Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 3/1/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 3/1/2013

lisa32989
03-01-2013, 06:37 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

AmyRH
03-01-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm down another pound and off to a good start. Weekends are still tough for me but I feel so good that I hope not to sneak anything extra. I had stalled for a long time due to weekend cheats but reading Dr. Tran's book and actually updating this weight tracker helped.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-plaid/cartoonstar01/lb/184/135/153/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

lisa32989
03-01-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm down another pound and off to a good start. Weekends are still tough for me but I feel so good that I hope not to sneak anything extra. I had stalled for a long time due to weekend cheats but reading Dr. Tran's book and actually updating this weight tracker helped.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-plaid/cartoonstar01/lb/184/135/153/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

I got his new book (hard copy only) and it is hugely helpful!
Have you made a plan for the weekend that includes what you will do to overcome need for extras? I think a lot of us got used to eating out of boredom. What can you do instead?
Sheer willpower only works for so long. Having a plan is SO important!

WorldTraveleronIP
03-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Good morning to all,
I have a conference all day today, so I am planning my meals. I wish everyone a great weekend op!

Chloe222
03-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning all,
Congrats Amy on the loss and here's to being back in the saddle to "git 'er done"!

I have also been struggling and at my WI today, am down .4. So happy.

Wishing all a great OP day,
Chloe

bubbleblower
03-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning, everyone! I've got lots on my plate and need to get moving with packing for our big move and putting things on Ebay. (BTW, anyone in the market for a very lightly used Wii and Wii Fit? I'm willing to take a reasonable offer to avoid the whole Ebay hassle. They're in the original boxes and are like new. I just don't use them anymore.)

Anyway, lots of to dos on the list for today and this weekend, and one pound to go to goal. It's ironic that I'm not really looking forward to phasing off of IP.

Hope y'all have a great day! (I discovered pina colada pancakes yesterday ... I already know what I'm having for breakfast!! Yummy!!)

Gonna really try
03-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Really run down. O joy.

heritagesoftail
03-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Good morning all, and a BIG goodbye to February ! I have a nice day coming up starting with a massage appt at 11am. Hope you all have a OP weekend.

A1Texan
03-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Happy Friday and March 1st everyone. With Friday also comes the WI. This week - 2 pounds....:carrot:

Stay warm if are up north and put your sunscreen on if you are in Texas. Don't need a sunburn at lunch :D

lcheech
03-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Had my weigh in yesterday, I'm down another 3 lbs. :) Which is very surprising because I was working overnights until Tuesday, and wasn't getting very much sleep. But I also wasn't eating very much either.. Hey i'm not complaining. lol

So I'm reaching a stressful time in my life. I just sold my house last night. yay!!! So I have to worry about packing, and moving.. And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat. Once we move in, I don't plan on eating with them every night. But i know they will want us up for Sunday dinners. And there are just so many times I can explain to her, that I can't eat, pasta, or homemade pizza, or breaded chicken/veal cutlets, or deep fried food before I either cave, or snap at her..
I'm so worried that not only is his family, not going to give us the privacy that we need, but that they will always want us to come up for dinner.I really don't know what to do. I've told her several times, things that I can't eat and she just doesn't get it. :(

lisa32989
03-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Really run down. O joy.
Chicken soup with veggies to the rescue!

mrskuby
03-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Had my weigh in yesterday, I'm down another 3 lbs. :) Which is very surprising because I was working overnights until Tuesday, and wasn't getting very much sleep. But I also wasn't eating very much either.. Hey i'm not complaining. lol

So I'm reaching a stressful time in my life. I just sold my house last night. yay!!! So I have to worry about packing, and moving.. And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat. Once we move in, I don't plan on eating with them every night. But i know they will want us up for Sunday dinners. And there are just so many times I can explain to her, that I can't eat, pasta, or homemade pizza, or breaded chicken/veal cutlets, or deep fried food before I either cave, or snap at her..
I'm so worried that not only is his family, not going to give us the privacy that we need, but that they will always want us to come up for dinner.I really don't know what to do. I've told her several times, things that I can't eat and she just doesn't get it. :(

Wow, that def sounds like a tough one but maybe if she expects you to join them for dinner you can bring/make your own meal and eat with them...it may put her off at first but once she physically sees how you are eating, maybe she'll start adding things to her menu to include you. It's possible that she just doesn't know what a meal without carbs looks like! LOL:)

Charbarot
03-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic <3:carrot:

A1Texan
03-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic <3:carrot:
Congrats! It's such a great feeling to be able to see fast results. Keep up the great job!

sahmmommy2
03-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Happy Friday Everyone! Hope you all enjoy the weekend! It is snowing lightly here and that puts a smile on my face!

bellasamimom
03-01-2013, 10:08 AM
I have a busy day... Change of Command for my Friends Hubby. Then dinner at the Hotel Del Coronado to celebrate all of the Sailors of the year from each ship. My DH (love him) emailed the event coordinator at the Del and asked about the food. She is going to make something special for me :) I was so worried about the food.

Have a great day!!
:cheer:

lisa32989
03-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Let me unveil my first WI numbers...4.2 lbs and 3 inches.....yeah....I am so happy. I feel great!!! I don't feel hungry. I'm beyond the headaches....I'm ecstatic
The lack of hunger is the best part, isn't it? It really makes this a plan you can stick to! Congrats on the first WI!

leannekarella
03-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Happy March everyone! Busy, busy day ahead, starting with my official WI in 2 hours. Wouldn't you know it? TOM shows up last night LOL. Oh well, that's life.

Everyone have a great day and an even better weekend! ;)

De11s
03-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Happy March everyone! Busy, busy day ahead, starting with my official WI in 2 hours. Wouldn't you know it? TOM shows up last night LOL. Oh well, that's life.

Everyone have a great day and an even better weekend! ;)

TOM might be a good thing, I bloat until right before, then a big woosh so I will be praying for the Woosh Fairy to be there for you too.

Sounds like everyone is off to a great March, come on spring, ready for some warmer days.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Charbarot
03-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Can't wait to put up a fancy ticker

Debrasb
03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Happy Friday everyone! WI today was ok -- down 1.8 lbs. The fantastic thing about is that the tens digit changed (moved from the 140s into the 130s!). What this means is that there's only one tens digit changed left (ie: less than 20 pounds) to go!! It's giving me some much needed momentum as I had been feeling a bit sluggish about things since my long trip in Feb.

I think I'll celebrate by making a middle eastern feast for dinner -- meatballs, red pepper sauce, and some cauliflower hummus and veggies.

SFNinerGirl
03-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Morning all.

Off to a rough start this morning. Hubby and I got into it so I'm sitting in a Starbucks getting work done while he's "home sick" (aka didn't wake up to his alarm).

Hoping for a better day from here on. :(

ragdoll74
03-01-2013, 10:51 AM
A1Texan, Charbarot, & Debrasb congrats on all the great WI's!!!

Good luck at your WI Leanne!

I took the day off to study for my certification exam tomorrow. I haven't actually done any studying today, but plan on doing that soon unless I can think of another distraction. There seems to be no shortage of them so far.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

MntRose
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I think I'll celebrate by making a middle eastern feast for dinner -- meatballs, red pepper sauce, and some cauliflower hummus and veggies.

Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

As for me, feel sort of blah at the moment, was running a slight fever all night and the scale isn't budging again. Realize I haven't had a bowel movement in a few days at least. I saw someone mention Metamucil is that allowed OP? Or other ideas? I am getting my 4 cups of veggies in each day. I get at least 64 ounces of water each day, normally average 100.

Thanks Peeps and have a wonderful weekend!

Mother of the Groom
03-01-2013, 11:33 AM

maybe you could offer to have them down for sunday dinner so you have more control over whats on the table.

Mother of the Groom
03-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Great job!:carrot:

Can't wait to put up a fancy ticker

Me too! I like the WI#'s at the bottom also.:D

Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

As for me, feel sort of blah at the moment, was running a slight fever all night and the scale isn't budging again. Realize I haven't had a bowel movement in a few days at least. I saw someone mention Metamucil is that allowed OP? Or other ideas? I am getting my 4 cups of veggies in each day. I get at least 64 ounces of water each day, normally average 100.

I looked at the Metamusil and it contains aspartame.

Suchawittygal
03-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Sounds like we've had some great numbers today! Congrats to all the losses!
I came in down 2.0 lbs today...WITH my cast! So I'm hopefull that I will be into the 140's by next week! And I was able to add another dancin' monkey since i reached the 35 lbs lost mark!! YAY!!!:carrot:

IPdivajen
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Yay for March - buh bye February!!!

Great losses this week. And lcheech, congrats on selling! Hope you find some tips and tricks that make being at home a bit easier for you.

SFNiner - hope things improve with the hubby. In the meantime, enjoy that Starbucks!!

suchawittygal - congrats on 35!!

Debrasb
03-01-2013, 12:31 PM
[COLOR="Purple"][B] Ooh that sounds so yummy, care to share your recipes or a link if they are somewhere I have missed?

Happy to share! I actually post all of my recipes on a blog: www.unlimitedlettuce.com. (http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com)

The cauliflower hummus recipe is up there, and I'm working out the meatballs tonite. I want to perfect a sauce without tomatoes (red pepper only) because I try to avoid the restricteds.

Let me know if you like any of the recipes!!

lcheech
03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Wow, that def sounds like a tough one but maybe if she expects you to join them for dinner you can bring/make your own meal and eat with them...it may put her off at first but once she physically sees how you are eating, maybe she'll start adding things to her menu to include you. It's possible that she just doesn't know what a meal without carbs looks like! LOL:)

It's very true... She has no clue how to cook without carbs. She's obsessed with smothering food in bread crumbs then frying it. That's a very god idea actually. maybe just make my own food. at least I'll be sitting at the dinner table with the fam. She does want to cook for me. But every time she tries, she fails.
Would it be wrong to write her a list? lol

maybe you could offer to have them down for sunday dinner so you have more control over whats on the table.

haha. your're funny. She is very old school and doesn't work. cooking and taking care of her kids (who are all in their 30's) is her life. It should be an interesting 10 minths ahead of me. :(

Debrasb
03-01-2013, 12:40 PM
It's very true... She has no clue how to cook without carbs. She's obsessed with smothering food in bread crumbs then frying it. That's a very god idea actually. maybe just make my own food. at least I'll be sitting at the dinner table with the fam. She does want to cook for me. But every time she tries, she fails.

(

We have had several similar situations, both with my own mom and my husbands. With my husband's family, we bring our own food but we bring enough to share. So, I might make grilled fish and roasted cauliflower with a big salad, bring a large amount so that it's not just for us but can add to the table.

There have been other times when I just brought our food and we ate it while everyone else ate theirs, but the bring for all model seemed to make my MIL happier because then it still feels like a family meal.

At my own mother's house, I do the cooking and tell my mom the ingredients to have on hand. Then we are still together in the kitchen but I'm in charge and know that everything is edible for us. For the most part, the meal for all is OP even though it's just me and hubby that are actually on IP.

Fabulousatfifty
03-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Hello Ipeeps (I stole that from someone but think it is so cute!)

I had WI today and down 1.8. So why am I sad? I did the plan perfect this week, but found out I was drinking too many of the pre-mad shakes. They are much higher in fat than the powder shakes. My coach said that I should only have one every other day - makes sense, they were just so yummy, filling and convenient. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, I have been trying to not have restricted foods, does that make much of a difference if you stick to just one a day?

I am goign to integrate a hard boiled egg in the morning and reduce my protein in the evening. Waiting to eat my protein until the family dinner at 6-6:30 has been very hard!

Just playing with how my body is reacting to the choices of the IP food I am making. Would LOVE your feedback!

chicagoboiler
03-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Happy to share! I actually post all of my recipes on a blog: www.unlimitedlettuce.com. (http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com)

The cauliflower hummus recipe is up there, and I'm working out the meatballs tonite. I want to perfect a sauce without tomatoes (red pepper only) because I try to avoid the restricteds.

Thank you for your blog!! I am excited to try some of your recipes on here!! I'm always looking for something different, but since I'm not a cook at heart, your step by step directions are PERFECT!!

benice
03-01-2013, 01:07 PM
And my husband and I are moving in his parents basement until at least November, while our new house is being built. We are Italian. And my worst struggle with IP is, that everytime my husband's mother cooks, (God love her) it's never anything I can eat.

It sounds like this is not a good living situation for you. Perhaps you should consider renting an apartment insead?

I tried another Quest bar today and am really enjoying it. I like the 100% natural line and the concept behind it. Thanks to everyone here who tipped me off to them.

lcheech
03-01-2013, 01:26 PM
We have had several similar situations, both with my own mom and my husbands. With my husband's family, we bring our own food but we bring enough to share. So, I might make grilled fish and roasted cauliflower with a big salad, bring a large amount so that it's not just for us but can add to the table.

There have been other times when I just brought our food and we ate it while everyone else ate theirs, but the bring for all model seemed to make my MIL happier because then it still feels like a family meal.

At my own mother's house, I do the cooking and tell my mom the ingredients to have on hand. Then we are still together in the kitchen but I'm in charge and know that everything is edible for us. For the most part, the meal for all is OP even though it's just me and hubby that are actually on IP.

Thank you!! Those are great ideas. I am going to use them. If she gets offended in some way.. I'll just let my husband deal with it. :o lol

jeffiner
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Hello Ipeeps (I stole that from someone but think it is so cute!)

I had WI today and down 1.8. So why am I sad? I did the plan perfect this week, but found out I was drinking too many of the pre-mad shakes. They are much higher in fat than the powder shakes. My coach said that I should only have one every other day - makes sense, they were just so yummy, filling and convenient. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, I have been trying to not have restricted foods, does that make much of a difference if you stick to just one a day?

I am goign to integrate a hard boiled egg in the morning and reduce my protein in the evening. Waiting to eat my protein until the family dinner at 6-6:30 has been very hard!

Just playing with how my body is reacting to the choices of the IP food I am making. Would LOVE your feedback!

Your feeling sad because of the estrogen that is being released into your blood stream. Fat cells carry estrogen so as you lose weight the estrogen goes into your blood stream and wreaks havoc with your hormonal levels. I went through this also. It did go away after about three weeks. In addition to that carbs actually help the production of one of the happy chemicals in our brain ( seratonin maybe?) so its a double wammy.

jeffiner
03-01-2013, 01:40 PM

Drink smooth move tea...its op and it works

Ojenchilada
03-01-2013, 01:40 PM

Yay!!

(BTW, anyone in the market for a very lightly used Wii and Wii Fit? I'm willing to take a reasonable offer to avoid the whole Ebay hassle. They're in the original boxes and are like new. I just don't use them anymore.)

Um...yeah! If no one else has already claimed them, PM me! I am not sure what a reasonable offer is, but anything you think is reasonable and is below retail price sounds good to me.

I came in down 2.0 lbs today...WITH my cast! So I'm hopefull that I will be into the 140's by next week! And I was able to add another dancin' monkey since i reached the 35 lbs lost mark!! YAY!!!:carrot:

:carrot::carrot: Awesome!

I drink 2-3 RTDs per day. I have had no problems with that, and the fat is plenty low. 1.8 is a great loss -- nothing to beat yourself up about. If your losses actually stall, then sure, mix things up. But I would not worry about nixing the RTDs. They're fine.

ecmcnamee
03-01-2013, 01:41 PM
WI today and I'm down another 3 pounds and 2.5 inches ... that's 19 pounds and 12 inches in 3 weeks. I honestly never would have believed IP works unless I tried it myself .. I'm amazed ...

ladylunk
03-01-2013, 01:56 PM
TOM might be a good thing, I bloat until right before, then a big woosh so I will be praying for the Woosh Fairy to be there for you too.

I guess I bloat right before too. Had my weigh in yesterday and coach asked me before if my period was coming or anything else she needed to know before weighing. I just said no not even thinking about it (lot's going on right now family wise). So I only lost 0.2 and she was all concerned. Well yesterday afternoon cramps started. Went on my scale this morning just to see. It is showing down 5lbs! Now I won't hold to that number for official weigh in, but wouldn't it be nice to see myself in the 170's permanately.

Morning all.

Off to a rough start this morning. Hubby and I got into it so I'm sitting in a Starbucks getting work done while he's "home sick" (aka didn't wake up to his alarm).

Hoping for a better day from here on. :(

Hope your day does get better. I guess that means argument according to someone elses reply.....I thought it meant drinking last night. That's how I would have worded it back when we were drinking.....

There is always smooth move. I just found it in Canada and tried it. It seems to work. Doesn't taste so good. I actually added another decafe tea bag of peach ginger to it to mask the taste. But things are moving smoothly.....

Everyone is complaining about me being on this site waiting for my attention, yet they are planning on going to McDonalds later so I am trying to tell them this is my thearpy and helps me get through sitting at mcdonalds. Soon this mcdonalds stuff is going to stop. A special treat with their dad today though so will let it slide. Have a great day everyone.

wildviolets
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Lisa, where did you get Dr. Tran's new book? I didn't see anything on the website nor Amazon.
THanks!
Denise

Fabulousatfifty
03-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Your feeling sad because of the estrogen that is being released into your blood stream. Fat cells carry estrogen so as you lose weight the estrogen goes into your blood stream and wreaks havoc with your hormonal levels. I went through this also. It did go away after about three weeks. In addition to that carbs actually help the production of one of the happy chemicals in our brain ( seratonin maybe?) so its a double wammy.

That makes sense - thank you!

lisa32989
03-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Lisa, where did you get Dr. Tran's new book? I didn't see anything on the website nor Amazon.
THanks!
Denise
At my IP clinic. I think that is the only place you can get them.

wildviolets
03-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks! I'll ask.

lisa32989
03-01-2013, 02:29 PM
I had WI today and down 1.8. I did the plan perfect this week, but found out I was drinking too many of the pre-mad shakes. They are much higher in fat than the powder shakes. My coach said that I should only have one every other day - makes sense, they were just so yummy, filling and convenient. Anyone else have this happen?

I am going to integrate a hard boiled egg in the morning and reduce my protein in the evening. Waiting to eat my protein until the family dinner at 6-6:30 has been very hard!

You got a great answer re: sadness. Another thing to consider is the just overall withdrawal from food behaviors. We don't have food to run to anymore. You'll feel better, I promise!

Now, re: RTDs
Ugh! Another coach trying to "tweak" a program that needs no tweaking! I wish they'd learn this causes frustration, uncertainty, and makes people feel like they're doing something wrong when they are not!

You are doing the plan exactly right! You can have 2 non-restricteds and 1 restricted every day. If the 2 non-restricteds are ready-to-drinks then you are 100% on plan! Drink away my dear! And eat your restricteds. If the plan wanted you to only have them a few times per week, it would be written that way.

Remember, the people who wrote the actual plan know WAY MORE than your coach, who has had some training from either the company or from another person (coach/rep).

You can even have that HB egg AND all your protein, if you want. Many people have 2 egg whites (that's a 0/0/0, where the whole egg has some fat)

I often have my snack in the late afternoon, rather than after dinner. I'm a teacher and an after-school snack has been part of my life for (omg...) 45 years! (since kindergarten...I'll be 50 next Mon). If I do that and I STILL need something in the evening, (which is rare) I grab a collagen packet (rasp jello or blue/cran/pom drink) as an extra for the day.

Eat all your foods (restricteds too) and I bet you'll feel better. Some of us here have found we lose BETTER when restricteds are included (same with making ultra-sure the oil is added to food every day)!

Keep up the good work! A 1.8 loss is better than the alternative (0 loss or a gain!). The scale is headed in the direction you want it to head!

edit: I just noticed your WIs in your sig. Do I see a sad face associated with a 7" loss? Please tell me that's not what I see! We celebrate ALL losses on this board, knowing that the first week or 2 will always be bigger than later, as we settle in to the "real work" of losing weight over the long term.

(BTW, anyone in the market for a very lightly used Wii and Wii Fit? I'm willing to take a reasonable offer to avoid the whole Ebay hassle. They're in the original boxes and are like new. I just don't use them anymore.)
Hey! Where were you in Dec? Ebay is a hassle!
I got my set for a reasonable price but would have loved to keep the $ in the "family".
Just razzin' you. I know it will find a good home. Mine is being used a lot more in Feb than it was in Jan. In March my goal is no more than 5 empty spaces on the calendar....and 4 of them I'll be out-of-town!

Thanks! I'll ask.
My coach had to order me one. She now has 3-4 on a table in the clinic

Debrasb
03-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Thank you!! Those are great ideas. I am going to use them. If she gets offended in some way.. I'll just let my husband deal with it. :o lol

That's definitely my motto!!

Fabulousatfifty
03-01-2013, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=lisa32989;4651365]You got a great answer re: sadness. Another thing to consider is the just overall withdrawal from food behaviors. We don't have food to run to anymore. You'll feel better, I promise!

Ugh! Another coach trying to "tweak" a program that needs no tweaking! I wish they'd learn this causes frustration, uncertainty, and makes people feel like they're doing something wrong when they are not!

You are doing the plan exactly right! You can have 2 non-restricteds and 1 restricted every day. If the 2 non-restricteds are ready-to-drinks then you are 100% on plan! Drink away my dear! And eat your restricteds. If the plan wanted you to only have them a few times per week, it would be written that way.

Remember, the people who wrote the actual plan know WAY MORE than your coach, who has had some training from either the company or from another person (coach/rep).

You can even have that HB egg AND all your protein, if you want. Many people have 2 egg whites (that's a 0/0/0, where the whole egg has some fat)

I often have my snack in the late afternoon, rather than after dinner. I'm a teacher and an after-school snack has been part of my life for (omg...) 45 years! (since kindergarten...I'll be 50 next Mon). If I do that and I STILL need something in the evening, (which is rare) I grab a collagen packet (rasp jello or blue/cran/pom drink) as an extra for the day.

Eat all your foods (restricteds too) and I bet you'll feel better. Some of us here have found we lose BETTER when restricteds are included (same with making ultra-sure the oil is added to food every day)!

Keep up the good work! A 1.8 loss is better than the alternative (0 loss or a gain!). The scale is headed in the direction you want it to head!

edit: I just noticed your WIs in your sig. Do I see a sad face associated with a 7" loss? Please tell me that's not what I see! We celebrate ALL losses on this board, knowing that the first week or 2 will always be bigger than later, as we settle in to the "real work" of losing weight over the long term.

Thank you so much for the great advice....and yes, that was very frustrating to me. I looked up the fat and yes it is more, but the powder drinks have twice the carbs. I prefer the Pre-mades as I like them better!

and yes, that was a sad face as I am sad and I feel I should be happy...I am tracking my moods and althought I am down down down, I am sad/maybe overwhelmed today. My coach moves me in and out so quick and said I am trying to be "too perfect". I am analytical by nature, so I want to understand the diet also. I am going to get Dr. Tran's book - that sounds very informative.

Thanks again for the virtual hug, I needed it :)

lisa32989
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks again for the virtual hug, I needed it :)

One from me
:hug:
And one from "us":grouphug:

I promise the blue mood will pass. Do something extra special for yourself.

A bubble bath
A nap (or five)
curl up with a good book
get a massage or a pedicure
Get a new herbal tea
Make a new IP recipeThese are things that make me feel better. If not those, make YOUR list!

bubbleblower
03-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Um...yeah! If no one else has already claimed them, PM me! I am not sure what a reasonable offer is, but anything you think is reasonable and is below retail price sounds good to me.

I'm not sure what a reasonable offer is either. Let me check around and I'll also throw in the shipping. I'll PM you in a bit.

Hey! Where were you in Dec? Ebay is a hassle!
I got my set for a reasonable price but would have loved to keep the $ in the "family".
Just razzin' you. I know it will find a good home. Mine is being used a lot more in Feb than it was in Jan. In March my goal is no more than 5 empty spaces on the calendar....and 4 of them I'll be out-of-town!

My coach had to order me one. She now has 3-4 on a table in the clinic

Know what you mean about keeping it in the family, and also re: Ebay being a hassle!! I've been trying to avoid it as much as possible. We're using a private auction house for a lot of stuff, and doing a big yard sale for the rest that isn't going to charity. Ebay will be for only a few items.

scorbett1103
03-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Have you checked out LizRR's Red pepper puree "marinara" in the Fun With Veggie Purees thread? I use that one often to make zucchini lasagna, it's delish!

disgal
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
You got a great answer re: sadness. Another thing to consider is the just overall withdrawal from food behaviors. We don't have food to run to anymore. You'll feel better, I promise!

LOVED THIS!! Well done Lisa!! :hug:

TGIF!! Happy weekend everyone!!
The scale has been S-L-O-W over this past month....I've been averaging around 1.3 lbs per week. Bummer! It's coming off so much slower this time around (I think my body is on to me lol)! Oh well....I feel great, that's all that matters! :dizzy:

evepet
03-01-2013, 07:48 PM
THanks!
Denise

I got my copy online through a link that IPDivaJen posted a few months ago. Sorry, but I can't find or remember it though. But if you send her a PM I'm sure she'll respond. She's got her own progress thread on here today with her before & after pics showing her fantastic progress over the past year- it's called "One Year Ago Today". Check that thread, click on her forum name and you'll find the link to PM her.

MntRose
03-01-2013, 08:39 PM

My suggestion would be to offer to cook with her for Sunday dinner. If she is agreeable, it would give you time together and she could actually see you making the dishes you eat.

TNmom
03-01-2013, 09:31 PM
day 2 in the books! :) Its a little victory for me considering I stress eat and was placed in a new position at work so I had to speak in front of about 30 new grads all day long teaching a orientation class. I HATE public speaking. I am finding foods that I really like and some that I cant stand. I was a little bummed when I did not like the chicken soup mix. I usually don't like broccoli and cheese soup but I added a cup of fresh broccoli to it and LOVED it. Funny how it works out that way. I hope the chicken noodle is better. So today I had a peanut crunch bar for bfast (I was running late) and it was reaaaally good. I even like it better than the caramel nut bar. For lunch I choked the chicken soup down (I also added broccoli). I had a cup of cucumbers to munch on. Supper was chicken and a huge salad. I was quite upset when I finally found some WF but DID NOT like them :mad: . I have only tried the ranch and the sesame dressing. So tonight I made my own dressing which helps to get in my oil. After dinner I had a cup of joe with some yummy torani sugar free 0-0-0 hazelnut syrup and splenda. Feeling FULL. I have choc pudding in freezer for my late snack. All in all a good day. I did notice the headaches and my quads feel sore but not cramping.... just like I worked out or something. That's the only thing that worries me. That doesn't mean anything associated with muscle loss does it??

***I do have one question for the veterans of the plan** I really didn't understand the compulsory addition column on my paperwork concerning the seasalt...... my question is - is it 1/2 tsp of the sea salt for the entire day split between the 2 afternoon meals?

Gotta keep this ball rolling! I can't wait for my 1st weigh in (I just hate that it is at 0730 at night :( .

ragdoll74
03-01-2013, 09:39 PM
TNmom- I get leg cramps if I forget my pottasium calcium supplement.

I actually don't measure the salt anymore, I just make sure to use some with each meal.

I agree with the WF dressings. There are only 2 I use, italian & thousand island. The thousand island I only use on a big mac salad, it is not good on a plain salad. The WF pancake and fruit syrups are really good.

The packets are trial and error in the beginning, but your tastes may change so make sure to try them again after several weeks on plan.

Great job with your first 2 days!

lcheech
03-01-2013, 09:46 PM
My suggestion would be to offer to cook with her for Sunday dinner. If she is agreeable, it would give you time together and she could actually see you making the dishes you eat.

Thats an awesome Idea!! thank you. I will totally try that! :)

beepure
03-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Happy Friday all... new to IP, started on Monday and made it through first work week. Headaches first few days, but mostly gone now. WI on Tuesday. Happy to say I am now down to 1/4 of the insulin I was taking on Sun.

Have a beautiful weekend!

TNmom
03-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks Ragdoll: I am making sure to pack my supplements in my lunch box to get them all in. I saw some WF choc dip at one of the stores.... that sounds pretty good spread on a pancake :). I wish I could find the thousand island. I would love to try big mac in a bowl. need to get some recipes down so I do not feel like I'm eating the same thing.

TNmom
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Oh on a completely different topic...... yesterday at work, one of the administrative assistants came by our little cubical and gave me 2 box tickets to PINK :) . So date night is tomorrow!!! I guess that also means I will have my 1st temptation at dinner. Can't wait...... for the concert that is. :p

DoingitDeb
03-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Love this forum!
Day 1 for me and feeling pretty nice, I had a slight headache/dizziness this afternoon that went away after I remembered to drink, drink, drink my water. So I thought I would post all that I consumed today and let you seasoned losers let me know if I am on the right track. Thanks for all your help and openness on this journey that I am embarking on with all of you. I hope I have all the success that you all seem to be having on Ideal Protein.

RTD Chocolate
Earl Grey Tea with 2 splendas and 1TBS 2% milk
2c. steamed veggies (from a restaurant ) with salt and pepper
Earl Grey tea with 1 splenda
RTD Strawberry Banana
Earl Grey with 3 splenda and 1TBS 2% milk
Roastbeef cooked in the oven
2c. Celery- cooked with the meat
RTD Chocolate

And lots of water!

scorbett1103
03-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Love this forum!
Day 1 for me and feeling pretty nice, I had a slight headache/dizziness this afternoon that went away after I remembered to drink, drink, drink my water. So I thought I would post all that I consumed today and let you seasoned losers let me know if I am on the right track. Thanks for all your help and openness on this journey that I am embarking on with all of you. I hope I have all the success that you all seem to be having on Ideal Protein.

RTD Chocolate
RTD Strawberry Banana
RTD Chocolate

And lots of water!

Hi and welcome!

Looking at your day, the only things that stand out are to be careful about the Splenda packets - remember they have trace carbs, so using a lot over the course of the day can add up. Just something to be aware of if you also use things like 0 calorie/0 carb dressings, gum, or anything else with artificial sweetener in it.

Also, according to the Phase 1 sheet it should be skim milk and not 2% milk that is used if you so choose. For me that skim milk did nothing for my coffee, so I started using vanilla protein shake instead.

M35A2
03-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Love this forum!

RTD Chocolate
RTD Strawberry Banana
RTD Chocolate

And lots of water!

Congrats on your 1st day!

On top of the 64oz of water a day you also need to add more water equal to each cup of tea you drink. Also be careful that restaurants are giving you 2 cups of cooked veggies as they're supposed to be measured raw then cooked. If they just parse out 2 cups of steamed veggies you're actually getting more than you're supposed to.

BrittStar027
03-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Not sure if anyone has any advice, but here it goes...

I've been OP since 1/1/2013 and (i will not use the word "only") have lost 14 lbs. In these last eight-ish weeks, i have had pneumonia, been on antibiotics, had a nasty cold and have had issues with the big "C" (so slow/stalled losses could definitely contribute to these things). At this point all of these issues have resolved. However, i find having lost 14 lbs to be on the low end for this plan. I'm ecstatic these pounds are gone, however, i feel like i'm not losing like most do or as well as i did the first time on IP. I am using alternatives, mostly ProtiDiet with some WLS and ProtiThin mixed in and usually have a restricted every day (but just one).

I'm continuing to lose, just very s l o w l y. I'm following the plan meticulously as well. Should i be concerned or just keep trucking along?

DoingitDeb
03-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi and welcome!

Looking at your day, the only things that stand out are to be careful about the Splenda packets - remember they have trace carbs, so using a lot over the course of the day can add up. Just something to be aware of if you also use things like 0 calorie/0 carb dressings, gum, or anything else with artificial sweetener in it.

Also, according to the Phase 1 sheet it should be skim milk and not 2% milk that is used if you so choose. For me that skim milk did nothing for my coffee, so I started using vanilla protein shake instead.

Thanks...I was wondering if that was ok...I will cut back on those, maybe I need to find a tea that i don't feel i need to sweeten.

Thanks again, it looks like you have done a great job on this plan...congrats:carrot::carrot:

Congrats on your 1st day!

On top of the 64oz of water a day you also need to add more water equal to each cup of tea you drink. Also be careful that restaurants are giving you 2 cups of cooked veggies as they're supposed to be measured raw then cooked. If they just parse out 2 cups of steamed veggies you're actually getting more than you're supposed to.

Oh..THAT is really good to know, is that because of the caffeine or....?
I am going to try and not eat out too much, it just happened that way today.

scorbett1103
03-01-2013, 10:33 PM
In these last eight-ish weeks, i have had pneumonia, been on antibiotics, had a nasty cold and have had issues with the big "C" (so slow/stalled losses could definitely contribute to these things).
I'm continuing to lose, just very s l o w l y. I'm following the plan meticulously as well. Should i be concerned or just keep trucking along?

Your losses are going to be on the low end because of ALL of these things. Any time your body is inflamed or dealing with illness, you are likely going to retain water. Antibiotics also cause some water retention. Add some C issues to that, and the slightly lower losses (I say slightly because your average is 1.75lb per week - just below the 2-3lb per week that is normal on IP) make perfect sense.

Now that you're clear of the illness and medications, you should see things pick up a bit. No need to worry until you have TRULY hit a stall, no losses in pounds or inches over multiple weeks.

scorbett1103
03-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Oh..THAT is really good to know, is that because of the caffeine or....?
I am going to try and not eat out too much, it just happened that way today.

Thanks!

And yes, the extra water is to counteract the diuretic effect of caffeine in coffee or caffeinated tea. You get a "free pass" on the first cup, but anything after that you need to drink the same amount of extra water for each cup.

rubygirl05
03-01-2013, 10:38 PM
I have a question. I see people adding egg whites or other proteins. Is this done by direction of your Dr/coach? I ask because my Dr has not mentioned anything about this.

I had my initial consultation yesterday. The Dr was adamant about eating within 30 minutes of waking up, and then every 4 hrs. At my work we have a prescribed lunch time (meetings often run up to or start after lunch) and it's not really feasible to leave a meeting to make a shake, plus it detracts from savoring the meal itself. All of this would be a non-issue if I could eat my breakfast 1.5 hrs after I wake up (8am)!

The Dr said I could eat a snack, but he was reluctant, and he didn't say what that snack was.

DoingitDeb
03-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Thanks!

And yes, the extra water is to counteract the diuretic effect of caffeine in coffee or caffeinated tea. You get a "free pass" on the first cup, but anything after that you need to drink the same amount of extra water for each cup.

What if it is decafe?

BrittStar027
03-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Your losses are going to be on the low end because of ALL of these things. Any time your body is inflamed or dealing with illness, you are likely going to retain water. Antibiotics also cause some water retention. Add some C issues to that, and the slightly lower losses (I say slightly because your average is 1.75lb per week - just below the 2-3lb per week that is normal on IP) make perfect sense.

Now that you're clear of the illness and medications, you should see things pick up a bit. No need to worry until you have TRULY hit a stall, no losses in pounds or inches over multiple weeks.

Just the reassurance I needed! Thank you!!!

scorbett1103
03-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I have a question. I see people adding egg whites or other proteins. Is this done by direction of your Dr/coach? I ask because my Dr has not mentioned anything about this.

I had my initial consultation yesterday. The Dr was adamant about eating within 30 minutes of waking up, and then every 4 hrs. At my work we have a prescribed lunch time (meetings often run up to or start after lunch) and it's not really feasible to leave a meeting to make a shake, plus it detracts from savoring the meal itself. All of this would be a non-issue if I could eat my breakfast 1.5 hrs after I wake up (8am)!

The Dr said I could eat a snack, but he was reluctant, and he didn't say what that snack was.

2 egg whites meets the 0/0/0 rule at the bottom of your phase 1 sheet. Many people either use them to make the IP packets into other things (like the crispy cereal pancake) or as a little protein boost on hungry days.

Many people administer the IP diet using conventional dieting wisdom, but IP is a ketogenic diet, which is a different animal from other diets. WHEN you eat matters a whole lot less than making sure you eat what is on the protocol sheet - 3 packets, 8oz protein, 4 cups veggies, salt, oil and water every day. Break it up in whatever way works for your schedule.

I could not eat within 30 minutes of waking up because I was taking my synthroid (thyroid med) when I woke up and could not eat for at LEAST an hour afterward. I would have a big glass of water when I woke up, and have breakfast about 2 hrs later. I am in my last week of P3 so I'd say it worked fine for me :)

What if it is decafe?

Decaf has no caffeine, so decaf coffee/tea and herbal teas can be counted in your water.

rubygirl05
03-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Thanks Scorbett! That's what I thought too. For the most part, I agree with frequent small meals but I don't think the occasional extra hour will make much of a difference.