Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 09:36 PM   #1  

Default Hear Me Roar

Hi guys- some of you don't know me- I don't post here a lot, but my journal is posted and I have quite a few readers from this site.

Long story short- I just recently signed up for my first Triathlon and am on my second day of training- yeah!!

I am overweight, I have terrible knees, I work full time from home, and have three children, 11, 11, and 4. I am 35 years old. I just started working out for real 10 months ago. I have never been a frequent swimmer, never have been a runner ever, and while I do bike, it is with my kids.

I did this to keep my motivation strong and shake things up a bit in my life. I wanted to do something that scared the **** out of me, just to conquer it- but I also have always, in the back of my mind, wanted to be an athlete again (I played basketball in college).

I wanted a focus, a goal, something that was just mine- not my kids, not my hubbies, not my friends- something that put me outside of my self, out of my comfort zone. You know what? I find I am in my comfort zone! I love the training, the getting up early, the feeling of being strong and getting stronger- being around other people who are jazzed about being healthy and being proud of their bodies.

Well, my intent here is to let you all know, we can do this. We can be what we want to be, do what we want to do and lose what we want to lose. For me, it isn't just fat I need to lose, I needed to lose the image I gave myself as a fat, out of shape, middle age mom.

I am a strong, sexy, athletic woman and hear me ROAR!

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO MAKE YOURSELF ROAR??
Old 05-15-2003, 11:17 AM   #2  
Big Loser Wannabe

Good For You

I wish I had the strength & energy to do that, maybe someday
Old 05-15-2003, 06:51 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Santana... just wanted to congratulate you on your "new you" !!
I can hear the determination and commitment in that ROAR of yours.
Go Get Them Girl !!!!! I am PROUD of you !!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 10:49 PM   #4  

Thanks guys! It feels good to put it all down- makes me more accountable as well, and I hope maybe I can motivate someone who is wanting to do something but is afraid or lacks the confidence to jump in.

I used to be a "party" girl in college- we would go clubbing, but to be "cool" you didn't go and actually dance until 11pm- well, the bars closed at 1am where I lived and by the time we got there and got to dancing, we had about one hour left! We always regretted not going sooner and having had wasted the whole night because we didn't want to look "uncool"... LOL... I see it now a little differently- instead of hours, it is years that we all seem to have wasted due to different reasons- but if we jump on it now, we have way more than just "one hour" left to boogie!
Closed Thread