calmer for you. Keep up the great work!!

irishwings- You're making great progress and should be really proud of yourself too.

MikiG
05-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Definitely a calmer day...took the day off..:lol: Still doing pretty well with my eating and walked 3 miles with my sis this morning at 7:30 a.m. Anxious for weigh-in day. (Fri)

mthrgoos68
05-20-2003, 10:40 PM
YEAH Miki!! Be sure to let us know how it goes!!

MikiG
05-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Mthrgoose...weighed in Friday and wanted to let you know the results but I couldnt remember what thread you were in.:lol: Just now located you. Anyway, your plan worked. I lost 3 lbs putting me at 199.5!:cp: Thanks for sharing that with me. I'm going to up my calories this week I think but at least I know now that when I hit a plateau, I can do like you do and 'jumpstart' it all again. I'm thrilled because I havent been under 200 in YEARS. Just have to be careful cuz it's so close wouldnt take but one jumbo cheeseburger or a pizza to put me right back over..:lol: Hope you're having a great Memorial Day weekend!

Miki

mthrgoos68
05-26-2003, 09:56 AM
Miki,

CONGRATS!!! I'm so very excited for you!! You're in Onderland!!! I can't wait to get there myself, but still have a little ways to go.

I'm really glad it worked for you and congratulations!!

JML
05-26-2003, 11:27 AM
Hooray for Mthrgoose and Jo!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on making the 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!