Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default Happiness comes from contentment.

Today on my yogi Detox tea, the bag said, "Happiness comes from contentment."

And I thought to myself, "Huh...I hope that the next tea bag tells me where contentment comes from."

What are your thoughts on contentment on this fine day?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

LOL I love that. Hmm happiness comes from making others happy and loving yourself (I think?) Funny one - Fortune cookie
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

In my mind contentment comes from peace. Being at peace with yourself, even if you're actively working on something. Being at peace with your surroundings and the people in your life by coming to terms with the things you can and cannot change. I'm certaininly not there but I'm very much working on it!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #4  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

I think that's true, but contentment comes and goes I think. There will be times when I'm like this journey is so easy and I'm content and happy with everything and then something will happen and throw me off and I'll think why is this so hard.
Hapiness does come from other things though too, not just contentment. (I think) Even though I'm not happy with my weight I'm still happy about my life and my family. hmmmm definetely something to ponder!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #5  
the muse of memory

I love that picture of your morning tea, lunarsongbird. I really like the composition of it. Did you take that with your phone?

Anyway, I am not really content, but I am pretty happy. For me, happiness comes from being engaged with the world and open to the things I love about it. Whether that is the Husker Du (cannot get the proper umlaut over the u on this forum!) song I listened to this morning, the background jangle of the guitars and the deeper bass line cutting through, or the splash of color in the sky with a fading winter sunset. Or the short story I was reading last night, or the fact that I got an e-mail from an old friend this morning. So for me pleasure and happiness comes from that.

Last edited by mnemosyne; 03-01-2013 at 10:51 AM.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #6  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

I found it the interwebz. It's from mme.bookling. The photo was taken on January 2, 2010 using a Canon EOS REBEL T1i.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #7  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I love and completely agree with that sentiment. True happiness comes from within, where you have contentment, and can truly say you are at peace with all that is going on around you. That to me is happiness, finding the calm in the storm. Now let me stop before I get too cliche happy.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote