Chicks up for a Challenge - March 2013 Challenge to Stay "On Plan" - Daily Check In - Everyone is Welcome

GettinFit
02-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following.

March 2013 Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN during the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating & exercise for the month. Be sure to come here to the board if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise every week.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling, why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT so let's all have a great March!!!

GettinFit
02-28-2013, 01:40 PM
My goals for March are:

1. Continue to follow the Weight Watchers Program
2. Track on eTools daily
3. Workout at least 5 times a week
4. Continue drinking at least 8 glasses of water
5. Don't obsess with the scale
5. Check in here at least once a day

marty8585
02-28-2013, 04:34 PM
My goals for March are:

Hi! I'm Martina..
my plan for March is:

1. Stay in my calorie range (1100-1400)
2. Track my food daily
3. Workout 4 - 5 times a week
4. Don't weigh myself until the end of the month
5. Check in here at least once a day

GettinFit
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Hi Martina - Your goals are great ones and I look forward to hearing about your successes in March. I hope we both have a great month:carrot:

marty8585
02-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Well i hope so! I' m not really motivated but that's what this thread is for!
Let's do it!!! Have a great month!!

( I apologize for any mistake, I'm Italian!)

solty
02-28-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm in! I could really use a place to be help accountable.

My goals are
1. Track my calories and workouts everyday using lose it.
2. Work out 5 days a week.
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
4. Check in here everyday.
5. I'll weigh in at the end of the month to.

Pink Hurricane
02-28-2013, 10:56 PM
My goals for the month of March are:

1. Stay OP and eat 1200-1600 calories per day
2. Exercise at least 45 min 5 days a week, or 30 min 6 days a week
3. Stay binge free throughout the month
4. Check in here 4-5 days a week
5. Drink at least 64 oz a day

Crow
03-01-2013, 10:49 AM
What a good idea! My goals for March are:

1. Stay binge free
2. Exercise each weekday.
3. Focus on 5-a-day
4. Meet my target of losing 1lb per week.

GettinFit
03-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Good morning everyone and :welcome: to this month's challenge Solty, Pink Hurricane & Crow. Everyone's goals are great and I am looking forward to a great month for all of us.

Marty8585 - I hope you're getting your motivation back :)

I had a great month of Feb and lost 8.6 pounds and am hoping to lose at least 6 in March. Last month I focused more on my eating and this month I plan on focusing on exercising more.

I hope you all have a great OP Friday!

Steph7409
03-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi everybody,

I am in for March. I've spent the past few months going way off plan. I'm trying to take some positive steps and I think a daily check in would be helpful.

My goals for March:

1. Lose 4 pounds (which might get me back to my ticker!)
2. Exercise 6 days a week
3. No binges

I've done okay today. I went out for lunch and ate too many chips but have so far skipped dinner. And I did Pilates for 45 minutes.

GettinFit, congrats on your loss last month - that's terrific!

Kaitie9399
03-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Hello everyone!

Goals for March:

1. Exercise everyday except Sunday's and Temple Tuesdays.
2. Resist the mounds of fundraising chocolate sitting in my classroom. Seriously, I have 3720 candy bars waiting to be sold. Eek! Those chocolate crunch as delicious! Must resist!
3. Try to see the big picture--even if the scale is not being friendly.
4. Lose 9 pounds this month.
5. Keep my calories between 1200-1400 every day except this Saturday, March 23 and March 30. (Birthday and anniversary parties)

Ok, today is OP and I'm still upset from my past week of 194 scale drama. Hopefully tomorrow will bring better news.

Good luck this month everyone!

RachelRawr
03-02-2013, 02:13 AM
Howdy everyone!

My goals for March:
Track food daily with MFP
Exercise at least 6 times a week
End the day in the green
Lose 6 lbs (starting at 218)

I did not start the month off that great. Went out to a pizza buffet/game place tonight with my nephew and I have no idea how many calories I ate. I was hoping to see a 2 lb loss this week, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I look forward to chatting with everyone this month and I hope we are all successful!

Lotus7
03-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Thanks GettinFit for starting this thread. My goals for March.

1. Track my calorie intake daily (MFP)
2. Average calorie deficit of 900-1000 kcal daily or weight loss of 1.5lb/week. (May be difficult until I get back from vacation on 12 March)
3. Exercise daily for at least 60 min.
4. Avoid emotional eating.
5. Visit the thread and update my progress daily.

Today was a good day. My calories were under by around 700 calories, but I had less exercise than most days because we were on the road a good chunk of the day. I did manage to walk about an hour around the town and dance for about an hour at the festival so I got my butt moving. My eating has been OP on the trip so far. I'm eating a little bit of everything which feels really freeing, especially on vacation, but I'm keeping portions small overall which has helped me balance it.

Hope everyone's month is off to a good start!

marty8585
03-02-2013, 09:06 AM
hi you all!

@gettingfit you're doing awesome! such an ispiration

@lotus7 how do you manage a 1000 daily caloric deficit? exercising 1 hour a day how many calories do you eat? anyway hava a nice trip!

yesterday was a good day, i ate in my range but didn't exercise much.
next 2 days are going to be the same since i'm on a trip, maybe tomorrow i'll ski!!

monday i'm starting the fitness blender 8 week plan.. i find very hard to workout when i'm home from work... what time of the day do u like to exercise?

have a nice weekend!

Crow
03-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone, hope this will be a great month for all of us.

Today I started off well, ignoring the siren call of the chocolate cupcakes in the bread-bin and instead snacking on cucumber and cherry tomatoes. I'm proud of myself but I can still hear them singing my name!

How's everybody else's month starting?

GettinFit
03-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Hello everyone,

Steph - It's good to have you back. I hope you are back in your groove very soon. How is your job going?

Welcome back to the March challenge Lotus, Rachel & Katie. I hope we all have another good month.

Crow - Congrats on getting off to a great start and resisting the chocolate cupcakes.

Marty - I usually workout after work in the early evening during the week and on the weekend, it's usually around mid day when I workout.

Last night I went out to dinner with friends and I did very good with my eating and only used a few weekly bonus Points. Today has been very good too and I'm about 8 points under and I've had dinner. I also bundled up and did a 3 mile walk today. I gotta stay on this roll :carrot:

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend and stay OP :cb:

Steph7409
03-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Crow, chocolate has such a strong voice, doesn't it? Good for you for resisting. I do believe the theory that willpower is like a muscle: the more you use it, the stronger it gets. (The downside of that is, if you have to use it a lot you get tired. So that's why it's good to reduce temptation.)

GettinFit, it's still too cold up here for me to walk outside. Maybe another month! My new job is okay, not great, but I'm feeling better about it lately. It was a hard transition for me and I'm not great at change, but I'm trying to be positive.

I had a decent day today. I thought about sleeping in but got up and did an hour with Leslie Sansone. I like her 5-mile fat burning program and jog through as much of it as I can, so it's a great calorie burn. The only meal I've had is lunch but it was pretty big - turkey sub, chips, and chocolate cookies, egad! I'm hoping I netted to maintenance level.

I sucked it up and got on the scale this morning - 141. Ugly, but not as bad as I thought it might be. My scale was acting crazy, though, and said 135 at first which I knew was impossible! So I'm hoping the 141 is accurate. :?:

Lotus7
03-03-2013, 12:43 AM
OK day today. My calorie deficit was only about 500 which I accept since I'm travelling and don't always have control over the food. We were on the road a good part of the day and there is a tropical storm so not a lot of walking. Plus its vacation so you can be a little lax. My average for the week is still still around 750 which keeps me at the 1.5 pound weekly loss mark in theory.

I did manage to get in a short bodyrock workout in before we hit the road this morning and beat my old record so I was pumped about that. Tomorrow we have two monster hikes planned so I think I can push my average deficit up a bit if I don't overcompensate on the food.

Marty - as far as the deficit goes, I just figured out my BMR, around 1400 kcal and work from there. I try to create a 500 kcal deficit with the food, so eating around 900 kcal daily and burning off about 500 kcal daily through exercise. Sometimes I eat more (like social events) and have higher exercise days or follow with a lower eating day. So not everyday is the same, but I try to balance it out over 7-10 days.

GettinFit
03-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Hello ladies,

Steph - I'm glad your weigh in wasn't as bad as you thought. Hang in there and follow your plan and you'll be back down before you know it. I'm glad the job is better.

Lotus - Great job on your workout yesterday and enjoy your hikes.

So far so good for me today. I did a 2 mile WATP DVD and eating has been good.

I hope everone else is doing good.

RachelRawr
03-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Quick check in. I have a crazy headache going on right now, but I really need to work out.

I saw no loss this week, which I am fairly disappointed about. But I saw no gain either, so that's good.

I've been snacking way too much lately. I plan to take back control this week...which will probably go out the window again on Saturday because my in-laws and friend are coming into town for my engagement party and the menu is all my favorite stuff!

But, one day at a time! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Let's have a good Monday!

Lotus7
03-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Hey all.

GettinFit - how are the WATP dvds? Since I'm trying to get in a walk daily, I'm thinking of using these on a rainy day.

Rachel - I know the social events can be a bit intimidating. One thing I've found that works to keep my consumption in check is to keep busy, either serving/preparing food or keeping conversation going. If you are engaging people, they don't really notice if you're eating of how much. Hope that helps.

The weather was not fabulous today but we did get in one good hike at least in the afternoon. It was a beautiful walk through the Monteverde cloud forest so that was my workout for today. Eating was not great. I had some breakfast which I don't usually have b/c we were expecting to hike in the a.m., then a big lunch and dinner, as well as some snacking post hike. I wasn't thrilled with it and did not meet my deficit goal, but luckily the length and intensity of the hike as well as the deficit that I built up over the week more than neutralized the damage. Back on track tomorrow.

GettinFit
03-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Hello ladies,

Rachel - I hope your headache goes away and I hope you have a great week and see a loss soon. Hang in there.

Lotus - I enjoy the WATP DVDs. I get bored easily so I mix them up with lots of other DVDs when I can't get out to walk.

It's been a good day for me and I'm doing good with my Points and exercise. Today I brought my workout clothes with me to work and I plan to walk before going home. I'm so glad the evenings are getting longer and I have more daylight :cb:

I hope everyone else has a great OP Monday!

SuperCecilia
03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Hello all! I am a newbie and looking for some accountability and support, and this seems like a good thread for it. I am 32, live in Central Virginia - I have lost weight before and have gained some back recently and trying to nip it in the bud. I have insulin resistance and an underactive thyroid but NOT using that as an excuse - I can do my best with what I've got and make healthy choices! My goals for March:

1) To follow the Insulin Resistance Diet plan - basically linking and balancing carbs, and limiting carbs
2) I would like to get down to 212 by the end of March, but I think following the eating plan is more important than the number on the scale.
3) I commit to doing some kind of workout five days a week - brisk walking, jogging, dancing, yoga. Also, I'm trying to make my daily life more active (getting up from my desk, walking around while I talk on the phone, etc) so my exercise isn't just from my official workout.
4) I commit to checking in at least four days a week. I don't have internet at home and I don't have a smartphone (I know, kind of unbelievable to some!) so it's tough for me to get online every day, which is why I think shooting for 4 days a week is best.

So far I have been on track the last few days and am actually kind of excited to hop on the scale tomorrow morning.

Thanks everybody! I look forward to making it a wonderful March with you all! We can do it!

Kaitie9399
03-04-2013, 08:48 PM
:welcome: SuperCecilia!

Op for the day.

Steph7409
03-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Too many carbs the last couple of days (I baked cookies) but otherwise not too bad. I'm feeling more positive so I'm hoping for a good week.

GettinFit
03-04-2013, 08:55 PM
:welcome2: SuperCecilia

I hope you have a great month and I look forward to hearing about your successes.

I'm ending the day very good. I am 4 Points under so far and I did a very hilly 3 mile walk today.

I hope you all had a good day too.

SuperCecilia
03-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Hello all,

Thanks for the welcome! I'm happy to report that this morning the scale said 213.4. For the last month or so the scale has been fluctuating between 216 and 219 or so. I realize this kind of whoosh is normal at the beginning of starting a program, so I certainly don't expect this kind of loss every week. Really, I would be happy to lose a pound a week. Plus, I have been fighting the flu which means I've had less of an appetite, which certainly makes it easier not to overeat. But still, lower numbers are lower numbers, and I am happy for it.

Now that I am paying attention to carb numbers and am seeking to eat no more than 30 g of carb per meal, it makes me realize how much "healthy" foods I have been eating are still too high in carbohydrate for someone with insulin resistance. A big bowl of oatmeal with berries and almonds is a healthy breakfast with lots of fiber and antioxidants and all the rest, but if I don't watch the portions it can easily be 50 g of carbs or more, and not high enough in protein to keep it balanced. So this morning had a smaller portion of oatmeal and added some extra protein with chia and flax seed along with almond butter.

Steph - glad you are feeling positive. Yes, it is so easy to overdo carbs (as I am discovering!)...I love to bake and that is a challenge for me, too.

GettinFit - congrats on the hilly walk and being low on your points.

Lotus - your hike in the cloud forest sound amazing!

Crow - kudos to you for saying no to the chocolate cupcakes!

Happy Tuesday! For those of us in the mid-west and mid-atlantic, here's hoping the snow doesn't cause any problems.

GettinFit
03-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Hello ladies,

SuperCecilia - Congrats on a great start :carrot: I hope you get rid of the flu.

Steph - Glad you're feeling more positive and things are going better for you.

So far so good for me. I'm following my eating plan for today and I'm planning to do a WATP or Firm workout today.

Have a great day everyone!

Lotus7
03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Hello ladies. Sorry for the absence yesterday but I had no internet access at my hostel.

Cecilia - Welcome to the board!! I'm feeling you on the oatmeal-carb dilemma. I recently had to reduce my portions because I realized how much carbs it was along with the chopped up fruit I was putting in there. I'm also playing around with the idea of adding egg whites for more protein.

Yesterday was a good day. I kept OP with my eating and had a deficit of around 750. I'm not sure if the 900/1000 will be reachable but maybe I can be a bit more strict once I get back from vacation. Right now I can't stress about it.

I was not able to get my planned workout in because our room was so small. I would have either broken my foot or broken the door. So, DBF and I took a nice walk the town for about an hour and a half. I will make time to get it in today.

Will report back this evening with todays update.

LuvCats
03-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Hey all. This is the first chance I've had to jump in for the month. So far despite 4 days in Vegas going waaay off plan I'm doing well weight wise. I was shocked to see a loss today. Hopefully it won't catch me next week. :P

My goals for March are to stay OP and keep exercising at least 6x per week I will try to jump in on this thread every couple of days (more if things are active but in Feb. I found some of the time I'd come and find I'd posted only 1 or 2 posts up).

My one obstacle for the month is that it includes a trip to my daughter's in CA for a few days via plane. I'll try to stay OP there as much as possible and keep exercising but I will allow myself a bit of leeway.

Keep up the good work everyone! We can do this! :)

Kaitie9399
03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

Today was OP for me, I just ate dinner though--well I had cereal but it's 9:30. Seriously though, I hit the ground running at 6:30 am and just finally got home and sat down. Busy day.

Lotus7
03-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Hey all.

LuvCats - good to have you back. I hope that you had a wonderful time in Vegas.

Today went very well for me. Eating was OP today and I had a calorie deficit of about 770. We had lunch a bit later than usual and I was HUNGRY but I avoided snacking until I sat down to eat my meal.

Exercise-wise I was able to get in the bodyrock workout I missed yesterday so that felt good. Tomorrow is an active rest day so we're off for another hike to what is supposed to be a really beautiful beach.

GettinFit
03-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Hi ladies,

Great job to everyone for sticking to your plans. I'm so proud of us!

Welcome back LuvCats.

I just got back from my WW meeting and I am so happy ;D I lost another 2.2 pounds this week and today was my 1 month anniversary since starting Weight Watchers and I am down 10.8 for month. I didn't expect to lose this much so fast. The exciting thing is that I am eating the foods I like and am still losing weight!

I hope everyone else is having a good day.

Steph7409
03-06-2013, 10:14 PM
GettinFit, congrats! I'm glad you're enjoying WW and it's working for you.

Lotus7, good work on not snacking. I hope you enjoy your hike to the beach. I envy you the opportunity to do that! I'm going to Bald Head Island (off NC) at the end of May and plan to do a lot of walking, to and on the beach.

I've been eating too much and have no excuses for it. None!

Kaitie9399
03-06-2013, 10:29 PM
OP and I got a wii u today...and yes, I am years behind the rest of the world but so far it's a ton of fun. I actually didn't want to stop but it's late and I need my beauty sleep.

LuvCats
03-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome Lotus & GettingFit. I did have a terrific time in Vegas. Amazingly enough had a loss after I returned. Not quite sure how THAT happened the way I ate there.

WTG on the terrific results and not snacking, Lotus!

You can do it, Steph.

Wii is terrific, Katie. We have Wii Fit. I count it as exercise when I'm doing things like the free run or free step, etc.

Stayed OP today.. Actually a bit under points wise. Oh well I'm not going to worry about it no more food today. Have a great evening all. :)

GettinFit
03-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Good morning ladies,

Steph - You can do it. Just take it one meal at a time and think about and write down every bit you put in your mouth. You are going to get back to where you were.

Kaitie - I'm glad you're enjoying your Wii. I'm farther behind you, I still haven't bought one :D

LuvCats - Great job on jumping right back on track. I hope you have a great week.

So far so good for me. I'm working on planning my meals ahead of time and it's working really well for me. I'm even logging my meals in eTools first thing in the morning. I'm also focusing on drinking more water and that seems to be helping with my weight loss.

Have a great day ladies and stick to your weight loss plans.

Kaitie9399
03-07-2013, 09:04 PM
OP for today. I did an hour of activities on the wii--my favorite is the ski jump, my legs are all wobbly now from trying to squat over and over again. :-) and I did actually go to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio.

Keep up the good work everyone! It'll all pay off in the end!

Lotus7
03-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Hey ladies. My internet was a bit spotty yesterday so I wasn't able to check in. We had a crazy four hour hike in one of the reserves yesterday to get to this beach which was amazing. And we also took a hike up to swim in one of the waterfalls. It was a fantastic workout but I can barely walk today.

According to MFP, I burned about 1400 kcal so I was bit more liberal with the food. I ate breakfast pre-hike b/c I was not sure how my body would respond to that much exertion without food and I had a snack at the end of the hike b/c it was going to be a while before we got back to our little beach town for lunch. So I acknowledge the snacking but I still ended up with a deficit of about 950 kcal which was great.

Today we were travelling most of the day to another town but we managed to rack up a 6km hike (~1hour) to get to the ATM and back, so that was about all the movement I could muster besides a bit of swimming. Eating was pretty much OP and I ended with a calorie deficit of around 660 which I'll take. We've been moving around a lot so tomorrow I'm planning just a vegetative beach day but will try to get a body rock workout in if I'm not still too sore.

GettinFit
03-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Good morning ladies and Happy Friday,

Lotus - Sounds like you are having so much fun and great job on getting in all the activity and staying on track with your eating!

Kaitie - Great job on your being OP too.

Steph - Hows it going for you?

I'm still sticking to my plan 100% and I'm feeling so good and strong right now. I just have to stay in this zone. I hope you all have a great day ;)

SuperCecilia
03-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days - I'm in Central Virginia and Tuesday night and Wednesday we got 16 inches of snow and the power is still out. I'm emailing from a coffee shop. Despite the big change in routine, I've still been eating on plan, and even made it to a neighbor's yesterday who has power to do a 3 mile jog on the treadmill. Eating on plan was easier when I was feeling a bit flu-like and had less of an appetite, but still counting my carbs and proteins and working to keep things balanced.

I'll catch up more with you all when the power is back on - here's hoping it will be soon! :)

Kaitie9399
03-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Hope your power comes back soon Cecilia!

I'm OP for the day, actually I'm under on my calories...too much under to be honest. I'm at 1000....to low. Way to low, but the question is now---do I eat at 10:00 or just let it ride the way it is?

Lotus7
03-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Cecilia - you are really a trooper. Hope you get your power back soon.

Kaitie - if you're under your calories and not hungry I wouldn't worry about it. I find that my body usually will balance it out by making up for it the next day. I will be a bit hungrier and eat a bit more.

I've been eating OP for today with a deficit of around 600. I didn't do any workouts today since I was still a bit sore. But I spent most of the day at the beach and got a bit of swimming and walking in. Tomorrow will do the beach again but am planning to get in a hike as well. Only a few more days of vacation left :(

Crow
03-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Hey everybody!

I've been really bad at checking in to this thread, but I'm pretty much sticking to my March plan so far.

I'm making my 1lb a week goal, which is helping keep me motivated. I've also been good about my 5-a-day, which is why I'm still losing and also why I haven't had to fight too hard to stay binge free. I had half a bag of potato chips yesterday, but I stopped there and didn't have the usual temptation to finish the bag then see what else I had.

The only thing I haven't been managing is my exercise commitment. I've been active every day but not exercising as such, and I'm determined to wipe the slate clean on that and try harder next week. I really don't enjoy exercising so I'm dragging my feet about making the time.

How's everybody else doing?

LuvCats
03-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Looking good GettingFit!

I want your snow, Celia! lol

Lol a bit sore here too, Lotus. I did 30 min of wii fit free step the other day. I probably have quit after 20 this time. Yesterday I just walked the dog to the dog park and played fetch with her so pretty simple.

I agree, Katie, I think if it is 10 at night and you aren't hungry don't eat....but then the next day try not to let it go without eating right.

I'm not crazy about exercise either, Crow. I do find doing things like Wii fit (the active things like walking/stepping/jogging for 10+ min not just the short fun/goofy games) and even walking my dog help keep me going. I like to read while I do the elliptical (love my nook for that!!) or the other day I watched TV while I did wii free step. I've managed to do some form of exercise for about 2 months now on a near daily basis (have missed probably 3 times since then) by trying to keep it fun.

Staying OP still. Today we may go to Fuddruckers which will be challenging but as long as I don't eat too many fries I think I'll be okay.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Lotus7
03-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Crow - Good job on meeting your goal. I'm a daily weigher and have been on vacation for almost two weeks so I'm really anxious to see what the scale says when I get back.

LuvCats - Good job on the Wii. As they say no pain, no gain :D

Yesterday was OP for me. I'm starting to get this system of nutrition trade-offs quite well. I skipped my sweet tea with lunch yesterday to save some calories. Then I had a few bites of DBFs ice cream in the afternoon and a glass of rum as a night cap (when in Rome :devil:) and I still ended up with an 800+ calorie deficit.

Since its our last full day on vacation we will probably do a nice dinner and drinks. I know I'll likely have a smaller deficit but I feel a bit more confident that I will get back on track the next day with the better habits I'm building up.

GettinFit
03-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Good morning ladies,

Sorry I missed posting yesterday but I was so busy and the day went by so fast. I was 100% OP and I got in a 3 mile walk. Glad you ladies are doing good too!

Cecilia - Great job on staying in control though being without power. I hope you're not getting the flu.

Crow - Great job on your staying in control with the chips.

I can't believe it's already 3/10. The month is flying by. I sure hope I can make March a 31 day OP month :carrot:

I'm off to do my workout so have a great day everyone.

Kaitie9399
03-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Good evening everyone!

Today was OP and my arms are sore from playing the kung fu game on the wii!!! Anyway, have a great week everyone!

GettinFit
03-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Good morning ladies,

I had a great weekend and I hope you all did too:)

I'm ready for another OP week. I am so excited that my clothes are starting to fit again. Some of my 16 pants are getting baggy after being so tight when I started out 5 weeks ago. I can't wait to get in my 14s.

I've got to get used of the time change but it will be nice having more daylight when I get home. I wanted to walk this evening but it's supposed to rain so I guess I'll do a DVD and walk tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday.

SuperCecilia
03-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Good morning and happy Monday everyone! Power is back on - hooray and gratitude to the power company people who have been very busy since last week's storm.

I didn't stay OP on Saturday - I was feeling annoyed about a situation in my life and came across some forgotten Hershey kisses in the house and probably ate twelve of them. Definitely more carbs than I should have in one sitting - and not healthy carbs either. :(

BUT I have gotten back on the wagon. Yesterday was OP - two whole grain pancakes with blueberries and flax seed and PB for breakfast, a moderate carb lunch, a moderate carb snack bar in the afternoon. I went out to dinner with my sweetie - though I know he wanted to do a local pizza place, we went somewhere else since I know a slice or two of pizza would be too high in carbs, and probably not have enough protein to balance. I had a hamburger with lettuce and tomato made with local, organic beef and tore off half the top bun. For a side, instead of fries, I had sauteed brussel sprouts. It was nice because the portion wasn't huge (I would guess it was probably 4 oz of meat) and though I can't be positive about the carb count, I would guess 3/4 bun is not over 30 carbs. I did want something sweet afterwards, so made hot cocoa with organic skim milk, 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar, and some unsweetened cocoa powder which seems like a low-carb, and low-cal way to indulge my sweet tooth a bit. And my significant other is now aware of my eating plan and I've explained about not having more than 30 g carb at a time, and balanced with protein, and he is being supportive. I know he will love me at any size, but he is health-conscious and we both know that my losing weight would be healthier.

OP so far today - 1 1/2 slice toast with PB for breakfast, and some milk with protein powder mixed in. Planning to meet a friend for lunch and will order a big salad with some lean protein like shrimp or chicken.

I'm realizing I need to include more veg in my diet. Maybe baby carrots with hummus for a snack, mashed cauliflower (instead of potato) as a side dish, or making sure there are leftover steamed veg in the fridge to pull out when I am hungry. Other ideas?

Kaitie - kung fu on wii sounds like a fun workout. I've only done the dance games on wii and have enjoyed them.

GettinFit - glad you are psyched for an OP week! (And I don't think it was the flu (though that has been going around) - I have some hormonal issues and there are sometimes 2-3 days in the month when I am low energy, low appetite, headachy, etc and I think that is what I was dealing with last week. I don't like not feeling well, but those are days when it's much easier to keep my eating under control!)

Lotus - congrats on being so on the ball while on vacation. Sounds like you are having a great time.

Crow - yay for you for meeting your goal.

Lotus7
03-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Morning ladies. Sounded like everyone had a good weekend. I'm heading back to Philadelphia in a few hours so vacation is coming to a close. But it was wonderful.

Cecilia - welcome back to the light :D It sounds like you are making some great food choices and its good to hear your SO is being very supportive. Everybody needs a Hershey kiss day....

...which brings me to yday. I indulged quite a bit yday as it was our last day in Costa Rica. The last night of vacation we usually go wild with a nice dinner and drinks and boy did I. I still haven't calculated everything in MFP but I know that I had no deficit yday and I did not eat OP. I did so well throughout the vacation though and I'm back in the right mindset today. I'm really excited to get back home and get back into my regular workout/eating plan. I actually miss oatmeal :)

Kaitie9399
03-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Hello Everyone! Happy Monday!

I am OP and my arms and shoulders are so sore from the wii!!!! I want to play it again right now but I know that's just not a smart thing to do. Took the dog for a walk and he enjoyed that. :-)

SuperCecilia
03-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Happy Tuesday everybody! I'm glad to report that yesterday was an OP day. I made a wild rice and lentil veggie soup for dinner from a recipe a friend invented and it was delicious. Made even better by the fact that I know it is lower carb, full of fiber and nutrition.

Scale hasn't moved any lower, but since I had a big whoosh my first week I am very content to stay around 213 for another week or so. Can't expect a big loss every week. With the challenges I've got going on (underactive thyroid, insulin resistance, etc) I'm very happy with losing slowly. Planning to make it to the Y this afternoon to swim laps for today's workout.

Happy OP Tuesday to all!

GettinFit
03-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Hello ladies,

Happy Tuesday to you all :)

Cecilia - Glad you were able to get right back on track and OP. Hang in there, the scale will eventually go down.

Lotus - I'm glad you've had a great vacation!

Kaitie - Great job on staying OP and working out.

I've had a good day so far and I brought my workout gear so that I can go walk after work. I'm looking forward to a great walk today and to finishing the day OP. I'm also looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.

Lotus7
03-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Hey everyone. Am finally back home from vacation. I didn't make it home until 3am this morning after about 16 hours of travel. Yesterday was not the best day intake wise. We were at the mercy of airport and airline food so I ended up having a lot of snack food and Chili's take-out. I was definitely over my calories but I did get a long walk in in the morning before we traveled and a lot of movement in the airports, running to buses subways, etc., so I was pretty much on my feet when I wasn't on the plane.

Today was much better. I had a small deficit today, only 350, but after the last two days at least its something. I ate on plan for lunch and dinner, but then I just got this hankering for something sweet. And since I've been giving in the last few days, my resolve was not so strong. Baby steps back into the right mindset.

SuperCecilia
03-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Lotus - welcome home! It is tough to eat well when traveling and spending hours in an airport, that is for sure. Congrats on getting right back on track and having a deficit today. Hope that settling in after your vacation goes well.

GettinFit
03-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Good morning ladies,

Welcome back Lotus! Sounds like you did okay overall.

I'm still OP and doing good. I did a nice 3 mile hilly walk yesterday and may go again today.

I hope you all have a great Wednesday ;)

SuperCecilia
03-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Happy to report another OP day! Made it out to run/walk a 5k after my afternoon meeting. I've done this twice now since being on a reduced-carb diet and it's really tough to work out - I just feel like I don't have gas in my tank. Maybe I will have to tweak with increasing my carbs just before a workout, like eating a banana or something. I'm training for a 5k race at the end of March and I know I won't get a decent time without carbs to fuel me. But, of course, I don't want to go overboard. Will have to troubleshoot. Maybe will head over to the low-carb message board for advice.

GettinFit - congrats on staying OP!

GettinFit
03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks Cecilia. I hope you can get your carbs regulated so that you'll have the fuel you need for your workouts.

I was down another 2.8 pounds at my W/I today. I am so excited!!! When I logged my weight into eTools, it told me that I was losing too fast but there is no way I wanna slow it down. I am eating my daily Pts and some of my Weekly Pts and I'm not depriving myself at all.

I hope everyone else had a good day.

Lotus7
03-14-2013, 02:22 AM
GettinFit - way to go on the weight loss!!

Am definitely needing some support. I'm still not back on plan. It seems my little "allowances" over the past few days (and maybe just being back to the grind of the real world) have triggered some of my emotional eating habits. I basically just ate my way through the day and on most of the trigger stuff that I had managed to cut out a while ago. I'm definitely feeling a bit frustrated especially that we're almost halfway through the month.

I think that I'm going to revise my deficit goal slightly for the month just so that I can get back to my baseline and get consistent for the rest of the month. I'm just going to aim for a 600 kcal deficit. I think that I can do better on some days but This will at least put me at losing a pound a week and for my motivation it will help to reach that goal everyday.

SuperCecilia
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM
GettinFit - congrats on your successful weigh-in! I'm sure that feels great. :carrot:

Lotus - getting back on track on vacation is tough physically and emotionally. By recognizing your emotional eating, you're conscious of it and then are able to make different choices - good for you. Be gentle with yourself and keep on taking the right next step!

On track so far today...and is it my imagination or are this pants not fitting quite so tight on my waist? :D

GettinFit
03-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Good morning ladies,

SuperCecilia - Great job on your pants getting loose :cb: Keep up the great work and you'll soon need to buy smaller ones :D

I'm feeling good and strong today. One of my main reasons for wanting to lose weight is to lower my blood pressure and not have to take meds anymore. Well today my B/P was way lower than it was 6 weeks ago before I started my journey. It's amazing that losing just 15 pounds would make such a difference. I am so motivated to keep on doing what I'm doing.

I hope everyone else is having a good day.

GettinFit
03-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Lotus - I missed seeing your post. I hope you are doing better today. For me it's usually a let down when I come back off a nice vacation and I also tend to want to turn to food. I think it's a good idea that you're adjusting your deficit until you can work your way back to where you were.

Hang in there.

Kaitie9399
03-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Good Evening Everyone! Wahoo! Tomorrow's Friday!

I am OP and totally loving this Wii Fit Plus. I am now very close to the 180's club. I was 190.4 this morning, I'm hope for at least 190.0 by Saturday which is my official weigh in day (even though I weigh myself everyday morning and night!) but still, in my head it's the 'official' day. :-)

Anyway, FYI there is a time limit on the cycling game on WFP, even if you are pedaling your little heart out to find 20 flags and it takes you forever to find the last one and you're almost there and BOOM! Times up, wah, wah, wah!

Good night! Have a great day tomorrow!

Lotus7
03-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Cecilia and GettinFit - thank you so much for the words of support.

Today was a bit better than yday but Not completely back on plan. I gave into some unhealthy late afternoon snacking and did not do my planned workout. But on the upside, I managed to stick to my eating window and had a healthy lunch. I also got a good walk in before.

So will just take the positive from today and build on that for tomorrow.:)

SuperCecilia
03-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Happy Friday, everybody!

An OP day - I baked mini-muffins today for a meeting that I am helping to host tomorrow. I made them lower-carb (used half flax seed, half whole wheat flour), and added chia seeds and pecans for some good fat and protein. I ate two of the mini-muffins after I pulled them out of the oven. As I was taking them out of the muffin trays, little pieces were left behind which I didn't pop into my mouth mindlessly. It sounds small, but feel like a bit of a victory. I do like to bake but a little nibble here and a little nibble there, especially if it is sweet and/or chocolately (though these weren't) definitely adds up and can be a set-back.

Another small victory of awareness, I wasn't able to get an official workout in today (though I did more walking than usual in the course of my work day) so before dinner unrolled my yoga mat and did half an hour of yoga videos.

I also read a post on another thread reminding me that (with issues like IR and PCOS) just maintaining and not gaining is a win. That was a helpful reminder to keep me from slipping into the desire of wanting to drop weight quickly.

Lotus - congrats on your positive steps and here is to building on them!

Kaitie - congrats on being so close to 190! And I hear you about the compulsive weighing...without going into details, I'll say I'm a part of that club, too. :)

Lotus7
03-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Hi Ladies.

Cecilia - not taking those nibbles is a good step. I'm not baking so much these days, but I could always judge how far I'd come with good eating habits by how long I stared at the cake/cookie/etc batter before deciding to wash out the bowl and avoid a disaster.

Today was SO much better for me. I'm actually not feeling the craving/out of controlness that I felt for the past few days. So maybe it was something hormonal since I'm also taking some medication but boy was it frustrating.

I was not totally OP today in terms of the deficit, but at about 360 kcals. However I did get in a good amount of walking and my planned skating session. I also stuck to my two planned meals quite easily instead of snacking throughout my eating window. So huge step today. Tomorrow I will just keep building on today and try to bring down the calories slightly at each meal...almost back!:carrot:

Kaitie9399
03-15-2013, 11:49 PM
:-) Good Evening Everyone! My cherubs were off the wall today, excited about the lesson but boy they just would not close their mouths! and I had to seriously yell at a kid today. I haven't had to do that in years. He left rehearsal during our break after I told him 'no', ran home, got his snacks and came back. He was gone for 20 minutes. I was freakin' out, I had to call the principal and everything. I should mention that this is an 9 year old kid. Not happy.

Putting aside the woes my of job; I was a flat 190 today, I met my goal a day early (wahoo!). Now I'm mentally preparing myself for it to be ok if the scale reads something other than 189.8 tomorrow. John made dinner and putting Italian seasoning and salt on the rice. *crosses fingers* I hope it doesn't mess things up. I did an hour of wii fit plus and most of that was step aerobics, cycling, and running so high calorie burners.

OP and ready for Saturday. (and a major vacation!)

SuperCecilia
03-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Kaitie - congrats on 190! way to go!

Lotus - congrats on your deficit, and on your positive steps forward. And I know hormones can throw everything from appetite to mood to motivation to energy off...sometimes I use the mantra of "it's just my hormones" to keep myself from thinking I'm going nuts.

I'm back from my morning meeting. I had one mini-muffin balanced with a handful of sunflower seeds, a cup of coffee, and 1/2 a serving of crackers balanced with a piece of cheese for my mid-morning snack. (Linked and balanced carbs and protein, ka-ching!) There was a lunch served afterwards - an egg/orzo/veggie/cheese frittata type thing served with a big green salad. Dessert was a piece of cake topped with sliced strawberries - I had about two strawberries and didn't touch the cake.

It's impossible to know for sure, but I think it's reasonable to assume the total carbs between the orzo in the fritatta and the two strawberries was 30 g or below. And of course lots of good protein with the eggs to balance those carbs. I walked away feeling satisfied and full enough, and certainly not stuffed. Feels good to have navigated a meal made by someone else in a situation I didn't create or control.

I did some yoga and hula-hooping this morning, and headed out to the pool in about an hour to swim laps!

GettinFit
03-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone and happy Saturday.

All is going good with me. No food challenges today. Sticking with my Points and exercise.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Kaitie9399
03-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Wahoo!!!! 189.2 at 6:30 this morning and 188.6 at 8:30!!!!!

So happy!!!! I'm almost to 20 pounds gone---and I managed to button up my super cool white winter jacket that hasn't fit me in ages! Now, I'm not ready to wear it yet, well I don't think I can actually move in it but still! I can get it on!

Lotus7
03-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Go Kaitie !!! Great job on breaking into the 180s. I love that you weighed in two hours later "just to pinch yourself"...hahaha.

Today was just ok for me. I did not have a deficit but I did keep to my eating window. I had a great lunch planned and then I just gave into a craving impulsively (can't even explain it) which kind of ruined my mojo. But I just accepted it and told myself to just keep moving forward at the next meal.

So frustrating when you get off track in the first place...I'm realizing that I may have to 'white knuckle' it for a few days to get rid of the cravings. What do you guys do when the sugar/trigger foods are calling your name?

Kaitie9399
03-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks Lotus! To answer your question about dealing with cravings: I just think about how upset I'll be the next morning if I step onto the scale and it doesn't show a number lower than yesterdays.

I'm OP for today and as soon as my blanket is dry I'm heading to bed! I had to force myself not to do WFP today, I need to let my body rest---even though I was I wanted to play so bad!

Here's hoping for a good week. I scheduled rehearsals during conferences so hopefully my boss won't yell at me. *eek!*

180 flat....you're only 9 pounds away and I'm determined to get there a.s.a.p. I have a bunch of clothes that I want to wear before the weather gets warm.

Lotus7
03-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Good advice Kaitie. I think envisioning that cookie as a big obstacle to my goal will keep it right on the store shelf.

Great news for me today. Not only did I stay OP but I had a deficit of just over 700 calories!!! I ate OP went for a nice walk and it was pretty easy besides convincing myself to go out into the cold weather. Its been almost a week since I've seen these numbers which I guess isn't that long but a day seems like a year when you are waiting for something to happen.

I'm just really relieved and I know that if I can do it once, I can do it 1000x. I just need to take it one day at a time.

I hope the rest of the weekend was good for everyone.

SuperCecilia
03-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Happy Monday morning everybody! Awoke today to snow falling...hoping that spring comes soon.

Good news - the scale said 213.0 this morning - down .4 pounds. Which means I have hit the five pounds gone mark. I had a big "whoosh" of lost when I first started and then have been pretty much stalled for two weeks, so it is encouraging to see a lower number and know that things are moving in the right direction! I've decided when I hit my first goal of 199 I am going to get my hair cut.

Yesterday was another on plan day with an hour of dance for exercise. Off to a good start today as well. Wishing everyone a great week!

Kaitie9399
03-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Hello Everyone! Here comes Tuesday already!

OP for today and had so much fun playing wfp...seriously doesn't feel like "exercise". I did 13 miles! My legs feel it though!

It's sleeting here, and since we have conferences tomorrow I highly doubt that we'll get a delayed opening. Boo. I guess it's better this way, after Hurricane Sandy used up all of our snow days we now have to go to school until June 27th!!! Eek!

Lotus7
03-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Hey Ladies. I hope everyone's week has gotten off to a good start. The weather is not great here either but I trekked out to a rink on the other side of town to get in a skating session (where my umbrella died on me). My deficit today was about 500 which is pretty decent. Will keep the momentum this week.

GettinFit
03-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Hello ladies,

I can't believe I missed two days of posting. I've been 100% OP and am still cruising along. Looks like you ladies are doing good too. I'm so happy for all of us. I hope we all end March on a great note.

Kaitie9399
03-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Me too Gettin' Fit! I'm glad that we're all doing well.

OP for the day---and I was under calories so I had a treat! 3 cookies---and then I did wfp for an hour to work them all off. :-)

Lotus7
03-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Kaitie - you're on a roll with the WFP. Keep it up! I'm glad you found an activity that you really liked.

Today was OP for me. My calorie deficit was over 600 and I was quite active. I got a nice brisk walk in and then DBF and I took a salsa class in the evening which was super fun.

Kaitie9399
03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
NO!!!!!! Major salt bomb today, 3979 mg's of sodium--and that's that I ate half of the food. So....I probably shouldn't weigh myself tomorrow, it's not gonna be pretty.

Kaitie9399
03-21-2013, 11:02 PM
OP for today and I did 90 minutes of wfp (mostly aerobics to burn those pesky calories faster!).

I'm hope that my salt bomb and 'other' interferences will go away soon and leave me alone!

Lotus7
03-22-2013, 05:31 AM
Hey ladies. Forgot to post yday...its been a busy week. My eating has not been great past few days. I've been getting my planned workouts in and I did stick to my eating window which has been pretty easy. But I'm getting crazy sugar cravings in the late afternoon. I don't usually have an afternoon snack planned so I'm wondering if I should just take control of the situation and pre-empt it with a yogurt or a protein shake or something. I'm going to try that for a few days and see how that goes. I've also heard of taking l-glutamine to help get rid of cravings so I might try that as Plan B.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

SuperCecilia
03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi all - sorry I have been MIA for the last few days. I get hormone headaches on occasion so the last three days have been pretty low energy and low activity for me. But feeling much better today. When I have headaches I don't have the energy to exercise, but I also have a diminished appetite so I imagine it kind of balances out. But grateful to be feeling better today and I look forward to doing some yoga this afternoon.

Lotus - I have found I become ravenous mid-afternoon, especially for sweets, if I don't eat enough in the morning or have enough protein. Every body is different, but maybe experiment spacing out your calories differently and including more protein in the morning?

Kaitie - I hear you on the sodium. Avoid the scale if you can because you know that number isn't "real."

GettinFit - congrats on cruising along.

Happy, on-plan weekend to all!

Kaitie9399
03-22-2013, 11:18 PM
So everyone at school was eating pizza today except me, I was eating a healthy choice frozen lunch---I knew I had to have pizza for dinner. Even with my two slices I came in under 1100 calories.

220 for breakfast, 180 for lunch, and the rest for PIZZA!!! Ok, I might regret it tomorrow morning but tom has been running interference this week and it's been getting to me. The pizza was yummy.

So technically it's OP because of the calories but some how I don't think pizza makes it an op kind of day. WFP for an hour. :-)

GettinFit
03-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Good morning ladies,

Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately but I have to be careful logging on at work. I promise to do better this week. I have been 100% OP an lost another 1.8 pounds this week at my W/I. I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I've been OP every day with NO BINGES:carrot: I am still so excited about the WW plan.

Kaitie9399 - Great job on staying in control with the pizza :cb:

Cecelia - I hope your headache has gone away now.

Lotus - I hope you're back in control with your eating and congrats on getting your workouts in.

I hope you ladies all have a great weekend.

SuperCecilia
03-23-2013, 03:59 PM
GettinFit - congrats on your loss! That is awesome!

Kaitie - you certainly planned for your pizza, I hope you enjoyed it!

On Plan today - One whole wheat pancake for breakfast with two scrambled eggs, packed a morning snack to eat while running errands. Homemade fish taco for lunch - one whole wheat tortilla, pan seared mahi mahi with fresh parsley, lemon, and avocado and a bunch of steamed broccoli.

Sometimes it seems like limited to 30 g of carbs for a meal is tough (that's like, 3/4 cup of pasta!) but I am learning to be creative about the way to make the most of my carbs and combine them with tasty proteins and fats. Scale said 213 this morning - maintaining my five pound lost, it's been five pounds in five weeks which feels VERY encouraging given my challenges of insulin resistance, underactive thyroid, etc.

Enjoy the weekend!

Lotus7
03-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Hey All. I hope the weekend is going well. Yesterday was quite smooth for me. I ate OP and exercised and ended up with a deficit slightly over 600. Today was quite the opposite eating-wise. I had a VERY stressful morning and just was not able to keep the eating in check. I did compensate for it at work and I got my planned workout in.

I did figure out one way to deal with the mid-afternoon sweet craving and that was by having a bowl of yogurt w/ cinnamon on it. It answered my need to snack and the cinnamon is supposed to be good for stabilizing blood sugar. Worked like a charm. I'm on my hormone meds for a few more days, but I might also try out the L-glutamine when I'm off.

So basically for the past week, every few days has been a bit off which is much better than the week before but still not where I need it to be to see weight loss. I'm feeling good about the exercise but I'm really just trying to zero in on being consistent with the eating so I can start seeing some progress. Fingers crossed....:)

GettinFit
03-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Good morning ladies,

Cecilia - Congrats on your 5 pound loss with the challenges you have. You are off to a great start.

Lotus - Glad things are going good for you too. Hopefully, you will see a loss soon. Hang in there.

All is good with me today. Eating within my Pts and will be doing a WATP DVD in a few minutes.

Stay strong ladies and let's finish the month off very strong. I can't believe April is just around the corner. This year is flying by and I want to be at or close to my goal by the end of the year.

Lotus7
03-25-2013, 12:29 AM
Had a really good day today. Eating was on plan and I got my scheduled walk in. I have been doing 4-miles on my walking days but decided to up it to 5 so that I could ease into the 8K jogging/running plan in a few weeks.

I have been playing around with my calories/deficits/meals over the last few days and have figured out that I was probably too low on my calories before, because I was underestimating my BMR. I think this is mostly responsible for why I was not seeing weight loss and also partly for the overeating. On my last weigh-in, I had not gained an ounce despite all the crazy cookie binges I was having which makes me think that my body needed the calories and carbs.

I've added a few new changes into my regimen that have been helping.
1) I mentioned the yogurt/cinnamon thing yesterday which also saved me today, so I'm trying to add that in every afternoon. It stabilizes my blood sugar and lets me get on with the day.
2) Also, after my workouts, I'm choosing to eat back most of my exercise calories with whatever ONE piece of candy I want. On the days I've done this, I've actually met my numbers easily and because its built into my plan the guilt is gone. And based on some of the fitness research, if you are going to eat candy, post-workout is the best time to do it because it actually works in your favor (as the sugar is a quick fuel).

So, I'm going to keep working on being consistent with these things habit over the next few days and see what the results are at my next weigh-in.

Sorry this is so long. But maybe it will be helpful to you guys if you come up against any of these issues.

GettinFit
03-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Hello ladies,

Lotus - I'm glad your changes are working for you. Keep up the great work.

All is going good with me. Today I wore a pair pants that I bought in November but they were too tight to wear. Today I wore them and the are almost too big. Also, I measured my waist today and it's 6 inches smaller than it was when I re started on 2/6. Motivation for me to keep going :carrot:

Have a great evening everyone.

Kaitie9399
03-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Hello Everyone! OP for the day! Have a great Tuesday!

SuperCecilia
03-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Hello all -

I do want to share my discovery that increasing my carb intake makes a HUGE difference in fueling my workouts. I increased my oatmeal this morning (had about 60 g of carb instead of usual 30 g) and then within an hour or so was on the treadmill and cranked out a 5k (3.1 miles). I ran the whole thing with two short walk breaks. It is amazing how different it feels from running when I have reduced my carbs - like doing a science experiment with myself! Anyway, I think I have found my motivator - if I want to eat more than 30 g at a meal, it needs to be to fuel a workout within two hours to burn it off. I need to test this theory to see if I can still lose, but certainly it feels much better to run when I've got gas in my tank!

Anyway, Sunday and Monday were "bottomless pit" days - I ate every 2-3 hours but still felt hungry. BUT stayed on plan and didn't overdo carbs at snacks or meals, and went for healthy stuff: eggs and WW toast for breakfast, apple and protein bar for a snack, beans and WW tortilla with steamed veggies, that kind of thing. But today my appetite feels more normal, so that combined with my rockin' workout this morning make me feel like I am on solid ground.

GettinFit - congrats on your fitting into your motivation pants - and that they are almost too big! I have a pair of Size 10 Old Navy jeans in my drawer - right now I can wear a size 14 comfortably and a size 12 snugly.

Lotus7
03-26-2013, 11:38 PM
GettinFit - good going on the inch loss and getting in to those pants.

Cecilia - I'm glad you're figuring out how to manage the carbs. I feel like this weight loss journey is a mystery and every few days you unlock a few clues to get closer to your goal. Keep up the good work!

Today was good for me. I did not have a big deficit, only 100, but I was able to stay OP with eating in my window and getting my workout in. I was lazy for lunch (not enough sleep + a sink of dirty dishes) and ended up getting a not so healthy Chinese takeout which literally ate up most of my calories. So my mid-afternoon meal and dinner were on point but that sesame chicken kind of threw me off. Lesson learned.

Kaitie9399
03-27-2013, 12:46 AM
Slighty on the high side with calories today, 1555, not terrible. On my feet most of the day and then came home and did wfp for 40 minutes (yep, started at 11) I'm crazy. :-)

Please cross your fingers that my scale will say something lower than 188.4 tomorrow.

GettinFit
03-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Good morning ladies,

Congrats to everyone for being OP!

SuperCecilia - I hope you fit into your size 10 jeans soon. Just keep on working your plan and you will be in them before you know it. I would like to end up in a nice fitting size 10. We can do it!!!

Lotus & Kaitie - Looks like you are working your plans.

Kaitie - I hope the scale is good to you and you see a lower number :)

I'm doing good, staying OP. I'm looking forward to my W/I today and hopefully, I'll have a nice surprise when I get on the scale. Since joining WW I've had great losses every week and I know there's a possibility that I'm going to step on the scale one week with no loss or a gain. That's just the way it goes but I'm dreading it ever so much.

You ladies all have a great OP Wednesday;)

SuperCecilia
03-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi all and happy Wednesday!

On plan so far today - a nice, big, healthy breakfast of 2 egg omelette with broccoli. Then I fired up my new Vitamix (fancy expensive blender I got as a gift) and made a whole fruit and veggie juice with orange, carrot, cucumber, ginger, and a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice. Yum! Started off my day with a serving of fruit and two servings of veggies.

Kaitie and GettinFit- hope the scale gives you a good number, but even if it doesn't, good for you both for staying on plan (and Kaitie, getting exercise in even so late!). I'm a daily weigher and the fluctuations can get me down (I can be up two pounds one day, down a pound the next) so I try to remind myself it's the overall direction of the scale, and not the number on any given day. GettinFit, I can totally relate to how disappointing it can be to have no loss or even a gain and we just have to remind ourselves that there are so many things (sodium, water retention from exercise, hormones, etc) that can cause the scale to fluctuate but isn't a REAL measure of our success. That's why we have those motivating pants....!

Lotus - good for you for not going over calories even with chinese takeout.

Okay - off to have my morning snack with balanced carbs and protein! :)

GettinFit
03-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Ceilia - I'm glad you've had a good day.

I had a great W/I today and lost another 2.6 pounds. I am so excited that I'm losing so steady.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.

Lotus7
03-28-2013, 12:42 AM
GettinFit - way to go on the weight loss!! You are on a roll.

Kaitie - am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Today was OP for me. I hit my deficit goals with healthy food choices and no overeating. And I got my exercise in. Feeling pumped for tomorrow.:carrot:

GettinFit
03-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks Lotus - I just hope I can stay on this roll. Glad it's going well for you too. Keep up the good work.

I had a good day and am so looking to the weekend.

I hope everyone else is doing good.

Kaitie9399
03-29-2013, 12:17 AM
My scale finally went down. I'm at 187.4 today and mostly OP. I had a chocolate chip cookie--and it was good!

.4 more and it's an even 20 pounds down--can't wait!

I wore jeans to work today for the first time in many years and they were a size 14. Wahoo! Go me!

Lotus7
03-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Kaitie - Good on you!! Congrats on busting through the 188-lb barrier.

I was OP with eating and exercise today. I've tried to keep it really high-protein/low carb the last few days and it seems to help me a lot with the feeling satisfied and curbing my carb/sugar cravings. I had a piece of candy after my workout today, but it felt like more of a habit than a craving. I even bought the smaller piece!

SuperCecilia
03-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Good morning and happy Friday -

The scale said 212.4 today, so happy to change my profile and have a lower number. A .6 loss might not seem like much, but I consider maintaining or even a tiny loss (like .2 lb) success, so feel pretty pleased. After all, if I can lose even a half a pound in a week, it will add up. Slow and steady wins the race!

Was totally OP yesterday and used my vitamix to make a veggie smoothie - Greek yogurt, low-fat milk, spinach, broccoli, celery, carrot for dinner last night. I am thinking of trying to "front load" my carbs (which I'm eating fewer of) so have some at breakfast and lunch and then very few or none at dinner. Tweaking and more tweaking to figure out what works. I also squeezed in a half hour treadmill run in after work yesterday.

Some NSVs - I'm only down 5 1/2 pounds, but am feeling better, more energetic, more stable mood, fewer cravings as I have been more intentional about the insulin resistance diet eating plan. Good sleep, good digestion, good mental state since I've mostly cut out the "white" stuff - sugar, refined carbs, pasta, etc. It motivates me to keep going! Also, I tried on my size 10 jeans today - I can't button them yet but can get them on and over my bootie (hopefully not TMI!) which feels like a step in the right direction.

Happy, OP weekend to all - here's to not letting Easter sweets or treats derail us!

GettinFit
03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Good morning ladies,

I'm so proud of us!! We are all doing an awesome job.

Kaitie & Ceilia - Congrats your scale victories this week :cp:
Ceilia - I'm chasing you - I was at 216.4 at my last W/I.

Lotus - Great job on your good eating this week too. Keep it going :cb:

I'm still cruising along with my WW plan and I'm feeling great. I plan to stay 100% on track this weekend. Ain't no stoppin me now :D

Have a great Friday everyone.

Lotus7
03-31-2013, 12:33 AM
Great job everyone! Yesterday was OP yesterday until we went out for drinks in the evening. The drinks were fine, but I tend to make not so great food choices when I drink. I was just nibbling at the leftovers in the fridge. But in the end it wasn't too bad. I was only 2-300 over my calories and that's not including my workout plus another long walk in the day.

Today was a bit stressful and I ended up giving into cravings at lunchtime. But I got back on track in the afternoon, did my scheduled exercise and cleaned it up at dinner. So I didn't give up and let my lunch slip-up blow my whole day which I'm really proud of. Tomorrow I will plan better and make some forward progress.

Hope everybody has a good weekend.

Kaitie9399
03-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Argh! It's been an off-plan kind of weekend. Friday night I ended up having to eat two dinners (out of politeness), Saturday we had a fancy wedding anniversary dinner for a friend and the food was loaded with sodium--and I ate the entire piece of carrot cake, frosting and all, and today was Easter and well, ham is loaded with salt and I don't know what my crazy SIL put in those mashed potatoes but I didn't like them--ate them, but didn't like them. I did manage to restrain myself from the freaking cookies, chocolate cupcakes, and other goodies. I ate one jelly bean (which sucked, regular jelly beans please, none of these fancy ones!) and one peanut butter m&m. I really want to see 186.8 tomorrow. I've been hovering on almost losing twenty pounds the whole week and it's getting on my nerves.

I should report the good news though and be grateful. So, I lost 7.2 pounds in the month of March---go me!!!! I wore my size 14 jeans to work the other day and while no one else noticed it was a big deal to me. I've been wearing yoga pants for almost two years now. And, I've noticed that my energy level is through the roof (much to the dismay of my husband because I'm always wired like the energizer bunny and want to do more, more, MORE projects around the house). So, I'm grateful for all the progress I've made this month.

Come on April---mama wants to be 179 or lower by May 1st.