Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #1  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

Default Let's get it done - let's be inspired

Some of us make excuses, put things off. ”I’ll start Monday.” ”I’ll make the big commitment when I’m feeling really inspired.” ”One more weekend of splurging and then I will be dedicated.” But the truth is, I don’t think we really feel more motivated one moment to the next. Not truly. Maybe for an hour or so - but it’s fleeting. At the end of the week, day, or moment, we are still upset that we are overweight, and know we need to make a big change in our lives to make a difference for our bodies and our health. Every day we wake up with a bloated stomach, thighs that have no business at that proportion, and upper arms that flap when they move - we are unhappy at this weight. What could be more pressing than our happiness?

Today I was no more inspired than any other day. I felt sorry for myself, but I wanted to stay in after my 9 hour office job and take a bath and get comfortable. My fiance has a cold, and I just wanted to take care of him and get cozy on the couch. Instead, uninspired, I took action. Immediately upon coming home I changed into workout clothes and decided to go for a walk. I started walking, and thought I would jog a bit. My walk/jog turned into a 30 minute full-on jog. I’m not saying it was athletic - I’m just saying I made a real effort when I didn't intend to, didn't want to really - I just took action. I also ate a big salad for dinner - a delicious veggie taco salad. I truly enjoyed it.

I know sometimes we hate it. I know it’s hard to give up a delicious, indulgent meal, or a portion of it. I know it’s hard to work out when we don’t feel like it. But it’s also, so very hard, to wake up each morning, overweight, and not our best selves. There are delicious meals we can make that will promote our weight loss. There are exercises we can do that are fun and will promote our weight loss. And even when it’s not delicious or fun, we can make the effort - because tomorrow it will be fun. Tomorrow we will be happy about yesterday’s choices.

We can indulge - moderately. But just know it will be rough. It will be hard. Frankly, I know it will freaking suck. But the bodies we want, and the longevity in life we reap from our efforts today are more important - the choices will pay off in happiness and years. Pleasure in food is just a portion of life. Happiness and contentment in what is refracted in the mirror is a goal I want to achieve more than any dish I wish to indulge in. And when I don’t feel that way, I know it is fleeting - just do the right thing for your body anyway.

Put in the effort. Make a change. I know it is difficult, I find it difficult as I write this. Even when you hate it, let’s do it. Let’s dig deep and freaking do this already. I’m not going to be the sad story of the girl who whined she wanted to lose the weight but never could: I’m going to be the girl who blew everyone away and did it.

-Jessica [let's blog it out]
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/243/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow, this is very inspiring! Thank you!
Lizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #3  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

You are so welcome, Lizza! Good luck!
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/cw 147/gw 135/ugw 130

Height: 5'7''

Love this! I also find that making myself change into workout clothes motivates me to go to the gym! I'm so glad you posted this - it's very inspiring!
bubblybarrister is offline   Reply With Quote