Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) March 1-15

Tejas
03-01-2013, 11:17 AM
:carrot:

New pages!

Tejas
03-01-2013, 11:20 AM
So far, so good!

I had a mixture of Ezekial and Uncle Sam cereals, almond milk, 1/2 banana, and my magic mix of seeds (flax, chia, etc) for breakfast.

I am contemplating fried chicken for lunch though. I'll make it myself, thus being sure what's in it.

ontarget
03-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages.

I had Cheerios for bfast. We're having pinto beans with ham for lunch. I'm making it now. It's actually CORE. I am making cornbread to go with it. It's almost CORE. I'll do better after this weekend. That's a promise.

nancy237
03-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Went to a Dr visit with my daughter this morning and got good news about a concern her Dr had. Went to lunch with her and had not one , but 2 very large pizza slices...Will do better..

sloanie
03-01-2013, 08:01 PM
:jeno::jeno::jeno::jeno::jeno::jeno::jeno::whoo: I WANT SOME!

ontarget
03-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Ditto!!

I'm almost packed and ready to leave in the am. I'll see ya'll Sunday evening!

nancy237
03-02-2013, 01:35 AM
My eating started great this morning with a protein shake but went downhill
from there. Pizza at lunch and then Clam Chowder & Salmon for dinner out with a friend.
I will get back on track tomorrow..

My Grandson is sleeping over and I am taking him to a Boy Scout banquet tomorrow evening..Brings back memories of my boys being in scouts..

nancy237
03-02-2013, 01:36 AM
:jeno::jeno::jeno::jeno::jeno::jeno::jeno::whoo: I WANT SOME!

It wasn't worth it !! Focus !!!

Vickie
03-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

Doing laundry and shopping and just all around running around. Be back later. Making a new Skinny Fried Chicken recipe from David Venable on QVC tonight with veggies and tiny baked potato and then Core Chicken Fried Rice tomorrow. Trying to be a good girl.

Tejas
03-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Being pretty good...I want sugar too much! I'm going to start monitoring my blood glucose to see if it is on track.

nancy237
03-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Eating has been decent today.

Had 1/2 of a garden omelette this morning. At my grandsons Boy Scout
Banquet buffet I had small portions of the best choices I could find.

Then a tad of leftover Salmon just now..

My grandson came back from a 50 item buffet with 2 things on his plate
corn and macaroni & cheese. Said it was all he liked..I am really concerned about his food adversions ...

I have weighed all the options of working now or later & selling the house now or later and variations on that and decided that I am going to list in a few weeks as soon as
I can get it restaged and the yard in good shape. Then once its listed I will look for daily/prn jobs. That way I can be flexible while selling the house, but get experience also.

ontarget
03-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi there. Sounds like you're all focused and are doing well. Rhonda, monitoring your glucose is a good idea.

I am back home from Indoor Nationals. As of tonight I am in 2nd place for the National Title. I hope that stands over the next 2 weeks. I'll let ya'll know final results when I get them.

Tomorrow is "Back to WW Day." I'm ready!!!

nancy237
03-04-2013, 02:25 AM
My youngest boy is home on break and I had such a great day having him all to myself. We shopped for some stuff he needed, ate dinner at a great Chinese place, and watched a few shows.. It's been a while since I had this much one on one time with him. He turns 21 in May..Not possible !!!

Tejas
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Nancy..isn't that sweet to have your boy at home! :hug: And, good luck with the housing decision. These are difficult ones to make.

Sandra, glad to hear you had fun...we're waiting for your scores. Whatever they are, you're 100% with us!

I began my day with an apple, 2 lf cheese sticks, an ounce of walnuts and almonds, and coffee for breakfast.

I GAINED weight last week! How is that possible? :(

ontarget
03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi there. Thank you, Rhonda. Ya'll are my cheerleaders for much much more than weightloss. I love you, Chickies!!

I shot all right but not as high as a lady from California. Right now I'm 2nd in the nation but am waiting to hear from the last 5 venues. Time will tell.

Got to go. I love you all and will be back later.

beach bum
03-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a busy day even if I didn't get to the movies this weekend. I made a 1/2 roasting chicken with the works . I haven't had one since Leo passed. I came out good,and now I have 1 /4 left for another meal.

Nothing new,I'm a little up on the scale but I'm not worried as it will go down again.

NANCY-What protein shake do you used. I used the Atkins shake they have 15 grams protein. The EAS brand I think has a little more. Don't get hungry anymore with the shakes I up to 3 x's a week for Lent.After I'll go back to 2 x's a week.

VICKIE-How was the Skinny Fried Chicken????? Did he use fat in his recipe????? Or did he bake it.

SANDRA-:cheer2: :cheer3:Congrats:cheer2::cheer3: on coming in second at the Nationals.

Have a great day

ontarget
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Maryann, your meal sounds good. I'm currently in 2nd but all scores are not posted yet. Thank you for the congratulations, though. I appreciate what you said.

Tejas
03-04-2013, 10:44 PM
I've done well with eating and exercise today, and my blood glucose is good...83 both fasting and 2-hours after a meal.

Now, if I'd just lose weight :)

nancy237
03-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Just found out that a friend/handyman /painter that Robin and I used and knew from Church is a registered sex offender with a very long 10 year arrest record of groping women in stores, stalking, assaulting and videoing women in dressing rooms..

Our news (WRAL) has a story about him being caught again and when I saw the picture I was shocked...I completley trusted this guy and liked him..
He used to brag all the time about dating lots of different women..

Yikes

Tejas
03-05-2013, 09:52 AM
YIKES is right!

We have a similar situation in the area with an elected (!) official. He's not a sex offender, but has a long history of assault.

Vickie, are you snowed in again?

ontarget
03-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Yikes!

nancy237
03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Mostly, I am sad about this guy because obviously he has mental
problems that he kept very well hid...

Robin sorta mentored him and the guy really looked up to Robin.
I was home alone with him alot while he painted & fixed things but either
his fear of Robin or his respect of Robin must have kept him from ever
misbehaving around me..Or maybe he goes for young women..Who knows?

There are some things I am glad Robin was spared from ever having to know..

I made Puffed Pastries with Veal, Fresh Mozzerella, Spinach & Pancetta yesterday
and West African Chicken and Peanut Stew with Chiles, Ginger, and Green Onions today.

Tejas
03-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Nancy, you're just damn lucky!

It's 10:30, and I really want to eat. :( Think I'll go to the hot tub and then to bed instead.

Vickie
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

Nancy, what a HORRIBLE and scary story. Glad he didn't act for whatever reason. Good for you for cooking. I'm always better off when I do.

Rhonda, yep...we are very snowed in. I haven't heard the official totals but we got at least 9 inches of very heavy, wet, heart attack snow. I've been watching Jim like a hawk. We have a snowblower, but that is effort too. And, he just finished making a trail around the back yard. Brodie has very short legs so it was much appreciated. We are going to take it easy today. Probably having Chipotle for dinner. I cooked the last couple of nights.

Sandra, congratulations on your shooting! Should we start calling you Katniss? I'm very excited that Jennifer Lawrence is now filming Catching Fire. I will be at the theater the day it opens, with or without Jim. How's your eating going? I'm doing just ok. Getting back on the treadmill is my next responsibility.

Mary Ann, the skinny chicken was not good to me. I didn't care for the spices and the layer between the chicken and the crust was gummy. The batter got crispy but I wouldn't make it again. The search continues.

Hey Pam...Hey Sloan! Hope all is well with you guys.

Tejas
03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I've been watching the news about the snow you're getting..wow..my niece is in the D.C. area, so she's getting it too.

I lost the few pounds I put on. So, I'm still at the 3 pounds off...that's not much, but at least it's not a gain.

ontarget
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Rhonda, I have the gain. I shouldn't have gotten onto the scales this morning. I am feeling extremely puffy and such today. It was not a good day to weigh.

Vickie, sometimes I miss the snow we had in Montana. But then sometimes I don't.

My eating is on track by a thread. A slim thread but a thread.

Nancy, you were lucky. That's sad about that person. You don't take any chances.

sloanie
03-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I have been at the Tennessee Association of Health Occupations Students of America with 18 students since Monday. Our students did very well. In fact, 16 of the 18 won between first and fifth places! My eating was pretty good, too!

Nancy, I am so glad you were safe when with that man. Sad for him, but so glad for you.

Sandra, I'll bet you could teach Katniss a thing or two. Congrats!

Vickie, stay warm and don't let Jim overdo it. Does Brodie have snow boots?

Rhonda, I seem to be playing with the same couple of pounds myself. Hang in there!

Maryann, I am so proud of your weight loss! Keep up the good work and the weight will start going down again!

Hope you all are safe and warm :snow4:

ontarget
03-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Sloan, I'm not too sure about teaching Katniss. :lol:

I will be there opening day or soon afterwards to see Catching Fire. I've already read the book (and Mockingjay) as well.

sloanie
03-06-2013, 11:39 PM
So excited! Booked a 5 day Caribbean cruise with DD and SIL today. It is scheduled for July. Come on, July!!!

Tejas
03-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Sloan, congrats on your students, and the tour! We're taking a Royal Caribbean cruise to Alaska in August.

Sandra, just get back on track and it will work out. I've been very disciplined lately. Protein shakes, fruit, 2 ounces of meat, greens, salads, lf cheese, etc.

We saw Argo... really good! Go see it.

ontarget
03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Rhonda, you sound like you're doing great.

Sloan and Rhonda, your cruises sound like fun. Photos!

I subbed today. Just finished dinner. I have 1 point left for this evening, but I will prob just eat fruit.

nancy237
03-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Cruises sound great...

I have been working on cleaning , organizing & yard work..
Kinda ready for a change from that same ol, same ol !!

Eating has been consistent. Protein shakes for breakfast,
Low Carb mostly for the other 2 meals ..But also having some fruit..
Sorta nice to stay off the scales and just try to eat healthy..

Plan to make a Zucchini & Mushroom Lasagna tonight with left over fresh mozzerella.

nancy237
03-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Sloan..Way to go with the awards !!!:carrot:

ontarget
03-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Sloan, I apologize for not congratulating you sooner. What's wrong with me? Congratulations to you and your students!!

Nancy, your food sounds really healthy. I am OP for 4 days now.

beach bum
03-08-2013, 01:23 PM

Sorry to be MIA again,along with Lent and upping my schedule at the nursing homes I don't have much time to post.

Other than that I do make time for my Friends to meet them for lunch,but I have to be careful with all the restaurant eating or the scale will go up again.Went with Rita to the Crab Apple yesterday and I had my first Corned Beef dinner for the Season. Now I will be attempting to make my own in tow weeks time. I hit a low of 149 the other day with my fasting,but than brought back to reality after eating with Rita yesterday of 152 this morning. Hope it just sodium and I will get rid of it my tomorrow's Official W-I day.

We are really having a weird weekend in weather up here. Yesterday we had freezing rain and than in the later afternoon snow. Snowed all night but we only got a few inches,but now it coming down so I haven't decided if I'm going out this afternoon for the 5 wound devotions and than the stations of the cross. Its wet snow so I put Viper's ice melt down on my pathway so I don't slip tomorrow morning trying to get out of the house.

SANDRA-I now have 1/2 roaster left in my freezer for a second dinner and than a leftover chicken meal from the some bird for another dinner. My friend Rita asked when I was going back to trader joe's of the Market Basket but i have too much food in my freezer to go out and buy more.

VICKIE-Sorry your Skinny Chicken didn't come out the way you wanted.

SLOANE-Thanks for the congrats but as you see I posted above my weight is up again. Oh WOW a cruise congrats you'll love this type of vacation I always did when Leo was alive. Now I go on vacation with a tour group, it easier for me that way.

Have a great day

sloanie
03-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Maryann, two summers ago, I went with my mom and sister on a bus tour from Tennessee to Niagra Falls and New York City. It was a wonderful way to travel.
By the way, I still think your weight loss is awesome!

nancy237
03-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Maybe I should look into group bus tours.. That sounds fun..

I found good gluten free tortilla wraps today at Whole Foods.
I have been looking hard for these..
Tonight I did an avocado, black bean hummus & chicken wrap..yum..
Here is the link.
http://www.glutenfreecat.com/2012/11/my-new-favorite-gluten-free-tortillas/

Last night I made egg drop soup from chicken stock I made from rotisserie
chicken left overs..Excellent and super easy..

I don't think I can have this yard & house ready in 2 weeks. I decided I would do my best and then hire help if I need to in order to list by the end of the month..Some college kids could get more done in a day in my yard than I can in a week.

Maryann..I know you are ready for some warm weather !!

Tejas
03-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Hi All.

Doyle and I took a cruise with a tour group from the senior center in 2011, and that's who we're going with this time too. I was so easy..just show up at the departure point with your bags and papers, and off you go...no work, no fuss, no bother.

I've been doing very well with food lately, and went to see the trainer yesterday, who just about killed me. Tomorrow I'm giving the elliptical another try. I'm just about to get tired of my foot hurting. :(

I went to see a production of Gypsy tonight at the community theatre...the woman who played the mother was incredibly good---ready for Broadway, I'm sure.

nancy237
03-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Rhonda..the production sounds nice..

It's a gorgeous day here, so I hope to get some yard work done.
Sleep is still an issue..I go to bed at 10 & read hoping to get
my body shifted to normal hours, but then fall asleep about 2.

I may just use that time to get something done and not go to bed until sleepy.
I really want a normal sleep pattern before I go to work..

I lost a pound, but I am not suppposed to be counting...

beach bum
03-09-2013, 02:40 PM

The Water That Turned Into Ice That We Had Last Night Evaporated With The Winds That Were Blowing All Night. So This Morning The Road And The Sidewalks Were Clean.

Got The Blaze Right Now For The First Time, I Feel Lonely. I Guess I Don't Have Anything To Do Today And I Don't Feel Like Doing Housework Either.

GOT ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING AND I NOW DOWN TO 149 I FINALLY GOT OUT OF THE 150'S

SLOAN-some How The Bus Or Train Rides Are More Relaxing Than The Plane,but If You Have To Get There In A Hurry The Latter Is The Best. Thanks I'm On The Atkins Protein Shakes For Lent And Also For Health Reasons. Need To Get My A1c Down.

NANCY-Can't Wait Until Winter Is Over,but Up Here Winter Last Up To & Near The End Of May And Than Summer Arrives With The Heat The Next Month.

RHONDA-I'm So Ashamed To Admit That I Haven Walked Or Exercised The Whole Winter. I Going To Disappoint My Friend Margaret Thinking That I Will Be Ready For Our Senior Walking Group This Spring. I Must Start Riding My Bike While Watching Tv.

Have A Great Day

ontarget
03-09-2013, 03:53 PM
We're having a rainy weekend. Hallelujah!!!! Boy, do we need this moisture!

We just went to lunch with some new friends. Had a great time. I stayed OP. Yesterday, however, Curtis and I went to a new Mexican restaurant. The food was awesome--so was the margarita. Need I say more?

Your trips sound like fun. Our next one will be to Seattle in June. We're looking forward to that.

Tejas
03-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Maryann, you are so awesome...losing weight, and handling the loneliness...keep on going! I can get lonely right in the middle of a great big crowd! :lol:

We're having rain too, with threats of severe T storms, hail and a (very) slight risk of a tornado. We're supposed to go out to a B-day party and I guess we'll go unless it is actively awful weather.

My niece and I went to the gym, and I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the bike, as well as a few machines to see if my muscles still worked after the session on Thursday. I wish I could convince her to go every Saturday; it would really help me get motivated.

We had a good early dinner: broiled salmon, black rice, kale, and a fruit salsa for the fish. I made the salsa up and it was good--avocado, apricot, green onion, cherry tomato, with a balsamic vinaigrette. DH put on his best sarcasm and said "where's the dill sauce?" But, he said he liked the fruit salsa a lot. I think peach would have been better than the apricot, but it was worth trying.

nancy237
03-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Rhonda..That sounds like an great dinner, I have never had black rice..
The salad sounds good too. Is that online anywhere ??

Are any of you on Pineterest ?? I know you are Sloan.
I have found that it is a neat way to share online recipes &
keep track of them. Then when I am at the grocery store I can
find them on my iphone and shop for ingredients..

Had dinner at a neighbors. She made grilled chicken and an excellent edamane salad that seemed very light..When I find the recipe link online I will share..

Found It , I am not sure if this is core so I will stick it here instead of the recipe section

Edamane Garden Salad

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup natural flavor rice vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups edamame, cooked according to package directions (see Notes)
1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

In a small bowl, combine olive oil, rice vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper; mix well and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Tejas
03-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Nancy, all I did was make a balsamic vinaigrette and pour a small amount over chopped avocado, apricots (canned), cherry tomatoes and one thinly sliced green onion. Next time, I'll use peaches.

Thanks or your recipe.

I ate too much at the B-day party :)

nancy237
03-10-2013, 12:50 PM
My throat is hurting and I feel a cold coming on..

I had a long list for today, but may just do the indoor stuff
and take it easy..I need to prepare my tax stuff for taking to my
CPA anyway..

I blew leaves for hours yesterday and now I am wondering if stuff in the air
could have affected my throat?? Maybe allergies ?? I already wear ear
muffs for the sound, I will be a sight with ear muffs and a nose/mouth mask.

sloanie
03-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Nancy, you might have been affected by the mold and mildew that builds up in the leaves. Lots of people are sensitive to mold. Next time you blow leaves, you may need to wear a mask. My two cents worth!

ontarget
03-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Maryann, I'm sorry for your loneliness. :hug: You're usually so upbeat. I hope you're back to your happy self soon.

Rhonda, your meal sounds good. :cofdate: I can just hear Doyle. :joker: I know he was teasing with love. Sounds like Uncle Oscar for sure.

Nancy, I'm taking the allergy shot series now. I get a dose of "molds" in my right arm 3 times a week. Wearing a mask sounds much better than that. :yikes:

I got back OP Saturday morning after our Friday night foodfest. I won't step onto the scales till Wednesday morning. :dizzy:

:wave: at Vickie, Pam, and Sloan, and all others. I hope you're all having a stupendous Sunday.

Okay, I'm through playing with smileys now. Wish I could give each of you a big cyber hug. You're all special friends. Have a good evening. I'll be back tomorrow.

Tejas
03-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Nancy, I am reactive to mold/mildew in the leaves, so I often wear a mask when I do a lot of raking. (I don't like moldy cheeses or mushrooms very much either :) )

I ate well today, even though I had a Braum's hamburger. I blotted the meat patty to get rid of extra fat and gave the dog the half of the bun with the fat sopped up into it :)

ontarget
03-10-2013, 09:02 PM
I am impressed, Rhonda. Kiera must have been a happy puppy.

Nancy, I am allergic to mushrooms as well. I like them, but they don't like me.

We had potato soup for dinner. Now it will be fruit the rest of the evening.

nancy237
03-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Nice day..It was just to pretty to be inside.

Once I got outside I got lots done..
The deck cleaned, leaves, cleaned the roadway of litter..

It is starting to look better..

beach bum
03-11-2013, 03:25 PM

Nothing new,just trying to get used to day light saving time this morning it was so dark when getting up had to turn on the light.

Made my favorite SB roasted veggies that are cooling off so I can put them in a bowl and eat them cold with Italian Dressing on them.

Don't know if I will be making a corned beef dinner on St Patrick's Day. My friend Rita is going down to NY to be in the Parade and my friend Mary is down in Fla for the Boston Red Sox training games. Another woman in my Church group is going down the Fla for the same reason.

Cooking for one is not fun if you don't have someone to cook for. I guess I could always freeze for the next meal. I have to think it over.

Maryann, you are so awesome...losing weight, and handling the loneliness...keep on going! I can get lonely right in the middle of a great big crowd!

RHONDA-Thanks,for your kind words,It just the blase that I had yesterday but once I went to the scholarship dinner in the late afternoon I was fine again.

NANCY-Sorry about your throat hurting and being sore,Gargle with salt water always helps me.

Maryann, I'm sorry for your loneliness. You're usually so upbeat. I hope you're back to your happy self soon.

SANDRA-Thanks, I'm over that today,I think I just missed my movie buddy yesterday.My friend Rita comes from Ireland and she talks about potato soup I would like to add leeks to the soup. The next time I go to the supermarket and get potatoes I will make the soup.

Have a great day

ontarget
03-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Maryann, I'm glad you're in better spirits today. I don't like for you to be sad.

Nancy, I spent the afternoon outdoors, too. I love this kind of weather.

nancy237
03-11-2013, 09:26 PM
I am headed to bed early tonight.

It's been such a nice evening to work outside !!

My realtor has someone from out of town that wants a house with a pool and
she wanted to know if I would show it before it's officially on the market.
I told her sure, as long as they know that spring yard cleanup isn't finished..
So I think that is Wed..It will be good because it will put me in high gear
tomorrow..

Rhonda..thanks for the cyber hug !!! I guess we are all too spread out to
have a chicks beach weekend this summer..Wouldn't that be fun..

Tejas
03-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Nancy, send us directions to your house! :lol:

Here is a You Tube video of the house I owned in Toronto. It is much as I left it, except I didn't have any dark walls. I sold in the fall of '09 (for 307,0000) and the video is from the summer of '11. I don't know what it sold for, and I think it has been sold once again. I lived in it 21 years, and it had only 3-4 owners before me...built in the 20's. Selling for over $450. a square foot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TMdpCs0pvM

nancy237
03-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Rhonda..I love that house..The colors they used are great too..

So much for being in high gear today..more like neutral..
I feel horrible, congested & chest hurts..
Went to bed at 9 last night and slept 12 hours..
Still feel like going back to bed..

It was pretty yesterday and I left a pile of leaves in the drive that
I thought I would do today..Now I feel bad & its raining..
I need to do something with them before the showing tomorrow...

nancy237
03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Nancy, send us directions to your house! :lol:

That would be fun, but I hope I am not here much longer !!

nancy237
03-12-2013, 01:11 PM
I just read this post about how a lady gets herself up in the morning to exercise...It was so clever, I thought I would share...I might try this...

I set my cell phone alarm and turn it up loud. Then I get out my workout clothes and put them in a pile far away from my bed. Then I bury my cell phone in the middle of them. When my alarm goes off, I have to get out of bed to shut it up and by then I've got my clothes in my arms so might as well put them on and get on with my workout!

Tejas
03-12-2013, 04:02 PM
I loved the house too, Nancy. There were some rough times in it, but mostly a lot of love. And, I so enjoyed creating the garden and taking care of the place.

I used to be out to the gym early in the mornings..now, it's coffee and the paper/internet!

Tapping at 8:15 is enough!

Sorry you don't feel well...I"m taking a nap!

ontarget
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Rhonda, thank you for sharing your house with us. I can feel the love you have for it. I can also feel your love for your new home. Your new home is so loving and inviting. Hmmmmm.....maybe that's you causing all this.

Nancy, I wish I could come help you clean your yard for the viewing. Take care of yourself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Just finished watching "Dallas" and J. R.'s funeral. I cried. Now it's time for some fun and laughter. My friend's coming out around 5. She'll be bringing both. :lol:

Tejas
03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Sandra, thanks! I do love my new home. I walk through it almost everyday saying "I can't believe this is mine!" I went from the smallest house I ever lived in to the largest one :lol:

J.R.? Aw, you're such a sentimental one :hug:

I just had a great nap. I went out for lunch with friends and had a falafel. it was not worth the calories. NC Texas is not the place for Mediterranean food, but I've heard there is another place in town, and I'll try that.

nancy237
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone..

It turned out pretty here today & I have gotten a few things done
and rested also. Finished the leaves.. In the morning a lady is going to clean for me while I do some finishing touches outside.. Then lunch with a friend at my favorite Thai restaurant while the house shows at 1.

I took some daytime nyquil that helped ...

ontarget
03-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Nancy, that's good news. Good luck!

sloanie
03-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Glad you feel better, Nancy!
Hey to the rest of you chickies!

Tejas
03-13-2013, 11:59 AM
the grands are coming and Nana will bake cookies with them. So, I need courage! :lol:

nancy237
03-13-2013, 05:40 PM
I had a busy morning and then a nice lunch. This place has the best Pad Thai
Noodle entree !! And I have left overs for dinner..

Haven't heard any feedback about the showing yet..
Everything is looking good here, now to keep it that way..

This is definetly a bad cold or flu. I have taken Nyquil and plan to
rest this afternoon..

Rhonda..baking cookies with the grandkids ..does it get any better ??

ontarget
03-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Mmmmmmm.....Cookies.......

Nancy, I hope the Nyquil works for you.

I'm calling the grands in a bit to see if they want to go see the new OZ movie tomorrow. Curtis and I went fishing today. Beautiful day to be out! I didn't catch any fish, but he did. Life is good.

Sloan, are you on spring break?

ontarget
03-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Just called them. We're going to the movies tomorrow. Gonna be fun!!

Tejas
03-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Cookies were pretty good..I used the Neiman Marcus recipe, minus the dried coffee.

Movies sound good...but our grands are too rambunctious for them at their ages...they have about a 10 minute attention span

Did I tell you I'm taking a watercolor class? I've done them before and didn't do so well, but last night I worked on one that I actually like. I'll post a picture when I'm finished. It's of an Eastern Bluebird.

ontarget
03-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Rhonda, I remember when our grands were too young for the movies. Making cookies with yours was perfect. Ya'll built a lot of good memories. I'm finding it hard now to find movies that both grands like since they are 4 years apart. Oz is going to work well. Kennedy will be in high school next year. I'm guessing our movie dates are almost over, but we'll enjoy them while we can.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Vickie
03-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Hey Chicks! Thinking of you all. Just busy. Eating is just so so.

nancy237
03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Pretty day here !!

I am having coffee & making my list for the day..
Need to prepare my taxes for taking to my accountant ..

May catch an afternoon movie if anything is showing..

Have a great day chickies !!

ontarget
03-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Nancy, what did you go see? Oz was pretty good, but I wouldn't want to see it again.

nancy237
03-14-2013, 09:43 PM
I didn't end up going to the movies..I didn't see anything that looked good .

I worked some outside , but mostly a couch potato all day..The cold still has the better of me ..

I couldn't think of anything that sounded good to eat, and finally got a
craving for McDonald's Cherry Pie and some baked macaroni & cheese.
Went to Boston Market and discovered their mac & cheese taste like
Kraft Boxed stuff & then McDonalds was out of the Cherry Pies...
Then an agressive driver was angry at me for not going at a stop sign when I felt there wasn't time to turn.. He tried to go around me at the stop sign and I pulled out which blocked him, so then he passed me on the straight away
and cut in on me...Wow...

So I decided I better come home and take a nap LOL

My cousin is going thru a breakup with her fiance..So I am chatting with her a lot today.

Tejas
03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
I am glad you took a nap :lol: I did too.

It was a strange day today, with lots of changes to all plans made earlier.

All is well though.

sloanie
03-14-2013, 11:42 PM
I had a busy day at school and then a frustrating time working on a paper for school when I got home. I finally gave up on the paper and took a nap, too! Later this evening, a friend of my son's called to see if he could stay with us, and because of some difficult circumstances, I had to "tough love" him, and say no. Let me just say "tough love is very hard"! Sounds like several of us had a "different" kind of day. Frankly, I'm glad it's over. TGIF tomorrow :carrot:

nancy237
03-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Beautiful day today & I feel better..

My cousin is coming over for a slumber party tonight !!!!

Tomorrow my grandson & I are doing yard work in the morning and then something fun in the afternoon (yet to be determined )

Have a nice weekend Chickies !!:kissluck:

ontarget
03-15-2013, 09:44 PM
It sounds like ya'll had some moments yesterday. I hope all is well with all of you. We worked in the yard this morning then went out for Mexican food for lunch. I am still full. Oh, well.

Nancy, enjoy your slumber party tonight and your day tomorrow. We may go for a ride to the lake.

Tejas
03-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Sloan, oh yeah...I had years of tough love with my godson...awful!

I had a great day...shopping with my great niece, a nap, a badly needed massage, and a benefit soiree for the humane society. Now, watching TV with DH..

beach bum
03-16-2013, 02:17 PM

Don't have too much time to post as I'm going[[[[[LAZY LAZY LAZY!!!]]]]] to cook my corn beef meal in the microwave today and than heat it up tomorrow.

Went to the cemetery today and brought Leo his Shamrock Plant. The area when he is is being torn up I have not idea ????why???? Not the graves but the landscaping.

I'm also thrilled about the new Pope Francis we were talking at bible study that we think he's going to do great things for the church. He such a humble & devout man.

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW AND IF I DON'T MAKE IT ON BOARD WISHING ALL [[[[A HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY]]]]

Have a great day

Tejas
03-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Starting new pages.....