Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 2/27/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 2/27/2013

lisa32989
02-27-2013, 05:52 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Sonyasbug
02-27-2013, 05:56 AM
Good morning. Having a real tough week emotionally. I will not give in to food. Just had to declare that. Thanks!

lisa32989
02-27-2013, 06:07 AM
So sorry!
Share your plan for getting thru. It'll be helpful to you and many more!

For new people:
Lotsa great ideas on the "what are you eating" thread. Many weeks worth of menus there!

star19600
02-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning. Having a real tough week emotionally. I will not give in to food. Just had to declare that. Thanks!

You got this. Don't give in!

I did my "official" weigh in at home this morning - down 1.8. Last week had a higher loss so this is about right. For the Mother's Day Challenge I'm down a total of 10.2 - feels good!

I worked from home yesterday due to the crappy weather and so now my day today is going to be packed full of meetings. Yuck. Hope it goes by fast!

Nolawhodatchick
02-27-2013, 07:38 AM

Hang in there! We are all rooting for you! Some days are harder than others. :hug::hug::hug:
:dust:

kileymed13
02-27-2013, 07:52 AM
WI this morning and -2.4 pounds. I have officially gone rogue, the last of my actual IP products was used yesterday.

I am teaching clinical at the hospital I used to work in for years and have received so many positive comments. People are coming to visit me because they heard how "great" I look from others. Such a great feeling. I was talking to someone yesterday and told her about this forum, she seemed very interested. It is such an odd feeling to have people coming to me for advice on what they can do. Puts a smile on my face. It doesn't hurt that I feel great too!!

sanibelover
02-27-2013, 08:17 AM

That's the right attitude!!! Keep at it. I have stopped making excuses. Let's finish this!!!!

heritagesoftail
02-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Happy Hump Day everyone ! So looking forward to my Maple Oatmeal this morning ! Does that make me weird LOL

SylviesGirl
02-27-2013, 08:46 AM
WI today = -1.5 :cool:

Last week's (first) WI was -10.5, and it is TOM, so I am just happy to see the number still budged. That is 12 lbs in 2 weeks, how can I complain?! Onward and forward!

Have a good day, all --

SylviesGirl
02-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Happy Hump Day everyone ! So looking forward to my Maple Oatmeal this morning ! Does that make me weird LOL

LOL, As we would say in my family, "Yes . . . but a good weird." :dizzy:

mrskuby
02-27-2013, 08:48 AM
No negatives! Only sunshine And Puppy Dogs!!!

:sunny::dance::sunny::dance::sunny::dance::sunny:: dance::sunny::dance:

(Okay so I couldn't find a puppy dog but the dancing sheep is close!)

JustSue
02-27-2013, 08:49 AM

Keep saying that over and over, "I will not give in to food!" And look how far you have come!!!!:goodvibes:

Sonyasbug
02-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi all. I've been on plan 10 months and have been very successful at ignoring all the food urges. My plan for being 100% always involves 3fc. Thank goodness for all the supportive words. Im flying today so packing bars and having packets at hand always works. I also search out hard boil eggs if I need. Staying strong. Thank you all!

lisa32989
02-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Love that made into muffins with zucchini!

MonicaKolesnik
02-27-2013, 09:19 AM
I went to the hardware store the other day and one of the sales ladies is walking past and says "I love that hair cut on you" I say thanks and keep shopping, when I get to the till she comes up and starts staring at me then says "there is something different about you" I then tell her about the weight-loss and she was ecstatic for me and said "I knew you looked to go for it to be just the hair". I loved that, made me feel great and just wanted to share.

MonicaKolesnik
02-27-2013, 09:22 AM
WI this morning and -2.4 pounds. I have officially gone rogue, the last of my actual IP products was used yesterday.

I am teaching clinical at the hospital I used to work in for years and have received so many positive comments. People are coming to visit me because they heard how "great" I look from others. Such a great feeling. I was talking to someone yesterday and told her about this forum, she seemed very interested. It is such an odd feeling to have people coming to me for advice on what they can do. Puts a smile on my face. It doesn't hurt that I feel great too!!

You will do great being rouge with many of us. Isn't it nice when positive word spreads and people use our journey not to be jealous but as an inspiration for themselves. Congrats on all the compliments.

sahmmommy2
02-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Hey Everyone,

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Back from vacation, think I need a vacation from my vacation! Anyway, my stats haven't changed for the last couple of weeks, but I consider that a success. I stayed OP and that is what counts. I may be approaching my goal weight now, not losing much these days. Maybe I set it too low. Need to think this through and decide what to do.

Currently digging out from 6+ inches of heavy snow, basement sprung a leak from all the crazy weather we've been having and, we lost more shingles from our brand new roof????

Going to try and get back on this forum regularly this week!

teresac
02-27-2013, 09:30 AM

Last week's (first) WI was -10.5, and it is TOM, so I am just happy to see the number still budged. That is 12 lbs in 2 weeks, how can I complain?! Onward and forward!

Have a good day, all --

I sooooo need to log on every morning an see these posts! Thank you everyone that takes th time to share victories and set backs. I think all of us newbies are looking to the success stories for our encouragement thru rough days, and in my case NIGHTS! lol. (I am a night eater) Happy Wednesday everyone!

scorbett1103
02-27-2013, 09:42 AM

Great mentality - stay in the drivers seat! Hope the rough seas calm down soon for you :)

Woo hoo!! And welcome to the Rogues Gallery :) You are doing awesome!

Have a good day, all --

Amen to that :)

teresac - I saw your post yesterday but passed out cold before I could comment much :) I run a baking/cake pop business out of my house too - it adds a whole different challenge to staying OP. I havent' experienced the sleep-eating but I seem to remember one of the men posting about waking up in the middle of the night and eating a spoonful of peanut butter in his sleep - I will see if I can find that thread (it's an older one) and what he ended up doing about it. In the meantime, can you store your work supplies somewhere that's harder to get to when you aren't conscious? It might be as simple as moving it to a shelf where you need to be able to use a stool or ladder to reach. Good luck!

teresac
02-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Great mentality - stay in the drivers seat! Hope the rough seas calm down soon for you :)

Woo hoo!! And welcome to the Rogues Gallery :) You are doing awesome!

Amen to that :)

teresac - I saw your post yesterday but passed out cold before I could comment much :) I run a baking/cake pop business out of my house too - it adds a whole different challenge to staying OP. I havent' experienced the sleep-eating but I seem to remember one of the men posting about waking up in the middle of the night and eating a spoonful of peanut butter in his sleep - I will see if I can find that thread (it's an older one) and what he ended up doing about it. In the meantime, can you store your work supplies somewhere that's harder to get to when you aren't conscious? It might be as simple as moving it to a shelf where you need to be able to use a stool or ladder to reach. Good luck!

I have an entire room in my home with all of my business supplies in it. I usuallly do not bother it at night if it is locked, and NEVER during the day (which is good). My new plan is to lock it up, and everynight before bed I am putting the keys in my car. I live in North Dakota is it is WAY to cold to go get them! I will continue to problem solve untill I win. The expense of this progrma is a huge motivator for me...plus the fact that I BELIEVE it will work! I turn 50 on friday and want to do whatever I can to be a healthy mom, auntie, sister, friend, and someday granny! Thanks for your response!

Mother of the Groom
02-27-2013, 10:05 AM

Have a good day, all --

Great job! 12lbs is awesome. :carrot:

No negatives! Only sunshine And Puppy Dogs!!!

:sunny::dance::sunny::dance::sunny::dance::sunny:: dance::sunny::dance:

(Okay so I couldn't find a puppy dog but the dancing sheep is close!)

This is my days motto always but then again I'm a dog groomer :rofl:

scorbett1103
02-27-2013, 10:06 AM
I have an entire room in my home with all of my business supplies in it. I usuallly do not bother it at night if it is locked, and NEVER during the day (which is good). My new plan is to lock it up, and everynight before bed I am putting the keys in my car. I live in North Dakota is it is WAY to cold to go get them! I will continue to problem solve untill I win. The expense of this progrma is a huge motivator for me...plus the fact that I BELIEVE it will work! I turn 50 on friday and want to do whatever I can to be a healthy mom, auntie, sister, friend, and someday granny! Thanks for your response!

Great idea!

my31rewards
02-27-2013, 10:30 AM

I have to tell myself that many times a day!

As for the sleep eating - never had that but I did dream the other night that I did - I woke up and was chewing something and figured out it was an oreo and was so upset with myself for it - then I woke up for real and realized it was all a dream!

I seem to be hungrier this week - I had a partial hysterectomy (still have ovaries) in November but I think this would be my TOM so maybe that's why? Do any of you experience more hunger during your TOM?

mquinn106
02-27-2013, 10:33 AM
I seem to be hungrier this week - I had a partial hysterectomy (still have ovaries) in November but I think this would be my TOM so maybe that's why? Do any of you experience more hunger during your TOM?

I have noticed more hunger during TOM. I find that I eat salads way more than normal around that time. I also crave foods that I would never eat, for instance a cheeseburger (I don't eat red meat) very strange, but have only noticed it around TOM. Hopefully it get's better! Tea also helped with feeling full and comforting.

SylviesGirl
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Do any of you experience more hunger during your TOM?

Yes. I had a really hard day on Sunday, onset of TOM. Monday was tough, too, but after that I settled back in. I drank lots of hot tea. Just hold on and get through it - it will be so worth it! Good luck.

Fabulousatfifty
02-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Is there any correlation between weeks OP :?:and hunger? I am on day 3 of week four and my hunger has been really out of control this week (the only other hunger I had at this level was day 1 and 2).

I am following program, but just can't get "filled up". Had a protein drink for breakfast, still hungry. Had one cup of celery with WF BC dressing for mid morning snack, still hungry.

What are people experienceing for the most filling non-restircted foods? Going to make zuchinni for lunch with a soup - zuchinni tends to fill me up!

Would love your thoughts - and BTW, going to bed at 10 pm with that nauseating hunger (after an 8oz. filet mignon at 6pm and a snack bar at 7:30pm) was horrible!

IdealProteinNewbie
02-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Is there any correlation between weeks OP :?:and hunger? I am on day 3 of week four and my hunger has been really out of control this week (the only other hunger I had at this level was day 1 and 2).

I am following program, but just can't get "filled up". Had a protein drink for breakfast, still hungry. Had one cup of celery with WF BC dressing for mid morning snack, still hungry.

What are people experienceing for the most filling non-restircted foods? Going to make zuchinni for lunch with a soup - zuchinni tends to fill me up!

Would love your thoughts - and BTW, going to bed at 10 pm with that nauseating hunger (after an 8oz. filet mignon at 6pm and a snack bar at 7:30pm) was horrible!

:( Hunger definitely comes and goes on IP.

I find the rotini, omelets, and soups very filling.

Don't forget that lettuce is unlimited...I eat a ton of it!

Suchawittygal
02-27-2013, 12:08 PM

You can do this!! Great Attitude to have :D

You're gonna love it!! I'm on my second week of going rogue and I'm LOVING it!! I love the choices and different foods...AND I'm DOWN..it's looking like one of my WHOOSH weeks! Yeah! You will have the same success :D

Last week's (first) WI was -10.5, and it is TOM, so I am just happy to see the number still budged. That is 12 lbs in 2 weeks, how can I complain?! Onward and forward!--

Wow! 12 lbs in two weeks! CONGRATS! You're rocking it! :carrot:

Well, I got on the scale today and was the exact same weight I was yesterday morning...sans cast! So that MUST mean that i would have been DOWN about a pound on my actual weight this morning, if I hadn't had this cast...I'm hoping to be down even more on Friday at my weigh-in.

Everyone is doing such a great job! you all are an inspiration to me!:D

SweetShe
02-27-2013, 12:11 PM
I hope no one takes this as negative but I need to make a whiney compliant...I've lost 27 lbs so far and been overweight my whole life...its interesting where you lose weight in this diet vs other diets. For examole, you can see it in my face in my cheeks and even nose but not so much on the jaw line..and here is my whine...I noticed today my backside is getting flabby...but, I will gladly take whatever loose flab comes my way...it probably won't stay that way forever...just never realized I may have inherited my moms flat nonexistent bottom!!

ragdoll74
02-27-2013, 12:19 PM

I go through periods of hunger with IP, for sure when TOM is comming, and also just random weeks. Some tips to help out.

2 egg whites meet the 0/0/0 (only once per day), so use those to help when you are hungry. I usually keep a bunch of hard boiled eggs in my fridge to grab when I need them.

Make zuchini muffins from the packets. It is more filling that way, and you can split them up and eat them throughout the day.

Try to sleep more. I notice that I get super hungry after 9pm, so I usually go to bed at 9. (I get up at 5:30 am)

Drink hot tea/coffee when you are hungry. You'd be amazed how much this one helps.

ragdoll74
02-27-2013, 12:21 PM
I hope no one takes this as negative but I need to make a whiney compliant...I've lost 27 lbs so far and been overweight my whole life...its interesting where you lose weight in this diet vs other diets. For examole, you can see it in my face in my cheeks and even nose but not so much on the jaw line..and here is my whine...I noticed today my backside is getting flabby...but, I will gladly take whatever loose flab comes my way...it probably won't stay that way forever...just never realized I may have inherited my moms flat nonexistent bottom!!

It will all even out when you get closer to goal. I admit that it can be a little frustrating when your pants look deflated in the rear, but the waist is still tight.

bubbleblower
02-27-2013, 12:25 PM
I went to the hardware store the other day and one of the sales ladies is walking past and says "I love that hair cut on you" I say thanks and keep shopping, when I get to the till she comes up and starts staring at me then says "there is something different about you" I then tell her about the weight-loss and she was ecstatic for me and said "I knew you looked to go for it to be just the hair". I loved that, made me feel great and just wanted to share.

That had to feel great!!

I had my first hair comment yesterday. A colleague was sitting in my office chatting when she commented how great my hair looked, and asked if I had just had it done. She said I looked like I had just walked out of the salon. This was pretty funny given that I haven't had time to even get my hair trimmed in months, and I've been thinking it looked pretty shaggy lately especially since I've only been blow drying it halfway. (I've been spoiled being on vacation and haven't quite settled back into my work routine.) Anyway, I just said thanks and moved the conversation along. :)

Fabulousatfifty
02-27-2013, 12:28 PM
:( Hunger definitely comes and goes on IP.

I find the rotini, omelets, and soups very filling.

Don't forget that lettuce is unlimited...I eat a ton of it!

Thank you! and i believe the rotini is NOT restricted?

Fabulousatfifty
02-27-2013, 12:34 PM
I go through periods of hunger with IP, for sure when TOM is comming, and also just random weeks. Some tips to help out.

2 egg whites meet the 0/0/0 (only once per day), so use those to help when you are hungry. I usually keep a bunch of hard boiled eggs in my fridge to grab when I need them.

Make zuchini muffins from the packets. It is more filling that way, and you can split them up and eat them throughout the day.

Try to sleep more. I notice that I get super hungry after 9pm, so I usually go to bed at 9. (I get up at 5:30 am)

Drink hot tea/coffee when you are hungry. You'd be amazed how much this one helps.

Thank you Ragdoll - what packets do you use for the zuchinni muffins and can you have 2 egg whites OR 1 boiled egg? My coach said I could have one boiled egg a day if I needed it, i haven't yet, but think I may.....

IdealProteinNewbie
02-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Thank you! and i believe the rotini is NOT restricted?

You are correct, non-restricted!

MntRose
02-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Okay going to repeat some questions here that I asked yesterday and see if I get any ideas, plus a new one or two.
First I see the abbreviation DH and not sure what it means?

If adding an extra packet or deli meat to your daily food allowance, should there be a range for sodium I should keep it under?

Would Bragg's Liquid Aminos be allowed OP?

I like reading the forums, for the most part everyone is so supportive and sharing. It's really very helpful. Have a great day guys and gals

IdealProteinNewbie
02-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Okay going to repeat some questions here that I asked yesterday and see if I get any ideas, plus a new one or two.
First I see the abbreviation DH and not sure what it means?

If adding an extra packet or deli meat to your daily food allowance, should there be a range for sodium I should keep it under?

Would Bragg's Liquid Aminos be allowed OP?

I like reading the forums, for the most part everyone is so supportive and sharing. It's really very helpful. Have a great day guys and gals

DH = Darling Husband

Don't worry about the extra sodium from a packet. However, you really shouldn't eat deli meat. Most have nitrates/hidden sugars. Also, a serving size is generally 2 oz and since you need 8 oz per day, you would have to quadruple the nutrition facts. If it's an emergency I would stick with 2 oz of turkey.

Bragg's is fine!

ladylunk
02-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Good morning everyone. Feels like I haven't got on the thread in the morning for awhile. Been rough days (family wise not diet) and more rough days coming, but still working IP, plugging along. So far it has not been hard to stay on plan, it kind of feels like the only thing I have control of and is a routine right now and I think I take comfort in that.

On a lighter note.....Been observing how important meal/snack time is to me. Anyone else go through this? As a mom usually it's grab this chug that get everyone else looked after. Lately, even though I can see I alienate myself a bit from family at eating times. I make sure to have the kids taken care of which many times means they eat first (bad me not eating with them all the time), but my time to sit and eat my food has become very important suddenly. I guess there are only these certain times a day that I eat and I want to take full advantage. Even when I open my snack at night I find I get grumpy if I am interupted from it to take care of something else. When I am savoring my food I want no interuptions. Maybe it could be hormones.....who knows.

Have a good day everyone.

SylviesGirl
02-27-2013, 01:10 PM

I'll trade you your flat butt for mine . . . it comes complete with a lovely shelf!! :dizzy:

SylviesGirl
02-27-2013, 01:13 PM
On a lighter note.....Been observing how important meal/snack time is to me. Anyone else go through this? As a mom usually it's grab this chug that get everyone else looked after. Lately, even though I can see I alienate myself a bit from family at eating times. I make sure to have the kids taken care of which many times means they eat first (bad me not eating with them all the time), but my time to sit and eat my food has become very important suddenly. I guess there are only these certain times a day that I eat and I want to take full advantage. Even when I open my snack at night I find I get grumpy if I am interupted from it to take care of something else. When I am savoring my food I want no interuptions. Maybe it could be hormones.....who knows.

I know exactly what you mean. I act like our dog does when he's given a bone . . . he goes off to his favorite spot in the house and does not want to be bothered . . . I'm the same way . . . and I just might bite if anyone considers having any of my Pure Protein bars . . . :nono:

wildviolets
02-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Does anyone have any problems with depression or mood swings? I'm thinking maybe it's the soy packets but this is just a guess. I've been on IP since Thanksgiving and lately I've had some really bad days where i don't want to get out of bed and cry a lot and then later in the day want to bite everyone's head off for no reason. Also my skin has been very irritable/itchy at night and sleep is restless. I'm 46 so it might just be perimenopause but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks for any input/help!
Denise

MntRose
02-27-2013, 01:31 PM
DH = Darling Husband

Don't worry about the extra sodium from a packet. However, you really shouldn't eat deli meat. Most have nitrates/hidden sugars. Also, a serving size is generally 2 oz and since you need 8 oz per day, you would have to quadruple the nutrition facts. If it's an emergency I would stick with 2 oz of turkey.

Bragg's is fine!

Thanks so much for your response. :hug:

I still have my dinner with 6 to 8 ounces of lean meat, My coach has me adding the extra protien because I have been losing too much lean muscle and honestly I would rather not go with the extra packet because I haven't found that many that I can stand and the deli meat is so much more appetizing to me. I currently have Boar's Head oven roast turkey so the stats of that is 1g fat, 13g protein 0g carbs and 350mg sodium per 2 ounces and that's the serving size I have.

I am asking about the sodium here because she said I could have the deli meat a week ago without giving me any guide lines, but then at this weeks WI she told me the deli meat is the reason I didn't have much of a loss this week (This was my 5th week WI by the way, seems common from what I have read to have a slow week here), because its full of sugars and sodium. I had read the nutrition information carefully so I asked her what amount of sodium would be okay and she replied she did not know and I must use a packet instead. So I asked why she even said I could have the deli meat to begin with and she just stared at me.

I need extra protein that much is obvious because my lean muscle loss slowed to almost no extra this last week. So I just need to figure out how to get the extra protein while still being 100% OP. I am still very new to the program and just trying to understand how to maintain my lean muscles.

ragdoll74
02-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Thank you Ragdoll - what packets do you use for the zuchinni muffins and can you have 2 egg whites OR 1 boiled egg? My coach said I could have one boiled egg a day if I needed it, i haven't yet, but think I may.....

I like using the oatmeal, but the IP one is restricted. I use an alternative one that isn't restricted. Check the recipe threads, because you should be able to use the shakes also.

PacNW IP
02-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Does anyone have any problems with depression or mood swings? I'm thinking maybe it's the soy packets but this is just a guess. I've been on IP since Thanksgiving and lately I've had some really bad days where i don't want to get out of bed and cry a lot and then later in the day want to bite everyone's head off for no reason. Also my skin has been very irritable/itchy at night and sleep is restless. I'm 46 so it might just be perimenopause but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

Yes! I've been super cranky the past couple of weeks, and it's starting to affect my relationship with DH. I just can't explain to him why I've been in such a bad mood. Maybe it is the soy; I never thought about that. I had been thinking it had to do with all the work I've been having to do in prepping and planning my meals. That can get exhausting! I need to start following the advice I've read on some of the other threads and spend an hour or so on the weekend to prep and plan for the week.

Hope you start to feel better!

mrskuby
02-27-2013, 02:23 PM

I still have my dinner with 6 to 8 ounces of lean meat, My coach has me adding the extra protien because I have been losing too much lean muscle and honestly I would rather not go with the extra packet because I haven't found that many that I can stand and the deli meat is so much more appetizing to me. I currently have Boar's Head oven roast turkey so the stats of that is 1g fat, 13g protein 0g carbs and 350mg sodium per 2 ounces and that's the serving size I have.

I am asking about the sodium here because she said I could have the deli meat a week ago without giving me any guide lines, but then at this weeks WI she told me the deli meat is the reason I didn't have much of a loss this week (This was my 5th week WI by the way, seems common from what I have read to have a slow week here), because its full of sugars and sodium. I had read the nutrition information carefully so I asked her what amount of sodium would be okay and she replied she did not know and I must use a packet instead. So I asked why she even said I could have the deli meat to begin with and she just stared at me.

I need extra protein that much is obvious because my lean muscle loss slowed to almost no extra this last week. So I just need to figure out how to get the extra protein while still being 100% OP. I am still very new to the program and just trying to understand how to maintain my lean muscles.

My "coach" was just about as informed...that's why I went rogue! LOL I have 4 packs a day because she told me that I was losing lean muscle and I was starving (like angry hungry!) and until recently my weight loss has been great. Remember that you can have 2 egg whites and if you are using eggs instead of an extra pack, I would imagine you could have whole eggs rather than whites...I like to use 2 hard boiled egg whites with a bowl of lettuce and WF dressing when i need something extra....

mrskuby
02-27-2013, 02:26 PM

Thanks for any input/help!
Denise

Yes! I've been super cranky the past couple of weeks, and it's starting to affect my relationship with DH. I just can't explain to him why I've been in such a bad mood. Maybe it is the soy; I never thought about that. I had been thinking it had to do with all the work I've been having to do in prepping and planning my meals. That can get exhausting! I need to start following the advice I've read on some of the other threads and spend an hour or so on the weekend to prep and plan for the week.

Hope you start to feel better!

Don't forget the estrogen that is stored in our fat that gets released as we lose weight...I'm pretty sure that's what caused my mood swings (and unpredictable TOM). :devil:

Fabulousatfifty
02-27-2013, 02:39 PM

I like using the oatmeal, but the IP one is restricted. I use an alternative one that isn't restricted. Check the recipe threads, because you should be able to use the shakes also.

Will do - thank you!:)

Desafinado
02-27-2013, 03:38 PM
One thing I have learned through my various diets is that it's all a head game. Yes, it's about food, but the bulk of it is getting your head in the right space to do what you need to do to stay on plan.

Now, I have always been able to do that for a short while, say four months. I stay focused, write everything down, exercise, lose lose lose (never as much as fast as I have on IP) and then one day, I can't do it any more.

That's what scares me. I have a ways to go and I will not be there when I hit four months on this diet. So, I am trying to head off the trouble this time because I know this is the diet that will finally get all the weight off if I can just win the head game.

Are there any tools or tips anybody can suggest that I can start to adopt now that will help me stay on track and focused when I get to that "i don't want to write this down/eat this/shake this up anymore" moment?

LizJazz
02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
My "coach" was just about as informed...that's why I went rogue! LOL I have 4 packs a day because she told me that I was losing lean muscle and I was starving (like angry hungry!) and until recently my weight loss has been great. Remember that you can have 2 egg whites and if you are using eggs instead of an extra pack, I would imagine you could have whole eggs rather than whites...I like to use 2 hard boiled egg whites with a bowl of lettuce and WF dressing when i need something extra....

I have 4 packets a day sometimes too because I start feeling low blood sugarish and get really hungry.

ragdoll74
02-27-2013, 04:56 PM
One thing I have learned through my various diets is that it's all a head game. Yes, it's about food, but the bulk of it is getting your head in the right space to do what you need to do to stay on plan.

Now, I have always been able to do that for a short while, say four months. I stay focused, write everything down, exercise, lose lose lose (never as much as fast as I have on IP) and then one day, I can't do it any more.

That's what scares me. I have a ways to go and I will not be there when I hit four months on this diet. So, I am trying to head off the trouble this time because I know this is the diet that will finally get all the weight off if I can just win the head game.

Are there any tools or tips anybody can suggest that I can start to adopt now that will help me stay on track and focused when I get to that "i don't want to write this down/eat this/shake this up anymore" moment?

Write a letter to yourself about how you felt carrying the extra weight, why you want to lose it, and the things you will be able to do after you get to goal. If you ever feel like giving up, read the letter again.

IdealProteinNewbie
02-27-2013, 05:38 PM

No problem! Actually, I was going to suggest Boar's Head turkey! I doubt that impacted your loss last week...many, many, many factors affect weight loss. Don't worry! Also, don't be afraid to add a hard-boiled egg if you need a little boost of extra protein!

lisa32989
02-27-2013, 06:03 PM
I'll trade you your flat butt for mine . . . it comes complete with a lovely shelf!! :dizzy:
LOL! We all want what we don't have, right? I've never had a flat butt and always thought it would be better than the big booty I have. I've always been curvy and know people who would trade just about anything for that. Some girls want straight hair, others want curly.
One of the preschool teachers I work with says this to her class when she is handing out items. I think it fits: "You get what you get and don't throw a fit" :)

Oh wow. It could be the estrogen being released. It could be the soy (I cut all soy protein in January...PM me if you need more info) OR it could be a medical issue like a thyroid gone awry (dry skin, tiredness, mood swings could all be symptoms). Mine did. Make an appt with your doc and have everything checked out, just to make sure all is well before you blame soy or perimenopause or before we just dismiss it as excess estrogen.

UGH! How did she know you were losing muscle? Those scales give an estimate of lean MASS, but that is everything that isn't fat (water, bone, connective tissue, blood vessels, literally everything). When we lose fat, we EXPECT to lose some lean mass. It does not necessarily mean you are losing muscle. It would have to be a pretty high tech test (not just the scanner scale) to determine how much fat/muscle and you'd have to have a baseline to compare it to.

I agree with what others have said about deli meat & I'm sorry she said to do that & then reversed on you. Lots of sodium/sugar/need to read labels before buying there.

I really wouldn't worry about lean "muscle". The scanner scales aren't that accurate of a measure & so many coaches don't even know it. (Unless you've been through TWO tests (before and now) to really determine fat %.

You are exactly right. Success is all in your head. Am I reading that you are afraid of failure?

Aren't we all? Let's stick together and do this thing! I'm saying this right here & now: if I can do this ANYONE can. You & me. Stick together to the end and into maintenance. We got this.

AmberMae
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
quick question...

Is butternut squash okay for a vegtable??? I use to love it then i found it at my super market cut up already. Just wondering if this is okay for a vegtable?

Thanks everyone!!

lisa32989
02-27-2013, 06:07 PM
quick question...

Is butternut squash okay for a vegtable??? I use to love it then i found it at my super market cut up already. Just wondering if this is okay for a vegtable?

Thanks everyone!!
Sorry darlin'. Too high in carbs. It's on the "no no" list :nono:
You love it b/c it is SWEET!
Only Zucchini and crooked neck yellow summer squash

Alliegirl17
02-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Hey all!!
This is my first week back OP after being off IP for a couple months over the holidays. I found that my life was way too hectic to keep up during the past couple of months ... So, all that matters is I am back on it!! :)

I maintained pretty much the first 15 I lost a few months ago, so I am very happy about that. So now it is time to get rid of the rest forever!! :)

Sammie12
02-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't been on the boards as much as I like. I have noticed that if I don't religiously read the boards daily even if I don't post I feel myself wanting to slip off. Think I am just frustrated that I have not reached the 40lb mark. Tomorrow is weigh in so hoping for any loss. My coach thinks it may be my body just adjusting to what I have loss so far. Thank you too all those that do post because by reading the posts this seems to make me accountable. :)

MntRose
02-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks for all the help IP buddies :hugs:

I agree that just reading helps mentally to keep me focused on the good this plan is doing for me. This is the longest I have ever stayed on a diet before and while I was worried at first about failure, now I am starting to get really excited for the future.

jeffiner
02-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Mood swings and sadness can also be caused by the low amount of carbs your consumming. Carbs actually assist in one of the "happy chemicals" seratonin maybe??? Anyway don't let it get out of control, see you Dr if your not feeling more like your old self soon.
When I went through a few sad weeks my husband suggested it might be from breaking up with my best friend "food" it was my comfort I think he was on to something..which is amazing as I don't usually describe him as very astute when it come to stuff like that!

ginettepv
02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks for all the help IP buddies :hugs:

I agree that just reading helps mentally to keep me focused on the good this plan is doing for me. This is the longest I have ever stayed on a diet before and while I was worried at first about failure, now I am starting to get really excited for the future.

DITTO very well said. I could not agree more.

wildviolets
02-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks for your input. I need to get some blood work done. Something doesn't feel right and I better check out. Thanks again!

ladylunk
02-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't been on the boards as much as I like. I have noticed that if I don't religiously read the boards daily even if I don't post I feel myself wanting to slip off. Think I am just frustrated that I have not reached the 40lb mark. Tomorrow is weigh in so hoping for any loss. My coach thinks it may be my body just adjusting to what I have loss so far. Thank you too all those that do post because by reading the posts this seems to make me accountable. :)

Good luck to you tomorrow, but don't dwell if you don't get the numbers you want...it will come. I totally agree with you about the boards. It is definately a huge part of my success in staying OP so far. What's facebook? I spend most of my time here.

Holy cow, I just finished off my 3rd head of cauliflower in a week.. Yikes. I am trying to think if anyone else had any, but nope pretty sure just me. So will have to see what happens at my weigh in tomorrow, I hope they are not considered one of the higher carb veggies, guess I will have to look. Lost what I thought was a lot last week so not expecting much this week. Really am hooked on cauliflower and cabbage right now. My stomach is always making noises after those veggies!

lisa32989
02-27-2013, 10:06 PM
So, this just came up on the Tracking Unlimited Lettuce thread

If you eat a lot of grocery store Rotisserie Chickens, have you read the label lately?

They inject them (so they'll be juicy).
Guess what is in the injection?
Potato starch, rice starch, sugar...among other things.
Read your nutrition & ingredient labels carefully!

The processed food industry is NOT our friend. They add LOTS of extras to make it taste extra good so we'll buy more. This is no longer what we are looking for. I learned about this when I was on Atkins 10 years ago. After that, I bought a counter-top rotisserie appliance so I could make my own. It isn't quite as convenient (nor as juicy) but I know what's in it!

jkf22
02-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Hi I'm new to this forum. I started IP on 2/1/13 and feel great. I love reading these posts. Even with the success over the last 3 weeks I think I am going to love and need support here!

scorbett1103
02-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi I'm new to this forum. I started IP on 2/1/13 and feel great. I love reading these posts. Even with the success over the last 3 weeks I think I am going to love and need support here!

Welcome! There are quite a few of us from MA here (I'm in Southcoast MA).