Old 02-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255 195.8 150

Height: 5'6

Default digital scale acting up

i got a new digital scale on december 20th, it was 30 dollars. it worked well the first month then the battery died (well became unreliable) and started dying every 2 weeks then every week and now its after a few days. the battery doesnt "die" but the weight it gives me after a few days will start to be a few pounds to 5 pounds over my weight with a freash battery. ive gone through 5 batteries since december and im just wondering if this is just how it goes with digital scales or if i should buy a new scale and this one shouldnt be so inaccurate after a few days of using a brand new battery etc.

it could be that iam simply dumb because when i weigh myself with new batteries i weigh then get off and weigh again to make sure its the same weight then i move the scale else where and i still get the same weight. when i assume the batteries are dying i will do this but get a different weight each time i get on or based on where the scale is on the floor. is the freash battery weight just not accurate? the scale does show the change batteries icon normally when it does become inaccurate.

Last edited by deadkittens; 02-28-2013 at 06:31 AM.
deadkittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/cw 147/gw 135/ugw 130

Height: 5'7''

My scale hasn't needed new batteries since I bought it - about a year ago. It is really consistent as long as it is on a level surface. I think there must be something wrong with the internal electronics in yours. Is it still under warranty? I would contact the company and ask about a replacement!

Last edited by bubblybarrister; 02-28-2013 at 07:03 AM.
bubblybarrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/198/158

Height: 5'8"

I've had my digital scale for almost two years at this point and have never had to change the batteries. I do have to recalibrate it if it gets moved or picked up or anything, but otherwise it has worked great.

I agree with the other comment about returning if it's under warranty and getting a new one!
apriljoiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yup, sounds like you got a defective scale if you're having to replace the batteries so often.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #5  

I have a digital scale with a lithium battery. I bought it about eight months ago. From the get go the thing has been inconsistently consistent. Sometimes it's accurate for long stretches and then other times it will give me a different reading every time. I just don't know what to make of it.
Kisigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255 195.8 150

Height: 5'6

i thought maybe digital scales just gobbled up the batteries. glad i asked now! thanks so much for the information! ive probably spent $20 on batteries for this $30 scale.. knew it couldnt have been right. i shall try to get a replacement or buy a new scale i guess.
deadkittens is offline   Reply With Quote