Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #1  
Ideal protein user!

S/C/G: 179/158/145

Height: 5'6

Angry what the...

My weigh in Monday was a huge disappointment, I lost .4 pound (i did loose inches). I have been feeling bloated for the past few days even though I have been 100% with this diet and Im not loosing!
I've been on IP for a month and dropped from 179-167.6. I just find it really annoying not to mention its been such a stressful week with little sleep.
Im starting to feel fat, and bloated (I had all my vegetables, water and vitamines)
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by grazi393; 02-27-2013 at 08:44 PM.
grazi393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #2  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

No ip for me but stress and lack of sleep can slow down weight loss. Plus being bloated or constipated will show on the scale. Sorry your loss is not what u wanted but on the plus side it's not a gain. Personally I think your + 12 lbs r great for a month.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #3  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Oops 11+ pounds.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #4  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

From everything I have read it seems common for your body to have some slow weeks. Mostly seems that your body has to catch up with itself. Also seems really common to hear about a slow week at peoples fourth or fifth weeks. I personally just had nine days where I lost nothing and then the scale just started moving again yesterday.

Knowing I am not alone always helps me. so remember you are not alone and that we are all here for you.

Last edited by MntRose; 02-27-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazi393 View Post
My weigh in Monday was a huge disappointment, I lost .4 pound (i did loose inches). I have been feeling bloated for the past few days even though I have been 100% with this diet and Im not loosing! I've been on IP for a month and dropped from 179-167.6. I just find it really annoying not to mention its been such a stressful week with little sleep.
Im starting to feel fat, and bloated (I had all my vegetables, water and vitamines)
What am I doing wrong?
Yes you are losing. Inches count too! Your body is going to make adjustments along the way, having lost almost 12lbs in the first month your body is going to need to stabilize a little.

Weight loss is NOT linear. It is not a constant, steady drop. You may drop big one week and have a small drop the next week. You may lose pounds one week, inches the next.

Keep doing what you are doing, the fact that you lost inches proves that the diet IS working. If you're feeling bloated you might be dealing with a little constipation, there are MANY posts about it on the forum and how to deal with it. Just relax (stress is not going to help you) and TRUST THE PROGRAM.

Need proof? Look through my losses in my signature. I've been on the up-down rollercoaster too
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #6  

ditto Scorbett - trust the program. It works! I have had slow weeks, weeks with no losses, weeks with a slight gain but you have to step back and look at the big picture. What other diet have you lost 12lbs in the first month? I think that I lost 11 my first month but I just kept going at it and knew it would work for me if I worked it. give yourself some time to let the program work and you will see that your weight loss will fluctuate
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #7  
Ideal protein user!

S/C/G: 179/158/145

Height: 5'6

Thank you ladies, It's just a little sad having lost almost 4 pounds in one week then to .4 the next but patience is definitely a virtue
grazi393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yes you are losing. Inches count too! Your body is going to make adjustments along the way, having lost almost 12lbs in the first month your body is going to need to stabilize a little.

Weight loss is NOT linear. It is not a constant, steady drop. You may drop big one week and have a small drop the next week. You may lose pounds one week, inches the next.

Keep doing what you are doing, the fact that you lost inches proves that the diet IS working. If you're feeling bloated you might be dealing with a little constipation, there are MANY posts about it on the forum and how to deal with it. Just relax (stress is not going to help you) and TRUST THE PROGRAM.

Need proof? Look through my losses in my signature. I've been on the up-down rollercoaster too
Scorbett is one smart lady!!
Don't worry too much. Losing inches is what you want too!
I have my weight-in tomorrow morning.. And I know I won't be happy either. I just finished working my overnight rotation at work this morning. I have only been getting 5-6 hrs of sleep for the last 5 days. Lack of sleep is a huge factor in weight loss.
All you can do at this point, is do something you love to do to ease up on the stress, and try and get more sleep. and don't get discouraged.
lcheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #9  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Thank you ladies, It's just a little sad having lost almost 4 pounds in one week then to .4 the next but patience is definitely a virtue
I had zero loss for 9 days, and then dropped 4lbs in 3 days. That's how this diet works. My body had to catch up to the scale...or the scale had to catch up with the body... Anyway. Stick with it, it works!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #10  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I am so glad to read this thread! I stepped on the scale this morning and found I was up 0.6 lb. I have been 100% OP this week and I actually gained! I know it's only a little bit but I made sure I had some Smooth Move tea the day before to be sure I was "empty" so I know it's not that...

I didn't want to post in the daily thread because there have been so many comments about negative posts that I don't want to post anything anymore! I find that being able to use this site as a sounding board is important. I can't talk to anyone else about this diet because no one else understands it. It's only on here that there are people who may have the answers when things don't go the way I expect them to.

So now I am feeling somewhat better about the gain and I will be 100% again this week and maybe I'll get a whoosh as a reward!

P.S. Thank you Scorbett for always helping out without the attitude that is becoming more and more evident on these boards. I see you answering the same questions over and over and I am sure it gets old but you seem to understand that each question is a new one for the person that asks it. With so many bad "coaches" and so many people going rogue, we need people like you to help us navigate through this program!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196.6/167/145

Height: 5'4"

After having bigger numbers in the beginning I started to slow down. It's lasted for 3 weeks. I was feeling bloated and discouraged. My coach recommended smooth move tea, Dulcolax and or Magnesium citrate. I used those with limited success. My new coach told me about Novi cleanse... It's doing the trick. My weigh in isn't until Tuesday and I'm already down 3 lbs! I wish I would have done it after week 4.
TrixieBesMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/ 135/130

Height: 5FT 4in

I only loose about 1 pound a week, so I'm gonna be on IP for a very long time.
Lulu64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #13  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
My weigh in Monday was a huge disappointment, I lost .4 pound (i did loose inches). I have been feeling bloated for the past few days even though I have been 100% with this diet and Im not loosing!
I've been on IP for a month and dropped from 179-167.6. I just find it really annoying not to mention its been such a stressful week with little sleep.
What am I doing wrong?

I also lost 4.6 last week and today I had lost .2, but I know this lifestyle works and next week our losses will be higher... Keep up the 100%
4Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Mom View Post
I also lost 4.6 last week and today I had lost .2, but I know this lifestyle works and next week our losses will be higher... Keep up the 100%
I am pretty much spot on with you. Lost 4.8 last week and .2 today. I knew to be prepared for a small loss, but not gonna lie, disappointment was there. Since my weigh in last thursday though I have been checking out the scale at home (which I try not to do) but it went anywhere from of 183 up to 186 down to 180. And for official weigh in was at the 183. So I know it is nothing consistant and will show up eventually. I think my coach was more disappointed than me. She was talking about possible stalls etc. I have this website to thank for not even worrying about that yet.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
From everything I have read it seems common for your body to have some slow weeks. Mostly seems that your body has to catch up with itself. Also seems really common to hear about a slow week at peoples fourth or fifth weeks. I personally just had nine days where I lost nothing and then the scale just started moving again yesterday.

Knowing I am not alone always helps me. so remember you are not alone and that we are all here for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
ditto Scorbett - trust the program. It works! I have had slow weeks, weeks with no losses, weeks with a slight gain but you have to step back and look at the big picture. What other diet have you lost 12lbs in the first month? I think that I lost 11 my first month but I just kept going at it and knew it would work for me if I worked it. give yourself some time to let the program work and you will see that your weight loss will fluctuate

ALL of the above is such excellent advice and reinforcement. Thanks to all who posted above. It helps not just the newbies but those of us who have been here a while and are faltering a bit.

Last edited by Chloe222; 02-28-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote