Old 02-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #1  

Default Starting Preconditioning Monday!

Hi All!

I am new here and just signed up yesterday. I am starting preconditioning Monday (already had a big party planned . I am excited and anxious at the same time. Hoping since I paid the money and have to go in twice a week I will stay motivated! I am not a big "cooker" either so it is going to take lots of planning on my part.

Any tips or advice welcome!

Jeni

Last edited by g8rgrljen78; 02-28-2013 at 05:35 PM.
g8rgrljen78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!!! This is the perfect place to be! I started MRC about 11 days ago and this forum has been a big help. I will advise, though, read the posts at the top of MRC's forum. If I can help in any way, just let me know. I'm a new kid on the block, but I'm enjoying the neighborhood!

Last edited by MsHunny; 02-28-2013 at 10:28 PM.
MsHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #3  

Thanks so much! Yikes...kind of scary...lol.

I am ready to learn about which foods are healthy for me, how to prepare them so they aren't so bland, and learning portion control!

My weight has gone up and down for as long as I can remember. Several times I have used Phentermine, but hate the way I feel on it. Don't want to go that route anymore!

Good luck to you as well!

Jeni
Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Good Luck! Very exciting!
I have been on plan for almost 2 months and I have lost about 24 pounds. I'm so glad that I decided to REALLY change things this year....obviously this year is going to be different then others!

It's amazing to think that just 8 weeks (to the day) ago...I was in the 240s...and now I'm in the 210s. Remarkable.

Metabolic has many many plans and menus. You can absolutely make this program work for you. For example, I don't think I do very well on carbs- so I am starting a high protein, lower carb menu on Saturday called meta-protein. I'm so excited about it.

You are going to love the results you achieve through MRC if you begin changing your lifestyle.

Oh- Also, I FEEL so much better now that I'm not eating processed/fake food. I'm tired of eating fake food. I deserve real food- created by the earth. And I think you'll find that you deserve it too!

lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rgrljen78 View Post
Thanks so much! Yikes...kind of scary...lol. I am ready to learn about which foods are healthy for me, how to prepare them so they aren't so bland, and learning portion control! My weight has gone up and down for as long as I can remember. Several times I have used Phentermine, but hate the way I feel on it. Don't want to go that route anymore! Good luck to you as well! Jeni
My motto is, "Pick a point and start." That's what you've done. I tried phentermine before. It was okay, but I still didn't learn.

I'll tell some things I'm doing with my food. I use a garlic & herb seasoning. It has a little kick to it, but my chicken and sirloin have been awesome! I can't wait to try it on my shrimp. My George Foreman is my best friend. It's quick and you don't need to be a cook. Raw veggies, like cucumbers and tomatoes, are becoming more tasty. You get accustomed.

Good Luck! I'll stay in touch. We'll make it together. :-)
Old 03-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #6  

Thanks so much everyone! Excited! And I am going to get a George Foreman today....lol. Anything to make this easier!

Do you have a scale to weigh your food?

Jeni
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #7  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Thanks so much everyone! Excited! And I am going to get a George Foreman today....lol. Anything to make this easier!

Jeni
Yes, my mom was also on the program and she got hers and my scale on amazon I don't know where else you can get them but probably at walmart or something I would think but I am not sure. You will start noticing once you weigh stuff more you can eyeball it down to a t after a while, it's crazy!
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rgrljen78

Jeni
Yes. I weigh everything. I bought my scale so long ago I can't remember where I got it from. It was probably Wal-mart or Target. They don't cost much.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Old 03-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #9  

I got one! Was very inexpensive Tonight going to prepare my food for the week! Excited and nervous!

Jeni
Old 03-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/174/160

Height: 5' 5''

I bought a great digital scale at Kroger's about a month ago for $20.00. It happened to be 1/2 off that day in the kitchen utensil section.
peg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #11  

Day two on preconditioning almost over! GO in for a weigh in tomorrow...anxious. Have done pretty well. Trying to get in all that water is a little tough! Hope everyone else is doing well on their journey!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #12  

Quote:
Day two on preconditioning almost over! GO in for a weigh in tomorrow...anxious. Have done pretty well. Trying to get in all that water is a little tough! Hope everyone else is doing well on their journey!
You'll do great! Water was tough for me as well. But now, I'm getting in 4 bottles a day. I start early in the day and I don't drink anything other than the prescribed drinks. Don't think of it as anything other than what it is - you're beginning a life-changing journey and change takes time. I went to a conference this weekend that kept me away from all of my options. Because I'm learning portion control as well as healthy eating, even if I wasn't able to eat as healthy as I wanted, I still didn't dive back into my old habits. I listened to my body. When I went in to do my weigh-in yesterday, I was still down another pound!! Whoop! Whoop! What you'll find is that your body will want less food, less fattening foods, and more water.

We're here for you!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #13  

Thanks so much! I weighed in and down 2.5 pounds in 2 days of preconditioning!!!! Amazing!!

Did you ever have any issues with your blood sugar being low on the plan?

We had a wellness clinic at work today and they checked my sugar and it was 67 and I had just eaten about an hour prior. She said I should have some skim milk to bring it up but I had a peach instead because I hadn't eaten my fruit from lunch. I was also a little dizzy feeling last night. I will double check with the Nurse practitioner when I go in Saturday but just curious!

Thanks so much for the support and woohoo for you for being down a pound!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #14  

Quote:
Thanks so much! I weighed in and down 2.5 pounds in 2 days of preconditioning!!!! Amazing!!

Did you ever have any issues with your blood sugar being low on the plan?

We had a wellness clinic at work today and they checked my sugar and it was 67 and I had just eaten about an hour prior. She said I should have some skim milk to bring it up but I had a peach instead because I hadn't eaten my fruit from lunch. I was also a little dizzy feeling last night. I will double check with the Nurse practitioner when I go in Saturday but just curious!

Thanks so much for the support and woohoo for you for being down a pound!
Great job!!! I haven't experienced any sugar problems; but you should definitely keep an eye on that. You don't want it to end up being a hindrance for you.

I don't even really remember doing a "pre-conditioning" period. I didn't sign up when I went in for my consultation. When I did go back in to sign up, everything was so rushy-rushy. I had to drive to another clinic to see the doctor. I was told that it didn't matter what time I showed up to the food class, due to me not getting off before 5. When I got there, they had already started and I had to wait for them to finish. Of course, I took the warp speed food clinic. "Read this." The only time they've really had time for me now is when I go in for my weigh-ins now.

I'm gonna use this as a tool to jump start me; but I definitely will feel better when I learn to just eat better and work out more.